Speaker 1: You know what, like being a mom.
Speaker 2: I feel like every single day with my kids, I learn something new or they do something new that really just tests my patience.
Speaker 1: Aren't they supposed to learn something new? God?
Speaker 2: No, it's a mutual exchange of learning parenthood and children, Like they're learning like how to live and function and I'm learning how to survive.
Speaker 1: Faily. So what was this week's lesson?
Speaker 2: So I told you part of this on our podcast on Life on Cut, brit But basically, Lola is an interesting little creature. She's four years old, and she's filled with very big emotions and doesn't really know how to control them.
Speaker 1: She's the personality higher of the family, right, Yeah, I said that, Yeah, that was a Laura quote. Sorry, I'm not making that statement about someone else.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you can actually say that about your own kids. You already did, I know, And now I feel like I should take a back. She's just full of personality. She's very funny. She honestly is such a little entertaining human. But she also has like massive swings of emotion, and that's when I find it difficult to manage her, because once she's on that swing of emotion, there is nothing that de escalates her. So she went through this real phase. And she's only just turned four, but she's a big four year old. She went through this phase.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're just thrown in the complimence.
Speaker 2: But she like tall, she's a big girl, and she would like if she got so filled with anger, she would just start hitting or kicking, right, And once we got to that point, like, there's not a lot that I can do to try and bring her back down. And because she's quite strong, like, if she socker punches, you're gonna know about it, and it really hurts. And recently she smacked me straight in the face. Oh, like it was probably the first time that she's hit me and hit me hard enough that it really really upset me. And we have really big talks about like not hitting, and I could tell that it had kind of registered that she really felt remorseful for how bad she'd hit me. Anyway, so she's stopped hitting, which is great, Like she's really taken that on board. But the problem is is that the energy that like anger, has nowhere to go now because she's stopped hitting. So she's discovered a new technique, right, so recently, now that she's not hitting. She gets so angry and you can just tell that they were ray just bubbling up on this little four year old that she strips naked and then she moons me. And it doesn't matter where we are. We could be in there, we could be in the grocery store, we could be at the movies, we could be at home, it doesn't matter. We could be on the street and she will literally strip down, button naked and pull her butt cheeks apart on the street.
Speaker 1: Where has she learned this? Do it all the time? When I don't bake this up? One of you've been mooning each other? Is this how you and Matt do conflict resolution? Do you just like have a fire, who packed the dishwasher and then just pull your pants down? But that could end differently. I actually think it would work.
Speaker 2: If you were having a real fight with your husband and they just and mooned you, you wouldn't be able to take him seriously. It's a good way of do the escalating an argument.
Speaker 1: It'd go straight to the makeup. If you know what I mean, No, silly, don't know what I mean. I do know what you mean.
Speaker 2: I think I'd have an instant it for my husband if his response to every argument was to pull his butt cheeks apart.
Speaker 1: But what is worse violence or in decent exposure, Because at the moment Laula's doing both.
Speaker 2: I find it amusing that my children find you way is pretty much every day to assault me. I'm like at the point now where I'm like, look, what's worse? Being hit is far worse. So like now it's and because it's quite funny, so I have to try and walk away and keep a straight face and not react to that. How do you do? I hate to storytop, Oh, please go When did you moon someone when you were so angry?
Speaker 1: When I used to work as a nanny in Italy and I had these.
Speaker 2: Two kids, that's just your storytop Already your life is better than mine.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't have kids, but I sort of did for a while. It was like a full time living nanny, and the parents were pilots and air hostesses, so they would just leave me for days on end. This was not what I signed up for anyway. Their kids were so bad that they would walk around the house and when they were angry at me, pull their pants down, moon me and pooh onto the ground. I wish I was lying. They would take a dump on the kitchen floor. Yep. I would just put newspaper over it and move around it.
Speaker 2: No, you can't. They're not a it's not an animal.
Speaker 1: Yellah.
Speaker 2: That's when a change keeps are out when you say, okay, I'm so sorry you've come home your kids on here.
Speaker 1: I put them up for adoption. So it's terrible, but that was the only option. I'm not kidding. It happens so many times. You quit, yeah, and I want to quit.
Speaker 2: My own family when she does it to me, let alone, being the nanny that's getting paid for it.
Speaker 1: I had to hitch hike because they wouldn't. They wouldn't, dude. I don't even know how I survived. So we're in this little country town and I was like, I can't live here anymore. This is wild and they wouldn't take me to the main town. So I had to hitch hike from a country town to Milan and then get a bus from Milan, and like that was how I got out. A hitch hiked that could have ended very differently.
Speaker 2: This story has ed those places that I never thought it would, And all I'm worrying now is that the only place for Lola to go is the follow through, So that's what we're left with everyone.
Speaker 1: That might be the next step when she can't control her anger.
Speaker 2: I hope not anywhere. Update you all on it later