Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to The Christian O'Connell Show podcast showtime.
Speaker 2: Have you ever tried to like wrangle a cat?
Speaker 3: You won't be needing this sad man draw nipples on two hundred and fifty balloons.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one O four points three.
Speaker 4: Goodbye and Jackie Boy, good to see you guys.
Speaker 5: Good in pats Morning, Patsy. How was your day?
Speaker 6: Yes, by the way, nice to see your glasses working today.
Speaker 2: I went and got fixed up at Opie Simmon whereby yesterday?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 2: Are brilliant?
Speaker 5: Goes the plug? No note plug, I don't pay.
Speaker 6: Maybe I'll give you a plug, but I don't pay. Where's the manager? Get Stephen out here?
Speaker 5: Is where's that? Where's he gone?
Speaker 4: Because they getting on air plug? And then I saw one on socials as well, so never in all pass.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They didn't respond though, so I had to physically go to the store. I'm a nobody, No, that's all right. Hey, I'm a client. Yeah, that's fine. Anyway, they put it in that it.
Speaker 4: Is fine because they're giving you something and you should pay for it.
Speaker 2: Of course I didn't expect not to They put it in that warm bendy thing. Don't they to fix your frames?
Speaker 6: Was just amazing, and they've done that with mine, where they go, we just need to adjust this.
Speaker 5: They don't show us what's going on. They go at the back and the pharmacist does, but they don't want you've seen probably how easy is they do.
Speaker 6: I think they just got a giant hammer and just whack it in and go, oh lazers have just done this for umust O'Connell.
Speaker 2: You clearly go to some backstreet operation because no they've got this.
Speaker 5: Machine not all of us can go to.
Speaker 2: They put it in the machine in and write it. It's fabulous. They were quite out of shape, I have to say. And they put the lens back in like a pirate getting his glass eye back in, and I.
Speaker 6: Literally like throughout, w isn't it talking about corrective lenses and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But it was frustrating yesterday because on the way home I was going through the main drag, through the main stream, there's a series of pedestrian crossings, which is fine, but I really don't have noticed.
Speaker 6: Increasingly when Patsy says, look with anyone went that's fine, it's far frow. It's like Liam neeson if he says, fine, you know you're dying only.
Speaker 4: A minute ago. We had it and I had to pay for them full price, which is fine.
Speaker 6: There's pedestrian crossings, which is fine if you must cross in front of me.
Speaker 2: No, I can't stand it when people just meander across a crossing.
Speaker 5: That does annoy me.
Speaker 6: It's just no, I was killed yesterday and this dude right, it was like trying to find someone's phone number in his boots. It's not there, and it was slowing down his pace. Yes, that you should have a set amount of time, almost like it started driving count and.
Speaker 5: Goes five four three two one, and then that's it. We're allowed to just go.
Speaker 4: Oh, what squid game.
Speaker 5: It's basically that's what they should have for all these crossings. It does. It drives me.
Speaker 2: Nas Yeah, there was this young young guy who was walking across, had his head buried in his phone, not concentrating on the traffic and just scrolling through the phone. I thought that's very dangerous. I nearly put my window down and said that's very dangerous. But it was like a sloth. He was going so slow. I thought, at least pick up the pace, Come on.
Speaker 6: Now, I agree, and I think we also that blinky light they get, is it that they need to quick up that as well? So it's almost like a stroke, like a nightclub, like a rave to come across.
Speaker 4: Let me mention one. I know you guys will hate. This happened to me this week when a teenager crosses it and not even a designated crossing, no zebra, no light, just across the road and they stare you in the eye.
Speaker 5: It's the book, isn't it.
Speaker 4: You have to you have to slow down because I'm walking here and you can't hit a position.
Speaker 5: Actually in the middle of the road. Aren't they like?
Speaker 6: How wild fellow animal has just gone out there? But it's a teenager.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Time Now for time waste extra time on National Nap Day. In fact, here from producer Rear on National Nap Day, researchers have discovered that your sleeping positions reveal so much about personalities.
Speaker 5: Really, what are you side front?
Speaker 4: No, I'm I think like a vampire. How do you mean on my back? Arms crossing?
Speaker 6: Interesting?
Speaker 5: It's amazing.
Speaker 6: I never knew that jacking boy and just did the arms have to be crossed?
Speaker 4: I find that the most comfortable way.
Speaker 5: Leave in my crips.
Speaker 4: I feel safe.
Speaker 5: That's what are you?
Speaker 2: I'm on my right side, only not on my left because my vertigo plays up and the room spins.
Speaker 4: Really, I thought was a thing when you're standing up, people can get it lied down.
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 6: I'm curious how to so it'll only be one side? So have you got an ear problem about naps.
Speaker 5: Lanes sitting? Neil Mitchells says, going, guys, keep it light.
