Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So on yesterday's show, if you guys missed it, we were talking about how in Melbourne there is currently a lie's epidemic head lice, which if you're a parent, just having any lights in your household is a very very scary thing. Now, knowing that sixty percent of children in Melbourne and then potentially across the country are going to end up with head lies is terrifying.
Speaker 1: It's life's season, baby, It's life's season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're taken over. Not just any lice though, it's super liice. And so Mitch so willingly on yesterday's show put his hand up to go tribute to volunteer to help show the country how to protect yourself against life.
Speaker 1: Didn't you consented for me? I've never said I'm down to do this.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, okay, this is what happened on the show. I brought a public service announcement to all of the parents of Australia, and I think that now we owe another public service announcement and we do.
Speaker 1: We owe this to the Australian public, and that is Mitch.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, I'm going to show everyone on the show how to get nits out of their hair and that's by using you. So, Mitch, I think you should go chain your shirt, put on something that you don't mind if it gets a little bit of residue on it, and then and no we're not I swear I am not tricking you. This is a very important change your shirt and come back. In a second appeared Mitch is walking out of the studio.
Speaker 3: Well, no, this is a very important put a different shirt on, put something on that you don't mind if it gets a bit wet.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what we have happening here is Mitch has just left the studio. He's putting on a different shirt. Now we have an old wives tail remedy that we want to trial on Mitch. And that wives tail, well, it's a homemade remedy. More so than a wives tail. That is mayonnaise, which apparently it used to be thought that if you smother the hair in mayonnaise, you let it sit, chuck a glab rap over the top of it, it actually helps to kill the lice.
Speaker 3: We don't know if that really works or not, so it's not even a home remedy. We made it up. No, it really is a home remedy. It's just also been debunked that it doesn't work. Yeah, we just we just thought were just look, let's call space baby. We want to slam the Mitch's heady. Maaydaise, We don't want to tell Mitch.
Speaker 1: Al Right, Mitch, come on, come back in Okay.
Speaker 3: So we've got the home remedy ready, Mitch, because this is what people are using. Twenty twenty two study has proved that this common home remedy for headlights is more effective than many over the counter treatments.
Speaker 2: And that home remedy itself is a bottle of Heinz seriously good mayonnaise, egg mayonnaise, specifically Cozy Lives.
Speaker 1: Babe, You've got to think about it. It is expensive. It is stop it. Someone is wrapping me in the TA produce it great.
Speaker 2: It's a very expensive time in life. People need to be able to conserve costs come up with home remedies, and this apparently is and it says it right here. It is the most effective way of killing life.
Speaker 3: Let me explain it to you, Mitch. The thick consistency. This is from the study, The thick consistency. Laurie can start to apply it.
Speaker 1: Please, no, you can't stop.
Speaker 2: Stop while while it reads out what's happening, and this this study.
Speaker 1: I'm going to start applying this to your hair.
Speaker 2: Fantastic the thing, and I've got to take the little little tab off the inside.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: They don't have I just want the record to show guys, it's all about the application, right, so people.
Speaker 1: Know how to do it. I don't know. Thanks, Okay.
Speaker 3: So the thick consistency of mayonnaise smothers the adult lause because lous is a singular life, and the enzymes in the oil used in the mayonnaise stunt the growth while in the egg stage. Now, this is why mayonnaise is so important, Mitch, because we want okay, the mayonnaise.
Speaker 1: Comba through delicious. This is making me remember Mayo.
Speaker 3: Is my middle name, so don't knock it too much. What happens now is, Mitch, it's the mayonnaise in your hair, which looks beautiful. It's smothering the egg.
Speaker 2: It's cold.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I feel it actually actually goes on like conditioner. I think it's a very good.
Speaker 3: It also well, it stops the lice at the egg stage, at the egg stage, which is what you want. But on top of that, even though you feel gross right now. Mayonnaise has been proven to have very hydrating properties, So what it's doing is hydrating at the cuticle at the same time, and your hair is going to probably grow quicker and be more glossy and lush.
Speaker 1: I think it's important.
Speaker 2: I mean, we want this to be a helpful segment that people can actually get something out of. What if you've tried everything and if you know the over the counter treatments are not working for you, we would recommend not using mayonnaise because it's absolutely been proven.
Speaker 1: To not work at all.
Speaker 2: Not even there is Look it used to it used to exist and people used to do this thinking that maybe it worked, but it has been disproved only a.
Speaker 1: Couple of years. I think we need to put some of his mistas or get off whatever. What about cubes, That's where the lives really are. Sorry, you two made that up. I knew it because Brick couldn't make eye contact. When she was reading the lice dase. She said, one singular license a list some bullshit.
Speaker 3: A lous. You are a giant louse and now you're dead because of the mayonnaise does nothing, No.
Speaker 1: It doesn't. It's got warm, it's got warm. It's actually got good giant hamb our falcon in at the back. It's gott.
Speaker 3: Mit you actually no, no.
Speaker 1: No, don't do no. I've got a hate mayonnaise.
Speaker 3: Mitch.
Speaker 1: If you come near me, Mitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go and wash your sick.
Speaker 1: Mitch, get out, Mitch.
Speaker 2: I do I do want to say, I'm so grateful you are such a team sport and you really have help parents, because someone could have tried this and it wouldn't have worked.
Speaker 1: Team player.
Speaker 2: Someone would have tried this and not known that actually it's a home remedy that doesn't work. But now we've just we've disproved one as well. We also could have just told them like mis MythBuster.
Speaker 3: But for lice by everyone, all go wash uting building.
Speaker 1: We did bring you shampoo conditioner. It's made from Dijon. Bye see you guys.