Speaker 1: Unapologetically Black would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the lands where this podcast is being hurt or watched across this great island continent now known as Australia and across the world. We would also like to pay our respects to elders past and present and acknowledged that this always was and always will be Aberaginal Lands.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Unapologetically Black with Ginny, Mara and Will.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to another episode of Unapologetically Black. My name's Ginny and I'm joined by my co hosts Mara and Will. What's up with you two?
Speaker 4: God?
Speaker 5: I just had like a let's say, shot of alcohol of aspirin, penicillin, parasita.
Speaker 1: Was there?
Speaker 5: Do you know the ones you drink though? Because I got a headache. I love them because I'm going.
Speaker 1: To have them when you have a heart attack?
Speaker 3: You do you think it kind of tastes like sperm.
Speaker 4: No, that tasted like mar She wouldn't know, apparently in fifteen I've never done it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's an episode after dark episode, so maybe after this.
Speaker 4: Back to the shot. I had the shot because I've got a head I've got a bit of a headache.
Speaker 5: Attention headache because I had I had a bit of a bit of a touch up this week, and my I'm feeling very tweet. Okay, let's let's touch up on what well, so me botox was feeling a little kind of drab?
Speaker 1: Okay, can we go back to the start? Is that right? It's a spermal. I don't want to talk about that.
Speaker 4: Do you want to talk about that?
Speaker 1: I want to talk about how did you actually get to a point where you was like, I need to get this done? Talk to us.
Speaker 5: I haven't even got to the fact, that fucking fact that I've got a headache from bowtox.
Speaker 4: I got this one. You want to get back to live to memorize.
Speaker 3: Raise your eyebrows.
Speaker 5: I can't ready watch like watching that's me moving my throat, I'm squinting. I'm like I might freeze my face. They call me frozen, show me.
Speaker 4: That's what he's like? Fucking what do you call it? When you get there? Yes, you got that frownd lines. I'm like that.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'll never get rid of this, no amount of botox. I'm sorry, No.
Speaker 5: You will, though, I've got like I look like I've got a vagina in my forehead.
Speaker 1: Have you seen a vagina.
Speaker 4: I'll share my I'll share, I'll.
Speaker 5: Share my first time with a woman and after dark. If you want to hear that story, come and fucking subscribe to it.
Speaker 6: But the forehead, that's the vagina's on my forehead, right is it's these big deep lines. The point is he's big, big depats, that big hole with wearing studs for people.
Speaker 1: They've just kind of joined us just down it.
Speaker 4: We haven't even got to the deeper it. I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: Ive got a headache because I've got botox, and now you want to talk about maybe Betty on my forehead or it's so confused anyway, I took.
Speaker 3: The I'm sorry, yes, so that should be never allowed.
Speaker 4: Add that to the list.
Speaker 3: Of things, not the fanny.
Speaker 4: Or the moist fanny. Now you're killing me anyway, So the boat.
Speaker 5: I've got a headache, and I've just taken some paracetamol because I've got a headache, because I feel like I've got I've had a lot put in this time around, because I'm like, I'm going away.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's talk about mills. What are we talking about? What are you putting you in? Know?
Speaker 5: I said to my lady and say, hey, dove makes me. I want to be like fucking Ana from Frozen. Let it go, like let the wrinkles go type mentality.
Speaker 4: Let it go.
Speaker 1: I want to feel like I think he's gonna say, I want to look like a Kardashian.
Speaker 4: No, bitch, I want to be frozen.
Speaker 1: Hey Chloe, do you really want to be frozen? Look?
Speaker 4: Am I moving? Like that's I'm literally tensing my forehead?
Speaker 1: Use that?
Speaker 3: Am I moving?
Speaker 4: Because I'm actually trying to move?
Speaker 1: If only you could see yourself right.
Speaker 4: Now looking the look in the camera, does at once be ready?
Speaker 3: Why are you doing that face? That be moving my foret like this.
Speaker 4: Because that's the only thing that fucking moves my face. You have my good friend.
Speaker 5: My good friend recalls me, recalls me, recall she calls me Ramona from fucking The Real Housewife because she's frozen when she walks down that runway like this, that's what I feel like.
Speaker 4: She's going to look.
Speaker 3: She blinks to make.
Speaker 4: Up for the Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I've got I've got I've got a lot. I've got a botox on this week, and I had a filler and stuff done.
Speaker 1: Where's a filler?
Speaker 4: Wherever? I had it done.
Speaker 1: Where is the feller?
Speaker 5: So I've had filler in my cheeks, so not my cheeks, so I've had filler in my creases here, which is.
Speaker 4: Like the painful. No.
