Speaker 1: The christ Jian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Noldon's Gold one oh four point three live from Level two, twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street. Writchmen, this is the christ Jian o'connal Breakfast Show on Nolvin's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Happy Tuesday morning. It's three minutes past six. It's the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Show number one, one hundred and thirty four.
Speaker 3: We're still juniors here, really, maybies?
Speaker 2: Are we prep school in terms of breakfast shows in Melbourne kindergarten?
Speaker 3: Were preschool? Don't we? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sometimes on the show that is the mental age as well on today's show then five to Tuesdays waiting for you on five Tuesday this morning. We're also going to put a pair of tickets go and see Elton John live we announced yesterday coming over his final tour in Australia and New Zealand. Tickets down gone cell till next week. You can win them. Get hold of the way before anybody else with us this week. Also paying your bill hopefully in an hour's time only if you've gone to the Website's still plenty of time to get involved gold one four three dot com dot au. Before that, I'm arms with a load of brilliant emails that have come in over the weekend, and also after yesterday's show as well. You know, yesterday we're talking about PA announcement. When did you suddenly hear your name on a PA? Got a couple of twists on that as well. And I am doubling down on my commitment to fed Fast.
Speaker 4: Oh good, because Bianco was asking me about it last night. Actually, she said, why is Christian not doing good?
Speaker 3: Smashing it?
Speaker 2: Winning yesterday yesterday, five past six Tuesday morning, haven't had a drink yet today, already won today Sunday Sunday?
Speaker 3: But did that whole pass during.
Speaker 4: The first couple of days of Feedfast. So she actually asked me, is it off?
Speaker 3: Are we not doing it anymore?
Speaker 2: Listen, let's re wind Friday. We agreed the hall pass system. Two hall passes. I cashed in one Saturday, cashed in half of one Friday.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's half.
Speaker 4: Half?
Speaker 5: A couple of glances, see that's why I didn't.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, And then I was going to have another hall pass for this Friday for the big Dad's not out just tear a corner off. No, this is my commitment to fed Fast. I've canceled the Dad's night out. I'm not going I'm going to be doing a boost free now.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: So wait, you canceled the whole thing, so everybody else suffers as well.
Speaker 3: Welcome, I woke up.
Speaker 2: No, they can meet without me, so it's a bonus to be honest. I'm not I'm not gonna. I'm not gonna go out Friday night. I'm not going to. It's been a ranged for ages.
Speaker 4: All right, well done, But you're looking for a random applause here. When I thought that was.
Speaker 3: The I was hoping for. I was hoping for a bit more.
Speaker 5: Excellent.
Speaker 3: Good for you, thank you, as you're looking forward to that Friday night. I finally met five new buddies.
Speaker 2: You know how hard it is to move to a new city and tear all your friends and find just one body.
Speaker 3: But I've got five buddies.
Speaker 4: What are these dads at the school?
Speaker 3: No, they're just various guys. We've all met ands.
Speaker 4: Where are you meeting people?
Speaker 2: Just at the shops alleyways? I dance for cash. Private dance is what I'm called. If you can find me and you can hire me. I will dance for you anyway. Okay, so that's done. Okay, you're happy.
Speaker 4: Now nuck it in.
Speaker 3: Not getting no more passes for me, okay unless something I get some good news.
Speaker 2: Good news to me is a flying unicorn or southamp to my football team winning. Forget some good news. I'm allowed to break out that half a hole pass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, no.
Speaker 6: The rules.
Speaker 2: You do it your way right when I am doubling down. That's it now for the rest of this there's no booze from me.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: So we are trying to come up with a name for this first hour the show, the secret hour, the hour that the boss never really bothers to listen to.
Speaker 3: And there's a lot of you that always hear the first hour of the show.
Speaker 2: Some of you listen after that, but you are the hardcore, long suffering listeners, even though we've only been in a couple of months.
Speaker 3: Sounds negative, but sometimes there are a few.
Speaker 2: It's a bit juicy lucy this hour, isn't it all right? Not that the rest of the show is polished in any way. Shape or farm. But this is even rougher than the rough bits after seven o'clock. So I think that you need looking after if you listen to this part of the show. Okay, you're the kind of secret show heroes. But I want to name for you if you listen to this, and we want to name for this hour because it's different. You know what it's like if you're up this time in the morning and you're on your way to work or on your way home from working all night.
Speaker 3: The world is asleep. Yeah, don't know about this time of the day. They just don't know what it's like.
Speaker 2: It's a very unusual and rare time of the day, this hour between now and seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: And it deserves a name. But what to call it? We're struggling, aren't we.
Speaker 4: Well, we got a long list, but nothing has jumped out at us.
Speaker 3: Yes, we have a we have a show. What's out?
Speaker 2: I meant those we have a long list that we start to kick around yesterday.
Speaker 3: Okay, well this one the Matt what are we? ABC? Good morning and welcome to the matinee hour. That was one of mine, Patsy's what about this the pre show show?
Speaker 4: Welcome to the pre.
Speaker 3: Show show on this morning's pre show show? What about the who came up with this one? No judgments hour? That's me, Jack, You're nobody on it? No judgments? What is this a teen show on Nickelodeon. There's always judgments on this show? What about this one? Yeah? Because we're a bit wild and crazy here and gold one oh four point three? Yeah, Ernie a f hour because it's as Earnie.
Speaker 1: Came up.
Speaker 2: I producing Bex because you know she's got a potty male. They didn't know that was you, Jack? Hang on, what about this old one?
Speaker 3: Hello? Hallmark Cards have written this one? This hour? It's just for us? Excuse me, I'm just going to vomit one. Who came up with?
Speaker 4: Who came up with just for US's pointing it.
Speaker 3: I didn't come up with just for us.
Speaker 2: I meant it in the WhatsApp sort of group mess about something else, so as in not broadcastable. I'd never call an hour just for us just for us with spring felt cows. This one must have taken ages for one of the teams to come up with the six a m.
Speaker 3: Cub. Good morning, Melbourne, It's time for the six am Club.
Speaker 4: So far as the front runner, though, what read?
Speaker 3: What about this the six fix?
Speaker 4: I like that six fix?
Speaker 7: Mind?
Speaker 3: What about this one? Christian O'Connell's Underground Hour, the Crack of torm Club.
Speaker 4: Oh I don't mind that, all right?
Speaker 3: What have you got?
Speaker 2: What do you think we should call this hour? Nine four one four one O four three nine four one four one O four three. And remember, dear friends are listening right now. It's always just for us here on God one A four point three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Just had a further look down this list of suggested waits to call this first hour of the show. And another stinker I saw down here as well. I don't know who come up with this private? Private is?
Speaker 4: That's me.
Speaker 3: There's no name on this. My thinking why it is feels like a ruble CD lap dancing club. Private Is.
Speaker 4: My theory was one of your favorite us and your private is one of your favorite songs?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 4: I thought we could be the Private Years hour. Oh it's just us.
Speaker 3: Oh, good morning, it's just for us. It's as early a f private is.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to line see what people are suggesting we call this first hour.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Graham, Yeah, good morning boys. Okay, Graham, thanks for calling the show. What do you think we should call the first hour of the show? What bother?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: Graham?
Speaker 2: Is that in terms of what do you sometimes think that before tuning into the show, as in why bother?
Speaker 6: Nah, it's just to work?
Speaker 2: Yep, that's that sums it up, all right, Graham. That's a good contender. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 3: You might have a good day. I love that one. Why bother?