Speaker 2: No, I want to know how do you sleep?
Speaker 5: No, honestly, I don't think it's very interesting. Come on, no one wakes up in the morning, and I wonder.
Speaker 6: How those guys sleep. I'm glad they're finally getting to it. Come on, guys, and the mystery? Are you on your side?
Speaker 5: Why do you sleep? Both? See?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: At least tell us what it means about us, this sleeping astrology.
Speaker 5: It can be a great mystery.
Speaker 6: Al right, So snooze movies. Make a movie Sleepy. We brought a foot Tom Silver, the forty Winks Virgin and the Pillowcase of Benjamin Button.
Speaker 4: Yeah silver plus Yeah, okay, jackie boy, what have you got?
Speaker 5: Sleepy movies?
Speaker 4: Dial R E. M. For murder.
Speaker 5: That's very smart.
Speaker 4: For this room gold, this is spinal nap and that's bronze. And McCaulay Colkin is he's out of it in come alone.
Speaker 5: All that is good. I was trying to think of on that is very good.
Speaker 1: Go Jackie Boy, The Christian O'Connell show, podcast.
Speaker 6: Time, wast extra time working for your sleepy movies on National Nap Day. It's amazing as you get older, how much more concerned you. But like you and I and Ria and the studio just been talking about sleep. It's such a big talked about thing. Only in your twenties and as a teenager, you don't even give any consideration to sleep, do you? When you get older, it's like the biggest thing you talk about.
Speaker 4: Rio said just then, earnestly the phrase his sister the last night was on Would I Lie to You?
Speaker 5: The TV show goes, and it was nice of him to give it a plug.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're obviously trying to kick that ladder from under the sister to make sure you're the chosen one.
Speaker 4: Yes, I didn't watch it, obviously. It's on at eight thirty, so late.
Speaker 5: I was up at eight thirty. You're you're so much twenty years young. All right, so we're looking for your sleepy movies.
Speaker 6: Back to the Future becomes back to last night's dream.
Speaker 4: Bronze.
Speaker 5: Sorry Paul and Cooey Up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Buffy the Sandman Slayer.
Speaker 5: Don't take me to nap down so easily. When the Napman does come, there's no resistances that it just hates you.
Speaker 6: Snorassic Park Gold, The lie in King Silver plus the Waterbed Boy Gold, Planet of the Sleep, Apnea's Bronze, Good Snoring, Vietnam Silver Update Take two, Dozed and Confused Silver, Yawn of the Dead, Silver, Good Sleep Hunting, Bronze Alarm.
Speaker 5: I'm a Geddin.
Speaker 4: I like to go Silver plus.
Speaker 5: Yes, ten things I hate about Snooze, Silver and nan a nap now.
Speaker 4: Gap, Gold Gap, Gold, Football.
Speaker 6: The Empire, someone says Tom sending the Empire strikes back event absolutely nothing, that the force hasn't woken yet.
Speaker 4: Bronze, Yeah, I didn't get it.
Speaker 6: Mad Naps give Silver, Snoozelander, silver, and any which way but snooze.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: That we got into nap FM with us listeners. Don't go towards the.
Speaker 2: Light Springsteen Smooth Light come of it.
Speaker 6: I like, I like Brian Owens, but that is a dreary old You don't get anyone going in the morning with that people.
Speaker 5: It's like hitting the snooze button. Brian. This is more like a song here Christ June jack We're God so.
Speaker 8: Right b r.
Speaker 6: One of four feet night, Yeah, it's almost here tomorrow night, Jackie boy one more seemed to go.
Speaker 5: Until we're out with the boys. Twenty four of us men.
Speaker 6: Boys man dragons, all assembling and flapping our wings from here in Richmond, I said, look up by seven you'll see a whole flying as one. Of course, twenty four become one the flying v high in the sky as we head to the rod Laver Arena.
Speaker 4: I forgot to tell you as well. Over the weekend, my dad's trying to inch his way into the Boys night.
Speaker 5: I'm happy for John Poster come on down.
Speaker 4: His way in, he said, he's I think he only wants to come to the pub. By the way. He goes, you guys at the London Yeah, Wednesday night. He's like yeah, Dad, He's like okay, am Ike, he's a private room or will you just be in the bar like Dad, you.
Speaker 6: Got to win you with your dad has come to a lot of our events, hasn't he movie screenings that you always see him lurking in the background.
Speaker 4: Anytime they're giving away a free beer. Yes, he will be there.
Speaker 6: But your dad can come down to the park the concert, okay, coming to the pub Okay, then we're saying goodbye to him, all right. So Jack and I are taking twenty four of you for our Backstreet Boys boys' night out tomorrow night. We aren't shouting you a couple of beers beforehand at the London here in Richmond, and then we're going to go and see the Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 5: So we've got three slots.
