Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Firms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast. It's Flexi and Fumiani and I don't know about u flex, but when dating someone new, obviously you're doing the cursory Google. I'm signing out of my LinkedIn so I can look at yours. I'm going through really yeah, welly serious. I'm getting a friend that's not affiliated with me socially to go on their LinkedIn, assess the information, perhaps a little screen record, and then we're gonna google their name and then see like sometimes there's like school results you can like whoa Yeah, like atar results where if you google it, this is hectic. I think it's if you get like a certain result in a certain subject blah blah blah blah. Where else can you google them?
Speaker 2: Not the Atar results when you're ten years from high school.
Speaker 1: Surely they're going to wipe that results to the point or their Facebook and their mom and their dad and their brothers and et cetera. But this is a question that's posed by one of our listeners, Bray. She texts us In in the Flex and Rooms show page on Instagram, please send through your questions, and she said, people who don't use social media are red flag? Eg, I don't have Instagram? Can we get off hinge and text? So you heard this, Someone's like, let's get off now.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't like to read it three times? So yeah, what do you think people who are like I think a red flag in general is someone saying I don't use the app much. Let's move to another platform, like you're on there, I'm on there, let's be together on here. I'm not going to add you or get your number until we've met and had one date. Okay, I'm keeping it in app.
Speaker 3: Yes, No, So this is saying they don't have social media. So instead of just saying, hey, let's go on to a different profile, it's like, no, we don't even have Instagram. Let's just straight go to the text.
Speaker 1: Which I think is just as bad, Like just keep it in the app until we meet. I don't need your number, Okay, don't text me. I don't want to text someone full stop until I've met them. Like I have once organized a date with someone we've met in person, and then he's texting me chitty chatty, chitty chatty before we've had the date, Like I'm not gonna waste my time, and I'm not gonna waste your time because I don't like to text full stop thoughts.
Speaker 2: I love when you get fired up.
Speaker 3: Produce a brook I've actually also had this happen to me, and it pisses me off. So I tell them sorry, I don't have a phone, and it confuses so much, and they're like, what do you mean, And I say, I'm using my desktop computer.
Speaker 1: Shut your genius, Brookie.
Speaker 3: It works and.
Speaker 1: Brookie, Yeah, good on you, Brookie. I've got a head in the game.
Speaker 2: Brookie gets it. I don't think it's a red flag because I think what ends up happening is that when you have access to someone's social media, you start to you start to draw conclusions that aren't actually helpful and probably are going to do worse for your relationship in the short term.
Speaker 1: Yeah facts.
Speaker 2: So it creates this level of intimacy that's not really there because you see them with their friends and they're joking and they're off guard because they're not showing up to you with the information that they actually want to give to you. So I don't think it's a red flag at all. And if someone said point blank, I don't use social media. I wouldn't think it was a bad thing. Also, most people don't use social media. They have it. I'm going to go to their page. They've got four photos, their last upload was twenty sixteen. At that point, you don't use social media realistically. Not a red flag.
Speaker 1: I like that from you. You've been listening to the flexen Frooms Daily Podcast.
Speaker 3: For more, tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.