Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Milbourn's Gold one oh four point three live from Level two twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street.
Speaker 2: Rechmen, this is.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connal Breakfast Show on Melburn's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good Morning a show number ninety four for us to Christian O'Connor Record Show Tuesday morning. Often you hear DJ's like me saying we're giving away a prize today that is going to change someone's life. And then I'm looking at what we're going to give to someone or give them the good news after eighty this morning, if you've got your tickery ticket for the Royal Melbourne Hospital Lottery, a prize is worth over four million dollars.
Speaker 3: One person wins all of this.
Speaker 4: Are we going to get somebody on the phone who just simply doesn't believe?
Speaker 2: But mate, if I called you in the middle of the morning when none of us are you most aware? Are you just started your day, You're on your way to work or whatever, you're up to school run and someone calls an unidentified number, you don't stay in your phone saying you've won four million dollars worth of prizes. I'm hanging up, especially when you go, you know, did I enter this? And then when you hear what is a brand new Glenville home in Camberwell, fully furnished a brand new range Rover? And here's the bit, right, I go, come on, half a million dollars in gold? Like, no one wins gold. You don't win. You don't know about Dave, the guy at work, he's not coming to them because he's won a load of gold bars.
Speaker 3: It's not, it's not.
Speaker 4: I've never even seen gold bars in my life. City Slickers is the only film I'm saying where they go and find some gold bars.
Speaker 5: So the centry used to give them away?
Speaker 2: I did. That's remember the shows like that used to give them way back in the day, the highly coverted prize.
Speaker 3: It was like loot, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: You know? But I mean half, I mean, how heavy is that? In movies they're on trolleys, aren't they when they do those hets? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And then how do you spend it as well?
Speaker 5: Easily?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, well how do they? Can you break this up? Please?
Speaker 3: What is one gold can you find out this morning? The next ten minutes?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: What is one gold bar? Currently worth because it's in weight, isn't it like you're saying? Heinos So if you took that into a car show when you wanted to buy another car to go with the brand new range row of you already getting, would they break that up and give you so they have gold coins at the back and they're safe. I don't know, but anyway, one of you is getting this phone called this morning after eight o'clock. Jack and I were just speculating on this show. I think we've given it away four or five times ten thousand dollars, and all of those winners, one hundred percent of them have been underwhelmed. I think that's one way to do it. They've just been Hugh, we can't have that this morning. Yeah, but I worry that it's such big news you can't comprehend it. And I think that what we're going to get this one someone's just stunned or who swears, I'm not sure which I wish. I prefer the stunt if I want to keep working on this job. Have you found out much currently a gold bar is worth?
Speaker 4: It's I think it's saying between fifty five and fifty six thousand dollars aud is a kilogram.
Speaker 2: Gold, so let's safe, let's round that down to fifty thousand and you're getting half a million, So it's that's ten ten of those great big bars.
Speaker 4: So you can't walk into seven eleven and go hey for the petro and then give me the rest of ten ten.
Speaker 2: Kilos of what?
Speaker 6: How?
Speaker 2: How am I? How is anyone meant to take this? In this morning?
Speaker 3: At ten bars?
Speaker 2: You've won ten kilos of gold and the range Rover and a brand new house. What's your reaction?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: What? I just woke it up? So anyway, that is that's the big prize we're giving away on today's show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I still can't move on for the facts. We've allady, we've got stuff to do on today's show. But just this huge mega prize that we're giving awork eight o'clock this morning, that is worth four million dollars and I'm thinking, just whoever this person is, We don't know who it is yet. Deloitte coming in at seven point thirty and so they will just give us the phone number and then at eight o'clock we call them live and do.
Speaker 4: They watch you press the numbers so that you don't call Sarah O'Connell.
Speaker 2: Yesterday evening while sell my wife? Are kids about this and they could understand it? Either my wife goes, hang it, What don't you tell me about this so I could get a ticket or a load of tickets? Or can I go and get well? Now, when are you reading? When you call them? At eight? I went, you know it's shut now. But even if you could, you can't enter this. How bad would it be if I weren't? Okay, well, what the chance of this? I know this is going to sound bad, but it turns out my wife, it's all very fair. Everyone come in here and have a look at the books. But it's actually my wife, Sarah, who's won the four million dollars. Congratulations my wife. Move on, everyone, everything's fine here, nothing to see all here, and I can go.
Speaker 4: No, he watched him draw it.
Speaker 5: The man's on the golf billion.
Speaker 2: Why would he have the winner's number just on his favorites on his phone? But anyway, let's not do that now. Yes, so someone's getting this newsles one. Do you think they then pull over and you're just stunned.
Speaker 4: Well, you probably turn around. Do you go to work?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I'm thinking you you were making a yuwi. What do you say to what?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 2: Feeling very well? You can't go just one four million dollars. Yep, you're going to you need something. You need a couple of days to try and sink the cinem work out or what you're going to do with it all. And you're going to carry.
Speaker 4: Stack the gold bullion, which I'm looking it up. It's not as big as you had thought. I thought a gold bullion was like I don't know, I just get about the size of like a cereal box almost.
Speaker 2: But a kilo is a kilo? Yeah, I don't know, but it's only it's a kilo of gold is going to be somehow big.
Speaker 4: It's like an iPhone size.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I would be expecting you to like push a trolley into my house with the gold bullion on it. But you could just send it in a small box.
Speaker 5: Thought it'd be like a tray of mints.
Speaker 2: We'll tell you what. Once I'd give them the good news. We'll give them a couple of seconds and you come in and just break down. How actually that half a million pounds worth of dollars worth of gold isn't as much as they think.
Speaker 4: And then also on the website where I've been looking at the gold, you can buy one billion of gold for fifty six, five hundred and thirty one dollars aud or if you buy ten or more you can get a discount for fifty and forty seven.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm going to stick on Stoway to Heaven when I take advantage of that huge mega off. I mean, there are two things you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Win on today's show.
Speaker 2: Just weird. I've just had to look at my sheet here at other prizes of today's show. Deco R one of he's getting four million dollars one of these get the Deco run. I want a documentary made about both of those winners. Are you still going to work? Are you putting over and doing a yuwie boss?
Speaker 3: I've come coming today. I've had some live changing news.
Speaker 8: I've got run.
Speaker 4: We met their lives for the next five years and see how they're getting where they're at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, then it's top of this week's five Topic Tuesday. This is where we run five phone ins at the same time.
Speaker 3: This morning has always with us.
Speaker 2: We do it every week, we prove all the other radio bosses in town that you can cope with more than one thought perlink, because you can because we make this work every week with your stories. So as you hear the different five phone ins this morning, you might have something for one of them. That's all you needed to make it work, and then give me a call on nine four one, one four three this morning. Then yep, we're giving away four million dollars worth of prizes thanks to the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home.
Speaker 3: Lottery Grand Prize.
Speaker 2: But what's the what's the opposite of that small prize as you've won it might be a bride you didn't even want. A friend of mine who's want to ride in a hot air balloon a couple of weeks ago. He has no intention of getting in that. I wouldn't on that.
Speaker 3: I'm never getting in a hot air balloon.
Speaker 2: They look terrifying to me. It looks like something from a different dangerous medieval time that we don't need anymore. You want to go somewhere, you're getting a helicopter or a plane. Don't get in that death trap, which is basically a fireball. And if that that prokepane, that calms out, and they do. You're falling to earth rapidly in a picnic basket.
Speaker 4: What scares me about how air bline is. They don't steer them, they just go Wait the wind, it's going to take it where we land.
Speaker 2: We do not know. Well, we saw one of the radio stations who've still got one? And do you remember it's just like heading for a crane only narrowly missed it. I don't know what it is in Melbourne. It's only a day goes by when a crane doesn't break. Key, You've got the roll's most fragile cranes in Melbourne. All right, so small prizes you've won. It's not four million dollars worth of prizes. It's the opposite small prize. Pets eating human food. My dog for the first time this weekend. I left that pizza for ninety seconds stupidly. It was a dog face height, but I didn't think my dog he apparently man's best friend, would how some of my pizza went for toilet, came back. It had polished off two slices and I'm telling you, the look in its face was.
