Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, it's the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Have you well Wednesday morning? It's Gold one oh four point three. Are you well the sworning Pats?
Speaker 3: I am, it's a bit hump data. I'm a little bit a little bit tired today.
Speaker 2: Oh what's up? What you did last night?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Nothing, no.
Speaker 3: Bridge bridge at the ladies. Huh yeah, no, no, But it's I'm great. I'm here and it's a great day.
Speaker 2: Women do that, don't they? You're a word away from going it's fine. I'm going to raise a red flag right now to do with Pats because I think that were Are they going to get a wild ride? It's always a wild ride every day. The parent might escape the cage. Today. Hey, the great news is the toxic fumes are out of the studio. Yesterday We're almost it was actually and the show early at Jack's assistance again because they were those paint fumes coming being literally sucked in via the air conditioning into this studio. What then we talked about yesterday and we were running out of time, and I'll be keen to try and get some calls on this this morning. It's about the posters that you used to have on your bedroom wall. So I was saying yesterday. The reason why we started talking about this was we played by Linda Carlile and I had a big poster of Belinda Carlile. A teenage crush for me. She got me through my teenage years, was Blinda Carlile. I also had the Boxer's Sugar at Enid and Mike Tyson. It's a big boxing fan. And the classic one of mal In Monroe. Do you know malon In Monroe is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I know the she's holding down her dress above a New York subway that's blowing air up.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't that one. It was her lying on a bed of roses. Still remember now that poster. And then just another random poster. A lot of boys used to do this back in the eighties. You went around then, Jack, But yeah, a post of just a very expensive sports car, just a Lamborghini. I was never going to get to home and put that out there as a kid. I don't know why. It wasn't really into cars with that, but just it was like my mates all had them get like a really like a testa rosso or a Ferrari or a Lambo. And so that's why I had that. And then you on your walls hats.
Speaker 5: I had mostly skateboarders and punk rock bands. So Tony Hawk at green Day the Living End the only girl I put on my warm and I was I was nervous to put posters of girls up on the wall and to see what my parents thought. The only thing I had on my were the anti women or something. No, I just didn't want them to know that. I thought, sexually, why.
Speaker 2: What kind of sex were you raised by the only girl I had impure thoughts?
Speaker 3: They don't have said you to a boy's home or something like that.
Speaker 5: The only girl I had in my room I had a shelf above my bed, and I had a little cutout of Kylie Minogue from a magazine would have only been the size of a playing place, And I was sad.
Speaker 2: I'd find that even creep because I'm easy to reach pull down when the lights are out. Goodness knows what you're up to with that figurine under the under the blankets and the lights are out a cutout of Kylie.
Speaker 5: And I would I stuck her up underneath the shelf so that if you were walking into the room you couldn't see that.
Speaker 2: She has tag Cereal killer behavior. Oh my word, this is this has really got into Creepsville now, oh yeah, apart from that cutout of Kylie, I hadn't an easy to shelf like auld grab and bring down as she is astonishing scenes and send him home now with him and Pats? How am I going to do a show today? Then? What were the posters you had on your bedroom wore when you were a teenager? Called the show this morning? We love taking your calls.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Morning Ian, Chris, I'm pretty good this morning. Hum day Wednesday, I'm pretty good Ian. Are you well this morning?
Speaker 4: Yeah? My quietest day of the week.
Speaker 2: All right, what do you do? Ian?
Speaker 1: Remember?
Speaker 2: Of course it's in a gomba man And where about? So your rounds? Are you today? Buddy?
Speaker 5: I'm in Melfington again at the.
Speaker 2: Moment, right? Okay? All right? And what did you have on your bedroom wall?
Speaker 6: I had Nelison Durban, the pop singer.
Speaker 2: Now was this I think she was from Key We from New Zealand to remembers the song I Have Loved Me a Man.
Speaker 6: I can't remember too long ago.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, I since remember that Anderson Durban had a title which I remember when I first heard it didn't sound like the phrasing was right. I Have Loved Me a Man.
Speaker 5: You're right, though, She's I'm just googling her. New Zealand born pop singer Yeah. In the Australia in the nineteen sixties and seventies, she was the queen of pop YEP.
Speaker 4: I had al McPherson as the athlete coler girl YEP and Samantha Fox the English pinup girl.
Speaker 2: Samantha Fox was was a big pinup girl. I actually had a pillowcase with her on it. Oh that is creepy. I regret that. But hey, listen, I was thirteen, Okay, don't judge. Don't judge me. I didn't have an easy to reach cutout of Kylie Mino to play with at night.
Speaker 5: Okay, you just nustle your head straight into her face.
Speaker 2: Well it wasn't her face. Have a look online. You'll see.
Speaker 3: How often did that thing get washed? Christy?
Speaker 2: Listen everyone, what I don't start the show. There's ganging up on the New Boy. Okay, me and Sam Fox were happening. That Benjamin was between me and Sam and that pillow case. I that's the Corner Show. I was going to hear from you, Sharon.
Speaker 7: OHI Christian Hell are you very good?
Speaker 2: Sharon? I hope you're well this morning thanks to Corner Show.
Speaker 7: I am on at work at the moment, so you so I'm very well?
Speaker 2: Right? And Sharon, what was the posters that you had any bedroom? Oh?
Speaker 7: Look, I was a huge fan of Culture Club, so my Willy was covered in Culture Club posters and also John Stemosieta when he was young and hot back in the day.
Speaker 2: Yes, still it's still good now because they brought back on Netflix full of house. He still looks really good looking.
Speaker 7: Oh but not Block did back in the day. But yeah, but I was a huge pair of Culture Club, So definitely Culture Club.
Speaker 2: Did your did you hear? I won't name names, but someone leapt in them when I went he still had a good looking now someone left to him with a big yeah. Well yeah anyway, maybe.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I mean that's you know, that's to be that's to be debated on that one, but yeah, you know, never mind.
Speaker 2: But also Culture club. Then you a big fan of Boy George.
Speaker 7: Huge fans, huge fan of Boy George, and I'm still learned to this day.
Speaker 2: Excellent. All right, Sharon, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Thanks for you, Christian, Bye bye, all right, Christian O'Connell, breakfast, Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Terry's texted in She's already at work listening to the show. Thanks Terry. I had a post of Evan Bacon on my wall, full length poster of him with his hand on his hip. I would guess this would be maybe circa footloose, but Terry correct me if I'm wrong. It was on the wall at the end of my bed. One night there was a noise in my room and looked up to see a man standing at the end of my bed and bending over towards me. Screamed like a banshee. My dad came running in, turn the light on. It was the poster coming off the wall. The blue Attack had come loose in the hot weather. That's something, Terry. That's great. All right, Let's go to Jackie. Good morning, Jackie, Good morning, good morning, Good morning, Jackie. Welcome to the show. And Jackie, what was the poster you had on your bedroom wall.