Speaker 4: I feel it brings the energy down there, it does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're right, words private is I'm powered up right now?
Speaker 3: Sarah, Good morning, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Sarah. You sound full of form this morning. What do you think we should call this hour?
Speaker 6: I think it's just the Lottery Losers hour? Being this journey if we were we were.
Speaker 4: Winners, the lottery losers our Okay, people who haven't yet won the lottery haven't yet.
Speaker 3: That's a positive way of phrasing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the lottery contenders then, yeah, all right, yeah, all right, Sarah, thanks for coding, and have.
Speaker 3: A good doe work. Lottery loser you all right? That's going to make and Geelong.
Speaker 7: Come on and Mick the Christian.
Speaker 3: I'm good. I hope you're well this morning as well. Buddy. What do you think we should call it?
Speaker 7: I like the the mere cats hour.
Speaker 4: The MiG catsur yeah, the raisin barn.
Speaker 7: The cats are up early, cracker door and ready to go to work. So that's what we're doing at the moment.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's true.
Speaker 2: But do we know that the mere cats are up early? If we went out to the zoo, are they up now? Well, all the other animals are asleep.
Speaker 4: Yeah they have Okay, we just have to trust you, Mike, because I mean the famous animal that's up early is the rooster. The rooster the lock cracker dawn. But the the worms up early?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, you know I heard that phrase.
Speaker 4: Now the early bird gets the work.
Speaker 3: Oh that's it. The worm can well, but to get the worm, the one's also going to be up early too, Otherwise where he could be where's the work he's having?
Speaker 4: It makes more sense if the worms are sleep, because the gets up and goes God is sleeping.
Speaker 3: But where's the me.
Speaker 2: It's wide away having a coffee. He's a lottery loser, all right, Mick. It's a controversial one, but we thank you for it. Let's try Shane, Hey, gay man, there you go. Yeah, I'm good Shane, and thanks for calling the show. What do you think we should call this hour?
Speaker 7: Fool's Gold?
Speaker 2: Fool's Gold is a great one. Play that's very, very strong. That's the best one so far. Thanks a lot, Shane. All right, take care and let's try dazzer Darren.
Speaker 9: Oh, there you going.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good Darren. And Darren, what do you think you ready? Yeah? Go on hit me. Hey, let me get the fan fair down. I build it up for you, buddy.
Speaker 9: The hour.
Speaker 3: Can we live up to such a bidding legendary people? I know, I don't think so. I don't think I can.
Speaker 2: I don't think I can ever obtain into being a legend, you know, the barely legends, wannabe legends, failed legends.
Speaker 10: Well, you're come from a special, special breed.
Speaker 7: So it's.
Speaker 3: All right, Darren, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: As he feeds a tree in from the wood.
Speaker 3: All right, keep the coming nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Anyone saw the texts that have been flying in a phone calls flowing about what we should call this part of the show, the sort of rabble between now and seven am. You know, sometimes we get texts that come in. This will be the Saints, every radio station I've had them before, and every single radio station I work out where maybe yesterday you sent us a text, and you've accidentally sent a text to me on the show today that is not meant for me? Or is this a great contender for what to call this part of the show?
Speaker 3: Why Dan? Why just that lone text came in the last five minutes? Why Dan? Why is that a mistake that you sent that obviously to Dan, but it's come to me? Does it sound good? Why Dann? Why? This morning on the show? All right? But right now.
Speaker 2: Is this.
Speaker 3: Day mystery?
Speaker 11: On this day?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: This morning, on this day mystery, Patsy has the key dates and all the information about what has happened on this day in mystery, Patsy break it down for us.
Speaker 5: Break it down. A couple of tidbits. First, an entree A few will boys.
Speaker 12: The very first moving picture peep show machine was patented, Sorry what you know in the old penny arcades where they had the peep shows.
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't around then tell us what it was like, grandma penny Arkay, wait, so you put.
Speaker 3: What the butler saw the old there's a.
Speaker 12: Heap of the minute shooker in the historic part with Chucker. If you visit a chucky you put a.
Speaker 5: Penny in, what do you get? And you can see some Victorian ladies scantily clad.
Speaker 3: Would have been showing an ankle or something.
Speaker 5: No, a bit more than that. It was like the first.
Speaker 3: Victorian hashtag Victoria ankles.
Speaker 5: It was the first pornos of their time.
Speaker 2: Oh that's nice to remember that, isn't it a little flashback plots?
Speaker 4: I remember it like yesterday?
Speaker 3: Oh they they'd be probably covering this today in school in history. Hey kids, you don't know how lucky you are again instant porn on your phones. It wasn't always like that.
Speaker 12: No, that was back in eighteen sixty one by a bloke called Samuel Goodall.
Speaker 3: Of course it would be a guy as well.
Speaker 12: The Rolling Stones were forced to change the lyrics to one of their massive songs.
Speaker 5: Do you know what it was? Because it was too racy.
Speaker 3: Swearing Let's spend the night together?
Speaker 5: Yes, it was Christian and do you know what? They changed it.
Speaker 2: Too, that's the stuff dinner together, Let's have a sandwich at my desk.
Speaker 12: They changed it to let's spend some time together for ITV appearance those TV edits.
Speaker 2: Of movies where instead of mother they use something else. Don't They just lamely dub it Let's spend some time together.
Speaker 12: It was too racy, and it was for the Ed Sullivan Show, although not on that day. But yeah, he always did that, didn't he didn't?
Speaker 5: Was it the doors? He also banned some of their lyrics when they appeared.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, but that makes it sound like Ed Sullivan himself was going, Hey, guys, love to have you on the show.
Speaker 3: But I think he was. Wasn't he.
Speaker 4: Person that worked at the network?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean even David Letterman.
Speaker 2: He apologized later on, but Bill bill Hicks's last performance on David Letterman show got cut because of the censors didn't want it going out, and Dave was aghast. It was his show. He actually ran the network, but they still he got overruled. And then years later, on the anniversary of Bill Hicks's death, he got Bill Hicks's mum on his show and Dave actually apologized to her that he didn't stand up and make more of a stand.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, it's amazing TV.
Speaker 4: Is that footage still did they delete the footage.
Speaker 2: Or is it Dave then screened it. That's great, I can find it on your YouTube.
Speaker 5: I'm going to go looking for that today. But today's on this day a mystery. We're looking for.
Speaker 12: Which massive, massive eighties hit released on this day had the song title at the end of it?
Speaker 5: Any clues.
Speaker 3: Eighties?
Speaker 4: This song titles sung at the end, So they go and this song is cold.
Speaker 3: And is it now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, an eighties song that says the song title right at the end.
Speaker 5: Right at the end.
Speaker 4: Does it say the song title in other places of the song, Yes.
Speaker 3: It ends with it as well. Okay, yes, all right, call it now? A few record one I guess nine four one four one O four three nine four one four one o four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three calling one of you after seven o'clock s Morning Live. If you've gone online to tell me about your ball at Gold one oh four three AU, Please do they still got around forty thousand dollars to spend on you?
Speaker 3: Paying your bills?
Speaker 2: This Day, Mystery on this day, all right, little recount from Patsy. Then you're trying to work out what the song is released on the day in history. Is it a single, pats.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's part of an album. But yes, the single was released this day back on Feb five, and it had the song title at the end of it was a massive, massive hit.
Speaker 2: All right, So it says their name and the song at the end of the song, Jacinta, good morning, good morning, how are you. I'm good to Cinta, and I hope you are. What's the song footlease, Patsy? Is it footloot?
