Speaker 1: The Rise and Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community.
Speaker 2: We pay our.
Speaker 1: Respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrest Rate Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello and welcome back to the Rising Conker Podcast. It is your host, Georgie Stephenson, and today we have a special Valentine's Day episode for you, all about self love, solo dates and self acceptance. I do just want to do a small trigger warning for the second half of this episode. We do touch on body image and disordered eating. It is very light, but yeah, just wanted to make sure we added that in there. But before we get into the show a tier, let's do a quick little week update.
Speaker 2: How is your week?
Speaker 3: She got in there.
Speaker 1: It was good. I had a lovely weekend with some girlfriends. We caught up with all our babies and the.
Speaker 2: Project has started.
Speaker 1: I know, I love it like me and a te are so excited. The vibes are high in the office, and oh my god, just the Facebook group of tiar it melts my heart.
Speaker 2: Do you die? I die time.
Speaker 1: My favorite thing about the project is when we do the live rounds of the Facebook group and seeing everyone show up post support. It's just an energy like no other and it's yeah, it's amazing.
Speaker 4: It's just always so high vibe. And last week, the sweetest lady posted in there.
Speaker 2: She's seventy, Susan Little Shadow, I love you, Susan tell us.
Speaker 4: She actually posted in there saying she wasn't going to share because she wasn't sure anyone would resonate with her. But she shared and everyone was just hyping her up in the comments. Jamie and I literally cried. It was just so beautiful.
Speaker 1: So Susan is seventy and she started the project and she's like, I finally want to do something for myself.
Speaker 2: And yeah, she was.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I didn't know about posting because I just feel like, you know, I don't know if anyone's going to resonate, and she did and then everyone got around her and it's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Best thing.
Speaker 3: We love you Susan.
Speaker 2: We love everyone in the project.
Speaker 1: So, guys, I just wanted to say, like, if you have joined us for this live round and you're in there and you're ready to go, I'm so proud of you and I'm.
Speaker 3: So for you.
Speaker 1: And this is going to be an amazing adventure and enjoy it. And it's going to be a little bit uncomfortable, but we're here for the uncomfort, aren't we.
Speaker 2: In here for sure?
Speaker 1: That's like any time you get uncomfortable and things feel fuzzy, it's like you go into the new level, embrace.
Speaker 4: It exactly, And like, that's something I want to reframe for myself this year, is when I'm uncomfortable, I need to then turn that into excitement for getting comfortable where I am currently uncomfortable, so that I can grow.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, such such a huge mindset like change, but it's like once you can get on board with that, it just feels so much better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's amazing, so bloty exciting.
Speaker 1: Also, before we get into the episode, we have a special love reading from our residence psychic Andrea.
Speaker 2: This one is juicy, how good.
Speaker 1: We thought it would be perfect for Valentine's Day and if you want to follow Andrea on Instagram. She does for live readings all the time, and also she is the psychic friend who I always get my personal readings of, like literally like I pay her to get a reading and always on point, always gives me so much clarity and she's just amazing. So you can follow her on Instagram at Andrea Sarah dot.
Speaker 2: Taro, which will pop in show notes of course.
Speaker 1: But here's her reading and then we'll get straight into the episode and Happy Valentine's Day, guys, Happy Valentine, Happy Gallantine's Day.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's for the goals. It's always for all the goals.
Speaker 1: And I hope you're doing something today that you're just giving, Like every day you should be loving yourself, but just that little something special. Yeah, yeah, love yours, Love you so much. Enjoy the episode, Happy Valentine's Day.
Speaker 5: I'm so excited to do a love reading for you all today. Love readings are They're the tea. They're like the most exciting reading that I do because we get so much intel and I always here for a little bit of goss, a little bit of intel.
Speaker 2: We love it.
