Speaker 1: I'd like to acknowledge the traditional owners on which this episode is being recorded, the combo marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging, and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer Podcast. This is the podcast where we ch have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, we're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life cast you by.
Speaker 2: Then you're in the right place.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome back to the RNC potty, Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to the body. Can you tell it?
Speaker 1: Thursday afternoon, a Tia writes, being like a little script and then I just usually ran and go off, But then I like looked back and I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh yep, I was about to say the same bit. So that's great.
Speaker 1: Anyway, you can tell we're a bit delirious guys. Today we are answering a fun hotline question all to do with unrequited love and taking your power back. So if you're currently in a situationship or even a friendship and finding yourself putting more energy into that relationship than the other person, then you're going to love this episode. I'm not gonna lie. I went on a bit of a tangent. You could hell. I was like, you could tell there was like a topic on my brain and I wanted it to like fit into this episode. And then we listened to it back and I thought, does it relate? But I really tried. I really more just wanted to talk about personal power. We did bring it back at the end. Yeah, look, we bring it back at the end. So enjoy this fun episode. We really give you all the angles, which is what we do here at R and C. But before we get into it, a quick weekly update a tear.
Speaker 3: Well, we shot something really exciting last week that I can't say anything more about.
Speaker 2: On Friday, what did we shoot?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I'll have to bleep that out but there is a sneak peek in our Facebook group, so if you want to go into the Facebook group, you'll get a sneak peek. So exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how was your week, Georgie. I think you've done a lot of exciting shooting.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's trained, She's.
Speaker 1: Trained in the best way possible. So much exciting shit happened this week. So I went to Byron on Sunday with Tim and Ivy and Cooper and his family, and that was beautiful. We stayed at this We didn't stay so Tim and Ivy went home, but for the next two nights I stayed at this really beautiful retreat house because we then had an NH team day on Monday. Sorry went there tt.
Speaker 2: It's okay, I understand.
Speaker 1: And it was just incredible because it was a really pivotal moment for us as a team to all come together. We went through and really solidified our brand values and it was really cool because when we were brainstorming, everyone was so aligned and it was it's cool to see that what our mission is, what we want to embody and what we believe in is already what we do.
Speaker 2: If that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I love that and was that the first time you've done a team day like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like we've done various team days randomly in the past, but like I guess, like a serious one like that for sure. So that was really cool. And then we did some personal goals, some goals within our roles, and then.
Speaker 2: We got onto this.
Speaker 1: We called it a dreaming session, and we got everyone to just do like their biggest, most creative goals and dreams for n Hah, Like nothing was out of the realm. Oh my god, it was crazy. It was kind of cool because I kind of started it and was just went really fucking big, really fast. But everyone was like, oh my god, I had like a similar idea or you know, we would then build on it, and oh my god. They were incredible, and it just got me so hyped for NH's future. And I guess just I felt really emotional thinking about how incredible our team is and how lucky I am to be like surrounded by such incredible people and to you know, have built alongside the team such he like such a company that is like it encompasses everything that it is, Like it's so transparent in like what it is. It's so embodied in being a community based you know company, and I don't know. I just I'm still like even processing it all. But it was incredible. So glad we did that. And then the next day we had the content team stay was like a fun little sleepover, felt like I was at camp. Me and the girls were like delirious by the end of We're just like giggling. And then we shot for a campaign the next day for and H. I was like, can't tell you, guys.
Speaker 3: Can you give us alasta?
Speaker 1: No? No, tried, guys, you guys, we'll find out soon's it's coming quite soon. It's just think it's for the community. Yeah, it's really fucking exciting. And yeah. Then I finally got to go home, so I be and Tim I miss them so much. And then I had my second live call for Rebirth this week A big week.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, that was a.
Speaker 1: Lot of energy.
Speaker 2: That was a vibe.
Speaker 1: That was incredible. So guys, if you still want to join rebirth, you can join and get access to the first live calls and still join in on the last two and still join in in the Facebook group and our event. I'm not so just say too much mother and yeah, so big, big week. And then today's just been like an admin day. I'm like, I've got to get all my shit Doneah, i still got to do all the admin shit of running a business. So look, she's tired, but she's grateful.
