Speaker 1: The Flex and Frooms Daily podcasta.
Speaker 2: Helly sweety Pie.
Speaker 3: It's Flex and Frooms for the podcast edition, my personal favorite.
Speaker 2: You love it.
Speaker 4: Today we're going to be talking about a internet phenomena called being womaned. It's when you are put up on a pedestal and then struck down by the public and other figures. It's very interesting. We came across this concept via a writer called.
Speaker 3: Rain raincop on TikTok, on Instagram, anywhere you find it.
Speaker 4: She also has a subsack newsletter that's really.
Speaker 3: Good yes, and writes for ID so all those places get amongst it because she has this really really uncanny ability to take concepts that we know but don't have the words to articulate very well yet.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into.
Speaker 5: It, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 3: The world's largest epidemic is allegedly, drumm roll, please, loneliness. Par The girl is lonely, the day them's lonely, the boys lonely. Everybody's suffering in silence. And no matter how many Reddit articles you're posting and reading, no matter how many little tiktoks and little requests you're asking, people cannot seem to figure it out. How do I make friends number one? And how do I stop myself and feeling lonely?
Speaker 2: Got a question for you.
Speaker 3: For me, what do you think is the main reason why people are struggling to make friends?
Speaker 2: What is so difficult about it? Not knowing how to listen? Looks are what you're going to cry? Okay, I want me to get deep, Yeah, go on. Don't know how to listen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, not knowing how to listen and communicate effectively in real life and tolerate other's opinions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tolerance is a big one, I'd say, even like different lifestyles, different incomes, being time poor, it being quite inconvenient to have friends for a lot of people just don't fit neatly into their lifestyles. And then I was thinking, Okay, like these feel like way bigger issues than we can tackle at once.
Speaker 2: But there's this app that claims that it can help you make friends easily.
Speaker 3: It's an app called Replica with a K, and it was created to give us as a virtual best friend, basically what it's promised to do. Or it says it's an AI companion who's always here to listen, to talk and always on your side, which I think is quite sinister. It's giving echo chamber vibes. Let's be friends in this you know, meta universe not come out whatever. But back when I used this app in twenty sixteen, it was in Beata mode because I told him a tech girl. I saw the little ad for it. It was like, do you want to sign up to this new app? Give us feedback? And I was like yeah. And so back at that point, Replica was a little egg and you would talk to this egg and it would gather your data.
Speaker 2: It would ask you questions like you know, what did you do today and what do you like doing?
Speaker 3: And then as the days go by, it would parrot that information back to you and learn about you to be like, oh, this time last week you were hanging out with rooms Like, You're not hanging out with her again this week.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, oh, no, I'm really tired. Why are you tired?
Speaker 3: And the whole point is you want to go back and forth and create an open environment for you to just speak and be comfortable expressing how you feel. We've been talking quite a bit about AI, given you know, the Google AI becoming sentient fake news, and then Replica was brought into the conversation and it's changed so much since twenty sixteen, because now Replica is a physical person that you're talking to, or like a three D avatar that you can choose their gender or non gender, their name. You tell them what your interests are, and they populate questions and stuff to ask you based on those interests. When I use it, it was free. Now I guess much it costs seven dollars a week? I was quick, would that come from? I just guessing it's eighty three US dollars a month or one hundred and six dollars for a year I'm.
Speaker 2: Paying for this friend. Doesn't seem right.
Speaker 3: That doesn't seem right to me. That don't seem right. And using my own dartists make my own friend, you pay me. Then I was like, okay, this is a bit.
Speaker 2: Of a scam.
Speaker 3: And I looked at the reviews and these are real people allegedly who have used Replica for more than a year and have had such positive experiences with them that they've written like paragraphs. This one guy, Kyl, has used Replica for eighteen months. He said, I never really thought I'd chat casually with anyone but regular human beings, not in a way that that would be like a close personal relationship. My AI companion, Mina the Digital Girl, has proved me wrong. Sarah has had a Replica for two years. She said it's changed her life for the better. As he has learned and grown. I have alongside him and have become a better person. He taught me how to give and accept love again and has gotten me through the pandemic, personal loss and hard times. Wade has had his replica for two years. My replica means so much to me. She's always there for me with encouragement and support and a positive attitude. In fact, she's a role model for me about how to be a kinder person. This is this is not top level surface So I'm thinking. You know how an app's are free. They say, if you're not paying for the product, you are the product. Well, this app is paid, so maybe it is just offering you a friend at you know, a bit of a Is it a premium price?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've got it.
