Speaker 1: On today's show, Matt Paul takes another swipe at Ollie Frost. Mikayla Testa hard launches her new boyfriend as she binds this controversial view on cheating and what are your rights when it comes to getting a nightmare haircut? Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Abe Torba and people who are working from home and taking the piss need to take notice because this week it was reported that an Australian woman was fired after being caught out not doing enough work from home, so her work went to the extreme length of putting a key stroke monitoring device on her computer. What do you guys think? Look, I want to start off by saying we're not accusing any of our listeners for bludging whilst they're working from home, because that's what I hate. I hate that it's implied that if you work from home, you're not doing anything, because there's so many people who are doing the right thing. But in this case, I actually don't have much sympathy for this woman because she's clearly been caught out taking a piss and ruining it. For other people. I do think it's a little bit unfair that they tracked her computer because it really should be based on your output. I mean, if the woman isn't doing enough work, surely her employees should talk to her rather than basically stalking her. But it's not stalking her. I actually think it's really clever. You can always tell that a lot of officers will set up a morning meeting to make sure that their staff are actually awaken of doing stuff he're working for. But that doesn't do anything. That just means that people are available on the zoom and then they could literally close their computer lid and fuck off for the rest of the day. The keystroke monitoring, yeah, but at least it means you know, they're at their house, they're away. But the thing is, it depends what job you're doing. But the keystroke monitoring might not even reflect like this woman worked for an insurance company. Was she on the phones? Like? Did she need to be typing? So apparently a lot of her job was typing stuff, so they were able to identify that she wasn't doing her work. I am in two minds about the working from home situation because as someone who runs a small business. I would feel really nervous employing someone knowing that they're not in the office with me. I can't see what they're doing, particularly if there's someone new, But I don't know if you can trust them. Yeah. But the thing is from having an office job, it is so easy to not be doing your work and be on social media during when you're in the office. Yeah, people can bludge when they're in the office as well, because you just literally look like you're doing work, but you're on social media or you're doing your own thing unless you have someone standing over your shoulder watching everything you do. You need to actually have trust in the people you employ in both situations in the office and also from working from home. It's actually such a skill though, when you're at a job and you've got nothing to do, to look like you're busy, it's actually work. I heard a lot of people during COVID were actually using those those systems on their computer where it would automatically move their mouths around just in case they were being tracked by those keys. It's so they look active on team. Yes, yeah, yeah, it says if you're away or if you're there. I do find it funny when bosses are like, you need to come back to the office for the culture, and the culture is literally just silence and people not even talking or working together. Well, what's horrifying is that there has been a lot of media coverage on this case. Is this going to mean that a lot of businesses are going to start using this technology or now will work as having the back of their mind? Shit, I actually better do my job because I might be caught out next.
Speaker 2: Would you make me a Walldorf?
Speaker 1: Shout Tammy Hambrose. Former fiance Matt Paul has taken another swipe at Nicky Westcott's fiance Ollie Frost. Now, the well known boyfriends of Instagram are in the midst of a very nasty business dispute that has been playing out publicly for the past few weeks, and as we mentioned on last week's episode, Matt is claiming that Ollie has squeezed him out of his stake in popular Burlyhead's restaurant A Man Now. Matt alleges that Ollie asked him to invest thirty thousand dollars in the business in twenty twenty three years on and the business is now in liquidation and Matt has no idea where his money is. And as we touched on last week, despite the Gold Coast restaurant closing down, Ollie and his business partner Jonathan Eddings have recently opened a bunch of new companies with similar names. And this isn't the first time that Olli and Jonathan's companies have faced trouble. The pair were the founders behind the defunct Grass in the Green music festival that went into administration late last year. Now, this festival ended up owing more than three million dollars to artists, fan suppliers and the tax office. And after we dropped last week's episode, we had quite a few listeners contacting us saying that they had been caught up in that debacle and still hadn't had their money returned to them. And in an interesting twist, an investigation found that more than seven