Speaker 6: Three last places to go, all right, So many emails from you Christian years ago.
Speaker 5: This is some steven years ago.
Speaker 6: I won a radio competition consisting of our family past the backs Boys. I took the four kids, myself and the youngest at the time was six years old. Just before the concert, I sit yearl fell asleep in my arms. He slept the He said that a whole show and in it was quite heavy. I had to just keep them going. Uh and I was moving constantly around the show, so everybody saw it. I'd love to go and this time see them. Would be awesome. If my now twenty six year old son, who was the baby in this story who missed a concert like me, if you could choose us.
Speaker 4: Well give away two flus with only three left. Maybe we give.
Speaker 6: Each other or they can they rotate, share a ticket, do a half each. Then there's this guy, Scott Christian. I'm willing to take my daughter Sarah to make her feel less guilty. We we've seen the Backtree Boys together before.
Speaker 5: She always sorts up the tickets.
Speaker 6: This year, ye, she she forgot to put the tickets because she was planning her wedding.
Speaker 5: She feels really bad about it. That's what Scott.
Speaker 4: Again, we can't give away two places.
Speaker 5: This is so rare.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: You can tell us any about anything. We call it late La Party.
Speaker 6: Late Vicky sent us an email late to the parties actually early to the party. At some point on the Sauning Show, we want to hear stories about longest time from losing it to finding it. She's got a great one here. I lost my engagement ring, never thought i'd find it. Sixteen years later it was found. I'm dying to know what are you still with the same guys? It's still what's happened? And then a couple of other emails. This came in yesterday from Lincoln. This is an amazing story, Christian. In nineteen eighty nine, my dad had cancer. I was fourteenth the time. We were both mad golfers. Instead are not knowing to me. Dad wrote a letter to Jack Nicklaus asking if we could get invited to his golf tournament in Columbus, Ohio. At the Memorial Tournament. Dad was wired that his future was uncertain. I wanted to give me a memory of her lifetime. Dad didn't hear anything back, or so it seems. Six months later, my parents got divorced. Life on twenty eight years later. So twenty eight years later, his mum's cleaning out an old kitchen unit in the shed. She found the letter to Jerome my dad that she's put in there, not knowing what it was about, and just left it there and forgot all about it. She didn't even know that he wrote to Jack Nicholas. Dad opened it and the look was unbelievable. They've got an invite back from Jack Nicholas.
Speaker 4: Missed opportunity.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, So Christian long story short, Dad wrote back to Jack Nicholas to tell them the story about the lost reply thought nothing of it. However, two weeks later we get a call inviting us to come and meet Jack Nicholas.
Speaker 5: They mastually do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah to a long story short, Dad and I were flowing over to Ohio, United States, met Jack Nichols, had lunch with him and many other famous golfers. They were all amazed about the story. Let me tell you now that Jack Nicholas may be one of the greatest golf of all time, also an incredible human being. He posed for photos with my dad. Was amazed that my dad had actually survived counts as well when it looked like he was on his way out. Dad is now seventy three. I'm forty seven. I hope you know the story, Lincoln. I love the It's an amazing one. Thank you very much for sharing. As always, then we call a Lathtle party your home for anything you want to share with us. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Christian o connall's show podcast.
Speaker 6: So yesterday I began a new weekly class with my six year old daughter Lois. So last year my oldest daughter Ruby. She was in the year twelve. It's gonna be our last year at home, so I want to do something together. She started this weekly thing going to pottery, and every time I picked her up right, she was so happy. She was clearly getting something on that, and so I said, look, do you mind if I join? If you want to do another term, would you mind if I came along on a Wednesday night we did together and she was like, yeah, I'd love that, So I'll end up doing three terms last year pottery I got no better. Right, I was genuinely, actually terrible.
Speaker 4: I'm still the proud owner a.
Speaker 6: Small ashtro But I loved it because you were just hanging out together and doing something together, and so it was a really nice thing to do. So Lois I said, look, you've got another two years at school. Okay, I want to make sure that we do something learn something together. But we neither of us have ever done it before. So she said, okay, I'll leave it to you. Last night we started our new eight week course in African drumming. Oh cool, now, she was, I had a very reluctant drummer. Yesterday it got to got to like five o'clock and she was going, I've got a lot of school. I went, yeah, because you're really worried about that. She just had the weekend just mainly on your phone. But now right before drumming, you know they're not almost look at it like they're related, but obviously they're not.
Speaker 5: And I go, look, tell you what I know.
Speaker 6: You love Macas. We go to maccas beforehand, right to and she goes, okay, okay, we have Macas. And then I get this one, Patsy, I'm not just saying this.
Speaker 5: I feel really ill.
Speaker 4: Come on, can't you can't accept the bribe and then not go through.
Speaker 5: Then this one?