Speaker 3: Like, Wow, you get this.
Speaker 2: I get that dried pettis this is the new standard.
Speaker 3: I want this.
Speaker 5: Did it have onion on it?
Speaker 2: No? It didn't.
Speaker 5: Oh that's good because it's really dangerous for the weason.
Speaker 2: Oh tell you what it was. It was It was a Hawaiian oh yum. Yeah, but the absolutly loved it. So, pets eating human food. I'm want of those pet owners who only give their pets human food where they don't give them the penalty.
Speaker 5: They have diabetes if they did that. Really, it's bad for them. It's too rich.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean if anyone in this building. And she's away this week, so you can get away with it. But Sue is a bit of a cat the cats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you said she eats petett food. You ever want to give Sue the bottle treat, go to the pet shop and get one of those pigs. E's chucking her off and she'll be chewing it for hout. You know, I'm really worried. We are not the Breakfast show to give away those four millions dollars worth of prizes. Okay, why are they leaving it in charge to us? It's a very very bad idea. Where was I?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pets eating human food?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: So the sword of It got small prizes, pets eating human food. Also one your stories about breaking things in somebody else's house. So have you ever broken something in somebody else's house? I think that's the worst. You don't know whether it's the family heirloom. And also this morning, I also want to know Halloween's coming up this week. What scared you as a kid, be specific, what used to terrify you as a kid. And finally this morning missing something because you left early.
Speaker 3: Those are the five.
Speaker 2: Topics this morning, if you've got anything nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four points three.
Speaker 2: All right, I take a few calls on five topic Tuesday. Jeffrey, good morning, I'm good Jeffrey welcomes as shown five to bit Tuesday.
Speaker 3: So you got something about what scared you as a kid.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it was the female mannequins from east Land. They had all the ridden out Polish and had a nightmare. That month's wardrobe had him in and now we're dragging him here and going Jeannie, if you dress you'll be riffing and out And I.
Speaker 2: Know what you mean. Actually, when you see an unclosed with mannekin I find him, they asked. Even as an adult, I find them a little bit unsettling, creepy.
Speaker 9: This is the arms thrown up with upside down and stuff. You know.
Speaker 4: Something about the no face is creepy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say that, Jack, Yeah, people with no faces just freaked me out.
Speaker 3: You know, who's okay with someone having a face.
Speaker 4: You can laugh now, but it was.
Speaker 2: Tough at the time. Okay, all right, Jeffrey, thank you for sharing that with us. Mate, Have a good day, Tracy, good morning. Hi, Hey, going really good, Tracy. So you've got something and this is this is what I am excited about this morning. Pets eating human foods. Okay, what have you got, Tracy?
Speaker 10: Okay, So we've got a cockatiel who goes absolutely nuts when she smells paster.
Speaker 2: Cookie like a Carbonara or a spag boll Tagli.
Speaker 3: What is the little cockatail really like?
Speaker 10: Yeah, she's a card freak. Every time she smells Capasta, she just hangs off the side of the cage and she yells at me and screens until I give her noodles pasta whatever.
Speaker 2: She goes bonkers. And so when did you first find this out.
Speaker 10: We were actually eating pasta one night and she was hitting on my daughter's lap and my daughter said, I shall I give her some? And I went, I just don't give the sauce. She gave her a noodle and she just threw it around and went bonkers. Ever since then, she can naturally. I swear she smells it cooking. And she's starts yelling at me from the from the other room.
Speaker 2: Do you give me an idea of the yelling? What will that sound like? Oh?
Speaker 10: She's kind of like wings her out and off she goes.
Speaker 2: Is she having carbs every day or do you try to limit it?
Speaker 10: No, she's not allowed to. It's not good for them to have it all the time.
Speaker 2: So they were humans. And also, to be honest, those little cockatails, I've always thought they look a bit overweight. They're fat. Look at little things, aren't they?
Speaker 10: She is, and I wave it in front of her, going here that, so do you want some cars?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Got to make her feel better about herself, because they can't they understand English?
Speaker 2: Also as well, when have they got the little cage? Here?
Speaker 3: The cookertails in the little the cage.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, she's got a decent size one, but she's out quite a lot and runs around the house like a loony.
Speaker 3: I never understood why they put mirrors in there.
Speaker 10: I have no idea because she's just eaten the living daylights out of the sight of hers and it's just literally a piece of glass hanging there.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, exactly. I never said why they're because surely they're not that stupid where they think it's bigger because they see the little tiny mirror. I don't understand why thereways put those little mirrors in the cages on with that mankey old cuttlefish from the.
Speaker 10: Same I know budges. Budgies get quite intimate and excited about their mirrors.
Speaker 2: So we're learning a lot. We're learning a lot today budgies get intimate with mirrors. Tightler, today's show, right there, folks, All right, Tracy, this has been very informative. This one called. Thank you very much, Thanks God.
Speaker 4: I have a great day.
Speaker 2: Just remember all times. Today we are the breakfast show that's been chosen to give away four million dollars worth of prizes at eight go figure.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three so on, Friday's Boathor show, I said, the Jack listen other weekend. I'll actually come in Monday and pitch us not one, but two early morning game ideas. He did that we yet to even break open to join the majesty of a quiz that simply asked you to get within ten years. Just don't get it right, just get it right ish, narrow it down to a decade. So we haven't even tried that one yet. However, I do like this what's your favorite movie? Baby?
Speaker 11: Cuss?
Speaker 2: What's your favorite forgot about the baby?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's six thirty am and time to play what's your favorite movie?
Speaker 4: Baby?
Speaker 2: Okay? So Jack remind us, all, how does this great one work?
Speaker 4: It's a very easy game to play. You ring up, tell us your favorite movie. I have fifteen second to google the film and prepare a question. If you get the question right, we win a deco rug.
Speaker 3: Simple as that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what you just need to do is just share your favorite movie with us. So, Pats, what do we and then I make small talk fifteen seconds to cover you. Yes, that's right, all right, so let's do it right now with Pat's favorite movie. Pats, Then I have.
Speaker 4: To say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yeah, that's how radio works.
Speaker 13: No, I'm just trying to think how we played it yesterday.
Speaker 2: We're not through mine or dance.
Speaker 13: All right, I'm going to say Bridget Jones for this one one or two, oh, probably for the first one.
Speaker 2: Original.
Speaker 4: Now you guys have a chat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Patsy, how you feeling today? Because I know you're off. You're not on Royd's yesterday and the injections you had from the door.
Speaker 5: You're being nasty today.
Speaker 2: I just said, are you Are you feeling well?
Speaker 5: No, I'm feeling a little bit stuffed up.
Speaker 3: Still sounded sort of bummed up.
Speaker 13: And oh yeah, that's nothing new, though, you say I talk like the nanny on any given day.
Speaker 5: Okay, Oh, he's ready, all right.
Speaker 4: The actor Hugh Grant plays which character on Diary?
Speaker 2: You don't even need to go in new Google for that.
Speaker 4: No, but you don't know not everyone knows his name.
Speaker 2: They do if you're a fan of the movies and guess what, don't tell me you don't know.
Speaker 4: Think of it just he's fair, except just his first name.
Speaker 2: Then I should kind of think I only know conin first he's mister Darcy.
Speaker 5: Mister Darcy.
Speaker 3: What's your grants. Oh, Patsy, you don't get that.
Speaker 5: I'll let the tame down, haven't.
Speaker 4: The answer is Daniel, Daniel Cleaver. You said it just after I did.
Speaker 2: All right, then that's how it shouldn't work exactly. Give us a call nine one o four three. Te that it's your favorite movie Jack. We'll we'll get a question for him.