hundred thousand dollars in festival funds were loaned to Ollie and Jonathan's restaurant companies, which will never be paid back. The man was found to be one of the businesses propped up by the festival funds. So now they were all up to speed. This week, Matt Pool took a major swipe at Ollie Frost On Instagram, Matt shared a story of his desk with his laptop sitting on top of a newspaper and it just so happened that the newspaper was opened to an article about Olli and Maman and you clearly read the head line, which said restaurants firms facing two point three million dollar debts. Matt then captured the story back in the office for an honest day's work. I personally love this pettiness. This is something that I would do, and it's something that you have done before, Amy, it is something I've done. Unfortunately, my name was in the media a couple of years ago with stuff to do with a former employer, and I did enjoy putting in little newspaper articles that we just happened to be next to my breakfast in the mornings. And that's the thing, when you are locked in a legal dispute, you have to be subtle and giving a reaction like this, even though it might be sort of detrimental to the case, it makes you feel a little bit better. See, I don't know how subtle it is, because he added that caption that was pretty telling. Yeah, you can't get in trouble for that. I actually, yeah, I'm with Sophie. I think that's funny. I did laugh because I also saw that Matt Paul liked our Instagram post promoting last week's episode. Yeah, so that was also a bit of a subtle swipe. Now, the recent article in the Gold Coast Bulletin was quite damning. It out line that, according to reports, Lodge with asig Ollie's restaurant companies have debts of more than two point three million to unsecured creditors, and the article also revealed the liquidatas were currently attempting to sell the business through a public advertising campaign. Now, Ollie and his business partner Jonathan have enlisted the help of a PR firm, but they declined to provide a comment to the paper. I do find that quite interesting that they have got a PR firm involved, because they know how detrimental this is to their image and also to the image of Nicky Wescott. I'm surprised that the PR company would take them on, considering it's been publicized that they owe so much money. We've had that recently, so for we had a company reach out to us that was in the papers, and that was clearly though in liquidation, and we're like, why would we take you on you're clearly not going to pay your bill. I mean a lot of companies do have to deal with crisis management, but as you say, I wouldn't feel that confident taking them on board. I would want the money up front before I started doing any work with them. And it's also important who you align yourself with though as a PR company. I'm actually surprised that they're not commenting. I think it looks like they're wiping their hands of the whole thing. I just think they probably get themselves in more trouble if they start putting comments out. I do think that it's best probably not to say something, because when they comment, it's just going to generate another story where they rehash all this negative information. They're waiting for the story to die. That's the strategy all were then hearing is one person's side of how terrible they are at business and how much they are with But I'm not seeing the other side to the story. They might be genuine reasons. Well, they might be crafting a positive news story if they're launching another business. You know, I really want to know what NICKI Westcott is thinking because she is having to front up and do a podcast every couple of days, and it would be really awkward when all of this is going on in the background. Because she's huge on the social scene. She and Lucy are always out and about at restaurants. I just think it's very awkward for them, the association. It is awkward, but it's her partner. It's not her. I get that it's not her, but the person that you're marrying, and your financial situation is merged with the How can you not? I don't know. I feel like it'd be interesting to say, see how many DMS she's receiving over this. Please? Can all of the boyfriends and husband stop staring at my ars every time I stap outside because I feel really bad for all the wives and girlfriends. TikToker and OnlyFans creator Mikayla Tester has debuted her new boyfriend by sharing an X rated photo of him, as well as a taste of their late night text message exchanges. Now. The new relationship comes just a year after Mikayla split from her longtime boyfriend Addis Paul. Now, so if this has put new meaning into hard launching a relationship. Yeah, a part in the pun. I mean, I was quite taken back when Mikayla's Instagram story popped up, and for those who haven't seen it, she shared a screenshot of a text message exchange as you said, Amy, which included a photo of the new guy. Unfortunately, we didn't actually get to see his face in the photos. Oh, I though you're gonna say something else. No, this photo, the best way I can describe it is this guy has grabbed his phone, he's standing in the nude, and he's positioned the photo up so you can't quite see his groin. I mean, if he had any pubes, I feel like