Speaker 2: We love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well let's get into this episode.
Speaker 2: First hotline in a while, guys, give it to me.
Speaker 3: So our question, this one was actually pulled from our R and C community Facebook group.
Speaker 2: If you're not in there, hop in there.
Speaker 1: If you're not in there, what are you actually doing? Yes?
Speaker 2: Because what do you do on the weekend?
Speaker 1: Because we have so much fun in there, and that's where we get all our ideas for the podcast.
Speaker 2: Basically, it's amazing. It's the best community.
Speaker 3: So the question that was sent in is, Hi, rn C fam, I'm new to all things manifestation and wiru as G would say, and I'm absolutely loving it. I have a bit of a crush on a friend. He's absolutely not available but is super flirty. I feel like I give my power away so much by engaging with him. But he's a good friend too, so I don't want to lose the great connection we have. I would love your advice on getting over unrequited feelings. If there's a potty app on this please let me know this is the episode and taking my power back. I've been single for a while now and haven't met anyone I really connect with, so maybe I'm projecting so much too.
Speaker 2: I'm pakia so much. So let's just go in parts.
Speaker 1: Firstly, should we tell them why we're not using the word woo wu Yes, let's do it. So firstly, I want to announce to you guys, I say this, We have said this so much on the podcast, and it's wo woo. It's about when you're talking about anything spiritual or MANIFESTI and we actually will not be saying it any longer. And I also encourage you guys not to say it. And it has come from I saw these beautiful stories from Holly as a party and we've actually heard her on the podcast. That was such an amazing episode, wasn't it a tr It was beautiful. If you haven't listened to it, it's all about how to not be a people pleaser, go listen to it. A tea will link it and on her stories she said, I specifically like, don't use the words woo woo because that comes from I guess like language back in the day where it's like watering down the powerfulness of spirituality. Yeah, and manifesting. And it's a term I think she said, coined in the seventies or eighties that almost kind of to call women crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like very it's a bit demeaning to spirituality, and it makes it seem like a joke. I'd say, yeah, and like less less then well like not legit? Yeah, what's that word?
Speaker 2: Not legitimate?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That this podcast is me just asking you if that word makes sense. So that's a quick ps. That's why we won't be using woo wu anymore, because this shit is legit. And thank you for Holly for pointing that out and educating us. Her stories are great. Okay, So I've got almost a two parter when you're saying this question a tea and because a tea reads this live to me, So I haven't had time to fully digest this. But first of all, I was thinking two parts. So first of all, I want to talk about personal power in general, and then let's go into this very specific scenario. Yeah, I have actually thinking. I've been thinking a lot about personal power, and the definition for me of personal power is harnessing, trusting, and acting on your power when it is not swayed or influenced by someone else. That's what I would say personal power is. For me, let me give you a scenario, and this is great, because not great, but I feel like would be able to resonate with this. It's like, actually, not everyone, but if you have a small business, if you have anything on social media, Yeah, when you upload a post to social media and you get good feedback, you get likes, comments, shares, I don't know, it goes viral on TikTok. You get this outside feedback that that was good, that you should do more, and you start to get power from that. And I would call that leveraging power. You're like cool people like when I talk about this, it's really exciting. It's validation, I guess. So you continue to create content like that or whatever. Yeah, So what I would say personal power is, for instance, me having this really amazing message to share on social media. Me sharing on social media, it not maybe getting as many views, likes, shares, or whatever. That not meaning anything to me. So me continuing to put out content like that or to believe into my message, Yeah, just because I'm not getting the whatever feedback I thought I might get so like personal power, That's what I really see, is like when you're locking into something continuously no matter how other people are acting or how other people are doing, and it's from this complete place of like, yeah, I know myself, I know what I want, I know what I believe in, and I get to just keep doing me and acting as me, even if it's like I'm not getting like the certain feedback. Yes, would you say that's what personal power is? Yes?
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I think in like a sense of maybe I don't put as much on social media. Yeah I do in a work sense, but not so much personally.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 3: An example that comes to mind for me is like if you're having a conversation with a close friend and maybe they are a bit dismissive of something new you're trying.
Speaker 2: If you're trying a new.
