Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, Welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast Showtime.
Speaker 2: The pickings were a few this week.
Speaker 3: My finger's getting sought Fine hack.
Speaker 1: Me Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Show one two hundred and twenty.
Speaker 5: Seven, Christian O'Connell's Show. So what are you making do with? What we're going to talk about right now? Then? What do you make him do with? Might be at home, might be in your car, or at work right now in our in our house to flush the toilet system has been removed and I've installed two cable ties that you pull one of them up, it pulls another one attached to it. It lifts list of things you can flush the toilet. It looks really really good. It looks really like a deconstructed toilet, and my wife is really happy with it. She brought the toilet. She said that she was trying to mend it and that some internal parts disintegrated in her hands. Disintegrated in her hands. So I want to know what are you making with. You've got this giant mirror at the moment you may can do with.
Speaker 3: I measured it up to fit perfectly between Biancer's wardrobe and trade.
Speaker 5: Who's just jumped out? All right, Scotty can measured it. That was cuts ice measure once.
Speaker 3: What I didn't account for is measuring the thickness of the mirror. So now that when Bianco opens her wardrobe door, it only opens three quarters of the way, so she still has to reach in and get things off the clothes hook.
Speaker 5: I'm going to ask then, before Christmas last year, you brought in a circular saw, added a very basic demonstration to a team member here rho about how to use it. The circular saw is still here. What do you make in deal with where the circular saw has not been used for purpose?
Speaker 6: So I bought some timber decking for my balcony to like make it a bit nicer. But the edge pieces need to be sowed because they're like specific custom pieces.
Speaker 5: And again, is that a technical term, the edge piece? If you're even saying that, get a pro it.
Speaker 6: It may shock you, But I am not well versed in I.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't know what the other word is either for edge pieces.
Speaker 6: And so Jackson, oh, I'll just bring in the circular saw and you can give it a crack.
Speaker 5: You two would beyond that advert we're playing not about half an hour ago. About knowing what you're doing.
Speaker 3: I think that's made us a bit shy about using the circular sword.
Speaker 5: The ad machinery that should be. That's so good. It's great to be shy around machinery.
Speaker 6: It's hard to know whether it's the fact that we're hearing ads about it or also just general laziness and disorganized because it's been there for like.
Speaker 5: At least you got some half finished deck.
Speaker 6: Now I've got a half finished deck on my balcony, and so it's sharp edges.
Speaker 3: It's good for suspendly the edges that you can't it's the center of the deck perfectly to start.
Speaker 5: In the middle. That's great, and you've got form here. What else?
Speaker 6: When I was in Sydney living in a sharehouse, my bathroom light or our bathroom light just stopped working probably about three or four months into our tendancy there. And we lived there for probably two or three years and never ever change that light because it was quite it was just a bit high. So we just went to the bathroom in darkness because.
Speaker 4: You actually know, you get used to it.
Speaker 3: It's actually quite nice to have. It's nice, men, it's nice to have an option.
Speaker 5: We've seen what men do in toilets, right, they have not got the best nam in a fully lit toilet.
Speaker 4: In the dark, you become like Batman.
Speaker 5: You have very horrible you're in football, don't know and don't see.
Speaker 6: It doesn't hurt the shadows until you've done number two in the darkness.
Speaker 4: It's very serene, all right.
Speaker 5: What are you making do with nine four one four one O four three Give us a call.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian O'Connell Show. What are you making do with nine four one four one O four three? Cursed in Christian, my car gets stuck in park, so I have a screwdriver in the passenger seat that I used on the release switch to get out of park. That's amazing, Janine, Christian can only use the hot tap in the en Sweet Casanzi. How you took the tap off to try and fix it? Now we need to help someone to fit so you can only use the hots out. That's incredible. But Linda, my fifteen year old fridge died in June last year, so we just starting to use the bar fridge in the backyard as our only fridge. I'm getting quite used to walking out. They're in all hours. This is some janey. My fridge store is broken, so we have to kick it shut. But what powerful thigh is? You're gonna have this your workout system? Tak a punch bang, Fiona the TV has died watching staff on a laptop via monitor. A lot of us set up that, Angela, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey, how are you, Christian?
Speaker 5: I'm good, Angela. I hope you well. So make him do what do you make him do with?
Speaker 7: Look?
Speaker 8: I say, and spoil compared to some of those other people.
Speaker 9: All right, the number two button on my microwave no longer number twos?
Speaker 5: Oh no, now what is the number two? Is that defrost? What is that for?
Speaker 7: We lock the number So if you wanted to.
Speaker 5: Twenty minutes or two minutes, you can't know.
Speaker 2: No, we are now a house of intervals, just odd numbers only.
Speaker 7: Well you two minutes noodles are now interval.
Speaker 5: Noodles, you know. But it's good for Matt, Yes it is. You're right minutes constant. Yeah, that's great, and so thank you very much for sharing. May have a good day you too, So you buy now.
Speaker 1: Morning Christian?
Speaker 5: Morning mail mail? What do you make and do with me.
Speaker 10: Well, my shower is in a bit of a state. The tiles are falling off, the bases come away from the bottom of the shower, so it's just being held together with glue and silicon the moment.
Speaker 5: Now that sounds like a death trap and the additional water added to it just sounds like really safe situation.
Speaker 10: We've had floods in the bathroom, in the bedroom getting glued and siliconed again, and I can't actually clean it properly.
Speaker 5: Every time you go to clean yourself and have a shower, it's costing you money.
Speaker 10: And at home Reno, well it is, yeah, and I've just got to get in there and spray it with exit molds because if I use a brush or a sponge or something and put that pressure on it, it just pushes in and puts holes in there.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I think we should do? We should do like a makeover week where we go from these mate do to makeover and like hearing about that, you know, I'd love to send someone around just sort out for you. Let's get a Jess here now. Good morning, Jess, Good morning, how are we all. I'm good, Jess. Welcome to a show. That's to call it mate and what do you make and do with?
