Speaker 1: I don't know if you know your car does this, but I went outside after you arrived, maybe five minutes after you arrived, and the fucking car just beats on its own mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I might have accidentally pressed the lock key when you're down there. It's actually a funny story on that. When I was at school is once and I parked like at the bottom of this resort and we were like up on like the fourtieth level, and my card used to beep if you try to lock it to me. Times I'd get people walking past and they heavy, like walking past crys.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to two Dotty Dards by Mattie Jay and I'm Ash. This is a podcast all about parenting.
Speaker 2: It is the good, it is the bad and the relatable.
Speaker 1: And if you've come winning any advice whatsoever not from us, I'm sorry to say.
Speaker 2: We are sorry, don't you advice never had, we never will, We don't try to if it's accidental. Anyway. We are drinking, of course, stone and wood specific exactly right the world. And do you know when a good time to drink stone wood is other than right now? Is on a Sunday afternoon when your footy team is flogging another team.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that feels like it because I support the Broncos.
Speaker 2: So I just want to say a big shout out to the family Seagules for that dominant win. I was sitting back drinking a couple of Stone and Woods that I may have snuck into the stadium.
Speaker 1: Did you did you really.
Speaker 2: Manly listening? I'm sorry, but yes, stone and Wood. We are drinking the Pacific Al. That's what I was drinking on that fine Sunday afternoon.
Speaker 1: And can I just say, if you're not a huge beer drinker, this.
Speaker 2: This is the stuff.
Speaker 1: Is the drop for you?
Speaker 2: Cheers my friend.
Speaker 1: It is refreshing, it is bloody delicious.
Speaker 2: It's got those galaxy hot which we love. That is delicious. So thank you Stonewood as always for making these episodes come to life, and for keeping us hydrated, yes at all time, because like my grandfather, my late grandfather would say, there's water in beer. He's now dead of old age, not of dehydration. R p r op Michell, before we do get into it, Matthew, it is the most wonderful week of the year. Now, I know you're probably confused, confused, what's the deal? You're very You look confused. I don't know if you know what I'm referring to. It's better than Christmas, they say.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, let me get better than Easter.
Speaker 2: Best week of best week for a parent with young kids who go to daycare, no younger of kids that go to daycare. This week, for a week, it is honestly the best week of macy. This morning out of bed into kindy, inner pajamas saved me like twenty minutes of chasing around the house trying to get addressed.
Speaker 1: My daycare hasn't done pajama week. Or maybe they have and I haven't noticed. No, I don't think they didn't do it. What is pajama Week? Where does it come from? Why did we do it? Answer me? This, do you guys do it for the entire week? Explain to me? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think they. I think personally, I think that that has been created by the.
Speaker 1: System just to give the parents a week of just to give it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what, it's the best week ever all week. Oscar's on school holidays, but he goes to kindy for Thursday Friday. This week, everyone in pajamas.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think we spoke about this last year, So forgive me if I'm repeating myself, but doesn't it like I've only got two sets of pajamas for the girls.
Speaker 2: And we had these exact same thing as.
Speaker 1: Still she isn't happy, but she loves a bottle of water through the nights. Yeah, quite oftens herself. Yeah, bless her cotton socks. So how do you guys go keeping the clean pajamas because they must come back.
Speaker 2: And they come back, they go straight in the wash, back, straight in the wash, new pair on. Well, thankfully, Mason goes a couple days a week, so it's not a big deal. She can get through the couple of things of pajamas. I also don't mind going and seeing all the teachers in their pajamas.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask the teachers are into it all the.
Speaker 2: Teachers, Yeah, yeah, yeah, they do a fantastic bang up job. Everyone is in usually, I mean, at this time of the year, it's definitely winter pajamas. Everyone's in their flannel etts. Everyone looks very cozy. Macey fucking loves it. She loves it, she loves it. This morning, I was like, I'm going to eight thirty and Oscar's like, where are you going? I'm going I'm going to Maddie Jay's house. Maddie j And I go have you got a crush on Maddie Jay? And she goes no?
Speaker 1: How is asking go? When Macy gets to go to pajamas and he doesn't see where pajamas a home? How do you enforce that? Do you allow him to say pajamas for the whole day.