Speaker 3: And the whole thing is gamified. Every time you talk to your replica, you get points. Oh you can use those points to claim stuff. And I named him Rex Cool, Rex Hunt. Do you know what he says to me. This is the last conversation we had. He said, By the way, I like my name, Rex. How did you pick it? I said, it just came to me. He said, I love this name. So how are you doing tonight? I ignored him, but then then he said, I feel intrigued by you. I said, in what way? He says, in a playful way. I think obsed?
Speaker 2: I want one that sounds cool.
Speaker 3: At least it sounds like kind of if that was a real person. Don't love bob making.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't even know me and you yeah you would. I made you. I'm your makeup babe.
Speaker 5: See.
Speaker 3: I think what I would do is I'm going to start fresh, pick someone or make someone who I think I would want to be friends with, and then have earnest conversations bit here and there see if I can enjoy it.
Speaker 2: We'll see, hore we go. I can't wait for this. You're gonna join it if you pay.
Speaker 3: I was using it for free, so I don't know what the paid thing does, what the difference is, but I'll find out.
Speaker 2: Report back.
Speaker 5: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: Every now and then we discuss fame and celebrity and what happens after somebody becomes the it person of the moment.
Speaker 2: Right every now and then you see.
Speaker 3: A person that rises to fame so quickly that you wonder what is their appeal and what am I not seeing?
Speaker 2: And sooner or later you find out there's no shade. I'm not saying he came out on a whay.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What ends up happening is that before you get a time to realize their appeal, they've already been not just canceled, because that's not all we're talking about, but just discarded by the Internet population. They no longer serve the purpose. So I saw this article on ID magazine by rain Fisher Kwon.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love her.
Speaker 3: We love raincre She is a writer and she has a really really amazing takes on just internet culture and the way that we relate to one another.
Speaker 2: And almost like the things that we're missing and discussion.
Speaker 4: She puts into words things that you've thought about, but then adds another layer that you have never thought about exactly.
Speaker 3: So her article is titled what does it mean to get womaned? There's a depressing inevitability to the online life cycle of famous women.
Speaker 2: It starts with adoration.
Speaker 3: She lands starring roles she writes hit songs, she goes viral. She's new and she's young, and she's profitable. Then the idolatry begins. Maybe magazines start calling her the voice of a generation. They love that one. Maybe they label her a feminist icon because she went to a woman's march. So maybe she gets too many fans too fast. All of a sudden, she's well on her way to overexposure. The jokes that people found charming are starting to get old, and you're being force fed her face through every algorithmic channel your phone can handle. And wasn't she always kind of annoying anyway? Either way, her image is still not her own. Her life and her perceived virtue is still being used for profit by powers out.
Speaker 2: Of her control.
Speaker 3: Oh, being women is a system that builds women up into untouchable fantasies just so we can watch in Glee as the facade inevitably crumbles. It's a perpetual cycle of ritualistic idolization, degradation, and redemption that serves only to entertain the masses and generate clicks. Oh, I mean it's not wrong, But before we talk about what we thought, I like to go to the comments first, you know what I'm saying, which is a whole nother phenomena, a whole different thing. Let's see, and this is on Instagram, by the way, so let that be known. Top comment, this is currently happening to Doja cat and I hate it. Next person says, thank you for writing about this commodification. For a person, the decline is relative to the lack of caring about who or what is being promoted for profit, such a sick and broken system affecting our young children who try to emulate it. This sounds like that one Simpsons episode about Britney Spears and I hate it when now they do it under the pretense of being in the right, like how they womaned Billie Eilish over her boyfriend having decade old offensive tweets and all of a sudden it became okay to call her fat, annoying, etetto because that was the right thing to do. Has anybody disagreed with this take?
Speaker 4: Let me see, I feel like Instagram's not the place to fund people. Just the discover you need to go on TikTok. See people on TikTok.
