Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. Got anything good?
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: It's like at the end of time sometimes this radio station. The other week we're asking you, could you give us some bread because they only let us have bread every two weeks.
Speaker 2: I'm not even a joker. They give us.
Speaker 1: Bread every two weeks and now normally on a Wednesday to Thursday.
Speaker 2: Milk supplies get real low y, yes, yeah, start getting today.
Speaker 1: They wasted five minutes a day going through four different fridges trying to find milk.
Speaker 2: Have you seen real?
Speaker 1: I've brought it into the studio. There is a hummingbird's beak of milk, and I get through about five to six cups per show.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I'm going to make it through the show with my tea. That's hard. That is a hummingbird's beak worth of milk.
Speaker 3: There's stacks of almond and no couches. You can't put those in hot water because they discussed.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, there's nothing worse than that.
Speaker 1: You would think that we are working for some kind of community.
Speaker 2: Outpost radio station. Wouldn't you not the city's biggest radio station. Screwg. Even ABC would have more milk than were asking. This is the bread. We're low on milk.
Speaker 1: They've got hand sanitized that they walked water down to hand cordial. I'm pretty sure, I reckon, they're going to be reducing oxygen levels or we're going to come in one day and it's just like you expect to bring your own candles.
Speaker 2: We're in a show by candle. I reckon.
Speaker 3: They've also turned off, you know, the filtered tap water, like it's not cold anymore, so I reckon, that's saving.
Speaker 2: It's looke warm.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure as well that the lighting around the station isn't as as luminous.
Speaker 2: As it used to be.
Speaker 1: It's like, Sue, the moss has got a dimmer swish at home, and that's what you got that emoji.
Speaker 2: I was right. I called it yesterday, Sue, any who's he Yesterday?
Speaker 1: On the show, Patsy rocked us by saying that when she's making a toasty she doesn't do butter on the outside.
Speaker 2: Crazy crazy, But actually there were quite a.
Speaker 1: Few people saying they don't either, which I don't understand. And then we were talking about butter dishes. Turns out a lot of our listeners, it's not just a fancy English thing, are rocking the butter dish, including Tad listening to us right now in Darwin.
Speaker 2: How can you have that butter outside the fridge?
Speaker 1: You're having milk, Tad, that is not butter. Even in a dish, it won't be able to protect it from the climate of Darwin. Christian, I'm a dairy lover. Do you mean dairy farmer?
Speaker 3: No, just maybe likes their cheese and butter and milk.
Speaker 1: And ros well he grew up milking cows by hand. Oh wow, you know, because that feels like a confession. Now everything in life is context. If it was this I'm a dairy lover, I love cheese, but the dairy lover then going into I grew up milk and cows by hand, especially when Tad the rest of this message goes on to say, so I'm butter on the inside and out.
Speaker 2: Maybe we move on, Yeah, move on anyway, Cad. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: So many emails that came in yesterday after the show. Tom Christian hearing you guys, yesterdy Mo on talk about toast. He's got my mouth water and it had to make one for lunch. Ham mature cheddar slice, tomato on the crucial detail, butter on the outside. What a game changer. Thank you for guiding me towards the light with this. I'm a change man. I never used to put butter on the outside. Tom happy to show you promised land like a Moses. Peter Krishan was on my way to work yesterday. Listen to the show. I have a twist on these. I buy the oversized loaf and make a toasty pie. Oh I don't understand.
Speaker 2: No, I use a pie makeer of this.
Speaker 1: You put so many on the inside, so egg, bacon, tomato, grated cheese, onion. The best part is they have handles from the oversized bread so it's easy to hold. Trust me, this is a winner.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: What I've got a pie maker? Have you from at home that I've never opened. I've got it at km UP. I am happy to bring it in and.
Speaker 2: We try that.
Speaker 1: What is it? What is it?
Speaker 2: Pie maker?
Speaker 3: So it's like a sandwich press. Yeah, circular, No, it's sort of well, the slots are and it might have I think it's got like four or six different actual individual pie holes if you like.
Speaker 2: And you I gections, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And then you just put your pastry and you're filling, and then you put the handle, you know, the lid down and it cooks it like a sandwich press, but for pies.
Speaker 1: So I think that's best left of the pros. I bet you all homemade bikes suck a toasty. You can do that at home to a reasonable standard, can't you. But a pie. I think there's so much more to pie making.
Speaker 2: I would have been in COVID, I remember, because came popping off. You actually went to my friend's house and he did a pie party and they were damien.
Speaker 1: After listening to the show this morning The best way to cook a toasty, I was astonished to return home from work in the afternoon my daughter was cooking one in the air fry w I mean, I love using my air frop but I didn't know you could do a toasty in My daughter tells you wants me to tell you if she's adamant. The only way to get a good combination of crunchy caramelized bread and gooey cheese is the air fryer. I had some not convinced. Give it a go though, Guys, that's from and also this email came in this week. Christian know howe you well, I'm your neighbor sort of. I lived close to the Gold Studios. I had a funny interaction with you once when you tried to get in my car.
Speaker 2: I think you thought it was an uber. I still laugh about one. It's best we let keep that between us, Okay. I don't know how that got through. Christian Connell Show Podcast