Speaker 6: No, no, no serious, Dad, Gastro is going around with the star. And I said, people, how long have you felt ill like this? When actually don't want say anything, but all day people who have Gastro you get ready in the fetal.
Speaker 5: Position for the explosion. You are not, I said, you.
Speaker 6: You've got through ten nuggets, a coke and some fries. That is not the behavior, Oh no, of someone on the verge of exploding with Gastro.
Speaker 5: You and shoveling or that bie. Oh we're going drumming.
Speaker 6: She went, well, well, if I'm sick all over the drums, I said, I will apologize, explain, you've got gastro and we'll leave. But we are going drumming, so moody silence all the way there. We pull up, we walk in together. Even as we came in, the guy just went father and daughter.
Speaker 5: And I went yeah. Anyway, we did it, and she loved it. It was brilliant.
Speaker 6: It was I didn't realize all popularist and no bed of way to learn the music that originated in marle In in Africa than from an irishman in Saint Kilda. Generally, oh god, it's an Irish guy killer.
Speaker 5: African drumming. But I loved it.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: As a part of that went to bed last night. I'm hoping that actually this is the start of my daughter and I I've been saying for her because she's into music and she's got a great voice. That my dream is that one day we formed a band together.
Speaker 4: Should be thrill. Okay, I can see this is all her dreams come true.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you've noticed it too.
Speaker 6: The name would be Generations, but the S is a Z and then the Z is in like the Bowie flash, the merch and the name, the brand is ready to go. I just need her to sign up on board.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: When you played live, are you playing an actual drum kid? Are you playing the Gemba?
Speaker 5: Just a gembe at the moment, Yeah, just just that one as well.
Speaker 6: But what I can do with mate, They've made that beautiful music scene with my friend from Ireland as well, chopping with as well.
Speaker 5: We've been like river dance.
Speaker 4: We got in here. We even got some to Kylie Minogue.
Speaker 6: Just then, yes, base tone tone, sap base. This is my homework I've been given for the next seven days. All right, yesterday, thank you very much. Everyone called the show that you were guiding Jack around his house trying to relocate him with his missing Apple TV remote. That is eleven month old son Gordon had handley paced somewhere. Patsy, you were, you were the winner.
Speaker 2: You mentioned it one of the million bucks.
Speaker 4: It was under the fridge as you suggested. Not only did we find that Bianca also had an ice and air wrap attachment that he'd put under the fridge as well, So we got.
Speaker 6: More than what we just Australian animal that steals stuffs and takes it back.
Speaker 5: To its like a magca is it or what is it? There's no bed. It takes stuff and takes it back to its legs.
Speaker 4: I think a magpie likes shiny things and then we'll take it back to its nest. The castilory is a huge like it's almost like ostrich sized, like it would steal.
Speaker 5: What's it called. That's it I found. I've seen the bower bird's nest. Let me get well, they have like glasses in there and everything. Yeah, they they This is just me off the dome.
Speaker 4: I haven't read this, but I think.
Speaker 5: We're back at your sixth form at Sydney University.
Speaker 4: Doublet is having off the Dome.
Speaker 5: Quadron Chiles, Charles. I'm gonna go off the doming.
Speaker 4: I've just been ripping in my mind about the this is this is my take.
Speaker 5: Pipe Wiggins.
Speaker 6: Trap Professor Garrotty, come here, you old just off the do make that podcast.
Speaker 5: Society of the Dome lads.
Speaker 4: Sorry you're alert, please Old Chap.
Speaker 9: Belbert steals random little bits and knickknacks for their nest, which with to impress the female Bauer birds and whoever has the better nest they'll mate with.
Speaker 5: That's a classic off.
Speaker 1: The I'm just rifferent to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: When you were trying to help locate Jack some TV remote yesterday. That is baby Sam Gordon does stuff somewhere. A lot of you start sharing stories about basically the damage your babies had done. And baby did a bad, bad thing bad.
Speaker 5: This must have happen with lady. I remember it must have cost about seven hundred dollars to get this fixed. So sat in the car.
Speaker 6: Lowis was about two at the time, and we were so stationary. I have to take a phone call some I'm on the phone. She's not wriggling around, so let her out the car and she just sort of slims forward. That's where they're like snakes. It comes slithering in sudden. She's in the passenger scene. I'm even sure how quickly she got there. Were like, yeah, fine, and then I just gave my wallet and she took the credit card out while I'm on the phone and shoved it, just rammed it immediately. Didn't even think about it, just instinct, don't what's much expensive thing? I can just screw up his life right now? Shoved it in a CD player right THEMB actually go.
Speaker 5: What did you do that for?
Speaker 6: As if a two year old is going to somehow let you out about the prefontled cortex and who did you do that? Far so to call you back? And I was like trying to get it out. You know in zoom Land, we're all bang on that computer like this. It's that tapping it presson at eject button. The CD players to have this thing ain't coming out the credit cards in and then you know we've got to you got to counsel the credit card right, And then I had to get someone to come out and had to strip away the whole dashboard had come out and had taken out and get it out.
