Speaker 1: People do some weird ship it food in young people, inhaling the gas from cooking canisters known as names to get high. Some feelings make more sense than others.
Speaker 2: I've done everything for you, but my career on hold.
Speaker 1: I could have been anything if I'd had the talent.
Speaker 3: Brace yourself for observations.
Speaker 1: You didn't ask for his leadership. I think he's one of the greatest leaders we've ever had.
Speaker 3: You well, good, Just a couple of mitches you, one of us be and the other be Mitchell. Just to make things easier.
Speaker 1: Your Mitch, I only call you Mitchell when you're being annoying.
Speaker 3: You always call me Mitchell. Oh no, he is Mitch. Julie and Mitchell kou good.
Speaker 1: And in the same room once again.
Speaker 3: Look at you all. You look younger and refreshed.
Speaker 1: Do you think so?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You do.
Speaker 1: I was actually thinking your hair looks darker. Is there something wrong with the lighting? Or have you done something to your little permit?
Speaker 3: I just haven't washed it in the day. Really, Yeah, you've said this to me before, and she's got oil in it.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, it actually looks good to be honest than yeah, because usually it's just that little bit too fluffy. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Oh, do not like it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I like it, but I'm looking at it now and I'm going, yeah, that's better.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah it's on camera if you can no.
Speaker 1: One can see.
Speaker 3: That's great way to start.
Speaker 1: But yes, we're here, back in the same studio after our Easter isolation episode last week. Let's just double check everyone, two arms length apart social distancing, we're obeying. We're all good.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm touching Jenna's fingernails, but they are twelve inches long. That doesn't count. It's good to be back. My god, I haven't seen Jenna in a couple of weeks. Mitch and I we we chat daily. Best friend. Well you're my best friend.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Last week I didn't say it enough, so we did.
Speaker 1: We did discover that during gold Digger last week, the new segment where I interview you, and now you're the one interviewing me for some gold story you haven't heard before.
Speaker 3: Tracy Grimshaw just kicking a kelpie under the desk. She didn't kick a kelpy.
Speaker 1: Are you going into this with some sort of agenda of what you want to know about me? Or you just going to wing it. Here's the thing, because I went into yours going I'm going to ask about his relationship, I think, But I.
Speaker 3: Didn't expect you to go there. And I have to say I got so many dms like I reckon, like at least upwards of forty of people being like that was so cute. That was beautiful. People I knew followed me that I didn't even realize. Listen to the podcast. It was beautiful.
Speaker 1: Melted my heart.
Speaker 3: It was beautiful. Hayten listened and he actually really liked that.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 3: So you've got some good stuff out of me. So I've been I've been thinking long and hard, but I think I've got some good questions. I think it's going to get deep. I mean, I think this segment will naturally just go to places.
Speaker 1: Yes, I suppose you're not going to ask me relationship questions, are you? There's not much to say that.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to ask you questions that I know the answer.
Speaker 1: To, surely. Fun fact, here's something I haven't told you. I went on a social distance date during the week. You tell me, I am telling you.
Speaker 3: When you called me before you went on.
Speaker 4: The day, he thought you were best friends.
Speaker 3: I thought we were best friends. Too.
Speaker 1: Well, who knows, but I just didn't come up.
Speaker 3: But yeah, was it on zoom?
Speaker 1: No, No, we actually met up. Like the only reason you're allowed to go outside and be with one other person is to exercise, So that's literally all we could do. We just went for a stroll in our active wear and we kept the distance the whole time.
Speaker 3: God well, I mean also, the exercise could be class of so many other things, Jenn, you know what I mean, as long as you're bound the calories.
Speaker 1: No hope, speaking of that, can I tell you it's actually it was really bizarre going on a date where there's literally no physical contact involved. I don't mean sexy time. I mean like we couldn't even like do the oh my god, hi hug thing. Couldn't even do that. Oh no, because obviously, like we're not going to take risks and his mum actually works in healthcare. There was not worth the risks. So we respected it the whole time, and even when we parted ways and said goodbye, when usually on a normal date you'd be like, oh, do we go in.
Speaker 3: For the kids? There're a kid?
Speaker 1: No, we'll obviously not. He literally stuck his foot out to do like a you know, the foot shake or a foot five whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the willhn tap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I said to him ufterwards, I was like, h see, I respect you for following the rules, but little part of me also hates you for it. Yeah, I fucking hate you for it. It was just a weird, like a lot of pressure on the banter. Put it that way because that's the only gauge we had of whether it went well.
Speaker 3: I was just about to say, did you was it banter?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: You know it what it was. But we spoke about it afterwards and we both acknowledged, yeah, that was really weird.
Speaker 3: So what did you do the Bondida Bronte then go home?
Speaker 1: No, we're not the bondider Bronte. It was in my area near the bay Rum. But yeah, that's really all we could do. That's better than nothing. Right second day, Yeah, we're going to see it. Don't make a thing about it. We're going to cheat other again. But yeah, I think everyone needs to follow my example. It's not worth the risk just because your horny as fuck. Oh you can't be spreading the COVID all right.
Speaker 3: I know what you're meaning. Congratulations you show me photos?
Speaker 1: Actually no, no, we're not showing your photos.
Speaker 3: I might prove a bit deeper during gold Dig Up. We're going to do that at the end of the show. I'm also going to call you out on something that you've been mispronouncing.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I know what this is about. And I still may maintained that I'm correct.
Speaker 3: Don't say it you you even when you're wrong. And Jenna, this baffles me, even when you're blatantly wrong. He pretends that he's in the right.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it makes no sense.
Speaker 1: He's er idiot les Normally, I'm normally copping this is.
Speaker 3: All right? Big show. Also, if it's your first time listening, welcome this is Is it just me? We start to show the same way every week with and is it just me? You have to call him an Jim. It's something that we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. My is it just me? Is interesting? It's something that you I don't think you've ever done, which is which is you know you've done it? All think you've ever done it either? But I think everyone else on earth right now is doing it. But let me tell you it's it's really grand of a gears.
Speaker 1: Are you doing it?
Speaker 3: I haven't done it. Oh, I've done it once, but not I'm not not personally, I've done it through someone else. Yeah, that's a strong hook hook of me.
Speaker 1: Sounds like laundering.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, mass murder. All right, why don't we say ready to go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll kick it off.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Thank you badly? Have you found yourself doing a lot more online browsing these days?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: God, not so much online spending because poor. But I just feel like a switch has been flicked in my brain that tells me I need this. I need that. I did get a treadmill, which I would say is necessary bargain. I did, and it's the money I'm saving on a gym membership seeing it's COVID closed that thank you so much. But apparently I saw something that Australia Post is actually busy than they would be at Christmas. So I know for a fact it's not just me. Heaps of people are buying stuff or even chemist stuff even though chemists are open. People are ordering chemist stuff online now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of home workout stuff being ordered online. I thought that even alcohol is up two hundred percent or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my dad runs an alcohol company. Yeah, tell wine cheap rose does the job. He said, they've made more money this quarter. Then jeez, sorry, they've made more money this quarter than they made in Christmas last year.
Speaker 1: Get here you go.
Speaker 4: My brother's the same, he works in for Lathweight's Wine.
Speaker 1: Bigger.
Speaker 3: They're making a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's over. I mean, there's nothing else to do. Everyone's it's constantly shopping, like I don't know, Like I said, I did the treadmill. I ordered scented candles from dust without snipping them. That with an era after yep, I've been looking up. I was like, oh, I need a brand new pair of headphones with a Google Assistant in it. I was shopping for that. I was researching all the different models that I would need, and then I decided against that and thought, no, I'll get a new TV instead. And then I found a new TV that I wanted.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't end up buying Oken coganin you go on Cogain.