Speaker 3: Hobby or activity, or you're getting really passionate about a specific topic and that's not really resonating with your family or your friends, and you're not getting that like excitement you might normally get from them, but not letting that sway you or affect your level of excitement or passion about that thing hugely.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that, and it honestly reminds me. You know, five years ago when I got into manifesting, when no one even knew what it was, Yeah, and I would talk about it, and I even remember being like so conscious that so many people didn't even know what it was. And so what I loved about that moment and that version of myself is like I kept talking about it, I kept believing in it, and it's like now manifesting is like trending. Yeah, so everywhere, It's literally everywhere. So that's even like moments like that of even questioning and like asking yourself and I know this is going really wide, but where do you give your personal power away from outside influences? Do you wear something and if you don't get feedback, do you change your style? So true or like anything like in regards to what you post on social media, anythink of how you be, what you believe in, what you read, what you consume. Is it from a place of you needing an influenced influence of validation from others or is it from this like deep knowing and trusting.
Speaker 3: It's like very surface level example. What what just came to mind is like you try a cute dress on at the shops and you want to buy it, and you send a picture to your friend and then they're not feeling it, and then you don't buy it. You're just given your power away hugely.
Speaker 1: So anyway, it's so interesting that this question came up because I've been really thinking about my personal power and when I do give it a way and how I can harness it more because I truly believe harnessing, and because it's also like I truly believe that's not something you're born with. No, well, actually you probably are born with it, but after conditioning, you're very much taught not to believe in your personal power. So it's something like literally just in my spare time I've been thinking about or my spare time, in.
Speaker 2: All my spare time that five minutes a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, such money of like where do you in a range sense, like where are you sitting with your personal power? And how quick are you to give it away? Or are you currently Because I'm on a journey of strengthening my personal power and I even like me who, I feel like I've done so much work on personal power and like, oh, there's certain avenues where I could really strengthen it. And that's what I've been thinking about lately. So anyway, that was a bit rogue, But we love a roget we love a roguep But getting back to the question, yes, so like I would be interested to know because she is talking about taking her power back. Is it a sense of he gives you attention and then your whole day gets better? Like is that where the personal power is lacking? Or what do you kind of.
Speaker 3: Get from what she's saying. Is when she says, I feel like I give my power away by engaging with him, is almost she's investing her energy and time and she knows it's not going anywhere because she said he's absolutely not available. So it's like she likes him, she has a crush on him. He's flirty, so she's flirting back, but it's not going anywhere. So you're kind of like you are giving your power away because he's sort of getting the benefits of like relationship conversation without any of the commitment.
Speaker 2: M you know what I mean. Yeah, he's not earned her attention. He hasn't earned it. He hasn't earned it.
Speaker 1: Very interesting.
Speaker 2: That's sort of where my mind goes because.
Speaker 1: It is interesting because she also says like he is a pretty good friend.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know if I'm Vie.
Speaker 1: Let's actually talk about the flirting part.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's funny.
Speaker 1: Me and Jamie I have spoken about this, and I have joked that me and Jamie are like labradors and we're just like really really just like really nice humans. Yeah, and sometimes.
Speaker 2: People think you're flirting. Yes, sometimes people.
Speaker 1: Can perceive me as flirty, but I'm like, I'm just like, for example, if you got into a conversation with me a tear, I'm going to give you my time and energy. And also because I'm such a great conversationist.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm not flow with you.
Speaker 1: No, Like I just don't ever feel like I'm flirting with you. All right, great, No, It's just it's funny because me and Jamie have talked about it because she goes, Yeah, people say I'm flirty too, but I'm just really nice.
Speaker 2: People used to tell me I was flirty.
Speaker 1: Really, my god, it's just like a common theme. I think, Yeah, I did a conversation thing. I love.
Speaker 2: I love conversations.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Like, but when you're like having a conversation with someone, you're giving them your attention, You're smiling. You're happy you made them laugh. We're all pretty funny, Like it's the funny thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm a fucking joke stuff Like I'm hilarious and we all think we're funny. My god, this is such a thing.
Speaker 3: So it's like banter, and then people will just get I think because people aren't used to having deep conversations or being so comfortable with people. They're not avidly trying to impress.
Speaker 2: They think you're flirting.
Speaker 1: See that is the thing with me, is like I can go zero to one hundred deep level straight away. Yeah, because that's just what I'm interested in. Yeah, service of a questions here, Yeah, because it's like, is he just like us?
Speaker 2: Is he maybe not flirting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so many things to this.
Speaker 2: There's so many layers.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think, if you know this is not going anywhere, this is me being straight right now. If you know this is not going anywhere, but you know, you're almost like it's almost like giving me the vibes of you're almost tricking yourself, like it could because you're engaging and you feel good. You're getting a dopamine here. You're like, oh, this makes me feel good. But then you hate yourself at the same time because you're like, yeah, I'm just really getting in a trap here. I think you need to put down a boundary, absolutely, And I think you need to limit the time or just ease off and see how it works out. Because it also like he could just be a really great friend, and I think let's normalize females and males having deep relationships that aren't sexual.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I also like think it's really important to plan to that. But also, if you know you're kind of fooling, then that's your responsibility, it's not his responsibility. I agree, don't you think taking I think taking responsibility here and be.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, he's.
Speaker 1: Flirting, I'm fooling. This is not a good scenario because he's off the market. I'm wasting my time, and I need to put this boundary in for my like myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: I think when it comes to unrequitted feelings, if no matter how good a friend he is, if you're starting to have a crush on him, you need to pull right back because he's obviously in a relationship. Otherwise I don't think she'd be saying he's absolutely not available. So that's not fair to him if you're if he's in the impression we're assuming the best of him right now, Yeah, if we're being really nice, and.
Speaker 1: I think but I think that's warranted.
Speaker 3: I think he should if he just thinks he's got a great female friend and and all of a sudden, you're like falling for him, you like him. He has no idea, he's just continuing to have his best galfriend.
Speaker 2: That's you.
Speaker 3: It's kind of really deceiving him. It's not fair to the girlfriend as well that he has.
Speaker 1: Or even if he has a partner, or he could just like literally have said to her, I'm.
Speaker 3: Not not available. Whatever the situation is. It's not fair to him and his potential partner. It's not fair to you either, because you're just being a bit in your head and creating things that aren't there, and you're just going to get hurt.
Speaker 2: You're just getting he's a passionate about I Am.
Speaker 1: He's like, don't do it, do it, don't do it to yourself. Well, yeah, I think it's it's boundaries here and also catching yourself before there's and being on messiness. Yeah, and there's that responsibility and this is a great way to end the episode. A tr of I really want you guys to think about is like, where are you giving your personal powaway? Where are you getting swayed? Where you're getting like lead and really really embodying of if you do want to be someone who has a lot of personal power, of like what that could actually look like for you, and even to the thing of like, for example, are you someone that if it's raining, you're fucking sad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's every time you're giving.
Speaker 1: Your personal power away weather. But do you know what mean? Yeah, we're not fucking normalizing this. I love that in this moment, I'm saying to get a better problem. Thank you for calling me out. I love you, I love you, I love you, but get a better problem. It's like in these moments, for instance, like where are you literally giving your personal powaway? For like things that logic, stupid shit strabo And it's like, this is actually a conversation I'd love to have. Let's put this in the Facebook group a TIA because I would love everyone to talk about where they give away their personal power and also how they're strengthening their personal power.
Speaker 2: And it might not only be like through a crush.
Speaker 3: It could be through a friendship where maybe you tend to get swayed or persuaded into things that you might not normally want to do, or you might not be super aligned with that person anymore, but you give your power away by investing into that relationship even though you're not getting anything.
Speaker 2: Out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think that's also something to remember, is like, are the relationships in your life serving you or are you too scared to leave a gap and have no one there potentially for a little bit before the right person does come in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because if we're talking manifesting lens, because this person has said I've been single for a while, it's like, well, is this you know guy who's not available? Is he literally filling the space where it's like the new guy would come in, girl is ready to come in. Yeah, and you're wasting your time, You're wasted in the univers's time.
Speaker 2: You're learning a lesson either or yeah. Yeah, And on that note, thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Concer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot Podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great. Z