Speaker 2: If he's sick and he wants to have a pajama day? For example, today he was going to hang out with Popper and going on a playdate, so it was like, gotta get your fast shoes on. I can't go that fast in pajamas. But if he said to me, Hey, I just want to go my pajamas all day, We're going out? Like whatever, bro, you do you.
Speaker 1: When you get your kids dressed in the morning. Do you choose the items and just throw it on them or do you let them choose their outfit?
Speaker 2: It's a combination of both. But today they had no choice because it's pajama day.
Speaker 1: Do you fucking lolla? Sorry? I shouldn't swear.
Speaker 2: You can't swear as much as.
Speaker 1: And Marley, dude, it doesn't matter what I pick.
Speaker 2: They hate it.
Speaker 1: They're like, that is disgusting. I don't want to wear that.
Speaker 2: It's like, man, that seems like a you problem, my friend. You need to work on your style choices.
Speaker 1: I did. I bought. I bought a pair of pants which I thought I thought was very very cool, very cool. Can I can I show you quickly?
Speaker 2: Are you wearing them? Cool for you? Or cool for them? Wait? Whose pants? Are they? Yours or theirs?
Speaker 1: I happen to be shopping all right, a standard and I walked past the store and it's obviously winter right now. The girls have a lot of summery dresses, not many pants. And I saw something on sale and I thought, that is bloody cool.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I thought, I'm scared.
Speaker 1: I'll buy them, and I'll buy two pairs. They're nothing outrageous, a beautiful color, vibrant, both of them. Marley and Laula looked at it and said, Nah, that sucks. We're not wearing it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna hand them down to meet give them to Macie mc hammer. Pants. They're cool? Do you get us some mate? Right? If Marley and Laula are listening, I say, were not daycare. They're epic I feel your pain.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't even try them on.
Speaker 2: Pink parachute pants, and I, honestly, I thought you did a really good job there.
Speaker 1: I thought so too. I may be old and thirty seven, but I still have my fingers. I know I'm getting fucking that many grays coming through right now.
Speaker 2: I was looking at them before. They look good, look distinguished.
Speaker 1: There's nothing that cuts me deeper then the fact that they wouldn't even try them on, wouldn't even entertain the thought of putting them on for a split second.
Speaker 2: That's very heartbreaking. When you think I'm going to do this really cool thing, They're gonna love it, we're gonna bond over this, and then you don't. Oscar and I were getting shoes, these red shoes, okay, fast shoes, fast shoot. And I was like, oh, I'm going to get these red ones. You can get the kids ones at match. She was like, no, I want these ones instead, and I was like, do you don't want to match? He's like, nut shit, kids are brutal. Also, what Oscar did yesterday said to his grandmother, why do you look so old? Fucking fearless?
Speaker 1: She was looking tired the other day, joking.
Speaker 2: Meredith heard that. They came out of MAT's mouth, not mine.
Speaker 1: Hey, how's it going with the house hunting?
Speaker 2: Terribly, absolutely terrible.
Speaker 1: How many of you seen places?
Speaker 2: Three? April's seeing one today.
Speaker 1: And all of those three? What's wrong with them?
Speaker 2: One had no parking, no garage. Okay, let me, you're offering up a three bedroom. It was like a granny flatty thing, quite big, good space and not going to offer a car spot. Like, who do you think is moving in there? Someone with a car, dickhead and kids.
Speaker 1: Because they're holding onto the garage spot or what.
Speaker 2: There's a whole front area and they're like not willing to give up any of the front area. And it was on the main road. Fucked anyway. One of them too small shit. One we really liked, but then they rang us and said we want more money, and I was like that's illegal. Fuck you. And now they've re advertised it for more money. Would would I burn it down?
Speaker 1: Yes, you give me the address and I'll do it. Would you offer like another like cheeky fifty you have to do that? I think the days.
