Speaker 1: On Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 1: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. Today is Friday, and thank goodness for getting to the bottom of some lies our parents told us as kids. I went at my mum. She never liked me in my life, your parents. However, you're with Flex and Frooms. Here we go.
Speaker 2: You're listening to Flex and Rooms on Kaita.
Speaker 1: It's not often we talk about fashion on Flex and Frooms, but we should because we are quite well dressed people. It's been said by many beforehand. But we've come across this trend and look like I don't necessarily think that, Like I'm at the abreast of what trends are pumping and whatever to the point where I'm introducing them into my wardrobe.
Speaker 2: I think you're pretty abreast.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think people dress the way that I dress in the way that I dress, to be honest, but I think I'm a very stylish babe. Who do you know is wearing blazes and a lace scope? So vogues talking about this concept called the wrong shoe theory. It was dubbed by a stylist called Alison Bornstein, and it simply involves picking the most expected you to finish off your look, in her words, giving it more personality. She says that essentially people's outfits and the way they express themselves with their clothes can become quite tired and quite just like formulaic in a way that doesn't really serve them. So basically, she says that when you're getting dressed in the morning, just pick the wrong shoe for the outfit and it'll give the impression that you've put a lot of effort into your outfit. Combinations you can try is wearing flip flops or thongs with a tailored trouser, wearing dad sneakers with a pretty sun dress, wearing heels with bike shorts. Now you're a pioneer of that. Yeah, been doing that one for years as we know now, she says. The trick is, if you're really unsure of where to start when you are putting on your outfit. Right, let's say you're wearing like a two piece blazer, your instinct is go pick up the court shoe or the point toe, put that down and getting at the complete opposite. So what is the opposite of a fancy shoe, a casual, a chunky boot, whatever you want to do. Give that a go. The older I get and the more experiments I get with fashion, the less I want to do differently. I like formulate dressing. I think that a lot of fashion should be utility, once you figured out there's a way to feel good outside of what you wear. Sometimes it's just putting on clothes. It's not Stephanovic codd, it's not literally Carl Stephanovick covid. It's not every day change the world with your outfit. Okay, it is not often that I call out my co host and producer, but a couple of weeks ago in the studio, a few unbecoming things were said to me. I did not decide to escalate it to hate job, because we're not in their good graces at the moment. However, we had a canine in the studio for a good friend. His name's Abel. Don't know what bready is, but he's hot, and so I had a personal connection with Abel above board, of course, to which Room and Mickey said in various ways multiple times for the next I don't know Hour. I don't think you were a dog person. I don't think you hate animals. I don't think you're a dog person, And initially I don't really think much of it, but then it started to dawn on me. I think that's derogatory. You wake up with cree aally like it came to and I said, wait a second. People who aren't animal people I don't think are good people. I feel as though someone who has a natural inclination towards liking animals, we perceive them to be like nice and generous and open and whatever. So if you don't like animals, that's not a good thing.
Speaker 2: That's a fallacy. I have self described as someone who hates dogs.
Speaker 1: Which is so odd considering that you are a chuaa.
Speaker 2: I wasn't meaning it in a derogatory way.
Speaker 1: You never are. And I will say, though I would speak on behalf of the community when I would say, I'm very confused by you personally not liking dogs because you've got a dog in your family, two dogs, two dogs in your family. You also part of your brand is so synerg just with chiuahwas that it's very confusing. It'd be like if you said I didn't like Shrek. You are Shrek, but no.
Speaker 2: I don't like Shrek.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the thing through me lives a lie, and we'll get into her lies at a later day. But I will say I like animals that like me. I like hot animals, pretty animals. And I also realize I'm using the same mentality I use with children on animals, and that's treat them like people treat them well. So I like, I want to be friend and animal. I want to see if there's a vibe. I don't want to just impose myself. That's why I'm really funny about just touching random dogs on the street. We don't know each other, I agree. So when you a dog comes into the studio, let me get to know you, and if there's.
Speaker 2: A vibe, may I pat may I.
Speaker 1: So there's something that Also, I feel like something happened to me over the past five months. My life changed and now I'm an animal whisperer. Animals love me, kids love me. It's odd connecting with them all the time. So yeah, maybe I wasn't an animal person and you clocked that correctly, but now things are changed. Very happy for Youwflex, Thank you.
Speaker 2: I have discovered something rather alarming.
Speaker 1: The other day.
Speaker 2: I was at Universal, It is a club on Oxford Street in Surrey. Hill's darling host. Have you been there? Flex, I have, yes, your honor, fantastic place, lots of drags, performances, Mickey, have you been there? Yes, I have your already thoughts what he thoughts on her.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, not my favorite. Really, I have other clubs of choice that I would prefer, but if you do want a good time, it is up there in the five.
Speaker 2: I will say, I think I was the only place that was opened now when I am on a Sunday, so I made the most of that. Had some fantastic cocktail options. Definitely met some interesting folks. I did meet a guy who was wearing a blazer. He came up to me, He's like, I love your podcast. Like, I don't think you really knew who I was, to be honest, but it was a crazy night. And why the blazer call out because he had this blaze over his shoulder. And I was like, he's like, I just I just got displazer off my client who's gone to jail.
Speaker 1: It's celebrating. Yeah, it's like you said, a win is a win. I said this sort of say.
Speaker 2: I was dancing, getting down and realize, like my instinct is to put my hands above my head. When I dance, go above my head. I went to a festival the other day. Why does nobody dance with their hands above their head?
Speaker 1: I didn't know generational shifts and differences with this real, but we're living through them constantly. Yes, it's so odd that I can easily clock someone who's millennial coded, not just by fine lines and crows feet, but just behavior. As you said, hands in the air, very millennial. Whoo, hand in.
Speaker 2: The air when the crows feed started coming in, Like I swear that happened in a month.
Speaker 1: But it is what it is. I've not got experience with it. But actually I've heard.
Speaker 2: Fru meno through me boo.
Speaker 3: Mummy likes mom.
Speaker 2: You're listening to flex and rooms on kit. Last week I did something very very brave, ladies and gentlemen everyone else. I came out and outed myself as someone with gut et soriasis. Crisis is a skin condition that's maybe ten percent of people get. I don't even know I'm pulling that out of my ass, but I got soriasis allegedly from getting strep throat. I don't remember having strip throat.
Speaker 1: But we do recall that week where Frumy was obnoxiously sick in sh we have to wear masks.
Speaker 2: No videos came that.
Speaker 1: We also needed time off. You were unwell and we couldn't get time off, So that's what I had to come in. You were really unwell. You're just forgotten.
Speaker 2: Yes, pain has no memory. I went on this like what's it called on? This kind of someone will know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's like a pantheron.
Speaker 2: Not that it was still medical grade, but some sort of like cream thing that I'd put on every night, steroid cream. Stereoid cream didn't work.
Speaker 1: Oh, so I went back to the doctor. Modern medicine fails us.
Speaker 2: And this is just essentially a pe safe for anyone who has crisis.
Speaker 1: Gut eight cirisis Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it would work for other crisis, but someone messaged me saying, hey, through me, love your potty. It sucks regarding crisis. Also, when I went to the doctor, she's like, oh my god, I'm so sorry. I was like, is it big of it? Is that big of a deal, Like I don't even care about to get worse? Yeah, She's like looking like it was some sort of death senter. Oh so that's simply a skin condition. Miss said, I'm bind into red light therapy at the moment for my skin and joint issues. And there's research and helps crisis. Your man Hubanman has an episode on the benefits of red light therapy. The evidence is compelling worth a google ps. Red light will also help us be twenty three forever. Unfortunately I am twenty four already. That's all I want. But I said to her, I found this stuff the doctor gave me. It's actually a foam that you like spray on your body. And it's a foam. This has Look at my crisis now, guys.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's not even there, barely there, barely there.
Speaker 2: I can't tell you what I've used, but it is something. Go to the doctor say I've got the crisis and not going away. The steroid cream isn't working, see what they say, and your soris might also go away. Yay.
Speaker 1: But also there's pride in crisis.
Speaker 2: We have our darling Mickey in the studio. She's our producer, Mikayla.
Speaker 1: We love her.
Speaker 2: Say Hi, Mickey, Hi, what's one thing you love about Mikayla flex.
Speaker 1: Guys, I would say she has the best disposition, like she's so genuinely like warm to be around. The way she listens, I think is always with enthusiasm. She's always happy to share. I love love love. From a professional standpoint, that she maintains this air of excitement but also helps us get the job done to the best of our ability, which is a fine line to cross. It well, oh yes, direct quote what do you love?
Speaker 2: Especially godd when you get to the end of anything, I'm gonna get out here.
Speaker 1: Hearing us talk way to Nicky's a joy.
Speaker 2: I like everything about Mickey. Mickey, you said that you found out that your parents lied to you the other day. Please give us the tea.
Speaker 3: What happened was I saw this article and it was just like things that parents lie about, and I was like, that's funny. And then I remembered a story that my friend told me, and she said, so, let's call him Jimmy. She has his friend called Jimmy and Jimmy his whole life ever since he was like fourteen. His parents said, you're allergic to alcohol, Jimmy, like you can't, like you don't touch it, We're all allergic to alcohol, Like don't don't go there, don't go there. And obviously he goes through puberty he's living his life, and then you know, maybe like at nineteen eighteen, he started thinking, why are we all?
Speaker 1: What happened to alcohol?
Speaker 3: So one day Jimmy tries it and realize that it was all alive.
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with that, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, how often have our parents lied to us? I mean, what about don't speak? Man in the red suit?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh, you know? Yeah, this is definitely when the man upstairs, I said, what are you talking about? What's talking about? I will say I remember in twenty twenty, when people realized racism was real, there was this Reddit threat about this family saying that they've been using Harry Potter as a way to teach their kids about racism by talking about muggles and witches and pure breads and whatever. And so basically instead of just telling the kid about the real world, they use exclusively Harry Potter speak, and so the kid doesn't really understand that they have an understanding of racism. They just know it just kind of like made them really interested in Harry Potter for a strange reason. So they're kind of saying, like, what is the appropriate way to be Like, no, this is not doesn't just happen in Harry Potter World. This happens in the real world everywhere without kind of ruining their understanding of their new favorite show. And everyone's like, this is so twenty twenty. Just tell the kid, Just tell the kid. And then it turned into this greater issue of like parents, especially using like euphemisms instead of being honest with their children, because when do you stop, like, when do you get the fantasy and just be like, hey, actually it was me. I'm the tooth fairy.
Speaker 2: I say never. I think my parents feel lie to me.
Speaker 3: My mum only calls farts fluffies. Oh and so when everyone was being like, that's a fart, I was like, no, that's a fluffy.
Speaker 2: And it still is still fluffy, A fluffy kind of girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah for real, she ate with that one. Yeah. You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 3: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.