Speaker 1: The Christian o' connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: After seven o'clock we're back to more hicles and five to Tuesday one of the topics, so we look at your stories on this morning Melbourne and Gold one oh four point three. The Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show is things you missed out because you left early. I was lucky enough to see Prince. He came and did a residency thirty one nights in London at the O two, made every single night for one of twenty thousand people, and he refused, right, I don't know why more artists don't do this, and said they care about the fans. He set the price ticket a really low minimum and no tickets were allowed to be sold more than that, so it killed the tout straight away, which is greatly especially when it's twenty thousand a night, seven nights a week. Anyway, I went, I don't know, going twice because it was it was obviously incredible to see him live on the first night, right, guy goes through me. You see you are invited to the after show party. Now, there were rumors that Prints on some of these after show parties was then turning up taking requests from the two hunchred guests that were there, And I said, what the chances we've been playing tonight? So I went to be honest slim, because he did last night. He ended up doing three hours of requests people, just two hundred guests just shouting out B sides whatever, even if a song he did earlier hit playing for them. I don't know, he's not gonna do it again tonight, is he? You know he's Prince. Anyway, we get home, we get a phone call from the guy, where are you Well, Well, we're home now, I guess Prince has just turned up. Oh he ended up doing three hours of requests, signing photos, everything like that.
Speaker 4: At least you got an early night, Yes, we got an early night.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I went rather than seeing one of the great Okay, let's play this. What's your favorite movie? Baby? What's your favorite movie?
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's six thirty am and time to play what's your favorite movie?
Speaker 2: Baby? All right? Then you come on here, you give us your favorite movie. Jack instantly goes online to try and get a question instantly. In fifteen seconds. I make small talk to cover the fifteen seconds. Jack hasn't seen the phone lines right now. I'm aware of some of the movies you ready to google.
Speaker 4: I've got IMDb app.
Speaker 3: Ready to go, Jacob, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hi, Christian, how am?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good and I hope you will this morning? And what is your favorite movie?
Speaker 9: The Dark Knight?
Speaker 2: Baby? Oh? Great, great movie, brilliant trilogy. Three of my favorite movies. Which was your favorite one out of the three, Jacob? Was it the first one with Heath Ledger? And the first time we see Christian Beller's A Dark Knight?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, the one with the Joker is the best one for me.
Speaker 3: It's incredible that opening fifteen minutes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Jackie boy, we need a question on the Dark Night for Jacob and he could be winning himself a life changing deco.
Speaker 4: Rug Christopher Nolan, obviously the director of the films. He is credited as the writer of the screenplay with I assume his brother by the by what name?
Speaker 2: Oh? Come on, it was his brother fifty percent.
Speaker 11: You can guess, right, Jonathan Nolan.
Speaker 4: That's correct. Was that too easy?
Speaker 2: Was it? Yes? Yeah? Far too easy?
Speaker 4: And I am yeah all right for bonus points, I mean you won the but for both of Who is the other listed writing credit? Not in the family?
Speaker 2: Oh forget it. No, I love those babies.
Speaker 3: I've got no idea. Who helps out out the Nolan brothers them?
Speaker 4: Well, he wasn't even how's this? The other two were credited with the screenplay writing. This guy's credited with the story David S.
Speaker 2: Goya.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you big Goya fan.
Speaker 9: Oh no, not really right?
Speaker 2: This is killed. No more additional bonus questions tomorrow. Just you know, Jacob, I'm not angry with you. I'm angry with Jack. Okay, Jacob, you won the rug. Okay, thanks according you mate.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Christian.
Speaker 3: Have a good day, anybody.
Speaker 2: Deco Deco stores, Deco Rugs.
Speaker 3: They've got five stores throughout Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Five your nearest one at Deco rug dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: Hashtag Goya The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So in an hour's time, then this is nuts that were given this amazing price worth over four million dollars away. So part of the lottery that you've been doing for a Royal Melbourne Hospital, the home Lottery Grand Price, there are thirteen thousand prices. However, the big one, the grand prizes they call it, really is that it is worth four million dollars. You get the brand new home, a Glenville home and camberwell fully furnished. She can literally just move straight in. You don't even need any of your own junk, a brand new range rope and parts out the front. And then this is the one which I've never given anything like this one my life. Half a million dollars worth of gold. I mean, so you win all of that. We're giving someone this news in an hour's time. He's probably forgotten they ever entered it, and certainly didn't think, do you know what I need to get ready for my life to be changed?
Speaker 3: Because there's no doubt it's going to be me.
Speaker 2: How are you going to do it?
Speaker 4: Are you going to go soft? Voice over the top.
Speaker 2: Voice really worried that we're going to startle them because it's so ridiculously big the news. You need to let them have a moment to almost we almost need to tell them and go listen, we call you again in five minutes time. Pull over. It's legit because I wouldn't believe any of this. Someone called me straight away. I don't even get my phone. If I go, you're not my phone, but I don't need to speak to you. You leave a message, then I'll work out whether or not I'm going to call you back. All right, So straightaway it's gonna get a voicemailer. They'm going to hear the house. I'm not sure what this is? A prank call arrange of it. And then when you get to the gold bars, don't go and delete.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's next? And Nugerian Prince has left the Air of.
Speaker 2: Money pol It's like one of those spam emails, doesn't it, you know? So, uh, anyway, we're doing that in an hour's time before that, then it is time for this week's five to But Tuesday, will we run five phone ins at the same time? As always, the star of this every single week is you and your brilliant stories. This morning mail, but on nine four one four one o four three. Have you got any stories about this? Breaking things in someone else's house? The horror I reckon that's worth and even breaking it in a shop, the shops and shores somebody else's house.
Speaker 3: You don't know what you're dealing with.
Speaker 2: A late grandfather's family heirloom that was handed down.
Speaker 3: It's just so awkward. He can't apologize enough.
Speaker 2: Have you ever broken anything in somebody else's house? Pets eating human food? My dog tried pizza ate two slices of my pizza. There's alone with it for ninety seconds. Who couldn't resist it? Game changer for that dog? Pets eating human foods. We' already had an interesting call this morning from a lady with a cockatail in Melbourne that loves pasta and carbs. Halloween this week? What scared you as a kid? What scared you as a kid? And finally this morning, we're looking for small prizes not quite four million dollars. What if you want small prizes and missing something because you're left Ernie?
Speaker 3: Those were five topics.
Speaker 2: Give us a call nine four one four three, So any what you used to terrify me.
Speaker 3: As a kid.
Speaker 2: Some of you of a certain age listened to this right now may have got this TV show back in the eighties that used to be a late night TV show presented by Roll Dahl, the children's author. Roll Dahl wrote some of the best children's books ever so made into a lot of great movies now as well. He used to do this story once a week called Tales from the Unexpected. It was always utterly terrifying. I only ever saw it once on Sunday night. The music.
Speaker 3: Just hearing the music was scare me.
Speaker 2: I saw it once and it sounds nice, Yeah, it sounds nice. Right, It would lure you in, right. It would open with Rolled sat in front of a roaring fire on a big sort of leather chair, and then he scared the bit Jesus out here with some And I saw it once about I didn't even know what spontaneous combustion was.
Speaker 3: Someone that just blew up.
Speaker 2: And I don't think I slept right for the rest of my life, still now worried about I'm gonna spontaneous combustor if I'm.
Speaker 3: Ever not here one morning, know that it's finally happened to me.
Speaker 2: But just this theme tune even now this is making me feel a little bit uncerttled on edge tales of the unexpected. I don't know if it was made its way over here. I hope not.
Speaker 5: No, I don't remember it.
Speaker 4: Oh, then you grew up safe for anyone who rings up with tales that scared them as a cure, we should play.
Speaker 2: That always, Jack, What scared you as a kid?
Speaker 4: Mine was I I didn't like watching any real life movies, so any movies that were live actually, I would always go to the video store and choose cartoons only.
Speaker 13: I was scared of real life movies up to what age Jack now too.
Speaker 4: Old because my younger brother, eighteen months younger than me, tried to choose a blockbuster Jurassic Park and my mom said, no, that will scare Jack.
Speaker 2: It was short circuled him. Rain boy won't like it. But this on. So you just raised on a diet of cartoons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for way too long, riding promplains everything.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we looking for you if you've got stories about this morning, breaking things in other people's houses, pets eating human food.
Speaker 3: What scared you as the kid?