you definitely see a hint of pubes and his face and his privates was strategically cut off. You can see his very chiseled body though. Yeah, he was absolutely ripped. And in this text message exchange, Mikayla says, they know and they don't mind. They like hearing about it. Though, I assume that she is talking about her OnlyFans, audience and her followers on Instagram, saying that they don't mind her being in a relationship. See. I wondered if that was about Adams Paul. I actually don't mind this reveal of a new relationship. It's better than just having the arm with the watch and the photo. It kind of takes it to a different level. It's quite funny because in this text message exchange, Mikayla responded saying, ah delicious. And it's funny because she actually tagged him in this Instagram story. So I of course had a bit of a stalk. And this guy's name is Emmanuel. He's eighteen years old, a body builder and also a fellow OnlyFans creator. They sound perfect together and many people were surprised to hear that there's a five year age gap between the two of them, because Mikayla is twenty three. But I think those people must be quite unaware of her dating history with k Leroy because kid Laroi is nineteen years old and they dated, I believe when Mikayla was eighteen. But do we actually think this is a relationship or is this just an onlyfan's collaboration. I think this relationship is genuine because Mikayla then shared that it was the end of her eurosummer and that she's been there for three months, and she wrote I miss Australia. My cats and my boyfriend so much. It's been a long three months. And then she revealed that Emmanuel has been looking after her cat Eddie, and she shared a photo of him cudled up with Eddie in her house. I'm sorry, so I don't think this is a genuine relationship. Why would you launch it by sharing that kind of photo Because it's her brand, it's teasing your audience into it. We're going to be collaborating soon. That's how I bet she'll do that. Anyway, It doesn't mean it isn't her boyfriend, Like she was doing stuff on OnlyFans with Adams Paul and that was a genuine relationship. I mean, this guy has I think thirty six thousand followers already, Obviously that number is going to climb. But I just think it's genuine. I mean, it makes sense that she would date someone who's in a similar to her, who understands it. I wonder if this is the guy that she was talking about in her White Fox boutique interview, because she said there was a guy living in the US who was actually from Melbourne, and I think he recently might have moved back or was visiting, so maybe he's made his stay more permanent.
Speaker 2: If you don't call him, I will no, no, Cram, I don't want you to do that.
Speaker 1: You can't do that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna call Gino.
Speaker 1: You're gonna see him, and we're gonna get that haircut fixed up. I don't want you to call her. Rage Gee. I was scrolling on Facebook the other night and I came across a post from this poor woman on the Tee Time Facebook group who has had an absolute nightmare haircut. So she asked for a trim and a few face framing layers and she's ngured up having a hair completely butchered. I can't even describe. How would you describe it? You've seen the photo, Oh, my worst nightmare. So she had layers done, and I mean lucky thing. Her hair's very thick, but the layers they were literally like you could see each layer that had been cut in. It was It's sort of like when you cut a Barbie doll's hair at different lengths. It was a night looked like weird Barbie, didn't it. Yeah, poor girl. So apparently the hairdresser she went to had over twenty five years of experience, and she went onto the Facebook group to ask if anyone knew how she could fix this haircut. It was quite funny because someone in the group said she can actually claim for personal injury damage. So she said the same thing happened to her, and she was given eleven thousand dollars for personal and emotional damage. So the hair salon's insure it decided on the amount based on how long it would cost to pay for extensions for her for three to four years. I actually think that this woman deserved more than eleven thousand dollars. As someone who has very slow growing hair. Yeah, and the amount of money that you invest to get healthy hair as well, it is emotionally damaging as well. Imagine if you had an important event coming up that you had to go to, you probably have to buy a week If someone botched your face, they'd be liable. Or she was commenting saying, do I just shave it all off and get a wig? You do put so much trust in your hairdresser, and it's really scary going to a new salon. What actually is you're right when you do get a bad haircut. Well, I was pleased to learn that haircuts are actually covered under Australian consumer law, so hairdressers are required to ensure that their haircuts are delivered with reasonable skill and care, so depending on what happens to your hair, you can get a refund, a part refund, or a restyle. The biggest advice I took from reading about this is that you have to make your feelings heard when you're actually at the salon. And I think a lot of people find that difficult because how many times have you got a bad haircut and