Speaker 11: So we're making do with our bathroom. So we bought a house and realizing we went to renovate the bathroom that was actually missing most of the floor sub floor underneath. So we've got a family of four currently using an on suite who's one by three meters because we can't renovate our bathroom.
Speaker 3: One buys three.
Speaker 5: I mean maybe even people in port for at present. Right now, we're going that's pretty bad.
Speaker 3: Don't even stretch out your arm.
Speaker 5: Basically, you're living and using a toilet facility's in Guantanamo Bay there. Just that I got orange.
Speaker 11: Jumpsuits and come down from Queensland because it's six of us.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, that's a terrible toilet based reality show. Big System.
Speaker 1: Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Christian o'connall show. The drawer I'm most friend off in the kitchen is the tup Aware drawer. It's Jesus like a spider's nests. I panic opening it because it's like a check in the box. Everything's just a tup aware. You can't find the right lid with it. It's my wife's favorite drawer of the house. I can always tower. It's can be one those days on a Sunday afternoon when she starts getting it all out and trying to find the lids with it, you know, like missing socks. People talking about pairing up the socks, pairing up the tup of wak the lid with the main thing is my dear hell.
Speaker 3: That's where we don't have any tubes in that tupe away drawer that matched their lid except for you know, it's a one fits one scenario.
Speaker 5: What are yours? Is a mac at the ordered pass?
Speaker 2: Well, you know what the secret is. You just put the lids back on them so when you get them out of the dish stack.
Speaker 12: Oh easy.
Speaker 5: So I used like a nesting thing, you know, one goes in, one goes in, so like that like the bush godles.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, No, we've got we've got a really big pantry, and I.
Speaker 3: Just I've got three peoples nice you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: In the bottom of it, humble bro apigs a pantry calling now one four one o four three, Why don't you rent it out? Make some money on the side of there, got some backpackers, some island living in there.
Speaker 2: I've got three big After twenty five years of being in the house, I've perfected the tupperwair cupboard. I just have three big troughs. Like you know, there's big containers. You get it kmart for storage storage containers.
Speaker 5: Not really seeing a trough there, you mean like a horse feeds out.
Speaker 2: It's just about as big. So I've got three next to each other, so I can just put the lids on top of them and they're all neatly all in there.
Speaker 5: I don't have that kind of just ad in my life. We got one drawing and you're shoving it the yeah, yeah, yeah, it doesn't even close fully because some of them are like peeking out, trying to get out, like some sort of toy story escape thing going on.
Speaker 3: When was the last time you actually tried to buy Tupperware? The brand Tupperware.
Speaker 5: We've got some kind of thing.
Speaker 3: There's a whole lot of look alikes. Now, yeah, it's so expensive. Well, I don't know where I was shopping for it, but I went to find some tupperware and the vintage stuff that looks like the stuff that we had in our houses thirty years ago. One hundred and fifty bucks for five.
Speaker 2: Bars because it's retro.
Speaker 3: It's all back in.
Speaker 5: Remember did your mom ever go to those Tuperware parties? Host them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Constantly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she'd see the next day, where were you a Tuperware party?
Speaker 3: It is good stuff.
Speaker 5: The top of Wear party still exists. I'd love to know.
Speaker 3: If someone's throwing a party this long weekend.
Speaker 5: Someone committing right now, who is a Tupperware salesperson, because they're go into a demonstration, don't they, and that they go around houses and then they start selling this stuff. I'd love to know if anyone does actually sell that and they still have Tupperware parties on nine four one four one oh four three, So this stuff was on hundred and fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: It's so expensive. We should host if no one's doing tupperwear parties anymore.
Speaker 5: We're coming on the show part of that. Yeah, yeah, I might miss that one show.
Speaker 2: I'd love doing that.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: I was talking about how we had a ant problem in our letterbox.
Speaker 3: How's it going.
Speaker 5: Let's just say they ain't coming back soon. I laid down yesterday the ant traps these sort of double sided trays. A lot of people recommended this. You get ten of them. You break them off, and they've got some sort of sugar you know what, It's a jair. You can place them anywhere, right, They're double sided. So I'm laying these traps like them in the essay, Yes, going. These guys have picked the long letter box my friends, and they're like guys part of that, all over it. Thousands of them believe yeah yeah, and they're like running off with it. I'm like, yeah, run all you want to the queen? Wait, does she get to know this stuff? You ain't coming back? They've all gone yeah, And as I'm doing it right, but one of my daughters comes back, she goes, what are you doing when I'm Laney's an traps and there's going to be no more problem, Like God, it's so sad being a grown up. We actually, I can't believe how I am disapportionately happy right now.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for you. I'm kind of jealous. I don't have it, and so I can't see the look on their faces when they carry that Gelbert.
Speaker 5: I took photos to put on our group WhatsApp chat, and I went, what are they going to do with this? Would they be happy for me? Or would they go with everything after.
Speaker 3: I would have enjoyed that given you a lie, but I.
Speaker 5: Was so happy I felt I didn't texted my wife going I've put those an traps down, and she was like, well done, Chris, high five in each other from various suburbs. I like, this is what it is to be grown up. I'm taking a strange disaportion to light to laying down traps. I'm being a functioning adult for once.
Speaker 3: Oh I've got one from Justin for the weekend. Something I've noticed I've done this summer that I've never done before. When I get home from a holiday, now I get my suitcase out straight away, unpack it. The clean clothes go back in the drawer. Dirty clothes go in the wash. First thing I do when I get home. Whereas I used to be leave it for a week.
Speaker 5: I'm still it's a week or two. You see that, and it's all like strewn out there. Even start rummaging to wear something down there. It's an ugly reminder, isn't that suitcase? Yeah? So you did it straight to work out.
Speaker 3: Before I even have a drink of water and go to the toilet, there's a load on the washing.
Speaker 5: This has been a grown up Patsy. What do you do when you know you're grown up?