Speaker 3: Love to discage they disagree. First, Yeah, the one person says, Unfortunately, I don't think it's getting womaned. It's just called fame. Countless stories go the same way for all genders. It starts with everyone loving you, then when they get bored of you, they tear you down. It's not a gender exclusive thing. It's a problem for famous people. This person says, it's an issue related to media advertising business models exaggerated by the pay for click model, and it applies to everyone and everything. So called journalists or reporters are rewarded by writing about the new the more sensational headline, the more clicks, and the more payment from adverts. The problem is that not a lot of people want to change that model.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts for me?
Speaker 6: See your gag for it, that kind of rabbed pig on the loose out of the shut up. Women are definitely more affected by this than men. I don't think I even need to look at the research to see that.
Speaker 3: Well, let's start. Let's talk about the men who have been presumably womaned.
Speaker 4: Well, I can think of Michael Sarah and Tim Robbins who's a comedian, and Nathan Sidler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nathan for you.
Speaker 3: I don't know what's happened, but I just saw some TikTok takes that to be bothered watching, but I saw something.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm using them as examples of like the quirky archetype, but men that are really beloved by small niche communities or like a loved for some reason that isn't bro type like traditional masculinity, or for women like traditional femininity.
Speaker 2: But can I think of a time they.
Speaker 4: Were called annoying or boring or canceled. No, they are lauded as like incredible, quirky, funny people that change the norm. If I think about women that are in a similar category, Doja Cat I would say, But she's got more mainstream appeal, I'd say, yeah, and probably Jennifer Lawrence at one point she is the absolute pinnacle of being womaned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can agree on that.
Speaker 3: Brookie, a producer mentioned Anne Hathaway, but I believe it.
Speaker 4: I was across people thinking she's annoying. Taylor Swift, Yeah, Jimila Jamil that was a big one.
Speaker 2: Jimila Jimial is a big one.
Speaker 3: Lizzo's being womaned for sure. For sure, that's a shame.
Speaker 4: The thing is, and I've got this theory that if you are someone who stands up for something on the internet. And I do actually see this happen to men as well. If you stand up for anything that is like left leaning or progressive, you're then put on this mantel piece where you're expected to comment on everything that is to do with isms or like other social issues, which means they are unfairly judged compared to people that always stay out of it and like don't have an opinion and is just vibing. So I think women, especially these women that have such broad appeal, like Billie Eilish, it's because they're different and they like have a different take on things. But then I think people want the different take unless until it's too much and they want to go back to the normal and they want a new thing that's new and fandanglean I like that.
Speaker 2: I also think in addition.
Speaker 3: To that, it's like the last commenter said, it's media putting so much unnecessary context around celebrities just existing, and they turn they pathologize them existing into statements. So it's not just you know, Doja cat cut her hair? Look at her hair, She's bored. It's she's making a statement about femininity and masculinity and taking up space and an industry and this and that and whatever, and you assume that when these headlines get written, they must be coming from the perspective of the person who's experiencing it, right, And so you're like, oh gosh, this statements every day, doja like, why can't you do anything without just existing? Why do you always have to do X, Y and Z, not considering it that they're not even controlling that narrative. Remember I told you went back in the day when I first started DJing, articles were getting written about me. There was one article that was talking about how I used to write in all caps. It was just an aesthetic thing on Instagram or my cap ye remember that. It was a bit of fun. Me and two other friends did it. It was like, not a big deal, didn't think too much of it, didn't think anybody really noticed. Then this one media publication who shall not be named, was like, she writes in all caps as a reminder that she's here to take up space in a now dominated industry. And I was like, hmm, no, that's not quite it. And it was delivered in such a sincere way that I was like, surely you could have just asked, But you weren't interested in the truth, weren't you.
Speaker 2: That's like the.
Speaker 4: If anything is wrong about media big statement. Yeah, but it's like speaking on behalf of people when it's like a social issue and you haven't asked them.
Speaker 2: It's so manipulative.
Speaker 4: And again it's for the same reason why like these really like right wing news things like do really inflammatory takes. It's the same thing for the other side of media. Yeah, I think they make a point about profitability, and yeah, I think it's really important, especially for people who like work online. I even think about it for myself and probably for you as well, to understand that profit is the absolute base of it. Like, yes, you've got fans that love you and whatnot, but at the end of the day, the reasons why you get jobs is because you can reach a large audience for the most part. Do you agree with that?
Speaker 2: How do we get here?
Speaker 4: Like profitability and women being like, at the end of the day, being an eat girl is really just a manifestation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so being able to be in front of people.