Speaker 1: No, it was good, guys, and I found I did all the research. I found the one I wanted, but then it was only available for click and collecting. Dubbo. Yeah, I know, but then how am I supposed to get to it? I don't know, And so I thought, if I can't get the TV I want, I made so it just adopt a cat. And so that was the next rabbit hole I went down.
Speaker 3: You can't even have a cat in your apartment?
Speaker 1: Can you can? Can you?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you should actually get a cat. You'd love a companion. I've done it, not that you, but while you're living, you know, with on your own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not living by myself.
Speaker 3: I have a house, I know, but when you're not, when there's no you know, a companion for yourself.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you so much. I love it. I love this condescending lecture from a person that is in a relationship.
Speaker 3: It could be good for you.
Speaker 4: Fish helps.
Speaker 1: But look, I actually did go online and start looking around for what cat threat for adoption, and I found the most relatable bio ever, Like, seriously, how could you say no to this? Reready? So listen to this? Isabella the oasis of calm. It says, my ideal home, A safe, secure place where I can lay in the sun, watch some birds and be myself. I mean, isn't that the dream I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to call it? How did the cat write this?
Speaker 1: Well, obviously someone wrote it for the news your brain Mitchell's assumeing. No, shut up, it's actually really fine. Okay, this person clearly knows her and has written it on her on her behalf my energy level. I'm a couch potato but love a good pounds when I'm in the mood. She only does it on her terms. My suitability to other cats and dogs. I might be okay with a low key pet that won't get in my face, but I'd prefer to be your one and only. Oh I like this one. My suitability to children a family home won't be a good match for me. I don't like being cuddled or followed around.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they're all you.
Speaker 1: I I love her, it says. While I appreciate human company, I'm also happy left to my own devices, but I'll often wait outside your door to accept a quick pat with queenly dignity. I don't have any outlandish requirements. I'm just happy being in your orbit. You're not that cat, Yes you are.
Speaker 3: You are not that cat.
Speaker 1: I was just I was instantly drawn to that cat, as if I could say, no, did.
Speaker 4: You get Isabella?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look you got them.
Speaker 1: That's my cat. I'm just handing generous selfie.
Speaker 3: No kidding.
Speaker 1: Isn't she cute?
Speaker 3: You got a cat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my cat. Oh my god, it's a sassy, groovy owl cat. Look give me to the phone.
Speaker 3: That's photos.
Speaker 1: There's photos of me with her.
Speaker 3: Which one was this the sassy one or Isabella?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Isabella? I call her bell Bell.
Speaker 4: Oh she's so cute.
Speaker 3: When did you get this cat?
Speaker 1: She moved in over the weekends. I've only had her a few days. It's our first day apart.
Speaker 3: Actually, you went on a date and you got to pussy without telling me. Yeah, thought we were best friends.
Speaker 1: I'm saving it for the podcast base.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I deliberately didn't put anything on social media about this, any reaction from you, you piece of ship. I wanted to bring it up really nonchalantly.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I dropped something off to your house the other day, and all I didn't realize I was a door between a cat and you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why do you think I didn't let you in? I was like, thank you, just drop the SD car and go.
Speaker 3: I ever said that I'll come in. He said no, no, no social distancing. He's been quite good. Oh my god, I got a pussy behind that door.
Speaker 1: I do and she's so hold on, give me, I'll let me find a phod if we Apparently she had kittens when she wasn't fully grown herself, and I didn't know that that. Apparently if a cat has kittens before it's fully grown, its stunts its growth permanently. So I've just got this permanently tiny cat. Look at how close to the ground she is. She's got the shortest, dumpiest legs you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: She looks like grumpy cat.
Speaker 1: She's so cute.
Speaker 3: What's her name?
Speaker 1: Is a BELLA is a bell?
Speaker 3: What do you call a bell?
Speaker 1: Isabella Marie? Actually, no, I call a bell bell?
Speaker 3: And she didn't cost you a fee?
Speaker 1: Of course she costs me a thing. Oh my god, what do your mouth like?
Speaker 3: You've got it for free adoption.
Speaker 1: No, you have to pay to adopt because they do all the desexing in the worming and all that stuff, and the micro chipping and stuff. Oh, but it was worth it. Apparently it's an essential service. They give you a letter so that if you get pulled over you can say, no, animal rescue is an essential service. I'm allowed to be out of the house.
Speaker 3: Well, I was reading the animal you know they're euthanizing rescue animals at such a high rate. These days, people aren't adopting and.
Speaker 1: That's what made me want to adopt the cat, because with all the jobs being lost, people are surrendering their pets because they can't afford to feed them as well.
Speaker 3: That's awful.
Speaker 1: And yes, I don't know. I'm a fragile mess these days. I'm like, I need a cat.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 1: I'm actually really that's really cuetale. Oh my god. I had to jump through some fucking hoops for that girl. I'll tell you what I had to do. A FaceTime with the cat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did the did the breeder behind the camera talk for her?
Speaker 1: She was in a foster home. So this particular charity you can actually sign up. I think other charities do this, so anyone interested look it up. You can sign up to be the foster care so you look after the cat while it's waiting to be adopted. Oh got it, So you have it in the interim, yes.
Speaker 4: Similar to my greyhound.
Speaker 3: You don't know your ground, yes I do.
Speaker 4: But she had a foster family, yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, And so in all seriousness, I actually think that if anyone out there has been considering getting a hat for a while, and you're in a position to do so. Now would be a good time, because it actually is a bit of a The COVID has even impacted animal shelters.
Speaker 4: Make sure you know that you can look after a life.
Speaker 3: Yes, quarantine, Yeah, well you're isolated now. It seems like a good idea, But when you have to go back to work exactly, don't leave it in a two bedroom unit.
Speaker 1: Well no, little Bell Bell is very self sufficient and says she doesn't.
Speaker 3: So how long have you had her at this point?
Speaker 1: Not even a week?
Speaker 3: How's it been? Has she been crying at night? Has there been dramas bonding?
Speaker 1: She well, she's warm to me quite quickly, actually, which is nice. She she doesn't like new people and she doesn't like masculine voices, so it's fine. She creates men. She makes like no noise. But when she does, it's like this really butchered me out. She's like, oh she's a lesbian for sure. Bells pussy do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh now the thing I'm the genuine question. Don't cats get heat whatever it's called.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they go and heat. But she's interfect.
Speaker 3: Oh, because my dog still humps a toy, but and there's jaculate on there. He's been desexed and I want to pick it up. The other day, no joke, and I went, it's crunchy, and I went, what's happened to someone spilled milkonte?
Speaker 1: Oh the dog was humping up Mitchell. I want you to feel like this is a safe space where you can share anything. But in the same breath, I don't want to hear about your dog spoffing to Okay, I just don't. Sorry, you don't hear from me, old fashioned? I don't no, I.
Speaker 3: No, no, I feel you. You don't want to hear about my kvoodles doodle no stand? I understand. Oh, congratulations, are very happy for you.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Jenna got to show fish. You've got a show cat. I need to get something.
Speaker 1: You've got a fucking horny dog.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh my turn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go for it.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: It's Bradley all right into him this week?
Speaker 3: It's change isolation made him go crazy.
Speaker 1: Brad tone it down a bit and go again.
Speaker 3: Is it just me? Is everyone with an Instagram account suddenly going.
Speaker 1: Live multiple times?
Speaker 3: I'm so over it. I don't want to know what Hugh Sheridan is doing. I ain't thirty at night. I couldn't give a shit about a penny long.
Speaker 4: Senator tell you that Delta Gooodrim has just started a.
Speaker 3: Live I bet she's singing put it to the microphone.
Speaker 1: In that moment and feeling like, okay, this is the song.