Speaker 2: I love when plans are canceled. Say you're going out for dinner with friends and one of their kids is sick or something. Oh gee, sorry, guys, we can We don't.
Speaker 5: Need to lie in that kids is sick.
Speaker 3: It's going to be in the hospital for.
Speaker 5: That little Tommy kids ill. God is so good being an adult at work.
Speaker 3: That's stuff we've been putting in his drinks.
Speaker 5: When those ant traps, it's lunch, it's your shocking, shocking years when kids are sick.
Speaker 2: You took it out of context. Canceled, And I was giving an example. If a kid's sick or something's happened and they can't go, and.
Speaker 5: I can talk who the kid being sick, we can get confused and the phone is about six kids it's not.
Speaker 2: And I think, yay, I can be in my pj's at eight o'clock.
Speaker 5: No, you're right. It is a delight when people cancel something, even if they're good friends. You're just like, great, that is one less thing I have to do or show up for, be presental. What's the opposite to pomos? They're a joy? Of missing out. Yeah, I know you're all out that I don't care. I'm okay, all right? What do you do? Signs? You know? You know when you're an adult nine four one four one o four three. Jack empty in his suitcase the moment he comes back, Me laying down and trapped. Patsy celebrating kids being ill? What is it for you?
Speaker 1: But Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: You know you're an adult when what's it for you? Nine four one four one o four three. This was my wife last week they changed the layer of our local supermarket. My wife came back and was in such was so pissed. Just why would they do this to something I've already complained. I've already complained it's too much, you know when they changed the layout. It just fries our mind as a pooring adult, doesn't it? What hol on a minute? The groceries used to why would you do this?
Speaker 3: We had? I remember when I went at Hoyt's. We changed from being a free for all seating arrangement too. You had to get allocated seating and people like your life complaining we like the old sister.
Speaker 5: You tell us why what I was in the other and I heard these poor like teenagers, you know, don't really care. It's just a joorge to them. They can't white. Why would you do this? They were talking about head office. Don't the old people what is it? Something ahead of this? And do they realize that the chaos this is causing always comes our five to get the right?
Speaker 2: You know, when you ask for something in the supermarket, they are obliged apparently they have to like take you to where it is and I'll say, oh, no, it's.
Speaker 5: All and they're always real happy about doing that. They've got to get that crappy thing out their pants, you know, they chap and they go, oh nine, they walk you there to get right.
Speaker 3: Well, I know that you're you're the rules. Are you're meant to walk.
Speaker 11: Rules?
Speaker 5: Rules? Okay? What is peak? Adult team? Nine four one four one o four three Tamia? Come morning.
Speaker 10: I know I am excited when I am an adult adults because I buy pots and pans when they're definitely on sale.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, what is it? The joy of a cell? It's the joy of a cell. And you're right, pots and pants? So are you going this weekend shopping for pots and pants?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 7: I've actually got my whole kitchen already.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, well done. This is peak being a grown up, isn't it to me? Thank you very much? You call let's go Shane now, good morning Shane.
Speaker 13: You get Chris. I can't below on SI and it's but I'm watching the IB Yeah I can remember when my parents used to watch it. You think three? Why now I'm doing on MILF.
Speaker 3: So what are you watching? Shane?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Oh that's a good show called back Ride. You don't have to leave the town to know what's going on around the rest of Australia.
Speaker 5: And what is it like a travel show?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Are not really alike? You just get your k about. Other night there's a show on Narracle. We don't have to go to Narra cook.
Speaker 5: Because I'm on TV. You stay there YC TV.
Speaker 2: It's that old news theme that reminds me of my grandparents' house every time I hear it.
Speaker 5: The old.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah income you who got it? My friend? I heard it? Shane. Thank you very much? You cool?
Speaker 1: Wait, take care good on your bike.
Speaker 5: Thank you. I thought it was a cliche. The people actually sayham that guy rocks fed income. Amazing scenes Andrew Coome morning. Good morning.
Speaker 7: How are you going?
Speaker 5: I'm good, Andrew, welcome to the show. So you know you're an adult when.
Speaker 7: Well, no, no, you started getting old when I was originally used to throw away out the catalogs for the coals and wools now and actually start flicking through them and get excited. Want to see bus at half price?
Speaker 5: I'm not there yet, but I don't judge you. I'm sure when my wife loves.
Speaker 3: A catalog, those catalogs for us is still getting fold straight to the recycling before they go inside. But I know pats you like to bring.
Speaker 2: I love the junk mail.
Speaker 5: I bet you are a coupon girl as well, Patsy coupons. Yet, oh my word, my wife loves those coupons. You's got a special pouch. And then I creep out the house going to super Micro because I think.
Speaker 3: It's she'll make you take the.
Speaker 5: Good and.
Speaker 3: Be painful.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna wear it. Let me just get the pouch. It only says that twenty says, because I hate when when they hate you, we go I've got to say I've got a couple. You've got coopon. She said that before we start ringing this all up. They go I'm just gonna get my supervisor. See, no, I didn't tell this guy from the radio. Obviously he's not going very well on that shot. He just came watching the church and he was to take ten cents of somebody just ringing that out for tight Wood.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: God only four point three. It's the Christian O'Connell Show Monday Morning for Harris Scarf. On this show, anything you hear us talking about, we move on, but we never leave it completely behind. You can pick up anything you've heard us talk about, whether it's an old podcast or any of the shows over the last six years. We called it late to the party Late Now. Last week on the show, we were stories of what you left behind Christian our team. Years ago, I was traveling back and forth. Sorry, this is from Mark Smith my Manners. Years ago. Mark Smith was traveling back and forthwardween the US and hear Australia. Two girls I live with decided to have a trip to the US and I played tall guy. One day. I took them to Alcatraz. You guys ever done that tour? And it's fantastic, Oh my god, it's so good. It's one where you want to get the audio. Yes, terrifying. You know.