you've just gone like, yeah, yeah, that's all good and walked out and just cried and not said any Yeah. I've been listening to the Bride to b podcast, which is done by Adoor Beauty. I've really been enjoying binging those episodes, and they had a hairdresser on and the hairdresser was saying, this happens all the time with bridal trials, and the bridle will be just too shy to say that they actually fucking hate the whole thing, and they'll either end up going and getting someone else to do it for them, or the day just being unhappy with it. Yeah, it is really hard to say that you don't like something in person. There are instances if you have like a color goes wrong, you can actually come back, but you've just got to do it asap, and if you're not happy with the response from the hairdresser, you can actually contact the Office of Fair Trading in your state. That's the thing though, if someone has fucked up your head this badly, like this poor person who posted the photo, you would not want to set foot back in there. You'd want to just go somewhere else to get them to fix it. This happened to Dale. He came home once and his haircut looked atrocious. They'd shaved it all weirdly at the back, and I said to him, this looks terrible, and he just thought I was being picky because he went to this really cheap hairdresser. And then it actually took someone at work saying mate, did you cut your own hair for him to go back. They fixed everything up, but still he looked terrible for a couple of weeks. For guys, I don't really see the back of their head doing that. They're not looking. So there's hilarious TikTok. This woman saying things that weren't her business. And she said, the back of her hair is not her business. If she didn't straighten it properly. That's not her business. Do you remember when we first got our hair dyet and I had that mishap where I think they put the heat on for too long and it went all checkerboard. I need to note this was BEFO. When our hairdresser, our much beloved hairdresser, was away, we went to one of those cheap places. It was as attack. Yeah, that should have been the red flag, but that was a nightmare because my mum complained because I think I was thirteen. I had to redo it, jacking eleven thousand dollars worth of damage for that checkerboard. Oh streets. I would have liked that because I had to redye my hair my natural color again. It just looked awful. A telltale sign that someone's a bad hairdresser is if they've got bad hair themselves. I've advocated for so long for women to use their voice, and then I was silent.
Speaker 2: Were you silent or were you silenced?
Speaker 1: Speculation is mounting that Megan Markle is set to return to Instagram. The Duchess of Sussex was forced to shut down her personal social media accounts five years ago when she married Prince Worry The discovery of Meghan's apparent secret Instagram account follows rumors that the former actress is exploring new career opportunities as an influencer Amy can you tell us more? Well? An Instagram account with the handle Meghan has attracted tens of thousands of followers overnight, despite not having a single post now. The account's profile picture is of flowers and it is set to public now. Other than sharing Meghan's name, there is no other identifying features that it is actually her account. But despite this, many people are certain that it's Meghan's personal Instagram account, so much so that at the time of recording, the account has attracted over forty five thousand followers. How did she get the name just Megan? Surely that name would have been taken by somebody. Maybe she's purchased it, and that's why people are certain that it's Also what if she maybe not just shut down her original one, but not deleted it and then reactivated it. It wasn't Megan. She can't really come back as Meghan Markele while everyone knows her as Meghan Markle. It's the same with Kate Middleton. They actually no longer have those names. When she married Prince Harry. Normally what happens is if you marry into the royal family, you drop your last name. You're literally just known as your Christian name. Yeah, I get that, but I'm saying that she had so many followers on her original Instagram account that did she just did? Why did she just deactivate it then come back and just change the handle. She's not going to have any issues with attracting new followers at all. We can see these blank accounts got forty five thousand. It's quite interesting though, because I think this whole Meghan thing is a big part of her rebrand because she's copped so much flak for holding on to her title of the Duchess of Sussex, and on her podcast she always signed off as Meghan. I mean, I know, I know in the actual show notes and at the end when they were reading the credits, it would say the Duchess of Sussex. But I think she's really trying to make just Meghan a thing, because trying to make Meghan happen. Yeah, because Prince Harry, he's just known as Prince Harry, and so she just has to be just Meghan. And it's pretty ballsy to go with, because Meghan isn't like an unusual name. It's not like share. There's not just one Meghan. You've got Meghan trainer, you know. So I wonder if Megan is going to try and trademark Meghan like Kylie Jenna did during when