Speaker 5: I got seven hundred dollars to get this card to come out that day.
Speaker 6: So yeah, that that kidd thing.
Speaker 5: Patty already do any baby damage when she.
Speaker 2: Was younger, there must be something about terrible too. She got into my make up, my foundation, the cover up, and we had a white or cream swede couch and I've come out from the shower and she had like painted it with her hands protest all down the back of it, all over the arms of it, and then on the walls on it was it took ages to get jiff on the walls and windows, and we actually had to throw the couch out. There was no I wasn't even going to attempt to get it out.
Speaker 4: Never get a light fabric couch. We actually went to buy one once and the guy at the store said, and this is one of the couches in your house that you wouldn't really sit on it, Like, how rich do you think we are that we have a good room that's just for show?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 6: Baby did a bout a bad thing? Baby Damage Stories, What did they do? Nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 6: Baby Damage mentioned your Baby Do tell Us on nine four one four one four three Christian. We were invited to a business partner's house. We had to bring our kids with us. Eighteen month old came crawling in. Within five minutes had knocked over vas and broke it. The vase containing these brisons people we're trying to press recently dead grandpa's ashes.
Speaker 5: My little brother was obsessed with bean bags when he was three or four.
Speaker 6: He might actually get a holding one of beans when everywhere, for some reason he still can't explain, he decided to put one right into.
Speaker 5: His ear, push it all the way.
Speaker 6: In trip to hospital two, they decided to put one of those spiky, fluffy looking caterpillars up his nose. End up with a nose full of spiners. Again, another trip to the doctor. Baby damage stories. All right, let's take some of your stories now. China is up first. Good morning, Tania, Good morning, I'm good Tania. So baby damage, How so my daughter went?
Speaker 10: She was about nine or ten, put flower on the ceiling fan blades of her sister's bedroom.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Of course, why wouldn't you. I want to try it now, just to see the chaos.
Speaker 11: Yeah, definitely, Chas my younger one came into a room, tanneder on was covered in flower.
Speaker 8: Everything in a room was covered in.
Speaker 4: Flower, like a snow glow.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, China, that must have been a lot of fun clearing that up.
Speaker 12: The one who put the flower on the ceiling flan base had to do that.
Speaker 5: Jimmy, I thank you there, Nanny McPhee.
Speaker 6: Let's go to Julie Judy.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Good morning, Christin.
Speaker 5: Morning, Judy. Welcome to the show. Okay, baby damage, what happened?
Speaker 13: Well, my four year old did a really bad, bad thing. I was in the shower, and he brought him the sprinkle inside the house and put it on in the land room. No, the drape, the TV, the computer, everything had to be replaced, all because he thought he would clean up his two year old brothers and miss wow.
Speaker 6: He probably just saw it happening outside where clean stuff up its water.
Speaker 5: I'll have everything up, but just moving it indoors.
Speaker 4: Do you have a shower and everywhere else?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Yeah, he actually wild out of the window, put the chout cushion outside the window so he could jump out. So he did nerd himself, bring the sprints back in and turn it.
Speaker 6: On such saying Kevin did like home alone. This there was like an outtake from it. Julie, that's a great one. Yeah, thank you very much to share. I have a good week.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Buy Kate tell us about baby damage.
Speaker 14: So my two.
Speaker 13: Babies did a bad, bad thing.
Speaker 11: They decided that the spa needed a bit of chok food, just the chook pellets in it, and they poured nearly a whole bag of chook pellets.
Speaker 5: Into the bar and that filter and all that love.
Speaker 13: Chewing up that completely recked the filter.
Speaker 7: Never used the spar again.
Speaker 13: Couldn't afford to fix it.
Speaker 5: Just give it to the Chucks. It can add it to the Chuckhouse, can they.
Speaker 6: That's great, Kate, thank you very much, and let's get Amanda on now.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Amanda, Good morning.
Speaker 15: How are you.
Speaker 6: I'm good, Amanda. I hope you're having a good week so far. So Baby Damage? What happened? Ah?
Speaker 15: Yes, So several years ago my husband went to go and pick up our children from the family daycars and he left my two year old in his great, big land cruisy youth with a big bull barrow. We still be in the ignission and my two year old climbed over, turned the car on which lurched forward because it was in first gear, and smashed straight into the family daycare's car.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, God, yeah.
Speaker 15: It's great. We had to go back inside and apologize and then lodging insurance claims.
Speaker 4: Where do we even tick?
Speaker 5: Where do you? How old was the driver to he was?
Speaker 15: He's now nearly eighteen and thankfully legally learning to drive.