Speaker 3: Turn that dribble off. I am so over it, Jenna, I'm over Delta. Everyone has decided to use the live feature. And don't get me wrong, when Isolation first started, I actually was all around it. Everyone was like, I'm doing the Isolation Hour, or I'm doing We've got a good friend Nick Kelly who is doing the Isolation Hour, and he interviews as the artist, like Nick is a music person in the industry.
Speaker 1: Great, That's the thing. I don't mind when there is something planned and happening in the Instagram live. But I don't like when people just get up there and go, hey, Janis I know it was.
Speaker 3: The worst, Hey Alex David, Hey hey Jacob. It's like for ten minutes they say hi to everyone you join.
Speaker 1: There's no guarantee those people are actually watching. When you say hi, just click their notification and swiped away.
Speaker 3: They've always got three people watching my good friend. We all know it, Zoe Marshall. Right, lovely lady, massive influencer, always has upwards of ten thousand watching her lives. She's just sitting there with a baby, and I'm like, God, give him a fucking rusket and shove him in the closet. No one wants to see. We're friends. I can say that, and just no.
Speaker 1: I did a TikTok live for the first time the other day. It actually went rather well. I joined it and said, hih, that's right. It's awkward that you brought this up because I was going to suggest that we do more Instagram lines.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, here's the thing. I haven't got to my point yet. If you have a reason to be live, I love it. But when you're nobody, don't fucking go live.
Speaker 4: But some celebrities, they're just reading the comments as well. They're like, funny, well.
Speaker 3: She's see Michael Buboy went live. Now he's coming backlash because he punched his wife. What can you get the footage up to show me?
Speaker 1: Bring it up on newser so I can hear the sound tie me to the what.
Speaker 3: No, apparently I haven't actually seen heard the audio, but I've seen he elbows that Swedish woman in the break Oh my god, I actually can I play something I've got loaded very quickly? Then we'll get the boob blog. Yeah, this was my example. You don't watch the Kardashians, but I do. Mason dissick right. He is the eldest kit, the Kardashian kid, the first one ever born, so he's like ten now, and he just got Instagram, right, so he knows the ins and outs of the Kardashian family, which they make their money on. They hold it, they do it on the reality TV show. They sell the story Kylie and I got who have a child together? You can tell him about that, on and off, on and off, on and off. TMZ reported on again. Great Mason gets Instagram, goes Instagram live without telling anyone, and this is what happens. Kileen Travis are not back together live and someone said Kylie and Travis together, No, they're not together, Like it doesn't mean anything to him, but that is a million dollar story they could have told. And then Courtney gets up and just has to pretend that it was because you know, he was too young.
Speaker 5: And he started in Instagram like yesterday and what didn't ask us? And so I did delete it because Scott and I just felt like he is in.
Speaker 4: He's ten.
Speaker 3: That's not the reason.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, giving out family secrets.
Speaker 3: Just be honest.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if the Kardashians were a strawling youth would have heardson? Don't you talk about Hornie Coyly without her permission?
Speaker 3: Don't you mean what happened on Christmas?
Speaker 1: It's funny you say that. I don't watch the Kardashians. Literally last night I got how You. I'm on the trial. I started watching Kardashians. God, it's great switching off with the it's brilliant. I don't have to think at all.
Speaker 3: You should use my log and I get it for free. If yeah, I get how You, Disney Plus for free, Netflix for free, Stand for free. I get all of them for free.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Jenny, you could never accuse him of not being relatable, could you?
Speaker 3: I just offered you my login. Sorry, it's fine, but Disney Plus I got it for free last week and they sent me a baby Yoda. Sorry, I'm really digressing. I don't know how I got added to that list. Yeah, of course they send me to Disneyland.
Speaker 1: For free.
Speaker 4: I'm not an influencer that happens to the best.
Speaker 3: I could billy walk around the park. I was exhausted. I'm not a good poster child for Disney. I'm over there anyway. I'm over live. I'm gonna get you the Michael Bubay to finish on because this is a prime example of going live isn't always the best option, because he's got a whole lot of negative press. Come over here, Midge.
Speaker 1: Can you not bring it up on the YouTube? Yeah, Jenna found it. Play it through the desks. Everyone else fucking here.
Speaker 3: Jenna turned that off.
Speaker 6: He was too aggressive.
Speaker 1: I love those hollow report That an welcome to Clever news.
Speaker 3: Yeahs my favorite of the ones. It's like welcome to watch Mojo.
Speaker 6: I watch defends her husband Michael Bouble after video spark concern for her safety. Like many other Luisana and Michael are doing their part to entertain the coronavirus outbreak by going live on social media from their home. In one of their recent Instagram live videos, you saw the singer elbow his wife in her side after she spoke over him, prompting her to apologize. He then pulled her into an embrace, but some believe he was too aggressive guys on Forever.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, not such a spunk after all, and.
Speaker 3: Then a bit of a terrible Sorry, I'll move on. Here's a question for you.
Speaker 7: Is this podcast better than listening to the sound of screeching breaks? If you ends, yeah, you should leave a five star rating on the Apple podcast app you're listening to.
Speaker 3: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: That was woefall.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to follow us me Spotify too.
Speaker 3: He was a five star review. Please. You can also follow our secret Facebook group, Enduring Idiots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you have to listen to the show in order to be able to answer the entry question. We can't say too much.
Speaker 3: It's like a year two rubric. It's not that hard to get in. The questions are very simple, very secret though, Yeah, very true. We should stop talking about it. So I actually wanted to bring something up with you, Mitch. I don't really have a bone to pick with you. As you know, I say biens and I stand by it. I mean that's my speech impediment.
Speaker 1: Which is something we discovered in the middle of this show. You would just say talking about blind normally, Yeah, And I noticed that there was an extra syllable, and I don't recall you ever admitting that you were wrong, even though it's quite clear to everyone that blions is not how you say it.
Speaker 3: But I'm not adding an extra syllable, Mitchell, curse it's a lions blions.
Speaker 1: That's two you've added too, but it's only one.
Speaker 3: This is your segment, Melanie Smith, throw it into injury. Idiot's a great fan of the show, love it a bit, she says, Mitchell, I've got a bone to pick with you. Remember a little while back you made a point of pormitch couldn't bring more Melanie a little any orphan, saying bien's which is so wrong by the way, bitch, I should have read forward. Well, I was scrolling through TikTok and came across your Corona dad joke. You say extremely you give it an extra syllable, she said. It got me wondering, what do people have trouble saying you do you put an extra syllable in extremely.
Speaker 1: So she's saying that I say it with four syllables extremely yes, which to me sounds extremely correct. No, when you say it an insentence like that, Mitchell, I'm extremely disappointed in you. It doesn't sound wrong, and I maintain that I'm correct.
Speaker 3: You sound like a library teacher when you forgot to give back del to request at the library. This is extremely late.
Speaker 1: You're putting too much emphasis on the extra syllable. You're extremely.
Speaker 3: I don't like you realize how you talk after.
Speaker 4: Hearing you say I don't.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound wrong, But apparently everyone.
Speaker 4: Like extremely or something.
Speaker 1: I think extremely with three syllables sounds too rushed. It sounds like you've tripped over and you've like skipped a breath. You're like extremely, Yeah, that's how it said me. No, it sounds incorrect to me. Extremely.
Speaker 4: Can you say it extremely?
Speaker 1: I heard an extra syllable in Genda's one go again Extremely.
Speaker 3: No, she's changing it all more time.
Speaker 1: Okay, close your eyes, don't pick it. Don't pick a loyalty sentence.
Speaker 4: Using the sentence I was extremely excited.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm kind of getting a bit of a skew.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's because I said it slowly in this particular tip top.
Speaker 3: I said extremely, can you use it in a sentence?
Speaker 1: Go Mitchell? I am extremely frustrated right now that sounded that was a bit much because I said but.
Speaker 3: It doesn't sound bad.