Speaker 3: The day we went, they had an ex prisoner there who was signing books, which is a bit of a weird person a signature from. Yes, I don't remember what he did, but he was the it's.
Speaker 5: Not really a question. You can ask him he was if you're there. It was a maximumsegurinity.
Speaker 3: Prisoner's murderous, they said, the worst people there. But he was the last person left in our last prisoner in Alcatraz.
Speaker 5: But it must have been very lonely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's a lonely you know.
Speaker 5: No one ever escaped.
Speaker 3: Well they tried, but they don't know because the three people escape, but they weren't sure if they drowned or not.
Speaker 5: Because shark confested waters. Yes, anyway, we was Mark smith tour guide. He takes them to Alcatraz. We had fun there and when when we were down in the big shower area think about the movie The Rock where the Special Ops team is killed, we heard big, heavy keys and rattling and then even heavier doors slamming shut behind us.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: I remember we all look at each other with a sense of horror, realizing what just happened. We were locked in at Alcatraz. No, Oh, my god, you'd be so scared. It was the middle of winter and all I could think was that we'd be found the next day is frozen popsicles in sync. We all just yelled at the top of our lungs, petrified that this is where we die. After about five long minutes, we hear the keys and sign and relief. We were lucky that someone figured out that the numbers coming in did not match the numbers coming out. It was the last ferry of the day. That's terrifying. Mark Mark, great email, though, thank you very much. This comes from Daniel and Rovial Christian. I don't know if your parents did this, or Jack or Patsy's did, but my parents and grandparents and the friends, which is way before the internet, did this when newspapers used to rule the world, go through the death notices come in to other people that they knew.
Speaker 3: I remember, Mum and Dad.
Speaker 5: No, no, I remember what I when I would do sometimes is you know those are like the wedding announcements. I'd always work out who might split up. Maybe that was just just based off their names alone or hotel photo. You know, sometimes you see wedding photos. You're like, what if you is getting a better deal than the other. No, no, you could just speculate. In fact, let's do this so they still do that. You can look at those photos Nina Christian, where we're talking about secret stashes last week on the show where my kids were youngest, to stash my chocolates in places they would never go to, in amongst the frozen peas and beans from the freezer. You're right, no kids are going rummaging round there. That's from Nina Christian. I've been catching up with the old podcast. Is keeping me sane this year, but a tough year lost my dad. I'm very sorry to hear that, Jennifer, and so I've been catching up on shows. You were talking recently about wanting to launch a grilled cheese pop up. Still very keen. How about the next best thing where I live? It's a food truck here in Denver, Colorado that's called what would Cheesus Do?
Speaker 2: Oh brilliant.
Speaker 5: The sandwiches are so good. Even though I love cheddar, every time I find myself for getting this one forbidden fig Bree Granny Smith apple slice, paper thin fig jam, caramelized onions and the bread is drizzled with Boo sammic vinegar. I am starving now. This is cruel, Jennifer. I always had a tiny bit of turkey and it shouldn't work with Christian. It melts in the mouth. I've attached the links so you can get even hungry. Look at the menu. This is crawl Jennifer and Colorado. Thanks to Jack and Patson, you guys and all the listeners at corn Tape part of the show for being my happy place in America this year. Jennifer. I hope you're right. Are you going to support you need right now in a tough year? And thank you very much your lovely email. All right, then my email address. You come to me directly. Email me your email selate la party Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: But Christian O'Connell show podcast god.
Speaker 5: Run A four point three. This is the Christian O'Connell Show Monday Morning for Harris Scarf. All right, let's play the TV guide game.
Speaker 6: Sometimes you want to play the TV guide synopsis game.
Speaker 4: I read the blurb.
Speaker 5: You say the.
Speaker 12: Name first, I'd say this shows about US naval lawyers.
Speaker 4: Then you would say that is Jack.
Speaker 6: That's how you play the TV guide synopsis game.
Speaker 5: You could have got a job on Session Street. It so beautifully in song and rme so lucky.
Speaker 3: We had an example there because I couldn't comprehend the complex of the game.
Speaker 5: Unknown TV show called Jack. All right, so uh me, Jack and Pat's taking each other on Rio. You've got some TV shows the description.
Speaker 6: Yes, I've got descriptions from the original TV guides from the eighties and nineties.
Speaker 4: Also read them.
Speaker 6: You will say the correct answer using your mouth buzzers.
Speaker 3: O'Connell giants post great.
Speaker 4: Are you ready? They come with a free fun fact.
Speaker 3: We didn't have.
Speaker 6: Question number one, A street wise, poor young man from Philadelphia is sent post post.
Speaker 3: It is fresh Prince of Belair's Philadelphia.
Speaker 5: First a Rocky movie Philadelphia? Why did they make Rocky? The TV show? Tragedy? Fun fact?
Speaker 6: This was Will Smith's first ever acting gig, and in the first season you can see mouthing along to some of the other characters lines while he's on camera.
Speaker 5: Nicely done, all right. Second question the.
Speaker 6: Comical everyday life of Whiney Mummer's boys sports columnists, and he's dispost post Everybody loves Raymond.
Speaker 5: It's very good, very good. I have a fun fact and a sad fact, which is what the fun fact.
Speaker 7: That was.
Speaker 4: The sad fact was.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately both of raised parents have now died.
Speaker 4: But the fun fact is Romana's time on the.
Speaker 6: Show made him the highest paid sitcom actor of all time, and that record still.
Speaker 5: Stands today, more than any of the Friends cost Yes.
Speaker 6: From the original payments, it's estimated he's made over two hundred and thirty million just his base salary.
Speaker 5: It was a huge show, brilliant show as well, very very funny, well done Jack.
Speaker 6: Question number three, the daily trials and tribulations of a TV show host raising three mischievous boys with help from.
Speaker 5: His lone O'Connell Fuller House.
Speaker 3: No, it has to be Home Improvement.
Speaker 5: Three from three for the Postman.