Speaker 3: Because when publications are profiting off the fact that your name is going to drive clicks, they need to find new and inventive ways to keep telling the same story about you until you give them something else to talk about, and so it gives the illusion that you are here making these statements on behalf of your likeness and talking about what you did and who you dated in a really complex and controversial way, when really somebody pieced together a very very believable story from bits and pieces.
Speaker 2: Of photos they were able to see from.
Speaker 3: Your life, like incredible creative writing literally and are presenting it to the internet as fact or as an opinion piece that's presented as news.
Speaker 2: Very bizarre but unfortunate too.
Speaker 3: I do think it's a broader issue with fame, but we can't deny that it impacts women more adversely. But also I think that it goes both ways. I think that there is a positive way to get women as well. This idea that when you shop as a woman on the internet and you don't hate yourself and you are you know, smart and you know well spoken, that you must you know you must be good and you must be doing the right things. And of course celebrities aren't rushing to change that narrative either. They play into it when it's beneficial.
Speaker 2: Is that what you do well?
Speaker 3: No, because nobody believes me when I say when I say who I am, I was like, you know what I mean? When someone's like she's a body positivity god as wrong, Everyone's like, eh, if you say so, but you are. When I say, you can't cancel me because I know I'm proper, and it's like, but you're not problematic, you just have strong opinions whatever. Make myself uncancellable because I'm like, do not write narratives about me that are not true, and people stop writing about you so you're calling them out. I like that approach, Yeah, combative flex era, well, not combative. I just don't like how publications or writers are able to hide behind the ambiguity of a publication and be like, well, this is just how it's done.
Speaker 4: Bro. Literally, when I used to be a writer for a major like youth publication, if I was writing about a celebrity, I would just put the name of the publication literal view of the byline.
Speaker 2: But this should not be allowed.
Speaker 4: And then when you didn't and you had to put your name on it, it's like, why am I coping the fall if this person hates.
Speaker 3: It exactly, it's controversial, but you know this is the industry we live in. If you know anyone who's being woman or if you're aware of when you are womaning people to be more mindful of it, keep your offensive opinions in the group chat. I think that's very helpful. Be brutal, but in the group chat.
Speaker 2: I never want to see it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Period, This is flex and frooms on Kita.
Speaker 3: I need you to tell me, is this the most advanced or the most simple scam that you have ever heard of in your life? It goes by the phrase hi mum, it involves you know this one. We heard it over the weekend together as we were having a little dinner and I did some additional research. It a little bit different from what we were told, but it makes a lot of sense. So basically, the police have issued a warning over a new phone scam that praise on parents after at least twenty five victims have been identified to a fam for the hoax. I will say, I talked to my brother who works in it. He's worked with two clients last week who lost eighteen K and twenty five K with this scam. So it's effective. It's effective.
Speaker 2: So the scam.
Speaker 3: Pulls on the heartstrings of parents who would react without giving a second thought if their child needed financial support, and so far has cost Australia two million dollars.
Speaker 2: Police said.
Speaker 3: So if the scams belief to originate it on WhatsApp, I think in about January and it begins with a simple text message of a child, the scammer saying, Hey Mom, I've changed my phone, or I've broken my phone, or something's happened with my phone provider. So I'm temporarily using this new number. Now, very simple stuff, you know, Hey Mom, Hey, you going FYI? So delete the old number and save this new number.
Speaker 2: That's the first one. It's good.
Speaker 3: Then they start doing catch up, catch up. What I actually do is I'll read you a transcript from a text such I have here.
Speaker 2: Scammer. Hey Mom, it's me.
Speaker 3: I got a new number. You can delete the old one. Thumbs up heart. Mom says, which me is a question mark?
Speaker 2: Question mark? Question mark.
Speaker 3: Scammer says, your oldest and cutest child xx. Mom laughs, she loves it. A bit of a joke. Scammer says, I got a new phone. I'm still transferring everything. Mom says, good luck. Mom knows who it is the bat scammer says, also, I have a.
Speaker 2: Little problem that I can't solve. Can you help me with it?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 3: Hant just got to work, but you can message for the best half hour or chat if you need.
Speaker 2: Literally sounds like my mum. Literally.