Speaker 1: But you just because it's correct. That's why it doesn't sound bad.
Speaker 3: A poll on your Twitter. I did get the results up.
Speaker 1: They weren't in my favor, but that just means everyone on twitter's wrong.
Speaker 3: Give us the percentage.
Speaker 4: No, it does goodne I.
Speaker 1: Put a Twitter poll in ninety one percent say that I'm incorrect, But fuck them. That's what I have today. That's a massive majority because Twitter clowns are always correct.
Speaker 3: Don't get me said on Twitter. Clouds not this week. Check out a lot this Instagram pushed in.
Speaker 1: The comments speaking of clouds. No, go look at the photo of me with the bunny on on Instagram. Oh you'll understand how you're been thinking about it.
Speaker 3: I get like a little rat. Okay, I think you're wrong, and I've even found the Oxford Dictionary YouTube and they're going to pronounce extremely in the Oxford Dictionary correct. Ready, here we go.
Speaker 1: Extremely. Yep, extremely, she's from posh British bitch, fucking as if she's gonna know extremely incorrect?
Speaker 2: Did you hear that? What?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Where is that coming from?
Speaker 3: Auto played the next video. I thought Boltimort was in here. Oh my god, that was terrifying guys. Go back and listen to that. There is a spirit in the studio, But it's actually just this guy saying, sir, chare ready, what's going on? Holy ship?
Speaker 1: Okay, you're wrong, beacha for the first time, running extremely late? Can we can we move this along?
Speaker 3: I'd meet you're wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 3: I've got a sad effects. You're wrong. Jesus Christ. Oh we love you though for all your faults, even though you're extremely wrong.
Speaker 1: Let's jump here, extremely did I?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm a gold digger.
Speaker 1: And moved along very swiftly.
Speaker 3: There, jan to put your jacket on, you'll get you put it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm not I wasn't committed to the theater of the mind. Play the opener again. It's a gold digger time.
Speaker 3: I'm a gold digger.
Speaker 1: Lad's first yet and you get out of the lift.
Speaker 4: Oh it's cold down here.
Speaker 3: I'm putting on my bestis jacket.
Speaker 1: The other day.
Speaker 3: I think I've got the black lung Papa all these days down here.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what are we are doing today?
Speaker 3: Like panini at Cafe Sydney I'm grilling, yeah, all right? Or at Jamaica blue, but the lunchtime special, We're getting the club sandwich and I'm pressing you down.
Speaker 1: So the aim of gold Digger, if you haven't heard it, it's where we interview each other, searching for golden stories that we didn't already know about each other. I have hit you with two you didn't know. This week. I have a cat and I went on a social distance day. Is that not enough for you? I feel it was?
Speaker 3: Yould just ended the segment. Now should we just go home? See you, guys, we got what we needed.
Speaker 4: We're down in the mine, and of.
Speaker 3: Course we're down here. It takes a while to get back up there. So sit down, relax, hard, hats on the two of you.
Speaker 4: Nice.
Speaker 3: Don't be nervous. Don't be nervous because these are actually questions that I don't know the answer to and our listeners don't know the answer to. So I'm just going to quickly start. Let me pick it up.
Speaker 1: Jenna, did you the pick axe? I told you to pack it?
Speaker 4: No, I told Mitch too.
Speaker 1: Have you got it? Okay, we're good. We're good.
Speaker 4: For goodness sake, there we go.
Speaker 3: Alright, I'm digging in. Watch out, watch your eyes, all right, this, Mitch, is how our origin.
Speaker 1: Story, our origin story. A lot of people don't actually know, but this is meant to be things that you don't know. You were there, bro, No, I'm not.
Speaker 3: Asking about me. I know where I was. Oh, I had to know where you were when you met.
Speaker 1: Little old Jenner, Little old Jenner, Little old Jenner.
Speaker 3: I know you guys are friends. Don't worry. We're getting deeper, just starting now. If this is we get through the error.
Speaker 1: We worked at a social media startup company together. I was like, you know those bloody videos we just watched in fact where it's like a pop culture update with it like welcome to Clever News. It was like that, but it was me being like, this is amplifying our Troy Savanna's released a new song blah blah blah, and so I was on camera and then they brought in this new editor because the editor was going on hold. And I think I've told this story.
Speaker 4: Before and I was not an editor, and I told everyone I do not edit.
Speaker 3: So you were the new editor?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, And she wasn't an editor, so she learned how to edit in the weekend before she started the job. And I remember saying to a colleague. This bitch can't edit for shit. But now I know that she was literally just winging it because she wanted to work at the same company. So I was like, that's impressive. And then I don't know, we just kind of got to know each other from work, and then we went on a trip together. And then when I was at KISS and then a couple of digital producers left the business. Here, I said, I put her forward for a job. I was actually her referee. I could have fucked this for you dinner. Really, Then she was hired at the same company, and then she's been moved to WSFM. So now with rivals, what do they ask you when that for the interview? What was she like to work with?
Speaker 3: Did you get nineteenth century? Which vibe? Ye, yep, yep.
Speaker 4: I remember the first time I met you, I was sitting in the gutter outside because they wouldn't let me in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she didn't have a pass to the office at the time.
Speaker 4: I was sitting in the gutter and then I like, where are you?
Speaker 3: Oh see there was a short, little sweet nugget the nuggets out. I put it in my little knapsack and I've got it. And so of the listeners.
Speaker 1: I think I may have already told that story, but it's the right not on this podcast.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm not my cup of ship. Okay, I'd like to know me. You are famous.
Speaker 1: Sorry, fucking not multitask while you're digging. Just focus on the digging. You were talking at the same time you weren't even looking week.
Speaker 4: Last week was fine, and now we're dealing with this.
Speaker 3: I scared the dogs with the digging. I didn't realize, Oh that wasn't your cat but dead or whatever it's I'm moving on to bogan Gate.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, for those of you who don't know our beloved Mitchell as much as Jenna and I do, and much of the listeners do. You were from a small Australian regional town known as bogan Gate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How many hours out.
Speaker 1: Of Sydney, about six or seven.
Speaker 3: That's rural and it's like Inland.
Speaker 1: Yeah west, so like if you pinpoint where you think the middle of North South Wales. He's on a map about there.
Speaker 3: Really Yeah, so population is.
Speaker 1: Two hundred according to the sign, but I don't think there's actually that many.
Speaker 3: Oh you think there's less, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent, maybe not two hundred people in that town.
Speaker 3: Did they just overshoot it hoping that it attract tourists.
Speaker 1: I really don't know how that happened.
Speaker 3: Oh it was one ninety nine. Now you're in the big city, boy. Now I want to know about bog and Ga. I want to know a lot of people know you as the bog and Gate boy. And I know you try to live it down, but you did release a video when you were how old now nineteen? Oh my god, that was in twenty fifteen that I did that, and you were just literally you'd never made videos before. Yeah, you want a video, guy, you put it up and tell us the origin story of the video.
Speaker 1: So for a group of assignments when I was studying radio, we had to make a Facebook page and post digital content onto it as just like practice. That was part of the assignment. And I made all the videos for that because I wanted practice to do my job that I do today, which is making videos for radio. And then the course finished, we went home for summer. I was bored and I made a video giving a two of bogen Gate so that my friends back in Sydney could see where I lived. And so I just made a quick video put it on the Facebook page, and it just kept escalating from there. It just kept getting more and more views, and then it spread and then the little Facebook page that we made literally for an assignment, went from two hundred likes to like, I think it was six thousand. And that's when I started posting my own videos.
Speaker 3: You put the girls into a boardroom and cut them worse.
Speaker 1: I tried. I tried. I was like, can I change the Facebook page name? Just my name? Because they didn't even have admint access to the page. So I was like, they won't mind, I'm the one that does all the videosn they refuse, So I started my own Facebook page, which now has seventy five thousand likes. So I do want to need them anyway.