Speaker 3: No at the end though it does. Is it the last thing? Or is that there's some music at the end the last thing?
Speaker 5: It ranked four sixty four music at the end? Yeah, no, sorry, not.
Speaker 3: Foots all right, Luis. Thanks, have a good day. Paul, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: Here are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good, Paul. What do you think the song is, mate?
Speaker 9: I think it's Pride by You.
Speaker 3: Too, brilliant song.
Speaker 7: No, it is very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great album, unforgetable, fire tough, lo Paul. Thanks for calling in.
Speaker 2: Diane, Hi, good morning Diane on the road already, Yes.
Speaker 7: I am, I'm on the road to work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have a good day. What do you think the song is?
Speaker 8: I think everybody wants through all the world.
Speaker 12: No, maybe we need to give another clue. Christian featured in the movie Feet.
Speaker 2: Hello, sorry, it's not the answer. That's just to so to ignore you and talk all over you. I'm back to radio school.
Speaker 4: It was a no from Pats.
Speaker 5: So it was on the Happy Feet soundtrack?
Speaker 3: Is it? Oh? Yeah, that really narrows it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you ask any of us about the Happy Feet soundtrack.
Speaker 3: It was on the Is it the bonus? Make it too easy? Yeah? We're dealing with these right answers all day long. Now to to pot It's also on Full Metal Jacket. It's on the B side.
Speaker 5: Who's next on the.
Speaker 3: Hang on?
Speaker 2: Because that clue would have opened this wide up. Now chat, let me just get a winner on right now? Hey, Paul, what if the song.
Speaker 3: Is Now.
Speaker 10: I'll go with the Bonnie pla?
Speaker 3: Is that on the Happy fet Sorry? Sorry?
Speaker 12: Sorry, it's on Rolling Stone's list of five hundred of the Greatest songs, So maybe.
Speaker 3: We could.
Speaker 4: My memory. Now, Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: This is the song I Help her up? Kids? There we got pantsy Well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, Christian O'Connor's Dollar your Bills.
Speaker 2: Busy show today. Let's get straight into paying your bills. Just about a call one of you live only if you've gone online to Gold one if four to three dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: That is the place you need to go.
Speaker 2: Loads of you emailing me for the first time you saw my post this morning. Someone has actually now started sending me their actual bills.
Speaker 3: Thank you. It's always loaded hear.
Speaker 2: From you, But you must go to the website first of all, upload the bill you'd love to have me pay off. Thanks to tintacar got fifty thousand dollars. Don't drive naked this summer. I did have fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Yes, you've been a grady boy, well generous boy.
Speaker 3: Really, I'm robbing hood, taking from the rich to give to you guys with your bills.
Speaker 2: Whom rich the management of the cross, the fatcatsquash for Margie, he saved.
Speaker 3: If you not get me that fire truck rip the truck.
Speaker 4: You're running at a total of eleven three hundred and fifty five dollars sixty one cents given out with thirty eight, six hundred and forty four or thirty nine remaining.
Speaker 2: Hurry, hurry, hurry, hurry to the website. All right, then this morning.
Speaker 3: Tigan. Let's call her up. She's in Geelong. Let's call it Tigan. Now. If your phone starts to go, this is live. It's me I reckon if they don't pick up off the phone.
Speaker 6: Hello Tegan, Yes, yes, that's right.
Speaker 3: Yes, And who do you think this is?
Speaker 6: I am hoping Christian.
Speaker 3: It is Tiagan.
Speaker 6: Good morning, good morning, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 2: See you've got this house rates bill. Yes, that's correct, seven hundred and forty dollars and thirty cents. And you need them help with this because your poor little four year old girl broke her nose.
Speaker 6: She did, that's correct.
Speaker 11: How did the poor.
Speaker 3: Rangel do that? What happened?
Speaker 6: I wasn't actually there because I finally had a night out. I had a hint nut one of my good.
Speaker 3: Mates, not the babysitter, not the husband, ye, poor husband.
Speaker 6: He was at a family birthday catch up and was some.
Speaker 2: Kind of toddler fight club, a rough old catch up to put them in a little ring to toddler only one toddler can leave, so well.
Speaker 6: Look it all fairness by poor husband couldn't actually help it. Her shoe broke as she was running and she tripped over it and smashed her nose on the end of the great grandparents couch.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh, blood everywhere, and she's to go and have like X rays and yeah.
Speaker 6: So they had to take her into emergency. But the public hospital, wait, that wasn't deemed an emergency. So they had to pay to go into the private emergency hospital here. And yeah, we had to pay to enter. And then after that we've had specialist appointments and all the.
Speaker 3: Bills that go with it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, And that's.
Speaker 3: Not deemed an emergency. A little for your girl that smashed.
Speaker 6: Up nose, No, because it's all just like than youll.
Speaker 3: Nothing pressive about kid with blood next time.
Speaker 4: I stuff like that all the time, all the time.
Speaker 3: It's just a bit.
Speaker 2: Our poor little thing. And so and is she is she okay? If they had to reset it, can she breathe.
Speaker 6: The right well at this stage, it looks like it has fuse back into the right spot. Yep, So that's a good thing. They said, they'll just keep an eye on it at this stage, they don't have to rebreak it good, but they just have to just see monitor for a.
Speaker 2: Little bit, all right, So there's no more treatment need at the moment. In a moment, you've paid all the bills you need to correct, all right, So listen, we will pay off this seven hundred and forty dollars and thirty cents.
Speaker 3: We'll pay off your house rates beer.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: And we'll also chuck in another one hundred and fifty dollars so you can all go out for a nice dinner or lunch on us.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, let's actually round that up. Let's make it on hundred and sixty odd dollars because it's a seven hundred and forty at the moment. I don't like in a gular amount. So let's uh, that's that's that's up there, nine hundred dollars and thirty cents. There's nothing to get the thirty cents, Jack, Thank you for reminding me.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I hope you lot daughter men's nicely okay, thank you, all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks. I have a good day you too.
Speaker 2: See all right, see that it's as easy as that heads to the website go one A four to three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three found out a fact at the weekend about John bon Jovi and Phil Collins. When I was taking our two lovely winners, Rick and Pam on the backstage tour before Friday.
Speaker 3: Night's opening night, Phil Collins at Amy. We were on where all the seats were on the pitch okay because obviously some bits of the stadium that were blacked out because you wouldn't be able to see Phil Collins age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they put like I think there's seven thousand seats on the pitch. And the guy doing the tour, lovely Irish guy. He tours with all the bands all over the world. He always does the Australian New Zealand there and I was guy called Max. He's actually back in two it's time with Eminem and anyway he was going. I was like, for some reason, I was like looking at the plan and there seemed to be like extra space that they could have crammed in more chairs and knew it.
Speaker 3: Was sold out, he said.
Speaker 2: Phil Collins always looks at seating plans for every single show. He's the last signature before they look it down.
Speaker 4: Right, And so what does he want this?
Speaker 2: He wants no, No, he doesn't want them all crammed in. He wants to obviously they're going to make sure there's bums on seats making away. He wants to make sure that people can actually see and move around easily.
Speaker 3: How poor wired of him, I know, isn't that nice?
Speaker 2: And then the guy Max said John bon Jovi is the same and then just walked off casually to carry on the tour, and I was left underwake of all this info, John bon jovis the same. They look at the seating plans. Can you imagine that? Actually that attention to detail. I think that's really cool. Where they still they alsously care about filling standis and making money, but they also care about are the fans getting banged for buck and how?