Speaker 2: Small prices nine four one, one oh four three? Good morning, Dan?
Speaker 11: Good morning?
Speaker 2: How are we pretty good?
Speaker 1: Dan?
Speaker 2: I hope you well as well. He's done good form and wish what are you calling in about this morning?
Speaker 3: Dan?
Speaker 11: Breaking things in someone else's home?
Speaker 2: Okay, what have you broken?
Speaker 15: One night?
Speaker 11: Playing paper at her mates else, He's brought himself a brand new memory. It was a sixty five inch LCD when I was brand new, about three or four days old. Few drinks coffees and decided to play we sports and we remote slipped off the hand and performed, but did knock down five pins in the same time.
Speaker 2: Strike.
Speaker 11: So he nearly started crying and I said, we don't panic. I will pay for it, no doubt, until he gave me the bill and it was a four thousand dollars bill.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is awful on both counts. One the offer to pay for something. We've all said that and we never really say yeah, I'm going to need you to do that. And then he goes, yeah, it's brownly one. Okay, it's four thousand dollars was what the bill was.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And I asked if he had have some content insurance that didn't DEMI, And that's the one thing you didn't pay for, so it became a lot worse. And yeah, I ended up paying it, and yeah you did. Everyone was happy. Yeah, or it was sort of my fault. Technically, the contents assurance would have been dead. I four hundred doll ages would have been better than four thousand was paid.
Speaker 4: Did you at least win poker that night?
Speaker 2: Down?
Speaker 11: Yeah? No, not really, so.
Speaker 3: You really work. You did lose a lot that night than four thousand dollars night.
Speaker 11: Did you get two hundred dollars for the TV on anybody after that?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I reckon? There must have been anyways when those the wee things came out. There must have been so many people actually getting punched in the face when playing tennis. I remember playing tennis in a friend's house with that and uh and hitting the making mine in the face because he walked to the room with other drinks and just as I was doing somewhat greatly backhand or something.
Speaker 3: It was not the guy out.
Speaker 2: It's just smashing because you had those things, and so many of them must have let them go and smashed the TVs. They were lethal, those things.
Speaker 13: Yeah, there was a spite of TV's getting busted. I remember in the news.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, don't doubt that. Hey, k Dan, great cool, thanks for that story.
Speaker 11: Pretty sure, every good morning.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Jeffrey. I'm pretty good, Jeffrey. So you got something about a small prize. We're giving away four million dollars worth a prize in an hour's time. What's the opposite of that for you?
Speaker 16: I was I was a Dorel and Aussie wheel and mums goes, you've just been drawn out. You've won some Tonka trucks and they arrived and they were really little, tiny ones. So I've seen the ad on TV that says here unbreakable. So I got the hammer and I smashed them up and proved they weren't.
Speaker 2: Unbreakable in a fit of rage. I had Tonka trucks as a kid. They were That's what the big thing was. They were supposed to be unbreakable.
Speaker 9: They hammer beat them up.
Speaker 2: Never showed that in the TV advert, some of the good kids smashing up with a hammer. All right, Jeffrey, thank you very much. Let's go to Leah.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Hello, Christian.
Speaker 16: Hell are you.
Speaker 2: And what's your story for us?
Speaker 17: I was scared of Humphrey bee Bear if you remember Humphrey.
Speaker 3: Now, remind me of Humphrey be Bear.
Speaker 18: What a funny old fellow is Humphrey Manners?
Speaker 4: Was he maybe an Australian character? And did you not get Humphrey?
Speaker 5: He was yeah, big brown bear Christian and he had.
Speaker 17: A big Christian would know who Humphrey is?
Speaker 2: Described Humphrey be What did the bee stand for?
Speaker 5: By the way, that was his middle initial?
Speaker 13: Now he used to wear a big checkered waistcoat, didn't he with a big tie? And he couldn't talk, so he just sort of flucked his chops a lot.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 2: It sounds bloody, terrifying kids to watch that, you would never sleep again.
Speaker 4: And he had no Mum.
Speaker 7: Talked me to a shopping center when I was little.
Speaker 18: I must have been about seven years old, and she said, we'll.
Speaker 15: Go and see Humphrey because he was walk around and he.
Speaker 2: Picture gorgeous. What, No, he's not?
Speaker 13: That is the stuffid bit like the Aussi version of Yogi Bear, wasn't he?
Speaker 3: I love the bat of an Ossi version of Yogo?
Speaker 18: And I looked at him and I could not see a person inside him.
Speaker 8: I could just see what I could see.
Speaker 17: I found he's wires in his mouth, and I thought, oh god, there's nobody in that bear.
Speaker 5: I was so terrified.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is this creepy again? And you're right, he's got no trousers, but he's got like a waistcoat and a tie. Why no pants? The same word like Donald Duck used to hang around with his nephews in the woods, was very.
Speaker 3: Time Donald pants up?
Speaker 8: I'm affected?
Speaker 2: It'd I am all right, Leah, that's a great one.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for giving us a call.
Speaker 7: Have a great day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All let's go to get some more stories. On five Tuesday, we run five phone ins at the same time. Ben, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 8: So I just wanted to talk about my cat Rosy and an entire chicken that he stole from somewhere.
Speaker 2: A cooked roes chicken or just someone's chicken from a coop.
Speaker 8: I never got close enough, but no, it was an uncooked.
Speaker 2: Chicken, an uncooked one. Do you mean raw?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Ah, cats are savages.
Speaker 8: It gets better. There were all these things joining the English sunshine in my back going and I looked over her, this big rustling, and there was a cat dragging this entire chicken through the head. He was streaming to keep it off the ground, and he was heading towards the shed. So I looked up and said it and I ran towards the cat, and he just made it to the shed before I got to them. Obviously, we didn't see the cat for like two days, because what would you I spent the rest of my life thinking about that poor woman who went back into a kitchen thinking where's the chicken?
Speaker 2: So it wasn't a lie chicken though, it was just like that one that you buy, you know, ready to cook, this all plucked and stuff like that, and the cat tracked. Matt. Cat must have think of this is it? This is Christmas Day? Wow, we this is the next two or three days. Don't even bother me. Don't even rattle that bowl. You're not going to need me.
Speaker 8: It's not the cat that you know. I say. The cat was surprising. It's just somebody's gone to their great wondering what do you know?
Speaker 2: What I think? There are many things that we were about in our deathbed.
Speaker 3: What happened to that chicken?
Speaker 2: I won't be one of the things on my thanks loving Cold Ben, Nicole. Hello morning, Nicole, Welcome to five Till Tuesday. You broke something around at a friend's house. What was it then?
Speaker 18: Yes, I was about eight years old. It was the seventies and everybody had a sunken lounge dining back in those days, and it was formal, formal lounge dining. So there were a couple of chandaliers hangings, and it was a sleepover. And I said to my friend, wouldn't it be a good idea if we did some cartwheels in this lounge dining with the shag pile carpet, it looked like grass. So we went underneath the chandelier to just check the height of us. And we stood under and went, yep, that'll be fine, we won't knock that. But we didn't take into account we'd be on our hands and a lot taller. And we did some cartwheels and I did the first one, and I shuddered the chandelier as the cartwheels through, and the chandelier pieces fell to the floor and they broke, and we picked them up and we put them all back together. And to this day, the parents didn't realize we broke the chandelier. Yeah, and we put the pieces back and so clearly broken, but because it's so sparkly, we turned the light on and we thought, looks pretty dumb. Job done.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, a girl, have a good day, Dan Yell what scared you as a kid.
Speaker 17: Then there's Jim Henson revie that was released in the early eighties called The Dark Crystal.
Speaker 3: Oh my word, yeah, Jim Henson did.
Speaker 2: Get the Puppets.
Speaker 3: Get the Puppets.
Speaker 2: You thought you were going to watch a puppet movie, you know, the Muppets, and then it's no Muppet movie. Yeah, it was the very uber lifelike puppets were terrifying and.
Speaker 17: The same way they were eating their good kids and sucking all the guts out of them and they just collap.
Speaker 2: How do you go from Kermit Miss Piggy's all of that? No, thank you, Jim Henson turned into our minds now nightmares for life due to that. Ye horrify.
Speaker 3: I think it's one of the scariest kids movies of all time.
Speaker 11: It has to be.
Speaker 3: It's seriously, The Dark Crystal.
Speaker 2: I remember that. Danielle. Thank you very much for rubbringing that one up. Thanks all right, One last one Nicole, Good morning, It's just another one with a cat's eating something.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yes, my cat, my cat as such as a has been really obsessed with the smell of mint, and one day she actually got into those you know there's blisterine pocket tab.
Speaker 4: The ones that dissolve on the tongue.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeap.
Speaker 7: So my partner at the time went into a handbagg helped himself, didn't close the lid, and then she's obviously sniffed it out and eaten the whole pack.
Speaker 11: And I was like, oh no.
Speaker 7: And then she's like looking at me with this like dead set spear in her eyes and foaming at the mouth.
Speaker 8: It was like a scene out of a horror movie.
Speaker 2: And I'm like one of the extra some dark crystal.
Speaker 7: Totally. But yeah, no, she she's she's seventeen now, so she's still kicking on.
Speaker 2: So she's got amazing breath because most cats breath don't lack count for dealing with herself have a good day on the show, you know that. Sometimes I produce as they label up my phone system here and they're rushing. They just put their eight human human and I was thinking that's true. Yeah, our cat ate my Sister Cat, Hate Human.
Speaker 1: Human, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Red Old Chillibebbers under the Bridge. A friend of mine works with this high end company ferrying celebrities around, and he had a job once when they red Chili Peppers Rodever tour in the UK eight years ago of ferrying them around, but in particular Anthony Keidas and said that four or five times a day he'd be calling the housekeeper back in La to try and speak to the dog. And obviously even trying to speak to the dog, it's not a two way conversation. And even though obviously you know what's like, even when we're an uber, we just don't even think that the other person who is a foot two feet away, half a meter away, can hear everything you're saying four or five times a day. Right as we look in the rear view mirror at an adult, you know, actually trying to speak to this big doberman over the fire FaceTime or just over the phone, is just actually doing that thing where they're yelling and probably just freaking the dog out. Looking can't be asked. I'm lying in the sun now, I need to get in the shade. I don't want to speak to him right now. All right, then just do this gold one O four point Christine o'connells post code. Let's for game, all right over the last couple of weeks, eight weeks this time on the show, every single day Money to Friday with your postcode Bingo, send you to the biggest shows in town. We've done VIP Phil Collins VIP red Hot Summer Tour. This week he used the world's biggest comedian, Kevin Hart is coming back to Australia Here in Melbourne at the Rod Laver Arena. You can win your tickets to Live Nation dot com dot au. Jack, you're about to pull two numbers. If they're in your postcode, give us a call. However, you don't just simply call up and say yea from that postcode. We are smarter than that. Jack will jump on Google Maps and make up three questions about your exact postcode. All right, then, Now the numbers are Jack, if you could please pull ball number one. Pull ball number one.
Speaker 4: The first number is number two.
Speaker 2: Number two. What joins the number two? Jack?
Speaker 4: Pool ball number two, number zero.
Speaker 2: Number zero and the number two If that's in you bostcode. Call now to try and win nine four one four one oh four three. We're playing next.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three four play.
Speaker 2: Christine O'Connell's post code. Let's for game, all right, So we pulled the balls. Jack has bored as balls one numbers you get today zero and a two. Okay, and we have Philip on the line.
Speaker 11: Good morning Philip, Good morning guys. How are we pretty good?
Speaker 2: So you bet Kevin Hart fam Yeah, actually am excellent. All right, So and you reside in what is your suburb?
Speaker 8: Preston?
Speaker 2: Preston A right, Jack has been hovering over Preston on Google Maps. We are now ready to quiz you to prove that you really are from Preston.
Speaker 4: Luck, Phil, I really want you to go to the concert, but you have to prove it. I am in Preston, and oh I'm hungry.
Speaker 2: It's a common theme on.
Speaker 4: This I'm driving down Albert Street and I see Bullwinkles pizza and I go, of course, there's built Bullwinkles because of its distinct color. What color is it?
Speaker 11: I believe it's yellow and purple.
Speaker 2: You could certainly say it was purple purple.
Speaker 4: I call it pink, but I guess purplish.
Speaker 3: You're talking about shades.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I mean yes the logos. Would you say, okay, agree with me? This is it a purple purplish pink.
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, the listeners. Now to get these prizes, all right, we'll give you that one two more than you.
Speaker 3: Get your Kevin Art tickets.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm at Northland.
Speaker 3: Shop Center haveing a good time.
Speaker 4: I'm having a great time. Actually, I'm with you, Phil, and I turned to you and I say, hey, you know what we should do? Go grab a movie. We haven't done that in so long. But what cinema would we go to? That's what we would go to, Hoyd.
Speaker 2: Let's just two out of two. It's an strong Now for the Kevin Hart tickets all on this third and final question.
Speaker 4: This is another true life story which sometimes if I've been to the suburbs, I will I will give you a true to life story yesterday, this very day, the day before today.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Yes, we're giving away four million dollars worth of prizes in ten minutes time. This is a pair of Kevin Hart tickets. You're saying yesterday is a daylight today, But yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yesterday I got a sausage and bread outside a franchise storm but it's not But it's not Bunnings. I thought you might say, but it's not Bunnings. It's near Harvey Norman and it's blue.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Okay, that's a ten year old child has overtaken the body.
Speaker 3: You've won the chickets, Give the.
Speaker 1: Tickets Breakfast Show Gold one four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, we really are about to change somebody's life in about four minutes time. They're Ayal Melbourne Hospital Home lottery grand price. We have a name, we have a number, no idea, what's going to happen next.
Speaker 3: This is all live.
Speaker 2: We're not pre recording it, so they could pick up, could get a voicemail, could be chaotic, probably will be. And I don't even know how they're going to react, because have a think about it for a moment. Right now, someone's going to call them out of the blue. They may almostly know I not have even remembered of getting the lottery ticket. And they're going to get the news in form and it's time that they've got a brand new home Glenville Home and Camberwell fully furnished. You've got a brand new range drove of the LA and you get get this half a million dollars in gold.
Speaker 4: You'll love this on the Home Lotteries website in their FAQ section. How long do I have to claim my prize? The prize must be claimed within one year of the applicable draw day.
Speaker 2: So you go, who's keep it? Running it down until you know you're not winning?
Speaker 4: Kemwell, yes, I must get around there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And what are you doing about that gold?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I keep forgetting to get that? You know? I don't know where to store it at the moment. All right, then, so we're going to play a song. We're going to be calling up somebody. It could be you, So Melbourne, get ready. If your phone goes in four minutes time, it's us pull over.
Speaker 3: We've got big news. Your life is about to change.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So this is incredible.
Speaker 2: I've never been given anything last away in twenty years of breakfast radio. It is a prize price is worth over four million dollars not just a brand new Homer Glenville home and Camberwell. It's fully furnished, brand new range Rover VLA, which is a top of range Rover and half a million dollars worth of gold. Someone's about to get that phone call right now. This is live, it's not pre recorded to anything could happen. So I have a name, have a location. We're about to call someone right now, live on air. May pick up, may not pick up, No idea what their reaction is going to be. Let's call them up. So far, so good. It's tense, really tense. My heart's going like this. It's an unknow number. See you's call and saying you've won four million dollars worth of prize. Who does this? Who has a long one night? This voice? My parents, my mom and dad of this? It triys me nuts because it can't work out how to do it? Now? Do we go to deaf con one. Let's take it to the landline. All right, let's try the landline now. Other than the fact we've got this person's landline as well. All right, try the mobile, no answer there. Let's try the landline now as well, and.
Speaker 4: Then after that we've got people deployed outside.
Speaker 2: We've got pigeons, We've got pigeons.
Speaker 3: Landline.
Speaker 13: Hello.
Speaker 2: Oh hi there, I'm trying to get hold of Michael.
Speaker 7: Oh he's at work.
Speaker 2: Right, he's at work. Okay, we've got some Yes you can, Yes, that's fair enough. This is Christian O'Connor. You're currently live on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 2: I really need to speak to It is really act.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? It really is? Exciting?
Speaker 2: That is the key word. I really need to speak to Michael Asa people because I've got some really great news. Oh well, do you have like a don't tell me because you're live on air right now. I've just tried his mobile number and I've done if he's driving, but it just rang out.
Speaker 7: Oh that's because he's a firefighter, sorr. He might be outdoing some firefighting.
Speaker 2: Sure enough. I don't want to interrupt that. I haven't got some good news. But I don't want to interrupt that if he's at work and he's on an emergency callout. So is the best thing for me to try the mobile again?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guess so, right, I'll do that. I'll do that. Okay, So who's this Moira? Okay? All right, I'm Christian. Hopefully we'll speak again the next hour.
Speaker 7: S all right, Well that's exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I guess you'd call it kind of good news. Oh good, Yeah, who'd luck with you? Yeah? Great?
Speaker 3: And are you guys you don't mind me asking you?
Speaker 2: Guys? Married? You got kids?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, we'd be married for twenty six years.
Speaker 2: Twenty six years, three kids? How old are the kids?
Speaker 13: Twenty five, twenty two and twenty right.
Speaker 4: Hey, Moya, if the mobile number doesn't work, you have a number for the fire station that we could try him out.
Speaker 2: You don't know the emergency number, just call that just so zero.
Speaker 7: Me Michael, Well there is a number.
Speaker 2: But stay there. We're live on hour. Okay, stay there, I'm going to put you on hold. All right, all right, we're going to play some ads when we come back. We're going to try again. This is good newsic. We know a bit more now. It's got three kids and he's a firefighter. So this is going to go to someone who deserves it.
Speaker 1: The Christian oho' conwell breakfast show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we're about to give away. We're trying this part two. I'll tell you why. It's part two in a minute. The Royal Melbourne Hospital Home lottery. This big prize worth over four million dollars at Glenville home in Camberwell, fully furnished Branny range drove out the driveway and half a million.
Speaker 3: Dollars worth of gold.
Speaker 2: So we just found out the guy we're trying to get hold of. His mobile just rang out. We have a landline and spoke to what abyss of his wife. We know that his name is Michael and he's a firefighter. He's a work right now doing an important job. We're going to try again right now. So this is mobile number. He's got no idea what we're calling up about, and Nora's his wife.
Speaker 6: I hopefully will get hold of him.
Speaker 2: So this is life is not prerecorded. Why anything can happen. I think his wife had texted him, but she did say he's at work and he's a firefighter.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 2: I don't think they'd be going to taken personal calls, right. So we do have a number for the station that he works at, the fire station he works at, all, right, let's try that now. I think it's one of these numbers that goes through to several firehouses.
Speaker 3: It's a centralized number.
Speaker 2: We can't start saying what we're calling up about, and we are we not.
Speaker 4: Allowed to say surname because we don't know it. We can only ask for mark O John.
Speaker 2: Hi, that you're live on God one oh four point three. Right now, we're trying to get hold of a firefighter there called Michael. I need a surname Ashley.
Speaker 3: Right, okay, can I just can I just put you on hold that minute?
Speaker 2: Yea sure, okay, right, let.
Speaker 3: Me just get a surname.
Speaker 4: Can you tell him the surname because then we don't say the surname.
Speaker 2: Hang on, Like I said, this is live. There are there are seven people, right, lawyers, people from the from Deloitte's here and are produced this gave up? How many?
Speaker 3: He said to me, I'm only giving you the first name?
Speaker 4: All right, they don't have a chat with him. Just just tell him the surname and.
Speaker 3: Give Okay, let's tried.
Speaker 2: So this is live radio, so we couldn't give out the guy so name for obvious reasoning to report an emergency. Hang up and dog triple zero. Thank you for calling.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to keep you waiting too long.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello O, Hi there listen. I'm sorry, bothery.
Speaker 2: I know you guys are busy there, but I got some big news, some great news for someone called Michael.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he's on his way in there.
Speaker 15: He's just walking in the room now.
Speaker 2: Bri, thank you very much, this is great news. Thank you. Hello, Ah, Michael, Yes, Michael, are you Michael from Mount Martha.
Speaker 4: He is married to Moira. Say your wife's name is Moira?
Speaker 2: Yeah, got three you've got three children. You're a firefighter, all right? Listen you are live on Gold one oh four point three? Really yeah, I know it sounds like a wind up and what I'm about to tell you it's going to sound odd and it's going to take a while to sink in. But do you remember doing the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home lottery draw? You enter? Yep?
Speaker 3: Yep, Yeah, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Are you stood up? Are you stood up right now?
Speaker 14: I'm sitting down.
Speaker 3: Okay, You've won the big grand prize?
Speaker 2: Oh really? Yeah? No, can you remember what the grand prize is? Hell? Yep, it's a Glenville home and camber well fully furnished. You get a brand new Range Rover. What car have you got at the moment?
Speaker 11: For you?
Speaker 3: You can sell that.
Speaker 2: Oh, keep the right. So you get a brand new Range Rover and you get half a million dollars in gold. Oh so listen, all of that is worth four million dollars Michael.
Speaker 14: Oh, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so how long have you been a firefighter? Thirty years?
Speaker 3: Thirty years?
Speaker 2: You're doing an amazing job at that, putting yourself in harmon's way all of us. And now you just found out at work. So have you just started working the last hour?
Speaker 14: She said a call and we just got back from a call here.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm going to now put your wife on as well because she doesn't know this.
Speaker 8: All right, I'll let.
Speaker 2: You two just have a chat right now. But Moira, I've just told Michael the reason why we're trying to get hold of him. He's just won the big grand prize in the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home lots of it. You've won over four million dollars worth of prizes.
Speaker 5: We win.
Speaker 11: No, that's great.
Speaker 14: I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: All those years of entering the cash cow, it is.
Speaker 4: Finally paid better than the cash care.
Speaker 14: Yeah, much better than the cash care.
Speaker 2: So Michael, you're supposed to now just focus on fire fighting duties and when do you finish today? When can you even celebrate this or take a moment?
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, well I want to get home tonight.
Speaker 3: Oh that's brilliant. Listen, well done.
Speaker 2: I know this is news out of the blue and kind of news which is so big and so life changing as well. What do you guys think is going to be the first thing you're going to do other than hopefully celebrate tonight?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 14: I know, you don't got no idea.
Speaker 3: I guess your job.
Speaker 2: You're someone who's always very calm. We've actually managed to tell the calmest person in Melbourne, the firefighterser over thirty years.
Speaker 14: Oh no, it's fair. I just like you always dream of, isn't it? And you never think it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, where did you even get the ticket from?
Speaker 3: Can you even remember online?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, well you know I've been entering for a while and they yeah, and then they bring into you every time and he has been great. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now listen, what's going to be the reaction for the people we work with, Because they've got a card of friends who.
Speaker 14: Are fin're all hanging around, Yeah, but they are.
Speaker 2: They want some money as well.
Speaker 14: They normally don't hang around me, but they're all hanging around now.
Speaker 2: They hear that you've got gold bars that you're going to be handing out or work tomorrow. Loaded you're the made man there, you're at the don a right.
Speaker 14: Wow, that's amazing. Wow, that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? You never really know who've given these kind of prices too, And I've never given anything about this away. But the fact that it's someone like you and someone who's been a firefighter for thirty years, I think is amazing. I think there'll be a lot of people right now who obviously gutted they didn't get the call, But I don't think anyone can deny that you're someone The kind of service you do for a community is incredible, and I think what a great way to say thank you.
Speaker 3: You've got all of this.
Speaker 2: You really will enjoy it when the pair of you can take a moment tonight of the next couple of weeks when it starts to sink in that you've won a brand new Glenville home and camberwell, fully furnished a Range Rover, and also half a million dollars worth of gold.
Speaker 15: Oh wow, it's.
Speaker 2: Reactions. He listen, Michael, congratulations, thanks very much, pleasure to give you that great news. And moiray, oh can you even eat Moira that. I think you're the one who's starting to really realize what this means. She's gone, she's gone to de part spending the money. Okay, all right then, thank you very much, Victoria, you are incredible. The Royal Melbourne Hospital Home lottery sold out early. Again, thank you for supporting world class care right here in this community. Two great winners there.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Don't know about you. I'm trying to process what's just happened the last half an hour, and we were just saying, you know, how are you meant to carry on a day at work? And a day work for Michael just receive the news that he's won four million dollars worth of prizes. As a firefighter, at any moment, they could get the call out to go into some situation they don't even know often the full details of what they're turning up to you kind of your mind can't help, but wonder what's going to happen NeXT's right?
Speaker 4: Can't get that off your mind when you say that when you go.
Speaker 3: To the you can't knock off early.
Speaker 2: You can't like listen, guys are going to I'm going to head out at lunchtime. He's been he's been a firefighter for thirty years.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 2: The units that they work in, they're really tight.
Speaker 3: Those teams.
Speaker 4: Do they still get cat out of trees?
Speaker 2: Or was that? What about the one of movies as well where we've got a trampoline, you know, someone jumping out of We had so many questions to ask him by I did think think that I want to overload him as well.
Speaker 3: We had last week. Were you in the met I don't know if you were here.
Speaker 2: There was an hour long meeting about what what must happen and what mustn't happen. And let me just tell you from the but just of you, they're gonna have a lot of questions after telling everything we were.
Speaker 3: Told mustn't happen happens.
Speaker 2: Anyway, you enjoyed it, and yeah, one an amazing when Michael the Firefighter getting the great news the question.
Speaker 1: O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So Michael the Firefighter, we just go to the news about fifteen minutes ago that it's uh, he's won four million dollars worth of prices, and the official people obviously had to speak to them and sort of verify some detail. Doesn't telling what happens next, And normally they rushed to this person to take them through because there's a lot to process, and they give them an expert who people who are trained in all this, but he said he's not available to see them into the shift finishes as a firefighter six o'clock tonight. You've got admire that dedication. There's not many of us that for doing that. But oh, come wherever you are right now.
Speaker 3: I'm leaving. Okay, see you guys, I'm out of here.
Speaker 2: All right. Let me tell you about one last dream Rock and All Radio, Christian O'Connell's one laugh Dream. We are asking you, Melbourne, to reunite your old bands. We're giving you a second chance. It might not happened big time, but we are giving you the big time. How many days until the slot that we have for as yet undiscovered bands.
Speaker 4: All right, didn't even didn't even have an opening. Twenty six days, three hours, eighteen minutes, thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there is a stage fifteen people are waiting for you to come on stage. Before there's Jimmy Barnes, before the Angels, there's your bands. This is the last week for you to enter. The deadline is Friday. You go to gold one O four three, dot com, dot you, dot au. We're calling it one last Dream because that's what this is now. It is say originally, if you need our help reuniting you with long lost band members, we can try and do that. But then we heard about this guy. It's not just a band member. Let him tell you more. Coome morning, Alex, Hey, how are you Christian? Hey listen, thanks for getting involved in drumming us A line about Citizen.
Speaker 3: Kane your old band.
Speaker 2: Yes, and why have you entered?
Speaker 15: Well, you know about twenty five years ago. I was in this band. I loved performing original music with these guys. Having kept in touch with any of them, I love performing live it's original, and you know, I'll enjoy playing bass. I was the basis in the band, and I just love laying down a really heavy, thick bassline.
Speaker 2: And so do you ever think about trying to catch up with the guys and doing some stuff together ever? Again? In your life.
Speaker 15: Well, not until not until you announced the competition. I every now and again I just think about it reminiscent about the past. But you ignited that passion and I just love you to help in getting in touch with these guys.
Speaker 3: We can do that. And so what do you do now?
Speaker 2: Then? What do you do now? For living?
Speaker 15: Well, I manage a packaging business. I've been doing this for quite a while.
Speaker 2: That's by day and by night. You're deemon on the bass. So you're the this track. I heard it last night, right, and I said, Tom, producer, we've got to get this band on right. It reminds a bit of talking heads and then your bass comes in sounds like flee from the Chili Peppers.
Speaker 3: You guys were really good.
Speaker 15: Oh thanks you Well, I think we were too bad at all. The musicians were very competent, excellent songwriters. Yeah, so it'd be a terrific opportunity if you know, we'd get back together again, all right, for one last gig.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, I'm going to give a chance out to hear one of your songs on the radio. Then this is I feel angry by your old band, Citizen Kane. Enjoy this, This is brilliant. We haven't got anything like this so far in the competition. There's some really really good craft in this. Your bass is amazing.
Speaker 15: I'm the vocal The vocals are just out of this world. I think David does an amazing job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Alex, did I get the lyrics right? Is that my sexuality will turn you on?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 15: That is correct. Yes, the song's called electric and that was written by David Patone.
Speaker 3: All right, now listen where are the bonds? Where are the boys?
Speaker 15: I've got no idea. I mean I left the band. I was asked to leave the band.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, yeah, you need that right now.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 15: Well in ninety so I met a lovely woman in ninety two who's.
Speaker 2: Now not the singer's girlfriend.
Speaker 15: No, no, there was none of that, so I was I was probably a straight one in the band. So yeah, no, I met a lovely woman. We fell in love. I announced to the band that we were engaged to be married, and the lead lead called me about a month or two later and said, sorry, Alex, you're not really committed what to the band and you're out? So I guess that's just not rock and roll.
Speaker 4: Well, you're not allowed to fall in love.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's what happened, but you're just annoyed at the time. But all is forgiven.
Speaker 2: You should just say my sexuality just turned her on. You know the song came true?
Speaker 15: Well mine certainly did. But yeah, it wasn't to be with the band.
Speaker 4: How many years did they go on? For a few left.
Speaker 15: I know that they replaced me with another player, but I really didn't keep in touch with anyone. The singer came over to my place once, I think a couple of months later, but that.
Speaker 2: Was that was basic.
Speaker 15: We need you, Oh God, the Galian Krueger is there waiting to go.
Speaker 2: All right, So who are we trying to track down? An entire band? I thought we might get the odd drummer a bass player here, but an entire band, So who are we looking for? Count them down?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 15: Well, okay, first of all, Steve Linburne. He was the lead guitar and songwriter, all right, last.
Speaker 2: One last scene here in Melbourne.
Speaker 15: I believe so, I believe. So the second person would be David Pican, I guess, the lead singer. He's also a songwriter, drummer Cameron Gould also. I think he's still involved in music. A little bit in the indigenous music scene, so I'm sure we'll be able to look him up. Another one, Teddy Tadwar the rhythm player, guitar player, and the singer. I think her name was Guy Yankers, but I'm not sure about a surname.
Speaker 4: There's someone in the band you can't remember their name.
Speaker 15: The backing vocalists, the singer, not the sing of these.
Speaker 2: There's cop shows. This is a cold case. This is ice cold. Have you got any names?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 2: I think there was an O or A in the first name. I remember Brown here definitely had eyes in a face.
Speaker 4: All right, Alex, the task is set.
Speaker 2: Ree u nite. We've got to find the names to begin with.
Speaker 15: Well, I've giving you the names.
Speaker 3: Yes, sorry, Alex.
Speaker 2: Sorry, It's how silly of me not said find them right now. I Well, listen, mister bass. We might need I can see why they're Are you to leave now with this attitude? We will try and do everything we can to bring you back with this band.
Speaker 3: Okay, be wonderful.
Speaker 2: Now what happens if we all put you in a room? Is it going to be like Metallica? Some kind of monster? Do we need to get a therapist? To hell that the rift. Are you all going to be kind?
Speaker 15: There's no no, I don't bear any grudges. I mean, I was very annoyed at the time, but you know you forget and you're always forgiven, so there's no no problem. Alright, problem, what's it?
Speaker 3: All right? We'll do our best, Alex. We'll catch up again tomorrow.