Speaker 3: Interesting, that's such a cool story, and you've been making videos ever since.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Still refer to as the Vogue gay boy, right or know you from there? That's where their first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of cose. Sometimes people they run into me, usually when they're drunk. They just look at me and they put the hand out like wait, wait.
Speaker 3: Sarah Michelle Geller.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, bog Gate or it's Bogainville.
Speaker 3: Well see that's why when I tell people about that I work with you Mitchell Kob's funny videos Bug and Gate. Oh yeah, they know instantly.
Speaker 1: That's one of them that people recall, like some people haven't ever seen that. They're like, oh, you're the toe now polished kid.
Speaker 3: Oh that interesting. I'll get the pickaxes out because it's still the same topics basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there could be more golden.
Speaker 3: I want to know about bog and Gate late week.
Speaker 4: We haven't finished sticking.
Speaker 3: What do you mean you have to wait till we get the goal?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I was still sorry. I want to know about bog and Gate and what it was like being gay in a very small town, and also what it was like in high school and how you came out because you have a very supportive family, but coming from a small town that can be rough.
Speaker 1: Well, I wasn't really open when I was at home, So I think I started coming out to a handful of friends in like July before in the year I finished school, and by like September, your classes are over, You've just got exams. So I know I was never out and proud in high school, and then I didn't tell my family until January of twenty fifteen, and I moved out in February. How did you do that? I drunk texted my brother on.
Speaker 3: New Year's Were you nervous about your brother?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not because I thought that he was not going to be happy about it or not supported, but he just doesn't Actually, the whole family really doesn't handle awkward well. Yeah, So I was like, it's not that I'm worried that they're not going to be supportive, They're just going to They're not going to know what to say, so they're going to avoid the topic and it's just going to be tense. So my brother when I went home the next day, he literally didn't look at me, not because he was like disgusted, but he didn't know what to say, right, Yeah, So I was just it was just very awkward.
Speaker 3: Then when did the ice break? Did you bring it up or did he?
Speaker 1: I don't remember, to be honest, he just went back to normal.
Speaker 3: What about being in a town and being gay? Were you the only gay kid in the population of maybe two hundred.
Speaker 1: Well to my knowledge, yeah, And then I actually I got the shits that my dad and Lee when I was home because he mentions, oh, yeah, I can't remember his actual name, and oh, you know Ken down the road. Yeah, his husband passed away or something. I was like, sorry, there's a gay couple in bogen Gate. Yeah, they've always lived here. And I was like, really, and you didn't think to tell me that while I was living here, like that would be some source of extraordinary comfort to me. I was like, why the fuck did I not know that? And then he goes, oh, there's a couple of gay couples around the area. I was like, what, I had no idea. I thought I was the only game in the reality and that's what I've been rolling with. But apparently there's others.
Speaker 3: And since can you tell me there was someone in like what what's the neighboring town, parks or someone that, yeah, it's also gay, Like, hi, were the two gay people in.
Speaker 1: A fine Parks has plenty, But.
Speaker 3: You're there, the famous one from bogan Gate. You really are?
Speaker 1: I mean sure?
Speaker 3: When you go back, though, is it a bit of like, you know, the Kardashians in Los Angeles? What do you mean, glad do they sort of stopping michel cams?
Speaker 1: No, it's not no like people do say, oh, yeah, I watched you videos. That's very nice. And I say, oh, thank you whatever, But like that happens in Sydney too. Sorry that sounds like I'm bragging, but you know it's not that different. I'm asking you questions. Yes, did you really put them on the map?
Speaker 3: I feel like you did.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess the place has more recognition than it did before.
Speaker 3: Right, they've got you to thank.
Speaker 1: The pub people told me that they have had a few people bring the video up and say that that's where they first heard of the place. So I guess it's helped him with That's sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so did you take girls in high school? Do you have girlfriends?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hold on, we got girl.
Speaker 1: No, that's not that good.
Speaker 3: Some people didn't realize it's not that goal.
Speaker 1: Nothing happened. At most there was like a kiss at a school disco. Like it was nothing.
Speaker 3: Really, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to name their names. Poor girls.
Speaker 3: They're ashamed, not a shame of famous in the town. Are they They're still? Are they still in bogen Gate?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well let's move on from bogen Gate, because I mean there was maybe some platinum, some silver, I don't know about gold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't feel like anything was that interesting. Maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about your career now. I want to know personally, do you have accomplished a lot in the twenty four.
Speaker 1: Years you've been around twenty three? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Shit, you have achieved heaps, and you work at a massive radio station, you have a massive online following. But I really don't know what the endgame is for you, and I genuinely want to know what it is in your head, like, honestly where you see yourself?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I often get stressed about the fact that I don't know what I want to do next. I'm like, oh, should I have some sort of long term plan? But not really. This is the job I wanted. I wanted to work for caland Decio, and that's happened. That's what I I wanted to work for them by the by the time I was twenty five, and then when it happened at twenty one, I was like, oh, fuck, I do I have to have a goal of what's next, which I don't really.
Speaker 3: Are you a goal setter? Do you set them in your head or write there?
Speaker 1: You usually yeah, but then I haven't really come up with one since the career wise, like hobby wise, like, obviously I've had side projects with the podcasts and stuff. That's really all I have goals around. I don't really have goals around my social media followers. This is when I'm bored, I make a video.
Speaker 3: So you don't see that as you career. God, No, you just see to something that you've got.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't make money off my social media. I probably could if I was more savvy in that area. I don't even know how to get Instagram sponsored posts. I don't really know how it works. Yeah, but yeah, I just feel fine.
Speaker 3: So you like, you could definitely get management or get someone to represent you to push you out for sponsored content or to you know, host things or be an MC or is that something that you want to do?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. I wouldn't really know how to do that.
Speaker 3: But see you right now, have like a desk job, and you work for someone as like an employee. You could easily just be like your own brand, as like Mitchell Coombs and do it. Does that? Is that what you want to do?
Speaker 1: I the idea of human beings being referred to as brands has always weirded me out. I don't know. It depends, like I this sounds like I'm a slat, but I'm not very good at selling myself, you know what I mean. Like, I'm not going to go out and be like, oh, you should hire me, you should employ me, you should give me this gig. But I don't know. I'm just happy doing what I'm doing, all right?
Speaker 3: What is your ultimate career goal? Because I know what I like endgame, I can sort of picture what I want to do like a job. What about your what's ultimate dream? And might be embarrassing to say, but.
Speaker 1: No, I actually don't really have anything like I don't.
Speaker 3: So fast forward fifty years and there has a been much thirty years in your prime? Where do you see yourself?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Am I supposed to know?
Speaker 3: Well, didn't get any gold there, j don't Jesus crist Sorry, you have to come back down in his mind tomorrow to him on the weekends.
Speaker 1: You're coming with me, I'm cold, I given.
Speaker 3: I know I've got twenty more. I've written things down in ballpoint inc. I also know about Breakfast TV. I know you're obsessed with Breakfast TV. Do you look at that and go, oh my god, I want to be the next Koshi or you want to host a show like that or be on TV.
Speaker 1: At No, I'm not very good. I said this. Well, people wouldn't know, actually, because we had to delete the episode when we had that producer from Sunrise in to talk about behind the scenes goths and then apparently apparently we had to pull the episode because he said one too many things the both of them weren't happy about. Apparently in that episode, I remember saying I would suck at that job because I'm not very good at pretending that I'm interested in things. To say, the producers come to you and said, we're gonna we've got a story about the importance of fencing the pool this summer, I'd be like, don't give a fuck, and I'm not going to be able to muster up the energy at this hour to pretend that I do.