Speaker 2: I would if it was already over our budget and it was like, look, I don't know what we're going to do this round. I'm moving back to my father in law. I think I don't know. I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 1: Actually I say what in a shocked tone. But your mum lives here as someone who lives with their mother.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's going, let's just put it that way. It's ticking along. I did want to share something with you, please. I don't know if you've seen it. It's not a new trend. It's a it's certain like an oldish sort of trend that you do with your kids. I don't know if you've seen it. You probably have seen. It's where you take your child into the bathroom and you say, now you can say whatever you want in here. Oh yeah, yeah, I'm going to close it. I'm going to leave. I'm not condoning naughty words, but it's also a good place to be, like, you can't say these words outside of the bathroom. I think it's still a teaching April has decided to do that with young Oscar. You know. Oscar's like he's quite a sweet boy, is he? No, he is. He's like he's Mummy's boy. He's not like Macy, who's a terror. And I think you've got it all wrong, dude. I walked in the other day to the laundry and Macy's just looking at me, going fuck, fuck fuck, And Oscar's like she's saying the air for word and I'm like, you're signed their word or like duck, and she's like.
Speaker 1: Fuck, he doesn't know what she's doing. She's like she barely knows where she is and what date is. I feel like, I know not to talk ill of your children. I feel like Oscar is the cheeky one. Macy's an absolute sweetheart.
Speaker 2: You're wrong. I know them, do you know? No? I don't even know if they're mine. Actually, we had the IV lady over saying Oscar was there and she was like, that's you. I was like, yeah, pretty much, that's pretty much me. I want to show you April has taken Oscar make you so really bad, taking him to the bathroom and explained to him he's allowed to see whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Go to town.
Speaker 2: Okay, so give you the video.
Speaker 3: You can say any naughty words, any bad words for one minute while I drop outside.
Speaker 4: Whatever you like.
Speaker 3: I'll close the door and you say it. Okay, all right, you go ahead do whatever you like. For one minute.
Speaker 4: Son, up fucking fucking stupid, fucking ship.
Speaker 2: Done. Very good, isn't that? Watch at He's very good.
Speaker 3: You can say any naughty words, any bad words, for one minute while I drop outside.
Speaker 4: Whatever you like. Okay, well I'm not here, all right.
Speaker 3: You go ahead do whatever you like for one minute.
Speaker 4: Son, up fucking fucking stupid fucking.
Speaker 1: Ship done finished, How good?
Speaker 2: So I'm going to ask you to do that with Mary, Mary and see what the results are. I didn't know they were doing this. I've got home and she's like, look at this and he loves rewatching it and hey, yeah, yeah. I was with my mate Adsy and we were walking to the football and I was telling Addie about that. He was like, what words did you say?
Speaker 1: And he was like, I'm not saying it.
Speaker 2: I'm not that And they looked at me and I was like, gave him the nod of approval and he was like, fucking ship.
Speaker 1: Actually like credits to OSCO the fact that he knows those words, but he's withholding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knows not to say it, he knows not to say it outside. I really want to do it, So do it tonight and then maybe next week when we catch up.
Speaker 1: We'll just update you give me the part of me things, my sweet precious little man. Surely she's so innocent that she'll say, like spicy bananas or something like that. That's as bad as she knows.
Speaker 2: She'd be like, fuck you, what do you know? What are you look at? And I got in there, Tom, just a staunch in the mirror, cigarette mouth. What are you looking at?
Speaker 1: Come out here and say that? Very good?
Speaker 2: Very good? Now, well, you did tease in last week's episode that we went on a business trip to the shops to.
Speaker 1: Buy new surfboards.
Speaker 2: We did. I forgot the repair kit. Sorry, that's right.
Speaker 1: For those of you who are wondering, ash happens to be an extremely good surfer.
Speaker 2: Extremely is a very long stretch.
Speaker 1: Don't see yourself short. You know, he doesn't look like an athlete that I can move like one. Very good? When did you start? It's ten, and your dad's a very good surfer.
Speaker 2: Dad's an award winning surfer.
Speaker 1: He's obviously passed down everything that he knows. Yeah to young Ashton, and it's to watch you in the water. I liken it to watching like a like a Russian professional ballet dancer.
Speaker 2: Wow on the main stage Russian.
Speaker 1: The Russians are very good at dancing, aren't.
Speaker 2: They usually doping?
Speaker 1: It was just it was beautiful.
Speaker 2: I glide.
Speaker 1: It's like it's weird. It's like times slows down. Really, time does slow down and you kind of get lost in the moment and all of a sudden you're like, has it been thirty seconds or has it been a day? I look at my watch and I'm like, fuck, it's a Sunday. Now. I started watching ash Surf on a Saturday.