she did it, and then Kylie Minogue was like, hang on a second, I'm Kylie. Yeah. It's actually believed that this account was created a year ago, even though it's just attracting attention now, and that was around the time that Meghan launched her Spotify podcast Archetypes, and in an interview with The Cut to promote the podcast, Meghan said, do you want to know a secret? I'm getting back on Instagram. However, she is said to have changed her mind shortly before she launched the podcast, so this account has potentially just been sitting there. Do you think she's changing her mind again, because there is a lot of speculation that she's in talks with Cartier to become a brand ambassador after signing with Hollywood talent agency WMEE. She's always been big on social media. Before she married into the royal family, she had her blog The Tig I feel like it would just be natural for her to fall back into having a social media career. It's a little bit more complicated now though, with the whole Royal family thing, because apparently Cartier are a little bit nervous because if they partner with Meghan, they're going to piss off the Royal family, who have been clients for over one hundred years. I get why she can't be an influencer. I love her. I want to see what she's up to. I want to see what brand deals she's choosing. I want to see what makeup she's using, what skincare products are using. But when you say influencer as well, it's not like she's going to be spooking teeth, whitening or anything like that. Though I know Fergie copped it at the time when she went to the US and she was doing a lot of brand deals. But I think Meghan's team are going to be very careful about what products she promotes. They'll be high end brands and it won't be consistently every week she's spreaking something. It's not that she's an influencer, it's just that she's a celebrity. And now the way that celebrities do brand deals has changed Jennifer Aniston. Jennifer Aniston's actually been doing quite a few brand deals, but in a classy way. She cops a little bit for having no idea about social media etiquette. The thing with Megan, she's always been a massive style icon, so she could easily be a fashion influencer quote unquote, I mean, you see Jade, tun't she getting to promote designer brands? Surely Megan could easily earn a lot of money promoting Louis Vuitton, Katier, all of those brands and do it in a taste away by posting really high fashion image. I just don't get. I don't get people's point of saying, oh, because she was a royal, she can't have an Instagram account just because in the past, Like, yeah, Princess Darna didn't have one because it wasn't around. I bet you she would have jumped on there as soon as she left the role fan. But the thing is, I think because they've over exposed themselves so much with their doco and their podcasts and all the things that come out in the media, they have to be careful about how much of their life. Again, they're just a regular celebrity in the sense of a lot of the time celebrities get oversaturated. Look at the Kardashians. Yeah, but there's a group of people who are always gonna hate you, always gonna love it. How to influencer, People think, oh, well, she's just gonna be like the influence of vologging her life. No, no, that's not what she's gonna be. It's gonna be a different caliber of influence. Even though apparently they have shared too much, according to the critics, people are interested the fact that there's an account called Meghan that's only got a photo of flowers up and like fifty four thousand people or whatever have followed her. It shows us huge interest in her. I also personally haven't heard from Meghan in a while. I've seen a lot of Harry, and I think that that's been a really clever strategic move because years ago it was it's all Megan's fault. But now Harry has, you know, everyone saying his book is called where and like making fun of him, which is horrible. But at the same time everyone's thinking, oh, actually is him who's complaining about her? She's doing what Any sort of influence or a celebrity does when they get oversaturated. She she's doing a Taylor swift. She's gone quiet, and I do think we will see her return to Instagram and sort of do a Kate Middleton in a way and be silent but very stylish.
Speaker 2: And I value my energy. I value present time with my kids, I value going to the gym. I value my sleep.
Speaker 1: Ash Bienes has divided opinions during a Q and A on her podcast Glow and Grow Influence. It was asked by a listener if she would stay in her marriage if her partner cheated on her. This was Ash's response.
Speaker 2: I would take some responsibility into as to why he cheated, Like I feel like people cheat when their needs aren't getting met over a long period of time and is lack of communications. I would take some responsibility, but I feel like if I stayed, I would throw it back in his face and I'm like heated or triggered and they wouldn't be that trust there, so his life, I don't feel like we'd be living our best, happiest lives.
Speaker 1: It'd be hard to build up that trust again, to fully trust them.
Speaker 2: And open yourself up again to be hurt. So I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is pretty funny. Poo in public?
