Speaker 1: I Heart podcasts, hear more gold podcasts, playlists, and listen live on the free I Heart app. Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. What condiments get stored in the fridge? Mustards?
Speaker 2: I do mustards, yes.
Speaker 1: Ketchup Mayo ketchup. Yeah, But I don't put brown sauce or barbecue sauce. That doesn't get into the fridge. And I don't know why. It's like an exclusive nightclub. Oh no, we do all the sauces going there. No no, no, no barbecue sauce in the pantry. Yeah, you know, along with my Worcester sauce as well. But tomato sauce goes in the fridge now.
Speaker 2: Producer Tina called me a sick freak earlier for putting tim Tans in the fridge.
Speaker 3: They go in the fridge and they give it a beautiful like it's crispy anyway, but just an extra.
Speaker 1: Do they ever? When did they ever become lava?
Speaker 2: But they're just a little bit soft.
Speaker 1: If you put them in there, you want to be based to crunch. I do all ambassador with these tim Tams. We spoil you. Now I'm nursing the chocolate sisters are bouncing up and down in their chairs with their hands in the air. What is it you listen to a disco track or you've got something contribute?
Speaker 3: No, even that is foul. What's the point of a tim Can you.
Speaker 1: Just slow down and speak English? You just went the foul listen redneck foul? What foul? Exactly? The show today?
Speaker 3: No chocolate ever exists in the fridge.
Speaker 1: I know, I disagree. There is the right time sometimes to put it in there when when I'm so riled the things we've said to you. Sometimes there's nothing rio makes out every day you're useless and no and nothing from them.
Speaker 3: And scientifically proven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you printed off some what I call fake facts.
Speaker 3: They're not fake facts.
Speaker 2: They're fake facts, scientific fact.
Speaker 1: That's me telling out you look free back school projects on the school projects on the floor changes running.
Speaker 3: Tallyr mummy according to actual scientifics.
Speaker 1: Yes, actual scientifics.
Speaker 2: But it improves.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love scientific scientific the facts.
Speaker 3: Cold temperature dulls, the flavor.
Speaker 2: Flatter, the texture changes. Chocolate is designed.
Speaker 3: To low body temperature, so when you pop it in the fridge, it stays harder, longer, and you don't get that smooth melt in the mouth.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want premature melting, otherwise it's all gone too soon.
Speaker 3: Also, it can absorb other odors from the fridge, which changes the.
Speaker 1: Taste chocolate, chocolate with a taint of a bit of cheddar there or some just abount of sour milk and a sense of molds of mold and a little bit of better there as well. In a red onion that's been in there too long.
Speaker 4: Like red wine, you would take out and you would open the lid.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's called the commonly known but.
Speaker 4: Lids and it changes the flavors, it improves the flame, it grows, the eesation is happening.
Speaker 3: The red wine also is outside of the fridge. You shouldn't put red wine in the fridge.
Speaker 1: Depends what country. And sometimes they stick a peanut when the fridge. There's a thing called fridge callers and wine callers.
Speaker 2: A child red of it. There's Childred's look at ups as well.
Speaker 1: Patsy, Patsy, Patsy, where would you put a tim tam in the fridge?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, the single moment the mother of Australia on this show, I will bow down to Patsy Asterisk Occasionally simple mass. Yes, mask, science means mass and mass puts a beat down on scientific's ass. That's happening right now Australia. Grub, Gabby Popcorn. Tim Sam's in or out of the fridge? Are we a divided nation? I fear we are. It's all come down to this moment. Tim Tams in or out of the fridge? Where are you on this great divide REU and I and Pats are united for once in the fridge. It is going off today in this show and also now on the lines when two Tams go to whar good morning to Kadi, Christian. Tim TAM's one hundred percent out of the fridge. Can't have cold ones for the Tim Tam slams Christian. Tim TAM's definitely the fridge tobleron However, no, you break your jaw. We're not talking about toblon that lives in an area or by itself. Christian, I'm from the Blue Mountains. Congratulations. What do you want? Badge? When medicine is yucky, you put it in the fridge so won't taste as much normal chocolate ol the fridge. But Tim TAM's in the fridge so they don't melt on your fingers. Yes, I hate that tacky gooiness. Right, you're losing thirty percent to your fingers. They're getting more of it than you and it's all gooey and you gotta wipe them somewhere. Yeah, no, no, no, no cleaner. And also, like steaks, put those in the fridge. Then you can raise it up. If there are some guests who are savages or feral, you can raise it to room temperature for them. Exact take it out the fridge two hours before guests come round. If you're serving as a boulevard, all right, that's that's touching course sore this morning, Claire, good morning. For the love of.
Speaker 5: God, You've got to be kidding me. They have to be out of the fridge, Christian Paths.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, sounds like there's a problem with your line there, Claire. Look Claire, Claire, Claire, Claire, Claire, Oh no, I cu't clear clear clear Claire, are you there? Oh no, you Claire. We have to move on. Let's try Chris. Good morning, Chris, Yeah, it's good morning.
Speaker 5: Love you work Christian, Tim Thames and Red Wine in the fridge in Australia, on the kitchen bench in England.
Speaker 1: No. Look, I agree with the Tim Tams and the fridge, but I can't stand any wine that's been anywhere near a fridge. Red wine shouldn't be in the red wine should not be in the fridge.
Speaker 2: Even a last chilled wine on a summer's day.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no. It doesn't get that warm where it's like tea. Come on, Oh so you don't leave out in the bacon sun, do you. No, No, it's not on the barbecue being warmed up. But yeah, Chris, I'm with you in the fridge with the Tim Tams. It's got a Tommy now morning Tommy get it.
Speaker 5: There definitely TTC temperature touch.
Speaker 1: Control in the fridge. Fridge or the wife the waffle, No, clearly.
Speaker 5: Because there's drip marks everywhere and out.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is it. It starts if you've got hot hands like you and I, it mount to touch.
Speaker 5: And when you've got trady hands as well here to do the respect. Yeah, the wife will go to town.
Speaker 1: On absolutely right away. My wife goes to town on me only once hear my birthday. No no, no, I mean takes me to town, would take me into town, shopping and get some new teas merch or something like that, or a new pair of seats for the new school year. All right, Tommy, thank you very much. Just go to uh. It's good to clear up that unders understanding that. Niki, good morning, Nikki. I'm good Nikki. So in or out Tim Tams fridge and you say, Nikki said in who we got here? We're just annoying people today. Christy, good morning. Yeah, but Jesus couldn't go a run a great corners. Christy, Hello, Hi, Christy in or out of the fridge? And Tim Tams well.
Speaker 5: Weather dependent for me, so summer time I would keep them in the fridge. You don't want melkice, No, but any other time of the year in the carpboard and the biscuit barrel.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, now interm Peters with us. Yes, hello, you have heard from the CEO. This goes right to the top of arness.
Speaker 2: It feels like election night. I've got paperwork going on.
Speaker 4: The question is before we get to the official answer is how did we get there?
Speaker 2: Let's just remind everyone, not people. A lot of people might not know this.
Speaker 4: Ian Norris, he invented the Tim Tam. I reached out for a statement to him. First he invented he was the food techno.
Speaker 1: It would be in English, guy called Ian.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, he's dead. He's no longer with uspris.
Speaker 2: I probably said that a bit bluntly. I reached out to family members.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, bothered by some freeze Australian on the radio. When did he pass.
Speaker 2: He passed away in twenty fourteen, very very sad look.
Speaker 1: At and they kept him in a fridge. Well no, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Sure, but I just thought maybe he had a conversation at some stage with her.
Speaker 2: Family members, had get got to keep them in the fridge or not in the fridge.
Speaker 6: I think his last words were Marie resting piece. Gorge is the CEO. Now he one of his team members.
Speaker 2: Has worked titlessly to give us an official statement.
Speaker 4: Now I'm going to say this is a little bit wordy, so he me out, but just for clarity as well, back.
Speaker 1: In note, have they actually given us a statement?
Speaker 2: They haven't.
Speaker 1: The first thing the CEO I haven't has been forced to do.
Speaker 2: Pretty much pretty much basically.
Speaker 4: Also, just remember in twenty twenty five they actually did a partnership with Woolworst where they offered on the shelf or in the fridge, so they were having both options.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, big campaign had with woolworst, which was just fantastic. So this is the statement from arn It's nearly half of Ozzie's prefer a cool tim tam, with forty percent stating they choose to store it in the fridge and just thirty five percent in the pantry, with a further fifteen percent of tim TAM's prefer both.
Speaker 1: So both. It's a hung stage.
Speaker 2: It's a very diplomatic.
Speaker 1: What does the what would the CEO do?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I've had to analyze what he has said there and basically.
Speaker 2: The pantry wins.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't get George cold, George cold, George now.
Speaker 4: In the pantry and you think pantry win no.
Speaker 1: Based on what that? That doesn't add up? Well, simple, Master, are simple?
Speaker 2: Get me agree with you?
Speaker 1: Pete Mass doesn't pea gmics does not wash. Sorry are you waving a small lamptop poppyca I've.
Speaker 2: Just got another email from ARNI.
Speaker 4: It's okay, second, we will send you guys, just heaps of tim tams.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. I need George on the line, George, I want to know what does George do If we go around George the CEO's house, where are the Tim Tams? George. If I'm going into the pantry, I ain't happy, George. Or if I'm going in George's French and I'm going say it's a fresher on bike or or a westing house, I'm going to see the Tim Tams and the Christpa. I hope, so George for two? Sorry that my bold number. That's fine, We'll try me out back in up get them on in five minutes. Christian O'Connell show go On podcast