Speaker 1: It is, of course, ladies Halloween.
Speaker 2: I'm not a halloweener. I love ghosts, but I'm not that I don't dress up, I.
Speaker 3: Don't have kids to take trigger treaty.
Speaker 4: Every time you say you love ghosts, I feel like you need to add context to that.
Speaker 3: So I just like ghost Britney sees ghosts. You talked about it before. I've seen a you ghosts. Yeah, you talked.
Speaker 1: About a lot of things. That's the problem. So it's hard to work about which is important and which isn't.
Speaker 5: Thank God, we've got some specialists, some spooky specialists in the studio with us now. You may know them from their YouTube series The Australian Ghost Whisper or their podcast as well. They are very interesting, interesting duo Katerina Legado and James Jennings join us The ghost Hunters.
Speaker 6: Welcome you to Hello, thank you, Hello, Hello.
Speaker 3: The ghost Hunters. Hello the Ghostbusters.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah or ghost whispers Is that what you call yourself?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: It all works though, and in terms of ghostbusting, I've always thought that we should wear matching jumpsuits, but Katerine is not sold on the idea.
Speaker 2: How does one find themselves with the job title of ghost whisper.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, Well, the work actually found me. From when I was very young, I was always able to see spirit and communicate with dead people. As I as I got older and moved through life, I just found myself helping more and more people with my gifts and giving them guidance and messages from the other side. And then it just became a full time job. I've been doing this full time for thirty years.
Speaker 3: Wow, time for thirty thirty.
Speaker 6: Years full time.
Speaker 4: A lot of the stuff on your Instagram is around like evil spirits. Is it mostly what you encounter evil spirits? Or is it peoples whose loved ones haven't crossed over? Like?
Speaker 3: What is your experience a ghosts.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's a lot of people would love to hear from the other side, from loved ones from the other side. So I do a lot of those readings for people. But I have also dealt with lost souls and evil there. It's when I go into homes to do house clearings.
Speaker 2: James, you are the print editor of Rolling Stone magazine. You've been a journalist for twenty years. How did you find yourself as also a ghost whisperer.
Speaker 7: Well, look, I have had I guess you could say supernatural instances throughout my life. So I have had what I would call proof, personal proof. I've had experiences which have proved you, on a shadow of doubt that it's real.
Speaker 3: What's the craziest thing that comes to mind that you've experienced.
Speaker 6: There's a few.
Speaker 7: The most recent is we did a podcast and YouTube episode where we actually caught a demon on camera. So a photo of a demonic being, it's legit, and we've got that photo up on our Instagram and it's in the YouTube series.
Speaker 3: And what happened?
Speaker 5: We have the moment actually, James, we got it off your YouTube. Okay, so here it is. This is the moment James is talking about.
Speaker 7: But the biggest surprise came when another spirit haunting the property gave us some very specific instructions. Hello, here, how did we take a photo?
Speaker 3: Take a photo of the room? Said?
Speaker 7: We took the photos and didn't notice anything strange at the time, but upon closer inspection a few weeks later, we made a terrifying discovery by zooming in on a mirror we found would capture the reflection of a demonic creature hiding in another room.
Speaker 2: What do you do when you discover this, I've just seen the photo. We just saw it before. Yeah, before that. How did you get that audio of the ghost that said take a photo?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Like that? Okay.
Speaker 7: So in terms of ghost hunting, there is a device people use called a spirit box, and essentially it's like it's like a frequency scanner, and the theory of it is that like spirits can tune into the frequency and speak through it. So if you watch any ghost hunting TV shows or anything, people use this as a device to get messages through.
Speaker 3: What did you do when you saw this?
Speaker 4: And you say that you often go and do clearings to clear spirits from a place.
Speaker 3: What does that involve and what does that look like?
Speaker 6: So generally I go to the house that is being that has the issues going on, and I have obviously my own ritual and way of bringing the spirits together and calming them and helping them to understand that I'm there to help them, not to kind of scare them any further, because they are quite afraid, they're lost, they're in limbo, so you know, you have to put a lot of love into it and generally help them to move into the spirit. Well, often there's family members pets waiting for them.
Speaker 5: Caine, We're going to go to a break. It is Halloween here at the pickup and everywhere, not just the pick We celebrate all holidays here at the Pickup. We're here with the Australian Ghost whisper More with you guys when we come back. You right to stick around?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 5: All right after this on the pickup, joining us in studio the Australian Ghost Whisperers, psychic medium Katerina Legado and James Jennings.
Speaker 1: Now I believe Katerina.
Speaker 5: We wanted to ask if, because you can send spirits in any room, can you send spirits in peace people?
Speaker 6: Yes, if there's somebody on the other side, Yes, yes, I do. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Have you at all in being here, felt anything or sense anything since you've been here?
Speaker 6: I do feel like there is an older man around you, Mitch, like a like a grandfather, like a really maybe great grandfather. But I feel that he is holding space for you at a very emotional time, and I feel that he's wanting me to let you know that things are going to be okay for you, that you're moving through a really incredibly challenging process this time in your life. He's showing me like this pretty rainbow bridge, like things are going to be happy, even though right now you're not feeling that way. Yea.
Speaker 1: It's very sweet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because he's showing me the rainbow for you and his way of reassuring you that you are moving into happier times.
Speaker 1: Bang on this stuff going on in my personal life, and that feels really happy.
Speaker 6: I feel he was like a father figure almost for you. Yes, very involved in your life. That's what he's saying to me. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he was funny. I feel he's really funny, and I feel like he's been sad to see you moving, you know, being so sad, but he's also kind of saying it's okay. You know, it's okay to feel sad and it's okay to move through all of this.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful. Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: That's really has, you know, tugged on the heartstrings the girls.
Speaker 6: I'm sensing I'm not sure are you wanting another child? I kept sensing a little Laura, Laura, like a little boy around you.
Speaker 4: I would love to have another baby. We talk about all the time. Britti's gonna kill me if I have another kid. It's not great for business, but I would love to have it.
Speaker 3: I feel you will.
Speaker 6: Ever ever since I walked in here, I felt this little child around you, this really playful little boy, and it's like, come on, I just want to come in and want with my sisters.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I would love the context of this though, because I mean, we're talking about spirits that have passed on, so children that haven't been born yet, people that you can tap into.
Speaker 6: This little boy is part of your soul family, so you've perhaps been together in prior lifetime, so we come together with our soul groups. So I feel like this little boy is kind of waiting for you to do a little slip up with Habby and Laura.
Speaker 3: Laura's already got two kids, so coming over to me. Are there any soul families in my.
Speaker 6: Aura?
Speaker 3: I have any soul for kids?
Speaker 6: Like I feel that you need to let go of whatever grief emotions are around children. I just feel that the more you let go of whatever it is that you're holding on to around that concept of family children, I do feel that there will be children in your life, even though you feel like somehow, I don't know, I feel like you're quite distanced from that feeling of children. But I do feel like there's going to be like a surprise, it will happen for you another slipper.
Speaker 3: That is exactly how you feel. You've spoken about it a little bit recently around.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But have you been given like negative information around fertility or have you received negative news? Yeah, I've like, don't listen to it. Yeah, the master of your own reality. Right.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I have babies in the freezer. Yes, you can you hear from them? Or are they two frozen? I have embryos.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I see about four that are fertile, four that are going to be really good.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, well enough about my frozen children.
Speaker 1: It's incredible.
Speaker 3: Do you ever come across James like, do you ever feel like, oh my god, these are really bad spirits that.
Speaker 2: We need to Like do you ever feel worried or unsafe? Or you always like now it's cute, we're here to help.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no.
Speaker 7: I would say it's more common to pick up on the dark, nasty stuff because I feel like maybe they want to let you know that they're there, Like they want to scare you, they want to freak you out, So like as an example, I lived in a house many years ago and I was kept getting working up at night because I was getting shaken. I was literally getting shaken awake and I would see kind of like handprints on the duna type situation. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was so terrifying.
Speaker 7: And that's how Caterina and I met because I was like, I want to move, I want to move, and someone put me in touch with Caterina. She came in, she completely cleared the place and we became friends and we've been friends and that's how we sort of began our journey onto the podcast and YouTube is so cool.
Speaker 3: I have so many questions.
Speaker 5: Are at a time The Australian goes with bright they got a YouTube channel. You do a podcast too, Yes, and that's available everywhere. It's available everywhere. Yep, amazing. Thank you for being on the show, Thank you, thank you for having us. Pam Will and what are you up next? Happy Halloween, Gould. I'll give your kids trigger trading tonight. Laws you're doing that with a kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I'm terrified Halloween inside today kids, We'll see you all tomorrow.
Speaker 1: See happy big guys.