Speaker 15: Sounds good, Christian, all right.
Speaker 3: Listen, really nice talking to you as well.
Speaker 2: Seriously, I love the song when as soon as I heard it, you guys sounded great to hear that.
Speaker 3: All right, buddy, good luck.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So been of a big challenge given to.
Speaker 2: Us by Alex. I said, look, we will help you do everything we can in our powers to try and reunite you with your old band members for our big competition. We got the moment on a show called One Last Dream. We have a gig, we have a stage, we don't have a band. The show is in how many days and hours and minutes?
Speaker 3: Keep that tab open.
Speaker 4: I say, I'm glad you asked. Twenty six days, three hours, two minutes, twenty six seconds.
Speaker 2: Okay, until your band goes on stage of one of fifteen thousand people are doing up for Jimmy Marnes, the Angels and many many more. So we just go to Alex and he doesn't just need help realiting with the band member, but an entire band who kicked him out over twenty years ago because he had the audustity to save just got engaged. They're like, get out and lead the bass guitar behind. So we're trying to reunite with a couple of band members now they are we need if anyone recognizes any of these names, please get in touch with us. We're looking for David Brackets, Pickle Peconi, Steve linn Burn, Ted, I won't get this right. Tad was Cameron Gold. That is not sure about that one's name, and always Sid No, he's not sure about this one as well. Gaia Juncass. I mean, if you know any of.
Speaker 4: The kind of person but used to call mother Hugh jas Hujars.
Speaker 2: Andrew's on the line, who thinks he knows one of the names? Good morning, Andrew, Hie Christian? All right, So which name is not Bingo? Which eyes down? Which name do you think you recognized? Steve lin Burn right, lead, guitar, band, leader, songwriter. If we get here, maybe the others will fall. Do you know? Is this a buddy?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I clean he's house on a regular basis, And yeah he still does.
Speaker 17: So I write songs and into music.
Speaker 11: Still did he?
Speaker 2: Does he ever talk about a band called Citizen Kane?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: Not really. It's in the rearview mirror of his life. This is a tough one, all right, Andrew? Which area of Melbourne is he him?
Speaker 11: Mill Park?
Speaker 3: Mill Park?
Speaker 2: All right? All right, Andrew, thank you very much for help so far. That is the only lead we've got. If you've got any more details, please let us know. Email me Christian at Gold one o four three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got brand new at work time where Sephie.
Speaker 2: I'm expecting nothing but golds and maybe some silvers. I'm expecting great work from you today. I think this is one you're going to enjoy. Last night and flicking around the TV and I see some new TV show Bride and Prejudice, and I see it's people shouting on screen, and I'm like, Nope, that's a hard past bride and prejudice. I don't want you to marry him. So I don't know what that impression is imbred in Alabama or something, but some of the people on TV did it? Like your version of that? I gave you five hundred marks?
Speaker 3: Eat a take up right now?
Speaker 2: So anyone think anyway? The outwork time wasters. Combine a movie with a TV show. That's what they've done with the title of that. I've Got Deadliest Catch Me if you can thank you, Jurassic Parks and Reck Summer Heights High School Musical. I think mister g would like that going to a big movie. I love watching that with the kids. Malcolm X in the middle, mister Holland's Oprah, everybody loves rain Man and Doctor Doctor who frames Roger Rabbit? All right, all right, what have you got then? So combine a movie with a TV show.
Speaker 4: Pickey, Blindside, Yes, the Hills have queer eyes.
Speaker 3: That's very good, Fresh Prince of Connair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and married with Children of the Corn nice, brilliant.
Speaker 2: Okay over to you now, text us you'rs. Then combine a movie with a TV show four seven, five three, one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, turn out for Jack to mark today's at work time wasyster on the show, It's Gold one four point three. It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Today's at work time waster is combine a movie with a TV show. Let's get straight to this one in Worriby, good morning, much a Scooby Doo about Nothing.
Speaker 4: It must be a film. I don't know it.
Speaker 2: My film of a Shakespeare playing much Ado about nothing?
Speaker 3: Have you no knowledge of the classics?
Speaker 4: That's all I was gonna say.
Speaker 2: I know Scooby Doo.
Speaker 4: Silver, because I know Scooby Doo.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, Bronze, twelve Angry Friends, that's very good. Gold dude, what's my line? Gold Ari well done, Gone with the Wheel of Fortune, Silver, Lizzie, well done.
Speaker 3: Nightmare on Sesame Street.
Speaker 4: Father, especially coming into Halloween, Gold plus tropical a clever you say, yeah, yeah, what a maca Newcastle, My big fat Greek Bachelorette, Dad, Bronze, Peter Infiran Tree Gully Seinfeld of Dreams.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite so far. I just love the idea. Paul, Thank you, for that one cool Saul by your Name, that's gold Herbe that's very smart. Home Alone and Away that's really really subtle, isn't it.
Speaker 4: That's my favorite so far. God play.
Speaker 3: Chris well done for that.
Speaker 2: And finally fifty Shades of Gray's Anatomy Lee in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: I like that. But Home, Home, Alone and Away?
Speaker 1: I like, all right, Well, don't everyone the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 4: Patty, have you seen a Star is Born?
Speaker 2: As yet?
Speaker 5: I still haven't done it. I've got to do it, do you know what?
Speaker 2: It's amazing, right, it's really nice when great things that've got big heart too well. Number one movie in Australia, number one soundtrack in Australia, number one single as well.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable. Don't really get that full sweep.
Speaker 4: So the original movie was in the thirties or something, and then I think they've done like this is the fourth version of it.
Speaker 2: Really Originally it was about an actor and an actress and so Cooper has bought something completely different to it. But it's not a brand new story, you know. It's like James Mason the fifties as.
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: So on SBS on Sunday Night was the Chris Christofferson and Barbara streisand version from the nineteen seventies.
Speaker 5: I remember their picture.
Speaker 2: On the cover.
Speaker 3: They're like, he's top lesson.
Speaker 4: Yes. Dad had recorded it and he was watching it last night as I'm make my evening smoothie for the next morning, so I can hear him talking to Mum in the lounge while he's watching the show.
Speaker 3: So he's kind of given a commentary.
Speaker 4: He's given a commentary, and there's an obvious new scene or topless scene from what I can tell, because Dad goes, oh, that's that's very brave of her.
Speaker 2: Yes, but if there is a scene that it was a very famous scene at the time where Barbara Streisson got her gear off. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so we think was on display. So they don't mean Mount Martha. I just mean the Twin Peaks. We get the picture. I get it.
Speaker 4: Lady Gaga in the film the new film gets a little bit naked as well, and Day goes, oh, well, lady Gaga, I thought that was brave. But this is in the seventies, so this is really brave for barbar strasan. Then I hear the TV mute and watching that up to I can tell that he's rewind.
Speaker 2: He's having a quiet moment. Don't come in, son, almost.
Speaker 4: I can hear it mute and then playback a bit of the dialogue. Well I heard just before he's rewinded to watch it again.
Speaker 2: He goes.
Speaker 3: Wear out that rewind mun He.
Speaker 4: Goes and this is the way he explained it to mum. Why he wants to watch it again. He goes, maybe it wasn't her, Maybe it was a stand in, So he's got to rewind. Yeah, checks not standing or a double a lot of It's very brave, very brave of her.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: What a show. Then we go someone like changing news. I'm hoping that we can catch up with. All we know is he's Michael, a firefighter of thirty years here in Melbourne. But we gave them news today that he won the grand price for the Royal Melbourne Hospital Grand Draw the Home lottery. Four million donisworth of prices. I want to give him a couple days because he's going to need way more than that. Catch up with him Friday and ask him and his wife what did you have planned this weekend? And now what are you going to do this weekend now that your life has changed anyway? Title today's show Budgie's Getting Intimate with Mirrors, which sounds like a great indie band name Huggy is coming up next. You could be reading out your postcode. You could be winning some cash. Keep listening to Gold one oh four point three all day long to win with postcode bing.
Speaker 3: Go have a great day. We're back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three