Speaker 5: That's such a great update.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Baby Damage, What damage did your baby do? Baby did a bad, bad thing? Christian late nineties thirty two thousand's cordless home phone with the big old rubber antenna. Do you remember that that home phone when it became cordless and mobile was just huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well we can walk anywhere in the house and talk to them.
Speaker 5: Take you into my bedroom.
Speaker 6: Cordless home phone with a big, giant rubber antenna.
Speaker 5: Driving my mum nuts.
Speaker 6: That that was amazed, basically my number one job as a kid.
Speaker 5: She threw it in frustration. You know what we shouldalk about that one day? What got thrown at you?
Speaker 6: How much I remember my mum's things. She had incredible ninja like accuracy.
Speaker 5: She would she would just she wouldn't warm me.
Speaker 6: She just take off a slips like a ninja throne starf hear in our Christy just incredible. Uh, drive my mum nuts. She threw in frustration. It pole vaulted on the road and proceeded to score a perfect ten for the Giants as it went through a large front house window. Not cheaked to a players that I still hear about it all these years later. Winding up your parents, we need to go out tomorrow on what happened when your parents just flipped out?
Speaker 5: All right, So talking about baby damage, Sean, Good morning.
Speaker 12: Good morning team. That baby did a bad, bad thing. What happened our eldest when he was just beginning to walk? The other sort of climb up on furniture and stay on their feet. Well, one night my wife squatted a huntsman on the wall and asked me to remove it, and I said, oh, they say, I don't bother you. There's nothing to worry about. Some ly, but there it's fine. Then we turned around a few minutes later and my son had actually climbed up, stood at the wall, grabbed the spider, and he's eating this spider. We're literally I've got my fingers in his mouth.
Speaker 11: Scooping.
Speaker 5: Coming time of eight.
Speaker 12: We eventually got it out from a rush. You refused to try to snappy for two weeks.
Speaker 5: Spider.
Speaker 6: It's kind of like burrowed eggs in there, like loads and them were going to come crawling out.
Speaker 1: Your son, Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: Baby Damage, What did your baby do? Well? Have it did? Reap? We're talking, of course once more about Pat. What have you got for us? What happened? Pat? Welcome to the show?
Speaker 14: Hi?
Speaker 8: How are we?
Speaker 4: You're a good part?
Speaker 12: I I was that five or six, though.
Speaker 8: Not necessarily a baby, but very young.
Speaker 12: We went out to all Room. Mom and dad took me on a holiday.
Speaker 8: Out there, and we were driving an old Ford fair Lane and I ran off after they was gone for a walk around the base of it. And my dad and Mama always into like James Bond Star things.
Speaker 12: I like spies and stuff like that.
Speaker 8: So I got back and I'm standing there impatiently wanted to get in the car. So I thought I'll try jimmying the like by serving a paddle pop stick into us, And so the car was blocked out. It's a thirty degree hate well plus, and they're all standing there trying working how to get in the car. We did split keys back at the hotel, but that was about an hour away.
Speaker 12: So the grandparents are.
Speaker 8: Driving down the road in their car, standing around waving.
Speaker 5: You're lucky. That is horrific part. That's something else.
Speaker 4: At least you can laugh about.
Speaker 5: Pat.
Speaker 4: His grandparents still melting into the fold in the car park.
Speaker 5: Pat, thank you very much. It's good a Joe, Good morning.
Speaker 11: Joe, good morning. How are you good?
Speaker 5: Joe? So baby damage? What happened?
Speaker 11: Yeah, So my then three year old son decided to break a hundred year old lamp that we'd sell, which from under an old pub that was on our land that had burnt down from the gold mining days.
Speaker 6: Lovely, it's great you kind of have anything nice for me our kids. You just to go around your home chats anything nice there and get rid of it. Get rid of it now before the inevitable heartbreak, liter your break, and then just trashing anything nice of yours all be destroyed.
Speaker 5: Jock, thank you for your cool.
Speaker 11: That's okay.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 6: Podcast rubbing up right now our big book of listeners this week. The category we're looking to fill when I try and find who has gone the longest time from losing it until finding it nine four one four three So longest time from losing it until being reunited and finding it. Sarah, my daughter didn't want term grandpa to have the tea room. Hit it then could remember where she put it. I found it six years later. I didn't even have that TV anymore.
Speaker 5: Joe. This is incredible story from Joe.
Speaker 6: A friend of my dad's came over a swim one very hot day in summer. He remember taking his watch off to swim and putting it on top of our fridge, but when he returned it was on. We looked everywhere behind and underneath the fridge as well as other places around the house, just couldn't find it. Eight years later, my parents moved house and obviously emptied out their fridge and freezer to move.
Speaker 5: There was ice in the freezer and in amongst that.