Speaker 3: Okay, Bradley Jackson, I do that, you know the news.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that I would get the job, and then a few stories. I'm just I wouldn't go for the job because I know that I'm not good at pretending to be really engaging.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, for you see you know what you want? I find that interesting. Not many people do, like you know, who you are. So you just got to just that is it? That's good? Yeah, that brings it right next to point. Relationships.
Speaker 4: Okay, we have to do digging.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you haven't had any substantial long term relationships.
Speaker 1: He understands the game.
Speaker 3: But what if I don't get gold?
Speaker 1: The sound effect was still No, you dig and then you go, right, what's here? We have to see what we all right?
Speaker 3: Oh, I get it, So Mitch, wait till we find it.
Speaker 1: Jane and I will do already hit it again. Okay, So okay, hopefully we get something on the other side of this one. I have a good about this. Oh okay, what's that?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's a good?
Speaker 1: Is that is that copper? No, it could be gold. Let's have a look.
Speaker 3: Oh I've been doing it wrong.
Speaker 1: I thought you got it. Bro, you're the sound of that guy ship.
Speaker 3: Yell every time I yell, I come back. All right, I've got there's a nice little.
Speaker 1: Spot up here, Jenna, he needs more room. Can you need that wheelbarrow?
Speaker 4: No, it's heavy.
Speaker 3: Here we go get something up here.
Speaker 1: God. Okay.
Speaker 3: Relationships, yeah, relationship. Sorry, I thought I have been something else. You haven't had any long term serious relationships. Not not knocking it, just a fact of the matter.
Speaker 1: You never had a boyfriend, never had a boyfriend.
Speaker 3: I remember when I met you. I was like, here is the floozy of this century of people would think that you you know you're active, okay, not think you're not active.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say there's a difference between having a boyfriend and not being actually correct.
Speaker 3: No, correct, and I'll say that, but I thought you would have been like, oh, ten boyfriends down, you know what I mean. I don't know why now I know you, I know that's nothing but false. Do you think do you think there's a reason why do you not want a partner?
Speaker 1: It's not that I don't want one, but I'm not. I don't really go out of my way to find one. Yeah, because the longest I've been with someone is like three months, and it always seems to end at that point where it's at like a cross the throat. Okay, we can either become more serious or we cannot. And I don't have much patience. If I don't actually like someone, I'm not gonna be able to pretend.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and also it just comes down to the fact that there's a lot of really valuable single adults in my life, and I would be quite happy to be that person, you know, the single fun aren't figure for.
Speaker 3: A Yeah, loves Rosan an art class.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if that's what it comes to, then I'm happy with that. But also if I meet someone and we say together, then great, Like I don't really I'm happy either way, So I'm not really going out of my way to find someone.
Speaker 3: What does your ideal partner look like?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: What would their name be?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Mitchell, what would their birthday be? What street they live on? Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just think about it.
Speaker 1: What is the dream job?
Speaker 3: You can go? My boyfriend's a fighter pilot.
Speaker 1: I don't care what his job is. That doesn't matter, but it shapes a lot of the person. Well, No, that's very shallow to judge them for their job. I don't care what they do, but what is important to me is the sense of humor. Also, they would probably have to be quite patient and understanding of me being a bit of a nut job at times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, I don't know. I feel like there's more in there, Jenna, what do you think.
Speaker 1: I think we could go for another tasking me about relationships I've never had.
Speaker 3: I know, but I want to know what your dream relationship is. Like you get slipped off your feet and you go to Maui and you have a you know, a dull coconut plantation run, and.
Speaker 1: That's not how my mind works. I don't imagine what my ideal partner's going to be in it.
Speaker 3: Are you looking like currently looking? Or if it happens, it happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it happens, it happens. Like I'm just like, I'm like on Tinder and stuff. I'm not going to go out of my way.
Speaker 3: Now, do you want to talk about it?
Speaker 1: You know what I actually realized one of the big reasons that I might be single is there's two factors actually, One I don't like public transport, and two I'm too much of an alcoholic to drive and not drink. So I'm like, I don't want to catch a fucking bus to a date, and if I drive means I can't drink and I'm probably gonna end up drink driving home. Do you know the amount of times I've like lined up a date and then I've just bailed because I'm like, I can't be bothered. I'm not getting on a fucking bus and I'm not driving because that means I can't drink, so like it clearly just can't be that important to me. If that's where I'm at, Yeah, I can't be bothered getting on a bus or giving up rose for one night.
Speaker 3: All right, Well I've got another one. If you want to talk about guy X, the guy that you potentially went on ISO date with.
Speaker 1: There's something to talk about. I just met up with someone. No kissing, obviously, we went over that.
Speaker 3: What about family, Mitch, do you want to have kids?
Speaker 1: I don't not want to have kids, but I'm not gonna be abuleset if it doesn't happen.
Speaker 3: Can you see yourself getting married?
Speaker 1: Perhaps? But again, it's one of those things where I'm not mad if it doesn't happen, Like it's like, whatever happens happens.
Speaker 3: This is I'm perplexed because you're saying your day by day and you just go with the punches. But I feel like it's one of the most organized people I know, and you have everything planned and.
Speaker 1: Then like I'm organized in the short term. I've organized my dinner for tonight when I go home, it's all laid out and the ingredients are measured and whatever and stuff like that. But like, it's not worth the stress of planning of forward years in advance, because even two years ago I was different to how I am now, so I can't guarantee I'm gonna want the same shit in even two years time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, fair enough. Interesting. I don't know if I've got anything.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to offer you a suggestion sop asking about what I'm going to do in the future, and ask about things I've done in the past, because clearly I think I've made it clear that I'm not planning ahead I'm going to do I've been through so much and he's only asking about the future.
Speaker 3: Oh, your first time gay clubbing ever? He's sitting in the big smoke Yeah wow, would you did? You got a stone wall cliche?
Speaker 1: SBS took me and they filmed the whole thing.
Speaker 3: What now, you're such an influencer.
Speaker 1: They reached out to me and said, hey, you're that bogn Gate kid, aren't you. We want to do a piece with you for our Mindigragh coverage where we take a country kid gay clubbing for the first time, and I originally said no, Well, I was like that sounds terrifying. I never been to like a club before, let alone a gay club. And I was still a bit insecure at that point. Yes, and I was like, no, I don't want to do it. I can't do it. And they were like, okay, what if we pay you? And I'm like, it's not about that, it's about I just don't imagine that being good content where I'm just me in a club, like it be so awkward. Okay, what if we send a reporter with you? And they sent Patrick Aboard too. I think that guy that does the Mardiguar coverage and stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, I do know Patrick. I genuinely know Patrick.
Speaker 1: And he was awesome, Like he made me feel really comfy, nice and like it was really nice about it. I'm pretty sure it's still on line if you were to.
Speaker 3: I think I've actually seen it. You've shown yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: The goo. It's not even you haven't even struck old because you've heard the story. No, yeah, it was. It was very It was very, very, very awkward, and I was so anxious. But obviously I got over that and I still go out club in these days. Every time I run into Patrick, he's like, ah, I knew you'd warm up to it.
Speaker 3: Oh that's cute, big hard.
Speaker 1: We're like, oh, darling, you brought me here, thank you.
Speaker 3: What about your first hook up at a gay club was terrifying?
Speaker 1: I don't remember, really, I couldn't. I don't remember which one was the first? Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember I saw an Interey with Courtney Act and the first night she was in Sydney she went to Stonewall and she lost her virginity.
Speaker 1: That definitely didn't happen real. I'd already lost it.
Speaker 3: So did you lose it in Bugen Gate? No? Really, in the big Smoke?
Speaker 1: Yeah, once i'd moved to Sydney.
Speaker 3: You don't want to say who it was with I.