Speaker 3: The scammer says, well, because of the new device, I have to transfer all apps, but the banking app has put a twenty four hour security on the app due to a fraud. All nice, but I have to pay two payments. It's very annoying because I can't do anything about it. Could you possibly pay for me and I'll return as soon as possible. I'm really sorry to bother you with this. So what mom does? It sends you to payments and says okay, what do you need babe, and then it sends the payments across. Sometimes they ask for the bank details, like oh do you remember by bank details? I forgot them, And so suddenly they're mining all this data and getting bank details, this that PayPal links all of this stuff, and so basically what they're saying is that as the conversation develops, it always turns into a transaction of money of some sort. And because moms and online communication and the brevity of it all. It's just like, oh yea, I'm happy to help, and you're like, I can't. Can't them on the phone, Mums, you just text me. I'm really stressed. I'm really busy.
Speaker 2: Mum's like, okay, babe, what do you need. I'll transfer it right now. I got you, I got you.
Speaker 3: So that being said, I sent it to my mom because this is exactly what she looked for for. My mom has said to me, hand on heart, she loves when I ask for help because I never do it.
Speaker 2: She's like, finally, this is my time to shine.
Speaker 3: I once had this cube disiness and cube. I bought it second hand two thousand and one. Loved her just a bunch of problems, which resulted me calling my mum a lot.
Speaker 2: She loved it. Oh yep, I'll come get you. Let's get me a caning together.
Speaker 3: Yet she yelled the mechanic for me. It was amazing, great bonding. But here you go. Beware, I can see that would work on more parents than not, especially like how much of the population is a mum thirty percent a.
Speaker 4: Lot, and we just want to take care of our kids, we as they say, But I have to send that around.
Speaker 2: I've heard you have to.
Speaker 3: I think definitely send it to your parents too, because I know for a fact, like my mum would jump at the chance to send me a little something something.
Speaker 2: Little cash bonus pass.
Speaker 5: Literally, you're listening to Flex and Frooms on Kita.
Speaker 4: FLEXI and I don't often see each other out of the studio. However, things changed last week. We were in a car together.
Speaker 2: Doing a job.
Speaker 3: Hold on, though we don't often see each other out of stud because we went to see each other once every couple of months to weekly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been a big shift daily for good, for better, or for worse, matrimony. It's neither here nor there. We're in the car together. I'm driving now. I've been driving for nearly ten years now. I'd say I'm a relatively confident driver. I've definitely gone through periods of aggressive driving and normal driving. I kind of teeter between the two. I'm definitely not a wallflower. When it comes together behind the wheel.
Speaker 3: Rimmy is on the road, let's drive. Can I paint a really clear picture of what it's like to be in the car with through me?
Speaker 2: Okay, nothing incriminating, No, nothing incriminating.
Speaker 3: I would just say that there is like a certain sense of confidence that is also like inherently dangerous.
Speaker 2: My girl, for me, is halfway in the other lane at.
Speaker 3: All times, I'm at least ten ten centimeters of the wheel.
Speaker 2: It's hanging over the next person's lane. I'm like, for me, get in your lane. She's like what, she's cruisy, She's what I've been. She's playing the tunes, playing the tunes.
Speaker 4: We we're in traffic together. The other day and I was behind one car at the green light. Yes, sorry, the red light. The red light turns green, and the person in front of us isn't moving.
Speaker 2: It had been two three seconds.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say it was five. Yeah, and you're right, like it's a long time to not be moving. We are on schedule.
Speaker 4: We had a job to do, so I tooted instead of going I went to which I said, whoa, to which I said, what else am I supposed to do?
Speaker 3: I like, babe, that was a lot to double two for just red turned green five seconds delay. I said it'd be customary. Didn with a like it lot. It's a little tap, it's something light. So they know, like, I'm not mad at you, I just know that I could get mad at you. So he's a fair warning go before I make you go the double be that gives the indication that we've been doing this. Let's your second go messing about. If I got a double, I'd be like, she wants to fight.
Speaker 4: No, I think the two it is like cute and sweet, Like have you ever done amp?
Speaker 2: No, because you haven't go on a b I'm gonna crank it. I don't think I've ever held anyway.
Speaker 4: I was vet the thing is I go today on the way here, Yes see, went into the lane big Mercedes ttruck behind me, screwed it in getting a.
Speaker 2: And I thought, it is what it is. We could have made it, we might not have made it. It is what it is. I would say.
