Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Why.
Speaker 2: From Richmond Gold one four point three h Q, Melbourne, Australia, Rocusting to the welcome Christians.
Speaker 3: Gather around, gather and ten the minutes ago, MA give me a microphone.
Speaker 4: Oh con cash, the most important thing breakfast So we feel like one of your limbs is rep toss us.
Speaker 3: Now party. The Boss is not hit tillday. The Boss is not hit till Monday.
Speaker 5: Play Beastie Boys this time we're not allowed to play.
Speaker 3: Give away a million ko no boss now until Monday. The Boss is in the air right now, in the air. When she sent me that email yesterday, I broke down in tears. How would I do anything Boss without you? I won't know what to say away until Monday. We're in charge. We are in charge while the cat's away. Yeah, it's like when you know when they have a prison revolt and the prisoners are in charge. If we are in charge of the asylum, everything must change. But we will give away the ten kine a repeat work day at some point today we'll.
Speaker 2: Give it away song after song after song. If the bosses away, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're in charge, Patsy. What is it we have to repeat after you? Patsy's come back with some new material today. What's that one?
Speaker 4: You You're ready repeat after me? Today's the day I win ten k good luck. We guarantee to repeat. Queen, I want it all before ten a m. Today and give away ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I didn't. We were telling them it was it was definitely going before the end of the breakfast shott.
Speaker 4: Apparently.
Speaker 3: Hey Patsy, so I know you and Jack obviously where the boss is going Brisbane. You fly out tomorrow. So you've been getting ready.
Speaker 4: Your dress is all ready, Yes, you picked it up yesterday, picked it up yesterday.
Speaker 3: Tried it on yesterday evening. Jess rehearsal.
Speaker 6: No, I haven't actually did in the bag. It's a surprise for the husband.
Speaker 3: What you're wearing a dress wear like a sack around the house, you know what. To be fair, I thought of you and Christies story about the people in the Netherlands that was locked up bunker replaced to word Netherlands with werriby. It's you and Chris, you know, is that right? The person escaped the family audi last week one amazing story house insane. I mean the poor people that have been locked up. They were told that the world was.
Speaker 6: Was it seven years or something years? Nine years?
Speaker 3: And then one of them broke free. And here's another astonishing strange bit. He broke free and then walked into the local pub. If you're having a beer right yesterday and it's a bit quiet on Thursday lunchtime and someone walks in.
Speaker 7: You're.
Speaker 3: How many more of us? You think, Oh, yeah, someone's been on the men just don't serve him. Mate, had enough?
Speaker 5: That would be the sound of you.
Speaker 3: How many of this? We've got television communications? We need to raise words. What an amazing moment to get freedom in the local pub?
Speaker 5: And why were were they all adults?
Speaker 3: I don't actually know, Tom, I think.
Speaker 2: They're all over eighteen, which I mean no, I can you you can trap anyone. I'm not saying kid's going to get a more where we go?
Speaker 3: Say, I know the Boss isn't here, but even this bit too much? Did you say you didn't train for anyone?
Speaker 7: More?
Speaker 3: Link bring the boss back? See landing for the Boss's plane. It's not a good idea that we run the radio station. Jack Posters has said you can trap anyone calling now, have you ever tried to trap somebody?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So Patsy, you've got the dress. You're ready for your big dance this weekend? Yes? Please? Can you tell me? What is? I hope I'm getting this right. Microderma abrasion.
Speaker 6: Correct, that's right.
Speaker 4: So I thought I'll have a bit of a freshen up before I go have a facial yesterday, so I went and had microderm abrasion, which is like if you've never had it done, it's like a little vacuum for your face and it removes all the dead skin and stuff, so it's all glowy.
Speaker 3: So it's not like a face mask or it's foliating or anything like that. It's some kind of facial hoover.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, exactly, So they run it over your face. Anyway, The girl said, oh, look, if you really, you know, want to plump out your skin and stuff and have it looking brilliant, you can do a chemical peel.
Speaker 5: Sounds violent.
Speaker 3: It's like a headline that they had when Chernobok kicked iCal chemical peal?
Speaker 5: Isn't that how they swapped Nicholas Cage and juntrabol.
Speaker 3: Originally they went into a spa jack and they were upgraded from the microderma abrasion. So what happens with the chemicals?
Speaker 4: So I thought, and I said to her, Oh, look, it's just a few days out. I don't normally like doing stuff like that that I haven't done before before a major event. And she said, no, you skin will be fabulous. And I thought, okay, so what they do? They just put these chemicals on your face to further enhance, like the buffing of your skin. So she put this stuff.
Speaker 3: And so you want a buffed up looking face, do you know?
Speaker 6: Will you want it to be plumped in the lines, to be left?
Speaker 3: Just a jack casually looked into your newsroom, and then I thought you might. I was willing that he'd say something. And it looks great, and isn't it the way almost shrugged a shop? Did you looked? And then and then you saw no buffing? And certainly I'm from here.
Speaker 5: For where I'm looking through, it actually looks beautiful.
Speaker 3: You actually encouraged to sell. I saw you looking the other way.
Speaker 5: Ever, my thought was I couldn't really tell the difference.
Speaker 6: That's because I'm beautiful every day.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, Yeah to me, to us, there's no one who's got a more buffed up face in radio than you. We call you buffy face Jones. You know, there's no one wo's got the plumpness and the skin. It's they're already woman.
Speaker 6: I'm the buff mama.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 4: Anyway, so she warned me, she said, I'm going to put this stuff on your face, and she said it smells a little like nail boish remover.
Speaker 3: That's foul.
Speaker 6: That peckh horrible, And I went okay.
Speaker 4: So anyway, she put it on, and she said, now this will just sting just for a little bit, Like I.
Speaker 3: Don't want to hear as you're going anywhere near my body, especially my face, this is going to sting. Yeah, So it was it was, I just need to put these thick gloves on as well, the tongs.
Speaker 5: On the other side of security glass.
Speaker 3: Where does it say isotope?
Speaker 4: Anyway, says she put excuse me, she put that on.
Speaker 3: Chemical pat She.
Speaker 4: Was meant to put vasline on my lips and eyebrows so it wouldn't run into I know, right, I was already regretting it. Anyway, she goes, oh, whoops, I forgot the vaciline. Hang on a minute, as like part of this stuff is going into the corner of my mouth, and I'm thinking she should I be like ingesting this junk. Anyway, So we did that, and then she said, now I'm going to spray the second step and now this will really burn.
Speaker 6: And I thought, okay, so.
Speaker 3: First of all part one sting the skin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty much, okay, and she goes bitter only last a minute, and then we'll put like a cool flannel on your face.
Speaker 6: And I thought, okay, I'm going to look fabulous.
Speaker 3: This is worth it, right, pine hundred bucks. This is on a cool flannel on my face. Get grampin to do that. Obsessed with the health benefits of the horrible monkey, it's a bit more dirty in about them than that monkey flannel. My wife, hass one was always there.
Speaker 6: I'm sure she changes it on a daily basis.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So she sprays this stuff and it was like, oh my god, my face was on fire.
Speaker 6: It was like rats gnoring at my skin.
Speaker 4: And I said to her, oh, look that's really like, that's really smarting.
Speaker 6: And she goes yeah, you hang on there.
Speaker 3: Smart smart smart smarting.
Speaker 6: That was a polite way of saying, my face is on fire. Get it off.
Speaker 4: So then she put the fl flannel on it, and she's like, oh, it'll get better, It'll get better. Anyway, it started to ease a bit, and she said, of life, but that's not all.
Speaker 3: Then she said, she starts punching. She's going to smart again the smart and continued, we need.
Speaker 4: To put you under like a sunlight, and what that does is encourages healing in the skin.
Speaker 6: Right, it's like the final step, but it's like an inch from your.
Speaker 4: Face, like and I feel I get really bad claustrophobia. So they put the goggles on you, like you know when you had solariums back in the day and you had those funny looking Gogo.
Speaker 3: Was swimming goggles. Michael Felts would have anyway.
Speaker 4: And then she pats me on the shoulder and she goes, now, you'll sit there for about twelve minutes. I'll just go and do my other client and i'll be back. If it's getting too hot.
Speaker 6: Let me know. And I said, okay, anyway, you'd have.
Speaker 3: To so to sat with the heat. But she'd in from your face.
Speaker 7: So the first.
Speaker 4: Half was okay, it was bearable, but then as it warmed up, it just it was just unbearable. I couldn't bear it anyway. I could hear her talking in the next cubicle and she's.
Speaker 3: Suck her she has for the whole. She's sating there now thinking that the old heat lamp is going to plump up her face. That'll be three hundred bucks radio. They got t much money. We have Kate Lambrouk in the other year. She went for it as well.
Speaker 4: Anyway, and they're talking about Game of Thrones and I'm slain there burning so anyway, and because it's nearly right on my lips, this summer lamp, it's so close, so I've gone hello and nothing, and they're laughing in character again Hello, because I couldn't move.
Speaker 3: My face because the birding and the smarting.
Speaker 4: Anyway, and she's going, oh, that Harringen is such a and I'm thinking I'm on fire in here, and I go.
Speaker 3: Hurrah, No, one aren't now what happened?
Speaker 5: Well, the lips have burned away by now because.
Speaker 4: And then the timer goes off, so my time is up and I'm in darkness.
Speaker 6: It's everything's gone black because the lamps.
Speaker 3: Have come off. And then what happens now?
Speaker 4: And she burst through the door and she goes, oh, I'm so sorry, I forgot about you.
Speaker 6: We're talking about gay.
Speaker 7: And the thris.
Speaker 6: I said, my face is burning off anyway.
Speaker 4: So my lips feel like they're at my nose level and my forehead feels like it's in the back of my head.
Speaker 6: It's good lift, but it's still smarting a bit.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what, Pats. The stuff that women will go through is extraordinary. Chack, would you go through any of that?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: I had.
Speaker 2: They even want to do my spray town this afternoon, which is five minutes and in little ten.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: It's reading up more about this astonishing story. M I've seen it that went all over the world yesterday about this family in the Netherlands. Nine years they've been told that the world had ended. There were no survivors. They were the only survivors who are kind of waiting for the end of time. The full details haven't quite yet come out, but all they know is that one of the family escaped and, like we said earlier, made it to the local pub. And Jack and I have just reading a bit more about this because it's a fascinating story. The public broadcaster in the Netherlands is our TV and they said that looks like their family had been living in isolation, waiting for the end of time for nine years. To think about how the world has changed last nine years. Trump is now running where Boris Johnson's got a country as well? The one's gone crazy. He went to the local pub, all right, escaped to the local pub. So if you've been in some kind of like I said, we sat under the four reason but some kind of captivity whatever for nine years, and you get freedom, you go to the local pub. If it was me, I'm screaming for help and the police not the guy who escaped. The barman at the pub said, how man came in, ordered five beers and drunk them. Then he got talking to the guy. So at no point is he going I've been held against my will. I'd have another one. Yeah, and he got any chips or anything. He's still serving lunch and have another three. It has five beers. Then they casually get chatting. Then he happens to mention to the trade periods. Dana are going to go on that that's a nightmare. Enter the trade, isn't it hey? By the way, Uh, it's the world ended because I've been in captivity. Only then does he bring it up that he might need help, that he's been in captivity and there are others after having and pounding five beers away?
Speaker 2: And how does a family go missing and no one notices for five nine years? Like if the O'Connell's went missing, we'd.
Speaker 5: Be like, where's the O'Connell's gone? They like, we haven't seen Christian.
Speaker 3: We have the entire power looking for me and going he owes this skup of live reads. It's going to give away the ten k and there a bit workday today as well.
Speaker 1: Come on the Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 9: It's time for the radio version of everyone's favorite nineteen fifties television game show, What's My Line of Work?
Speaker 3: All right, so ten thousand dollars are not for grubs right now, so you can ring off, but do try again later when you hear me play it again. Right now, though, it's time for what's my line of work? This is where you come on air. You give us a clue too, roughly what you do for a living. We then have a question each meet Jack and Pats. Then we have to try and guess what you do. What is your line of work? Now the person who is actually brilliant of this is to take to Pats.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think last week you got two out of the three calls that we did. Yep, So Pats is the best one. Jack and Jack and I I don't know who Jack and Ee is. Jack and I need to up our game on this, So give us a call now. Then, if you've got an instant job you think we're never going to guess what it is, give you a prize. If we don't guess correctly. Nine four one four one o four three nine four one four one oh four three, give us a call. If you've got an unusual job which you think we will never guess, we'll take your calls next. Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 9: It's time for the radio version of everyone's favorite nineteen fifties television.
Speaker 3: Game show what's my line of work? All right? So you jump all the phones nine four, one four, one oh four three. If you've got an unusual job or a job you think that we're never guessing. Three question, Jack, myself and Pats will each ask you a question, and we've got to guess what we think you do for a living? What is your line of work? Are the players ready this morning?
Speaker 5: We are ready?
Speaker 3: That is the queen of this game at the moment. You got two out of three correctly guests yesterday, yesterday, last week. Let's go to Candy. Good morning, Candy, Good morning Christian. Okay, Candies, welcome to What's my line of work? Candies? First of all, a clue about your line of work?
Speaker 10: Christian?
Speaker 11: My job involves a lot of balloons.
Speaker 5: All right, Mike, can I go first?
Speaker 3: Instant guests?
Speaker 5: No, No, I'll ask you a Question'll go on. Do you wake up very early in the morning?
Speaker 3: No? Instant guests? Mind? If I take an instant guest team, do you work in a party shop?
Speaker 12: I don't work in a party shop.
Speaker 3: I'm now ow. If you have an instant guest, you know you full go the question?
Speaker 6: Do you work around a lot of kids? I?
Speaker 4: Do pay you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Are you like a party clown?
Speaker 8: I'm not a party clown?
Speaker 3: What do you do? Then?
Speaker 13: Very close? So I'm a children's party entertainer.
Speaker 11: So I'm a fairy, I'm a princess. I'm just a normal, colorful person doing space cleaning, balloon's games.
Speaker 10: All of that.
Speaker 13: Take care.
Speaker 3: But are you sometimes a clown?
Speaker 11: I've never been a clown?
Speaker 3: Actually, why do you shy away from clowning?
Speaker 8: I think, well, either I don't look like clown luckily, or they scare me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've got a bad reputation now with the Penny Wise and Stephen King.
Speaker 3: Twenty nineteen and twenty twenty are going to be great years for clowns. I don't know the younger generation are going into clowning as a line of work anymore, whether it seems that fible an actual occupation, or whether that's one of those jobs. In five years time'll be like, hey, what.
Speaker 6: Happened to clowns?
Speaker 3: And then hire some pr company to rebrand. They won't be called clowns anymore. All right, Candy, thank you very much. Will let's send your prize. Thank you, it's got a Tim. Good morning to Tim, Good.
Speaker 14: Morning, Gosh.
Speaker 3: Go tim sounds like you're on the road where about in Melbourne? Are you?
Speaker 14: Oh, I'm on my way home, so I'm just going through or heading towards Tidelberger.
Speaker 3: Right, gotcha? And your line of work roughly is give us a clue.
Speaker 14: I'm a bit of a rock star.
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Do you work alone?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 3: Definitely not, definitely not. It's an affirmative there for definitely. It's part of a team. Then, okay, so you're a bit of a rock star. Do you work in the music industry?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 14: I do not.
Speaker 4: Perhaps this one's hard your witness. Do you have to wear safety gear for your job?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 3: I do rock stars these days? Do you have to wear those platform shoes? Are actually still reinforced? Aren't they on the toe?
Speaker 4: Can I take a punt?
Speaker 6: Are you a police officer?
Speaker 10: No? I'm not.
Speaker 5: Are you a geologist? Rock star?
Speaker 3: Is genius? That's the cryptic brain of yours kicking in again from the crossword great rock star, I get it, you're a geologist.
Speaker 14: I am. I was surprised. I thought I would have had you guys there.
Speaker 5: And so what's the safety gear? A helmet? In case of rock bumps?
Speaker 14: You on the head helmet yeah, steel cut boots. I is all that sort of caper. You've got a lot of big cuts driving around. You don't want them.
Speaker 3: I think it is actually Tim, you want to check that job description. Do not get hit by rocks?
Speaker 7: Tim?
Speaker 3: And what are you up to at the moment the world of geology? What does a geologist do at the moment in Melbourne?
Speaker 10: Not much?
Speaker 14: Most of the works up in the Hannah Valley in Newcastle area, right, okay?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: And what will you be doing? And see rock?
Speaker 14: So you do a lot of exploration, you do a lot of more planning, scheduling of Carl. That sort of caper.
Speaker 3: It strikes me as one of those jobs where you're your own boss. You can easily just loaf off for the day. And I didn't see any rocks today, Boss, Just watch Netflix and chill. You know.
Speaker 14: Yeah, you could kick up a few people upset trying to get that one through. But yeah, somebod's going.
Speaker 7: To go right.
Speaker 3: Okay, All right, Chim, well done, guys, have a good day. Okay, No, we got some for one last one. Let's make it Nick. Good morning, Nick, Good morning, Christian. Welcome to the show. What's my line of work? Okay, the rough clue is for your job.
Speaker 8: I have just up and down a lot.
Speaker 6: Are you like a linesman?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: So you're not a window cleaner?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Had him there, see a lot of ups and down.
Speaker 6: Do you fix lifts in buildings?
Speaker 3: She's done it again.
Speaker 8: I reckon, No, I don't six.
Speaker 6: Do you you service them? Sorry?
Speaker 8: Christ, No, I don't serve them.
Speaker 3: Do you install them?
Speaker 14: I install them.
Speaker 5: A little bit.
Speaker 3: I tried to cut me off. She hit the ball. So you install lifts. I install lifts, right, Maybe you can settle something. And we had a lift installed here, didn't we a couple of months ago? Remember them? Did all that work? Is it true? Once you get out of the lift, So we're on the second floor, Nick, is there an auto return to base where it automatically go back to the ground floor?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, it can be programmed to do that.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay. Another thing, say, something very bad goes wrong? Okay, and a lift starts plummeting. This happened to me once. It's why I'm still scared. I won't going to lift alone. And it just starts descending. Right, there's some kind of emergency break that will kick in after a couple of floors just dropping into hell.
Speaker 8: When actually take a couple of floors. It's a lot quicker than you think when the emergency break comes in.
Speaker 2: Okay, And why would you need to go in with somebody else? How would that if you're plumbing to your dead.
Speaker 3: Someone to take my last words to testament if they get out to go to a local pub and have five beers before they say we need help. He's in there all right, Nick, thank you very much. You give us a callway, have a good day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three tight Wads. Let's turn today's show into a celebration of those tight wads we've known, we know, we work for. Today is Tight World Thursday. First of all, I meant to talk about this yesterday, but we've had a busy show and I was catching up with a friend of mine back in the UK. And he is a surgeon, not just a surgeon, he's a brain surgeon. Right, What an amazing job to do, literally saving people's lives. And come months ago he had one of his hardest operations and eleven and a half hour operation operate on someone's brain. I can't even understand how a human being can concentrate for that amount of time. Plus it's so much kind of micro micro micro detail with brain surgery where it's millimeters within millimeters and they have to retest to see if they've done it right. So he's there for eleven and a half hours. The guy he's operating on, he didn't know at the time it was a very very very wealthy businessman. When he wakes up, comes back and he's recovering very well. And a month later he rings my friend as a brain surge and saying, you've saved my life. I'd like to take you to one of London's finest restaurants to thank you. That meal was last Friday night. They go to an amazing one of the best, the finest restaurants, not just in London in the world. They have a lovely meal with some great wine, and he's throughout the whole the whole meal, is thanking him. You know, I can't believe what you've done for me my family. And then the bill comes and he says, this just we split this. No, he invited my friend out to thank him who saved his life, who's a brain surgeon. He invited him out to a really nice restent. He's a loaded millionaire and goes, shall we split the tab to a man who saved his life?
Speaker 5: He shouldn't.
Speaker 3: I mean he actually did it a politeness she would you wouldn't go, Oh no, you should pay if that's I saved your life and I can also get in that brain and ruin it again. How they is? I've never heard a story like that. I was astonished. Who could do that? Sit opposite someone, thank them that you invited out for dinner, a brain surgeon saved your life, and then make them pay half the bill. That is incredible. So this morning we're looking for your stories of tightwads. We work for a very tight word boss here. You know, there is a lot of money in Australian radio. Okay, not at this place. When I first got here, there was an email that went round. That's when I realized that maybe not everything is glittery about this place. I emigrated to. An email went round asking people to help volunteer to come weekend and paint the radio seation. Now, if this was a community sort of but I'm hearing the five minute ad breaks, I ain't giving that stuff away for free and like, what do they do with all the cash? And then the sales director came in to help paint the radio station. They were asking people if they would come in at their time at the weekend to come in and paint the radio station. And then there's the treat that the boss offered all of us yesterday. So yesterday you got the email.
Speaker 2: I was excited to know if everybody got it, at least a few and Pat's got a bed scenes that producer Brad and beckam you at as well.
Speaker 3: So thank us for our hard work. And this is a very lovely gesture. Our boss sue to thank us for our hard work, got us some cinema tickets each to go to Village Cinemas. That's a lovely plant thing. However, they expire within seven days. Not just that my email. Yesterday morning I had to do a video to Village Cinemas thanking them for a new thing they were doing with the radio station. Later, I get an email, I've got some free tickets to go to Village Cinema. I start to put it all together and then I don't say that the email says they expire within seven days. And hustle on this special offer and then brackets on the bus. These things have come from the listener's allocation. Hey, this is giveaway tickets that the boss has gone how much for the breakfast show? A few lists for the listeners.
Speaker 5: Even worse, unless if you will.
Speaker 3: Win tickets so that we can go within the next seven days. We got seven days team to go and see the Joker or the Hustlers.
Speaker 5: There's probably some terms and condition somewhere.
Speaker 3: Someone's heard on the weekend from midday till nine pm.
Speaker 2: And someone's gone, you can't give away as a prize tickets that expire within the week. That is just all right, give it the breakfast show, but make it seem like, hey, thanks for all your hard work. And what was the security around it as well? So you sent me an email and saying Brad will have an envelope.
Speaker 3: I thought first, and I've had this before where bosses will give you cash. I've had this years ago. I got a cash bonus in an envelope. Right, they didn't want to put it through the books. I was like, brilliant and h it was like and I had this producer, Brad has an envelope for you. You've worked very very hard. You and the team. It's a small thank you. I think, Oh well, it's a night away Rotted and Langham. Wait, click a link. They expire in seven days. It's come from the listeners winners allocation. What oh, can you do a video thanking them as well?
Speaker 5: That's the tots.
Speaker 3: It tight what Thursday is what we're talking about here. This is incredible, isn't it. So we've all got this tree.
Speaker 2: I guess we all get online today and see what movies we can get by next week.
Speaker 4: Project we're away for the next four days, so you've only got like Monday or Tuesday wednesnight.
Speaker 3: And I've got a feeling when we click that link it's only valid Sunday at five. They're going to work out what is their quietest showing. It's all just going to be us on the Breath Show. I'd imagine when Amos and Andy were at the Heyday running radio in Australia, they must have got the old cinema ticket bonus that expires within seven days. It was self destruct they got.
Speaker 2: I mean, and this is really the glorious thing that you want the gold cut, which is you can go to any movie you want at any time.
Speaker 5: They don't give them any away.
Speaker 2: You have to have a special ID with your photo on it, so you take it to the box office and you can see any movie that you want.
Speaker 5: That's what we should.
Speaker 6: Aim for Holy Grail.
Speaker 5: But in the.
Speaker 2: Meantime, I'm getting on the website.
Speaker 3: Now click that link. All right, okay, everyone give us a call then tighte one Thursday? What Tightwad stories have you got about friends or bosses you've worked for? Who are Tightwad's nine four one four one oh four to three. It's tight What Thursday?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Rio who works on this show works very hard, right that the whole of this small little team for a breakfast show in Australia. This is a small dedicated team. Yeah, it's a good band of rebels and bandit's Rio just came in. He also got the offer from the boss who worked very hard. Click this link. It expires in seven days. Village Cinema tickets. Shout out to Village Cinema is they're the innocent party and all it's on their fault. Great cinemas, you know, there's one near me at South and I love going there. He's just clicked on the link excitedly to go and see Hustlers, Big j Lo Fan and Friday night. It's not vaundid on Friday or Saturday night.
Speaker 2: The ten am matinee is the only session and it'll let you book.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be late for the show next Tuesday. On there's a six six a m. Showing of short circuit to the bosses. Callers to Tommy who works on the show, used to work over at Nova, and he also said they also got the gold card.
Speaker 2: That's what we want and got village. If you're listening, what do we have to do to get the special gold card?
Speaker 3: Karen has told us this when she was a university student living on her own. Then boyfriend she's putting brackets in. Then boyfriend came over while I was studying. He surprised me with a little cake for afternoon tea, but then ask me for three bucks a chip in towards it, even ask for the cake. Tania, my dad, I love this one. My dad refused to pay seventy dollars for his new screen for his phone, so we cut out the glass from my husband's welding mask. He's very proud of himself until he had to replace the glass in the welding mask, which cost him even more. All right, so we look for your stories of tight wards to down Tight World Thursday nine four one oh four three. Sharon, come oning, Good morning, Lushian, Hey, welcome to tite World Thursday. What story have you got, Shadow?
Speaker 13: I worked for a retail company, a larger retail company in Melbourne. And for Christmas and the Christmas thank you gift for all that stuff, we got three individually wrapped chocolates. Seriously, three little chocolates that that was their thank you gift for Christmas.
Speaker 3: Just three. They couldn't step to a box of chocolates all don't bother, don't bother. Actually you know it's bet it three just do none. That's unbelievable, ridiculous.
Speaker 10: It was really bad.
Speaker 5: Were they at least good quality?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 13: No, they were just your standard chocolate.
Speaker 5: They weren't even no brand name.
Speaker 3: Do you think they've broken up? Not even Lynch. It's just terrible. Sharon, Thank you very much. You cool, have a good day.
Speaker 13: Thanks you toob Terry.
Speaker 3: Hello, okay, welcome to the show Type one Thursday. Tell us about the typeward you know then Hello Terry, so brave for the phone.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah. I used to do framing on houses out on building sites and the last thing our boss would do of the day is the boil kettle, tip it the hot order into a furnace, take the hot water home and when he ate his clean did his dishes, he just tip the hot order into the sink so he didn't have to use.
Speaker 7: Way.
Speaker 3: Our boss has listened list week in a note right now and that's it from now. I know more village and tickets for you guys. You can have some complimentary hot water to take home, bathe your family and love wanting.
Speaker 5: You have to provide your own misty Terry.
Speaker 3: That is unbelievable. That takes the biscuit Terry. That's a great one. Thank you very much.
Speaker 10: Not a problem.
Speaker 3: Cameron, come oning, Hello camera, welcome to a show. Hope you having a good week type on Thursday. What's your story mate?
Speaker 11: Well, I had a very good boyfriend at one point who is no longer my boyfriend, who found a Valentine's Day card for me that he liked, so he took a photo of it.
Speaker 13: And sent it to me.
Speaker 5: This is how I feel about you.
Speaker 3: A little gift image the gift that keeps on giving. I guess camera and that's a great one. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: She called the first time O'Connell breakfast show old one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: I remember years ago on my old radio show, we've done a week long competition with some shower manufacturer on the big ones in the UK, giving away a shower day. You can see why they hired me to come out here get the guys giving away a shower day. So it was the main man over there in the UK making moves, doing deals.
Speaker 5: When are we finally doing that here as well?
Speaker 3: When twenty twenty they're sending you the big stuff for twenty twenty. Anyway, shower day okay? And then the sales teams the afternoon and go, look, the client really loves it. Do you want if they come in and watch it on Friday? And we're like yeh sure, okay. This guy turns up right and he throws me the brochure. Right we just moved house and he goes, oh, I hed, you just moved in. I'd like to give you a free shower and I go, oh wow, thanks, this is all off it. Then he goes, not want the expensive ones at the.
Speaker 5: Back, stick to the front of the pamphlet, please.
Speaker 3: Right, And I was like, ha ha, and he went, no, that's just the front half. Un today, I actually said, not one of the expensive ones of the fact I looked at the ones at the front. Are those ones you get in a cheap sort of hotel that have got a trickle of water that come out, you know, the waters sort of? Alright, let's take out one or two more calls. Jason, good morning.
Speaker 15: Good morning.
Speaker 8: How are you today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're good mate. I hope you are having a good week as well. Jason tight Ones, what have you got for us?
Speaker 8: When I was working at Red Rooster growing up, where you had one of our managers that went around and pulled one fluorescient two out of each of the double fluorescent lights to try and save some electricity?
Speaker 5: Do you even seeing notables not change with that?
Speaker 3: What are you saving over a year? What are the net savings?
Speaker 8: Ten cents? Awago, reckon, that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it. After each show. Now we'll be stripping this place. Sorry, Huggy, you have to do my candlelight savings austerity measures. Jason, that's a great one. Thank you very much, mate. Have a good day you do.
Speaker 12: Uh Katrina, Hi, I've got to crack it for you.
Speaker 3: Great off your go. Mate.
Speaker 12: Used to work in a travel agency and one of my bosses used to use notepads with pencil, rub them out and reuse notepads over and over, just one.
Speaker 3: Sheet being written over it again and again and again, like engraving on something that's incredible. Katrina, thank you very much, have a good day.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 14: I understand.
Speaker 5: I am nothing against you.
Speaker 3: Too participation of what's about to happen?
Speaker 7: Am I right? Room?
Speaker 3: You two? Chris O'Connell's ten Weeks of Chips YouTube all right, Week three only on the Christian. I call it back for show till the next seven weeks. We've got tickets every single day at seven point thirty. This week it's you two, Joshua Treats or Live in a couple of weeks time Marvel Stadium next week. We announced this yesterday. Lenny Kravitz back in Australia for the first time in eight years. Tickets on sale next Thursday, eleven am. How many Lenny's iman. Last year we did how many Feels? We're dusting off that old one. How many Lennies next week? Stop brushing up on Lenny Cravits's height. If you want to win those this week, you two tickets. We've been playing you two against you, two for you too, ask you to play with somebody else. So so far we've had husband and wife's playing in bed. We've had people cart pulling the radiographers trying to win the tickets. A couple of days ago, so I was being a car with somebody else right now. We've also had the mum with two daughters ten years apart yesterday on a quite a fraught kind of tension in that car because they crashed out. The first question, do you remember them?
Speaker 10: Yep?
Speaker 2: I had a lady yesterday during the song Janine, if you're listening, who is trying to find just a person on the street to be her plus one because she was driving alone.
Speaker 3: I thought, tomorrow, do we insist that they have to play with a strange ranger? This might take a bit of setting up.
Speaker 2: How about you get like extra points if you get on with the strangers today or tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Priority priorities through if you pick a stranger, anyone at the bus stop or anything like that tomorrow. But today you just need to play for somebody else. Teams have two you two taken on YouTube for you two tickets. I will say this, but you sa Beck has been writing the questions this week. And remember we used to do beat the Boss. The question master used to struggle. She's struggling with hit Thursday, and some of the questions I've had to weedle out.
Speaker 2: Oh no, We've asked everything there is to ask about you too.
Speaker 3: Well, so the leaders would do you know Bono's brother's name? I know that I've interviewed about five times. It's never come up in conversation about his brother, Norman. Norman. By the way, if you know Norman, imagine that someone gets through. Yes, we'll get over.
Speaker 7: We go.
Speaker 3: What's Bono's brother's name? What all right? Called her?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: The questions aren't as hard as that nine one O four three. To win your tickets, you just need to be playing with somebody else in teams of two you, two for you, two for you two nine four one four one I four three. Good luck.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Let's play you two for you, two for you two.
Speaker 14: I understand, I am.
Speaker 9: Nothing against YouTube anticipation of what's about half a rock room?
Speaker 7: You knows you O'Connor's chain.
Speaker 3: Weeks of tricks you two all right? The way we're giving away to YouTube tickets this week, week three and ten weeks of tickets next week. Lenny Kravitz, we're asking you a YouTube question. You're playing in teams of two of you, Hobe. We've got some brothers lined up. We've also got a couple of guys at work sales reps waiting in the load and bay. If we get to them, come on here. We ask you a YouTube question, you know how five seconds to talk amongst yourselves. Then you need to give us the answer. If you get it wrong, we go on to the next you too. First, this morning, we got two brothers in the car. Love this Stewart and brother Adam. Good morning boys. Hello first of all, then hello to we still have.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 3: I love this. Were you do when the stoodn't found what you're looking for?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 9: Tim Graham, Tim grand Right and great Man tickets were good?
Speaker 5: Are we talking to him each other?
Speaker 3: I don't know what's happened Stuart? First of all, good morning Stewart, Good morning Christian and good morning Adam. Goody. Question and who is driving the car?
Speaker 10: All right, we're not trending. Stewart's driving the car.
Speaker 3: Stewart is driving the car, gotcha both you two fans?
Speaker 10: M yeah, well Adam moves on ys like you know here we have them right.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're ready for your question? Bring it on? All right, here we go.
Speaker 5: That's about you too.
Speaker 3: Oh we're here, so it's justly spilt something on my questions. I've just rushed it off. Okay, your question is, name the You two single that didn't make it onto the Joshua Tree album? Name the You two single that didn't make it onto the Joshua Tree album. You're trying to starts now, Brothers, what do you think the answer is?
Speaker 10: This is mis.
Speaker 9: Jabo and you call.
Speaker 7: It from the pub?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Boys, now, isn'tsarievo? No, let's time on the brothers crash out? Wherever were you in it? Brother's grim? What the hell was going on with that?
Speaker 5: So we can only get better from here on?
Speaker 3: All right? Have we got here? Nicole and Matthew, good morning, Good morning okay, so do you work together? What's to deal with the Cole and Matthew.
Speaker 11: We're engaged. We've been together for almost twenty three years, and yeah, we're going to be forever together for another fifty one.
Speaker 3: You sign a contract. It's like a phone contract with the chance of no upgrades.
Speaker 15: Do you make me laugh?
Speaker 11: Every day? Starting is free medicine for the mind, body and soul.
Speaker 3: We are we lying? Yes, I said very kind thing to say, Thank you very much, Nicole. I'm just I'm just reading at the fact that you know you're going to be together for fifty one years, precisely fifty one years.
Speaker 11: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound so silly.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, it's funny. That's the same with Joe Janaher. You know the Bombers. He'll be there for fifty one years.
Speaker 11: Matthew Barricks to the Bombers.
Speaker 3: Oh right, yeah, yeah, all right? So are you big you two fans?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Have you seen them march together before and you're twenty four years together?
Speaker 11: Yes, we have.
Speaker 14: We've went to the RIDI good concert.
Speaker 3: I went to Vertigo right, brilliant. Yeah, A great live show that was, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, you're ready for your question?
Speaker 11: Yep?
Speaker 3: Please engaged for.
Speaker 2: Twenty four years, together for fifty one.
Speaker 3: You do the math, by the way, let me kill the music. One last question. So you haven't been engaged for twenty four years? Have you? No?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 11: You finally to me last birthday of September last year, on Grand Final day, on my birthday, and I'm ready together twenty two. This is the twenty third year.
Speaker 3: It took us time, didn't me? He was really just wighing up the options, wasn't he? Nineteen years? Still not sure? Twenty years, still not sure?
Speaker 5: All the negotiations for that fifty one year.
Speaker 3: Another fact that would post on the Grand Final. What else is a Bombers fan going to do? Sing burn?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 3: Well we oh yeah? The questions? Yeah, Nicole and Matthew Sorry Christians, no, you stop saying so you know anything wrong? You're funny. We love you too. What is the name? What is the name of you two's debut album? What is the name of you two's debut alby mid time starts now? Good luck?
Speaker 7: Oh oh no, no, right, going to.
Speaker 3: Have to Russia. It's the first this album, the first U two album. What was it called? That's your question for the you two tickets. I think everyone wants you guys to win tree.
Speaker 11: Yes, no, it wasn't that came out in eighty seven. They came they brought out something year or was ninety seventy?
Speaker 13: I think.
Speaker 3: I think the second I don't know what about play it now? We need excuse me?
Speaker 11: Can I ask one question? Are we a lot of time ringing in tomorrow to play again or not?
Speaker 3: That's you haven't even answered the question. You don't get that on mini now hot seat?
Speaker 5: Any can I get any?
Speaker 3: Can I come back tuesday? Do you know what have the how the I'm going to give you the tickets? Okay, because I think you two are right now. You haven't even answered question, but you deserve the tickets.
Speaker 11: I'd like to kiss your feet in your cheeks for right now.
Speaker 3: And the rest of me she doesn't care for all, right, do you want to? That's quite right? Do you even have a guess at the question what's the name of you two's debut album lumbers?
Speaker 11: I would say Josh's Tree, but I know it's not.
Speaker 3: It was boy. But you've got the tickets? Okay?
Speaker 11: Oh, thank you so much and thank you for making uncle.
Speaker 15: Laugh every time.
Speaker 3: I know you've made us laugh this morning. Thank you very much, and congratulations on that engagement and the next fifty one years together.
Speaker 11: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Do you know what everyone I say right now? That's text if you are in a relationship, Text the person that you're in a relationship with and say I want to spend the next fifty one years with you and just see what happens.
Speaker 1: The first time O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three time for this week's isolated vocal. That's as well. We stop everything pay isolated vocal track. Then we play the song that's taken from When you listen to the isolated vocal performance, it's somehow stripped away from all the music, it sounds purer and more. I don't know, it's got this different quality. This is a song you must have heard a thousand times on radio stations all over the world foreigner Cold as Ice. But when you take away all the music and so the lyrics pop out a bit more with the meaning behind them, it's a different song. Have you listened to this? It's this week's isolated vocal.
Speaker 15: You're as cold as ice, You're willing to sacrifice our love. You never take advice. Someday you pay the place. No, I've seen it before. It happens all the time. Clothing Now you leave the world behind.
Speaker 3: You're digging for gold.
Speaker 15: You're throwing over a fortune in three your legs, But someday you're paying. You're as cool as ice. You're willing to sacrifice on love. You want paradise, but someday you'll pay the price.
Speaker 1: Sun No The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Did you text your other half to say you want to be with them for fifty one years? I've texted my wife no reply that she's horrified.
Speaker 5: I got a reply.
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 2: I said, I want to spend the next fifty one years with you. Biancho right back me too, love heart, love heart love hat.
Speaker 6: Oh Neally weeds.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Perhaps if you texted Chris, he takes it back.
Speaker 6: I love you too.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, I want to commit for fifty one years. As to where I be love got.
Speaker 5: You're the one who hasn't got a response.
Speaker 3: Yet because I think she's actually fainted. They're just how lucky she's the only one life many times over, but extending for another fifty one years. I might text the boss here and so I want to be with you for fifty one years, but maybe not. All right, So it's time for kids, what's bugging you?
Speaker 5: What's bugging you?
Speaker 3: All right? This is now We talk to everyone on the school run right now and another a lot of kids listening to the show, which we love, but I know a lot of the kids you're forced to listen to the show. We are not the show you would actually want to choose on the radio, but mum or dad driving you right now make you listen to us. So apologies for that. However, once a week is a thank you for putting up with the show. We that you have your own feature, and this is where you can simply call up me, call us up right now and tell us what is annoying you right now. It might be something an argument that you've had with mum or dad, or something that's been going on since the weekend or from last night with your brother or sister. But it's simply your feature. Kids, It's called kids, what's bugging You? And you just give me a call out nine four one four one four three and you tell us. What is bugging you in my house right now? There was an argument last night. I told the kids good news, se the boss has rewarded me for some hard work and has given us four cinema tickets and sitting there when we could go to the movies this weekend, Maybe go and see Hustler and the Hussy's and it's new Jennifer Lopez movie looks really good based on a true story. And my youngest daughter, who is about to turn thirteen. A couple of weeks time, I said, oh, I want to go with a friend, but we just need you to walk us into the cinema and then leave right because it's m A fifteen.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, adult supervision.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they won't need us to walk into the cinema. And I said, well, I won't mind seeing it myself, because no, we don't want you being in there. Don't come. And then she said, some friends of ours, what they've been doing is buying tickets to go and see Dora the Explorer, going into that a little showing and then go into the toilet straight away and then just walking straight out because no one would check straight into the showing of Hustlers.
Speaker 2: Well, you say, no one would check. But that used to be my job at HOHI is to look out for that scam, which was pulled off many times by young kids. One one time, kids got into hostel you know the horror movie, and I had to kick him out. I said, sorry, guys, you're the man.
Speaker 3: I can't imagine you doing that. Come on, you're the least man.
Speaker 2: Man kicked him out. I still remembering three kids on their way out joy On their way out, they went past the broom cupboard, took a broom out and on the other side of the doors put the broom through the two handles of the door, so that when I came out again, I was locked.
Speaker 3: They stuck it to the man. The heroes are the story.
Speaker 5: Those kids had to go out of fire exit.
Speaker 3: That's a bad work when you've been owned by some kids throughout hostel. All right, give us a cool kids. What's bugging you? Nine four one four three?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melvin's Gold one four point three? What all right?
Speaker 3: We do this every Thursday. It's a chance for us to say thank you to the younger listeners that are forced to listen to us on the school run, so kitch, you just call us up and tell us what is bugging you. Let's go to Sophia. Good morning, good morning, Good morning Sophia. So you're on the school run right now? Yeah, all right, Sophia, what's going what's going on?
Speaker 16: So I'm none and I still have to sit in.
Speaker 14: A booster Oh that's not right?
Speaker 3: Not at nine? What are you doing in a booster seat?
Speaker 16: I'm too small?
Speaker 3: Oh, but I think you're perfectly sized. I mean, it's just for safety, but it must really irritate you. Do you feel a bit fed up?
Speaker 13: Yep?
Speaker 3: And do your friends? Do your mates are also your age? Do they see you getting out the little diddy booster seat?
Speaker 16: I do not? Actually?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And what about what happens when you go to the cinema? Do you have to sit in the booster seat at the cinema?
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 3: Ah? Right, but that's okay, then you're fine. Who is making you sit in the booster seat? My mom? Yeah? What happens if you throw away the booster seat? Can you know you're too small in the back of the car.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I am way too small in the back of the car.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, are you eating all your greens?
Speaker 12: Sometimes.
Speaker 3: Well that's a problem right there. If you start having a lot more broccoli, you'll see that you will get a lot taller overnight. I reckon you'll be another two or three feet tall if you have some broccoli today. Ill, all right, so here, thank you very much for giving us a call. Have a good day at school, you too, Thank you, girl, Lucy, good morning, Good morning. Hey Lucy. You've called us before, haven't you. Yeah, yeah, welcome back to the show. Okay, Lucy, always great to chat to. Lucy, Lucy? What is bugging you?
Speaker 16: I'm my art teacher.
Speaker 3: What's the problem with the art teacher?
Speaker 16: She's old and annoying?
Speaker 3: Right, you see what the thing is? You know, the teachers have to be older than you, but they've got all that knowledge and all that wisdom to share with you.
Speaker 16: Well, she doesn't really like my class and her breast stinks.
Speaker 3: Well that's a bit of a mean thing to say, isn't it. You can't be saying that about your teachers that are breasting. She's a person too. It would be very nice thing to someone to say about you, would it, Lucy, Lucy? Hello, Lucy? Still with us? All right? List and Lucy, we're gonna move on now, mate. Okay, thanks for giving us a call. You've gotta be kind to your teachers. They're just people like you as well, trying to do their job. All right, Cheers Lucy, Anthony, good morning.
Speaker 16: Good body.
Speaker 3: Christian, Hey, good morning. This is more like it. Anthony. How are you doing good? Yeah? You looking forward to school today?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What what are you excited about at school today? Anthony?
Speaker 16: Well, we're doing this this this Coultier with technology and we had to bring you the toy. We're ready to see what we could change.
Speaker 3: But that is amazing. You're obviously a very are you clever young boy? Anthony? Yeah, Australia in the world needs young people like you at the age of eight to start innovating with toys to see what you can do better.
Speaker 11: Yep.
Speaker 3: If it goes well today, I'd like you to come in on the Breakfast show to say there's anything that we can innovate around here. We need to innovate a bit more. Okay, but listen, what is the thing that's bugging you than Anthony? What?
Speaker 16: Christian?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 16: What's buggy? The other way died? My dad had to wake the tour and I'll righty, pibby five dollars? What do we that tour?
Speaker 3: Okay, right, yep, this is shocking. So how much are you owed by dad? How much are you owed? How much does dad owe you?
Speaker 16: Five dollars?
Speaker 3: Five dollars? And when did you do the chores?
Speaker 16: I think suday?
Speaker 3: Yep, sunday. Okay, So here's what you have to do, right, how's in maths? Have you learned about a thing called interest? So right, okay, quick listen. Now, the more that you're not paid something, your dadn't now owes you extra money because you're owed interest. So that five dollars, let's just call it a dollar a day in interest. He now owes you nine dollars today. If he doesn't pay you today, it goes up to yeah, I know that's I don't.
Speaker 5: Know what lime sharks. You're not working for you, Anthony, but they going.
Speaker 3: So if he doesn't pay today, he owes you nine dollars and then it's ten tomorrow. Okay, so we need to pay you today. Okay, all right, it's he in the car now, yes, can you hear me?
Speaker 16: I think I'll put you on staker.
Speaker 13: I bet he could hear you do that?
Speaker 3: Anthony. First of all, what's what's the what's the dad's name? Paul? Right, okay, clap's the tech name? That's the top turner? Is that you've done? And i'll speak of home? Yeah, good morning, Paul. Listen, I'm acting on map of Anthony here. Yeah, as a deck collector. You now, oh, Anthony, your son nine dollars because you haven't paid. It's been accruing interest. It's compounded to the five now rolls to nine. Of course, if it's not pay to day or go over to ten tomorrow, well.
Speaker 8: Can I be for all the other extras that I have to do for him?
Speaker 3: Regarden?
Speaker 8: He's washing and.
Speaker 3: I hate it when money comes between the father and a son. But look, you made a deal, and you've got to understand a deal's a deal. If he's done the chores, you own the money.
Speaker 14: Paul Okay, Well, I'll give his party to talk to my party.
Speaker 3: All right, Thanks, bol Anthony, have a good day, love me talking to you mate, Thank you. Good luck innovating the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Queen I wanted all that was a song you're looking out for listening out for to play twice this morning to win you ten thousand dollars ten k no repeat workday. People always just presume they're the only person that calls to win this. Someone says, text said, how could it be engaged? I ranked straight away and a few thousand other people. Sorry, all right, let's find out who is winning the ten thousand dollars. Lots of you calling it obviously right now, let's try and give away the money. Let's go to the lines, picking one of you at random. Good morning, you're live on gold. Who's this Hello? Yes, Hi Malorie money Melanie Mallory Mallory, Yeah, you just won ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 13: Oh my goodness, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I'm thank you, well done. A lot of people trying to call right now. We've selected you. Well done, well.
Speaker 17: Thank you so much. I'm just driving. I'm going to be late to work, right.
Speaker 3: Take it easy, take it easy, okay, don't worry. And what are you going to do with you instant? Ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 17: I'm getting a haircut tomorrow.
Speaker 3: It's a prepig haircuts. Now here have you got ten thousand dollars? I know women spend a lot of their hair. But you're being ripped off.
Speaker 5: There are cheaper places.
Speaker 3: So apart from getting your hair cut, all right, what else you going to do with your ten thousand bucks?
Speaker 17: I think I will.
Speaker 13: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 17: And I really need a new car, so I might try to put it towards that or save it. I'm not sure I should just go and spend it, but I think I might save it to my future.
Speaker 3: All right, well done? You have a called a trump? Have you ever called a radio station before tron when something?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 16: Actually I called all the time.
Speaker 3: Do you have?
Speaker 13: Yeah? Shows?
Speaker 17: If you keep trying, you can get there eventually, all right.
Speaker 3: And if you want anything before.
Speaker 2: Yeah I have?
Speaker 3: What if you won?
Speaker 11: I have one?
Speaker 17: She gets to a rain room before on another station.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't say that, but yeah, all right, okay, gotcha one of them?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Well listen, you won your money. Well done, ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 17: Oh my goodness, thank you, I'm so overwhelmed.
Speaker 3: All right, Well done. Enjoy that haircut tomorrow in a new car.
Speaker 13: Thank you.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks Mallory, Well done.
Speaker 12: Bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connal Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We've got a couple of emails here. One of them is the a y Well never getting your emails, and you can email about anything we've been talking on the show. It might be a previous show this week or last week, or a podcast you found from a year ago. It's called Late to the Party. This one is from Cat Fagan, Late to the Party about working as an extra. Are we doing this on five DO Tuesday?
Speaker 5: Today?
Speaker 3: We're asking if you ever worked as an extra. Christian I worked on an extra on every season of Wentworth. I had a few bit parts as well. My most recent one was a one I've done a couple of times, junkie prisoner in the background and Christian. They do this amazing makeup there, and so I was to pay an addict on it. And it was on a Friday evening. We finished filming a bit late and I was due to go home where we having some people coming around. Totally forgotten that I still had the makeup on from the show. Went home. My husband had a few friends around already for a few drinks sitting on a back deck. I got back home and started chatting to them. Of course I forgot totally because I was rushing that I still had the TV makeup as a prison junkie with track marks on my arm everything. Evyan was just sort of staring at me as I was chatting casually to them. That's from Cat and then this one comes from our good friend Lovely Simon owens over at three AW.
Speaker 5: It's written before the show.
Speaker 3: Is a regular correspondent. Yeah, lovely guy Simon. Really nice blow over there at three AW and me Jack and Pat says where we'll be lending up in a couple of years time if it all goes well.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: At the moment, we're pretty good on the short list for the midnight till two on a Sunday morning. Go shout out to Russ and John. Okay, this is from Christian. I've been enjoying all the Neighbours chat this week, a little bit behind on the podcast. Two things I felt compelled to tell you about Neighbors. Number one, I've had the pleasure of interviewing the great Barry Crocker, who sang the first couple of versions of this the classic Neighbors theme tune. Barry Crooker told me that the writers of the classic TV theme tune, Aki Trent and Tony Hatch. Tony Hatch has written seriously over fifty I would guess massive TV theme tunes is a legend of a TV theme tune writing. Anyway, the original writers of the song to Neighbors were extremely clever. Get this, What a smart move. When they were approached to write the theme tune for this brand new show, they agreed to do so on one proviso. It was guaranteed that as long as the show is on air, it has to be their theme tune. That is always the theme tune. Very small, what a gamble because they didn't know it was going to last for what thirty five years, has been running now and still going strong, so different people can come and sing it. You're always going to get the royalties for a show that has been is in sixty different countries. You making bank on that. It's an incredible deal. What a great idea. So they would have had what thirty five years of royalties even now that we're getting some from US. Christian Ian Smith Howard Bishop has got a couple of mentions on the show this week with your six Degrees of Neighbors. He is one of my favorite ever guests. You have to get him on the show. We've been blessed this week. We've had Brett Swain called in on Monday when were originally saying neighbors. Because Reg Watson, the creator of the show, passed to over the weekend. Brett Swain played Kim Timmins. This has now sent us on a Timmins family reunion. Yesterday we had sting Ray Timmins played by Ben Nichols, whose mother in law had heard us talking about it and asked him to give us a call. Be great if by the end of this week we could get another Timmins and also the great Harold Bishop. Christian heat You've got to get him on the show is Oh my God, just sing. He's given me his mobile number. We down to that bit. Delightful guy, always up for chat. He told me one of the best stories I've ever heard. I know you love your stories, but I've been at three aw twenty four years some has been there. I've never heard a story as good as this. It's about the time he met John Cleese when they were shooting a commercial on a golf course. I will not tell you the story. You have to get Ian Smith aka Harold Bishop to tell you the story. On Friday show. It'll be a show stopper for the week.
Speaker 2: I've got Harold's night asking on somebody's phone night and we just didn't who's calling Christian.
Speaker 5: We just don't go around and go, hey, he's Chris christims Worth phone number.
Speaker 3: We don't want to get. Oh man, he's probably going to get it in the neck anyway for three W. But even contacting arrival breakfast show and now passing on I haven't got it here that or the temptation of calling to that after a couple of glasses of wine starting impressions of neighbors characters Ron, do we call it? Yes? Do we call it and say we're from three a W. Then he won't get annoyed and just stick him on air tomorrow. He won't know who he's talking to anyway. Simon Owens, thank you very much for emails if you've got any about anything to the show or any phone numbers of any other neighbors. Cast members still trying to get hold of Stephan Dennis. Has anyone listening got Stephan Dennis's mobile number to get Paul Robinson on tomorrow as well? Email me Christian at Gold one O four three dot com dot au for all your later parties.
Speaker 1: The Christian Who Conwell, Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, The neighbors loving continues. Just have this hot email off the press breaking from John Watts, area sales manager, Vic East and Taz for Oliver Footwear. You know I'm obsessed with I always read all listeners emails to see what jobs you do. Hi, I heard you talking about Barry Crocker used to sing the your Neighbors theme tune. My mom used to live around the corner from Barry and Geelong, caught the bus to school with him. One of my mates sold Stephen Dennis a Ford Territory a few years back. So much there and that's why John Watts is the area sales manager Vick East and Taz for Oliver Footwear. A twofo, not one. His mom used to live around the corner from the guy who had sung the original a Neighbor's theme tune, Barry Crocker, and caught the school bus with him, and then one of his face so Stephen Dennis a Ford Territory a few years back. That's one of the best six degrees of neighbors we've had all week. Maybe tomorrow. Have you sold anything to someone who used to be in neighbors.
Speaker 2: It's still probably have his numbers. Yeah, after selling your car you take someone's number.
Speaker 3: Well listen, wa see he's area of sales manager Vicky and tas for Oliver footwear work give us the details, all right? Today's that work time waster is make a movie cheap?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: I've got Lord of the Key Rings yeap Ocean's one budget cutbacks in the forty of the two Danny Ocean's Gone Oceans one warm tub time machines too hot to get it rid of you. It's just warm enough. Just go in now and Avatarp that's all right, yeah, Avatarp. If you love your top based humor, keep it locked on to me. My friends Jack, what if you've got for make a movie cheap?
Speaker 5: The sound of royalty free music.
Speaker 3: Sounds of silence in the studio, my friend avatop.
Speaker 5: Dinking, Miss Daisy, too expensive to drive?
Speaker 3: Plus, that's very good. Do you call it a dink here?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It used to be if you had a mate on the back of your bike, it was a back eat and then a frontie. If you're on the front of the bike, dink. Why the dink I.
Speaker 5: Was about to make fun of the FRONTI and back makes sense.
Speaker 3: It's just going to all get back into a Regina Regina thing, you know.
Speaker 2: A front of your back. He does stand kind of rude, though in the right context. Dude wears my coupon.
Speaker 3: You've always been very snobbish about my love of a dude wears my This is the first time this year You've well done. I see you now as send it to new heights once you realize the correct use of the joy, the deep joy of a dude wears mine. I had, dude, where's my cardigan? Both thought you'd go.
Speaker 6: That is again.
Speaker 2: And last one. This is a thinker, So let a beat pass. And then you've got another one of my stealth jokes. Okay, if you go silence a studio, saving public.
Speaker 5: Ryan, now in, you're not finding it funny, You're not h I.
Speaker 3: Just need a bit more time on it.
Speaker 2: It's again saving public Ryan, Like if you've got private health insurance or you're using the public healthcare system, it's cheaper saving public Ryan.
Speaker 3: Hello, okay, text in now oh four seven five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 5: I wish I could have a gun the silence buttons.
Speaker 3: All right, this is yours. Make a movie cheaper oh four seven five one oh four three with Mark them in ten minutes time. You've got tickets to go and see Zombie Down two Double tap the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Whats's just got back to me? You know my new mate John Watts. Ye, his mum used to get on the school bus and Barry Crocker did the Neighbors team tune and as we all know, John Watts is the area of sales manager Vickys and Taz for Oliver Footwear Christian. Thanks for the plug do you and the team? I want some boots from Oliver Footwear ps A mate of minds also sold a car to Scott Cahn. Ah, yes to the boots, definitely Oliver Footwear official supply of boots to the Christian O'Connor breakfast shop. Christians. That you know about Stephan Dennis A few years ago I worked at Beacon Lighting. Fourteen years ago I sold a red floor lamp to Stephan Dennis, lovely man of few words. Thank you for the detail so far we know that Stephan Dennis from our listeners has got a four territory and a red floor lab and what else? What else? Can we keep this going with tomorrow? Who has sold stuff in shops? Or second and to Stephan Dennis and a.
Speaker 5: Man of few words.
Speaker 2: For some reason I had pictured him walking into beacon lining, pointing at the red floor lamb and not saying anything and nodding.
Speaker 3: I am Stephan Dennis, actor and man a few words, Briann, thank you very much that amazing email. All right, what's happening here? Movie cheap movies, Today's at work time waster, the Girl with a half finished tattoo? Silver Andrew and Barrett, well done. We sold our zoo Pete in Abtsford, always on the money. We sold our zoo gold Who I almost misread that. Oh that would have been a one of those with an instant apology. I thought National Lampoons was something else. National Lampoon Staycation Silver plus Austin Powers, Local Man of Mystery, Civil plus Bronze Finger. That's very good, Snow White and the Seven Garden Gnomes. That's funny. That's all right, Civil plus, it's whip smart super Pete Man in a paper mask. Silver minus the Matrix printer Gold Scott in Baronia, Caddy shed, not going enough money for the shack, but is a shed better than a chakra Bronz The whole shared shack debate. We'll rage on online for years to come. This is a great one down and Dan den on listen, can you one for the outword time waste to welcome Tiger air Force one gold shortshank Recession gold. The Devil wears Kmart gold, used toy story silver plus, Mirror's budget wedding bronze, fistfull of scents, Classic Western bronze, Catch me if you can be bothered.
Speaker 5: Not really cheaper though funny, but not cheaper bronze.
Speaker 3: Thrifty shades of gray silver plus instead of Viva Vendetta, Viva voucher gold, dirt, cheap dancing bronze, top bb gun gold, little Opshop of Horrors gold, crazy poor Asians man alike. That's good, that's very, very silver plus word down. Steve in Oakley, South Dude wears my car silver one dollar baby bronze. Dude, where's my rusty old second hand car bronze? Okay, who was I forgot?
Speaker 5: We were giving the right tickets? I have not been thinking. Now give me a reminder.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's not my job to do your recap. Okay, I'm not instant reach.
Speaker 5: There were a few good ones. They're definitely two them.
Speaker 3: Weishall made us laugh the most Tiger air Force one give it to him sold Dailien. That's the phrase from Winning Someone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: What can I ask Jack? Post is the latest on you getting this spray cand yesterday? After the show? You do another one of your sneaky sneakies keeping what they call his quiet voice, chatting to someone out there because he was offered a free spray cand Hey, they came to me.
Speaker 5: By the way, I didn't go sneaking around the sales.
Speaker 3: He goes sneaking around and he was doing so I won't hear. But I saw the sneakiness and I went over there. This is lovely. We've got people that listen to the show and want to help us out with their all friend Jack and his wife Bianca a free spray tan. So you having it done today?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. I thought Bianca would be excited to learn of the free spray tan. I said, hey, someone heard me talking about on the show yesterday and wants to do it for free. And I heard a pause on the other end of the phone. She goes, no, thank you. The girl I've booked in is like the best in Melbourne I've been This is the first time I've got her number. A friend of a friend wouldn't give it to me, and now she's finally let me into the Enny circle. I've been told I can't pass the number on to anybody else.
Speaker 5: We have to go to this girl.
Speaker 3: And did she say you could have the free tell?
Speaker 2: Well she said, she goes, if you want, if you want the free one by all means, but I'm going to the best of the best.
Speaker 3: This is incredible. A couple couple of things about this. Surely the a of spraying at tag is the art of spraying attack. Here we go, this is what this is what women say stuff like this, And.
Speaker 4: Then they've got to know it's all about angles and shading and well, so.
Speaker 3: This girl Assistine chel.
Speaker 2: This girl it's not even at a shop, it's at her house. She doesn't advertise online.
Speaker 3: Like the A team. If you can find maybe you can.
Speaker 5: Talking about this number.
Speaker 3: I've got the number my wife does. Sometimes it's a thing, isn't it in the system. Once you hand over the number, you don't hand over someone's number who's very good at whatever it is, Like, my wife is very was allowed to have Michelle, the lash lady who does her eyelashes right, her number was given from another member of the sisterhood. But you can't give it out to anyone, and if you do, it looks terrible if you go, if you don't use the number, it's like they pass you the chalice. And if you go, no, thank you. I don't want to drink from the chalice. It's your throwing out the sisters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so should I go, do you think, Pats? Should I go for the free one, yes, and just get the standing spray spray spray? Or should I go to the special girl and get the proper.
Speaker 6: Concentering and client that offered up their services.
Speaker 3: Does a brilliant Sure, it's jim spray turning. It's all about more bottom times, the same sort of thing it does we kill it with it just puts back the yard.
Speaker 5: But free is free, so I'll take it.
Speaker 3: I think you should do the free be right, And I bet it will be extremely good. And I bet we're just as good as your wife's.
Speaker 2: Okay, or and I can stand side by side, and you got a channel you can go. Oh no, the Special Girl is really good.
Speaker 3: The Special the chosen all about the now.
Speaker 5: I want to go, you know what. I want to go to the Special Girl.
Speaker 3: But now you've been illusion that you're going to have a life.
Speaker 7: I don't want no one.
Speaker 3: Dogy advertises on this radio station as well, you I'm taking you down there. You're going to have the free town.
Speaker 5: You do not drag me kicking and screaming into a client.
Speaker 3: I haven't got you booked in an eleven am today for Jim's Tanning. Okay, they are waiting for you the Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell Breakfast Show four point three.
Speaker 3: I have to be honest, it seems like quite a fractured sad ending to the show. I thought you'd be over the running towards a client offering a free spadean but I understand.
Speaker 5: Hey, I don't want clients to get the wrong idea.
Speaker 3: We haven't got time. We haven't got time here for the dirty d that I had to do so you could get something free installed in your house the apron. Let's just call it the apron anyway. Let's move on, Tyler. Today's show is Jim spray Tanning. Thank you for doing that, and we do love what we have installed at our house. There wasn't free, it was a discounted price because because you did a special message for them. They love you, they love the show. All right. We are back tomorrow morning on the show. Last pair of YouTube tickets and hopefully more members of the Timmins family from neighbors. Have a great day, enjoy your spray tanning with the best in the world.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hockey's up next, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three