Speaker 1: This is not me being as slight. It's actually just that we didn't exchange names. It was just some random gronk on grinder. It was not fun, but I was like, I need to get this over and done with.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh really, see, I was like, I wanted to be romantic. Candles candles, candles.
Speaker 1: I mean, that'd be ideal, but I just want to because I was already quite a late bloomer.
Speaker 3: I was on.
Speaker 1: I was like eighteen by the time i'd come out, which I suppose it's not that late really compared to you. I was like, I don't want to be awful and like be totally unfamiliar with the fucking by the time it happened. So I'm like, I need to get some experience, even though it's gonna be awful.
Speaker 3: Well, that's all right, I do homework, you know, try before you buy and not good.
Speaker 1: Obviously first time it's never good.
Speaker 3: But you know, have you had a fuck buddy? No, So no one that you really go back to.
Speaker 1: Only people that I've been dating, Yeah, but no.
Speaker 3: One that you're like, I remember that time that Persian guy. I'm gonna go back to them and back back. Really, mother, I don't know what I'm shock. I wouldn't ever have one really interesting?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hmm, is that really?
Speaker 3: I think that's interesting.
Speaker 1: We're talking about things that I haven't done yet.
Speaker 3: You all you want to talk about the things you have done, right?
Speaker 1: I think that's more interesting, isn't it.
Speaker 3: What do you think is the most interesting story you have to tell?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: That is such lazy interviewing. Why the whole point of this segment is for you to keep digging and asking the right questions to uncover some gold. You're just going give me some guls. What's the best story you got.
Speaker 3: I'm robbing you at gunpoint.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We will uncover if you ask the right questions.
Speaker 3: Oh god, there's like a riddle. General, I hate riddles.
Speaker 1: You do interviewed through a living bro surely, Yeah, but they can send me a press sheet like ask about this press in the right spots.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you're best friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, but I feel like I don't even know where to go.
Speaker 1: Well, that's all we've got time for you.
Speaker 3: I want to get one more nugget. I feel like there is I don't know what to ask.
Speaker 1: All right, Dan, we can't do this.
Speaker 3: Is you anything you want to tell?
Speaker 1: No, that's not how it works, Babe.
Speaker 3: Jenna, what do you have any questions?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, am I that uninteresting?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: But I feel like we know everything about you.
Speaker 1: So we've walked away from this establishing that I have never had a boyfriend. I don't necessarily want one, but I don't not want one.
Speaker 3: What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 1: You have to dig, bro, That's that's the point.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me let me see sixty minutes right here?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 1: Should we do Jenner next week? I feel like this the segment started strong, but this week sucked.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think we this week didn't suck. I feel like we got everything we could.
Speaker 1: Up to you. You have the pick axe is in your hand, Brothers, I.
Speaker 3: Have a pick axe. I can see some difference.
Speaker 1: No, I'm saying you can put it down if you want. I want.
Speaker 3: I don't want to put it down. I feel like you've got things you want to say.
Speaker 1: No I don't. I don't.
Speaker 3: All right, Maybe we didn't get enough out of you. Maybe we have to do this segment again next week. Who knows?
Speaker 1: No, next week, isn't it going to Are we both going to grill Jenna?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the two of us. I don't want to do it, don't you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No? Why don't want to?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: Now it's now just occurring to me that we never once asked her. We just said that that's how it was going to work.
Speaker 3: Jenna, Do you want to do it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Really? Nah?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Another fun show, guys, another fun show.
Speaker 3: I feel like, are you furious at us?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: For not getting more goal?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, I've got my clearly, maybe I'm just not that interesting, Jenna.
Speaker 3: My pockets are full of yours.
Speaker 4: They're pretty full.
Speaker 3: Listen, there's both my pockets. There's a lot going on in there.
Speaker 4: But I'm also I'm as really hungry as well.
Speaker 3: I'm fucking starving. I need to go. I'm exhausted to you for listening.
Speaker 1: Guys, don't forget to follow us at a couple of mitches on Instagram and Facebook and Twitter, and you can join our Facebook group if you know the answer to the secret entry.
Speaker 3: Question correct questions plural is two of them?
Speaker 1: There there is.
Speaker 3: It's getting harder. A lot of people in that group are upwards are two hundred.
Speaker 1: Now, I know, isn't it? Isn't it beautiful?
Speaker 3: They will post a lot. It's actually very sweet.
Speaker 1: It's a great little community. I love it all right.
Speaker 3: And I want to meet Burt. What's the cats made? Bella? Bella? I want to meet Bella.
Speaker 1: I'm not bringing her in here, I allerd, your god.
Speaker 3: Now we can FaceTime, but you could see get your housemate to put the phone near Beller. It'll love to talk to her.
Speaker 1: Maybe if you're lucky. He doesn't like strangers.
Speaker 3: I want to hear a guttle gutter all me ow from her. Let's go. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: Everyone, All right, thanks for listening, guys, catch you seeing my baya. Okay, Welcome to ad Debrief, our secret segment. The reason we call it add Brief is because I actually have diagnosed add which means my attention span is not great. I've actually gone to rehabit to learn how to get better at having a bad attention span. You, on the other hand, no diagnosis, but God, I swear, I swear it must be a thing.
Speaker 3: There's something swelling up there.
Speaker 1: Your attention spans not great, and that's why we've put aside time just to go row here on the show. But we don't want anyone to know about it. That's why it's a secret segment.
Speaker 3: Also, I really believe this should be a short one because we really robbed on that towards the end, but a long.
Speaker 1: Long show it has been.
Speaker 3: Hey, I was just letting you do the talking. Last week, we for the very first time, weren't able to play what people are claiming to be sound effects.
Speaker 1: And I really think that it was lovely. Don't you reckon gend it? It was beautiful, and so Mitch and I were actually talking about it. We were like, he said, I actually think it's nicest to have a human conversation, especially especially in Rome A season, Like people just want human connection. They don't need the fan fare and the carry on. So you said, right, I agree.
Speaker 3: I said that I actually don't think we need the sound effects. I believe human to human three best friends. Can you sit there and chat?
Speaker 1: So I'm not going to do just shoot this shit. It's gonna be fun. Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 3: Thing is, I can't control the phone lines. They just go off and that's how it works, and they're connected there officially on I'm not I said to you, I won't play sound effect. Oh god, they're coming. This is the this is my job.
Speaker 4: I thought last week's episode was one of our best.
Speaker 3: I think it was one of the best.
Speaker 4: Com halljah pathetic sounds.
Speaker 3: They're good, they're saying, love the show. I'm not going to play any dumb sound effects because.
Speaker 1: You've already done that, Jenna.
Speaker 3: That is just natural. That's the automation system that I built in. I wrote the code for.
Speaker 1: All Right, do you actually want me to faith time my house mate? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Please? I want to see the cat Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's ringing. Oh, this is FaceTime audio? How do I do it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You're a video.
Speaker 3: I want to see the fucking cat.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 3: It's like the final episode of Modern Family.
Speaker 1: Put on show me? How are you buppy girl?
Speaker 3: She hates?
Speaker 1: Are you being good for Jordan?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: Yu, Now, don't be alarmed, Bell Bell, I'm going to put a scary man on. She wants to meet you.
Speaker 4: Oh she's looking at the camera.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, she's beautiful, High Bell, Hi Bell. She's making direct eye contact. We're in the same orbit, that's all. She's skinny. She's looking at the window, looking at to sorry ship. Hi Bell, Hey Bell, Bell. She's fucking sure, isn't she?
Speaker 1: Goodness me, she's very gorgeous.
Speaker 3: She's looking out the sliding doors, just walking at the well, probably looking at those rap back kids that cycle up and down your neighbor.
Speaker 1: She doesn't like kids. I bet all leaf.
Speaker 3: She's got one little pour up like she's doing that little gay hand like. Oh, she's beautiful, Jenna. Do you want to say Bell? Yes?