Speaker 12: I've also got a fun fact that a sad thing that show no One, but he did go to jail for a Yes.
Speaker 6: In nineteen seventy eight, Tim Allen was arrested with three kilograms of narcotics, but snitched out the people he did it with to get away.
Speaker 3: With it, so avoided and then we got Home Improvement. So we're all, what a blessing?
Speaker 5: For all Santa.
Speaker 2: He was Santa in some movie.
Speaker 3: What was yes, the Santa Claus.
Speaker 5: Great Blue. Okay, I think Patsy and I need to take a break to regroup and get our heads in the game. We're barely in this. Jack is running away.
Speaker 1: With it The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Jack is up? What three nail Now? In the TV Guide game, Patsy and I yet to score a point. I know you're playing along as well. How are you getting on it? You're doing better than Patsy and I. All right, Rio, let's get back into it. Let's see if we can win some points. Patsy all right?
Speaker 4: If any of you two want to start playing there, I like him SATs.
Speaker 6: This series follows the adventures of a train and Allconnell, who.
Speaker 3: Was actually post Thomas the Tank Engine.
Speaker 5: Thomas the Tank I didn't even know this is going to bind myself time and go train time.
Speaker 4: Thomas the tank Engine Ringo Star.
Speaker 5: That's right, have a little clip if you'd like to play, Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a love watching this when the kids were younger. Thomas is a tank engine lives at a big station on the island of Soldo. He's a cheky little engine. It sounds like on the outsakes, So sergeant album.
Speaker 6: Alright, question number five, we have got nothing is too hot today?
Speaker 4: This is more in your era.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, well all.
Speaker 3: Those nineties ones? Was I watched so much TV as a kid, honestly, so home improve.
Speaker 5: Reading the news, hillbilly radio.
Speaker 4: What an ugly creature who loves eating cats?
Speaker 5: You can't say? Yeah, Garfield, no post post by.
Speaker 3: Definitely definitely.
Speaker 5: Stop the vote.
Speaker 4: While Garfield, who is a cat cats.
Speaker 5: In the UK, We've got a very extreme version of it. He was a cat cannibal catable.
Speaker 3: What's the fact about alf It's.
Speaker 5: Actually not that good.
Speaker 6: But on the fourth season, tensions were so high that Matt's wright, who played Alfa, attacked the alf puppet and screamed, put us all on sticks.
Speaker 4: We're all puppets for you.
Speaker 3: Wow, very checkered past that actor. That fact. No, no, no, it's interesting. There's a biography. It's really interesting.
Speaker 2: He had a shocking life for it anyway.
Speaker 5: Fun fact again, listen, no one sad facts otherwise. The old Toper.
Speaker 4: All right, last two questions.
Speaker 6: A whimsical and adventurous children's series that follows an eccentric family who lives in.
Speaker 4: A lighthouse.
Speaker 3: Post post post Round the Twists Around the Twist, which is now a production in Brisboe Come Back, a stage production, a musical that's better than my fun facts.
Speaker 5: Let's go with that.
Speaker 3: What's yours?
Speaker 6: There's an episode titled Little Squirt where the boys at school lineup and try.
Speaker 3: To pee over a giant ball. I remember, and then he gets a spirit in his WII.
Speaker 4: Yes, a spirit haunts him.
Speaker 3: We have the prediious.
Speaker 6: All right, this is an episode synopsis, not a series synopsis.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: After fleeing East Berlin by posing as a corpse and escaping in a coffin turned jet.
Speaker 14: Ski O'Connell O'Connell mcgiver, what a great episode.
Speaker 4: He also once made a.
Speaker 6: Hot air balloon out of just a soccer ball, kerosene and newspaper.
Speaker 5: That's why he escaped him maximum security prison. And as a kid, I was like that guy. So ball.
Speaker 4: Post two weeks in a.
Speaker 5: Row, Jackie boy. That is the TV guide sarknops is game for this week.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: We want to know about food. So when you were a kid, used to consider fancy. To me, fancy was Viennetta. I actually thought like, this is what the Queen Muss have because it seems such a It was like maybe once the only birthday you can have Vanetta. It was a very common thing, it was seeing it's very posh.
Speaker 3: The commercials were they the same in the UK Australia it was very fancy silver plates.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and a buttler with white gloves bringing out basically ice cream. Wow, to live like that, you know there's people that have this like weekly or something. Aren't just annually, Patsy, what are you consider posh food?
Speaker 2: When you were a kid, it was always a staple after dinner Mints at a dinner part party or if you're at a wedding that have wedding cake, and it was just a given you would serve red shul up after dinner mints, which you can no longer get any.
Speaker 5: You're right. It was a really big treat, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: All laid down on a.
Speaker 3: Silver I've had a mint that they put a new hotel pillow.
Speaker 2: This was These were like a chocolate square jack that was sort of rippled and in the middle was a beautiful.
Speaker 5: Very fine, sort of thin chocolate, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: It was and like in a little envelope sleeve.
Speaker 5: And so the big brand we had in Europe was called after eights. So it was like from late night dinner party, the sky's a tempa seat. I just go and get the requis at choppers. But after age? What lazy branding? After eight? Because they probably have them after eight, after eight, so I'll go and get them. And they came in this prediculously pretentious or scentatious wrapping and stuff like that. But again, if you ever work around someone's house I have that, you would always go.
Speaker 3: That's like a ferrero y because of the wrapping, the wrapping.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, give us call. Then, when you were a kid, what food did you consider I remember pineapple slices.
Speaker 15: I just consider really fancy. Have you been to the Caribbean to get them pineapples?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: If you grew up in like Dicken's time, you know, all.
Speaker 5: Right, when you're a kid, rather than pineapple slices, what do you don't tell me you had tin peaches? What fols did you consider fancy when you were a kid.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, So.