Speaker 2: I couldn't describe it any better.
Speaker 1: If I was like, where have you been? And I've just been watching ash Surf?
Speaker 2: And when you showed her, what did she say? And then she just like, obviously she's now pregnant. You are welcome.
Speaker 1: So you said to me, let's both go for a session together. Do it. And for those people who don't know me that well, I grew up in Brisbane, so I only started kind.
Speaker 2: Of surfing South Bank.
Speaker 1: I'm nice to been like. I bodyboarded from the age of fifteen.
Speaker 2: Do you know it got any nicknames for body boarders?
Speaker 1: Escalad?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What else?
Speaker 1: You got?
Speaker 2: Shark biscuits a good one, fucking losers, joking and people. Shark biscuits a good one sharks. One of my favorites is coined by my father called the Lipton jiggler, the lip so you know, with a tea bag because they've got the cord. Yeah, it looks like a tea bagh. And another personal favorite is the dick dragger because you dicked not on them. Yeah. So anyway, so, cousinue I interrupted you.
Speaker 1: You invited me out to a session. I was a little bit nervous. I have honestly not really served that much since Marley was born.
Speaker 2: To be fair, I silver tongued you a little bit on how easy it was going to be because I really wanted to go, and I was like, how do I get this session on the business? Oh, I'll just tell mat it's easy. We booked in advanced. Yeah, you should have known.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things where it doesn't look like it's that hard until you're out there. And it was a bitterly cold Monday night.
Speaker 2: How do you think you went?
Speaker 1: Really well? I was really happy with this session. Started off strong, a little bit nervous, but just hit the ground running.
Speaker 2: Should we go to some footage then, because we've got the footage from the wavepart.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can only imagine what it must have been like for the spectators watching.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let's have a quick look of what they've provided of Matthew Jay's first surf in three years. Fuck outstanding. The dismount is great. I would say you struggled a bit to start off with.
Speaker 1: I was so close to packing it up and.
Speaker 2: Going so many times I looked in and you were.
Speaker 1: Like head down.
Speaker 2: Also, but also I took it so personally like I thought you were angry with me. I was like, oop, You're like no. I kept trying to pep talk you in.
Speaker 1: You were very good. You're very good, very encouraging. One of the issues was one of my first or second waves. You have to take off quite close to this is the Olympic Park by the way. I for anyone doesn't know, it's called urban serf, so it's like a man made wave and you have to take off next to a concrete wall. My board, brand new, first time riding. It flung out like a boomerang into the concrete wall, smashed in the nose, and that was very upsetting.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a good start.
Speaker 1: Was it was a hard start and.
Speaker 2: You'll see the visuals because you'll put it on socials. But there was a lot of missed takeoffs. I'll put it bluntly where it was like you took off and the board was gone.
Speaker 1: But I persevered.
Speaker 2: You did persevere. But do you know what the most encouraging thing about it was you persevere. And then we regrouped and I said, how about this. The last wave of the set is actually half the size. Let's get let's let's get confident that it's twice the size. So let's get confidence up on that one. And straight away you're sweet. So it just goes to show perseverance. It was good. I had fun. I had a lot of fun. I've booked in for the expert session because you dominated the events. Honestly, we did show just all of the bad highlights then, but you know, you did get up at a couple and you were getting some speed along there. We were serving with someone who I would say is a professional as well, who just absolutely tore the shit out of the pool, and we were considering being our first ever two doting dads sponsored surfer. So if I see him out there again, I will provide him a.
Speaker 1: Contract he should do petty couples.
Speaker 2: We should before we do petty couples? Is this our last petty couples?
Speaker 1: Do you think Let's yeah, I think we've done petty couples. This has probably been the longest running segment that we've had for a while. So let's maybe I'm thinking we swop back to life.
Speaker 2: Tell me last, Tell me sweetly.
Speaker 1: I also thought to me, I thought we could. I don't have to do this because it makes more work for us. There's a song, it's beautiful song which I thought we could change. You know, it goes live.
Speaker 2: Oh live lies, Oh lies, oh lies, Oh lads do do do dolas? Oh yeah, I like it all right, petty couples for the last time this year. Let's call it petty couple. Welcome down the street, petty couple.
Speaker 1: They can I like merty couple. I love you, but imit you.