Speaker 1: I would, Hi Baby, I think she liked me.
Speaker 3: It's weird, wee maternal.
Speaker 4: Thanks for what bel Bell. I was just trying to be nice. Oh she's coming.
Speaker 1: Cat, Yep, she's gone, She's gone.
Speaker 3: Well that was beautiful, Thank you, Thanks Jordan.
Speaker 1: Be good for Jordan, Bybee.
Speaker 3: Do you feel safe knowing she's with him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a good house man even, But the idea.
Speaker 3: What do you feed him her?
Speaker 1: What do you feed Jordan's cat food?
Speaker 3: Cat food? But is she on fancy feace my dog?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she only likes the fancy feast fish flavored salmon. And I got a big can of the good whiskers. No, won't have a bar. No, So she's on the little fancy feat which I'm not sure how long she's gonna be, and I'm going to try and wean them off.
Speaker 3: You know what my name gives her cat, She gives her party mix. They're like the natural confectionery co version for cats. It's called party mix and it's little lollies. But for cats they're like kibble and stuff. It's fishing rights. It's called party mix, and my name's like did you want some party? Misna now in the nursing home, so she can't play the cat.
Speaker 1: Where'd the cat go?
Speaker 3: The cat's still living at the house. And mum feeds it every day. Oh okay, yeah, but the poor cat missing human interaction. Talk about gutter on me ow. I walked in the other day to get some stuff from this poor thing needs.
Speaker 1: Speaking of human interaction, I saw there was a heartbreaking TikTok the other day. There's this woman in Melbourne. I think she said she was forty four years old and she has a TikTok and she posted this video that came up in my four year page and I was like, oh my god, it's about the whole rowing situation. I put it over there on your soundfacting.
Speaker 2: Yet it Hi, everybody. I've just gone shopping there my bags for Prus. I'm on my way home. Just wanted to say that I stopped at some like an intersection thing and let someone go past or waved and they waved back a though. That was really nice.
Speaker 1: And then I let.
Speaker 2: Another couple of people go and waved and smiled and stuff, and it was really nice. I'm missing interacting with people.
Speaker 4: It's so hard.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I know we're all in the same spot, and you know, it just sucks. Really so I've only got.
Speaker 8: A cat to talk to.
Speaker 2: But oh well, gotta do what we got to do. Stay safe and take care and I'm here if you need to talk.
Speaker 4: Okay, thanks, thanks?
Speaker 1: Oh meegs seventy five, I get you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on the poor thing, that would be tough. I think we take for granted the fact that you've got a housemate now, kat Jenner, you're at home alone, though, would be tough for you, right, Sylvia, You've got Sylvia of course she doesn't shut up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jenna. You go home on the weekends though, so you're not spending like forty eight hours in isolation by yourself.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, but I'm spending Monday at Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Do you find it rough?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet just over Netflix.
Speaker 4: I don't have time to do Netflix.
Speaker 3: You're just working around the clock.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: That's probably keeping you busy though.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 3: See, I'm still going into work, so nothing. Nothing has changed for me other than the fact that I don't go anywhere other than work at home. But I still come to the office.
Speaker 1: It's given you a very legitimate reason to be a flaky person, and not through your friends.
Speaker 3: I'm absolutely loving it. No one's messaging me. It's brilliant, mad at me. It's going to give you a fresh slate and I'm going to get Rod's gonna be over and everyone's gonna make that haang out.
Speaker 9: I'm like, oh, I still think I've got it. I think I got it, Guys, I don't get the vaccine. I think I got it for the next five years. I think I've remember Corona. Think Mitch has been a vaccine for five years.
Speaker 3: I think I've got it. Though, I think I've got a new pandemic. Let's split spread it. I feel upset, Mitchello. I didn't get enough gold out of you, and I feel like you wanted to get more gold. You wanted me to get more gold.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to have this, like really deep internal doubt, and I'm like, do I even have gold?
Speaker 3: If you don't, I can't say that we can go back down to the mind I can get there.
Speaker 1: No, we spent so much time. At some point you just need to give up. Did they ever find Howard Holt? You just give up?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: They didn't.
Speaker 1: You stop searching when it gets to a point of ridiculous, We'll we'll find him.
Speaker 3: Well insecuit, we both I feel bad that I didn't grill your hard enough.
Speaker 4: I think next week we should go back down and really more.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we can't know if a segment flops, a segment didn't flop.
Speaker 3: I was just asking questions and we didn't get gold.
Speaker 4: Do you have a gully part of me? A ghollie?
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: Just saur seeing some talent.
Speaker 1: I don't come into this Kiss studio and start flogging your WSFM rubbish.
Speaker 3: Are you trying to get content out of us? For Jones and Amanda?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 3: Know what's a goolie?
Speaker 1: I'm pet peeve And you think that they're that desperate they need to cast on our tiny podcast.
Speaker 4: You just have to ring a hot line and tell too much.
Speaker 3: We'll put this on the actual their show.
Speaker 1: Will And what's the hot line?
Speaker 3: I'm on air the competition?
Speaker 1: What is it? Jones? Amanda's get your ghoulies? Yeah, and that's their thing where people ring in with like their things that piss them off.
Speaker 4: Yes, precisely.
Speaker 1: What should mine be?
Speaker 3: I've got one?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 3: I've just got a ghoulie that I reckon we air?
Speaker 1: No, you can't. You are contracted. You can only speak on Kiss FM. I have no such obligation. My old voice is good Week nine zero six one nine zero six one seven four.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give you a story because my voice can't go on. This is how I do.
Speaker 8: Amanda Bernadett here from Cholorili. I have a grup with coon Keith bi family pack of twenty four slices in the box, and I find that the lid, once you open it once, you can't close it fully again, and then the cheese goes off and the corners curled up and they get hard. I have to cut around the quite too much work.
Speaker 3: I won't go. They could do a zip lock around the corners, maybe could potentially do it good, and they could do a box or maybe a plastic cardboard. But I think the lid is outdated, and.
Speaker 8: I just think that you could even maybe potentially get onto them and talk to the coon.
Speaker 1: The that's all.
Speaker 3: That's all I guess.
Speaker 1: I don't think I can top that.
Speaker 3: Oh I can't ring again.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't can't do that.
Speaker 1: No, you nailed at that time. So what give me another one?
Speaker 3: Another story which just call them don't don't you actually do that? Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that Scott Morrison saying don't go Overseve, don't say don't here we go? He's doing it his dialect.
Speaker 3: They know what number it comes from. Jenna, I don't think Hello, it's Jonesy and Amanda. If you have a problem you'd like to share with us, this is your gul's hotline. Why are you talking about something's happened to you?
Speaker 1: It's more official when you have to put it on a tape. Don't you think they're just talking?
Speaker 3: We're on tape now. Yeah, that's why I'm trying to sound official. Okay, ready join me.
Speaker 1: Please sound professional.
Speaker 3: Leave your message after the deep, don't We're out. They're not going to appreciate this.
Speaker 1: Please tell us next week how their executive producer reacts to these faults. As soon as you hear her talking about then pop a voice memo and I just want her in the office being like, I've got these weird calls?
Speaker 3: Yeah, were things? Should we get out of here? Yeah, I'm exhausted.
Speaker 1: I've started eating.
Speaker 3: He's thirty at nine, I've got to get up at three point thirty.
Speaker 1: Welcome to my life.
Speaker 3: Can you put a cat pick cat pig? Shows your cat pig?
Speaker 1: I'll put on our Instagram a couple of me.
Speaker 3: Can you put a puss pick up? Yeah? Okay, of course we didn't new photo up anywhere to filtrate all those clown emergencies. All right, we'll see you next week. Bye, guys, love your work.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. Bye.
Speaker 3: Is it just wait?
Speaker 1: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app or follow on Spotify.