Speaker 5: We're talking about the foods when you were a kid that you considered posh and fancy. Sharon also with me Vonetta ice Cream Nikki Christian whoever did the marketing Vannesta was a genius because everyone believed it was a posh dessert. You and Jack are right, it's just ice cream with layers of earth thing. Have you ever had it before?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we used to have it on special occasion.
Speaker 5: Yes, I used to love it, everyone's saying. Vanetta question in my mind was definitely only for rich people. One of the greatest. If you think about that, one of the greatest marketing campaigns ever.
Speaker 3: Is it just because it had the decorative swirl on top?
Speaker 5: I think so? Yeah, I just the advert Laura, prawn cocktail in a champagne glass with iceberg, lettuce leaf and Thousand Island dressing. AKA you used to call it seafood source. Yes, I remember that was considered very prawn cocktail in a champagne glass. Christian remember my mum and dad having friends over for dinner mid eighties? Do you remember when your parents used to have friends over. It was the only time you'd maybe seen your mum or dad tipsy. Was when you used to have friends around, used to see like a different site.
Speaker 3: Do you have to be on your best behavior as well. Fanny, we got coming, La.
Speaker 5: Yeah, come down and say hi and then get lost. Christian individual packets of chips. My friends had them in their lunch box and her mum drove a reno. I thought the family was the height of sophistiction. Oh French fancy. Christian. I used to think if you had padlover, you were loaded. Heart ice cream cake that was top shelf stuff from rod and wine from a bottle cardboard box. Can you still get wine in those cardboard boxes?
Speaker 3: You definitely can. My dad only that's the only one I knew for about the first ten years of my life.
Speaker 5: Julia and Anthea. Avocado that was served and come in a fan shape. I remember that as well. All right, let's take some colts here at nine four. Three foods that you considered posh and fancy as a kid. Maria, Yes, Maria, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 13: Good morning, thank you.
Speaker 8: How are you guys all good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're great. Now listen, Maria, what was the food for you that you thought was posh when you were a kid.
Speaker 8: Oh, my goodness. It used to be a pickled onion or a cocktail called onion with the cabana and the cheese cube all strewed through a toothpick and displayed all over Pineapple.
Speaker 5: You're right. If there was the use of some kind of skewer, this imusuately made it fancy and posh. It was a skewer. Yes, the little toothpick through it. Maria, that's a great one. Thank you very much, thank you. Connie. Good morning, Connie, gooday, Hey Connie. So when you were a kid, what food did you think was posh?
Speaker 9: Very posh? When mum used to make like a casserole, like a beef casserole, and she'd put it right in the middle of your plate, and then she would make white steams rice and put it around a circle around the casserole, and just the way it was presented, we would think it was five star and eat it really slowly because it was the good meal.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I love that, the good meal. Yeah, there used to be like one meal, yet your mum could do it was the good meal.
Speaker 3: Never heard a casserole described as posha before, But I guess it's all in the presentation.
Speaker 9: It was all about the presentation. If she put the rice on the side and the casserole. On the other side, we just wouldn't enjoy it as much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you imagine going to a fancy restaurant. Nah, go, I have the casting ourselves anniversary, Connie, great call, Thank you very much, and let's go to Joel. Now, good morning, JOELMORI are good Joe. So Joel, when you were a kid, what do you consider food that was fancy or posh?
Speaker 8: Okay, I agree with previous callers and of being there ice creams or being the blasterbly it was called.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 8: I only ever had it, probably once when I was younger. That was someone else's half of the party, not because my parents couldn't afford it, but because he's just the size of it. As a prize, we payed three times as much as a regular you know ice free.
Speaker 5: You're right, it was that was it was. It was really really expensive too.
Speaker 8: But the commercials on TV, even now an adult and they're outdated on in my forties now and now I will go and go, wow, they're almost watching.
Speaker 5: No bad geniuses whoever made those TV adverts? Best marketing campaign ever? Yeah, Joel, great coil, thanks you, color. I have a good day.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: But it's time now for the misheard lyrics. It's just another mis heard Monday.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's misheard lyrics.
Speaker 5: Every money on the show, we play back your misheard lyrics. So as we were playing them back trying to see if we can hear your misheard lyric, you were here for the ones we do hear them, and for the ones where we cannot, and for the brilliant ones. Come straight into Hall of Fame last week a Hall of Famer for Bill's stereophonics and Dakota, you make me feel like a worm. All right, brand new ones we have. Andrew, here's a misheard lyric from a band. I do not believe you're a fan of Limp Biscuit, Andrew. You guess Gret was. Jackie Boy had the T shirt. He had the T shirt. He loved to get his Limp Biscuit on counterfeit.
Speaker 3: But you know this one, I don't remember counterfeit.
Speaker 5: Oh, Andrew is going deep cut. You're a counterfeit hmm sounds great? Or is it? You're a coutered fake coward. I mean it is a you're a coutered fake coward. Yes, well done. Andrew Comrade has Caribbean Queen by Billy Ocean by Billy Ocean, Caribbean Queen. Or is it carry you, Quentin, Carry you, Quentin?
Speaker 3: I can hear the qu.
Speaker 5: No Phil has nineteen twenty seven. That's when I think of you go mad not being with you? Or is it, young man, I'm not peeing with you? It's done. Kate's Got seven Years by Lucas Graham Gray Song. Or will I have a lot of children who can hold me? Belove my line and children keep? Or is it when I have a lot of children who can bore me? Okay, I don't know whether this is actually it or this is how you feel about your kids, or well, I have a lot of children who can bore me, Kill my line and children keep. Yeah, that's a great spot. Kill my line and children keep, world done. Cake Rachel has this. I'd like to challenge one of your most classic misshand lyrics of all time in Metallica's Enter sad Man. So the original line is dreams of war, dreams of liars, dreams of dragon's fire and all things that will bite the world the wagon. So four years ago we had this mishard lyrics for that same bit there that was dreams of War, Dreams of Liars, dreams of dragon's Fire, and a baked apple pie, Last Dagons. It's amazing, still a Hall of Famer, but Rachel's got an update, Dreams of War, dreams of Liars, dreams of dragon fire, and a big double bed.