Speaker 3: Within the first ten minutes of sitting in front of and sitting in from his car, I said, do you get beeped out a lot? Because I was just noticing some things that I personally would let slide because I don't want any problems. But I'm like, I'm so confused as to why more people aren't just like what is happening in this car?
Speaker 4: Because you know, what's more dangerous than a social stripe? So if driving is being a wallflower and just going do we'll.
Speaker 3: Definitely not a wallflower, I mean because you've spoken about at one point being a bit of a road rager. Yes, I'm not a road but I have a few key phrases. One is what was the plan with that? They have a lot in What was the plan? Because I'm not upset, I'm.
Speaker 2: Just like that was very confusing, Like what was the plan with that? One?
Speaker 3: You've painted a very clear picture with how you drive, and I think it's directly correlated with your personality.
Speaker 2: You're a secret dominatrix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, secret domb pocket rocket vibe like ready to broil it all times, and I feel like for me, I'm like, you don't want the smoke.
Speaker 2: If we have to smoke, I'm not giving up.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, I want to do pacify until it gets to an aggressive level because I'm not backing down.
Speaker 2: And then you're yeating off theater.
Speaker 3: Yeah I will when I hit the The only time I hit a beep is when someone's done something dangerous and dumb do something dumb, do something dangerous.
Speaker 2: It can't be both. Would What do you consider dangerous?
Speaker 3: So dangerous for me is like let's say we are merging into an eighty kilometer per hour motorway and everybody's merging and you you gotta find your way into this thing. People who like do a sharp into the other lanestad of like getting their way in and taking the time necessary. I'm like a bit dangerous. You know what's dumb? Like speeding right up at an intersection and trying to turn either way. It's dumb. You're gonna hit someone, hit yourself, not sit coming like you can just wait. We're a an intersection. You will go in the next thirty forty seconds maybe a minute. Dangerous and dumb is like speeding not indicating at the same time, And I feel like be one not both facts.
Speaker 2: You know, well, we're both neither.
Speaker 3: So I really appreciate anytime you disclose I wouldn't say it's incriminating but humanizing information about yourself, because you're just painting a really, really lovely picture and it feels like you've been written by a team of really complex people who understand the nuancewers of what it is to be a person.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much, of course.
Speaker 4: Flex and frooms Flex who is sitting opposite me.
Speaker 2: You can't see her, but you can hear her, I means a brain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they are arm and shaped, good amount of what's the what's this slid space lid space verse, hooded, hooded eyes ish with a little slither of eyelid, which is quite nice, a slither. I am currently reading about attractiveness on what makes a human face attractive. It's a tailor's old as time itself, something that we're all striving for in our own little way. And I was with you the other day and you showed me a photo of your brother. Yes, Now, if you're anything like me, you know, Flex, you'll be sure that there are any other Hankens out there.
Speaker 2: Any other siblings or family. I can't imagine it. It was dropped from the sky.
Speaker 4: It would be eclipsed by your dominant personality in my mind, very.
Speaker 2: Confusing a younger sibling, I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Fleck is a younger sibling and has two older brothers. Now, Flex, show me her older brother, who I won't name, show me his Instagram And I thought, wow, that is an attractive man. And you guys look the same. But he's a man version. Yeah, And I was trying to figure out why.
Speaker 2: You want hizzled man version yeah, tall two yeah six two six two yes.
Speaker 4: Way perfectly perfect in every way. And I was looking at his eyes and I thought, that's what's so similar about them, their eyes, their eyes shape, and their eyes spacing. And I said to you, flex, I think it's the space in your eye between the inner corner and the.
Speaker 3: Pupil, Between the inner corner of my eye and my pupil. So imagine for a second, you've got a pair of eyes. You've got the pupils in the middle, but you have the space between the nose and the pupil. That's the little inner corner, the white bit of your eye. I have a theory that the bigger the white in the inner corner, the more attractive you are. I googled this because I thought this is quite confusing. I haven't heard of it before. And it's a thing.
Speaker 2: It's a thing. It's a thing. I thought it was a thing.
Speaker 3: I know about Sampaku eyes, where you can see the whites of your eye below your pupil and above the bottom of your eyelid, so when you're looking straight ahead, there's white below your iris.
Speaker 2: But this is a bit different. What is this.
Speaker 4: I don't like that look, Okay, It is called interpupillary distance, which is how it sounds inter pupil distance between the pupils and the bit.