Speaker 2: No one can push me quite like you.
Speaker 1: These are all anonymous.
Speaker 2: These are all anonymous. I'll go first, if you don't mind, please. So my partner wouldn't let me watch the show on the big TV because the football is on. Little did he know that I can control the TV from my phone. So every now and then when he was watching football. I would change it to ABC News right when the pressure was building up in the game. So like, if they're in the attacking zone ten meters out, very good and they've gone bo, change the channel with that spread. You also just got on that. Did you see that video on TikTok of that person going around people's houses turning the TV OFFMT have a remote genius.
Speaker 1: You have seen that video in the suburbs. Good range on that remote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'd be at the front and you've see the TV and you'd see they go.
Speaker 1: This one is anonymous. This husband says, whenever I have a big argument with my wife, I'll go downstairs and have a moment to think for myself, and at the same time, I'll tighten the lid as hard as I can on every single in the fridge and in the pantry, knowing full well that she require my help.
Speaker 2: Oh that's Great's I've done a similar thing, but I did it with the outside tap, just like I knew that she just needed to use the tap. And I was like a little bit shitty with her, and I was like tightened it right up, and it was like, can you help me with the tap?
Speaker 1: What look I came crawling back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I got one more here. This one's just childish. Okay, they all childish they are. This one time my boyfriend was really pissing me off, so I filled his bedside draw with mayonnaise. That's it. That's great, eggy whole egg mayonnaise. It was CuPy. I'd be like, beautiful, why do you keep bringing sushi to bed? Bit of soy sauce.
Speaker 1: This is a short and sharp one. The wife here says that whenever she's feeling really pissed off at her husband, she signs them up with Scientology. The amount of phone calls that he gets.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's brilliant. Do you know what's a really good one too, If you were to, like, if you really pissed off with your significant other, put an add on Facebook, marketplace or something like that. Yeah, but like something really cheap. Everyone did that for ages. It was like a thing to do, like to your mates, where you'd put a room to rant on gum tree but ridiculously cheap and then put like a nice looking room on there, and then they'd be like, what the fuck, that's fucking brill Anyway, that's petty couples for the time being, will stockpile a heat more and bring it back At some point, I would say, but if you have any lies, If you have any lies, you tell not your partner, because that's a bit off.
Speaker 1: Just little white lies to help make parenting easier, we would love to hear that.
Speaker 2: Give us an example, Matt.
Speaker 1: The one that I still use all the time is is the food spicy? That weekend we were away in Jamberoo. We had that little like travel pack of Cereal Love you get the Coca pops and had the Fruity Loops and I really wanted the fruity loops, but Lola also wanted the fruity loops, so I had to tell her. I was like, look, I'm really sorry. You can eat them if you want very spicy. Oh not like it. It will burn the inside of your mouth.
Speaker 2: The chili flakes in this one. Really, that's a great one.
Speaker 1: She then watched me eat the fruit loops and she was like, is it spicy?
Speaker 2: Dad?
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, spicy. Good. You would hate these those type of life, Yes, we love that. Send them in. We'll put something on stories as well, and we will do that from next week, maybe not the new theme song unless we can get it dialed by hand. Probably not to be honest, plenty of practice we need.
Speaker 1: But it's time for the one and only Ellie Johnson aka the Nana.
Speaker 2: That's a there's a different akas We've got Ellie aka Matt's mom aka Matt's roommate aka Lola Maali's nana aka my best friend. Good morning, Ellie, and thank you for joining us. This is a little segment we like to call ask Ellie, no theme song yet.
Speaker 1: Before we ask the questions earlie. A lot of people do just want to know two things. A how are you finding retirement? And B how are you adjusting to life in Sydney living with your favorite son.
Speaker 5: Former favorite son former after this, Well, retirement's been great.
Speaker 1: Actually, because you've been traveling like everything.
Speaker 5: I was just going to say, I've spent a lot of time traveling.
Speaker 2: No need to brag.
Speaker 4: I've waited fifty years.
Speaker 5: So yeah, eight weeks in Europe and then ten days in Bali, so it's been really tough.
Speaker 2: I was joking that you went on the Kentucky tour and then you came back and went straight off to school. Is in Bali? Look at you go those young men don't stand a chance. Young teenage boys.