Speaker 5: So the girls have asked me to do to reading Stay, which I'm thrilled about because it's going to help you decipher which messages for you and which message is not for you. So the fact reading that I'm going to do for you guys will be the ones that are in connection, so relationship, situationship, that type of vibe, just because they're reading from such a large or it is like a collective reading. Just take to the parts that resonate for you. Don't try and make the full message fit. Sometimes it's not meant for you and it's meant for someone else. And we're just going to try and extract the message that is coming through today. And then the next message will be for my honeys that are open to love, open to dating, kind of like figuring out what's happening next in their love life. So very excited to see what comes through. Let me shuffle and I'll jump back on and spill the tea with you before my relationship honeys. We have like a bit of a split message here, so I've the the energy that is relevant is definitely pissis in scorpio, so that could be you or that could be them. And also the split energy is an air sign male, so yeah, that's coming through as liberal Gemini and Aquarius. So the more with the water sign, I can actually see this is really exciting for you guys. There is like a little bit of a tower moment happening in the connection, but it's a good thing. Like it could be like restructuring the relationship is needed, or redirection, just making little tweaks to make the connection and the foundation stronger for the future, because I can feel so this is only going to be for some of you, or that it's resonating with that there is going to be a deeper level of commitment. So depending on your current relationship, this could be like going if you're dating, moving in together, or if you've been or even like an engagement, because we have the hyrofin here which speaks to a level of commitment that is deeper. So that's very exciting. But I can see that there is some restructure that is going to happen for us. But like it's important to know that this is not thing to be worried about, that this is normal. It's actually quite healthy to keep growing and like making little tweaks when if like they're being brought to the surface, and I think it's just a reminder that when you do this, that it's creating like a strong foundation. And then like a little cheeky side note that there is a deeper level of commitment coming. So do the work first and then we will see what happens with this horrifment car which is really exciting. And then for my ones that are like connecting with a male that is an air sign. We do have some stuff that is being brought to the surface. There's like an intense energy around them at the moment. I don't know if it's more so around your person's energy, but I do see like they are kind of going through it. I feel like it's them also going through it, and maybe that you are kind of like a bystander in this. So it is important to protect your energy. Like it's yeah, I think it's really good to be a supportive person in their life, but it's also important to pull back your energy and also, you know, make sure that you put your emotional and your mental health needs first. I can see that this situation is going to improve, but like it does have to, like the energy does have to dissipate and it has to calm down a little bit so you can be that supporting role, but make sure that you are putting you know, you protect your energy and protect your needs regardless if you're in a situation or relationship, it's really important to you know, give that love to yourself because otherwise you can't really support them anyway. And then you know, it'll be a smoother road for both of you if you just pull back a little bit. If that's resonating with you so exciting, it will definitely get better. Even that doesn't sound like it is exciting, but yeah, just remember to put your put your you know, to be balancing between your the energy and their energy, because then it will definitely smooth out. So now for my dating and looking for love or open to love, honeys, this is definitely my favorite type of reading because we're going to see who was coming in next to what type of energy that we're going to be connecting with next. Are you going to keep your like linkers open for or like you know? It's exciting because you'll be able to see if this connects with you in the short term future. So let's see, I'll pull some cards and I'll let you know. So let's have a look. We have a few cards that have popped up really beautiful. One card is like, I feel like the first message that we need to get out there is because it's come through so strong and definitely from like your higher self, and it's like, girl, you're not dating right now, Like this is like it's like for real. They are like, you know, put on dating on for a pause. Like if especially if you're feeling like a bit frustrated and burnt out with like connecting with people, They're just saying, like, you know, you need to like invest your energy into you. Now is not the time, Like your time will definitely come, and it probably towards later in the year is going to be more of a social time for you, and your energy is going to feel like you want to be able to give to people, You want to be able to connect and have those outings, but at the moment there's kind of like a little bit of a block, and your intuition is just like, please listen to me, like, you know, don't force connections right now because you are going to like potentially be frustrated or burnt out. So that is the first message that came through really strong for someone's intuition. I'm going to say there's a few people's intuition. Reinvesting that energy inwards instead of outwards is super important for you, especially especially right for right now, other hand, we have another message here. This is happening. I would say in the next three weeks or three months, there's going to be communication. This is going to be someone reaching out to you. There's this new line of communication that's coming in. But I think this possibly for some people for something that's going to be a pass can like someone reaching out from the past. For others, it's going to be a new person. But yeah, there is like this feeling of like like I think this is a small amount of you like, oh, it's not going to happen for me, like you know, kind of giving up on the dating scene. And then there's going to be like this message or this phone call that's kind of come in and it's going to be like it's a very big surprise. And then for others, you're like fully ready, Like there is definitely a lot of you that are actually really ready in a really stable place, that are like, you know good either way. You know, you're in this really good mindset, which I think is really healthy and it's really like peaceful. And then we do have like a healing guy. We've got a King of Cops here, which is great. King of Cops is all about emotional support, really vulnerable done like some healing workers, pretty self aware. They may be a little bit spiritual. I always feel like this card brings up this like they're spiritual without like really associating with spirituality, Like they just kind of are that way because they are natural healers. It's just like it's a natural skill that they have. Very empathic and they're very attuned to your needs. So they're going to be a giver, which is really beautiful. I mean, it's a vibe. We can't lie about that. So and they are very very ready for a deeper, deeper type of love, so they they're really in a good place. So King of Cops can be associated with a water sign, but it doesn't necessarily have to be. I'm going to say, it's more of the energy that this person is embodying. So I'm so excited for you all. You'll have to let me know if you meet this King of Coups because it is a vibe. Thank you so much for letting me read through and take care of my loves. I'll talk to you soon. Bye.