Speaker 4: But how much are they run through it with a fine toothed cone like this seat at the mcg row f a lot Tier three?
Speaker 3: Well get this?
Speaker 2: Then there were four guys in suits that stood out well I could see just walking around with clipboards. And now people over there they're like security, No, that's the accountants.
Speaker 3: Whole night.
Speaker 2: They'd be taking a note of everything and just checking everything else per the contracts and stuff like that, because it's all down two cents and dollars right, And they say with every band on Top Stones, apparently there's more than four people on that. I think Jagger Richard's all the band members have their own accountants as well, arguing with other band members accountant.
Speaker 3: Because there's so much money. It's millions per night for the Stones. Isn't that nuts? Oh? One final thing about the backstage tour.
Speaker 2: Phil collins code name whilst he was in Australia was Elvis.
Speaker 4: That's not very secret exactly.
Speaker 3: He picked him a famous name, so.
Speaker 4: That's what he checked into his hotelers.
Speaker 2: Yes, his code name cons is no and when he's on the move, like Elvis is on the moon right now before he turns up to Amy or wherever he was in Brisbane and stuff like that. And so when they were doing a backstage tour, I just suddenly saw this the guy we and look, we can have a quick look. He's about ten minutes away now he's just left his hotel John lookan.
Speaker 3: His dressing room. I was like, yeah, I love to and I said, there's a great sign on it. I said. Elvis was, Oh, that's his code, and I went, but it's more famous name than Phil Collins, the world's worst code name, Elvis. It's going to attract more attention at the hotel of the Standard. Guess who we had over the weekend. Elvis, he's alive.
Speaker 4: It's actually a bit arrogant to feel, isn't it. I mean, he's Phil Collins, he's big, but he's not the King.
Speaker 3: Yesterday on the show, you said this.
Speaker 4: In nineteen ninety three, Russian scientists unfilled a giant mirror in orbit that flushed a beam of sunlight across Europe during the night. Why so, they were trying to invent a way to have longer daylight hours.
Speaker 2: Email from a listener called Jamie Phillips Christian, pretty sure this satellite mirror thing spoke about yesterday in the show is actually part of the plot of the James Bond movie Die Another Day. Has Jackie boy been getting a little bit tired again on the weekend and confused a film for reality. I'm now looking at the plot of James Bond's movie Die Another Day.
Speaker 3: First of all, let's hear what jack said again.
Speaker 4: In nineteen ninety three, Russian scientists unfilled a giant mirror in orbit that flushed a beam of sunlight across Europe during the night. Why so they were trying to invent a way to have longer daylight hours.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to read now from the plot of Die Another Day that also came out in nineteen ninety three, Grace, the baddie of the movie, unveils a new orbital mirror satellite, Icarus, which is able to focus solar energy on small areas and provide year round sunshine for crop development.
Speaker 4: Time out. I got that information from a reputable site, and then I thought I confirmed it from another reputable site. So this is what I'm reading. When the satellite was deployed the night of February four, nineteen ninety three, directed a beam of sunlight about two or three times as bright as the moon and two and a half miles why down on Earth, I think the mirror is real.
Speaker 3: Who knows or to know?
Speaker 2: Is they also used it in Dieing Other Day, the movie with the rubbish myself.
Speaker 4: Now, maybe you could be right.
Speaker 3: Both could be right?
Speaker 4: Would they both come out in nineteen ninety three?
Speaker 3: It's for strange, isn't it okay?
Speaker 4: Put a pause on that before you tell anyone that fact. Let me research you can across raffers. Come back tomorrow, give.
Speaker 2: Us twenty four hours. Going to look into this. The next twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: The Christian who Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, five to bit Tuesday. Five phone topics running at the same time this morning. Best call we get due in the next hour, the most entertaining call. I'll give you another pair of Elton John tickets. We've got this every single day this week. These are these really are exclusive it on John tickets. They don't go on SEU to the other plubs that don't listen to Gold one oh four point three. You know there's mumbles are out there struggling listen to Fox, hoping they're going to say something funny this year. You know alf A Sleep driving into the gutter listening to Smooth. You know Eddie getting ready about the new AFL season for Colin Woods. But you can only with this station. Can you get's Elton John tickets? They don't go on selle to a week Thursday, elm John bringing his farewell tour to Melbourne for v three different special venues, Rod Laver Arena in December, Outdoor are Hanging Rock in December, and a Day on the Green at Rochford Wines in January. Next year twenty twenty, Tick has gone sale a week Thursday Valentine's Down the fourteenth. We've got a pair of tickets coming up. Don't call in now, coming up in five minutes time when I take you through today's five topics.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Time for this week's five Toby Tuesday. This is our worksound well.
Speaker 2: Thus other radio stations are told to dumb it down for you, and that you can't handle more than one thought per break a link this time of the day, we prove that they are wrong. You are way smarter than any other listener that tunes into any other radio show. We get so many brilliant calls. I still keep thinking about the guy Friday we spoke to. Remember, we're talking about pen pals.
Speaker 3: Who'd have known when I'm.
Speaker 2: Talking to guy who, twenty years later is still in some kind of I gotta be honest, strange pen power relationship.
Speaker 3: Interesting is a better word, it's not strange interestinct.
Speaker 2: Pen power relationship with one of the cast members of Jurassic Park, the original one.
Speaker 3: From the nineties.
Speaker 2: He's now married as well, and I don't think it's no, but I think he'd like to be. No, he didn't say that, but I think his wife arms distance is ours why he said he has to have that relationship.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so.
Speaker 2: We run five phone in topics at the same time. If you've got anything for any of these as always give. We love getting your stories. You're the stars of this feature every single week. Phone number is nine four one four one four three. So here are the five topics this morning. I'm expecting so many great stories on this one. Why were you grounded? If you were grounded, maybe you got grounded a couple of times, maybe you're that kid, or maybe this's that one thing you did where you were grounded. It's come on the back of us chatting to someone yesterday about when you suddenly heard your name being called over a PA system and this mum called in so and it wasn't my name, as my daughter's name. She was supposed to be at school. I was shopping in a shopping center. I heard her name being called because she'd lost her wallet. She obviously got grounded. Why were you grounded? Nine four one O four three? Who did you back into? Patsy told us an amazing story. We acd to Cox, her coch Her coachs it took us three and a half five hours to get the story out of her.
Speaker 3: Half nine. We finally got it in just a little the curtain fell.
Speaker 2: On yesterday's show, Patsy admitted that she and not just that drove off after doing it twice, reversed into her Chris At, her husband's boss at the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well I just tapped it. I really didn't think that's why I didn't get out, because it was just.
Speaker 2: Like you tapped it the second time and then just make sure and then a cheeky little tapped. So who did you back into with your car? What have you found in food? Storing the paper today about hand grenade being founded in some spotatoes, this is incredible.
Speaker 3: I mean I don't think we get anything like that. But what have you found in food?
Speaker 2: If you saw Phil Collins of the Weekend, Phil obviously the star, as was his son, seventeen year old drumming Sensation.
Speaker 3: On a world tour with this old man.
Speaker 2: If you're going to drum with Phil Collins and sat in front of you singing, you need to be world class. If you're a son, you need to almost better than that. The pressure's on. But all around the world just smashing it, everyone raving about how great he was on Friday and Saturday?
Speaker 3: Were you a child prodigy?
Speaker 2: Were you going to be the next big thing back in the I'm looking for child prodigies this morning. And finally, if we get just one called on this, I'll be over the moon. Have you ever bought anything of someone famous? And I don't obviously mean just obviously Chris Henworth, a listers A listeners right through to the other end. Ye all right, So there's your five most entertaining call. We get you on the next hour. I'll give you tickets to go and see Elton John live. This morning's tickets. You're going to Hanging Rock as well. So Elton John live at Hanging Rock? Why were you grounded?
Speaker 3: Who did you.
Speaker 2: Back your car into? What have you found in food? Were you a child prodigy? And have you ever.
Speaker 3: Bought something of someone famous?
Speaker 2: There they are joining nine four one four one oh four three nine four, one four, one oh four.
Speaker 1: Three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: And if actually going to see Elton John Live Hanging Rock end of this year when he brings his farewell tour to Melbourne. Last chance to see one of the true greats of rock and roll, Elton John Live. Can I give away a pair of tickets in the next half an hour or so on five to but Tuesday the best story we get if you got anything for these this morning?
Speaker 3: Why were you grounded? The stories about what grounded you? My mom and dad? Who did you back into? Can anyone?
Speaker 2: Has anyone got a story like Patsy accidentally reversing into Chris, her husband's boss at the time, and then just driving off car.
Speaker 5: His car not here? I did actually nudge, do you.
Speaker 3: Know what if that actually was the story? Not surprised at all.
Speaker 4: But wait, what did you say? You have hit Chris before?
Speaker 3: Yeah? What a car?
Speaker 5: Yep, accidentally drove and I drove into him? Oh come on, no, I'm serious.
Speaker 12: He was trying to guide me into a park. I was driving his first car, a Tarana, and he's he's like, you know, way flagging me back, come back, come back, and he'd actually like put his hand up stop and I couldn't say for sun glare and.
Speaker 2: I you saw you had some argument and that this is it. I'll just give me a little ding just to let them know.
Speaker 5: Josh.
Speaker 2: Okay, So who did you back your car into? What have you found in food? Were you a child prodigy like Phil Collins' seventeen year old son who's been drumming on the world tour that finished Saturday night here in Melbourne. And if we just get one call, we're winning on this one. Have you ever bought something of someone famous? Nine one O four three. Let's go into the lines.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Julie, Good morning Christian, Good morning Judy. So you're calling it about what have you found in food?
Speaker 8: That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: Okay, what did you find?
Speaker 8: Bought a tub of coleslaw from a charcoal chicken and found a male gold wedding ring?
Speaker 4: Oh no, wow, wow, So it's not a prepackaged coleslaw? Is one they make up and then they put in the looking yeah, like you come from a chocolate chicken.
Speaker 2: Guy, or it's come from a jewelry shop that are doing a new deal where you get a wedding ring you lost a chuck in a free costal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like.
Speaker 4: You get to go to the coastal factory.
Speaker 3: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: What did you do? What did they say?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 8: I took it back because obviously I thought that it was the only place that could have come from. And then the guy goes, oh, that's where it got to and that was about it.
Speaker 2: No way is not what you say.
Speaker 7: Nothing that is rough.
Speaker 2: It's like sometimes when you find like a band aid something or something.
Speaker 8: Well, my friend did find a band aid too at a restaurant that we went to, a blue band aid so it's come off in her food.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that is rough. All right, Judy, thanks you cool. Have a good day mate, Thanks Christian, Bye bye bye, Kirk. Good morning, Good morning, Kirk. We've got an early on the line.
Speaker 2: Then you have you owned something that you paid for off someone famous?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 9: A whitewater kayaking peddal?
Speaker 3: Kayaking pedal? And who did you buy off?
Speaker 9: Daniel Woodward who was a silver medalist at the which one is the one of the Olympics.
Speaker 4: So we're going right now, Danielle, did you say, Danielle Woodward.
Speaker 3: Daniel Woodward, all.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm looking her up.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: Australian Slalem canoeist.
Speaker 3: Slalom that's right, Slale Salem.
Speaker 4: Who competed in the mid nineteen eighties to the early two thousands. Silver medal at the nineteen ninety two Bussler and Her Olympics.
Speaker 2: It's a great start. And you bought what was it off marketplace or eBay.
Speaker 9: Now from her.
Speaker 3: The strait.
Speaker 9: I am a slalom pedaler myself, yep, and I was upgrading, so I bought her old pedal, which apparently, from what I've been told, is the pedal. But run the silver middle.
Speaker 2: They're going to say that every how many panels, how many years you've been rolling that one out?
Speaker 3: That's the one and you only want five bucks? Wow? Right, okay, but it's the one. It's the one that got the middle for you.
Speaker 5: Did she sign it for Did she sign it for you with a sharp Can you ask.
Speaker 3: You ask again? Did you does she.
Speaker 5: Sign it for you with a sharpie?
Speaker 3: What, Kirk? Did I just the question just occurred to me. Did she sign it for you?
Speaker 9: It's not what you asked all.
Speaker 3: That, Kirk. Thanks the call mate, take care.
Speaker 4: Go back to bed.
Speaker 3: I think the corners can here. He just don't want to.
Speaker 5: They're ignoring me, you know.
Speaker 2: I think they're a bit frightened after hearing the story where she ran over her own husband.
Speaker 3: Michelle, come on him.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Michelle, welcome to five topic Tuesday. What grounded you?
Speaker 13: I was grounded for throwing mud pies at a house down the street and one actually landed through the car window, park in the driveway and onto the passenger seat.
Speaker 3: Awesome shot. You take that grounding and that was me like the cooler king.
Speaker 2: You waved to the crowds, thank you, thank you, and you walk straight to your Benjamin stay there for the next two weeks.
Speaker 3: What a shot. That's incredible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, really was.
Speaker 6: And they actually had called the police and the police came to the house and luckily obviously nothing occurred from that visit, but a severe scare.
Speaker 3: How long we grounded forward? Do you remember?
Speaker 9: A week?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That's amazing, all right, Michelle, thanks, yes, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You called mete Okay Russell and whereab he's on the line now, good morning, Russell.
Speaker 3: What grounded you?
Speaker 7: I'm bringing forwards school.
Speaker 3: Now? Did Did they catch you with them or were you setting them off?
Speaker 7: Actually, someone went into my beg stole me and them off. Then I was the one that got to answer spind it and then grounded from heat homes.
Speaker 3: So someone another kid got them at your back.
Speaker 7: Yes, someone going into my bag and pinched them.
Speaker 2: And listen, you're not in the head master's office now you and your mates are mucking around with them.
Speaker 3: Don't give me the old stole them.
Speaker 7: A little someone works and then stole them and then took them and then lit them off and you.
Speaker 3: Took the fireworks to school.
Speaker 2: My friend I'm with you got suspended as.
Speaker 7: Well, suspended and the worst thing was that I couldn't play in the space to live and I was more gattered at that.
Speaker 3: All right, Russell, thanks you cool, thank you all right.
Speaker 2: We got the news sport on the way, keep the course coming on nine four one one four three. While were you grounded? Who did you b into with your car into theirs? While you found in food? Were your child prodigy? And have you bought something off someone famous? And then Pats, we'll ask you four times did they sign it for you?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We're on five top of Tuesday. We do this every Tuesday on the show.
Speaker 2: We run five phone ins at the same time because you can hand letting. You've got great stories, so today they are why were you grounded? Looking for stories of being grounded? Who did you reverse your car into? Must be stories that people that have, unfortunately are the backed into a hearse, a police car, an ambulance. These things must happen. What have you found in food?
Speaker 3: So far? A gold male wedding ring has been found in Coleslaw. Weren't you a child prodigy?