Speaker 4: Was the watch frozen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, somebody must have opened the freezer and the watch has fallen in and then it stayed there. Anyway, it frozen into the ice and it still worked. Joe, that's an incredible story.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Looking for who has gone the longest from losing something to finding it? Nine four one four one oh four three. All right, let's get into some of your stories. Then about longest I've not entirely sure, Producer kent and said, I'll get your Rod Stewart for later on. I thought, what does she think I'm up to today? A date with the missus or something. Make sure I've got that ready for one o'clock. I've seen my wife. It's my walking music.
Speaker 5: Figure out quick.
Speaker 6: We'll find out in a minute what that actually is. All right, Longest Time from losing it to finding it?
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: Four one four one O four three Katrina, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning, Good morning.
Speaker 10: How are you.
Speaker 5: I'm good, Katrina. So what's your story for us? Mate?
Speaker 10: That words true, I'm responsible for that, I'm afraid. When I was about seven or eight, we were sick to death of a particular Rod Steward album that my parents would play all the time. So my sister and I hid it inside a Mappacho record and they won't.
Speaker 6: Be digging that out anytime soon, right, that's right there.
Speaker 10: About twelve years later, my sister and I were feeling nostalgic, so we opened we'll go through the records, and we found it. We never told mom and dad. Mom and Dad would dropping driven mad trying to find.
Speaker 14: This thing.
Speaker 10: That is devious up and they played our records not often at all. Uppish I wasn't played for twelve years either.
Speaker 5: Ah. Good, that's a great one this morning. Thank you very much for sharing.
Speaker 7: Not a prog.
Speaker 5: All right, let's go to a Stacey.
Speaker 6: Now, Stacey, we're looking for the longest time from losing it until finding it.
Speaker 14: Hi, guys, I did a good deed one day driving down a country road and found a turtle on train across the road. So I picked it up and took it home and put it in a box, but I was headed out, so I left it there for probably half an hour. When I got home, the box was tipped over and there was no turtle anywhere to be seen. We looked everywhere. Months and months and months later, at the other end of the house, my mum was getting changed in a walking robe which was dark and cool, and saw something moving right down the bottom. And yeah, further investigation, we found a turtle that had been hibernating.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, my time watching in the wardrobe.
Speaker 6: What a show, living the turtle Lifeble.
Speaker 14: Never did bring another animal home.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, Ed gets it now gets it works.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 6: This is from Alexis. I was plowing a pad it and unbeknownst to me, my wallet fell out. My pocket was plowed into the ground. Five years later, I was reworking the same patch of ground. I found my wallet, complete with the five dollars that were still in there. Christian mind Nan my nan lost my pot for an hour and I was little when he was inside the bird avery and I accidentally looked him in there, went off with Nan to lunch. I'm stuck in the bird Avery traumatic. Hi, guys, moved overseas A few weeks later. We're missing our good bath towels. Everyone has the good ones, don't you got those old knacking ones. He got the really nice sort of new bees that are all fresh.
Speaker 5: To the game.
Speaker 6: I looked everywhere I couldn't find them. Assume they'd been stolen. Nine years later, returning to Australia, unpacked, got out the white goods out of storage. But the dry on wall, open up lumberhold, the missing towels are in there. That's from Pete, Julie. What's your story for us?
Speaker 11: Yes, yes, so years ago my husband had a big night out. Woke up the next morning and he hasn't got his front denture.
Speaker 13: Scenes called his top dentures.
Speaker 5: Teeth.
Speaker 13: He had to go and get a new set made.
Speaker 12: Many years later, I was moving the bed.
Speaker 13: To clean and make the bed.
Speaker 6: Oh no, the furry haunted dentires. Oh people living at those. We'll end it there, Judy, Pete, Hello, Pete, go, we're good and what have you lost?
Speaker 5: And then found I wasn't.
Speaker 7: Actually my uncle was fishing in lostice wallet overboard, and he thought, well, that's never going to be showing again. A bit of nine years later, there was a knock on the door and a gentleman returned his wallet to him.
Speaker 6: That's incredible. Yeah, what a good citizen. That's amazing, Pete, thank you very much for story.
Speaker 7: No worries.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian talk about losing to finding it. Several years ago, after doing the weekly shore of grocery shopping, I misplaced my car keys. When I got home, searched everywhere, nothing because of fortune buying a new fob. Two years later, I was doing the obligatory pantry cleanou they found an open packet of barbecue shapes and amongst them all the keys. Still no idea how they got in there. That's great, Thank you very much. Janet on the time waste today today International Active Day, Get active, get your swollen. The first gymnasium was opened up in ancient Greece in seven hundred BC.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, you signed up? You couldn't leave to seven hundred two PC by right, guys?
Speaker 4: Hellock it took that, actually, wouldn't that's not right?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Oh yes, it'd be six ninety eight that's good. I'll come back to my own for work up.