Speaker 1: So well, let's get into our special Valentine's or should be saying Gallentines.
Speaker 4: It's funny because I just had to explain to Georgie like Gallata tis guys good to know.
Speaker 3: I'd like had heard it, and I just didn't really understand the concept.
Speaker 1: So solo may in this episode we wanted to bring you obviously a Valentine's Day inspired episode all about how to date yourself and love yourself.
Speaker 3: I love this because it's.
Speaker 2: Like, I feel like.
Speaker 1: So simple, but it's like if you truly can get to a place where all you need is like you and you don't need external validation from like other people to make you feel whole, it is just so powerful, Oh for sure. And I think it's such a lifelong journey what so many people are on.
Speaker 3: And so let's have a chat about it before we get into the episode. Though a tear.
Speaker 1: I know at the end of the episode we're going to put in some of the NH team's favorite solo dates. Yes, but let's tell the moles.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's yours.
Speaker 1: I'm a simple gal, I'm not so my perfect solo date would be I actually did this se O listen there tim being like, go and have a solo date first of all because we have a change together and there's that situation. And then me getting a massage. I'm talking full body, ninety minute massage and I'm into like, I'm gonna butcher this kahana massage, which is a Hawaiian massage.
Speaker 3: They massa your whole body. It's not like back legs.
Speaker 1: It's like they massage the whole body the whole time.
Speaker 3: I hope you get that picture. And it's it's beautiful.
Speaker 1: And then and it's it's a bit of a spiritual massage. I love that they're this beautiful like Hawaiian preannum and stuff. Anyway, and then I go to the beach. I get a cyeball and I journal and I just have a little soak in the sun.
Speaker 2: That's such a nice solow date. Yeah, what about you mine? I have two.
Speaker 4: One is going to the cinema by myself. It's my favorite thing.
Speaker 3: I've literally never done this.
Speaker 2: Oh you have, It's it's life changing.
Speaker 4: Like the first time I did it, I was like, oh, people to think I'm a weirdo.
Speaker 2: But like one, no one can even see you.
Speaker 4: It's dark and it's just so like you get so immersed and as long as it's a good movie and it's one you.
Speaker 2: Enjoy, I just feel super creative after it.
Speaker 3: Did you go see Avatar alone?
Speaker 2: Now with my friend?
Speaker 3: Would have been so good?
Speaker 2: Sealing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would have been in a amazing movie to see on your own, because you're also like I feel like when you go to the movies with someone else kind of want to like look at them to see if they're enjoying the movie sometimes whereas that doesn't happen if you're by yourself, like it's just you and like this.
Speaker 2: Magical thing in front of you so interesting.
Speaker 4: And then my other favorite solo date is a little bubble bath with a lush bath bomb and some ebs and salts and candles, and.
Speaker 2: You love your bath?
Speaker 3: I love my What do you do in the bath?
Speaker 4: Sometimes I read a book. Sometimes I'll just like watch a random TV show. Sometimes I just lie there.
Speaker 3: How you like, how do you go reading a book in the bath? Because I always have this weird phobia that I'm going to drop it.
Speaker 4: I have that phobia, but I'm like, eh, get a new one. Yeah, I know what page of one?
Speaker 3: Like you're a badass. I'm so bad living life on the air.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: I also got one of those like things from Target though, that would being the bath caddy that. Yeah, so I just put the book on there smart and I'm like, I won't it's not gonna fall.
Speaker 5: I don't trust once.
Speaker 3: Actually I did go in the bath in like with an iPad. I thought this paper but willing to keep yourself I know, oh yeah, I did any think of that? Wow, dangerous. Don't do that. That's beautiful.
Speaker 1: And I think what I've realized, especially as I've gotten older, is when you do prioritize yourself and you know, stuff like solo dates and it's really like, no, I'm actually going to plan like like you would you know, your partner or your friend or whatever, and I'm going to plan this time and it be like really sacred and beautiful and intentional. Yeah, And like you know, we talk about this a lot, but like romanticizing your life. So if you do have a free Sunday and you know, maybe you did ask your friends and they said no, whatever, and you're in this situation where you've got a lot of free time to yourself, romanticize it, so you know, go out and have you know, like in a sigh ble and see it like if you're me or if you're a tear, like be very intentional with what am I actually going to do where I'm going to fill up my cup, I'm going to give back to myself and I'm gonna almost like treating yourself how you would want.