Speaker 4: Last Dagons.
Speaker 5: Oh my, this is the first time it goes back into the Hall of Fame. It was already in instance Dreams of War, dreams of lies, dreams of dragon fires and a big double bed last Dagons file. Oh my god, that is so good. Well done, Rachel. All right, we're going to play a song. We're going to come back. We've had so many mishurd lyrics. We're going to do a second partner next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: So many miss lyrics have coming over the last couple of days. We're doing it in two parts, all right, So are you ready to go into part two?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 5: All right, So let's go to Matts. That's got Vampire Weekend, Harmony Hall and the Stone Walls of Harmony Hall, Bear Witness or is it and the Stone Walls? I vomited on Bear Witness God I'm looking at thinking, there's no way this is in there. What is this guy on about?
Speaker 16: It?
Speaker 5: Is there? Word for word and the stone walls. I'm vomited on bear witness in that has to be a Hall of Famer, Matt Well, don't come on in Hall of fame. Owen has worth a shot by Ellie King might be in a bottle? Or does Elie King need to leave a sample that the doctors might pe in a bottle? I'm hearing my p in a bottle? Yes, yeah, weld John men without hat safety dance. We can dance. We can dance. We're doing it from pole to pole. Or is it we can dance, we can dance. We're doing it before the pope. Yah, yeah, I can hear that for the Pope. Yes, John Cadum has got Goodbye Yelloweat Road by Elton John Sniffing for tipbits like you on the ground. I want to hear this song now or is it sniffing for turkeys like you on the ground?
Speaker 3: Wow, funny way to say it is it is turkeys.
Speaker 5: Turkeys? What them callum? And finally today on the time waste is mister Jones. Lockie's got this, Mister Jones counting crows and I want to be someone to believe, to believe, to believe.
Speaker 9: Yeah, someone.
Speaker 5: Or other county girders having trouble starting their car, and I want to be someone jump a lead, jump a lead jumper lead. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Someone that's so good.
Speaker 5: That's one of my favorites of the year. That is brilliant, lucky, well done, Come on in Hall of favor. Miss there is today. Thank you very much everyone who sends us in every single day, seven days a week. We get these as always. When you miss here one, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Thank you The Christian Connell Show podcast. These days, you google so much stuff every single day. When you actually look back on your phone and you see all the open tabs that stare there from strange questions that in any given day you just dump into Google. When you look back, it actually says a lot about the state of your mind. So I can just see just in the last twenty four hours what I've been googling, right, easy slow cooker recipes. My twenty year old daughter is a housewoman gift. We've just moved into a first house share with two other students and I thought they've got a real cheap basic oven in this rental. Right, So I've brought the house woman gift a slow cooker because they're easy to use. They're idiot proof, you just chuck all the stuff in.
Speaker 3: It does need foresight and planning, though, which is something.
Speaker 5: Some students they're not notorious for. So I've also bought this recipe book that I've found when I googled easy slow cooker recipes. If people love, We've got so cooker, they're great. If anyone does have their own recipes, by the way, please let me know. Email me Christian at Christian Oconnor dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give you one.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 3: We got one for brisket that is toddler friendly and actually came out of like Eat with your Toddler book.
Speaker 5: It is, so I'll tell you I will need that because obviously my daughter has actually just had three wisdom teeth out, so a broken down slow cooked brisket is just what she needs. Yes, please, Rial, what have you got a slow cooker recipes?
Speaker 4: Student?
Speaker 6: I always used to do recipe eaters pulled pork, secret.
Speaker 4: Ingredient orange juice.
Speaker 13: It is O. J.
Speaker 6: Gibs a bit of sweetness, and you can use it for so many different meals. So you can use it for natchas burritos, tuckers sandwich.
Speaker 5: And as a source of vitamin C. Students really need.
Speaker 3: To Spirents and students are the only ones that get scurvy.
Speaker 5: There's an outbreak and ascot fell of scurvy. It has come from my daughter's maca. You've got one.
Speaker 16: My suggestion is that you and your wife make her whatever she needs for the slow cooker. Just put it in a ziplockbag's freeze.
Speaker 5: It four meals we've given her.
Speaker 16: Bang and put it in the slow cooker. She doesn't need the four sight. She can just drop it all in, turn it.
Speaker 5: On and stand.
Speaker 3: But eventually she's got to cook for herself. Can't keep.
Speaker 5: Want independents. You're going to need some of Jack's word foresight. Yes, yeah, this generation, where's that foresight? And the other thing. Do you ever watch a TV show and you go, I'm enjoy the show, But Laudiah, he's got some nice clothes on his wardrobe that he's wearing there. You know, I'm really enjoying shrinking Jimmy in the show, Right is the dad in there has got some really nice cardigans, and so I've been trying to find where he's got them from. I've ordered a cheaper version that was on a Have you seen He's got a high level cardigan game right, and Blaze as as well. So I actually googled Jimmy's clothes shrinking. There was like ready forums, I'm guessing of middle men like me. Yeah, so that's just in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: Remember when Live TV used to tell you what the presenters wore at the end of the show over the credits, James Sherry is dressed by Hugo Boss.
Speaker 5: The only place that still does is Fox Footy two at the end of the TV shows, and I know it's Men's cub in Richmond.
Speaker 3: There's that many people googling, like what did Andrew Gays wear on the bounce?
Speaker 5: What is the chief wearing? All right, Jackie boy, what have you been googling?
Speaker 3: I was talking to somebody yesterday about doing infrared saunas, and the idea of an infrared sauna is instead of like true heat, it's this infrared heat that's meant to go under the skin.
Speaker 5: They're amazing. I go and have one, two or three times a week. They're great.
Speaker 3: He said, you can cook meat with infrared, So I googled you cooking.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be being fried in there when I get in one, like I'm in there for like fifteen minutes, am I frying infrared barbecues?