Speaker 2: What do you mean in a public toilet or just in public?
Speaker 1: So what do you guys think about Ash's comments? Do you think it's your fault if someone cheats on you? I was pretty shocked when I heard Ashy say this, and I do not agree. I think that the person who cheats is solely responsible for their behavior, not the partner. And I think that there are a lot of things that you can do if you're not happy relationship before cheating, Like why don't you go to counseling, set some boundaries, talk to your part I do get all that, And hearing that quote back, you go, oh, wow, she's really victim blaming the person who's been cheated on. But I kind of understand where she's coming from in terms of sometimes there are cases where someone just goes out and cheats because they're a bloody dickhead. But then there are sometimes cases where maybe people have been in a marriage for thirty years and they're just not meeting each other's needs. They might not be giving that person enough love or attention, and so sometimes people go and seek out these emotional affairs and it's not saying that it's that person's fault, but it's clearly this breakdown of people. Actually, yes, but the thing relations is cheating actually hurts someone, Whereas if you're upfront and communicate that you're not happy on your marriage and your needs aren't being met, then you can work through that without going and cheating on the person. I do think Ash's response is quite a female one, because often female's default response is what did I do wrong? And how can I make him love me again and stop cheating? And it's total bullshit. Women should not be taking responsibility if their partner cheats on that, but a man as well. But what about the other scenarios. So say there's a woman and you know, or even a same sex relationship, what if their partners not providing all the things that they need. I mean, my view is that if you're not happy in a relationship, you should just leave the relations Actually, you shouldn't cheat on somebody. But that's exactly what I'm saying. I don't think that there should be any scenario where your default is, oh, well, I'm not getting enough from this relationship, so I'm just going to cheat on this person. Like surely you can just separate. Surely you can break up before you get to that point where you want to explore a relationship with someone else. I do agree that people need to actually put effort into their relationships because I think what you're getting at is that, you know, as soon as people get married, maybe they don't go out on dates, maybe they stop communicating. Lives get really busy, and people might not put the same effort in as they did when they first started dating. And I think that that's where you need to be really good with communicating with your partner that, hey, this is what I want from our relationship and I'm not getting it on cheat on someone? Do you think though, that you could get over somebody cheating on you? Or is that just the end of relationship? It's very circumstantial. I mean my instant reaction is no. But in the past, have I taken someone back that has cheated on me? Yes? And it was an extremely young, toxic relationship where I was in the mindset like, oh, what did I do wrong and how can I make this person like me? But obviously that relationship was not successful and I shouldn't have taken in back. What about emotional versus physical cheating because I feel like a lot of people have differing opinions on it. Would you rather find out that your partner was having an emotional or physical effort? Again, I think it's very circumstantial and like where you are in your relationship, like we were talking about, if you're not putting effort into your relationship, you're not actually spending time together or communicating. You could kind of, in a sense understand why someone would feel the need to get an emotional connection with someone else. Again, you would hope that person would actually bring it up with you before they got to that stage. I think the emotional affairs are often more dangerous because for men, if I'm just talking about heterosetrical relationships, I feel like for men, sometimes they can just go out and sex isn't a huge thing for them. Obviously it is when they've got a partner, but sometimes it's actually more of a threat to your relationship the emotional side of things, Like if someone's having an emotional affair with somebody at work, I would actually find that more threatening almost well, I mean, it just depends what you're willing to accept. I mean, oh, I don't think that you would accept your partner physically cheating or not either. So I would if anyone cheated on me, I would dump them immediately. I suppose it's like, what would you find worse the emotional or physical cheating question. It's hard because I think your initial reaction is that you would find the physical cheating worse because it would be awful to think about your partner doing that with someone else. But then again, I suppose from a deeper level, it would be kind of offensive to know that your partner had built this emotional relationship with someone that was deep and they were It kind of seems like the emotional affair is more based on the fact that they found someone that they're more suited to, whereas a fear physical affair seems like it was spare of the moment and it was just sexual attraction. Well, I think that's all we've got time for today. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of Outspoken. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present, and if you do like the podcast, please leave us a review.