Speaker 1: Don't do you miss working?
Speaker 4: I do miss the people, and I do miss the kids. No, no, no.
Speaker 5: I had a lovely year ten class and I missed them. But it was time. There were lots of changes at school. It was time to say goodbye. But I do miss them because they were beautiful. They're beautiful teachers, a joy to work with. We had a laugh every day.
Speaker 2: This isn't a job interview, you know.
Speaker 1: Actually Mom got offered, did you we're at She went and got a coffee down down the road.
Speaker 4: I went went down to get a coffee down and.
Speaker 1: Chook can't tell me she's being hit on or being offered.
Speaker 2: No, no, I take your pants off a look. That's a job interview, now, I see it.
Speaker 1: I just came up to you.
Speaker 5: Now he yeah, he knew Buster. He went up to Buster and introduced himself and he was the deputy of the school up the road, so he asked what I.
Speaker 2: Did North Bond twelve.
Speaker 4: You know, there's a.
Speaker 5: Huge being serious now, a huge shortage of teachers everywhere, especially for what we call supply days. So you go in just for one day.
Speaker 1: Which is a fucking pretty cushy job.
Speaker 4: It is a cushy job. It can be.
Speaker 5: It's what you make it. If you know the content of the curriculum, you can teach it. But I've been in a classroom with senior physics. I can't teach that, so you just have.
Speaker 1: To movie day.
Speaker 2: I considered, once this career is done and dusted, because I'm a man of many careers. You were going to be a teacher, I'm going to, I think, considering still be a primary school teacher. Still considering it.
Speaker 1: You would be right, Yeah, but I could see No, I just I just can't. I can't imagine you.
Speaker 4: I can, I can, I really can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see you being a pe teacher.
Speaker 2: No, I would. I would like to do primary school kids, not high school kids.
Speaker 4: Well not high school.
Speaker 2: No, No, disrespectful little ship. When we went on that school tour with Oscar Man, I was just like I would fucking love that job, Like I just really something struck me, Like I was like I could once I'm canceled from this, if they'll have me, I'm not going to study for it. It's going to be one of those teachers like he just lives here. I have considered it I have.
Speaker 1: I can take it that strolled into a classroom, picked up a whiteboard market and he's never left.
Speaker 4: It is it's a very special job. And the primary kids.
Speaker 2: I loved the vibe of the.
Speaker 1: Off the record you told me you hate it them, but be.
Speaker 2: This is this is really awkward.
Speaker 1: How are you finding life here? Had a few tips Mama and I.
Speaker 2: You just had one a moment ago over the bag.
Speaker 4: That's us with our bounter.
Speaker 2: Well you know, okay, you know when you were a kid and you went to a friend's house and their parents argued over that you were there, That's what it felt like.
Speaker 1: It was ash and I had a very important business and I said to mom, I said, hang on, I said, please just be quiet because we've got the phone call in the background, and the kitchen table is riding to the kitchen itself, and then Ellie starts fucking frying and.
Speaker 2: It just goes.
Speaker 4: I didn't expect.
Speaker 2: It was like we were at a Tepan yaki restaurant and you were throwing food at people's mouths. I don't know what was happening there.
Speaker 1: What was like? And I said, can you please be ju knives?
Speaker 2: And yeh, I was concerned.
Speaker 1: But how are you finding it?
Speaker 4: Aside from yeah, look, it's great.
Speaker 5: I do appreciate how lucky I am.
Speaker 2: No, it's true, though collectively all the listeners are.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 5: But you know, Matt and I, yeah, we have banter and we have our sort of tips, but we do get on. We do have a similar sense of humor, so we can take a bit of criticism with a with a joke.
Speaker 2: He's a bit of a mummy's boy, isn't he.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I told you that.
Speaker 5: But but the other thing, which I did not expect before Matt got married or got had a partner. And again it's a bit but law is just the most beautiful daughter in law. And she is not a daughter in law, she is my second daughter. And we get on super well. In fact, I do know there have been times when Laura and I have been deep in conversation, some fairly serious issue. We're discussing it. Matt's sort of sitting down and I remember once you just said, gee, you two get on really well, don't you, And.
Speaker 1: It was almost as kissing.
Speaker 2: A bit of a hallmark moment.
Speaker 4: But I think you felt left out.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's great, that's good.