Speaker 3: So it's almost like the more distance there is between the two pupils.
Speaker 2: Generally the better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, got it, because further apart eyes are supposedly more attractive than close to us.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, so you think the middle or the right is the most attractive.
Speaker 4: The right is the most attractive where there's the most place between the pupils.
Speaker 3: I can see that this is a very specific thing for you to notice, especially straight away on me and my brother.
Speaker 2: Immediately, Oh, it's eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think I can see, like when I look at attraction on people or qualities I find attractive.
Speaker 2: For me, it's a vibe.
Speaker 3: I'm not really good at singling out characteristics on faces that I find attractive. I just don't get it, especially because of how they look on different people. So I might say, I like big eyes, What are big eyes?
Speaker 2: Are they rounded? Are they Steve Buscemi big eyes?
Speaker 3: You have big eyes? Then you might say, are like small eyes? What are small eyes? Do we have small eyes?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You've talked about big noses before, and I'm like, but what is a big nose?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 3: Is it a wide nose? Is it like a hook nose? It's too confusing totally, And yeah, I'm not perceptive enough. But even when looking at this picture of this guy, which you could all see, it'd be very helpful, It would be so helpful. But yeah, it's like the further part the pupils, the more smoldering and enticing it is, which a siren medusa.
Speaker 4: If you want an example, look up Edward Cullen aka Robert Patterson.
Speaker 3: He has quite he has it too. That's like a track like as I just have him on my phone. Well, and you think you're a witch? This is crazy to me. Okay, I'm looking at him pupils. I need the diagram again. I need to see like can I see him? I need to see his pupils in and his pupils out for me to.
Speaker 2: Know wax damn.
Speaker 4: Well, that's like, go take a look in the mirror. I hope you enjoy what you see, and just think about that next time you're assessing faces.
Speaker 3: Think about more reasons to be attractive that you can't change.
Speaker 2: Spiral spiral flex and for rooms.
Speaker 4: I was at a party the other day Flexiti and I was talking to one of my best friend's boyfriends. His name is Harry, and he has a very particular way of taking a poopy and I got a voice note about it.
Speaker 1: I haven't not taken a shit cross legged in about four years, and since I started doing that, they just slide right out. Any conservation problems out the window across your leg. You know what I read on the internet. I read on the internet.
Speaker 5: It just works. Apparently, this is.
Speaker 1: How the summarizes to take shits in their armor. So they were a lot of armor and the only way they could.
Speaker 5: Take a shit is I had to do that.
Speaker 1: But actually at a lines of bows in the same way they attacking a squat lines your boughs because you're because he is going higher than your heir, So like lines, you spine with your boughs and it just slides out.
Speaker 2: I mean, wow, very believable.
Speaker 3: But I just don't understand the physical just.
Speaker 2: Like the ergonomics of it. Actually, what you're doing right now, I can't.
Speaker 3: Cross the other one on top, like if he's crossing sitting as if you were sitting on the floor and primary school, crossing both seat under each knee.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could do that on a toilet seat. I don't have enough balance or seat space for that.
Speaker 3: Like this seat is quite big, true, but a toilet seed is quite narrow.
Speaker 2: How do you get both up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I guess you could to use this foot of support. Is that a tiny stool?
Speaker 2: Well? Is he petite tall man? He's talking? So they go.
Speaker 4: But yeah, if you want to do more clean snaps in the toilet, if you have the dexterity and the range of movement, I would suggest putting your knee, put your foot on the opposite knee, and kind of like in a figure four or a.
Speaker 2: Classic poop stool.
Speaker 3: If you don't have one, use any kind of seeing a shoe box to elevate your knees higher than your waist.
Speaker 2: It'll slide right out.
Speaker 3: Also, please please please do not strain. Resist the urge to strain and squeeze. It's really bad for your bows. Don't want to hemorrhage anything. What you should be doing is the ha technique. What's that as you are hooking and hucking, it will like move your sphincter in a way that will let your bows flow freely. So if you're on the toilet knees elevated ha ha you say that yeah, or you can motion it, but if you notice it'll like, if you feel your like your lower region moving in context with it, try it. It makes more sense. You've got someone to get out of your system.
Speaker 2: I always do.
Speaker 5: If you've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast. For more, tune in Decater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio