Speaker 1: Look at us. Yes, here we are at the Australian Open living the dream. We are living the dream.
Speaker 2: This is the best summer job of my.
Speaker 1: Life, I think. So. Yeah. Yeah, we got new threads, got new threads. They said, yeah, just get what you want. Yeah. It was like a shopping spree. It was. And look at your outfit. I have to say, you look amazing. I did panic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was like, what am I going to get? And I was just going to go shorts and a shirt. And then I saw this and I feel like I'm in the seventies.
Speaker 1: It's like seventies drug lord or that you have you run a some kind of a Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: I've got a vape shop.
Speaker 1: The big collar. Can you pop the collar and give us a look? What that is? Oh my god? Look at this? Is this?
Speaker 2: Is this?
Speaker 1: It is this? The look? That's the look. The color is up.
Speaker 2: It is giving Dracula.
Speaker 1: It is giving Dracula. Yeah, count who count? Who? This is it?
Speaker 2: I just need a couple of gold chains. I need some rings. Yeah, maybe a bum bag.
Speaker 1: Oh what would you keep in the bum bag of the drugs? Should stuff?
Speaker 2: I don't know what?
Speaker 1: Welcome to pod a labor arena. It is right. My name is Mike Goldstein. I am one of the hosts, and my lovely co host is Lizzie who.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, we talk about tennis and I just got a look of myself and the camera.
Speaker 1: You're vamping. You don't like it. I love it. I love it. I do love it. I think you love it a little too much.
Speaker 2: You're I'm gonna be wearing it every day, even in forty degrees. I'm wearing this truck.
Speaker 1: You have to think and uh yeah. This is the first ever of the Pod Labor Arena podcast and it's about to overtake every single podcast in the world, be it sports related or not. We're coming for you. Joe Rogan, Joe.
Speaker 2: Rogan, Mel Robbins Diary of the CEO. You're going to get bumped.
Speaker 1: Did you say diarrhea of the CEO of the CEO? Oh? I thought you said diarrhea. It may as well be called that. I really don't like that guy. I'd listen to that one because the name is pod labor Arena. Yes, uh, the great yes, yes, yes, yeah. We're going to be telling cracking jokes. We're going to be bringing you gossip, gossip all the tea facts.
Speaker 2: Yes, what we hear around the ground.
Speaker 1: The gossip segment could be called serving down the tea.
Speaker 2: We're just serving the tea, serving down, serving the tea, serving the tea, serving the tea. Yeah, we'll get the gossip from the holes because we're in the we're in the medium.
Speaker 1: We're out here where around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people don't know who we are. Who are these tennis chumps in their outfits?
Speaker 1: We are posers, but we're also tennis fans from way back. Yes, we're both stand up comedians that have a history of tennis in our lives. Yeah. I used to play as a kid. I stopped playing when my brother got way better than me and would absolutely destroy me, and so I turned to skateboarding and a life of crime. This is sad. This is sad. You could skateboard around here, though. Put the ball boys on skateboards. I'd watch that.
Speaker 2: Yeah during the game, Yeah, love that. Just Allie into a kickflip over the net. Yeah, it'd be sick.
Speaker 1: There were other titles for the podcasts that were floated around uh Andy Poddick.
Speaker 2: When Mike says there were other titles, the only other person floating other titles was Mike. Yes, he was a really happy with pod Labora.
Speaker 1: Look it's grown up. He told me, I don't hate him.
Speaker 2: Tell us the other names that you want to I liked.
Speaker 1: We cannot be serious.
Speaker 2: Yes, I also did like that.
Speaker 1: But I think McEnroe has some kind of trademark copyright on the catchphrase you got served. Yeah. Yeah, but that's like what you say when someone like dances up on you.
Speaker 2: See you think that.
Speaker 1: I think it. I've never heard that before.
Speaker 2: I think it's when someone gives you, like a legal thing or tries to sue you.
Speaker 1: Right right, Oh that's it. Yeah, yeah, you got served in that way. But also if someone like comes up and starts like popping.
Speaker 2: And locking serving.
Speaker 1: Yeah you've been served. Wow. I could be wrong. Maybe this is an American thing. I didn't know that. Yeah, in American schools we're all, you know, serving each other. Yeah, the final one, well, dropping a deuce?
Speaker 2: Do you think the Australian open I don't think, because like we're part, we're under their umbrella. This isn't a separate thing that you and I are doing. No, we're employed by this.
Speaker 1: We are we're wearing the gear. The gear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think they would go for dropping.
Speaker 1: No, the Australian Open brings you dropping a deuce. We're giving an our editor and producer a lot of work. They're really going to have to chop a lot of this out.
Speaker 2: But if you've got any complaints, email us all things you want to say, or things you want to suggestions, suggestions, general feedback.
Speaker 1: Serve it down the tee to us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at at tennis dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to hear all the feedback.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want dick pics. I want I'm actually.
Speaker 1: Sends credit picks. Yeah, and I just want some friendly you know, banter and feedback affirmation. Doing well, Mike hanging this, but seriously, right in if you have anything for us at Podlabor at tennis dot com dot au. I quite like pod Labor, you do.
Speaker 2: I like Rod and I've got a history with the Labor family, do you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was a tennis kid.
Speaker 2: Also also very similar story to you.
Speaker 1: My brother was a lot better than me.
Speaker 2: And so he kind of took over per usual. No, he was very good and I just kind of, yeah, I guess so it's too small, small kid.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't mean it to sound like were you like you're huge.
Speaker 2: No, No, I was a really tiny Like I'm normal now, but I was a really tiny kid and then playing like really tall kids, I just got dominated. Yeah. But Rod Laver's nephew, Ken Lavor Ken Labor Ken Laver was my coach.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And my mom Boston was like, are you any relation to Rod? I have to ask, and he said, yeah, I'm his nephew. Wow, I know that's fact checked.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he was coaching in Brisbane, Brisbane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Laffy's Tennis Center, which doesn't exist anymore.
Speaker 1: Laffy's. Yeah, that sounds like a like the name of a comedy club. Laffy's. Yeah. I'm Matt Laughy is all weekend come check it out next week. I'm at the Chuckle Hut.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Laffy's Tennis Center. It was a beautiful tennis center. Yeah, actually, but I think it's houses.
Speaker 1: And he was the club pro Ken Labor, he was just one of them. He was just one of them. Yeah, okay, I mean I.
Speaker 2: Was little, like he was coaching real little kids tennis.
Speaker 1: Did you know you were in the presence of absolutely not someone's uncle's greatness.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, that went way over our heads. We didn't know who that was. I've got something to show you, Mike, all right, because I was home at Christmas time and I went through my albums and I have a coaching report from can Labor.
Speaker 1: What I know.
Speaker 2: It's mink and dish. It's been in like a sealed album.
Speaker 1: Is this Is this like an Asian thing where they keep every test you've ever done your parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not even a good report.
Speaker 1: It's not a good report. It's that good. You brought shame on your family. Yeah. Well that's why my brother was so much better.
Speaker 2: I was the only thing he says that I'm okay is my forehand shows good technique, right backhand, hit the ball early. The rest is just feedback, serve more flexibility on the power loop.
Speaker 1: On the power loop, move.
Speaker 2: Side on, smash, rack it down, back set plate shows good technical ability. You can't teach that.
Speaker 1: That's all right, remarked.
Speaker 2: Still developing the serve action more will improve your game.
Speaker 1: It's not great. Great, it's not a great.
Speaker 2: How old were you though, I don't know, Yeah, I reckon it might have been like ten nine or ten.
Speaker 1: Right, So if there was a like a letter marek on this.
Speaker 2: I reckon, this is a bee.
Speaker 1: This is a bee. Yeah, that's tough. Would your dad have been proud of this? Why did they save this?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It's just in one of my albums. My dad probably wasn't proud of it. He used to hide in the bushes, It's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I watched me play and I couldn't see him, and all I would hear was his comments like hit harder, more killer instinct from the bushes, from the MUSHes, and I'd be like, oh my god, my dad's here somewhere.
Speaker 1: This is so camouflage.
Speaker 2: No, he's just dark skins.
Speaker 1: You couldn't see him in the bush. So why is he hiding in the bushes? Was there no refer to to?
Speaker 2: I think he just wanted to put me off right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my dad used to hide in the bushes outside the tennis courts at our high school, but for very different reasons.
Speaker 2: Mister doctor goldstin doctor ghosted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't go to five years of medical school to be called mister when he's in his trench coat outside the tennis courts, bring back the flasher. You never see him anymore? Yeah, so all right, Yeah, this is the laffy Tennis Center. Good for them. The coaching report and it was signed off by Ken Labor. This is huge. We'll put her on the wall. Good tactical ability.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: That is good.
Speaker 2: I'm happy with that, I know.
Speaker 1: And then this is all kind of good advice. Move side on to the volley. That's all fair enough. I think this is more of a bat plus.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I'll take it.
Speaker 1: But I'd still I would still be disappointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not best in the class, that's for sure. This is quite serious though, this show. There's some serious segments in it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't wait we do. I guess. There's some thoughtful, sophisticated segments on this show throughout the AO, none more so than this one. I was not expecting that that sounded like Arnie chop On.
Speaker 2: This is a segment obviously called whose grunt is this?
Speaker 1: Whose grunt is this? We'll be going through various grunts and if you could pick the player, where do you win? Exactly more grunts?
Speaker 2: You can email us and tell us you pick the player?
Speaker 1: Well, should we do well? Reply? Should we do a couple of test grunts? Yes? All right, let me see if you can tell me who this girl. I don't even know who it is, so I'll be playing as well. First grunt? Mm, should we do it again?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Oh?
Speaker 1: Is that? I know who it is is? No? One more time. He's been called out for this. People have made memes and they write that as b w e h exclamation point. What I know who it is? Should I say? Yeah? That is Andre rube Lev correct? Whoa mike? What so that?
Speaker 2: That's that's how he says.
Speaker 1: It's another thing he's been made fun of because they reckon he's saying, it becomes in the pod. Yeah, so I got the first grunt? Not too boe boy?
Speaker 2: Are we good?
Speaker 1: We'll do one more as a tester, but we have many more grunts to come. One more grunt? Can you go again? Okay? So that starts as a do you think that's a dude or not? No? That ends like a higher pitched one more time. Okay, I think this is a deep cut. You might not know this well. I'm pretty sure she's retired, But I just I have that low grunt to the high imprinted in my memory from watching a lot of matches from at least six or seven years ago. Does that help it all? I don't think you'll get Yeah, I think this is Francesca Skia Vona.
Speaker 2: What did you put these grunts together?
Speaker 1: I did not. I did not do the grunt compilation. Wow, I just in my spare time listen to grunts in isolation to prepare from the bushes. I get in the bushes and I just I'm a big grunk guy. Never knew that about you. They used to call me Michael Grunstein. Oh that's cool, that is cool the first time. Welcome to the segment. We are calling.
Speaker 2: Headline Calls famously made that one up.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Michael, use my phone name please, Sorry Michael, No, God, damn sorry, thank you Headline Calls. This is all the news going on in the tennis world at the moment. There's a lot to cover, a lot of drama. Yeah, we're in the opening week right now of the Australian Open. There's tournaments obviously happening in the lead up the I guess it was a tournament. It was more of an exhibition match. Yeah, it wasn't a tournament at all. The Battle of the Sexes happened at the end of twenty twenty five. Nick Kurrios versus Arena, Sabolenka, did you watch any of it?
Speaker 2: I watched the highlight. I watched a mini match.
Speaker 1: A mini match, Yeah, what is it? What's your takeaway?
Speaker 2: Look, it was entertaining. I think it did what it was meant to do. I mean, I don't love the concept. I didn't like that her court was smaller, right, I felt that you could have just played normal court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hers was nine percent smaller, which is in keeping with the peg. The pay gap, yeah, is it?
Speaker 2: But generally the pay gap.
Speaker 1: The pay gap and then the it was six three six three to Curyos. So how do you feel that the patriarchy is back?
Speaker 2: Oh, they're back in a big way.
Speaker 1: I don't think they have a left I think, honestly, this was not a great look for anybody.
Speaker 2: No, but I think it did like they're managed by the same people. Their management put this event on and then everyone was talking about it. Yeah, so tick done that. They did the job.
Speaker 1: So for promo resh yeah, but for women's tennis maybe.
Speaker 2: Not maybe not so great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I just think, you know, Curios being whatever he is in the world six hundred and seventy one, playing the world number one, But it was they were just messing around out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I feel like they're quite friendly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also to the other thing is, yeah, not a good look for women's tennis, But we can't keep telling women what to do if she wants to play the game, play the game. True.
Speaker 1: She was all in, yeah, I guess, and.
Speaker 2: Probably got a pretty good paycheck from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but got paid nine percent less.
Speaker 2: Yeah the losers feet.
Speaker 1: Ah. Yeah, so the battle of the sexes happened. I don't know what if it was necessary, and it was it was just a big paycheck for both of them and then just kind of screwing around out there. But I'm just happy to know that, you know, men, men are superior, are superior. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, the other big news story was that Nairobi tournament.
Speaker 1: Mm true with the wild card, Yes, the it F Nairobi tournament. The lot of people are calling this the wild card that got in the ray gun of tennis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great analogy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think so. Yeah, it's a low key flex here. She is she is. I mean, she just looks like she's going to.
Speaker 2: The gym, I go on a power walk. I don't think it's not her first time.
Speaker 1: No, and I feel like if someone filmed me, I would look like this on a few shots.
Speaker 2: I think you look better than this. She's still got her spectacles on what were regular glasses.
Speaker 1: She's not even put in contacts. Yeah, what about the other girl?
Speaker 2: Like, would she stayed pretty calm throughout all this?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah, because she's like she only lost three points. I think that was two double faults on her end and then maybe one unforced air and then you'd be like, sweet, I'm through to the second round, Like this is just like a walkover basically, and then I mean it's gone crazy fires.
Speaker 2: It's pretty funny. It's also not a good look for women's tennis.
Speaker 1: Women's tennis is really taking a beating. I would do a Battle of the sexes against that wildcad that's like the only one. So let us know if someone has the contact details for the wild card player and Iirobi and we'll get her on the show. We Curios has pulled out of the Australian Open Singles More Curios News. I think he always was going to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm okay with that. Yeah, I want to see the doubles. Him playing doubles is yeah, special case, the special case.
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if he can conserve his energy for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Did they love the nickname the special case, did they? Yeah? If they had, if they add a third player with a caw.
Speaker 2: And where all what with a special match hood?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean then they could be a Kardashian. That's what I was going for. But I think you took it in a different direction, Lizzie, who always problematic? Am I really? Yeah? So he's out of the singles. I think he wasn't you know, going to be a match fit to play five setters? And but the wild card went to stan Varenka, who I'm a huge which is that's cool? That rules?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that was well. Curios said he wanted to give up his spot for someone more deserving, more you know, young and up and comers coming through.
Speaker 1: But I reckon it was young up and comers stan Varenka, who I thought it had already retire. Yeah, this is his last year. Yeah, man, get around stand the man. I'm thinking hopefully he gets hopefully third.
Speaker 2: He looks all right. He played the United.
Speaker 1: He played the United Cup, So that just happened. I mean. In very recent tennis news, the United Cup was won by Poland last night e Svantek and Huby her Cats her Cats? Yes, yes, do you like Huby? Yeah? I like him? Yeah. Have you heard him speak? It's like Polish Ray Romano. It is like, well, I just think there are other players were they played very good in de Yeah, we'll get him on us. If you met a man named Hubert, would that be a deal breaker?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, especially if he's Polish.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what would like to come with me for dinner? Let that girl that.
Speaker 2: Your white truck like your big color in my country colors small.
Speaker 1: So Poland won the United Cup last night and also the Brisbane tournament. Medvedev is back. He's looking good, He's looking like he's in form. He's also starting to embrace his baldness a little more. Well, yeah, it comes for us all.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, are there any tournaments in Turkey coming up?
Speaker 1: Oh? Maybe, yeah, we should have a segment.
Speaker 2: Who then who's gonna make the second round?
Speaker 1: They get the surgery on day one at the tournament and they have to compete in the rest of the tournament wearing a diaper on with those marks. Oh gosh. MEMBERV won the Brisbane Tournament and the lead up to the AO, taking out Brandon Nakashima, an American player, and then the women. Sable Anka dominated the whole tournament. I think, dominating, always dominating. She's my favorite for the AO. I like her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like CoCom to see Coco.
Speaker 1: Win, Okay, yeah, I don't as Coco hasn't won this before. She's won the US and she's won the French.
Speaker 2: She looks serious.
Speaker 1: She does look serious.
Speaker 2: She looks like she's real focus, real zoned in.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I think she would be good to see go far. But I think Sabolenca is the hot favorite. Yeah. We're not encouraging people to bet, but if you do Sabolenka Ceblenka, Yeah, and if you lose, that's on you. Yeah, bet response kind of responsibly. Ah yeah, So I'm looking forward to the doubles with Coconakas and kyriosed well, they had that.
Speaker 2: They were at the Brisbane International as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they went out early though, I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they won their first game and then they went out to some frenchmen. I remember their names. This is the kind of intel I've bring him.
Speaker 1: They were French.
Speaker 2: They played well, they beat the Special Case, but after Cokakis's first game. That was his first That doubles game was his first game back since having surgery. So that was his first game back in twenty twenty five. He hadn't played for a year.
Speaker 1: Wow, and he cried, he cried.
Speaker 2: We love to see a king cry. It's beautiful, it's good for women.
Speaker 1: Well, he cried, but he's also playing with a dead man's ligament in his chest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had a peck operation. Yeah, and he got a cadava tendon from someone's achilles inserted into his peck.
Speaker 1: Wow, So who is that guy?
Speaker 2: That's who I want to know, is who is the dead man that we can attribute Coki Nascus has come back.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, and you'd want like a.
Speaker 2: Some sort of pluck on your gravestone exactly.
Speaker 1: He owes any coming victory.
Speaker 2: Most of my body in this ground except my achilles, which can be found.
Speaker 1: My chest achilles. If you could have any dead person's body part, who and why i'd have?
Speaker 2: I think i'd have piano players fingers. Okay, what about you, Mike, if you wanted a dead man's body part or dead woman's oh.
Speaker 1: Dead one.
Speaker 2: Equal opportunity opportunity famously.
Speaker 1: Right, I think I would take Margaret Thatcher's brain. No, no, no, not at all. I think any person's body part for my own dead would have to be. I would do Marilyn Monroe's personality. He's going to be mister present that anyone else that you would do well.
Speaker 2: Michael Jackson's feet, I would do this.
Speaker 1: Right. I was worried you're going to say Michael Jackson's hands, Lizzie. Another segment we'll be doing for pod Labor or Arena will be fashioned Please.
Speaker 2: We're going to be out in the grounds.
Speaker 1: Too, are Now we're going to be judging people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and talking to you and giving you real time feedbus.
Speaker 1: I've seen a few interesting fits already, I have.
Speaker 2: I've seen some great ones.
Speaker 1: And then for our listeners, this is Stefano Sits a pass turning up to the Adelaide Airport dressed in a leopard print ensemble.
Speaker 2: Brown leopard print.
Speaker 1: What do you think? Wow? This is it?
Speaker 2: You know what it looks like is he had a one night stamp like an older woman and he had to get out really quickly, and he's like, just grab the fuzzing easel and he's like.
Speaker 1: Well this will do. Yeah. So he's thinking he stole this from like an Miami grandmother. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Honestly we have the same clothes algorithm on the iconic always pops up for me.
Speaker 1: The flare at the bottom y is wild. It does look very uh.
Speaker 2: I like it. I don't mind it. It does look like fun mom doing school pickup. She's recently divorced.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, loves the rose.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, she's trying to get it like she still parties on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Still parties on the weekend, loves cutting loose those flares. They should make them play in that So I mean, okay, do you think since a pass outfit leading the charge not a fashion faux pae, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to give it an eight out of ten. Yeah, eight out of ten. Brilliant, Yes, eight out of ten.
Speaker 1: Pipa hides of course, our sponsor, our sponsor for the podcast. We've got a bit of a mystery one here for the fashion Police.
Speaker 2: Weird we got Oh look, I agree that is brilliant.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: What we're seeing is a lady in a boda hat is that what you can boda hat? And she's put AstroTurf all over it and made it into a court. It's I'm into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that she got the glue gun out and she went crazy.
Speaker 1: It's crafty, it's very crafty. Did you wear that? I think I would, just because it's it's so bit barbershop, barbershop quartety yeah. So yeah. This is the opening week of the Australian Open Heaps going on the musical acts including Presets and Hot Chip and others.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It is pretty cool mid two thousand. I'm looking forward to and others.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you want to be an and other day.
Speaker 1: I've seen plenty of comedy posters where I'm and more.
Speaker 2: Oh is there a sad button?
Speaker 1: Is there like a yeah? Sore? Looking forward to that.
Speaker 2: So you know what I'm looking forward to. I've never had before.
Speaker 1: What's a shake shack? Wow? I never had it? Never never. You're gonna love it? Yeah? What can I expect? You can expect diabetes? Diabetes, Our major sponsor will give you diabetes. Your foot will fall off you sorry, shake check mouth watering burgers, and then obviously some of the best milkshakes you've ever had.
Speaker 2: Do you think they'll have milk alternatives? I should not be drinking any fool cream milkshake.
Speaker 1: Shake Check actually described the portable toilet that once you're.
Speaker 2: Once you're done, that's where you go and you're out the side of a portal shaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, the cheeseburgers are fantastic and it's going to pair well with a piper hide seat.
Speaker 2: I think it will actually a bit of champagne cheeseburger.
Speaker 1: Why not. That's the best of both worlds.
Speaker 2: And the other thing happening this week, which I'm going to watch on Wednesday night is the one million dollar one point Slam. Properly, I think so, yeah, one million dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. The one million dollar one point Slam is on. It is amazing. It's basically, everyone plays one point and if you win the one point, you can move on to the next round of the tournament. Everyone's competing in it, pros, amateurs, celebrities, celebrities, yes, I think Karl Stefanovic.
Speaker 2: So I've seen the clips from last year's one point Slam and the pro players get really nervous, right because they don't want it because they can they can only hit one serve, so if they fault on the first serve, that's it.
Speaker 1: The amateurs are playing in this. So this is a lot of people from clubs.
Speaker 2: They've been vetted, they've been they have gone through the competition.
Speaker 1: I know they're better than the wild card player from Nairobi can guarantee. Yeah, so anyone amateurs pros. I mean basically, you could have some guy from the Laffey's Tennis center playing Alcoraz in the final.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mister Laffie, mister Laffi. He would actually do pretty well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and your dad will be watching from my dad.
Speaker 2: Who could give it a shot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, get him in there, I know. So. Yeah, the one million dollars one point slam, and off the back of that, we are doing our own little one point slam in studio. In studio, we have our own little makeshift ping pong table over there. I would describe it.
Speaker 2: It's the size of a small door, small door, so it's quite narrow, yes, but long.
Speaker 1: We actually took that off of Grant ten years dressing room. He's very angry. He is angry. Now he has to get changed in the everyone season to decide who's serving in the one point slam. They're doing rock paper scissors. Yeah, that's ridiculous. Yeah, for a million bucks. I starting it with rock paper sure, and I say paper rock scissors. By the way, yeah, what do you say this? Paper rock? So we have all three permutations paper rock, rock, paper scissors. Now it's some yeah, right in and tell us what you.
Speaker 2: Think it is.
Speaker 1: There's only three genders, rock papers. And we will be doing the same for our pick pok turners. Not only will we be playing one point slams in.
Speaker 2: Here every day, every episode.
Speaker 1: Every episode, right, and we're going to keep tally somehow. Maybe ace Man can be across that. Yeah. And then we will be challenging our.
Speaker 2: Guests, yes, and some hopefully some very important tennis guests. Yes, we can actually play against. That'll be pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I know. And you want to play against get fed? Yes. They're all crazy competitive though, so if they lose in this little ping pong match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the table will throw them there.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, So should we do the inaugural one point slam between us and decide who's going to serve by rock paper scissors? Do you have a strategy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I say what I'm going to do before.
Speaker 1: I do it, So you saying what you're going to do, yeah, and then I throw you with something else. But now that I've told you, because but now maybe you're playing mind games and what you say you get, you're actually gonna do. Okay, so I have to take that into I'm gonna go Okay, I'm gonna go rock whoa ready on three? Who all tangled up? Ready?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 1: Yes? All right, So Lizzie serve And should we play it pain pong style or should we pay? Alright? So any listeners who are or anybody watching who's not familiar with pain.
Speaker 2: Pong otherwise called sting pong pong.
Speaker 1: Yes, uh, the losing player the winning player gets to hit the ball at them their back as hard as they can. Yes.
Speaker 2: And we've done a few practice rounds.
Speaker 1: Already, and I have some Weltz and I plan on suing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's like like I'm hanging out like h