Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Our family lives under a reign of terror. Big Larry, the big cat we have right.
Speaker 3: His big cat, big cases.
Speaker 4: He looks like he's eating, oh the other cats. He's like a cow. Morning was actually sort of scraping the floor.
Speaker 2: Now I get emails that someone sent me angry email phone to me an enabler, like I had some sort of issue and I was something gone wrong in my head where I got my kicks from overfeeding.
Speaker 3: You, baking cakes and feeding with creed.
Speaker 4: Larry, never leave me, fat Larry. It's every another pie we've taken Clavett. They say, he's just that's just how he is. That's his breed. He's he's Persian.
Speaker 2: He is a big head, long haired cat, beautiful boy. But this thing likes to eat. If you're that kind of bob, you've got to keep you got to keep it coming in. He's not the rock, just not as jacked. So he's constantly I know, you know a lot of cats they're scravengers. But this is how bad it is. And I suddenly went on a Sunday morning, this is insane. This has gone too far, right, this cat rattles our bedroom door at six am, right on a Saturday morning, because I obviously feeding when I get up for work, but come.
Speaker 4: A Saturn and a Sunday.
Speaker 2: Old Tubby still wants his early morning breakfast at four point thirty. And obviously I was the stat presumably to have it a lion, so at least half six or half seven fat there. He's like he literally that big old bulk against his shoulder, barge and the door.
Speaker 3: He needs to wake up early to eat.
Speaker 4: He's like, he's like rattling the door.
Speaker 2: We've got the we've got the spray now right that you white water the plants with it.
Speaker 4: We opened the door and it's quite as nice. But now he knows about that's what he does. He does the.
Speaker 2: Old rouser door. Then I figure over with the square. He's down the hallway looking at me, Hey, get out of the bed, just walk down here.
Speaker 4: Open up that mankey old food for Larry.
Speaker 2: Right, So we've recently started to barricading ourselves in put it you see on Instagram.
Speaker 4: It literally is a barricade.
Speaker 2: There's there's a couple of carp on boxes and then Pilate's ball.
Speaker 4: For some reason, my wife thinks cats fear pilate moreto and working out.
Speaker 3: His big bulk will just bounce off the.
Speaker 2: Ball, he'll eats it, and that boll starts rumbling towards him like Indiana Jones. So we've got with literally my wife. I then have to like Australian Ninja over the drop and roll, drop and roll into bed. And it's still not working. The cat's found some way to get a fat oul pull around it and start the old rapping.
Speaker 4: So this morning I want to know, and also he will win eventually.
Speaker 2: I just have to get up because the other week and that I hadn't been feeding at the weekend. He just in the morning, he just could dump in the bath. Oh no, it's disgusting, right, he's got a leap in there.
Speaker 3: Nice of him to get in the bath.
Speaker 2: It's a statement, right, it's a statement. Okay, he knows what he's doing.
Speaker 4: He knows us.
Speaker 5: It's the equivalent of the horsehead in the bed.
Speaker 4: We get it, Larry, no more fun sized mars.
Speaker 2: Bas just has to stop fat Larry. It's turn Cornelius and Planet the Apes is basically my new fat cat overlord. Larry this morning, who has a high maintenance pet. He needs we need an intervention. I need a cat expert, something kind of cat whisperer that's gonna have a word. Would now need to eat up on the old galleries. Do you have a high maintenance pet?
Speaker 5: Something like what you're building the fort that you're buildings the cat barricade? Young and I went through an open house inspection and we saw a four poster bed in the master bed room that had a dog ramp carpeted dog ramp up onto the bed with guardrails.
Speaker 4: Not for one of the people. Is it some sort of game?
Speaker 3: I think it was the couple's bed.
Speaker 4: Who knows what goes on in the bedroom.
Speaker 3: I assume it's for a dog. I don't know for sure.
Speaker 2: You can look at things manyf this. Oh, I'm sure it wasn't. I've taken a show somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Let's get it back. Let's say, yeah, it's for the.
Speaker 3: Dog, for the dogs.
Speaker 4: Of course it's with the dog. Okay. Do you have a high maintenance pet? Christian Connell's show podcast you got this care called Larry.
Speaker 2: My wife and I have the barricade are souse into our bedroom to try and prevent some kind of barrier between Larry and the dawn, rattling it six am, demanding that we get up.
Speaker 4: And feed him. So anyone else in a siege with their pets.
Speaker 2: Christian, we got three cats who start being I've taken a swear word out here. Let's just say idiots for him. But I agree with the word you use. That just think it's good to sell the radio right the middle school room. This is a three man team. Mickey, that's one of the cats. Can open doors that are barricaded. Caspar rattles the blinds. Sukie walks up and down the hallway crying. This is a three person rain of terror, isn't it.
Speaker 5: At It's like some sort of Disney film where each of them have a different skill set and.
Speaker 4: They're timing it.
Speaker 2: Okay, start with the blinds, if you got me, Come on, Sookie, stop get the walk now.
Speaker 3: I feel like the Great Escape music should play.
Speaker 2: Christian, we have ghetto. This is from Adrian. We have a fan outside our bedroom door set to full blast. Plugged him viro an extension cord that runs into a bedroom. As soon as our cat starts ring the door, we turn on the fan.
Speaker 4: He lects it again. All of this sets up.
Speaker 2: We have a gas log fireplace that to buy a screen to put an avront of it, not to get the kids away, stop the cat licking the fake charcoal and throwing up black vomit on my wife's pride of joy, Herbie carpet. Women's installed CCTV cameras are in the house so he can chat to his dogs and cats at work. He's got intercom.
Speaker 5: I used to work with a guy like that kid. He could he had webcams. He was the it guy at the last radio station I worked out. Have webscam set up and he could talk to the dog on the intercom.
Speaker 4: Oh way, come on, all right, let's take some cours. Jenny, Jenny, have you got a high maintenance pet?
Speaker 6: I've got a chat that really demand him that he'll get me from whatever I'm doing, whether it's I'm sleeping or wherever I am but hanging out the clothes to come and watch him eat and how.
Speaker 4: He gets his kicked.
Speaker 5: You watch, so if he starts eating and you walk away, what will happen?
Speaker 6: You'll stop me and followed me till where I've gone and just shared this staring at me, intil her control of weeks back to the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you had a mate to do that, they would not be your friend anymore.
Speaker 4: That is hot. That's unbelievable, Jenny, thank you very much. She cool, take care, No, thank you. The cat is driving that car right now. She's in a great speed as well.
Speaker 2: Take her to the nearest macers. If we get some more foot you say, you sit in that bag seat.
Speaker 4: You watch me shovel these nuggets. All right, we've got Scottie Scott come oning, bdding.
Speaker 7: So we've got a we've got a delicate kavoodle who in the middle of the night when she needs to go and have a drink, we'll sit at the bottom of sort of four internal stairs and bark and still I go and turn the light on for her. She guys, has their drink, walk back to her bed, straight back to bed, turn the light off.
Speaker 4: That is unbelievable, isn't it.
Speaker 1: That's it's outrageous.
Speaker 4: It is outrageous.
Speaker 2: And now that you've kind of tolerted that behavior, that's it.
Speaker 4: That's sealed in, isn't it. Oh?
Speaker 7: Absolutely yes, yeah, definitely Yeah. Taps on the back door to let herself out at all hours. Yeah, very well, trained.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's awesome. You're working, you're working for her. That's great. Scott, have a good week. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 1: Jeez you Stevie, Hey Gang, Hey gang, there he is Stephen.
Speaker 4: Steve's Carl Alarms.
Speaker 2: Thanks for your generosity with the money you donated for backpacks.
Speaker 1: All about the kids. So listen. My wife has got a King Charles. She's got two King Charles spaniels, and which I bought for about five years ago and quite frankly got a million points for that, but did go down two rungs on the important ladder in our hashole. And these two dogs they've got anxiety issues. So she bought them an anxiety and anti anxiety bed and not one, she's brought them four anti anxiety.
Speaker 4: Bid King Charles.
Speaker 1: My lord, they're just they're just insane dogs. They love each other and we loved them blah blah blah, but what they.
Speaker 2: Do is anxiety. You've got a guy like Stevens going blah blah.
Speaker 4: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: You should see how these got dogs get looked after. They go to the dog grooming every two weeks and they love all that. If we happen to go away on a trip. They go to the Pets Hotel Resort. Now, at the Pets Hotel Resort, you've got to understand the isn't for dogs. These not for people. They get a two bedroom p executive suite, which and they have a two inch so they can watch reruns. They're watching Hasty rerun Bloody Love.
Speaker 4: I really love succession into them, get into it. It's so good.
Speaker 1: They run around in Central Park and they have Yappy Hour and it's it's not over there holidays.
Speaker 2: Those dogs that that sounds like a great break for them.
Speaker 1: And you know what, it's cheaper than going to the Grand Height.
Speaker 4: Let me tell that, Steve, thank you very much and cool. The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast