Speaker 1: Are you ready pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura burn.
Speaker 2: Brady or what our windows that my world risen the dust? Only good bab duggle down. I don't much, but yeah, an our big get and what I want It don't matter where rag.
Speaker 1: This is the pickup, Hi, guys, so back, it's the pickup with Brett Hockley and Laura. Burning your dance moves is something that should be criminal.
Speaker 2: I've been in that trend, you know, that interpretive dance trend that you got to do.
Speaker 3: I thought I had to interpretive dance my way into the show.
Speaker 2: Today you could stop. I don't know. Trend should be.
Speaker 1: Short lived, and this one I think immediately stopped.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I've also been reading a lot into like energy is transferred like the es. So I was trying to bring that energy, so it transferred in and then we all.
Speaker 2: Felt that energy. Everybody.
Speaker 1: Well, look, it has been a very big weekend this weekend, and that's because Matt, my husband, he entered the I'm a Celebrity Jungle last night.
Speaker 3: It was so cool to watch him, especially from perspective because now that I've lived it, I went into the jungle last year, I can see what he's doing, where he is, I know what everything like, what's coming. It's really weird to relive it through someone I also know well.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know the other side of it, and you know all the editing techniques and the tricks and everything else. But we had a big viewing party at our house last night, Like everyone came over and things did not go down in the way that I thought it would, in particular.
Speaker 2: With our girls. But we're going to be talking about it next on the show.
Speaker 3: We're also going to be talking about the tumultuous twenty four hours that TikTok has had.
Speaker 1: Mate TikTok came back faster than your ex boyfriend one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Is like the slowest, longest, most complicated breakup. If it was Facebook, its status would be as complicated.
Speaker 2: We're being gas lip.
Speaker 1: We had some thoughts and feelings on this also, but it is time for our kick me up song.
Speaker 3: This is the song we play to get you in the mood. It's Monday. It is going to be an absolute banger. Evacuate the Dance for by Caskata or Cascado.
Speaker 1: I'm not actually sure does anyone know by Caskater produce a great just said, well, it depends on whether you say cicata or cicada, and I still stand by the fact that no one calls it.
Speaker 2: A cicada cicata.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe I enjoy it's the pickup.
Speaker 1: Now you guys might be aware that I'm a celeb has started.
Speaker 2: It's on Channel ten. Last year, Britt, you were in.
Speaker 3: The Jungles sacrificial lamb eating pigs, titties, literally, chicken intestine, stink bugs, stink cake, you name it.
Speaker 2: I ate it and I projectile vomited it. Back up, did you actually vomit? It was the stink bug.
Speaker 3: Mentally, I was eating this that physically my body wouldn't keep it. And I was like, I'm strong enough mentally to do it. Why can't I keep it down? And they were like, well, it's impossible.
Speaker 2: They were like stink bugs.
Speaker 3: Defense mechanism is that if something tries to eat it, it smells and tastes so bad that animal will vomit it up so it has a chance of surviving.
Speaker 2: And so I'm the animal. So I was trying to consume it and I was making you puke.
Speaker 3: You physically you could have said, I will give you a million dollars to keep that down and you can't. You like it's involve Terry.
Speaker 1: Don't say that you don't learn anything here at the pickup.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that fun stink bug facts great facts.
Speaker 1: Well, another fact is is that this year is also a big I'm a celeb and that's because my husband is in the jungle. So Maddie j entered the jungle last night and we had a viewing party at our house. Like everyone from radio was there, some of his friends were there, and we're like quite a good little crew together. Yeah, we got some pizzas, the kids got to stay up, and they were so excited to see Daddy.
Speaker 2: On the TV. It didn't quite go to plant.
Speaker 1: I was an absolute shocking disaster, which I should have known, so I hadn't really thought about it. I thought that they would be excited to see Dad, and I knew that there might be a couple of scary bits, but I completely underestimated just how scary they would find I'm a celebrity, which I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Is g rated. But they were.
Speaker 1: Horrified and petrified, and to the point where it had only just started and it showed like some of the kind of snippets of what's coming up and some of the challenges that they had to do.
Speaker 3: And like spiders, snakes and dropping and screaming and.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, and like there's suspenseful music playing, like it really builds that kind of drama around.
Speaker 2: It, basically like a thriller.
Speaker 1: Well, Marley, who's five years old, was hysterical, Yeah, hysterical, and she kept saying, I.
Speaker 2: Just don't want daddy to be scared. And I'm laughing now. I'm not laughing at Marley.
Speaker 3: I'm laughing at the fact that Lola, the three year old, she was like, could not care if dad's jumping off a cliff if you eating by lyon.
Speaker 1: She's like, maybe Dad'll get eaten, he'll never come home. That it's just you and me forever, Mummy.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be nice? I mean, I tried.
Speaker 3: I pulled Marley aside and I went all the way back through my Instagram to find like a fun video from my experience to show her that, you know, you can laugh and stuff. And it was just one where I got slimed in the face, and so I was showing her.
Speaker 2: I was like, look, how funny it is. Everyone's laughing and you just get slim like it's so funny. And she looked at it and started crying it because she's like the slime on him. And I was like, oh my god, this is a disaster.
Speaker 1: So what I've realized with with Mally though, is that you can't explain away, like you can't try and rationalize it. One thing that did change it a little bit for us was that Ash Wicks, who is Matt's podcast partner on two Dotting Dads, had created a drinking game. So, I mean, I don't recommend giving your child a drinking game, but it was kind of like Daddy Bingo.
Speaker 3: They had baby chinos, don't worry before anyone calls anyone.
Speaker 1: It was Daddy Bingo. So they were all different things on it. It was like anytime Dad makes a bad joke, you put a you know, you put a star on it, or anytime Dad farts on TV, you put a star on it. And she was particularly entertained by the fart part.
Speaker 2: Well, I actually caught this on camera. Have listened to her completely outing her dad, what is what is this?
Speaker 3: You mean?
Speaker 2: Well, there's a dad bingo and when when he does the bad things, he needed to put a sticker on, So I reckon he's going to do that. A lot perps probably do that. Does in real lix?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Does dad fart much?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: And he already did a bad joke, all right, put a star on.
Speaker 1: To be fair, though, if Matt's gonna be for anything, he will be known as the man who farts in the jungle.
Speaker 2: I know he's a farer at home, he's a farer everywhere. But do you yeah?
Speaker 3: But it's different to say like he's comfortable fighting to his comfortable fighting on national television. Do you really think he's going to take that stench to national TV?
Speaker 2: Where does everyone do it?
Speaker 1: Though you're stuck in a you're stuck in a care you've got nowhere to go.
Speaker 2: Where do you far? You still do it?
Speaker 3: But you can take your mic off, you don't have to hold your mic down to your butt, or you can go to the like you take your.
Speaker 2: Mic off to go to the bathroom. I'm not convinced it's Matt's.
Speaker 3: Best career move to be known as the farer like. I don't think that's the tagline he wants attached to him.
Speaker 1: On the show when he left, he said, I don't care if I Fart or National TV, so he may be known as that, and I have no control over what he does in there.
Speaker 2: If he could be the fighter, the jungle Fighter, where did you go?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Do you still do it?
Speaker 3: But mine are really cute, so mina like dainty Farts, whereas I feel like Matt to let rip.
Speaker 1: We'll soon find out and tune in tonight everyone, Okay, Well, after the break, we're talking TikTok.
Speaker 3: Now, in the last twenty four hours, they've come, they've gone, They've come, they've gone, They've been banned, they've reinstated, but it looks like there could be a longer lasting backlash for a bunch of influencers off the back of this band. We're gonna be talking about it after the break. The world is talking about TikTok. The world's been talking about TikTok for years, but the last twenty four hours, twenty four to forty eight hours has been absolutely wild and I feel like I'm enjoying it, like from the back seat with my legs up because I'm not on TikTok, even though I'm in Australia. I hate to say it because I know it can be valuable and there are really good things to come from it, but I just see so much bullying, Like I see so much trolling on TikTok, and for me, I'm like, I don't want to put myself in that world where.
Speaker 2: People just come for me, because they'll come, they will come with their pitchforks. But what I want to talk about is the fact that for the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: As it's been in this impending cloud hanging over all TikTok is in America, that TikTok was going to be canned in the States because.
Speaker 1: Trying to which the great TikTok ban in twenty twenty five. Hey, well it.
Speaker 2: Came into fruition.
Speaker 3: No one actually thought it was going to happen. But yes, that was great. I produce a Grace, sorry that you tit off the mine.
Speaker 2: I just want to be heard, She goes. If I can't use my voice, I'll use my breast. What I was going to say before I was interrupted by Grace's boobs.
Speaker 3: With this, with this impending band in America, all these big TikTokers with like millions of followers, have felt like it's their death right. So they've started to release this secret it's this trend or it's like, if I'm going to be canned off TikTok, I'm going to say one thing that I've been lying to about.