Speaker 5: I find botox hurts more than filler. I've had feeler in my jaw.
Speaker 1: Just before.
Speaker 4: For the listeners, I was a fucking swollen dog. I was that big.
Speaker 1: I was a hundred and he was.
Speaker 7: I can say I know he he was running me down like I'm not in the room.
Speaker 4: But I was a swell I was swollen. I was very large.
Speaker 5: I'm six foot one. I was one hundred and sixty kiels. I held it quite well, but I was a big boy and I lost. I've lost like I lost sixty eight kilos, And in.
Speaker 4: Doing so, I looked like I had fucking like cancer or something. My face was all trawny. Well you know when people get sick, I lose all of it.
Speaker 5: So I've had quite puffy cheeks, but the rest of my face went down. So I said, fuck this, fill my face up. I want to look like I'm youthful. I feel good about myself, and yeah, I look like I'm fucking fifty years old.
Speaker 4: No, thank you, so I went and did it, and I don't even regret it. I love this, so I did it.
Speaker 1: How does how do people the every day? Because not only blackfellows listen to this podcast, right right, I would hope that more people kind of feel like this is for them, And I hope you know, if if this is for you, thank you for listening and following us and joining.
Speaker 4: We decided here.
Speaker 1: We're so thankful. We always don't even think they were excluding you. If we refer to you all as our mob, it just means family community. Well, for anyone that's listening, how do you find the right person?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 4: Is it referral? So I've been through anyone?
Speaker 1: No I need or happy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been through maybe six or seven people in my course of getting it done.
Speaker 1: This is exactly what I want to touch on.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're all and I'm talking about myself as well.
Speaker 4: Have you had it done?
Speaker 1: We're all getting old. Speak of yourself younger.
Speaker 4: I'm frozen, bitch, I'm fucking twenty two at heart.
Speaker 3: He's from the elixir.
Speaker 1: I've had a couple of kids. All right, you can't really well you can actually if you want to spend more money, but I would not me, but my husband doesn't want me to look like frozen.
Speaker 4: Done, you say, because I look like I'm fucking bad. I look for I don't look like I've had heats, but I forgot. Oh, there's a fucking lot of okay.
Speaker 1: So my husband doesn't want me to start fucking with my features, doesn't want me to do that, So I respect him. He married me. He loves who I am, and he wants me to kind of love who I am as well. So I try my hardest to love who I am. And it took me a long time to get to that point. I went and had the sleeve done right only because I had chronic diseases. I had sleep apnea, and I had diabetes. So for me to make that decision was really about living longer for my kids. So I had the sleeve done three years ago. I lost sporty kilos and all of my weight. Even though I lost like thirty kilos in twelve weeks, I came in and then all of my loose skin just dropped down. So for me, I started. I actually became more.
Speaker 4: Depressed after surgery right, and I.
Speaker 1: Did not love one bit of myself. I loved who I was before most people would say that I was voluptuous and voluptuous voluptuous? Is that he pronounced voluptuous?
Speaker 5: Was everyone looking at me because you're the one who fucking craft matale and all the rest of the stuff, right.
Speaker 4: Pronunciation.
Speaker 1: I just love the fact that I actually I wasn't one hundred percent happy within my own skin after having babies, but I got to a point where I didn't give a fuck.
Speaker 5: So the question I have, then, what if you had done.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you I got no shame in this ship. I've just spent about one hundred k.
Speaker 4: Dollar figures. I don't want to okay.
Speaker 1: I don't want any of our listeners to go okay, weight loss surgeries for me because I've got chronic diseases. That's only one part of it. It's then after you lose all of that weight in like, you know, twelve weeks, what are you gonna do? You're gonna keep kind of tucking that ship away and wearing these body suits and stuff, which my husband calls the batman suit God, and that made it worse trying to get and I would hide so he didn't see me in my what's those suits called.
Speaker 4: It's got a far I'm sorry, it's got a far right. That's so that I guess the moral of that.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Afar. Yeah, those suits are called flattened you.
Speaker 4: I never wore one, of.
Speaker 1: Course it's not of course, of course that's only here.
Speaker 3: Okay, but listen, what about all of the body. Technically it's called afar ha.
Speaker 1: Well, my sister girls don't even know that.
Speaker 3: Like they can start here and they go all the way up and what they mean.
Speaker 2: After after so lost the weight and about a year after I had literally three kilos of excess skin hanging off my belly that covered my VIJJ.
Speaker 4: So that's what we call a food, pa.
Speaker 1: Actual food.
Speaker 4: We call the Western Sydney a gun.
Speaker 1: Oh my dad used to call it that. There were certain employees, Oh my.
Speaker 4: God, do you know what a gun is? I guess you know.
Speaker 1: It's mixed up with the C and the G.
Speaker 3: Here and the G is here and together.
Speaker 1: So my I used to and a lot of my staff would know this that when we travel, I'd be in the hotel room and literally it was like my friend, I would be entertained by this three kilos of excess skin I was. I'd lay there and plating TV in the land room and not even think what I was doing. Was like, it wasn't to me. It wasn't like discussing or wrong. I was kind of like, what is it? I was not playing with that anything else. So listen, I've got this three kilos of XRA skin hanging over my lower abdomen and I was like, I need to go and talk to someone to get rid of it. So I didn't know that that was actually called a tummy tuck. I actually never googled it. So my first surgery, I had a abdominoplastic and that was basically a tummy tuck. I waited another year and I had a breast reconstruction, so I had three kilos removed off my breast. So that was pretty full on. I came home and Peace was like, wow, there there's not much left. So I was like, well, give me a year to recover and I'm going to go get the loose off my back. So the third surgery was nine hours and four kilos removed off my back. Wow. That was an upper and lower body lifting. Which one was the most painful, I would say the tummy tuck because they sow the insights in your muscles and the external as well. So when you wake up, you're severely hunched over and you've got to learn to walk again. It's like you're learning to stretch your spine.
Speaker 5: You've had you've had a tummy tuck, so bastrix lee first and tummy tuck.
Speaker 4: Tummy tuck and breast reconstruction and then the back surgery.
Speaker 1: Then when I had the back surgery to bring my lower and upper back in and pull myself up, they then took the fat from my back and put it back into my breast, so I don't have implants there natural, but it gave me a little bit more kind of volume, a bit more umph volume. Jesus, Well, that's full surgeries. If one is in the pipeline, the fifth one back to we have vagina answered the fucking question though, have you had botox?
Speaker 6: And we've gone straight to talk about next meeting it.
Speaker 4: The fucking life story with all of them k later.
Speaker 5: So back to botox and filler because we're talking about my frozen face and the fact that I've got a fucking ache.
Speaker 4: Have you had it done? I tried it, and what do you think about it?
Speaker 1: My dentist, who I never thought. Just sorry. My dentist actually said let me do this. I didn't ask, I didn't go there for it. She just did it.
Speaker 6: We'll be back right after this break.
Speaker 5: So we were talking about botox, and Mars just went and and sheared, like literally her whole plastic surgery journey. Jin, have you had botox or filler or anything?
Speaker 1: Yes? I have.
Speaker 3: Would I have had botox, and I've had I did some filler in my lips, probably a good like I want to say, close to ten years ago. It was a really long time ago, but I like botox. I liked the filler, but it also scared the fuck out of me. So it was the one time and you know, when you first I don't know, have you had your lips done?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've had my lips.
Speaker 3: Have you had your lips done?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Okay. So the first time I ever got my lips done, you literally look like a baboons asked for a fucking three days, and I I have paranoia, and I thought, I'm that one percent of people that don't come back from this, you know what I mean. I literally was like calling the nurse and I was like, it's not going down. She's like, it's only been seven hours. No, wait, a few days. I literally was crying to everyone who would listen to me.
Speaker 1: I've made a misstad.
Speaker 5: I've never had the problem. So I've had probably four.
Speaker 4: Meals in my lips.
Speaker 1: Right is that a lot? That's a lot.
Speaker 5: You go back to old photos I had like I think, like I think I was gummy Kathy, Like I was literally I was given gobbies with.
Speaker 4: No gums, right, Like, that's how bad it was. Gummy Kathy.
Speaker 1: And my mother was Kathy.
Speaker 4: Kathy Riley Kathy from the neighborhood. I had no apple lip.
Speaker 3: Just in like comparison, I put point two in my lily.
Speaker 5: Maybe not four there, no, maybe, And I've had I've probably had four, yeah, maybe four overtime right over time, but as I mean like four build it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never bruised like that.
Speaker 5: So I get it done, I'd probably be swollen for maybe six hours and then I'm not.
Speaker 4: I love the swelling look.
Speaker 6: So a good friend of mine, who we know, which I won't name, but she'll know who I'm talking about, when she got the marl na.
Speaker 5: Honestly, she had it done. She looked like do you know how like a prolapse butthole. That's what her lips looked like. They were so big, and it was like it was fair.
Speaker 3: Some people like that, look, I.
Speaker 4: Quite like it. I want to look swollen.
Speaker 5: Then my lip goes down like, oh, I could probably do more more and I think because I've got a beard also, it kind of covers it a little bit.