Speaker 2: This is not Phil Connins's boy has been on this world tour with him seventeen drumming sensation. And finally, have you bought something of someone famous? So far, we've got the paddle, a Solanum canoe paddle from a silver medalist at Olympics.
Speaker 4: Apparently it was from the silver medal run unconfirmed at this stage and definitely not signed.
Speaker 3: We've established that. All right, let's go to the lines. Great name Romans on the line. Good morning Roman, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 14: I was grounded for cutting my sister's long, beautiful blonde hair.
Speaker 3: So were you playing hairdresser or something like that.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it was a Sunday morning. I think it was age of about five. She had this long, beautiful blonde hair and I decided to cut it here, so she said, on the kitchen table. And I was very proud of myself. You know, it's the sitters cutting around her and then it looked pretty messy afterwards.
Speaker 3: And older brother, older brother, yes, so I was eight five, Ye, you have a little trim.
Speaker 2: Well what if mum and dad must have gone berserk because it takes ages to grow the hair out.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, there was nothing to say. The haircut, which I thought, I thought it was awesome about my parents didn't sing that at all. So we had to go to the proper hairdresser and had to cut it right back.
Speaker 4: And now those memories are always with you because anytime you hit that era in the photo albums, oh.
Speaker 14: Yeah, absolutely, that's exactly.
Speaker 3: Describe what you did to us. You know what, what did it look like like Edward Scissorhands had opened up a hairdressing salon or kind of.
Speaker 14: It was just like you know, once I was still long, the other was short. It was really short at the front.
Speaker 3: You probably get away with that look now in some hits for areas of North Melbourne.
Speaker 14: Yeah, maybe it was just ahead of my tie.
Speaker 3: Visionary, my friend a vision. All right, thank you very much for cool. Have a good day, No I did do. Bye, Debbie, good morning. That Christians speaking, Yes, it is Christian. You're through he.
Speaker 7: Because I found something in food?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what have you found?
Speaker 7: I found a lady's fingernail in a pizza.
Speaker 2: Lady's finger, but a fingernail is disgusting in pizza.
Speaker 8: It is very discussing.
Speaker 3: You didn't crunch into it and go what is that? That is? That is not a chili, that's not pepper.
Speaker 11: Unfortunately I'm bulged out and I'm gone, oh my god, what's the fingernail that is rank?
Speaker 4: Is it a real fingernail dead or is it one of the tips whatever?
Speaker 7: They actually real one.
Speaker 3: Painted or a sort of male horrible monkey one my natural horrible And what do you do? Three pizzas for life to keep your mouth shut.
Speaker 8: For a couple of weeks.
Speaker 11: So, because every time I rang up and ordered I reminded them, I said.
Speaker 2: I'm going to try that every pizza restaurant now, even though it never happened to me.
Speaker 3: Just go don't forget. I'm the gun the or finger.
Speaker 2: Now I I'm back on the radio tomorrow morning, so I won't be paying for that, all right, nice, thanks you.
Speaker 7: Mate, Thank you, Bye, mel high question.
Speaker 3: Good, I'm good. Welcome to the show man. And what's your story for us this morning?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 11: So bucking into someone. So when I was a bit young and just got my license, I am my tibo again in the middle of Hawthorne to three peak owner. Anyway, these two guys came out, you know, trying to help me. Anyway, they pushed it straight into a brand new black Mercedes.
Speaker 4: Now is that your fault metal or there far? Because you're behind the weird steering wheel still, aren't you?
Speaker 6: Well I wasn't.
Speaker 11: They were helping, so I was like, oh my goodness, don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Take care of it, don't worry. Dams in distress.
Speaker 2: And also it would be a Mercedes around two rex someone like that, be Eddie McGuire's Mercedes or Lexus, whichever one he was using that day.
Speaker 11: That's incredible, so embarrassing, so unlucky.
Speaker 2: That's brilliant mouth. Thank you very much, you cool Keith. It's coming on nine four one four one oh four to three the best one we get to the next ten minutes, you have to go and see Elton John live at Hanging Rock week and a half before the tickets go on sal as he comes over to Australia New ze him for the last time.
Speaker 3: At the end of the year nine one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Within five Tobit Tuesday, we're on five phone in is at the same time. Some great stories coming through. Best one of the next ten minutes.
Speaker 3: I'll send you off to Elton John to go and see him a Hanging Rock at the end of the year, week and a half before the tickets go on sound next fri Thursday. On Valentine's Day, February the fourteenth is when they go on sale. David, good morning one Christian.
Speaker 10: How I am?
Speaker 3: I I'm good? So going in on five Tibit Tuesday. What have you found in food?
Speaker 10: I used to work for a supermarket a while ago, and the amount of stuff that comes in in a worst thing I found was a snake a box of bananas. That was pretty interesting.
Speaker 3: Oh snake in a box of bananas?
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, they go in there because I get because the bananas generate hate because they'repped in plastic. So we went in there for it of a.
Speaker 3: NAT's keep warm where the bananas come from?
Speaker 10: Queensland?
Speaker 3: All right, okay, snakes?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, there's been some rather large spiders. I've had birds, rats, frogs.
Speaker 2: What a fun part of your job working out what deadly animal might be waiting for you today in the loading bay?
Speaker 10: Yeah, pretty much like you're pulling it off and you're like, what have we got in the box today?
Speaker 4: So what's the protocol?
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, with the snake, you obviously call the local snake catcher. He has to come out and handle it. All that sort of stuff, because you know, you're not quite sure whether it's just a normal part.
Speaker 3: Did they equip you?
Speaker 1: Were?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: If I were there, I'd be like crying, literally crying on my knees. First of all, I beg for some sort of has mass. So I'm not opening up any bananas until I'm carrying a Homer Simpson at Springfield, you know, and precious isotopes.
Speaker 3: I'm not getting where near that sucking up princess. It was normal for me, all right then, David, Thanks you kill me, Tracy. Good morning, Good morning Christian. Tracy. You've backed into someone with your car. What was it or who was it?
Speaker 11: Well? I am a courier and I did a delivery and as soon as I got back into my vehicle to exit your delivery point, I backed into the hospital.
Speaker 2: Wow, there must have been a big car to smash into an entire hospital, all the wings, A and D everything, The ambulance is the car park, jumbo chairs park.
Speaker 8: Was back into the column that holds up the first floor.
Speaker 4: Delivering something through emergency.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might be no body parts. They do heart transplant yea, lungs, eyes, heads, they transplant heads.
Speaker 4: Now what part of the body was it, Tracy?
Speaker 11: Nothing that interesting?
Speaker 8: That was just passfuls Okay?
Speaker 3: Should I lie Tracy?
Speaker 2: A foot and arm and a couple of other bits, you know, and all comes up in Queensland, So you don't know whether you've got a snake in with their head or I like as well you said the delivery point as well, using the correct termology there for your job, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Tracy? Thanks you cool? Thanks Elan John store and tickets still up for grabs on nine four one four one O four three Will find the Winter in five minutes time.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Don't know if you use Spotify, you know they do a thing at the end of the year. They let you know the songs you most listened to last year. That was the song I listened to most last year, Number one. It's my I would say that is my official anthem of moving to Australia. So I love that band. If anyone who knows a lot of people who are connected, Melbour's a very connected city and there's a lot of people who are connected listening to this show. If anyone knows anyone who was in powder Finger, or can just connect me or hook me up or link me in with Bernard Fanning.
Speaker 3: I really genuine this year.
Speaker 2: Want to achieve only one thing by the end of the year, to actually one not get fired two convinced powder Finger to reunite.
Speaker 4: I follow the guitarist Darren on Instagram. We've got a name DM.
Speaker 2: Please, okay, please, anyone listening cuts the grass of burning Fanning or it's got any loose connection, who can just put me in a room or the end of a phone call with anyone from powder Finger. It's February. I've got to start hustling. It's not long till the end of the year to try and achieve the task to get them to reunite. Anyway, all right, last couple of calls on five topic Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Tanya, good morning, Good morning, Christian. Here are you going. I'm good, Tany, Welcome to the show. So who did you back your car into?
Speaker 13: So it wasn't who, it was something. I was at a local cricket match. I was in my twenties on my Pea plates in my first car in a country reserve with cricket ground, and I was watching my then boyfriend's cricket team playing and he must have been batting because we were chatting and actually arguing. We had an argument and so I drove off in anger, put my foot on the exlerator to reverse and get the hell out of there, and I backed into the gold Hope on the football ground, made a really loud bang. Everybody playing cricket was looking at me, So I then just drove off, sort of crying all the way home.
Speaker 3: No way, Tania, that's incredible, that is brilliant. That's so good. I bet you can still remember that right now?
Speaker 10: The horror of that high can yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happened to you and a boyfriend? Do I need to ask?
Speaker 13: Well, we stayed together for a while, but no longer.
Speaker 6: Yet, no moved on?
Speaker 2: All right, Tanya, stay there? Okay, you might be getting the tickets to go and see out in John Live. That's a great one.
Speaker 3: One final flirst Morning Jess, Good morning, good morning. How are you? I'm good, Jess? So tell us where you were grounded?
Speaker 11: So it was about thirteen years old and I skipped school to go see the Monster Ice ski ramp and to see the Veronica's concert.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they brizzy band. Do you remember Untouched in a couple of other hits they had the Veronicas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what's the Monster Ice skiing?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, no, what is it?
Speaker 11: It was a massive ski ramp down at Queensick Market.
Speaker 3: And what you could ski over and ski over the market and landing on the food store if it were.
Speaker 11: They had like professional skiers going up and down it and giving away Monster Energy drinks and stuff I don't remember.
Speaker 3: And the Veronica's playing there as well. No wonder you bunt school for this car crash into an event.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it was about fourteen years ago.
Speaker 3: Wow. Oh wait, and how long do you get grounded? For? A month? A month?
Speaker 2: It's a big old prison sentence. A month and almost a week or two weeks and month's a big one.
Speaker 4: But usually the parents cave with a month long while.
Speaker 3: Parole for good behavior.
Speaker 11: And you know I ended up having much more longer than a month.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can appeal to get a juice sentence. That happens a lot in our house. I get. Yeah, that's it. Ground of a couple of day.
Speaker 2: Actually, just do it for five minutes and then we forget all about that. But let that be a lesson because next time I will come in all right, Jess, that's a great one. Thank you, Thank you very much, Jess. Who are we going to give the outon John tickets too?
Speaker 4: I mean, Tan, you're still here on the line.
Speaker 3: We go, Tania, you've got the outon John tickets?
Speaker 14: Oh wow, yay, thank you.
Speaker 3: That's all right. You have to see out in John Live Hanging Rock. Enjoy.
Speaker 13: That's awesome, thanks so much.
Speaker 3: Hopefully that makes up the horror of crashing in reversing into the goalpost.
Speaker 12: Okay, absolutely, thank you, all right, well done.
Speaker 1: For Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: No topic has ever left dead on the show.
Speaker 2: If you ever hear something and a couple of days later, you'll finally find it's easier to email than call in because it's just busy. I love getting those you call them late to the party. You can chip in whenever you want. Go on here yesterday from Ann Christian. I couldn't get through yesterday, so I sent you an email yesterday.
Speaker 3: We're talking.
Speaker 2: When did you suddenly hear your name on a PA system? My husband and I went to an indoor lazer squirmish kid's birthday party. I've taken my kids to one of these.
Speaker 3: It is chaos.
Speaker 2: My husband Donald great name uh, decided to join in, so I sat outside waiting with the others. The kids all returned an hour later from the game, but no sign of don I.
Speaker 4: Imagine one of those pitch black ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got like a pack on the front and back and you're trying to hit each other and stuff like that. The noise is going on different rooms you're going and out of. We had to find the manager and explained someone was missing. He did a pa announcement into the game's room asking for Don. No answer, no answer from Don, so the manager now has to go inside and look for him. Don hadn't realized the game had actually finished with our son and his mates and had decided to continue to play with what was now the next round of kids. None of you, None of them. He knew who they were, and they didn't know what there was an adult trying to shoot them. The manager was stunned, said he had lost many kids before, but never a fifty two year old man.
Speaker 4: He's training it like a real war. He's dagger trench.
Speaker 3: It's like he's nan. You weren't there, man.
Speaker 2: And that's a great email. Thank you so much for that. You got an email for me for late to the party. Email atress is very easy. Christian at god one four to three dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Laser Quest.
Speaker 2: But a long time since I've done it, and I'm thinking, you know, we are third week back on air already we've had a couple of little minor skirmishes with the producers and I think we need to clear the air. I'm just going to put producer Beck on here right now. Good morning producer, be Good morning Christian and Jack. How's the show going out there today? Some good calls, I hope. So yeah, busy busy, so been very busy out there today.
Speaker 4: You've been listening out there today, giving it go some of the show.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 4: I've been listening.
Speaker 3: Okay, and listen. How do you feel about on air? Me, Jack and Pats versus you guys, the producers laser quest?
Speaker 4: I'm up for it if you guys are yeah, yeah, who am.
Speaker 3: I stuck with? The producers? Amongst producers? Who am I stuck with?
Speaker 4: Doesn't even want to?
Speaker 3: I mean, magoo are very old.
Speaker 2: Benjamin Button, producer has difficulty seeing in broad daylight dark and run with lasers. Maybe he put his eye balls and to shoot his own eyes. Try and do the laser thing on your eyes surgery.
Speaker 4: He falls over in the studio.
Speaker 2: Why live into a whiteboard when it's a very deceptively flat studio?
Speaker 3: So, I mean, so, should we try and get this done this week?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: This is gonna be so one sided that you are going to kill us.
Speaker 3: Nah, I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: Now you're tough, You'll be great. So you need's three on three? Okay, Patsy, you up for this?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 15: N I pick our third person, anyone.
Speaker 4: You gotta take Mark who has all the audio.
Speaker 3: I'd love to take Mark, He'll be great.
Speaker 2: That felt like, you know, we used to be lined up against the wall at school and there's a pick who, and poor old Mark was left there and you were gonna they were gonna go and pick someone else, you know, the kid with a lazy eye or something.
Speaker 3: Oh then sorry.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Have you did this week?
Speaker 2: On the at Work Time Waist, We've got tickets to go send you off to Fleetwood Mac fourth and final show. How's been announced of Fleetwood Mac Monday, September ninth, Rod Arena Tickets on sale now at live Nation dot com dot au. You can win them right now on the Outwork Time Waster. We're doing this one because somebody accidentally sent me one popa Dom preach yesterday, So we're doing Curry songs today. I've got I want to dance sack with somebody Whitty Houston, Thank you team, So I'm going to change the rules of laser quest. It's the Pomy versus Australia.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Dance. You never had a dance sack.
Speaker 4: Englishmen take carries really seriously.