Speaker 2: It's like confessing their sins, and they did it right. They all purged.
Speaker 3: And these are like people that are known for fitness influencing that are like, hey, psych never actually did my workout.
Speaker 2: They're people that had.
Speaker 3: Been makeup influencers that say they don't actually use the product, or just like some are really funny little white lies, but essentially they're admitting to pulling the wool over their eyes to their community.
Speaker 2: And I know you've got a big one. Laura, like the tripod girl. I think she's known now, Oh, like this is niche.
Speaker 1: I don't think anyone would necessarily know who she is, but I came across one that I was having a giggle about today.
Speaker 2: Her name's Ashley Matheson.
Speaker 1: She's got six point five million followers, and she did this one piece of content that went completely Gamebuster's viral got two hundred and five point eight million views and has had like countless countless comments. And it is a video of her She's jumped over a tripod stick and the tripod stick has gone straight up a clacker and it's impaled it and she's like laughing, but obviously it's very clumsy, and it is quite funny. She came out and said, Okay, I have this thing I need to get off my chest.
Speaker 2: It's fake.
Speaker 1: She staged the whole thing, which I kind of think, firstly, should we be outraged that people on TikTok, that creators have been lying to us to create viral tiktoks, or should we just expect that influencers and creators aren't telling us the whole truth because it's their business to try and gain engagement.
Speaker 2: I think we should be expecting it.
Speaker 3: I think we need to be really media literate with things like these viral reels.
Speaker 2: But where I think it gets pretty.
Speaker 3: Hectic, Like I had a laugh at a lot of them. I'm like, funny, funny, funny, lighthearted whatever.
Speaker 2: But there was another girl that's.
Speaker 3: Known as like the Queen of Confidence, millions of followers, very body positive, and her dying TikTok secret purge was that she actually uses that weight loss drug a zenpic.
Speaker 2: Which that's where I.
Speaker 3: Think it's really shitty, because you've created a community of people who follow you for inspiration believe what you say one hundred percent would be doing what you do to achieve that confidence and the look and whatever else. And then to be like, I have secretly been on a weight loss drug that you can probably.
Speaker 2: Never get or use.
Speaker 1: But don't you think that this is just an eye opener to the fact that, like a lot of people have these parasocial relationships with individuals on social media. We think we know them, and we also kind of think that we're entitled to know more about their lives. But I think that this is just almost like a lifting of the curtain and peeking behind the scenes and going, oh, okay, we don't actually know them, We only know the highlight reel, Like this is stuff that we've talked about for so long that I kind of, on one hand, I understand the outrage, But on the other hand, I'm like, did you expect anything more?
Speaker 2: I guess it comes down to, like, where's the responsibility. Is it on the consumer to be more.
Speaker 3: In touch with what to believe in what's going on and question more or is it up to the influencer, who you know should be influencing the right things. But where this gets even better is and my favorite part about it.
Speaker 2: Is that they purged all their sins.
Speaker 3: They were getting so much backlash and hate from their followers, being like, can't beleive you lied to me, and.
Speaker 2: They're like, it doesn't matter. We're all going down in a burning glory. It doesn't matter. Done baby.
Speaker 3: Spoiler psych one eighty TikTok came back after fourteen hours, was like, sorry.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 3: So now they're back in all these people, all these people have lied and admitted their lives and now they're like, loll jokes.
Speaker 2: Sorry, didn't mean that. That was also just content.
Speaker 1: If you had to admit something that you have lied about on social media, what would it be.
Speaker 3: When I was in the jungle last year, I'm a celebrity, Get me out of here. I up until the last day was still using sugar sashets that I had that I had taken in.
Speaker 2: How did you get them? In Andy's?
Speaker 1: I think Matt tried to sneak in protein bars, but I mean they're quite big. I don't know where he was going to put them. He couldn't fit them up his butt as well.
Speaker 3: I had protein bars strapped to my arms like buzz light Year. And then just as I was going into the jungle, one of the producers gave me a cuddle to say good luck, and she put her arms on me and I was like, she was like, what's in your safe?
Speaker 2: Yea touch me.
Speaker 3: But up until the end, I had I had four sugar sachets and I rationed a couple of grains of sugar a day on my porridge, Like I'm talking three grains and I lasted the month.
Speaker 2: That's my secret. Wow.
Speaker 1: We have a brand new segment for twenty twenty five that is something we've taken from Life on card app podcast and it's called Vibes and Unsubscribes. But it's where we tell you the things that we're vibing either in the news, could be product related, could be live related, and we tell you the things that we want to unsubscribe from now. I was watching the project the other night and they did an exclusive interview with a man who was a specialist in spiders, so a specialist in insects and.
Speaker 2: Who grows up thinking like I know what I want to do.
Speaker 3: I want to only ever work with big, ugly, scary, venomous, poisonous spiders.
Speaker 2: It's one of those.
Speaker 1: Jobs that you think a kid is going to grow out of. Right, Like my brother wanted to be a mortician once upon a time and I was like, fingers crossed, he grows out of that one.
Speaker 2: I'd be concerned if my small child that was what they wanted to do.
Speaker 1: Well, Like, there are questions to be asked. There were some alarm bells ringing. Okay, but this guy, his name is Kane Christensen. Right, he discovered a brand new type of spider. So for anyone who has a bit of a spider fear out there, there is now a brand new type of spider that's been discovered and it is being named big Boy because it is a type of funnel web spider that is almost twice the size of a normal funnel web spider.
Speaker 2: Oh wait for it, it's also twice as venomous. How are these spiders genuine? Question?
Speaker 3: How are we just discovering them now? And how are they mutating to like funnel webs on steroids?
Speaker 1: What I want to know is like, why are we not finding new things like a new species of koala?
Speaker 2: But like butterfly? Cute? Yeah.
Speaker 1: The reason why I was quite disturbed by this is because this man who also named it. He was so joyful in this discovery. He was so full of just positivity and happiness that he discovered a new funnel web spider. And I cannot understand it deeply from within every fiber of my body.
Speaker 2: I'm yuck, horrible. Unsubscribe. I'm agreeing with that. I'll also unsubscribe.
Speaker 3: I can't get my fiance to move to Australia because of the spiders here.
Speaker 2: So don't let him see that. There's a new one on steroids apparently. What is is it? Rosemary oil? Beans? Looked it up?
Speaker 3: Lavender's lavender? You spray it or he's sent me lavender before. He's like, he will not come to Australia unless I have lavendered every entry into my house.
Speaker 1: So lavender oil apparently keeps spiders away. Yep, good hot tip. Okay, I have a vibe.
Speaker 3: You've got your unsubscribed My vibe this week a little bit left field.
Speaker 2: It's an ash you're not. Her name is Kelly Girardi.
Speaker 3: Now. The reason she's my vibe is I stumbled across her on Instagram and I was like, wow, a, I'm relating to you, not because she's an astronaut, but because she's going through a fertility journey. But she's an absolute powerhouse. Firstly, she doesn't look like what you think an astronaut would look like. She's got like piercings in her face, really edgy, really cool. But she's really openly going through this fertility journey where she faces fertility issues anyway, so like most women, but she has this extra layer of she's doing her last round of IVF, and so.
Speaker 2: Many people are going on this journey with her.
Speaker 3: But the reason it's so much more powerful for her, or so much more impactful, is that she's had to count the months to work out that this is going to be the last time she can ever try.
Speaker 2: Because she's going to space for years.
Speaker 3: So she has to know. She knows that she has to have the baby now. If she falls pregnant, it has to be now. So she's got the nine months so that she can birth it then get ready to go to space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why would you have a baby if you go to space?
Speaker 3: She live there forever. She's got a seven year old already called Delta. Sorry sorry anyway, So the best part is she's leading an all the first ever all female teams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very cool. I have seen this.
Speaker 3: It's just so cool, and I'm really into it. I'm just like, yes, girl, like I'm.
Speaker 2: Rooting for her. She's really open with the journey.
Speaker 3: So just this week she'll be talking about if her only embryo transfer works.
Speaker 2: So she's waiting now. But hear me out.
Speaker 1: If she does have an embryo that transfers and she does have a baby, how long is she then in out of space for nine months after having a baby.
Speaker 3: I don't know how long she's going to space for, but I don't know her, know her that well, and I don't know NASA's schedule, so I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: There's something inherently funny about talking about people going to space. It just seems so it's so ridiculous. It's okay, GoF goal, It's Kelly Girardi.
Speaker 2: She's a boss. If you want to find her on Instagram, go look her up. And yeah, I just I was really into it this week, and I was like, let's support some women this week. Wow, amazing, thank you, how out of this world of view? That was terrible.
Speaker 3: You had like four minutes then to think of a space plant and that was it.
Speaker 2: That's all I had, but also guys coming up this week.