Speaker 3: And he's absolutely right. It's meant to give it a more rounded court so it doesn't have any cold on hot patches.
Speaker 5: The next time I'm in the infrared sauna, I take my slow cookery. No, it's just it's just me and this lamb shank as well.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying, like, this is brand cross Ray that does in infrared barbecues. It's still got a flame, but then it also has two infrared monitors on either side.
Speaker 5: Oh you know, like you do when you get the when you go into get it like a kebab or something. Oh yeah, they've got the pane the elephant's leg because that's what always like to me, the elephant legs round and well they're doing the infrared now, all right, rio, what have you got? What have you been googling? Recently?
Speaker 4: I googled can you have too much Vitamin C?
Speaker 6: Because I've become addicted to these delicious little sugary vitamin C the gummies or gummy Yeah, oh my god, because I don't really have sweets in the house, but I do have these vitamin gummies.
Speaker 5: We have them in the house so that my seventeen year old will take them. They're really much able.
Speaker 4: I will have like a whole handful an me too, though that is too many.
Speaker 3: They can become a laxative.
Speaker 5: Yeap that have you been me? My other? You did miss two shows last week? Maybe you were just on the toilet.
Speaker 6: I did also googling. I agree with can you have too much fire up? But maybe the first question is answered yes. But we used to do the same thing as kids.
Speaker 3: They had flintstone shaped ones and we weren't allowed to have treats in the cupboard, so the closest we could come to a lolly was the flintstones Vitamin c's.
Speaker 5: Did I turn you that time?
Speaker 16: That?
Speaker 5: So my mother in law wanted to have it over of those and shows. She found someone add on Facebook right, and I sight wasn't great and just saw gummies. She got a load of CBD gummies those chewables it out of grade. Yeah, not a lot of vitamins. She claimed it was a misunderstanding, but I'm not so sure.
Speaker 4: You can do too many of.
Speaker 5: Those, you can. I don't know if it's a laxative or whatever. That the munchies. She was always getting uo breats. Now, I know why. High as a kite, gayl what if your goodness knows what you've been? Was it maroon five b sides?
Speaker 3: No, it was actually really simple.
Speaker 16: I was driving home the other day and I saw a pelican flying over the top of the freeway, and I thought, how the hell do they fly?
Speaker 6: They're huge.
Speaker 5: I'm not I get it with the same sort of aerodynamics as any but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bigger, bigger wings. That's like a small bear will have small wings.
Speaker 5: And been their wings on hollow, you know, like playing wings. It's not all like a solid but they're huge, like an eagle's huge. Yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I look teryd actyless in prehistoric times.
Speaker 16: Is pretty crazy to think that dinosaurs were real, Like, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 5: It seems so like you haven't been ongoing bears right now because you feel like you're actually just stoned right now, this conversation, right, this break is over.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: Today, What are day to be alive? Thank a weather person day.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thanks join bun.
Speaker 5: So say all of us, we're looking for your weather songs. Before that some unnecessary facts from the producers. Meteorologists were found to be I quote here the least creepy people on Earth, according to a study in New Ideas in Psychology. The survey asked people which profession gave people the creeps weather people and whether when and whether women had the lowest scores, while taxidermists, sex shop owners, and funeral directors registered the highest levels of uncomfortability. All right, so we're looking for your weather songs today, weather songs. What are they all listening to on that headphones?
Speaker 3: Were they outside?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, that's it, that's it. And they have a look at that old tap that barometer. Humid the dogs out out, not so goldie, fat bottomed clouds, humid the dogs out, moving on. Let's just forget about that one pimball blizzard already, hell breezy lover bro put a Cardi on Sweetheart.
Speaker 3: Silver plus.
Speaker 5: Freddie's singing good Yeah, thunder pressure and Janey Bung got a gun. No, no, no, no, it's going to be so tomorrow. It's all okay, all right, jack, what have you got?
Speaker 3: Robbie Williams has been out in the rain. Oh dear, he's a wetter man.
Speaker 5: Gold for the balls to actually do that.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Shakira has been out in the rain too. Oh no, the drips don't lie.
Speaker 5: File that under bat bottom clouds.
Speaker 3: Well, the weather must have improved for the killers, mister Bright's son.
Speaker 5: No, No, you're right, No, we don't mark that. Come on, no spine leaves for you.
Speaker 3: And maybe it got too hot outside for Rod Stewart. Muggy May.
Speaker 5: That's more like a gold.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: It's christ O'Connell's show, alrighty on today's time. Wait, sir, we're looking for your weather songs. Jackie boy, you ready.
Speaker 3: Open the blinds. Let's see how it is out there to work that one.
Speaker 5: I love it. God, Jane Bunday, Bloody bun Day, brilliant you too, No, that's solid, but I'm Brian Night of the Lavina Dead Gold. Yeah, thank you Levina. Sorry, it's a quick impression for you. Tea tom News readers, wake me up before you snow snow gold some tony far enough height for your right to party. That's what they love to see. Who let the fog out like that too? Mark, not just we built the city, No, no, no, when the weather changes, No no, we built this humidity bronze solid adam dire straits. Oh they're all sweating a bit clammy. Oh yeah, Muggy for nothing gold. I don't know what it is. I love the word muggy. Muggy out there today. It's like an old sort of word, isn't it. Credit house, don't dream it's overcast and you know I read it out there. Run Bureau, the good old Bureau of Meteorogy, otherwise known as mom funk MCS.
Speaker 3: We're not doing mad but an honorable mention Silver.
Speaker 5: Brites Stuyler seeing they did a two for their world only Collins second Clearers cause cycling Silver. I tried Marcus seven Nation Balmy out there under that hat. Freddie wants to ride his icicle? Wanted to ride my icicle? Why all right? Not a very funny one today. Who's best in show?
Speaker 3: Let's give it to Muggie for nothing?
Speaker 5: Why not? Thank you leavinya, that's what he says. Look.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast