Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: He could put these loafers under my dating Blue.
Speaker 3: Wirre Nuokah Blue Wild Lash up into the glass.
Speaker 4: It is underneath the Frankston Express.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one O four point three.
Speaker 4: Hey you on in Friday eight morning. We are having a good week. Thanks for joining us. It's the Christian O'Connell Show. Happy Friday, Jack Post, Happy Friday eighteen double Happy Friday with some cream on the same Jerry.
Speaker 2: And triple Back to you.
Speaker 4: How are the bakers today? Very good?
Speaker 2: I have to say I'm quite proud. I have to finish product all right.
Speaker 4: Late on this morning, head to Hoddle Streets. We're back at the Magic car Wash where you can actually taste the cakes that we've made. We're taking part in Council Council's Amazing Australia's biggest morning tea. We'd love you to do the same as well. You can do it throughout May and June as well, so you can judge our cakes late on today they are Patsy, what have you made?
Speaker 2: I have made medieval donuts, a six hundred year old recipe.
Speaker 4: And I have made a quintessentially British cake, the victorious sponge Jackie Boy.
Speaker 3: I've kept it simple. I've gone for the yo yo biscuit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, basic, all right? And what is going to be up to this weekend? What have you got to look forward to?
Speaker 3: I'm going archering Archie. Well, what is the archery I'm doing?
Speaker 4: Archery I'm doing.
Speaker 3: I'm engaging in archery.
Speaker 4: We come. Where are you going?
Speaker 3: For my brother's birthday in Hayes Paddock in Q.
Speaker 2: Sounds fun, like a whole heap of you.
Speaker 3: It's my Mum's organized it surprisingly.
Speaker 4: Playing together, be nice to each other. You'll have someone's eye out other way.
Speaker 3: Now, the whole family's coming bank is going to arch sister in law.
Speaker 4: Down there.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you can pull.
Speaker 4: Back well once they get those chubby arms. Movie, there's a lot of lame power in the guns. Aren't they a little nine week old baby?
Speaker 3: You're shooting apple off his head?
Speaker 4: Maybe no kind of imagery. Is it one of those places where you can also throw axes? It is not a natural We've got to do that. Yeah, oh my god, it's great fun. What a terrible combination axes and beer. All right. Coming up next, we'll get into Double thumbs Up Friday when we go around the team. It's only the things we're into this week.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast Double thumbs Up.
Speaker 4: Well, we go around on a Friday time at the things we're enjoying at the moment. Patsy, what's it for you? Well?
Speaker 2: Can I just say, I don't know if you remember ages ago, I started talking about a crime documentary on Netflix about a husband in America convicted and jailed for killing his wife. Michael Peterson, the journalist, so into it was I I was addicted, could not get away from. Oh, it's like the Staircase Murders or something.
Speaker 4: It's actually called it's like the Staircase.
Speaker 2: No, there's a few different ones.
Speaker 4: This is really I was just so watched that it was amazing.
Speaker 2: And I think he's in a anyway. They've done a dramatization Colin for Tony.
Speaker 4: Collett posters around time for this is what it is.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes it's.
Speaker 4: Colin Firth playing him. Yes, but he's always like mister Darcy.
Speaker 2: Colin first, I know it's a different role for him. I'm loving it, really enjoying it so right into that that's on binge at the moment.
Speaker 4: I love people who don't dis enjoy you know that kind of yeah, right into it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love crime.
Speaker 4: I love Let me qualify that you like crime being sold. We need to connect an intervention, perhaps with the crime mustop.
Speaker 2: I'm a status like that. I talk about news all day and then I like to go home and watch crime.
Speaker 4: It's a mega thing, isn't it The number one I think genre of podcast now documentary are those true crime ones?
Speaker 2: Love it and I love the forensic analysis of it.
Speaker 4: Don't find it grizzly. There's enough going on the world.
Speaker 2: I think it's fascinating, and I think I missed a calling as a lawyer.
Speaker 4: The other things tell me if I was ever wrong for the accused, there's no one I'm one better than in my.
Speaker 2: Call it than Patsy the other thing this week, I'm.
Speaker 4: Especially who fed us of the jury, some of those who donuts you've got today.
Speaker 2: I'm really excited, really really excited about this Tupperware. Everyone loves Tupperware. No stop, please stop, because.
Speaker 4: You let us in there. I was like, what is she so excited?
Speaker 3: Does she possibly like more than crime?
Speaker 4: Tupperware is the Tupperware killer.
Speaker 2: Tupperware is more than the best storage solution since when's it been around the sixties or seventies. I feel like about the When I get tupperwar out for me, it evokes all these memories of cooking with my grandma and my mum and all their old tupperware.
Speaker 4: I do know what you mean. Actually, we use tuberwear every day for leftovers, and like yesterday, I was making some leftovers for the kids lunches to reheat it school out. Yeah, tup of ware. If you you use it every day, you do.
Speaker 2: And every time I bring out, I've got some of my Nana's pieces and it reminds I can smell her kitchen when I bring it out. It evokes all these beautiful memories. Tupperware in now and I got it online this week. It's it's a paid for it. It's not like a freaky it's right, a vintage range of tupperware, so what it is. No, it's gorgeous. It's all the old canisters and stuff in all the old sixties and seventies colors. And I put my flower and stuff in it from last night after making my donuts and it's sitting up there in my pantry and it's brilliant. I love it.
Speaker 4: The thing about tupperware is, though we've got this overflowing jungle of tupperware, right, you need to invent something where it's magnetic, where it can hover through the air and come back.
Speaker 2: Can you just put it back on where it goes?
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: It's about stacking and storing.
Speaker 2: Tupper See, we've got massive pantries, so I can't.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry. I don't live like that, a massive pantry. I'm so sorry. And what's hard enough to be like you Patsy with an enormous pantry down to Nabbey.
Speaker 2: Anyway, my life is complete with these. I love a storage solution. Nothing makes me happier, is it? My wife has its place.
Speaker 4: She has want someone and have some sort of nesting thing always on a Sunday. Yes, starts randomly real and it's just like more work than we need in the family.
Speaker 2: No, you don't. It creates order and if it's ordered on a Sunday story.
Speaker 4: Actually turns my wife on.
Speaker 3: I say this, I'm sorry to say that my double thumbs up is tupperware themed.
Speaker 4: Afterwards, it what has happened?
Speaker 2: To us.
Speaker 4: We're now being adults. Oh you are more tuperware. You can have more tupperware. We're back, We're more tupperware.
Speaker 1: Go nowhere falls Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Let's just get into Jackie Boys. Start with the top of my my friend. What is your double thumb?
Speaker 3: It's not exactly tuperware, but it is a kitchen container with a bucket and lid that you can close. But the twist is the twist.
Speaker 4: Is you're listening to three a W.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Cool People FM.
Speaker 4: Even that sounds I want to be six and sexes come up in my throat.
Speaker 3: Has a timer on it, a timer that locks the lid in place, so you can put anything in there, and it means people can't go in there. And it was advertised as like put cookies in there and then you can lock the cookies and your kids can't eat the cookies. But we use it as the phone jail, so we put out phones in there. No, this is a good idea square, it's not square. It's actually a great way to connect with your family because we're always on our devices on our screens, scrolling, scrolling, addicted, addicted.
Speaker 4: Put your phone to put it in a pressive. Can't you just put it aside?
Speaker 3: No, you can't because you'll pick it up. Put it in the prison. You can't get it out there.
Speaker 4: How long as you put it in the little jail for.
Speaker 3: My record is six hours.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I couldn't do that.
Speaker 4: I put it in for maybe an hour or two. Yeah, but have you ever tried to get hold of him? He chaking it cool anyway? So this guy otherwise sixty hours. I've never called him at his picture. No ever me for the jail, you don't need.
Speaker 3: The there's even less chance you'll get onto it because the phone jail is actually great for eating, you know you put you both put your phones in the phone jail watching a movie put.
Speaker 4: You know what? It is? Good it restaurants to do this as well on each.
Speaker 2: Table, yes, or theaters. There's nothing worse when you're in the middle of a production.
Speaker 4: That was not top of my mind. Oh yeah, that's always a problem. I'm always taking sort of business calls. Hello, some people do leave their photos you mind more halfway through in that giant.
