Speaker 1: People do some weird shit. I'm Tracy Grimshaw. Welcome to a parent affair tonight. We're coming to you from my bedroom. Some things make more sense than others.
Speaker 2: Hitch is trading gymnast one commodore games Goald in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 1: That his performance on the pommel Horse Marcus, grow up. Bless yourself for observations you didn't ask for.
Speaker 2: You are a cheap tramp and a filthy liar.
Speaker 1: This is just I'm still a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: Reckon, we should include Jenna's name in the opener.
Speaker 1: Tell about a compromise. We'll say your name, but it's said in simlish.
Speaker 2: Drap luby perfect Now his MIXTUREI.
Speaker 1: And yes it's us, get over it. Hello, Yes, it's just us two.
Speaker 2: In fact, they're just a couple of mitches. Our third wheel is off on assignment. Guys, can you believe she's still with us?
Speaker 1: Producer Jenna, groundskeeper Jenna, whatever variation of Jenny you'd like to throw at her, she is are still here.
Speaker 2: Well, she's sort of been given a job trial this week, a potential promotion. So Jenna has been our producer failed miserably. She's hopeless and then she's been demoted to groundskeeper. But this is her trial as our roving reporter.
Speaker 1: Well, she has been slowly and steadily increasing her workload.
Speaker 2: That's right, and so we thought let's try and reward her. Let's see if she rises to the challenge. She's out on location.
Speaker 1: Right now, like a classic news cross that's right.
Speaker 2: You know, like the Today Show Weather reporter. How they pop up at random spots every day.
Speaker 1: Yep, Sam Mack's down at the local Rosewood mall.
Speaker 2: Yeap, stuff like that. So she's out on location right now. We'll check in with her later on.
Speaker 1: That is something that came up in our Sunday Night Live, right. It just came out of blue and we thought, let's roll with it.
Speaker 2: Instagram Live every Sunday Night at a couple of minches. If you're not already.
Speaker 1: There, you've got to be there. I'll be square this week as well, Mitch. I'm bringing back a favorite segment.
Speaker 2: Of ours, Yeah, a talk back to I'm a bit worried about this.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you, well, normally you prepared talkback things, but I have found one, and it is I could not have been happier. It is a cross section of things that you love and that I love and that the listeners love. And this week it's a mystery.
Speaker 2: What do you mean it's a mystery.
Speaker 1: It's open ended. It's a complete mystery that the host of the radio station we're crossing to don't even know the answer to. Okay, and we might need to dive in.
Speaker 2: I'm not understanding. I'm not picking up what you put down at all.
Speaker 1: The audio that I'm playing still has not been resolved. Oh, okay, this is the MH three to seventy of the radio world.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, look, this is this is your first time bringing a piece of gold you found on talkback radio. And look, I'm just gonna put it out there. This is my segment. This is my segment, and I take its position as the favorite segment very seriously. Every time we've done a poll in our Facebook group asking what's your favorite segment, everyone, the resounding answer is always talk back things. And I wear that as a badge of honor because it's my secont.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's the audio that.
Speaker 2: Oh it's today, I swear to god.
Speaker 1: It's simply the audio that you find people are just saying they love the old people. The segments the hosts.
Speaker 2: Oh, but it's very good storytelling on my.
Speaker 1: Person, good reacting on my behalf too.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: And it's also our fiftieth episode. We should have mentioned that at the top, for God's sake.
Speaker 2: Yes it is. It is our fiftieth episode. We've made a big who half for our fortieth. I feel like we don't want to exhaust all our celebrations. It's coming up to Christmas too, we'll probably do some fanfare for that. We had the one year anniversary, your birthday. I just think we can't have too many celebrations.
Speaker 1: It'll start to wear off. It's also the normally the other way around. People hate celebrating their fortieth because you're getting out of thirties, and people love the fiftieth at an rosl.
Speaker 2: True, we should have gone on that today. We should, But I will tell you this, guys, it's a pretty big milestone fiftieth episode. And we do have a bit of an announcement to share with you later on about the show you did.
Speaker 1: It's very exciting. I'm exhausted today. Ah yeah, yeah, us why you should have brought it up hosting? Did you say, Arias? Yeah, yeah, it was really good. Thank you the ARIA Award, Oh, the Annual ARIA Awards twenty twenty ARIA, the first ARIA Awards to be held in the pandemic. You can you believe it?
Speaker 2: That's right. And you were hosting the pre show the bits that would have been the red carpet, And I got to tell you, these COVID edition virtual events, they are all just perpetually awkward. They're so cringed in general. But they were very lucky to get someone who is naturally unawkward like yourself to really carry it, because I think without you that would have been a shit show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't dish out compliments easily, but I think that like, thank god they had you, because it would have been a disaster without you.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's very sweet, thank you. There was one point where we I gave an award out and I no one prepped me to give you a warder And I had the envelope right and I opened the envelope and I didn't know how to pronounce the name. Oh no, And I thought, this is not something you can rehearse because it's sealed, had like a little black seal.
Speaker 2: They don't tell you in advance.
Speaker 1: No, it was like King Lizard and the gizzard wizard or something rymy So I was like, shit, is there an ell or is that a g And then I thought maybe my ADHD was playing up and it was mixing the words around.
Speaker 2: Wait are you talking about Oh no, we had a debate in the office today about whether it's lime Cordial.
Speaker 1: Oh is cordial?
Speaker 2: It is called That's what I said. Oh it wasn't them right.
Speaker 1: No, No, they were not MA eight Awards. I interviewed them live on the red carpet and went, lime Cordial. Great to have you. They left. I went coming up Guy Sebastian. When some bads came back. Guy Sebastian, I went, guy, you're the bell of the ball last year, because he hosted this year. It's all the boys from Lime Cordial. He went, yeah, lime Cordial doing it. And I went, either Guy Sebastian's got it wrong or.
Speaker 2: I have anyway, it's him that was wrong. I was arguing in the office today, who would call themselves lime Cordial. That's not even the best flavor.
Speaker 1: No, no used red Cordial.
Speaker 2: No, I love that apple one, the apple. No, it's like apple and something apple and raspberry. It's like a high.
Speaker 1: Oh I know what you mean. And it's not quite red. It's kind of pinky. Yes, the men used to have that. It's beautiful. It is good on ice, Yeah, I and I like it about probably more concentrate than water. You need to have it real sweet, yeah, I think so. Yeah, not those canteen ladies school care. There're one milli liter drop and the rest was water.
Speaker 2: I know, like, fucking don't be stingy on the concentrate barely cordial.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we said congratulations, the winner is King Snioz in the Blizzard Dizzerd and the text put the wrong zoom up, so someone was like, did I win?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because they crossed to whoever won on zoom yeah, which, by the way, some of those fucking dim wit artists you had to cross to. Did someone not explain to them, Hey, when the host talks to you, you have to talk back, clown. There were so many times that.
Speaker 1: You like, hey, you've won.
Speaker 2: I don't give me a random singer name rule. Oh no, I don't want to bag out rule Beautifully. It sounds like he has common sense. Let's make one concrete jungle concrete jungle concrete dungle.
Speaker 3: You won the area.
Speaker 2: They just sit there on Zoom like, oh he's literally lost for words, he's lost for words. Oh don't And then what feels like a year later, thank you so no, thank you so much because I try.
Speaker 1: To wrap up because there's been to go thank you anyway. Then they go thank you, and all the while I've got it inny worm, going wrap up, wrap throat commercials, the shark, Shark peace. It's chaos.
Speaker 2: It's impossible to make those sorts of productions punchy and like casey when it's when you're dealing with zoom. You guys can go and look it up on YouTube if you just look up Aris pre show something like that. Yeah, it's up on YouTube, so you can watch it back and you'll see what I mean that you were the only thing holding you with a glue.
Speaker 1: And you know what, I know, a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that thank you. That was a very nice second compliment. I just went straight over my head. So I'm not used to getting them. You know how. I got the Swarowsky look book, and you guys help me pick the hairpin. I ended up choosing the tiara because I thought it would be a more statement piece. I did notice that we did two bits of the Tiara. I pretended it was Delta Gudrum stolen from her dressing room. It's very funny. I think they've let me keep it. Oh really, yeah, I think where is it? I think let's give it away with a review today?
Speaker 2: Really you're going to give away that? I can't says? You also didn't fuck up any client credits.
Speaker 1: I did notice No thanks to Pandora. It was Stella mag because I had teleprompter.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna give away the bloody cram.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give out two mugs and the Aria's pre show Swarovsky Tiara.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I don't even have to bust out the red rooster about it. I'm really trying to get rid of these. You're not doing me any favors.
Speaker 1: Also, do we really want to give out? Ye? Give out the how a fuck it? Anyway? Welcome to the fiftieth episode of Is It Just Me? We start the show the same way every week. Two gems something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. I don't know Mitch's, Mitch doesn't know mine, and it starts the show. I say you go first again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon this is the third week in a row. But you know what, maybe we.
Speaker 1: Just make it a thread that you always start, rather than having this conversation at the start of every show.
Speaker 2: But what of mine's rubbish?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: True? What if I have a really shit one? We just have to wait and see. And that's on you. No pressure, all right, I'll go here we are? Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Two men need to stop being so flaky? Oh, I just I can't anymore. Yeah, I've just had I've had a two weeks from hell where I've just had countless people lead me on and then just not be interested, which, by the way, is fine. I'm not desperate and dateless. I'm quite happy being single. It's more just the inconvenience. Yes, I hate being I hate having my time wasted. The ones I actually go on the dates with always a good time. I always I always have a good time. But it's more the ones where you chat and then you exchange numbers, maybe you exchange social media, and then it gets to the point where you're like, oh, yeah, maybe we should go on a date, we should go for a drink sometime, and not to toot my own tit, but they're often the one suggesting it to me. Yes, And I don't know about you, but if someone suggests to you, hey, let's go on a date, is that not their cue to organize it?
Speaker 1: Yes, and this can be tricky, but if the person that instigates it is normally the one that should be following up on these things.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's true, and I'm not going to beg and be like, so, whatever happened to that date, like are we going or not?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I just I've had so many suggestions and I've been like, yeah, sure, let's do it, and then we can keep chatting for days after and then nothing eventuates, and I'm just like, it's so frustrating. Don't ask me in the first time if you don't actually want to.
Speaker 1: Is this a new thing or is it a COVID thing? You've had this? This has been irking you for years.
Speaker 2: This has been a thing for years, But it's only been boiling my blood recently because basically January to August, maybe even September, I was just not dating at all, Like I was just not interested. But now that things are returning to normal, let's let's round upon to socialize. I'm back on the dating scene and I'm loving it, but I'm also reminded at how frustrating it is. There was, there's been a few. One guy messaged me on a Sunday yes and goes, hey, I'd like to make you dinner next week, and I'm like, that'd be great.
Speaker 7: That's a romant thing to say, as well'd be excited. No one's ever offered me that before. It sounded sweat and we've been chatting for a bit. It wasn't out of the blue, but I was like, sure, let's do it. And then messaged him on Friday and said so, like are we still doing this? And he goes, sorry, I've got a boyfriend now. I was like, it's been three days, how did that happen? That's rare, Like congratulations, I'm now married. I'm so sorry my child's being born.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh that's the worst.
Speaker 2: And then there was another one that was like, oh yeah, let's go on a date, super keen. He was the one, you know, pursuing me, And then it was like, oh, sorry, we agreed to go that day, but I can't do I'm working. Then oh sorry, I've got a family thing. Then oh sorry, I've got this, and I'm like if you're not actually interested, you can just stop postponing. It's all together canceled and he didn't reply. I was just like, why even bother? Like I I feel like unless I actually feel something or means something, I just don't say it. Yes, I'm not going to tell someone I want to go on a date with them if I don't.
Speaker 1: And also not something that you're looking forward to all week, like I've got that dinner with me.
Speaker 2: It's not like that I don't look forward to it, but it's more like I don't necessarily make plans with my friends because I'm oh, I'm pretty sure I meant to be seeing someone that day, and then.
Speaker 1: Chip away you when this happens.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say chips away at me because, like I said, I am quite happy being single. It's just annoying. It's like, why bother suggesting it if.
Speaker 1: You're not going to follow through? Yeah, I agree, I'm pisste off for you.
Speaker 2: It's just so annoying.
Speaker 1: Would it make you feel better if I prank called one of them?
Speaker 2: How would that make If.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I'd not think of anything that I can do. I don't think that would help anyone. I'll call them. No, we shouldn't do that. Now I will call them as dot Wigans and just fuck with them. Oh my god, I'll call them as dot.
Speaker 2: Someone did suggest that we reprise dot Wiggins prank as her back in our most recent talkback tings.
Speaker 1: Yep, oh no, no, Dot Wiggins is my alter ego, my eighty seven year old elderly Australian woman who loves talkback radio. Let me at all?
Speaker 2: What am I going to say to this twenty year old like random off Tinder?
Speaker 1: Oh don't know. I'll pretend that. I'll pretend that I think it's my grandson and I've got the number wrong.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so you're not actually going to tie it back to me.
Speaker 1: Or no, no, you'll be There'll be no one.
Speaker 2: That's fine. I thought you were gonna be like my grandson Mitchell, with pleasure. With pleasure, I couldn't care less if they die. You can fuck with them as much as your life.
Speaker 1: Send me the number. I don't what can I do? I could probably just say which one do I hate? Send me the one that had a fuck has got a boyfriend? Now?
Speaker 2: No, I just message him on Instagram? Oh that one?
Speaker 1: Gaze? Move on us. Oh god, there's one here who I fox me off.
Speaker 2: When they do this, they suggest that you go on a date, they don't make it happen, they don't follow through, they don't plan anything, and then you just kind of don't speak for ages. And then the next time they see you they hit you with the why have we gone on that date yet?
Speaker 1: Can you fucking organize it?
Speaker 2: I hate it when they put it back on you.
Speaker 1: That's like when you go to a restaurant, you order your food and the waitress goes, I'll be right with you, and then ten minutes haven't you guys ordered yet? It's like that's your job. That's your job to make sure we order.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what it is. Let me find another one. I don't want to call him.
Speaker 1: How do you have this? People's number? You develop from Tinder to message? It depends.
Speaker 2: Sometimes we go to Instagram, sometimes we go to number depend. Okay, so yeah, this one you can this guy, Jamie? Is that to you?
Speaker 1: Okay? What can I do to freak him out a little bit?
Speaker 2: I want you to bring him out?
Speaker 1: Oh maybe we shouldn't do it. I'm already.
Speaker 6: Did.
Speaker 1: My name is Dotal Wiggins calling from the r T A. How are you today, the r T A, Yes, Rose Traffic Author.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm well good here.
Speaker 1: I just have paperwork here and it's saying that we have an unregistered vehicle parked on Cherry Blossom Street corner of nine Blossom and it's registered under your name. Which suburb is that Frankston teen West, Frankston teen West, f r A n K S T and teen West Eankston West, Rankston teen West.
Speaker 8: Okay, thanks, so mm hmm where okay, and so what's what's the issue.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid that there's an unregistered vehicle in your name sitting on Cherry Bottom av and it will either be toad or you can come and claim in the next twenty four hours. I'm just giving you a courtesy call, my dear.
Speaker 8: Okay, Well, the thing is is I don't own any vehicles whatsoever. Who All right, we'll speak to the r t A and I'll see what's happening with that.
Speaker 1: I am the r don't be daft.
Speaker 8: I don't know that you actually are there, because you sound a bit odd.
Speaker 1: Beg your pardon. I'm regardless of my age. I've been working in the workforce for years. I don't think that bears any juffment on my heres the R T?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 8: Okay, so what's your name.
Speaker 1: And what's not capital D?
Speaker 5: D O T.
Speaker 1: Wiggins? Oh sorry, he won't mess with you again.
Speaker 2: He doesn't drive. He's one of the Sydney gaze that fits the stereotype can't drive.
Speaker 1: He really persisted with.
Speaker 2: That longer than he needed to, considering he doesn't drive.
Speaker 1: Oh shit. Also, he was googling the fake suburb?
Speaker 2: Is this this part of dots like? Is this dots catchphrase? Is going?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 9: When?
Speaker 2: Not making no sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Asking who? When he asks what time it is?
Speaker 10: Who?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Just know that you will love and you don't need anyone's date.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no no no, that's not the moral of the story. The moral of the story is not that I'm desperate and dateless. The moral of the story is, guys, just don't say things you don't mean. It waste people's time. These are actual humans that you're dealing with.
Speaker 1: Put that on the shirt? Is it just me? Do you also have no idea where subtitles on Instagram stories have come from?
Speaker 2: I don't you mean the ones that people to type and tell?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm watching an SBS biopic or Naked News or serbi an update. Every time I go on Instagram. Yeah, Instagram influences will be like, oh, the COVID vaccine came out today and I'm so torn, I don't know what to do, and then they will type it out for baden, word for word on the screen.
Speaker 2: I've noticed that a lot on TikTok as well. They put th th for closed captions and then they'll write exactly what they say.
Speaker 1: I did see that for a bit, and I thought a lot of people getting c C spunk on like the chips. It turns out not colose captions. It's off putting. And if it's for the heart of hearing or for people that are deaf or disabled in that way, then great power to you. But who was an email sent out? Everyone did all the influencers just get told to start doing this.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like it's something that only people who are full time influencers would do because that's their livelihood. And you know how on Instagram stories, for example, you can look at exactly how many people have exited your story or swiped away. I guess that that retention is what they're trying to build because like, if someone is watching without audio, it means that they will still be able to watch and keep clicking through. They won't just be like, oh I can't hear it, I'm gonna fuck away.
Speaker 1: That's crafty, a good way to keep you watching.
Speaker 2: So I guess that's why people would do it, but it would take a lot of time. I can't see myself getting amongst it. I've thought about it, but done.
Speaker 1: The majority of people just watch with sound anyway, who's watching its sound.
Speaker 2: On Instagram feed where your posts come through on the grid, they I think it's twelve percent of people watch with audio on, so vast majority of people are scrolling their Instagram feeds on mute. Whereas Insta Stories, I think it's eighty percent of people are watching with sound. So it's pretty safe to assume that most people are watching Instagram stories and even more so tiktoks with the audio on. So you don't really need to close caption it. But it has been helpful sometimes. Abby Chatfield does it a lot.
Speaker 1: Abby does it all the time. If I'm ever in the.
Speaker 2: Bathroom at work and I'm like browsing into the stories, and I'll like see Hers come up. I don't want to play it out loud. I'll oh, Abby's there. I can actually watch hers because she close captions it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you lose so much more of the magic when you're just reading. I'm not a fan. Also very confused by it. I don't know where it came from. That's my issue with it. He doesn't bother me that much. I'm just like, oh, yeah, I can see that happening. Well, I thought, why don't we call the one influencer that I know that definitely does it? A friend of mine, Zowe Marshall from The Deep podcast, Just my lifelong friend. She's been on the show before. She Oh, we sorry tunneled her baby.
Speaker 2: Yes, the last episode of season one. You invited her one as a guest host has yet to come in.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm not that I'm holding grudges. No, no, no, We'll try and get her on. Let's call her quickly, because you don't want I want to see why she does it, honey, Zoe boats Mitch and Mitch. Hello, where are you you are? Zen Dayspa?
Speaker 9: I wish I'm not at the day spa.
Speaker 1: Where are you?
Speaker 9: It's on the couch.
Speaker 1: Oh Jesus I need your help because I am very confused. And I thought I'm going to call the most famous, most well known, and most highest paid influencer that I know, and a chatfield was busy. So that's no, no, no, I have no idea where subtitles on Instagram stories have come from. And I've noticed that you were doing it. Did an email go out to influences?
Speaker 2: I've seen this.
Speaker 5: I've not done them because I think it's a lot of work. I think you have to remember exactly what you say and then you have to type it in.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm confused.
Speaker 2: You said that you wanted to call a well known influencer you know that does it. But Zoe is now saying that there are who has time that she's never done it.
Speaker 8: Well, may probably try and call Happy again.
Speaker 1: Zoe, you have done it, you like, unless this is the one. Now listen, Zoey, we have the same management. I have a feeling that you've got to You got someone to make a story for you, and your uploaded it. You haven't even realized which one.
Speaker 2: I'm so absent right now, I'm like taking.
Speaker 1: Time off, Zoe are to be useless to me? Sorry?
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: Caselton Heights the number one podcasts of middle aged women who say, oh, I won't be able to put these down after tasting one darto.
Speaker 2: So that's two times now that Zoe Marshall has been sorry tannel on our.
Speaker 1: Show, and technically the first because we did it to her infant son Fox before.
Speaker 2: I didn't even get the chance to ask if she wanted to come in studio.
Speaker 1: She was hopeless to on that down days she gave us no answer and nothing. She just waffled on, well, so I'm pretty sure she's wine drunk, but what have you?
Speaker 2: You've definitely seen her doing stories with subtitles because she's denying it profusely like it's a murder.
Speaker 1: I would not have called her up on my own podcasts and made myself look like an idiot.
Speaker 2: If I wouldn't see us, I wouldn't put it past you.
Speaker 1: How stupid. Anyway, let's read out some reviews. Guys. You can be featured on the podcast if you leave us a review on Apple Podcasts five stars please. We also, at the moment have a couple of mugs left too.
Speaker 2: We're going to order some more. We've got other prizes to give away. I'm sensing this is becoming a weekly thing. Yeah, may as well be. This section of the show halfway through will read out a few reviews. And there have been a few people who use Spotify or the iHeartRadio app other podcast apps outside of Apple Podcasts, right, and they've said I can't leave a review. Well to you, I say, Dylan, there's other ways you can help. You can leave a review on Facebook or another thing that would be helpful is just take an Instagram story of you listening to the podcast, like your phone or whatever you're doing, and you listen and then target us in it so we can reshare it, you know, just share and the.
Speaker 1: Love okay, and you know what, we'll count them as entries and we'll read them out and we'll say this person did that and that counts and they can win a mug as well.
Speaker 2: Oh if they put their review on Instagram stories and target.
Speaker 1: Or just put up a screenshot. Yeah, exactly. Okay, this is any form of promotion for this podcast is in the running for a week.
Speaker 2: We will bribe for praise here.
Speaker 1: And is it just me not afraid to say, let's go to Shannon dot Nicole. You're both going places she had me there won't even read out the body of the review.
Speaker 2: Funnily enough, neither. If it's gone anywhere, Jenna's gone a place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly right. We have to check in with her. He's probably waiting on zoom crying and do that effect. She says. I listened to your podcast while I drive my partner to and from work every day, which is a two hour drive. Wow, good day, I tell my toddler. We're listening to Uncle Mitch's.
Speaker 2: Oh hell cute.
Speaker 1: You're both going places. Keep it up, lots of love. You've just won yourself a mug. Congratulations.
Speaker 2: You've always wanted to be a problematic guncle. Yeah, your uncle Mitchellie needs to watch his fail mau.
Speaker 1: Do you like gunkle?
Speaker 2: I don't identify as gunkle, but no, I don't find defensive like I would never you know, put on Instagram gunkle gdy if I'm looking after Noah and Anna, I would never do that.
Speaker 1: I hate that gunkle time.
Speaker 2: You're not a gunkle.
Speaker 1: I'm a guncle. Oh No, my cousin's kids but rather the same. I'm their godfather's father. Same.
Speaker 2: It's not the same.
Speaker 1: We've got oh this is Jesus. Why do I choose these ones? TD is all Pretzel says, sorry, tada nice. This is the best I manage twenty eight staff, and every time one comes near me to ask a question, I now.
Speaker 2: Say, sorry, dada, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh well done. As if she's a neurosurgeon doctor, we have a brain bleed on on patient seven. Sorry my god, an operating suite. You can't do that. This is a long one, and you fuck off with the long ones. Oh come on, I'm not just up my speed. If you're listening now and you want to go through the square, could you just do two time spending? Speak out this? She looks twenty one, says love this podcast to the moon and Bag. I often thought and wondered is it just me? When I stumbled upon this podcast filled me with glee. With groundskeeper Janet Mitch to Midnight and the face of Bogan Gate. The weekly episodes are always worth the way it's rhyming, I get it. Yeah. The igems also, which I totally relate. You got to listen to this podcast. It's a laugh a minute content which is never dull. And while you're reading this, I'd just like to say Oops, sorry, tanah No, that's a real well you know what, it's not done, oh ring enchanting, lovable, down to earth individuals. I can't wait to hear this rhyme who you just want to hug? The big question is does this rhyme deserve an exclusive mug?
Speaker 2: I would say, though, I say, yeah, you've won the mark.
Speaker 1: Well done. That is Sheila twenty one.
Speaker 2: We're definitely gonna have to auder more mugs me.
Speaker 1: We really are. If you your name was just called out, DM me or the podcast page or Mitch whoever will work it out also in the bakhouse. Okay, send it to me on Instagram and I will make sure you get yourself a mug.
Speaker 2: Mitch is now deputy editor in chief of our Campaigns and Activateations department.
Speaker 1: Yes, which is now growing because we.
Speaker 2: Keep promising mugs every bit and.
Speaker 1: Now I know I do, but we really shouldn't make our announcement now do anything we should?
Speaker 2: Do you have any like grand Oscars music or like a drum roll or something.
Speaker 1: You can make it happen. We didn't.
Speaker 2: We didn't prepare this. It was just before the MIC's went on that I was like, oh, should we tell.
Speaker 1: Them yeah, I think we should tell the people here.
Speaker 2: We go something exciting happened in our podcast.
Speaker 1: Well it did. You've been listening to us for well over a year now, that's right.
Speaker 2: As you know, we've been hijacking the Kiss FM studios where we work for the last year while we've been doing this show. And after all this time of invading, our parents have finally decided to adopt us. We have now been signed as an AARN podcast partner with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Where an I podcast.
Speaker 2: That's right, and so we've been signed, Bitch. It doesn't mean much to you, guys, but other than that, in fact that you're going to start here.
Speaker 1: Ads pop up.
Speaker 2: In the middle of the show occasionally, but if one of you assholes winges even once about that, I swear to God, I'm not a fucking charity. I've been doing the show for free for a year. If I've got the opportunity to make money off it, all this means encourage.
Speaker 1: It is that mommy and Daddy are now we're now making back, bitch. We're making right, We're making cash.
Speaker 2: But it's also a big boost for the show. If you listen to kids fmily you might even hear ads for our show throughout the day.
Speaker 1: What are our AD's gotta be.
Speaker 2: I don't know. We haven't gotten to that point. We've only just signed the contract. True, and so you'll also see our videos popping up on you know, the kids to cram all stuff like that. So it's exciting. We're now part of the furniture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are now legally contractually. We have to be careful what we say, otherwise we might be removed from the network.
Speaker 2: I know we're not just sneaking in and like using the studio after ours are actually a product of the business.
Speaker 1: Congratulations Mitchell, congratulations to you too. Cheez. We should have got we had Moi shand on for my birthday.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 1: It's exciting. Anyway, we should continue the show. Wait, we should check in with groundskeeper Jenna actually on location.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, of course, we've even got theme music for her. Guys again on the road.
Speaker 1: She is on location, we should say.
Speaker 2: Usually Jenna is here in the studio with us every week is our third wheel, but this week it's her job trial. She could get a promotion after this. She's going to be our roving reporter today. So she's out on location. The first spot we've sent her to is Blacktown Drive in Cinemas Luxury in Western Sydney.
Speaker 1: I've actually been there on a date. Have you really had all?
Speaker 2: I've never spoke to him again, rightly so, Margot Robbie film can't even remember.
Speaker 1: Remember that he's still waiting at the front reception. Well we'll Mitch Creams return. Actually this came about from an Instagram live we did on Sunday Night, Jy Sunday Night. I don't know where it came from, but we were talking about news crosses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were talking about well you and I were toying with the idea of doing the show from different locations. We would do a show from the Harbor Bridge, or we'd record our podcasts from I don't know, just some random spots. And then we were like, fuck that the studio has got airc on It' summer now in Australia, we'll send Jenna out on the road instead as a roving reporter.
Speaker 1: If it's a real funck place, She's like Jenna producer. Jenna's crossing to us now from a Bilgalo State FORESTO Jenna, I know.
Speaker 2: So we were talking about how on those breakfast TV shows like Sunrise Today show or stuff like that. Their weather reporters just always appear in the most random location and it's just so normal. They're like, oh, Sam Mack is coming to us from a cherry picking farm. It's like, why so, we're just gonna give her random locations to go to every show if she's any good today, but like much less glamorous. Oh, Jenna's coming to us from a dumpster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's on zoom now there, Now it's connected a reporter, a producer. Jenna is officially on the let's just connect her through her. She there or not. She's got terrible Wi Fi. There she is. I'll check camera's not turned on. Jenna, turn your cam on and your microphone.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: If this was the Arias, you'd be fired. She's so far, so good. This is crush. She's definitely in it, says camera and mic off.
Speaker 2: Jenna, turn your fucking ship on.
Speaker 1: We've got groundskeeper Jenna.
Speaker 2: There she is, she's arrived. Jenna, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm Blacktown driving cross to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's happening at the Blacktown drive in?
Speaker 1: You've got Darryl on screen. She's going to perform horses where we're actually. Funnily enough, Van's background jams w.
Speaker 2: So we've sent you to Blackdown Drive in Cinema and by pure coincidence, you're workplace is putting on an event that you would have been at anyway. Oh my god, that's so weird that. Wow, we're so good. Okay, so what's happening. You've got a virtual zoom appearance from Darryl Braithwaite Delta Deltas there.
Speaker 1: Geez from hosting the Arias with Me yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's like, who else is performing at this stupid event?
Speaker 1: It's not stupid, but oh guy Sebastian's brother. Yes, Jenna. Something that's that's really big with journalists are vox pops. Do you know what a vox pop is? I think you run to someone on the street and go, hey, you know what, Jenna, you're live on Channel seven. Are you enjoying?
Speaker 2: Don't say channel seven? Don't lie it, okay, say hey.
Speaker 1: Come on, Jenna, No, no, go up to someone and they'll see us in the studio. Do a live cross, Jennet, go for it. I'm not doing a live cross.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is your job trial for a potential promotion. Now full time our full time reporter.
Speaker 1: If you want to get the role, you'll do a quick foxpot with someone there. I forget about it, get rid of it all right, Thanks Jenna, appreciate it. Jenna Benson, our roving reporter on side of Blacktown RSL. Whatever the hell that is? Thank you, Jenna. And she's been cut, thank you?
Speaker 2: How embarrassing?
Speaker 1: That almost? Doesn't that make me feel bad for what we've done to her?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, we were going to tell her her next her next reporting location, her next assignment.
Speaker 1: Well, considering she was so happy to do it on the Instagram Live like we just mentioned. Yes, we said we'd do a show from the dumpster at the Lenglo State Forest.
Speaker 2: Yes, we were planning all sorts of unglamorous locations to send Jenna to as our roving reporter. And one of them that came up on Instagram Live last Sunday was a coffin, like an actual coffin. Yeah, and I said, okay, well, let's make this happen. Obviously I wanted to bury her, but no, she wasn't down for that. She'd rather do it. She's happy to be in the coffin. But it just has to be kind of hearings.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. Well, here's the thing. I made the call earlier in the day because we had to do it during work hours, and it just so happens that I was here in the studio recording. So I've made the call to the local.
Speaker 2: Casket maker coffin dealer shop. Yeah, coffin deal Yeah, you made some inquiries. We want to actually make this happen, maybe the last show of the year, Jenn, it can be in a coffin.
Speaker 1: Live from a coffin. Yeah. Yeah, So I actually have an update and I have a resolution.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am yet to hear the resolution. I was waiting for the update on the show today.
Speaker 1: You haven't heard it.
Speaker 2: I should say, this idea must sound so whack if someone wasn't watching our Instagram Live, because like I was thinking, is it one of those you had to be their thing? I think like everyone watching on Instagram Live was like caught up in the moment. Oh that's funny. How funny would it be if you've put her in a coffin? But new listeners are.
Speaker 1: Probably like, what the fuck are they doing? This is fat? Yeah, we don't have like the pool of people that watch Instagram Live is very small compared to the listeners of this podcast.
Speaker 2: Anyway, when we with it, I want to know what happened. You called the Coffin dealer.
Speaker 1: Shop, right, I called the Coffin Dealership a couple of hours ago before we started recording, and it went really well. Oh good, I have the audio. I'm going to roll it for you now. He was a lovely guy. He's very very apprehensive to start, but I win him over towards the end. This is me making a call to five Doc Coffins.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's what it's called it caring funeral, caring funerals.
Speaker 1: Well, he was very caring, and I promise I get a plug in, So let's roll the call. The audio from a call fam earlier today, Five Doc Coffins.
Speaker 5: Caring Funerals. Can I help you?
Speaker 1: Good? I is this? This is carrying funerals in five Doc that's right? Yeah, good.
Speaker 8: Hi.
Speaker 1: My name is Mitch how I. Actually I'm recording a podcast right now. We're doing a segment on the show, one of our co ho quiz question. Actually, we have been looking all around Australia and we're wondering if you guys would be maybe potentially open to contract if we'd get a coffin then plug the local business on the podcast.
Speaker 5: We could look at something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we'll local. So we're in Sydney. We actually record really close to five dogs, so we wanted to get one that was as close to us as possible to support local business.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I we'd be working with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah awesome. Well, essentially one of our co hosts. It comes from a fun place. She said that she loves our show so much she dedicates her life to the show. She'd even do the show from a coffin. So that's when we thought, well, let's get one and put it to the test and see if she'll actually do it from the govern you see.
Speaker 5: Yeah, contact, we'll be able to supply you want to help you.
Speaker 1: Oh, that'd be brilliant. A couple questions just to make sure everything's all good. Would she be able to breathe inside the coffin? Yes, so we wouldn't have to make any adjustments.
Speaker 5: No, No, the lids just sort of just sit on. It's plenty of your life. It's not it's not a rubber seal or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Great, great, okay, and considering we're not you know, using the coffin for its intended purpose. It could even just be a higher deal. We get it and we give it straight back. If it's a show one.
Speaker 5: You know, like like.
Speaker 1: A demo coffin, you know, like a can't dealer ship, like a demo, a used model.
Speaker 5: There's the options like that year that gives you the chance to maybe having a you know, a bit better type of one where the half the leak and open up it like a Dracula type one.
Speaker 1: Oh and you know what, she's very pale too, so that'll work. That'll be great, very dracula esque.
Speaker 5: I could send you see some pictures and then oh.
Speaker 1: I would I would love that, so we could get the coffin. We'll plug it hard, we get we get a lot of like at least one hundred thousand listens per day on our pitch, so you get a good amount of business and then I'll help you.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: What was your name?
Speaker 4: Adam?
Speaker 1: Adam? God? You're good? Adam? Now would it be easier for us to come to you or can we get it delivered here? And then how will it work?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 1: You are good? Okay, great, Well I've got and do you have colors? Or is it all sort of a bit, you know, sad dark line.
Speaker 5: We can choose the color.
Speaker 1: Great, Adam, my name's Mitch. I'll be in contact probably in the early next week.
Speaker 5: I can not problem.
Speaker 1: Adam. You're a bloody legend. Thank you so much. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: You've got a real radio voice.
Speaker 1: Oh it helps that I've got the microphone. I think anyone speaking into this it sound like Ray Hadley, So it does it? Does there have you lifting for me? Mate? Old bait? Oh yeah, old bait. Ray? Oh god, Ray and Allen will be in the business for a coffin for themselves very soon. My god, the next generation is coming on up.
Speaker 5: A few people want to put him in, I think, so.
Speaker 1: I know, my god, that Kyle Sandaland's too bloody laugh and.
Speaker 5: Race Batler, I understand the battler's I'm a batler myself. Butler, Butler, No, how can you understand the battler when you're informing and dollar?
Speaker 1: I completely agree. Give us a rest, rape and the and the audience believing they eat it up.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, I know when Kyle rating that was good?
Speaker 1: Wasn't that golden? That was golden? Well, my name is so I actually do the night show at Kiss FM. Oh yeah, so I work with anyway, we'll talk. I'll give you a text next week. Okay, Adam, thanks buddy, appreciate it. Have a great day, so you mate.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have a lot to unpack here.
Speaker 1: He was so keen it will happen.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's willing to work with this. But he kept using the word higher because he realize that contra means that he provides the product and we provide the exposure. We don't pay shit, no, of course.
Speaker 1: But I sort of insinuated that he would be getting this coffin back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he said higher. And I'm like, in what scenario do people do coffin higher? You usually get buried in them?
Speaker 1: Is that not the point? True? Actually, you can't borrow a coffin stays in the earth.
Speaker 2: How do you give it back? Where do you put the person? After he done with the coffin?
Speaker 1: I've got his details, so I will I will make this happen. This can be my mission. But wasn't I good? Come on? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Look, he actually didn't take much vincing. He agreed pretty early on in the call, which is why it's most confusing to me that you proceeded to lie and say that we get one hundred thousand list of the day. If he didn't need to lie, he already agreed.
Speaker 1: I got nervous why he'd already.
Speaker 2: He said, Yep, we can do that, we can work with that. You didn't even question it.
Speaker 1: I wanted to over deliver on the campaign.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, good to know that she won't suffocate in the coffin, because I wasn't down for an open casket. I think if Jenna's going to be doing the show live from a coffin, she's got to be in at lid close. In fact, I hope they bring it in. You know how they kind of wheel the coffin in on that weird stretch of bed thing. Yes, yes, ideally it would be brought into one of those Yeah, and we'd be able to lock it. And then we could push Jenna to a mystery location and she has no idea where she is in the building.
Speaker 1: Oh, then we opened the coffin and then all of a sudden, she goes, how the hell did I get to you know, Wollongong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe we put her in the coffin. Yeah, And then okay, when you text him next week ask if we can borrow the hearse. I think we drive her somewhere.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, do you think that would they have a hearse?
Speaker 2: How else is he delivering the barst You're going to carry it over from five dogs in his torago?
Speaker 1: Ah? God, we did well with that one.
Speaker 2: Is she going to do the whole show with the coffin?
Speaker 1: Yes, the whole thing. She won't be able to get out.
Speaker 2: What do you think it's going to sound like in the coffin? Like it's going to have that hollow wooden sound.
Speaker 1: Her microphone will be muffled totally like this, I turn this mic on.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get under the desk.
Speaker 1: What number is it? Six? Ours are going cold? Three to one. Hi, it's Jenna.
Speaker 2: I'm in a coffin.
Speaker 1: Here we are the episode from a coffin producer, Jenna, How is it in there?
Speaker 2: It's it's very coostrophiing.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Jenna, I believe there's a there's a hand in there, so we've left a hand and a foot in there from the previous owner like person. There's stains on the wall to genera can see. How does it sound sound so convincing? Great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there'll be no trickery about it. She'll actually be in a coffin when we do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Anyway, all right, well last show the year. Get ready, guys, all.
Speaker 2: Right, good to know s to come. Well before we go, Well, believe you've got a talkback tings. You're gonna ruin my segment.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not. I'm gonna make this the best segment ever.
Speaker 2: You better be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is talkback things. You do this set up, I guess, Mitch.
Speaker 2: It's where I find little bits of gold on talkback radio because it's a world of its own that I feel a lot of our listeners don't really get amongst. So they're not familiar with the kind of bizarre magic that happens on talkback radio. Old made at the funeral home. He's fully aware, he listens.
Speaker 1: Oh, the moment I mentioned Ray Hadley, he do life bled into his vat exactly.
Speaker 2: He figured out he had something in common and you went from there exactly. But today you've found the audio I have, and.
Speaker 1: In fact it's a mystery edition.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm a little bit I'm a little bit unsure of what you mean by that.
Speaker 1: No, the thing is, this is a piece of audio that is from an Australian radio station down in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Okay, three A Oh this is big. This is the first time we've ventured outside of two with them.
Speaker 1: Yes, correct, very true. I haven't heard of these announcers before. I'm going to get the date. Hold on, wait there, I actually didn't get this.
Speaker 2: Okay, See, this wouldn't happen if it was me. Like I said, very good storytelling.
Speaker 1: You'll cut this out all right. Three AW News Talk six ' niney three in twenty and twelve. This is eight years ago, Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Well, don't be withholding good information from me. Why is it only.
Speaker 1: Coming up now. Someone called through to the three AW program huh late at night? Someone that you admire very much, right, someone that you look up to, someone who's music you consume. Mitchell Coomb's Lady Gaga called three AW talkback radio to have a chat eight years ago, in twenty twelve.
Speaker 2: Oh god, in twenty twelve, she would have been on the Born This Way ball correct on two. She could have been in an Australia.
Speaker 1: She was in Melbourne on this exact date. That's why your kidding. The mystery is open ended because it was never confirmed nor denied and the dates line up.
Speaker 2: Wow, So Lady Gaga was just sitting around in her hotel room on tour in twenty twelve. We're just tuning the old wireless found a station and it was like, I'm going to have a yarn.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. No one knows if it's her because she never admits to being Lady Gaga. It's almost as if she wanted to call through to talk about how good Lady Gaga was without ever revealing that it was Lady Garda.
Speaker 2: Oh god, it sounds like something that we would do, like we oh, idea a da prank called the radio station. It would have been her and her makeup artist or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one hundred percent, I have it here. Are you ready to roll the mystery talkback Thanks featuring Lady Gaga.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you the audio better not disappoint because so far this is definitely a bit of gold on talkback radio that I haven't heard before.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're gonna love it. I can't believe I haven't heard this. It'll blow you away, and I think out of anyone in the world, you'll be able to decipher if it is in fact. Stephanie Jima roster.
Speaker 2: That wasn't an I would have done the research. Uh, Stephanie, Joeanne, Angelina Geminint.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's roll the audio my jury, first edition of Talkback Teams. Let's go.
Speaker 4: It is thirteen to two Melbourne down three w and A, Birward and Bob. Please hold but right now, Stephanie of Richmond is here. Hello Stephanie, Hello, how are you? I'm good. I hope you're well.
Speaker 10: Yeah, aren't you? Guys? How's the ever.
Speaker 4: You guys?
Speaker 10: Hello?
Speaker 4: Yes, I just didn't catch the last part. Stephanie. How's the weather? Oh, the weather, that's fine, It's fine. Yes, I hope it's fine in Richmond. Well, it's it's a bit drizzly, it's cold, but we seem to be okay. Yes, what else do you want to say?
Speaker 10: I was at a concert on Saturday night. Yes, it was one of the best concerts that had been to Who was it, Lady Graco?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, yeah, of course. Everyone seems to just love it. The John Burns on Break from the Breakfast program said it was better than the first time he saw her.
Speaker 10: I was absolutely I was a speechless her shows her performance. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yes, and how many costume changes were there. I don't know how she does it, though she must have a well, she has arrived with the whole team of people, hasn't she of course to help her do all.
Speaker 10: That stuffy But she does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Speaker 10: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 4: That's all right, Bye, Stephanie, Okay, bye, Now that's it.
Speaker 1: That's the audio.
Speaker 2: Okay. I'm not convinced either way. Either it's her trying to alter her voice to sound different, or it's someone who isn't her trying to sound like her, because there were glimpses of her voice, like it was the vocal right that I was like, oh, that's her, but the tone was not her at all.
Speaker 1: To add to the mystery, there was a full thread on three a W six nine three news talk page that has since been removed. Oh that I was only reading about a month ago when I found this audio.
Speaker 2: Okay, how did you find this audio?
Speaker 1: It was sent to me by contact.
Speaker 2: I can't reveal her, and they probably dis googled that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, dear lady Gaga, call the three a W open line. It's been viewed one hundred thousand times twenty twelve don't forget her voice would have sounded different in twenty twelve too. That was the start. That was the start of her career.
Speaker 2: No, no, I reckon twenty twelve she'd really developed that deep huskinness. She was a bit more baby and mouthy back in two thousand and eight when she first started. She'd been around for a while. In twenty twelve, Henna May says, the dates match up.
Speaker 1: I was there at the concert in Melbourne. That is her voice. Her voice is identical to when I saw her in concert.
Speaker 2: That's not identical to her voice, though. They can't just say that, oh, that's identical to her voice. No, we've all her at at Toobu. You don't have to be at the concert to hear.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's Lady Gaga or not? I don't care either way. I actually think it is her because I love the mental picture of her baked off her mind. She would have been with her makeup artistle you said in a hotel? Shall we just car the radio station? It's a terrible impression.
Speaker 2: God, I mean, I want to believe it's true, but I'm not. I think I think it's more likely some smart ass gay. It would have been someone like you or I. Yeah, it was like, let's go, let's call and pretend to be Lady Gaga calling a radio station.
Speaker 1: There when I podcast in twenty twelve, no one had any real reason other than to do it for their own amusement.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you realize this, but sometimes friends like to have fun together and not record it. Sometimes people just are funny and not for content purposes.
Speaker 1: Very true.
Speaker 2: Do you know how many prank calls I've done that I haven't recorded?
Speaker 1: Really? Oh my word, Actually I've been involved in. That's how this podcast started. I think we're driving back from down the coast with Ring Poppy.
Speaker 2: That's how Coughing Fit Chicken started. I was like, just called the radio station and just cough at them, And then I was like, why was that genius? We need to do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was ridiculous. Should we called three a W nine six three and ask Maybe the phone operator knows about it. Maybe it's a famous thing in the halls of three a W. It's Dot making a comeback, Yes, Dot returning for the second time this episode. What are you going to do?
Speaker 2: You're going to call them and ask about them? MI three just asked straight up.
Speaker 1: Yep, okay music, So.
Speaker 2: Here we go, sorr w.
Speaker 6: My name is dot dot.
Speaker 8: What did you want to chat about?
Speaker 1: Good question?
Speaker 6: I have just discovered YouTube.
Speaker 1: Uh and I look at the clip clips on nine of you and the and the page, and I've seen did Leady Gaga called the thraw three a W? Sorry? Hot nine? Lady Gaga called up the radio program years ago?
Speaker 8: Yes, well we believe, but how do I can't get my head?
Speaker 1: My grandchildren is a little gay grandchild. He loves loves lady. Did it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: It not happen.
Speaker 5: No, well we think it did.
Speaker 8: She was in town.
Speaker 2: It sounds exactly like her.
Speaker 1: And she called herself Stephanie.
Speaker 8: Well that's a real.
Speaker 1: Name, oh, Lady Gaga? Yes, but did she really call?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 9: Who knows?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Story?
Speaker 1: So the rumor in the building, So is it like a like a like a tale told in the building down there?
Speaker 2: No, it's not.
Speaker 9: We do a lot of radio.
Speaker 1: Here in another day, another time.
Speaker 5: Yes, lovely to chat to you, unless you want to talk to Dennis.
Speaker 1: Put me on. No, I'm not sure I want to.
Speaker 2: Are you taking the mickey a little?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 8: Lovely to chat to you.
Speaker 9: I haven't talked to a Dot before name?
Speaker 2: Okay, take care bye. Well she was the right bitch, wasn't she? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think so.
Speaker 2: I've never spoken would done before?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Absolute?
Speaker 3: Just got back?
Speaker 2: You're just trying to snitch on me?
Speaker 1: Just call back while I was bitching. That happened. I didn't do it with my hand. Somebody's going on in this studio. Everything's just stopped working a mystery. What just happened sounds creepy?
Speaker 2: Well they Well, I'll make bitch tips believes that it was Lady Gaga.
Speaker 1: She went straight into it, knew exactly what Dot was talking about.
Speaker 2: Well as if she's never spoken to someone called Dot.
Speaker 1: It's three eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know everyone's called Dot.
Speaker 1: And common John. How have you impressed my talkback things? How would you rated out of ten? Because I was impressed with it?
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a few categories that I can work around. The content itself, the audio ten out of ten, My level of intrigue ten out of ten. Your research rubbish?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I would take points off myself.
Speaker 2: This is just my own perfection. This is not like a criticism of you, per se, but it fucks me off so much that you don't use our wosh. You know the little sound effect that I used to top and tail every piece of audio I play. It's like a little bookend. Whenever we play.
Speaker 1: A ground here, it's like isolated.
Speaker 2: Find an old grab of mine and you'll see that. I put our bet at the little beep thing at the start and end, so that you know when it starts and when it finishes.
Speaker 1: Right, So we have.
Speaker 2: A right So I put the little but at the start and finish. You do not. It's just like a cold start, yes, And so the audio just kind of starts and then it finishes, and I don't know because we went through this whole process in our very first episode. I brought on these Wosh options and we settled that wash and you don't even fucking use.
Speaker 1: It selected it. So so you're mad that I just played it.
Speaker 4: Is thirteen to two Melbourne like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, had the because that's our It's like it's an identifier. It's part of our show's identity.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I've got the wosh here isolated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I put them in there in the first episode. They should all be there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, true, it is so I could just play it and play the audio. If that would make you happier and get me to ten out of ten points, you.
Speaker 2: Would, actually, I feel like there's got to be an easy way, though, you're really going.
Speaker 1: To do yees Oh, here's the three.
Speaker 2: A W trick you like to click one and click the other really quickly.
Speaker 1: Here's a three a W call and let me put it on two different faders. Wait there, okay, all right, here is the Lady Gaga three a W call.
Speaker 4: It is thirtey to two Melbourne time.
Speaker 2: Yes, did they give you a little countdown so you'll know when the grab's about to finish?
Speaker 9: Bye?
Speaker 4: Definitely take care.
Speaker 1: Beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was good.
Speaker 1: Actually, ten out of ten. What a brain power to be honest. I can't commit to that every week. My fat fingers are already exhausted.
Speaker 2: It's nice to get it off my chest, though it's always bothered me. I don't know if people listening to this episode have any future plans of listening back to old episodes, but please keep an ear out. I always put our woosh we as a team.
Speaker 1: Traded to as a family, the unit the listeners trying yeap very.
Speaker 2: True, and then you've just abandoned her and you don't ever bother to put her on your sound effect.
Speaker 1: That's a very busy week with our host of the fucking Arius in your break.
Speaker 2: I love that the isolated wosh is still there. We could do like a fake grab.
Speaker 1: Yeah we could.
Speaker 2: I'll be a news reporter. A podcast stunt gone wrong has ended a young woman's life. Twenty six year old Jenna Benson was broadcasting from within a coffin as part of a gag dared by her co hosts Mitchell Churi and Mitchell Coombs when she struggled to breathe and they thought she was kidding. She then perished. Here is the last moments as she struggled.
Speaker 1: For her she struggled for breath.
Speaker 2: Of course, absolutely shocking scenes. Let's go out of our political report. You get what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I know what you mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we could.
Speaker 1: It's too lazy to do it.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 1: Ah very fun, aren't they love the wosh? It's a good wosh. Should for season three? Should we change up the wash?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not?
Speaker 1: We could? What is it? Sounds a fucking star trek thing up the spaceships crashing into the globe nor.
Speaker 2: Eric, No, I will not have this you you agreed to that woosh.
Speaker 1: As a special place in my heart, wouldn't it be absolutely supressing it? People are going to get confused.
Speaker 2: Would it wired their brains to think that that's a start and finish of an old piece of audio?
Speaker 1: Anyway, guys, Anyway, we're back next week, episode fifty one, and then it's the downward slope to the new year. We haven't worked out how many more episodes until where we're going to wrap up for season two, but we'll have an announcement on that soon.
Speaker 2: Well, I now have the next seven weeks of sleeping in. Well, I don't have to set my three forty five am alarm again until like mid January. Kyle and Jack you are on holiday, so I don't have to get up early anymore.
Speaker 1: So I've got all.
Speaker 2: I've got so much life in me, I can just power through.
Speaker 1: Are you going away? No bogen Gate Christmas? Yeah, I will be heading back home. We'll talk about that in the Christmas episode. We will be back. I just assume we're doing a Christmas episode, probably back next week.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening. Five star review if you don't mind, and if you want to join the secret Facebook group full of idiots. There's a lot of behind the scenes of gost too and stuff that we don't talk about on this podcast. Conversation extends Endurant Idiots.
Speaker 2: That's right, the Facebook group Durant Idiots. You've got to answer the question to get in, though you don't get the answer.
Speaker 1: Yes, you made one viral TikTok about in during idiots, and now we have hundreds of people trying to enter.
Speaker 2: We don't let them unless they know the answer to the entry questions.
Speaker 1: So good lack crafty, all right, We will see you guys next week. Thanks for listening to Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Catch it by just me.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app or follow on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Welcome to add Brief. This is the secret segment on the end. We hope to trick people out of listening, and this is the answer you need to get into the Facebook group. Yea, their question is what's the name of the secret segment? The answer is add brief and everyone else. We've got all these pending people and it says like, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, let's go to one now. Someone said I just follow your TikTok.
Speaker 2: Well, then you're not getting in the growth, you don't count as a valued listener.
Speaker 1: Sorry, endurant idiots. The name endurant me idiots means that you are endurant enough you listen to the secret segment exactly, or someone here, what's the name add brief? They don't get the joke, they're just spelling add.
Speaker 2: Brief dumbass is Honestly, hey.
Speaker 1: This can often be like the crunchy chips at the bottom of a chip bag. That can be the best. At other times it could be the simply the worst.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, totally that it's usually garbage, Like we just come on weird tangents and talk shit. I liked was it last week when we called our parents?
Speaker 1: That was cute? Actually? Yeah, we got my parents and my sister. You know that.
Speaker 2: I for the very first time uploaded something from A to D Brief as an episode like highlights. Really yeah, it went up at its own standalone little pre was it us calling our parents? Because it was quite good? So that was something good that came.
Speaker 1: Out of ady debrief that made some people cry.
Speaker 2: It did, and it really showed off how different our parents are.
Speaker 1: There's one thing we've learned. If something works, let's do it until it's dead. So why don't we ring. Let's ring your sister.
Speaker 2: But then we have to call your sisters to show that how different the sisters are to each other.
Speaker 1: We called my sister last week, so avidles, so just take a mental mise it last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well in a nutshell, what are your siblings like? Are they different to you?
Speaker 1: Well, my sister's a cop, straight to the point, very funny. My older sister and we get along like a house on fire. She's very me than my younger sister. No, she's just cute to boot, very introverted, very smart and sensible. Yeah, okay, the opposite of me in some ways.
Speaker 2: Well, me and my siblings, we couldn't be more polar opposites to each other in terms of like on the surface, Yes, because nicole's quite a you know, sensible, polite, very nice, well mannered family woman. Yes, she's got children married, yep, very wholesome as a house to look after a dog. And then my brother is a fucking dopey, straight trady that faces football and is always covered in dirt and has a bruise at least some spot in his body. Man of very few words like absolute Oka a bloke, and then there's me who's just a bloody efffescentt drunk.
Speaker 1: Puff exactly right.
Speaker 2: How do we all come from the same parents.
Speaker 1: I want to bring your sister then, out of those comparisons, I've met your sister.
Speaker 2: We're very similar in terms of sense of I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna say the same jokes that I get last from from you, I got from her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like she we have the same That's what That's what I meant when I said that, like on the surface we're very different from but where very personality wise, Mark Nicole and I that's ring Nicole.
Speaker 1: Sure, send me a number past the phone.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like the kids might be in bed.
Speaker 1: What are they called again, Jemimah? Now we're in Anna Moses and thank you.
Speaker 2: So I I wonder if they'll talk to me on the phone. I talked them on video chat a lot, but they have never I don't think I've thrown some on the phone.
Speaker 1: Before first or they like the Mormon kids that don't know what the phone is.
Speaker 2: They play ipatternship. Also, she does she hates phone calls. She did answer Hello is Mitchell and Mitchell?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: Hi, what's happening.
Speaker 9: You just reading bedtime stories?
Speaker 1: Well, don't let us stop, you continue, they are still awake.
Speaker 2: I was just saying I wasn't sure, but.
Speaker 1: It sounds like she's at a crash. What book you're reading him?
Speaker 2: I don't know. What's a book called?
Speaker 9: What's the book about? It's called find Out About Feelings? And on each page it talks about some kid and what they did that day, and then it's like, do you think they felt happy? You're sad, and you've got to lift the flap and choose the right expression for what they were feeling.
Speaker 2: It's actually quite helpful, am I one speaker? You were?
Speaker 9: But then I couldn't hear you because will be polite.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, I was going to say hi to Noah.
Speaker 9: Noah un wants to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Hi, Noah, WHI are you going to Anna Pops for Christmas? What? I'll see you there.
Speaker 1: Christmas?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: How cute? I can't wait. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 2: I feel like you get him a better Christmas present now? And Noah, it's me, you know, so Noah, maybe maybe maybe it's time to get you some new shoes. I know that your current favorite pair I got you right, Do you have a new favorite color?
Speaker 9: Who?
Speaker 1: Blue?
Speaker 2: Who can do? What about Anna?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 9: Hello?
Speaker 1: Oh I got to the bark.
Speaker 2: Uncle. Is that Anna saying nana?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I thought so yea not getting anything?
Speaker 1: Do they live in a westfield in a food court?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 1: Anna up? I'll forget about it. Hangouf family, Merry Christmas. I did not decide for any of that.
Speaker 8: You know, Sorry, they're climbing or I got no idea?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And put him to bed and cover wine?
Speaker 5: Drink?
Speaker 1: Oh, have an apple, juice? Lea something spiky blood sugar?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Have I couldn't do that with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fine, her life, she's happy. Yeah, No, they're not usually like that. They usually I can have a conversation with them. But even over the phone, I don't know what that was about.
Speaker 1: She was like, I'm reading them a book? Is that read?
Speaker 2: I don't want to make wild and baseless claims about my sister's parenting, but it sounded like she doped them. They were just like in Unison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost like someone was giving them a Chinese burn on their arm consistently for thirteen minutes. I'm not even convinced there was two of them there. It sounded like they were fourteen. Maybe she's secretly at the pub and she just went shit because she doesn't drink. Oh yeah, how does she not drink and have that life? The only thing that to get me through parenthood?
Speaker 2: Well, no, it's going to be happy to see me. That's good.
Speaker 1: And I don't even have any babies to call prepare to see if mine.
Speaker 2: He's got It's like a thing every year that I get Noah and Anna the little kids size Converse shoes and they're so cute. I can't wait to go find new once for Christmas this year.
Speaker 1: And we've got hate and are in the Blenciaga store over the weekend because it was a sale, the only reason we can afford to go there, and they've got little mini Blenciaga shoes are like eight thousand dollars for babies. It's like their football grow in six months and they'll never be able to wear them again.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the waste.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do that. I address my children exclusively and came out, Oh no, my brother's up to can you call him to as well? While we're at it? Are we going to call one of your siblings? We can call if you want.
Speaker 2: You know, it's only if you feel like it's actually gonna highlight how different there. You don't have to do you don't want to.
Speaker 1: My little sister will hate that we call her on the podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh would she.
Speaker 1: Hate it, would not enjoy it at all.
Speaker 2: Oh, Mark's been on before, actually has been before when we did straight talk Yeah with Pether. So we've established that Nicole is wrangling her herd of children, trying to put into bed. Let's see what marks up to see if there's any stark difference.
Speaker 1: Probably a lake fishing on the spit. Put a girl on the spit, pa. Maybe Dutch would come back. What's something that he does?
Speaker 4: It's not available.
Speaker 2: It's probably the private numbers.
Speaker 8: Get an audio.
Speaker 6: Wiggins here, you popped into my apartment the other day to work on the brick work. Just say the brilliant job, the cooking and the ground fantastically done. Should say that, proud, thank you darling?
Speaker 2: Who Yeah, I love that. That's become dots like now a catchphrase.
Speaker 1: You're saying.
Speaker 2: Who questions that make no sense? How old are you?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 1: You can't speak to? Neil? You one more time? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Go on, try again. I reckon. He wouldn't have answered because it's a private number.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: If you persist, he'll answer, Yeah, I probably think it's the FEDS. He's probably on the run, let's be honest, so he might be dodging the call on purpose. I'll just be me.
Speaker 1: It's fine.
Speaker 2: I think we've exhauced the dot enough for one episode.
Speaker 10: More.
Speaker 2: He'll be like, oh, fuck, they called again, maybe should answer, And then the third time he'll go, ah, a better take it off to.
Speaker 1: Some girl that he found at the local pub. He's a gentleman.
Speaker 2: About time you answered. I said you'd answer on the third one. No, Mark, I'm calling from this studio or doing the podcast.
Speaker 1: Two I'm here as well, mate.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't worry, No, you just need to answer a question. Honestly, it's nothing bad. We just we're just checking in to see how different my siblings are to each other and myself. So we've already called Nicole and asked what she's up to. So what are you currently up to?
Speaker 4: Not much?
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks for your time, right, I appreciate you coming.
Speaker 5: You want to know what I'm doing? Yeah, honest, watching some cricket on the TV From twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: What's the room?
Speaker 2: Couldn't you just google the result?
Speaker 8: Noah, I've saying it before. Not much on.
Speaker 1: So it's like when you go back and watch an episode of Friends, except it's a four hour game of cricket.
Speaker 8: It's a test match.
Speaker 5: It goes to five days.
Speaker 1: What day are you on?
Speaker 8: One?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: You going to make it to the end?
Speaker 8: I don't know how long do you reckon?
Speaker 1: It goes for five days? As in what is as in?
Speaker 2: What is a one day?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, like fucking six hours or something?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did I get that right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Fuck doesn't even know. I just had to get that.
Speaker 2: But don't they have to do like don't they because it's the gentlemen's sport. They don't have halftime. They have lunch and and recess and ship.
Speaker 8: They do, yes, lunch and tea and ship like that.
Speaker 1: Jesus grow up. They would have been ball tampering in the in twenty twelve as well. They wouldn't given a ship.
Speaker 8: I'll get over it, Mitchell.
Speaker 1: It's the one reference I know and.
Speaker 2: I got anyway, who's winning the.
Speaker 1: Indies or the West, the West Indies or the North INDIESH yeah, that's North North Indies. They want those ashes.
Speaker 2: Do they have teams like the North Indy, the North Indy Mighty Ducks, or like the South Pakistan Slot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this was weird, or the Mumbai Monkeys.
Speaker 8: They do not the international teams. But then you have your competitions in India where they have the Mumbai whatever.
Speaker 1: You just say, monkeys by monkeys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: I like the tristled and Tigers my team. Yeah, we'll enjoy Mitch. You and I are part of the Paramount of Puffs. Yeah I bet yeah, we are. Love a bit of ball tampering, all right, just joking. Thank you for coming on, buddy, We appreciate it.
Speaker 8: No, no, thank you for your time. It was buddy, unreal.
Speaker 2: Next time you get a call from a private number, just assume it's us.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, well, I will ring three times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew one card, all right, Markey, love you to work, Love you to work, Love you to bits. See buddy, he's gone, should quickly ring. Becky Cheery got the other one. Now she won't outs. I'm telling you now, Oh go on, I'll try. She'll know I'm recording. They all know that my radio shows on in nine minutes.
Speaker 2: I have to go, doesn't matter. I'll go on with you know, you're the one that wanted to call your sister.
Speaker 1: Sorry was the MICLM, she'll be freaking out going, who is this?
Speaker 8: Hi, it's Rach. Leave a message.
Speaker 1: That that's my other sister because Rachel didn't want to do her. Okay, that thuns that that's Becky doing Rachel's voicemail. Blessed a bit, So I do have to go. The radio show is on very soon. If you want to hear my sister Becky, go to the last week's episode and you can hear her chat. Great episode, see episode fifty. Want happy fifty of Darling and congratulations on signing.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, right back at you, Dylan.
Speaker 1: We're now on iHeart podcast. If there's an ad for you know, Australian eggs after this, Hey, I know we laughed at it a year ago, but it's making us money right now, so we'll take what we can get, all right.
Speaker 2: We'll catch you back next week.
Speaker 1: So yeah,