Speaker 3: Like a national dish. There.
Speaker 2: Uh no, you've got a writer for your rights of jaw Patty. I don't know what your patty, and you don't know what japatty.
Speaker 3: Do you know any in these are Indian?
Speaker 4: Is sorry?
Speaker 3: What you must know? Yeah, Chapatti pats Patty patty fit pet. I'm a bargie girl. I'm a barbie girl.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 3: Uh nine in the mirror instead a man in the mirror.
Speaker 2: I know, n gimme gimme a nine off the midnight and kiss jelfrasey chelfrazy Knights.
Speaker 3: I once walked past the carry house. They get the greatest advert.
Speaker 2: One of those temporary stickers they make, you know, they're that orange kind of card and they like cut out like a giant star. They write something in it, So come on in. We've gone jelfrasy crazy. That's good enough for me to go into a curry house.
Speaker 4: Oh like a jel frasy as well. Oh you do know that one, all right, don't curry be happy.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're sticking on very broad themes.
Speaker 16: They're just naming over all the fur Ye I get deeper, I get deeper with Vinda Louis Louis Yep, Chutney with your best shot, and I should be I should be so lucky.
Speaker 3: Oh lovely, very nice?
Speaker 2: All right, send us yours stem. We're markin the in ten minutes time. Best one tickets to go and see Fleetwood Mac oh four seven five o three one o four three. We're looking for your curry songs this morning. Text them into me then oh four seven five o three one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Turn out the mark you at work time, wasters. We're looking for your curry songs. Won these Fleetwood Mac tickets. Let's do it, okay, carry on.
Speaker 15: Wayward Sun Bright Start Gold, Born to Be Mild, Silver plus Chicken Tika instead of Chiquita Silver, Judy In Moravin Rogan, Joshua Tree.
Speaker 4: That's Smart's that a song or an album?
Speaker 2: That's an album bronze. Sorry, Craig, You've got to fight for your right to Rotie.
Speaker 4: Silver.
Speaker 3: Not that good path you can't carry love Silver.
Speaker 2: That's nice an Eta and base Wall to tourmy vnderloose, Silver Plus Glenn love.
Speaker 3: Me tandor Elvis.
Speaker 2: My favorite so far. Joe, Mount Martha, well done, tears on my pillow, pillow Rice.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll accept it. Silver.
Speaker 3: Have you actually been in an Indian restaurant? Very startled by the words I'm saying. This is talking more code again.
Speaker 4: This is crazy, But Indians my favorite food.
Speaker 3: Rice. It's one of the most basic rices, isn't it? You know? Jasmine Pia Yeah? Oh boy, Me and Pats like that. Joe and Mount Martha. Okay, uh, Mumbai number five, that's very very good. Bas Matty Rhapsody.
Speaker 4: Oh that's clever. Gold Yeah, get this the type of rice as well? Ye, breaking news, just order for you.
Speaker 3: It's all code to me. It's like looking at the periodic table. How deep is your dial?
Speaker 2: Silver Plus get this Bargie started sivil plus, Sir Glenn, well done, Cormer police radiohead. That's good Yeah, Gold Rice Rice Baby, he knows that when he Jack has heard of rice, it's good news.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, where I wasn't yeh? Corma chameleon, Gold serve me up with hinderlou before you go go.
Speaker 4: Big mouthy silver plus.
Speaker 2: He also in Mount Martha one. If you know Joe over in Mount Martha, you should hook up. Save our phone bills. Then with this texting on one phone smells like Tika Masala.
Speaker 3: Silver Lucan noosries Lucy.
Speaker 2: He's not a good start to his bronze last week. He's getting his way back in. Also, he sent me a photo Friday. He's obviously does a bit of plastering of this amazing multimillion pound, million dollar house right on the foreshore at Noosa that he just finished working on. I don't know if he's meant to take photos of the property send them to me. It looks amazing, so interesting that he thinks that's something that you would like to see.
Speaker 4: Hey, this is a property I'm working on right now. I'm doing the plastering for it.
Speaker 3: Look at this place. What do you think?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, who's going to go and see Vid Mac love me, Love me? Tandor is off to go and see You didn't put your name on that, but you've wont the tickets to go and see Fleetwood Matt.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much everyone, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: I treated myself yesterday to a one hour full body time massage.
Speaker 3: That is time massage. I think are the best best. Yeah, they are so good.
Speaker 2: You go to Thailand literally from about five bucks, they're on the beach and they will give you the.
Speaker 3: Amazing it's like you feel flattened out. They're amazing massage.
Speaker 4: I've stopped asking for firm because the last one I had, honestly like they tied me into not and I couldn't only want really no no, but this one was, this one was too much. So now I go for a medium to medium firm.
Speaker 3: I always, I always feel what steaks not a mattress. Medium to medium firm. They must look at they must look at you, whether you're facing down that little hole. They're going, here we go.
Speaker 5: It's another one.
Speaker 3: Put the elbow in the back and.
Speaker 5: To a certain extent to do you any good, to break up the not to get the toxins out.
Speaker 3: My fascial release.
Speaker 4: I obviously don't get them as much as you guys. And then this one I got yesterday for lunch just I went to lunch just before I got the one hour massage. No, I didn't. I went for a salad instead of a full meal because I exactly that. I didn't want to be bogged down with it. But I got the L Diablo salad, which is like a spicy chicken salad.
Speaker 3: It says it in the time of the L Diablo And then you're going to go and get semi naked. How so impressed you're Tommy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, honestly, my tummy started rumbling, like only five minutes in, and it was rumbling really badly, and I really wanted to do a fart, but I thought there's probably no worse crime than doing a far.
Speaker 3: I think there is. There's there's one above that for a man, all right, there really is. There's that one.
Speaker 4: What can you do? Because I didn't, I found the whole message comfortable because I was I was so worried about the yeah and the trap wind, but I didn't want to say, Hey, can I pause to go out into the hallway and do a far?
Speaker 3: What did you just say? Can I just do you know what? I really just would have gone absolutely. Then you could have got up and then just gone and let one go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then you've got to get like you're in your underwear, so then you get fully dressed again to go.
Speaker 3: They normally have a road robe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, I didn't think of.
Speaker 3: But there's always they always have the rope.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm thinking of establishment.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they had a rope because it was one of those places they.
Speaker 3: Always have the robe. They don't because someone women and men need.
Speaker 5: To go to the toilet as well, reputable places. Do you wonder where he went?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, this one, This wasn't reputable. This they didn't even have the stereo system to play.
Speaker 3: The They didn't even have they didn't even have a bed.
Speaker 4: She was playing the music off her phone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, that is it for us. We are back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: So today we need to find out someone that's prepared to host us for our on air versus producers Grudge Match Laser Quest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how do you think you go shooting people?
Speaker 5: Pats excellent, ferocious, straight through the eyes.
Speaker 2: Care about running a car, you know, car over our husband? We found out today she's going to tell I reckon. Not only will she tear through the producers.
Speaker 3: She will then Colonel Kurtz Apocalypse. Now they just go full metal jacket.
Speaker 4: You'll go physical as well.
Speaker 3: You know where they get no no, no time out, come on your own.
Speaker 4: Knife to make a pay and then out of a laser.
Speaker 3: Tag gun Rambo style, her victim's ears and a necklace run out too much.
Speaker 2: Okay, time for us to go now, Victorian Ankles is the title of today's show.
Speaker 3: We'll catch you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: I forget it could be calling you in a minute, and again at one o'clock and four o'clock is I'm paying your bills?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three