Speaker 2: Someone else to the perfect date?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know when you're younger and you think of like the perfect date. I just don't even know if for that.
Speaker 2: I was like I don't think I have that.
Speaker 1: No, that was a bad thing to say. It was a really bandom thing to say. But like movies or whatever, like yeah, we all know what that you know somewhat looks like of like do that to yourself?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think you know it is nerve racking.
Speaker 1: I would say that I don't know about going to the cinema like that for me is nerve wracking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I wouldn't know what to do, where do I buy the tickets that I do all that, let's be honest.
Speaker 1: So it's nerve wracking. But I think if you can get like more comfortable with it, for sure that time comes like really sacred to you and it's like, it's really beautiful and it's nice.
Speaker 2: It is, it's very nice.
Speaker 1: So guys, if you get anything from this episode, go on a solo date, date yourself, get to know yourself. And also what I love with time by yourself is like it's so much great evidence for like who you truly.
Speaker 3: Are when no one's looking so true and what you like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so many times I realized because me and Tim have been a relationship for so long, that I had kind of warped things that I like to suit him. Whoa, when he's not there, I'm like, do I even want to watch that show or do that thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I love to question myself because of course you are going to warp yourself somewhat, Like that's how relationships generally work. Yeah, but it is good when you're not with that person to be like what do I actually want to do? What do I actually like?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: I love that and even stuff like something I've been doing is for example, on the Sunday, you know, Tim had we do a lot of like he gulfs to fill up his cart and he had cups sorry, and he had golf twice that week.
Speaker 3: And then I won this beautiful solo date.
Speaker 1: And there is like a part of me that was like, oh, but I, you know, I should spend it with Tim and Ivy, I should do this. But I had to be like and advocate for myself and be like, no, I'm going to spend time with myself because I deserve it, and I, you know, deserve to fill up my own cup and do this thing. But anyway, that's beautiful, date yourself. All right, Well, let's switch gears a little bit and let's talk about like this whole you know, aspect of self love and really getting comfortable with who you are to the core. And I wanted to talk about this because if you guys recently saw I did a campaign with Best and Less.
Speaker 2: And it's amazing, thank you dear.
Speaker 1: And it was really interesting because I got the email, well, my partnership's manager, Ja got the email, and you know, they pitched to us of it's a Valentine Sday campaign and they want Georgie to be the face and they want all the messaging about you know, how she encourages women to step in their power and embrace their uniqueness. And we love her messaging. We think she's going to suit this campaign perfect. You know, she's all about you know, loving yourself exactly how you are.
Speaker 3: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: And it's so interesting because when I first got that email, because that is that is you know, who I am, and that's where I stand for. And I got that email though, and I remember I I think I had just turned a year postpartum with Ivy. Yeah, and I got that email, and my first thought was, oh my god. I couldn't think of anything fucking worse been them being half naked in front of a team or like because also this is like all their stores on TV, ads on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 1: I couldn't think of my body anything worse than like my body. But and then it like occurred to me that it, oh this, this has come up again. Yeah was I thought I had done all the work on myself and loving myself and loving who I was, But definitely there was a part of me who was still waiting for my pre baby body, or just a part of me who wanted to hide who I was because I wasn't the quote unquote perfect version of myself. So you know, I'd almost gone to that next level of self love of I don't compare myself to other moms or you know, anything like that.
Speaker 3: But I was comparing myself to my old me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I realized that, you know that my body image, you know issues had like reared its head again. And that's when I didn't even understand that concept until that email. Yeah, And that's like I remember sitting with it for a while and like, that's honestly why I did that campaign, because I was like, I need to fucking knit this in the butt because I am not doing this again.
Speaker 3: I'm not going down this world.
Speaker 1: Like wormhole because for years, my body image took away so much happiness from my life because I just wouldn't embrace myself. And then once I did, and I did, you know a lot of work on, like you know, the inner stuff. Oh, my life changed. And the capacity that I had to no longer think of critiquing myself and being mean to myself.
Speaker 3: You have it for other things. Yeah, and it's just it's so liberating. So anyway, I did.
Speaker 1: I did the campaign and I was even saying to a tea like it was at this random house in Sydney, and you know, I was there Brian Undy's walking around team of like twenty and because she was asking me, like how I got through that, like how I dealt with the body image issues, and I was like, it's so interesting. It's like I just had to do the thing that I feared most. And by the end of the day, I was like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Give a fuck.
Speaker 4: That's sort of how you dealt with it rather than like working through it to be fine. When you did it, you just sat in me uncomfort Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like I almost like did the furthest thing of what I didn't want to do. And I haven't really done that before. Oh, I guess I can business and stuff. And it was so liberating. And it's so funny because I think something like that it usually takes me like a lot of time to like process and gets through. But it's like I feel like I did it in a day because I just see the most like and it was it was like like for me personally, it was like so courageous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it was so like feel feel the fear and do it anyway.