Speaker 4: But if you look back at old.
Speaker 5: Photos, I went from Kathy no upper lip to all of a sudden having like a bit of shape.
Speaker 3: Would you do your lips?
Speaker 4: No, you wouldn't do it. Now I think you're a good lip, so you don't.
Speaker 3: You've got beautiful lips.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Well, these lips you're not made for.
Speaker 1: They're not made for all things and other things other people think they are used for. But these lips make money, but not in that way. So let me just say this, how much does it cost? Never say never? I like Botoks once and I was like, oh this is interesting. But it lifted my eyebrows.
Speaker 3: Yes, it does change.
Speaker 1: It lifted my eyebrows. And my husband literally said to me like.
Speaker 4: Stop, well.
Speaker 3: Are you okay?
Speaker 1: So the more I said that that he noticed, and then my niece, my beautiful niece. Lily says to me, Ah, you had botox. And I looked at him and go, how do you know?
Speaker 4: Because you look surprised. Motherfucker.
Speaker 1: She said, because your eyebaar eyebrows are on point, and I said, I've always wanted on point eyebrows. I had no idea that it changed my eyebrows. So I did it once and then I was kind of like, did you do it again? I hate pain. That's why I've never had a tattoo, so I don't like you just talk.
Speaker 3: Whole coffee body out but you're asleep.
Speaker 4: But the after pain though.
Speaker 1: Oh the art pain is full on. You've got a lot of more feet to help you recover. But with botox, you're awake.
Speaker 4: I'll be honest. Botox like that, it's stingy. The filler. I can deal with the filler the botox.
Speaker 1: What's the difference for our listeners that are listening, what's the difference between filler and botox?
Speaker 4: Look, I'm no nurse. By n don't take anything.
Speaker 5: But what I do know when when you get filler, it's really interesting because you're not numbs, but they use like a little thing to prick your skin. And then they put the canular in and they literally can they put a Look again, I'm not a professional. I don't know what the thing's called. There's a needle in my face and she's.
Speaker 6: Sculpting like when she does my jaw, sculpting my jaw with this needle and like laying the way are away away like I've gotta do that ship.
Speaker 3: You've gone way too far from me. Now what do you mean, I'm out.
Speaker 4: I'm out. I've got to go.
Speaker 5: It's a plastics. No, they can't. They put it pricking your face. They put the needle in, and then they kind of build it. It's like it's like build a bed. They stuffed the builder band, they funnel the builder beand through the legs of the build a bed.
Speaker 3: I just did one last week.
Speaker 6: It's the same thing, right to building exactly. So they're building my jaw or they building my lips or whatever.
Speaker 1: They're doing that.
Speaker 3: And so how often are you doing.
Speaker 4: Every six eight months? Depending on.
Speaker 1: Is one visit?
Speaker 4: Let's not talk about price.
Speaker 3: No, we need to know.
Speaker 1: Is it like one thousand?
Speaker 4: Not a lot more?
Speaker 3: A lot more?
Speaker 4: Oh mind you, I got a really nice place. And this is why.
Speaker 5: So when you talk about how when you find I've gone through six people and this one woman I've met now who I trust.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't. I wouldn't. I wouldn't get anyone else to do certain things well.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing, right, because a nerve and you're.
Speaker 4: Out no like face just dress.
Speaker 1: I couldn't. That's why I'm scared of that ship.
Speaker 4: So the place I go is very repetible, repeatable. We are reputable, reputable.
Speaker 6: Fucking hell, it's got a very good reputation and it's it's run by plastic surgeon. And the nurse that I go to she's got like a master's in nursing and whatever.
Speaker 5: So like I trust her and I've never had any problems. So I feel like when you find someone you then kind of push the boundaries of what you would normally. Like I want to go, Joe, I would say, I was going to this like backyard bend at once.
Speaker 4: You should, my god, I rock up to this fucking place. You get like we works? Yeah, we were like the office space. Yeah, they've got we works for medical professionals. They do. I went to Edgecliffe in Sydney find them on like an app.
Speaker 5: I got referred from a friending book the appointment, get there and this lady greets me and as she she has to let me into this building. So she comes down and gets me and as I'm walking to Jelevad and she walks in front. No, she's got an ankle bracelet on. So I was like, oh, Auntie's obviously on paroles.
Speaker 4: Good for usis no?
Speaker 5: I thought, good for you having a job, right, So that was my first red flag because like, oh fuck, this looks a bit dodgy. Second, I went to this like this we work space for medical professions and there were just a bunch of women standing around doing this botox.
Speaker 4: I was like, well, I'm not getting fucking filler at.
Speaker 3: This like open space.
Speaker 4: Like now they had like medical rooms if you were going and be this way.
Speaker 5: That proper, but well it was yeah, look it was proper, but it was weird because they're like, oh, we're gonna do feel I was like, no, no, we're not, because like, if you hit a nerve, I'm fucked, and I don't trust that anybody hit it. Yeah, So because one of the ladies looks like also she had too much done, so that's also a red flag. Anyway, the new place I'm seeing is amazing. It's got another referral from a friend. And I think when you find someone that's good that wants to make you frosten like I am, you stick with frost and frozen friendy like frozen friend, No friend, not Fenny.
Speaker 4: Fuck you, Fanny and the forests frozen now. But I think referrals are always good.
Speaker 5: So if you are gonna like consider getting surgery, though, get referrals, because Mari, you referred me to my doctor. Because like you, I've had weight loss surgery. I've also had a tummy tuck and you are one thousand percent right that the fucking after pain is like it's it's full on. It's nothing short of like the twelve weeks it took me to recover and even.
Speaker 1: Now two weeks. I told you, No, I.
Speaker 4: Didn't take your fucking two weeks. Don't lie.
Speaker 5: You were out. You were out on two weeks and then you had fucking septic semi or whatever it was. What'd you happen? She got sick from it because the doctors like you got to stay home. She thought no good Monday our bales bean Monda O Boughs thought she could defeat the world a silly country and then she gets fucking sick from it.
Speaker 1: That was the second third surgery, by the way. Well, so the second surgery, which was my tummy, that was my first actually two weeks recovery. The breast was two weeks recovery. The third surgery.
Speaker 5: You did two weeks recovery because it took me four weeks just to be able to have fucking stand up straight after it.
Speaker 1: I went back to work two weeks later. It was the back surgery where I fell off the bed.
Speaker 4: Ah, and then you got the yeah idea, fell flat.
Speaker 1: On my fucking ass. And it wasn't until I was in Melbourne that the blood clot actually presented.
Speaker 3: What can I say, I've been laid up on my back for a lot less for a lot longer, So.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: So tell us you've got your you got your tummy tax I had the tummy tak done, I've had botox and look, I probably just disclaimer.
Speaker 5: I feel like if anyone is considering doing any type of surgery, go get medical advice.
Speaker 4: Don't trust us, fucking bunch of buffeads.
Speaker 7: I think they know not to trust us to go and seek medical advice, but I do encourage people if you are going to do it, asks for advice, speak to your friends and your family and arks to get arks.
Speaker 5: To get you get a referral, because that's where I find. They're the people who I trust and the people are now kind of work with as well. So yeah, to be an adult mob, just be safe about today.
Speaker 1: That's exactly, hey, and have a budget.
Speaker 4: Like a hundred kov.
Speaker 1: You have a budget, listen, be realistic. Now, plastic surgery is not cheap.
Speaker 4: It's not.
Speaker 1: So don't think, oh, you're going to go and talk to your doctor and get a referral and all of a sudden you can charge it back to Medicare and bold bill. That's not going to happen. So if you've got private health, you've got a lot, you know, a lot of obviously more chances of saving money if you've got private health. But it comes back to chronic diseases, on why you've got the weight loss surgery, on how they actually assess whether or not you're suitable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you meet the crisis disclaimer.
Speaker 5: Also not providing financial advice, yes, please professionals exactly.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we're interrupt this up. Hey, it's been an interesting chat.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 5: So if you fucking see me in the street, you see me frozen, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 4: Looking at your sideways. I've just got too much botox.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, please reach out to us. We would love to know if you've been thinking about botox or any feelers, or even if you're thinking of weight loss surgery. We would love to share some of our experiences with you.
Speaker 4: It's not always you know, as not glamorous.
Speaker 1: It's not glamorous, So we're not sitting here to make out that hey, it was amazing where real people that have had these experiences, and a lot of our are probably thinking about is this for me? A lot of them are a Jammy, right, they don't want to be Jammy.
Speaker 3: That's a queen, is it?
Speaker 1: Queens? D you? Jammy of the night? Ghosts and stuff like a jammy about everything?
Speaker 4: Yes, so jam means I'm going to jam that for like give a good driver.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to jam jam that's a wrap.
Speaker 4: We're done.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to Unapologetically Black, brought to you by Black Cast Unite Our Voices and produced by Clint Curtis.
Speaker 6: Don't fucking take advice or nothing but seek professional.
Speaker 4: Yeah, see it.
Speaker 3: Therapists, do what you gotta do this. I don't come to us with your swim and let him be angry.
Speaker 1: Okay,