Speaker 2: It's good. It gives them rest.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But look, so that's that's important. Great to be with the grandkids.
Speaker 2: I think it's really important too, like as everyone gets older of the family, that you get on with your mum and your kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the circumcision really would have brought you guys together back then.
Speaker 1: And I was just steering at the barrel of moving in with his father in law again. Actually, is he single?
Speaker 2: Maybe soon?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Oh, you could do better.
Speaker 1: Okay, it is time to ask. Let's get into it. We've been talking for too long.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ellie, I have a question for you if you don't mind, but this is ask Ellie. So you've got no choice after five kids? I mean I was after two. I knew I was done. How did you know you were done after five?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I felt I wasn't done after five, and I would have been quite happy to go to six.
Speaker 2: You are crazy, that's I know.
Speaker 4: I know. I look back and.
Speaker 5: Think, geez, that's six too many desire. But I think I just wanted my own football team.
Speaker 1: You were addicted to kids.
Speaker 4: I was addicted. Yeah, I wanted a really big family.
Speaker 2: Oh my, I can taste that.
Speaker 1: Buster, Okay, Buster, just was that Buster or was that Ellie?
Speaker 2: Ellie? Oh my god, that is rank Id that vintage.
Speaker 4: Discuss.
Speaker 2: Oh my mouth, my mouth, my mouth, don't kiss me, Ellie, my mouth thinks all right. Sorry, Yes, you're addicted to kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I had lost my sperm donor. Oh so was not going to happen?
Speaker 1: Do you honestly do you think if you had a partner who was willing and able, how many kids it was up to you, how many kids would you have had?
Speaker 4: Six?
Speaker 1: Seven? Maybe?
Speaker 4: No, it has to be an even number.
Speaker 2: Do you hear that? Guy? If you're willing and able, Matt wants a little brother or sister. Now, wow, do you find that when you say you lost your sperm donor you just still haven't found him. That's joke anyway, divorced, bro, just get the violin that you won't call the ambulance.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine anything worse than having six kids. That to me, three even would be hell on earth.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: But you think that because you have two usually close in age, and they take up all your time. But when you start to have multiple children of an age where they can help, and if you remember you had Tom Judy, all your older ones because Tom was the youngest, you would put him in the bath.
Speaker 4: Two of you what was.
Speaker 1: Out there having wines bylf I put that child in the bar, so you.
Speaker 4: Know, you'd put them in and put him in the bar.
Speaker 5: You would put pajamas on, and one of you would lie down in bed and read a story.
Speaker 2: So you can pay for you of this child.
Speaker 1: Labor is chin clearing away on your second bottle of self blind?
Speaker 2: What region of South Australia is this bottle of wine from?
Speaker 5: And you were quite happy you rotated the Tom Judy. Sometimes you'd be playing with him outside and it worked. And a lot of people don't experience that because they stick with two kids and they're close.
Speaker 2: I suppose you're right when they get to a certain actu your little helpers. But still I.
Speaker 1: People with three kids and they look broken, and doing that.
Speaker 4: Three is the hardest if they're close in age.
Speaker 2: There you go. If you're going to have a third, have a fourth, least fifth.
Speaker 1: Six.
Speaker 2: Now there is one more question, but I think it should come from Matt because it might be a little bit awkward coming out of my mouth.
Speaker 1: So Matt, very good, very good, I'm you sure you have asked this question.
Speaker 2: I am ready.
Speaker 1: This is I never thought I would ask my mum this question.
Speaker 2: Let me take my pants off, but you are.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ellie. The question is.
Speaker 2: When did you get Come on, man, it's a bit of that. Let's go.
Speaker 1: When did you get your sex drive back after you gave birth? Maybe this is like on average because you had five kids?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, what the nitty gritty When did it happen? Now?
Speaker 4: Well, I suppose, oh, make it stop right away, care well in the hospital, you know.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I suppose if you look at after the birth of my first chance, yes, within nine months I was pregnant again, and then after the birth of my second child, I was pregnant again within nine months, So I think that was pretty quick. But then I have to ask myself, was that the return of a sex drive or was that my intense desire to have more.
Speaker 2: Children, intense desire to have it?