Speaker 1: Pantry of arrogance.
Speaker 2: What brand is it?
Speaker 4: Jack?
Speaker 3: Mine is called the Kitchen Safe. But I found you can get cheaper ones at Dick Smith. I would have gone just the.
Speaker 4: Cheap cream safe not got one.
Speaker 3: But they can't. There's no fail. So if you can't decide, hey, I want my phone back, I'll just punching cancel on it. If you want your phone out, you've got to break the toplady again.
Speaker 4: That is a great idea.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Talking about double thumbs up. The things that we're into this week. Anything that we mentioned on here with a Jackie Boys phone safe you find on our Facebook page and also on Instagram as well. You can find us there The Christian O'Connell show, he said, putting his sheet up. All right, what have I got this week? Oh? Yeah, a TV show I've got into. I try to I try to get the kids to watch it with me. They did make nine minutes of it before they said this is boring, but for me, this is great. The repair Shop. Oh I love this. I know you know as kids, I used to love Show and Tell. Right, it feels like a grown up version of Show and Tell. You get people from all walks of life who brings something in that is of value to them. It's it's not like antiques road show. It's about the financial value in it's broken and they tell you a little story about the people take it away, they repair it, they bring it back. These people, it just literally it blows their hearts wide apart. There was a lady who had a house fire. The house burnt to the ground. Her friends came around to see what they could get out the wreckage. They happen to find a bit of a necklace and this woman said it'd been in her family eight generations. Each generation put the mum's hair in it, so it seemed to pass on and they repaired it. And the joy it gave this woman, it gave us something but a connection with a family tree. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: How do you repair of mother's hair?
Speaker 4: They dug them up. They they don't know they really did. They exhumed them. I think it's called e zooming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, eighth centuries.
Speaker 2: It didn't like a market.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, they're out in the back. They build time traveling machine jacket. They went back to the old month. It's called repair shop. I absolutely loved it. The other thing I'm really into at the moment is there's a brilliant show from the Michael Connolly thriller books with the detective Harry Bosh. It's back. He's got his own spinoff show now on Amazon Prime. Yeah, it is Amazon Prime Bosh Legacy. I've seen the first two episodes. That is brilliant and tonight, me, the kids and my wife were all beyond the couch. It is back for season two. Our favorite TV show of last year, Hacks is back on Stan. Our favorite TV show of last year thought was outstanding. Hacks is back tonight. If you're not seeing it, check it out. Season one is already up there on stand. Those are my double thumbs up.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Late Ons.
Speaker 4: Wanna your chance to taste the cakes that are in the studio now that me, Jack and Patsy made yesterday. We are supporting Councer Council and I hope you guys do over May. In June take part in Australia's biggest morning tea. You can do it your way. Mail June with Cancer Counsel. We'll get into it morerow after seven o'clock. All I will say right now is baking is very hard.
Speaker 3: Yes, yep, I agree. I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 4: Cooking is more fun, right, baking is precise, like really painstaking precise, and had I gotta be honest. I had a melt down yesterday. Dear mine and my daughters love to bait and they said, but the thing is, Dad, you need to have patience and you need to take it time. Those are two things that you are sworn anyway of. That's why I really struggled yesterday. All Right, we got some emails that have coming overnight that aren't about pictures of your dogs for late to the party. Late all right, we call this latest party. You can chip into anything we ever talk about on the show, where you catching up my podcast or hear us talking about something a couple of days ago, when you're too busy to call in, we call it lates the party. Email dress say it's Christian at Christian O'Connor dot com dot au. First one comes some Greg, Christian, I've got our dad life hack for Jack. Great Jack has been saying that he's not got enough time to sit down and watch an entire TV show with Bianchor at the moment with having a little baby Gordon, I'm also a new dad of a six week old and a three and a half year old, so a tried and tested method. Are comedy shows that are sub twenty five minutes an episode.
Speaker 3: I think that's what we've got to go for. You guys are talking about these hour long dramas. Yeah, we can't fit that in. Yeah, big bang theory.
Speaker 4: We probably got to tell you. What it's worth buying or looking into. Is that there's a thing you can call called pause, No it ruins it. What means you can come back to it like a day or an hour or two later or whatever. That this means you get through series and short bites, and most importantly, you can have a laugh when things are exhausted and tough. Some recommendations are it's always sunny in Philadelphia. I've never seen that, is it good? Yeah? Turn out of ten favorite comedy Wow by Seinfeld. Yes, impossible, get out of the studio. If we didn't know that the interview stage, you would not be on the show Rio. I've got a term on saying Brooklyn nine nine saw or that we love that. That's a great show. Goldberg's is a great one.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I think there's actually only like twenty two minutes, isn't it, Patsy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're brilliant up to the ninth season. We can watch that on repay.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 2: You will love it.
Speaker 4: Actually, it is really really good ap bio so I know it. I don't know that one ted Lasso you've seen te Las. Yeah, that was great, Greg, Thank you very much for that. Christian, I have a suggestion for your future show game. There's a band that taints modern songs and reworks them into a nineteen forty stars song music. You can check them out on YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music. Oh, thank you very much all the details. That's sort normally sort of thing and the people like me have to bore you with. Oh have you've had your podcast? It's called Scott Bradley's post Modern Jukebox? All right, team? What song is this? In a nineteen forties Styley?
Speaker 2: I do so, Lunch?
Speaker 6: I take.
Speaker 4: Well known song from the eighties.
Speaker 2: Oh Madonna or Sydney Lauper hang on no no no, no no no no no that is George Michael. Yes, and what is the song keyless Whisper?
Speaker 4: Yes? Well, yeah, that's very good. So now you know it's Kenni's Whisper. Do you hear? So?
Speaker 7: Lunch?
Speaker 4: All right? What's this you have and will never be? Where? The barnaby. Jackie get this. He used to work on this kind of radio station. Ella Ella Ella will done. Jackie boy, you can tell the bio fox. This is said great song. That is a great idea. Thank you very much, Christoph. And this comes from Jane Christian bit behind on the podcast this week. But I heard about the wall of dogs idea and couldn't help be a bit disappointed about my idea when I said my baby on there and you said maybe we could have just one megababy. I've come up with a combined idea. Maybe my mega baby could be at the front riding a mega marimba. Listen, there's already enough going on this wall of dogs or twenty one various docks. Okay, we can have a baby riding a dog. This is supposed to be promoting the show. This is already bizarre enough. We're just twenty one random dogs up there. Also, we've seen the mock ups. Now what it looks like. It looks like a police line, it does, or the poster off from her train spotting from the nineties. Thank you very much. Your emails as always email address whenever you want it, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com.
Speaker 1: Do you Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: If you're going anywhere here since Kilda this morning? Check out Aklan Street. The mural is is that first? Is that done? Now? Isn't it?
Speaker 3: You look done?
Speaker 4: I tell you what, they have been very kind, those painters. I owe them several beers. I put up yesterday on my Instagram and online and people like they've taken years off you.
Speaker 8: Yea.
Speaker 4: Even the kids went, good god, you're like twenty years younger. And that ain't a compliment, said good god before it? Is it? You look a lot of a bit like what filter they use? Is this brick work? And then I'm saying, looks like Fonzie looks like an advent for you Greece musical. Someone said, like the young Richard Nixon was my favorite.
Speaker 3: I think I would say a thick, luscious hair.
Speaker 4: Lofe very very luscious up there. The coloring of it as well. It looks like I've been resting for a year, doesn't it, and had a lot of botox and whatever whatever works someone can have done. That's what looks like. So and that's what they're going to do for those dogs, those twenty one dogs they've got on the Wall of Dogs. Next week they're all going to get that treatment as well. All right, then, let's play the one second winner like we do on a Friday do with our ongoing eights o the nineties. This week it was all about the letter K so the one second winner testing Jack and Pats and you guys, how well do you know the songs of the nineties? Just for one second clip, it's all about the letter K so the artist to do with the letter K or the song title. Who is this.
Speaker 3: Garbage?
Speaker 4: It is a garbage song. I'll give you a point for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kiss something to do with kissing kick.
Speaker 4: I don't think any any of we get I wouldn't have got this one. Did it again? Oh it's not great one.