Speaker 8: I had fort one of Duran Duran, which was my favorite. But I also had a poster of the British Minder, So Terry mccainn and Arthur Daily great.
Speaker 2: Do you know what? I never thought I'd come ten thousand miles and anyone would ever speak to me on the radio here about one of my favorite TV shows I grew up with Mind? Did that? Did that make its way out here? How did you end up seeing that it.
Speaker 8: Was on the ABC? Hearing?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 8: I also have I must consist two albums of Dennis Waterman on vinyl.
Speaker 2: Now Dennis Watterman, UK actor who was a star. He was a minder back in the eighties. Without this TV show there would have been another TV show some of you might have heard of, a big one in written only Fools and Horses, but this one was on a rival channel. His Mind. It was brilliant and he was a minder. What does that?
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I guess the bodyguard, but not like you know, not a bodyguard to get now to a big a lister. He was a bodyguard to a guy who sold cars. But the incredible thing about this is a comedy drama it's really honestly, it was really really good.
Speaker 3: You know, minder Pat, Yeah, I remember, I remember his bad haircut. Now, I remember the theme song he sung.
Speaker 2: You think about this TV show and they should bring this back. Dennis Waterman the star of it. He was the mind, He was the cool one. All the women fancied him. He sung the theme tune to him. When does that have happened? In the TV show? It got to number one? It was called I Could Be So Good for You? An amazing song?
Speaker 5: Is that what Nick's trying to get in the background over there?
Speaker 2: It's an amazing song, isn't it? Wasn't it, Jackie, wasn't a great song? I Could be So Good for You?
Speaker 8: Fantastic? It was on one of his albums.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now, many years ago, me and another presenter for a radio station that we worked for. Right, we were in a pub around the corner from work. Nick, we don't need to hear it in the background. We were in the pub around the corner from our old radio station, and he came in. Dennis Waterman. Wow, so Jeff, this guy I was with, He said, I'll go back and get a burn a copy of the song on a CD. We've got CD player in the pub. We stick it on. One is in here. We love that, so it quickly legs it back to radio station. It's just around the corner. Comes back in. We tell the barber said, Dennis Wartman's over there, minder stick this on here, love it. We stick it on and Dennis Waterman he no like he he literally shouts out who the the whole pub. It was like it was about midday. He was just going in for a quiet drink, looks around at us and he told us off, and he walked out the pub and everyone looked around at us, like your thanks for ruining that. It's a horrible moment. So thanks for bringing that back. Jackie. All right, Jackie, thanks you.
Speaker 1: Called the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Can't remember who it was? Was it Sharon? Was it Sharon? Don't you say Sharon? Was it Sharon?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We need someone making notes, you know, like a stenographer like coud Get in a court room, was talking about the the old British TV show.
Speaker 5: I do remember, as Jackie now, because when you said Jackie yelled it out, you suddenly you suddenly remembered it in hindsight. I do remember that Jackie.
Speaker 2: Dennis Waterman old bullish TV show of the ages called Mind, a good TV show. Dennis Wartman, the star of it, sung the TV thing tune as well to his own TV show I Love that. Let's you do more shows like that? And some of you might remember. In Little Britain as well, there was a regular ongoing gag about Dennis Wattersman writing and performing his own features tunes. Nothing like that, Yes, that rang a bell from me?
Speaker 3: Got an ally.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll run sing the same tune of this show if you want, you just have.
Speaker 2: To ask, Oh there's an author, right, okay, because I've had an idea. You know, like all the AFL teams we're hearing pictures from every day, and they've got these amazing songs.
Speaker 5: Oh team song.
Speaker 2: Oh theyre soccer teams back and don't have this. I'll have a song they run out to. But it's just something they you know, it's just an existing song. I think this show needs in the nineteen fifty stars with the banjos and all that that you get on she the blamers VI up. I want you to make it so it sounds exactly like an AFL song for this show.
Speaker 5: And when do I mean an AFL cluble sing when they've won the game? When do we sing the song?
Speaker 2: Because we win every day just by being alive and doing this job.
Speaker 5: So at ten am every day, when we know, we start the show with it.
Speaker 2: See here the show come. I don't know why I'm doing it in that guttural voice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can I choose my man singer?
Speaker 2: Push? You can? Yeah? Yeah, I do it because you're gonna do it. That's what you pay to do that. It's an option. By the word was It wasn't a question, it was your director, give me Rachel, Rachel, what the post is? Good morning? Sorry, Rachel's chaos here as always, Rachel. What was the poster you had on your bedroom wall below?
Speaker 9: It was the eighties teenager and Outside as the Big as the time the movie Rob Low, Ralph Mattio and Kids Boy was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so was it Rob Low? Was it Young Blood or we talk it Outsiders?
Speaker 9: Outsiders? Definitely.
Speaker 2: Roblow's one of those guys who is still very good looking. Now. I don't know what his moisturizing routine, but he Yeah. I walked past him once in the streets, and I looked at him and nodded at him, you know when you see someone famous. And then as they walked past him, he stared at me, and he stared through me. I thought, why I don't just because I've known him in my life for a long time, he doesn't know me. I'm not too like and he just stared at me, like, no, who the hell are you?
Speaker 3: Strange man talking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Rachel, if you cal have a good day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time for Jack's early morning game.
Speaker 10: Let's play the jingle, I'm waking up early and now I'm going to try to call up the radio and win me a prize in the early mon in game.
Speaker 2: All Right. The big question as we go into show number eight when he Breakfast Show here and Melbourne and Gold one of four point three is can Jack set this up in under ten minutes?
Speaker 5: It's this simple? In nineteen ninety eight, which movie starred Cameron Diaz and Ben Stiller.
Speaker 2: Christian, there's something about Mary. He is correct.
Speaker 5: Oh damn, just a second, he is correct. Nope, with my laptop, he is correct. Yeah, I changed the applause.
Speaker 2: I didn't just let you know. This is Jack's only feature on the show, and I let him plug his own laptop in that he runs the So it's it's like, you know, it's cute an what he does with it. I love it.
Speaker 3: Really, he hasn't got his laptop license yet.
Speaker 2: No, he hasn't.
Speaker 5: One day you'll let me use it after seven o'clock, but for now never, it's just in the six am hour movie Buffs, please call up. You can play to win ice skating tickets.
Speaker 2: See the concept. You can win the concept of ice skating. We'll give you some ice, you provide the skates, you win the prize.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Shoe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Show number eight with Jack's Early Morning Quiz. Yeah, for the first time ever with this it was a tight, slick setup.
Speaker 5: Okay, you ready, we're playing Star Cards this morning, inspired by the Margaret and David at the Movies board game.
Speaker 2: Slash ripped off by and just lazily read out their work. Well you just read out.
Speaker 5: I guess it's not inspired by it is that game.
Speaker 2: Now played on the radio for Jack's eony Morning.
Speaker 5: I'll give you three years, that you will give me three years.
Speaker 2: Oh for the corner.
Speaker 5: My wife pointed this out. If I read out three years and you pick one, that's just as fast as them picking one.
Speaker 2: She's smarter than you, Simon. Good morning, good morning. I didn't understand any of that. Well, that's jack okay. So the years that I will picked for Simon.
Speaker 5: Simon, it's simply, I'll give you a year. Two actors. You tell me which movie they start in in that year. The years are nineteen fifty six, nineteen ninety two, fifty six, ninety five, fifty six for Simon here, Oh okay, yeah, what are you saying of your favorite fifty six movie? Simon? Do you know many?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Good luck? In nineteen fifty six, which movie starred Jule Brenner and Deborah Kerr.
Speaker 2: Wayne's World Seven Brights for seven Brothers.
Speaker 5: The King and Eyes, Oh King and I.
Speaker 2: Our musical loving producer there, you did actually know that one, Simon. I'll send your prize anyway for a good wrong answer, Sam, morning, Sam? Did you know that one? The King? And I?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: But I wasn't even born then?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, when he's doubt, guess Wayne's World. That's what I always say. What it is for Sam Jack nineteen ninety, nineteen ninety three, nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to I'm feeling ninety three for Sam.
Speaker 5: Here out that's the hardest one, Sam in nineteen ninety three, which movie starred Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman. I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: That doesn't seen about eight movies, so.
Speaker 5: Clue, I'd probably never even heard of it.
Speaker 8: Oh what does that? Man?
Speaker 5: Sadly? No, if the film is My Life, does that ring a bell?
Speaker 6: No, it really doesn't.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Sam, let's get a damium.
Speaker 8: Hello, how are we going?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 2: Demian, welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Do you know how to play demo?
Speaker 2: I do? I've seen that movie before.
Speaker 5: You've seen My Life? Okay, well your years are eighty eight, seventy eight, two thousand and three, two thousand and three into thousand and three? Which movie start? Uma Thurman and Lucy Lou Easy, It's it's pretty easy.
Speaker 2: Day, Damien. It's a classic Tarantino movie.
Speaker 4: In there.
Speaker 5: Demo, Quick, you've got me bill Bell, He'll bill volume one? Can we go one more?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Came up?
Speaker 2: Yes we can more. Yeah, We'll go one more tough lot demo, Okay, thank you? Can you tell me this? When do you short the names to put the O one? Do you only do that to guys in this country?
Speaker 5: I feel like I would never say Damien.
Speaker 2: In full lady. Yeah, like a British thing there.
Speaker 5: I don't know it, just it feels like, all right.
Speaker 2: So George is on no no, now I just go wa Geo.
Speaker 5: I would put a wire on George. Georgie boy, George.
Speaker 2: J Georgie's on board everyone the g Man's here Georgy boy George okay, Georgie boy chat the years?
Speaker 5: The years nineteen eighty nine, nineteen eighty nine or nineteen ninety seven?
Speaker 2: Okay eighty nine?
Speaker 5: Which one I like? The second one in nineteen eighty nine? Which movie starred Mel Gibson and Joe Peshi.
Speaker 2: Oh, Lisa, weapon too? Oh yeah weapon two? He got the right run as well, well done. Just just Georgie boy for this is Georgie boy.
Speaker 5: Georgie boy wins ice skating ticket.
Speaker 2: That's right? Well, why why not credit the client who've given us these as well? Rather than yelling ice skating tickets? Enjoy ice skating these winter holidays at skating at twenty second of June to the fifteenth of July. Is it skating aut dot com dot au for more info. Enjoy Georgie. Do you love to skate?
Speaker 9: I never skated before, but I'll give it a joy.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, have a great time.
Speaker 1: Look Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I know that soccer isn't your big sport. Here I get it, okay for me, it's a depressing thing. The World Cup, Soccer World Cup is a depressing thing because every four years, just because once in nineteen sixty six my country won the soccer World Cup, we think, somehow, in four years we deserve, just by some right, to get it again. It is a miserable time to follow your national team is heartbreaking. It's like being in a bad relationship where four years later you hook up again. You think they've changed, they've changed, I'll take them back in and then boom, they break your heart again. Just humiliation and misery or waits me for the next couple of weeks. Trust me. By the time we play our first opening or second game, by the end of next week, you go what happened? It used to be such a happy, go lucky guy. Now, why is he crying on air all the time. It's because England are at the World Cup. However, you're also there. This is great news. I'm excited about it. You got an opening game this weekend before England Australia.
Speaker 5: It has no ride to go better than England. You know, we are coming in as an underdog, but that's the way this country likes that.
Speaker 2: We like to come in fighting spirit and that means you could you could do well in it. England have got decades of expectation and stuff at that and it mentally weighs the team down. There are talented players, they get out at World Cup and they just fall apart. Week four years ago, I walked up a pub and I vowed never to support my national team again. A terrible moment for any sports fan, because we were being beaten by a country called Iceland, and Iceland an incredible, a tiny country of thirty thousand people. Jack the team was all part time players, Butcher's mechanics and they beat eleven millionaires, multimillionaire players from England. I've walked out the pub work that's it. I'm never supporting this national team again. However, here I am four years later and I hope that England might qualify and get up the group.
Speaker 5: Well you can jump on board the Sokkaroos and we'd love to have you our first game.
Speaker 2: He got k Hill. I mean, he's your star man. He's fit, so who knows.
Speaker 5: We play France this weekend. APM Saturday night is the first game for Australia.
Speaker 2: That's a great with the time difference. English one is four in the morning next Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and Australians are used to waking up for World Cup. We're used to waking up in the middle of the night. So APM for us is a real surprise.
Speaker 2: Well that's great. You could go to the pub, vites and friends around just you know the world cover before years they have like an official song four years ago, terrible song with pit Bull as it would beat Pitbull this year obviously Russia very controversial that they've even got the Royal cut. People are worried about trouble out there. However, putin very powerful man. He has insisted that Will Smith returned to the world of rapping. That's how powerful he is. He probably just hacked his account, emailed him from his own email address, saying get back in the studio, Will Smith. The World Cup song is by Will Smith. This is it? Okay, have a listen to this. It's called live it up. Don't know if there's a cover of the Mental as Anything song. There's the sort of song a new give it will be blasting out in his car like you know, one in the morning at the lights.
Speaker 5: No, we haven't heard Will yet.
Speaker 2: You don't go straight to Will. Someone else comes in and warms the crowd up. Then you bring in wicked Willy. Where are you putins? Paid a lot of money for your Will? Start singing Welcome to Miami or something, Welcome to Russia any place. It's not a tune. This is rubbish.
Speaker 5: When's Will come in? Can't we going to bid the song? Where Will's in?
Speaker 2: It? All right? In the meantime, the reason why I'm talking about all of this isn't it about the footballer? I thought that it's because Russia has announced this week that they have got a psychic animal to predict the games.
Speaker 5: It's almost as important as having a World Cup song ceremony mascot. Now you have to have this psychic pet.
Speaker 2: The super course of an octopus called Paul. He was actually pretty good four years ago, and that's why they now got Achilles. Achilles is a beautiful cat who is deaf. Now I think this is why do you hit after that? Who's laughing at a deaf cat on the radio? I had a snigger. This deaf cat, okay, sure plays a meme PM more, but he's obviously worked harder on his extra senses. His third eye. He opens up his third eye, he looks over who Russia have got and it go either mew for a win. I don't know how he's doing it, but anyway, I asked our production team if they could get some of the news footage absolute missus will Smith right notes producers what I said, get some news footage that we could understand. I mean, okay, first thing we need this morning right now is a Russian translator.
Speaker 5: What she's saying about said, Yeah, he's deaf and he's develops supernatural senses.
Speaker 2: What's the bet that cat isn't death whatsoever? This is cats? I bet you can hear perfect well. We just can't be asked to listen to any of the owner's instructions. Can ease, you're not deaf? Pow. So here's what I want. I want to find Melbourne's most psychic animal and I want to use it to predict the England Games and the Australian Games. So I don't know if you own a cat, a mccare, a parrot, a dog who has got the gift of the third Eye. Yes, he season the third eye, as they say, into the universe and look at the games and they will say which way it's going to go. So if you have an animal, a pet that you think is psychically gifted, please contact the show today. We want to use your animal to predict the games. I can ask you a question. I want the answer. Now come back after this song, we should think out of the cattle dog is more likely to be psychically gifted.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we are looking to borrow your pet. If you've got a cat, dog, rabbit, whatever the animal is, could it be our World Cup predicts a pet. Russia has just announced it's official one. It's his cat. He's a little deaf Morgie and he's called Achilles. And this is all we know of him so far. Absolutely I think she's saying he's a lovely little cat. He loves tuna.
Speaker 5: Well, in case our listeners can't understand what she's saying, I have researched some quick information about Achilles. According to his vet, he's very unbiased and he well we know that he's just.
Speaker 2: Because he's deaf. No one can get in his little cat here and his back Russia.
Speaker 5: He said he he's deaf, so any comments from the fans, he doesn't hear any, probably feels it with his heart. He eats from a bowl, which is a classic very factive research there. What do you think most cats he out of then human corpse. This is how he chooses the winner, a classic way for a predicted pet.
Speaker 2: So they might go so for this weekend for you guys Australia or France. He's got two balls, yep, which every one he goes to first. That's his winner, yep.
Speaker 5: Now, Achilles actually has a history of predicting football games already. Last year he determined the result of the Confederation Cup matches played in his hometown.
Speaker 2: Wow, he's got four.
Speaker 5: He guessed without a single error the winner of each game, including one that ended in a draw. Really so I guess he didn't eat for the drawer or he ate both.
Speaker 2: No, I presume that the owner this is there again. Absolutely, she gives him a little snack once he's done. Is predicting duties? That all right? So listen if you're listening, to think and listen. Yeah, I've got a psychic pet. My pet could be your predictor bet for the World Cup. Please call the show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast shoe. Melbourne's gold one four point.
Speaker 2: Three Russian opening game is yeah, Thursday night, Friday morning, wow. And then your first game, Australia's opening game against France good luck is Saturday night.
Speaker 5: Our first game. Christian, you're on board. The Suckers is your second team.
Speaker 2: I will be jumping on that bandwagon because England will probably not be very good. Caitlyn, Yeah, good morning, Caitlyn. How are you this morning?
Speaker 6: Very good? Thank you?
Speaker 2: So you are getting ready for work? Are we interrupting your busy morning routine?
Speaker 6: I am standing outside my classroom?
Speaker 7: Law?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're a teacher. Yeah, I love the fact you're standing outside the classroom tour and what year do you teach? Where's your school?
Speaker 6: I work in hoppers crossing and I teach five six.
Speaker 5: Well, we hard it's early for school, isn't it. Don't kids still start at nine am? That's when I started.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm only a new teacher, so I get to school about.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty every day, right, gotcha? Okay, Well that's a proper job and love what we do. So good for you, Katelyn. Now tell us about your psychic pet. What have you got?
Speaker 6: Well, I've got Tumbles. She was my childhood pet who I adopted about a year ago we moved here.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing straight away from the name Tumbles, we're talking about a cat. Yes, okay, yep.
Speaker 6: Her real name is Summer, but it doesn't suit her.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, so it's been it's the artist. It's a cat for andly known as Summer, but now it's Tumbles. Yeah all right, So she wasn't really Summer danging terms of personality, but Tumbles was more her brand or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, take her to a t all right.
Speaker 2: Now, has she shown any psychic gift or potential so far?
Speaker 6: Well, I haven't tested her with psychic gifts, but she's pretty intelligent. She is trained. I give her command and she does them.
Speaker 2: Such as well.
Speaker 6: I open the cat room door and I tell her either the couch or Morgan, and she goes to either my partner or the couch.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's pretty good, That's that's great. I mean, my wife can't have been married twenty years. My wife can't even get me to respond to basic commandside that, so you.
Speaker 6: Know, they don't usually listen to command. So I think that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well listen, here's what we need to do, obviously, because if we're gonna when we appoint the coveted Prize of Gold one oh four point three's official predicted pet, we have to be as soon as we can that this animal is going to try its best to predict the outcome of the games. How about we find a game before Saturday night's big game against France for your cat Tumbles formerly known a Summer, to have a go at.
Speaker 6: I'm keen to give it a go, Kate.
Speaker 2: Then Howard is what the two balls two little dishes of food. A would be representing one team, B would be another team. We see how Tumbles gets on, Jack, what do you found out? What's the next sporting event we can test us out?
Speaker 5: Well, the foy is starting early this week. The AFL starts on a Thursday night rather than a.
Speaker 2: Great so tomorrow night game we can get Tumbles on the case.
Speaker 5: Poor Power versus the Western Bulldogs tomorrow and night. We can test it out.
Speaker 6: Yep, I could do it tonight.
Speaker 5: Well no, sorry, the game is the games tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: Well, unless Tumbles likes to get in their twenty four hours earlier. I don't know. I mean Tumbles is feeling the power now it can't close its third eye.
Speaker 5: Jack, Okay, I thought you'd do it just like before the first siren.
Speaker 6: Oh is that what she'd like me to do?
Speaker 5: No, however, you think the psychic powers will work best? Okay, I'm gonna you know what I'm gonna do with my dog as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna try my dog as well, by German Jeffers shepherd dog. We'll all start testing out our pets, okay, Kate. Then to tell you what, then, why don't we we get you back on tomorrow's show. Do it live on air? Okay? Then we can bank it and then we'll find out Friday hagar on. So we'll call you back tomorrow. All right, this is a good time A little bit earlier.
Speaker 6: I'm probably a bit earlier, she.
Speaker 2: Cares, do you know what? I let my producers do this? I don't know what I'm doing admin on the show, so very unprofessional show it. I'm learning, I'm learning. I'm learning, all right, Kate. Then have a good day at school, sell out to the kids in the sandpit. I will, all right, we'll meet you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Look, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we are heading towards a week. Today will be the big d day. I would announce which AFL team I'm going to as I try and move towards that. We've been doing ten teams and ten shows. It's the story so far as we get ready five minutes away from team number six for Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Ten teams in ten shows. As Christian O'Connell chooses his footy team Richmond Tigers Trent Cotchin.
Speaker 5: Doubled membership in the last sort of the brought them.
Speaker 2: All in your You're your your man candy might be something in factor. On nine, Melbourne Football Club coach Simon Goodwin around with a Suburbs choose the city, get on this train now this is your moment.
Speaker 4: Get on board, all right.
Speaker 5: Son Dice in hefal captain of the Essendon Football Club boys who play this battle game.
Speaker 2: Jack. It's the most animated Dice I've seen him all week.
Speaker 5: Good boy getting around the bombers. Christian Joffer, the head of the Collingwood cheers.
Speaker 2: Quiet your new relationship.
Speaker 10: Wipe your casual affair.
Speaker 2: This is permanent mate.
Speaker 6: No breakup, text or divorce gets you out of it.
Speaker 2: Charlton legend, Steven Sticks Canahan, O'Connell's applay Birfhill and ifl over dun but only comes with John O'Connell as their premiership success. Don't follow the long line on connallsho have made the wrong precision. Johnny's in the studio. Now, hey, miss mcgaughlin, who's been booking all these big legends, welcome back to show.
Speaker 5: Miss good to see Christian morning, Jack, Good morning. Now, Haim, you said that you would take care of all the A list players, coaches, ex players to the.
Speaker 2: Reason why he stepped into because of a gap. Because I thought we started working together and I gave you the job that you would do that, and then he got was the guy who says the hot talks.
Speaker 5: Well, we're doing things today. I told you are fair that my cousin went to school with Billy Longer. If you need me to investigate that lead, I will. Now. I didn't because I trusted that you would get somebody. SATs the Saints right now, tricky. They're going through a bit of a flat spot. They've won one, they've drawn one, We're going to around thirteen. It's not been a big season.
Speaker 2: And you can imagine these big clubs, how people are they don't like people come on the radio, the worried that they're going to be you know, tough questions. You know, a new kid in town like me, even though we'd never do that.
Speaker 5: So the tlatest question you ask is how does your theme song go?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. I mean it's not exactly agreelling over hot coals.
Speaker 11: Well, so I thought, who could represent the Saints brilliantly? Who's been to their biggest moment? Who was at the sixty six Grand Final? And you go through the big names that support the Saints. Eric Banner, Warnie Risky in London, Molly Meldrum, unlikely to pick up, Michael Gadinsky.
Speaker 5: I rang him what okay? So I said, Michael, can you come on.
Speaker 2: Are you getting me breakfast radio? No chance?
Speaker 5: Okay, you got a name for me.
Speaker 2: Billy Miller. Billy Miller. Who's Billy Miller? The Ferrets?
Speaker 11: Who are the Ferrets? Nineteen seventy something, number one hit? This is some research, This is it.
Speaker 2: This is the Ferrets. Don't fall in love. But I don't mean eve a goalplay this that often they should. We can still request. There's Fridays to give a Ferrets on. So Binny is the man who's got a tough job of selling me into the Saints. Paul guy.
Speaker 5: It's tricky. So Billy was the lead singer.
Speaker 11: He also has just over the last few years watched a lot of cricket with Paul Kelly. He says, in the rain breaks and the delays, he writes songs versus India.
Speaker 5: Australia had a long rain delay.
Speaker 11: He wrote fiwooden Candles for Paul Kelly became a hit.
Speaker 5: This is the sort of guy he is selling. The Saints is tricky.
Speaker 11: The Positives they haven't lost a final since two thy and eleven.
Speaker 2: Because I've ever been of one and they haven't.
Speaker 11: The good news is the Saints are like Southampton, same colors. He'll get to that. I'm sure you know when you say Jack, you don't know Jack.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 11: The Saints only know Jack's. They got Jack Billings, Jack Loney, Jack Nune's, Jack Sinclair, Jack Steele, Stephen Becky went to school with Jack Stephen. I mean there's some sort of relationships.
Speaker 2: Actually went to school. That's I don't know.
Speaker 11: But the Saints Saint Kilda has a long sporting history, cultural history, artistic history, but basically their cricket is sort of their number one sport at the junction oval as PETNK. The sort of beach game by this is.
Speaker 2: This is you know, I hate to see that. This hamish, but you're really you're really leaning into this one. You're doing a lot of heavy lifting. There's a lot of When I hear you say the phrase pe tonk, I'm like, I'm gonna be honest, it's been tough so far with all these teams. Yesterday it sticks off of me. The use of the hovercraft. By the way, you can use the hovocraft. I suddenly got home and I was like, how on this stick this morning? Said the hovercraft. They've got a hovercraft and of.
Speaker 11: All the O'Connell's that have been involved in vfl AFL. Only one O'Connell has tasted success and that was with Carlton.
Speaker 2: Wow. You know I get the run, the use of the hovercraft. That's a big winning and then today it's Stilly the patent court and Billy anyway, do you know what we hear the man out the lead thing of the Ferrets is coming up next. Don't look at the radio like.
Speaker 1: That O'Connell breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time now for team six in our ten teams seeing ten shows has moved towards me next Wednesday making my decision which AFL team am I going to Barrett four toughest job in town sink Kilda selling sink Kilder to me. Hamus mcgoughlin, I man making all this happen is mister fix It introduced this rock and roll legend we have on the line now who may or may not been drinking.
Speaker 11: Tiger's, Damon's Bombs, Pie's Blues brings us to the Saint to have captains. We've had coaches, We've had tear squad captains, we had legends.
Speaker 5: Now we've got rockers. The Ferrets lead singer.
Speaker 11: They had the number one hit in the late seventies, Don't fall in Love, Billy Miller.
Speaker 10: Welcome, good a boys.
Speaker 4: How are you Benny?
Speaker 2: And welcome to the show. And listen, Betty. I just want to say thank you, because no one else in this town was about to come on the show and say Christian, the Saints, other teams. So you're the man, So well done, good man, good man. Billy.
Speaker 5: Were you there in sixty six? Billy? Were you at the ground? Were you there?
Speaker 4: I was there? I was there, Amish I called the punt road bus.
Speaker 5: All right, will you just give us the spill, Billy, we'll chat at the back end.
Speaker 4: Okay, mate, Now listen, Christian, I've been listening to you. You're a performer, You're an artist, but mate, don't sell out. Stay true to yourself. Have the integrity to ignore the lure of the big check books and those ugly behemoths like Collingwood and Anson and Carlton. Do what the great Trevor Barker and Robert Harvey and Millennias and Nickery what all did. Ignore the temptations of the flesh, and stay a saint for life. You're a Saint Christian, you could in fact be Saint Christian. I know you're a Southampton man, and for children, Southampton aren't two dissimilar, They're both the Saints, right. The colors are the same, and our records one FA Cup for you, one Premiership Cup for us, plenty of ups, plenty of downs, lots and lots of bloody downs.
Speaker 2: Yep, bring down the vibe, okay, Betty, keep going, keep going, bendy.
Speaker 4: Big sir mate. I'm going right up now with the flag, the one flag we won. Okay, it was a while ago, ready for this, nineteen bloody sixty six margin one point, so it's every point, Thank God for you, Barry Bruin. And I was there, Christian, I was fourteen. I caught the punk rope busts of the g You'll learn about the punt Road bus, Mate. Every September since I've craved that feeling. And the good news is, as every year comes and goes, I'm another year closer to feeling it again. Don't say I didn't warn you. Another Saints flags getting closer, mate, I'll be honest with you, Christian, you probably won't get sick of winning. As a Saint. We like the space. Our victories, we savor them like the gentleman we are. But when we win the big one again, you're going to find yourself out very late. With saint of brothers like Eric Banner, Shane Warn, Nick Reewald, the Guru, Molly Meldram and rock Supremo Michael Godinski, it'll be mayem mate. We'll even fire up the Saints disco. We'll be lucky to survive. Plugger Buckets, Barks, Spud, Lenny Ruey, join the list of great Saints, my friend, And one last thing before I go, when the Saints go marching in is air club song and it's a beauty. It's the best, Betty.
Speaker 2: It was an amazing performance by a legendly Rockel like yourself. And you're like, this is a great song. I mean, this is a good one.
Speaker 4: It's the best mate, you're in Betty.
Speaker 2: I know what I love is your voice. That is a proper rock and roll survivor's voice. I don't know how much you've had to drink and smoke to get a voice like that. It is coated in Jack Daniels, Mate.
Speaker 4: I gave up in ninety ninety, but don't worry. I had plenty before.
Speaker 2: That, Betty, you allegit.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much so Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: You're almost you've actually halfway through the week, so you can look back on the first half your week and let me know are you winning, losing or drawing the week so far? How's it for you? Before you heading the second half, I have to think about the week so far. I want to know if you're winning, losing or drawing the week. You can text me on four seventy five three one o four three. For me, it's all about I'm poised. I'm poised right now because this time next week I'll pick a team. It'll be done by now. I will announce the team. And that means that every other listener who supports another team is going to say a strong swear word, you know, and it feels like it's a lot of pressure. I'm feeling the pressure chat because I've been sweat. I've been I've heard a lots of different teams making strong cases the loan of a hovercraft. I'm like kiss that they've never been on hovercraft. You know. Stick's put a strong case yesterday I get a signed ball by the Demons.
Speaker 5: And you said during that song you said you're starting to form an opinion. Oh yeah, I urge you to hear all teams out. We still got your long to come, Hawks to come, Bulldogs to come. Yep, my second favorite team, I must Okay. So that's how I am at the moment. I'm neither winning or losing. I'm poised in the middle.
Speaker 2: I would say it's a school draw at the moment, but I'm feeling the pressure about the big announcement next Wednesday. You winning, losing or drawing the week?
Speaker 5: Jack, I would say, I'm too nil down.
Speaker 2: What's happened? What the two goals?
Speaker 5: This morning? As I pulled into the car park getting out of the car, I saw someone I've never met before us and I thought, oh, this great a colleague here at Gold I've not meant I'll be able to chat to him, meet him. He goes, Oh, mate, this parking here is only for the radio staff.
Speaker 12: Oh no, oh, no, eight shows in Oh dear, did you wind out the window and go You might not recognize the face, but I'm Jack Post, so stand aside the man.
Speaker 5: Good to say I'm having an impact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, major player in the car park.
Speaker 5: Yep, the second goal against is now. I brought this up yesterday and you weren't happy with it. But I've got to bring it up again. Not the war we did this time.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know about your war and orders Melbourne.
Speaker 5: Well, the phone is actually.
Speaker 2: Lit up when we because warty people want to chat to other warty people do that online in forums or dating app.
Speaker 5: Now I didn't get to hear. I think it was I believe it's Emma yesterday who was going to give me a fact about how to get rid of a wart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I threw off air.
Speaker 5: You threw her off air. I'm still trying to follow up. I would love to get her on today if we could. Really, I'm going to show you the wart now because no you see quick backstory. I took it off with my fingernail last week. It's coming back double almost triple now, but please look at it.
Speaker 2: God, get your watery finger out of my face. Seriously, that's too much, all right, text ending you're winning, losing or drawing the week.
Speaker 5: I want to burn it off tomorrow on the show. Sorry, Yeah, get the doctor in to do the freeze. The liquid nitrogen freeze.
Speaker 2: On me during the show. Yeah, you're now using the show to conduct medical business. What if I want to for set to me? You're right. If I just put my legs up on the desk and you get a soldiering on from the engineering department and seven.
Speaker 5: The leads, you can have Friday. But I've got that not.
Speaker 2: So on Friday?
Speaker 1: Is that the Christian o'ct all Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So you're insistent we get Emma back on.
Speaker 5: I don't mean to hijack the show. I just brought up a topic that hit a vein with listeners yesterday because not many breakfast shows water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because noone wants to hear people chatting about what's on the radio. Okay, well, Emma is back. Good morning, Emma, good morning.
Speaker 13: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, Emma. So after our moment yesterday, right about twenty bus day, we did have quite a few people that wanted to know what the war fact was that you had.
Speaker 13: Oh great, okay, all right, So if you've got a watch, then put yes, so grab a bit of duct tape and put it on the watch for about a week. Don't take it off and then take it off after a week, give it a bit of it's great, put it back on again for a week and it'll be.
Speaker 5: Gone two weeks.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, two weeks.
Speaker 2: That will have you know, some kind of join and get it frozen off number.
Speaker 13: Apparently this works better than the frozen really don't tape.
Speaker 2: How do you know this? Have you used this before?
Speaker 13: I have? Well, I actually use it on my sons for ruper.
Speaker 2: Oh, have now moved on to another awful fund thing? Rucus? What what has happened to the show on show? Wait?
Speaker 5: This is EMM. I appreciate that. I do want to speed up the process, only because it's really starting to hurt. I took the ward off with my fingernail and it's come back.
Speaker 2: Don't want to hear that twice as big.
Speaker 5: It's like cutting the head off a hydra cut stronger your two heads come back.
Speaker 13: Yeah, if you can cope with it on your on there for just to even try a week, I think, and it will probably work. Wonders.
Speaker 5: It's the it's swollen up to the size of an army.
Speaker 2: Yet again, we're gonna have to throw you off the coast on gold one oh four point three so we're asking this morning to send in your midweek's score. So someday Wednesday you mustn't the midpoint of the week, so it's kind of up. The first half of the week is already done. And think about it. So far this week? Are you winning, losing, or drawing this week? How's it going?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: By the way, this is how I feel right now. Someone's texted this in two days in a row. Jack has put me off my breakfast. No more war talk.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 2: I only do you also instructed besa producer, to find you a surgeon to come on the show and freeze it off. Bex's was that not his instruction to you? Just now as you came in.
Speaker 5: He did never give me eye contact. He just said thanks, get mess surgeon demand thinking what did he say?
Speaker 2: Word for word? Becks, It must have been terrified to be yelled at like that, hanging out with a miss and Andy too much? You know, let's so their boys run that show. They want surgery and other discs. Yet into the streets surgeon and one will show up, you know, in a Bentley or something. So we got asking you to send us your midweek score are you winning, losing or during your week? Christian winning Sunday session with no work, Monday gats exam so no year, twelve Friday off due to report writing and some David who's got a three day week? This week?
Speaker 5: You have a Sunday session in the UK. Just getting it means it's getting some beers on a Sunday.
Speaker 2: Well you didn't call it that, but it happens a lot because, as you might know, people from my country have a drink problem. It's simply called life. Okay. I don't know whether the weather they're or the bad sports team. I don't know what it is you just called Sunday. Yeah, you call it Sunday to us? Is every day? Currently winning two one two goals for having Monday and Tuesday off one goal against her coming back to too many work emails. Christian had to win. This week brought a deco rug our good friends talking a witch? Where is my Pierre Ga deco rug that I was promised last week by the sales people.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'd love a rug too.
Speaker 2: Just well, you want a walk removed? You want a rug? What don't you want to chat? Christian? I got listen this They brought a deco rug for two hundred john is value at seven point fifty awesome, thanks sir, that's someone. Laura so Keith is coming in. Are you winning, losing or jour on the week? Let's know how the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Joe Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I've never worked it in twenty years working in radio stations. You must have found the same as well where you've worked around radio stations. What's it dealing with the mugs? Is there a mug shortage in this city for.
Speaker 5: A staff of about what? Is there one hundred people in this whole building? Three mugs?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, seriously, there are threegs them all away because why because people weren't cleaning up after themselves.
Speaker 2: What kind of savages you got working in I'm not just talking about Huggy, you got me the only one.
Speaker 3: No, they weren't cleaning up after themselves, so they literally took.
Speaker 2: All the pitch. Sophie out there right. She tells me that a while ago the kitchen was shut down by the health and service people. Is this true?
Speaker 3: I didn't hear that.
Speaker 2: Well, you're the news up and scoop. I thought you always meant to be looking up for new stories. One unders in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: It's news to meya.
Speaker 2: Right whoa, Okay, I've got my first yellow flag. Hey, back off, new boy, my first yellow flag. There from Pats lightly scared.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of companies these days they have their own mugs, don't they. You might be a window cleaning business. Window cleaners are us, for example? All right, very creative. I was just thinking off on my head. Okay, window window windows. You know how much is that clean window in the window? I don't know. However, they will have their own.
Speaker 5: Merchandise, emotional mugs.
Speaker 2: Emotional mugs. If you have a company, you've got a mug, please send us one of your company mugs. Okay, we need mugs, mugs and plugs. The sales team getting angry right now, going he's not plugging anyone unless they send a lot of cash in the mug. But we need mugs. There are three mugs here. Every time I click my finger, that's another cup that I can't find a septicle to put it in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'd happily drink out of windows, windows, windows, mug.
Speaker 2: Oh, how much is that clean window in the window. I actually saw this. I was running in Dendee Park yesterday near where we're living at the moment, and there was a guy in an official uniform, you know, Dumb and Dumber, and he's got that dog walking visus.
Speaker 5: Actually haven't seen Dumb and Dumber.
Speaker 2: No way, no way. Get out of the studio, get out of the station, get out of radio, get out of Australia. You haven't seen Dumb and Dummer.
Speaker 5: I know the I know Jim Carrey's in it. I've seen, liya liar.
Speaker 2: You've never seen Dumb and Dummer.
Speaker 5: I've never seen. It's one of the funniest movies that I actually tell people I've seen it. That's how that's how ashamed I am that I haven't seen it.
Speaker 2: That's a real shame because it's actually one of the funniest movies ever made. There's not a wasted scene in that movie. So if I set up heads are falling off, that doesn't mean he pretty bad. Pete doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 3: No once all that one in a million talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see Pats has seen it.
Speaker 5: I don't know what you guys are talking about right now. I'm running and watch Dumb and Dumber there.
Speaker 2: Anyway, monks are plugs, that's yeah, that's what I'm just s. You've got some monks? Send it to us. Jack's got the dress? Here?
Speaker 5: Off to the station. Do we do we have a PO box? Or are we allowed to give out the actual street address?
Speaker 2: What happens if we get of course they is google it and find us there is something? Are we allowed to give out the actual street address? What's happened? Beatle Mania? We're gonna get mobs down there, you know, get our autographs or lick your water off or something. Are we allowed to give out the street address? One Google search? They can find us to give out the street just BECs, do you have it? What's the street address here?
Speaker 3: Twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Straight, Level two, Well.
Speaker 5: Be careful, Pad three two one?
Speaker 2: What's going to happen?
Speaker 5: I thought I just thought we might have a PO box or something more official.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so sorry Lord snooty. Of course, ain't miss Andy the PO box, But we we just have a we're just level two. Look, Christian o'ctton.
Speaker 1: All breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 2: Have you seen the hordes of groupies out there already. What I didn't realize, sorry much, I take it back. Giving out the address was a dangerous thing to do. Chaos out there, groupies clawing at the window to get into your jack. Jack's terrified to leave the building after the show to that tennicop or the group isn't going to be out there because I gave up the post address here? Level two? What would happen if someone just sent us something that sent gold one oh four point three twenty one to twenty two Goodwood Street, Richmond.
Speaker 5: If you write, if you just write on a post bag, if you put a mugg in a post bag and wrote gold one oh four point three Richmond, I better get here.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 5: They're so good at that stuff, now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, are you sure about that?
Speaker 5: I think so? You know what, My sister works at mail sorting shit.
Speaker 2: So she's a poor lady. They go, your brother's been at it again.
Speaker 5: She'll come home, she'll come home and go, you make just got mail?
Speaker 2: This way?
Speaker 3: Can she find my stolen mail?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: Not this again. It's all in the lake. Your husband's eating at pats. Okay, it's clearingly obvious. Okay, So yeah, we have seriously got a mug shortage here at the station. There are three mugs in circulation. If you want to plug on air for your local business, send me a mug. If he's got your company on it plugs for mugs, send it to us. Christian O'Connell Gold one oh four point three, Richmond. They don't know, they're not interested in the street dress. It'll find us. Yeah, okay, So today's at work time waster is. This is a future we've designed for you so you can still listen to Breakfast short work. We'll play a few more songs tween now and ten, and we do this every day at work time waster. You two loaf off with the breakfast show. He's into your working day by still getting involved with us. We're looking for body part songs. Too much information today about Jack's wart. It's just had a call from an agent. As you said, I actually wants to sign it up. It's getting so much airtime at the moment on the.
Speaker 5: Show tomorrow o'clock tomorrow, I'm going to get it frozen off by a surgeon. That's why I'm trying to organize while doing the songs.
Speaker 2: Then, okay, body part songs. I've got the first butt is the deepest. That's good. Old McDonald had an arm, good ebony and ovary and free balling. I hope we're still on alright.
Speaker 5: From Live from Level two Body Part Songs.
Speaker 2: Yep said that a minute ago. What do you think we've got harder intelligent listeners?
Speaker 5: Hold the line? Love and love isn't always in Testine nice Sergeant Pepper's Lonely hats? Club Hand?
Speaker 2: What club I let you deal with? Those complaints? Are going about giving out the dress? That's not the problem in today's show, Club Hand, it's raining. Is this one? Okay? This one? Okay? Fine, Yeah, this is fine, okay.
Speaker 5: It's raining. Abdomen.
Speaker 2: Who pulls it back?
Speaker 1: He pulls it back, He shoots, He scores the Christian O'Connell breakfast shoe Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Nine on gold one o four point three. Time now to mark that you're at work time wasters for today. This is where a secret feature that you can try and do at work today is body part songs. Jack has always marks these gold silver bronze. I thought I was giving him a simple marking system, but sometimes we get a silver plus but never a bronze plus or gold minus. You never know, huh could be today? All right, love Sack, let's get straight into it, Love Sack good silver plus.
Speaker 5: That's a.
Speaker 2: That song, Tyler, don't this is one for youture? Don't Walter be happy? Yep? I like it?
Speaker 5: What's hard at the point.
Speaker 2: Hot topic? What god? I didn't put your name on that. Put a name on it if you're going to send them in on the text, so we give you some credit, Melan Mitch. Don't need another hero?
Speaker 5: What's the song?
Speaker 2: We don't need another hero?
Speaker 5: I thought it was me, don't need another hero?
Speaker 2: Uh me? Don't? It would even be English, would it?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 2: Don't need another mad Max? You must know we don't need another hero. It's in that.
Speaker 5: I never say I've seen the new the new one. I've seen the new one.
Speaker 2: Kim Wild, Kidneys in America.
Speaker 5: Great world record, gold.
Speaker 2: My hit replacement. Don't lie, Julie and Morriban. That's very funny. You know these hips. We got that one of you gold pass yet. Wow, we're in new category? Are you high? Right now?
Speaker 5: I'm ready to go? I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Oh ready, he's ready to go. Okay, he's ready to go. When are you ready to start our crouch? Yeah? Our crouch is burning.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 2: I did not finish thunder thighs?
Speaker 5: Is that thunderstruck?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Not good enough participation meddal Aly.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry that guy, simply the breast good, very good, Gold Lizzie, that's for you and comfortably thumb all right, great work, well done.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We tried this at the end of our first week on the Breakfast Show. Last week. I said, look at listen, if you've really go for this, we're going to hand over the last hour the show nine till ten to you kickstart your weekend. What songs do you want to hear? And this was huge. We didn't want to sell big it would be and so the songs that you requested were We're brilliant, some great eighty stuff in there, a few ninety songs you don't normally hear or get asked for on the radio. So I said that if you really go for this, we will go into the Boss and ask to make it even bigger. We did, and heads up, this is what we're going to do Friday and every single Friday the entire show six to ten. The music is picked by you. So now I've asked for this, let's really make these the best songs on the radio. So we got busy last week. There were hundreds of texts, loads of calls coming in. Now it's the whole show six to ten. We can get loads of your songs on air this Friday because we're going to get so busy telling you about it. Now, if the best thing to do today is to go on to our Facebook page, which is.
Speaker 5: Always got on Facebook dot com. Forward slash oc one oh four.
Speaker 2: Three, also welcome to two thousand and eight. I know you like Instagram? Does anyone say forward or backslash?
Speaker 5: All right? Just google OC one O four three at the top of the Facebook page.
Speaker 2: Has even give a specific instruction.
Speaker 5: You know what I was thinking of? You know, it would be a good hack for the for the Request Day on Friday to win the ten K no repeat work day. You call in request a song, then you get your friend to call up and request the same song, play it twice and then.
Speaker 2: What is it about you? How? I have to wonder what you do when you daydream out the window? Is he coming up with ideas to show. No, it's a way for him and a friend to defraud this good radio station at ten thousand dollars. You are shameless Jack. Anyway, head to our Facebook page. The address is.
Speaker 5: I see one O four to three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three coming up after.
Speaker 2: Us today at ten o'clock on Gold one oh four point three. We have Huggy, then it's Whippy, then it's Gavy. He's not called Gavy. But I'm just keeping a thing going because you'll have an add on why at the end of people's nose here names or even all nose. And also he said, would you call.
Speaker 5: Him gavo Gava gave up maybe with an A on the end, Gava genius.
Speaker 2: Okay, Gava's here on four o'clock as well, And don't forget, between now and six o'clock one of you will be winning ten thousand dollars with a ten k no repeat, work day.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Joe Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, one.
Speaker 2: Day, not today, not now. Tell about the quickest we've seen on boss cover grounds.
Speaker 5: It's the most animated I've seen Sue the whole time.
Speaker 2: If we started, you potentially were going to lose ten thousand dollars. You'd move pretty quickly. But anyway, that's not today. Listen, folks. What I just want to say to you is keep listening. Between now and six o'clock you could be winning ten thousand dollars in the ten k no repeat workday.
Speaker 5: Yep, I did have a listen back to it. What Sue said is correct. In the last link you said between now and six pm, one of you will win ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: And you know what, the more I think about it, I prefer the phrase one of you could. Yeah. I just think that's a better word, isn't it.
Speaker 5: That's just a lost in translation. In the UK, you would say one of you will win ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and that means Mike, don't you know, don't bank on that. It's it's quite vague. Sometimes use language is open to interpretation, and my word I'm sorry for if my words have been miss misunderstood by the head of finance. But no, what I meant, what I meant I thought was crystal clear, was one of you could win. Why would I be going around saying on one of you will win.
Speaker 5: What it does say to me though Sue's charge into the studio is terrifying. They're not. They're definitely not planning on giving that ten K way today. So I wouldn't, well, why would she Why would she make such a deep fuss? No, why would she make.
Speaker 2: She came in here and said, get on there and fix it, not make it worse? No, no, no, no no no could it could happen to me?
Speaker 5: It's unlikely.
Speaker 2: Right. Title today show is Plugs for Mugs. We're back in with the Boss now. Huggy's coming up next. Keep this in because, of course one of you could win ten thousand dollars today on the ten k no repeat work day. We've said enough today, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show. Melbourne's Gold one oh four three