Speaker 1: But when when? Oh god, I'm asking this, like, at what point you've give them birth? At what point are you starting to think about sex?
Speaker 2: When did you get back on the horse, so to speak?
Speaker 4: I think it was Tuesday night.
Speaker 2: Wow, Look, I don't I.
Speaker 4: Can't answer that question specifically.
Speaker 2: Would you say can you give us weeks months?
Speaker 1: Are you like? Is it like two months afterwards?
Speaker 5: Well, first it can be you know, a little harrowing, a little more damage is done with the first.
Speaker 1: One that courage.
Speaker 5: So you have an favorite which has you know, has to heal. But the thing with sex drive, I think it is I think it's adversely related to tiredness. And the problem is that when you are on pretty much twenty four to seven, you are tired.
Speaker 4: And that's when I talk to other women.
Speaker 5: They get to bed and it's not that they don't want to have intimacy, it's just they haven't got anything else left to give. So my advice to a partner out there, to.
Speaker 4: A husband.
Speaker 1: Who has not given birth, who.
Speaker 5: Has not given birth, and I know this isn't you, but it's so true. Housework is the greatest aphrodisiac. If you came home and said to your wife, I want you to go upstairs, have a shower, have a bubble bath, whatever you want, relax, watch some TV. I am going to prepare dinner. I'm going to feed the kids and going to put the kids in the bath. I'll get them ready for bed. You don't have to do anything. I can guarantee that those hormones will be pumping, pulsating, pulsating.
Speaker 2: But what you're saying is sure play.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I could have sex after doing all those activities, though.
Speaker 2: I honestly I think, Look, I don't think i'd get anything after that.
Speaker 4: I stop.
Speaker 5: You expect her to have sex after all those activities.
Speaker 2: We don't point your finger at us, but.
Speaker 1: We believe in equal share, Ellie, ashion myself.
Speaker 5: But there are many women out there who would do all of that. Husband comes old, partner comes home from work. Look, whether it's male or female.
Speaker 2: I like the idea.
Speaker 4: Just lift the load a little bit.
Speaker 2: And that'll get the sex straw pumping your and then there you go.
Speaker 4: Gents, to be said.
Speaker 2: For gragnificant others, she will be grateful. So you're going for grateful sex. Beautiful. That's my favorite type.
Speaker 4: But it is hard. It is hard.
Speaker 2: Well, Ellie, thank you for that. I'm glad it wasn't as icky as you thought it was going to be.
Speaker 1: What else is hard?
Speaker 5: Boys?
Speaker 4: Settled?
Speaker 1: Goodness me, I didn't think when I said this podcast, I've been talking about sex my mother. But here we are.
Speaker 4: We always talk about sex.
Speaker 2: We haven't had my yet.
Speaker 1: We're a weird family.
Speaker 2: We haven't had on yet.
Speaker 4: Jesus, No, we know the thing is though, Matt. Okay, you know that pretty much.
Speaker 5: We can talk about anything, and that's to me an absolute joy that we're not inhibiting.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you enjoy it.
Speaker 2: That's going to go crymeself to sleep now. That is all we have time.
Speaker 4: For Ellie to see you again.
Speaker 2: It's good to see you. I'm glad you're back, safe from your trip, all.
Speaker 4: Those trips, still here, still picking.
Speaker 1: Thank you for jumping on. We'll see you maybe next week, maymbe the week after. We're not sure. We'll keep you posted.
Speaker 2: We'll see. I've got to recover from that one.
Speaker 1: So if you enjoyed this episode, we would love it. Absolutely don't move a muscle. Muscle breathe, hold your breath until I finished this sentence. We would love it if you would give us a review, subscribe, send it to a friend, anyone you think would benefit from Two men and then are talking about rooten people. My favorite anything to add as join the Facebook group actually main numbers they are.
Speaker 2: Skyros sky rocketing. It is a community one Holy shit, jump on there, join you in the Facebook group.
Speaker 4: I'll have to join. Come on, actually, face.
Speaker 1: Don't say that the brand to say?
Speaker 2: Which brand? Facebook?
Speaker 4: On Instagram?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you follow us?
Speaker 2: Let's not follow it back? Okay and we'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 1: See Two Doting Dads podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and the connections to land, see and community.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torrestraight Island the people's today. This episode was recorded on Gadigle Land