Speaker 7: Working it.
Speaker 6: The Greeks wanted a place where you could work out naked. Jym Noss means naked?
Speaker 4: Oh does it?
Speaker 5: Is it really jim Nos naked?
Speaker 6: But also host a lecture and engaging discussions on philosophy.
Speaker 5: Did not know that about jim ns? All right? All right?
Speaker 6: Fitness movies, fitness movies watching Who trains Roger Rabbit?
Speaker 5: Have you seen his abs?
Speaker 4: It's Jack's gold, mister.
Speaker 5: Mcga, that's mister mcgs.
Speaker 6: Wonder gymnasikay, pretty face, silver.
Speaker 5: Thighs, wide shut.
Speaker 4: That one the most awkard?
Speaker 5: So why do you have that face in the gym?
Speaker 6: Face the wall that hit ductor?
Speaker 5: Is it? And yoga bear downward facing.
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 5: What are they watching in the gym?
Speaker 4: On the movie Fiddler on the Royds.
Speaker 6: Top hole has been juicing guy? No, I know he's up on that roof God plus the.
Speaker 4: Heels have abs silver and chucky. He was in Child's Play, now he's in Charles Pose.
Speaker 5: He's doing he's doing bet bronze. All right, what have you got? Then? We're looking for your fitness movies.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast Time Whise.
Speaker 6: So we're looking for your fitness movies. All right, Jackie boy, you're ready to mark fitness movies. Men who stare at glutes, Oh good, Gold, those ancient Greeks, Jim.
Speaker 3: Lost Forest, Pump Gold, The Fit, The Furious, Bronze and Diesel Flexing Hot on his Silver Plus Training Dead Left, David, Top Guns, Top Guns, Silver, Dumb and Dumbelliers Silver Plush.
Speaker 6: And Chris, I know what you pressed last summer Silver Weekend at Burpe's Gold.
Speaker 5: That's very good one, I'm Lauren. Instead of Suicide Squad, Suicide Squat Silver e t the Elliptical Trainer.
Speaker 4: Gold Plus.
Speaker 6: You cannot look tough on that thing, can you. I saw this giant man mountain on some one of those and he looked ludicrous. Spotting, Miss Daisy, Silver Plus, get under that rack. Let's say, Pump Fiction Silver one flew over the lap pulldown Machine, Brenda. That's a piece of equivalent Peris Bueller's leg Day, Silver Spotting, Private Ryan, Silver Plus, Show Mama How to Train Gold Plus.
Speaker 4: Very very good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Steve, that's smart one. Thank you. Not another protein movie.
Speaker 1: Tim Simpus Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 5: On tomorrow's show.
Speaker 6: Then didn't have time for it today, but it is happening tomorrow, my friends, mark my words. That's not where it goes. We're looking for your STU. We understand what I'm talking about. Let me please just have a moment here with grown ups. With grown ups, okay, we all understand a story about where you found something or you put something where it shouldn't be.
Speaker 4: One the right place.
Speaker 5: Actually, the more you say it makes it worse. You know what I'm talking about. That's not where it goes.
Speaker 6: You can email me today, but then the subject heading police Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. And then it really is the last show before tomorrow nights two or three years in wait for this moment Our Backstreet Boys Boys Nights Out. The Boys are finally Here are twenty odd listeners that were assembling to go along and see the Boys our last three spots and must we go tomorrow. In fact, we've got someone trying to take one of the spots right now. Sarah, good morning, here you going, I'm going to Sarah, So are you Sarah? That I heard about We read out an email from your dad earlier where he said that you've been to the Backstreet Boys before. You were always in charge of sorting out the tickets. However, obviously you've had a lot going on, You've been planning your wedding. But the tickets are fulled to my mother's side.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Look, heead and let me forget about it.
Speaker 14: So he missed out.
Speaker 13: But I thought, yeah.
Speaker 11: He did slay this morning, he might miss out. I thought I'd just give a call and try and give a second push because he is a mega fan and I know he would just love this.
Speaker 4: Now, Sarah, you know he can't bring you along. He can't bring his daughter along to the boys night out.
Speaker 14: Yeah, ah, that's okay.
Speaker 13: He's way cooler than me.
Speaker 1: If I don't need to result his game.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what, you make a very strong case. Dad is in. You can ring your dad, tell him he's in. He's part of the Backstreet Boys Boys Nights Out tomorrow.
Speaker 11: Oh he's going to be wrapped. I actually like he used to pull up at school when he picked me up with the windows open.
Speaker 13: And he'd blasts Backstreet Boys.
Speaker 11: I'm embarrassment, but anyway, he will be absolutely rapped.
Speaker 5: Great, okay, Well, Dad will see you tomorrow. Night. Okay, Sarah, thank you very much. You did a good thing.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank The Christian O'Connell Show podcast