Speaker 2: I love that so much.
Speaker 1: And it's like, you know, if there's something in your life where you know, maybe you've got a speaking opportunity or make you got maybe you got this opportunity that like scares the shit out of you, and you're like you're worried. You thinking about what if there's limiting beliefs, like just do the thing? Should we all do an underwear?
Speaker 2: Kept mean you were not thinking of anything worse?
Speaker 3: I die, But I told you this, Yes, I know.
Speaker 4: That was something I actually told Georgie as well, is that I actually have been working with a fitness coach and I said to him one of my checkens, like, I just I didn't never thought that I had really bad body image issues. I knew that I did when I was younger, like in school and stuff, but I feel like that's something most teenage girls experience. And then I just thought like I got over it and I didn't care and I could wear what I want blah blah blah. And then I had to take progress photos and I was just like, oh no, like I'm just not I don't want to and I didn't. And in the check in she asked me, She's like like, why didn't you not weigh yourself or take photos or measurements to track your progress? And I was like I just could. I did not want to. I didn't want to look at myself. I didn't want to measure myself. I didn't want to know, and that for me flagged that like, oh, like you haven't dealt with it. You've just put it in a box and you've ignored it. So interesting I might have like I am now going through this thing where I'm like, where else in my life have I done that? Like cart what's the word called like compartmentalized? Yeah? Yeah, like I think that I've worked through limiting belief, but I actually just popped it all in a box, put a bow on it, popped it on a shelf, and.
Speaker 2: Threw it over there.
Speaker 1: But that's like, that's really beautiful that you can look into that.
Speaker 2: It's uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uncomfortable and very much like yeah you haven't yeah yourself, because you wouldn't feel like that.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. But yeah, I don't know about other way.
Speaker 5: Campaign.
Speaker 2: I so admire your courage because that's insane. I tear you just do it.
Speaker 3: Look best in those calls? Should we do iron C underwear? Jamie? Do you want to do iron C underwear?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: Friend? But we can put affirmations on them.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that's the best idea I know.
Speaker 1: Are so there well, that's it's so interesting a tear because I think there is a time and place for that. Like this might be like unpopular opinion, but I think there is. First of all, I just want to say, yes, you need to work through those issues. And we will chat about this episode because I'm not qualified to give this to the community, but we were talking about it. But that's even an interesting thing idea of one of my girlfriends recently got her implants out and they were like leaking and causing like havoc and the body, and of course I've had my implants out. So she said, you know, like I you know, my boobs are looking very different how.
Speaker 3: They used to look.
Speaker 1: Sure, what's like any tips on that? And I said to her, honestly, like when I got my boobs out, something that really did help was kind of just not focusing on them so I wouldn't fixate on them and I wouldn't like look at them every day in the mirror.
Speaker 3: And slowly because I like, after you get.
Speaker 1: Your implants out, it really just take your body like two months to like just even get back to sitting bright and yeah, all the things and filling out and stuff. And so I just said to her, Honestly, I just didn't think about it, and I just like I didn't fixate on it, and I didn't think about it, and I kind of anytime i'd go there, i'd maybe.
Speaker 3: Shifted to oh, my, go looks so good.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, something like that, so I could get through that period and then a couple of months will go on and you'll see yourself more and you'll get used to it and you'll get comfortable. And that's personally what I did when I got my boobs out, because it was like a transition I had to go through. And now I'm just like, oh, this is just me, yeah, or even just going it's more me, and I always want to be more me.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And I felt like she said that, like, you know, had really helped her and something to think about too.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's Jamie.
Speaker 6: My favorite solo date activity is I love to go get some brecky, head down to the beach, have a little cheeky journal and just hang out at the beach and eat and really take it all in.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 1: My name's Emily Lane, and my favorite solo date is probably taking myself to a cafe and reading a good book. Hi, my name is Leah and my favorite solo date is going to the beach.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 1: My name's Tegan and my favorite solo date is going to the beach for a swim. My name is Jasmine and my favorite solo date is going for a morning walk or a sunset walk.
Speaker 6: My name is Bree and my favorite solo date is going to get a message.
Speaker 1: My name is Katie and my favorite solo date activity is going to Pilardi's.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 6: My name's Melissa, and my favorite solo date idea is to go and get a facial.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 6: My name is Brooke and my favorite solo date is going to get my nails done.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Risinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rising Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on what ever platform that you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind a review on Apple Podcasts would be great,