Speaker 3: He had some bigger hits than that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, this huge hit from the nineties.
Speaker 3: Killing Me Softly by Why don't we just put.
Speaker 4: Ninety percent of that song toysed? Isn't there? Oh you need to say we've done sixty six percent of the work, two out of the three words and the song tes le Yes, it is killing me soft better than Hey, you guys got that? What about this? Oh?
Speaker 9: Kiss?
Speaker 2: This thing? Goodbye? Was it the I want to say the bad Loves, but it wasn't the Bad Loves?
Speaker 4: No, but I'll give you forgiven getting the song tits right Elementary brill Scottish band from the nineties kissed the singer bo We paid it yesterday, old friend of the show, old friend of the show? How is he with that? By? They had to be who's winning? I've not been paying attention.
Speaker 2: I think we're even, aren't we this week?
Speaker 4: Jack? We're all friends today playing nice? Who's this?
Speaker 3: Keep the fake? That's the only reason I'm doing well this week.
Speaker 4: One second win is now we'll go just replace one of the song title words faith. This is a song. I don't know whether our music headed music gets a keep back from this person. But we play this lot?
Speaker 3: Can I guess before we?
Speaker 4: Because you can, I'll give you one million points to do with k off Air always go. Will we a flipping wedding disco? No?
Speaker 3: It's not where?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mom and me? What's the name of the song?
Speaker 4: Though, Well, that's the quiz I'm going to written down. It's cheating if I just read out give us a clue though without is Yeah, I'm hunging it. I'm saying it and humming it once more close your used to play a long.
Speaker 2: Constant.
Speaker 3: I'm further away from the answer than.
Speaker 4: I was at the new feature next week. I hum it, you guess it? Cooling now, listener, I hum it, you guess it? Here it is once more. Win a prize you can gets a song from.
Speaker 1: That Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're justn't playing the one second winner like we do every Friday. To do with the ages said of the nineties, where I played Jack and Patsy and you guys, once second of a song is to do with the letter of the Week of the nineties about the letter K. Neither of them could guess this song, So to help them out, I hummed the chorus in a very powerful humming fashion, like so I think that is gettable. Someone's saying, maybe this is a new feature. I hum it, you guess it, Belinda.
Speaker 10: Hey, Christian, I don't mean to be mean on a Friday, but you sounded really pathetic and I couldn't get.
Speaker 1: It from your.
Speaker 11: Like you were grudging to interrupt somebody. I'm pretty sure that I.
Speaker 4: Could do better, all right, Do you know the song?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I do. What are you thinking? Let me just do it again just because you need to hear it again. And you were in a rush once more.
Speaker 10: Really not healthy, but I think it's young hearts run free, and I think it's the right answer.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what. Let's do it again. Chack you counter saying you sort of do your bit a hum.
Speaker 3: And the two okay, one two three.
Speaker 4: At a four in.
Speaker 3: That's how you're doing music?
Speaker 4: All right, do it again? Sorry, so I come in up?
Speaker 3: What the four after the four?
Speaker 4: Yeah, alright, gotcha?
Speaker 3: And one two are one two three four? Linda's as much better.
Speaker 4: Isn't it? But Linda, it is the right answer. We're send you a signed Jack post post it not. Here is the song right now, our first ever winner on You Guess It.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast yesterday evening.
Speaker 4: I struggled. I really struggled. I was. I I like cooking, right, but baking really really struggle with. And when you see the photos of what I've brought in today, that is a man who struggled. It doesn't look right, It doesn't look healthy, even if you don't know what a cake should look like, even if an alien land and he saw they go that ain't a cake? Does someone sit on that? Or did a ill child with no eyes or no taste sense make that? It looks like its guts are falling out the site.
Speaker 3: What's meant to be a sponge cake? Looks like two pancakes with cream in the middle.
Speaker 4: On yourself, No, I'm not, that's just that is what it looks. Doesn't look very good.
Speaker 3: He took did you see? He took a photo of with Perry. He's going to put it on Instagram, and he tilted it so that it was a bird's eye view.
Speaker 4: Because what they're doing that tent on bacoff.
Speaker 3: From the top it looks like a real cakes. Great from the side, it looks any c W.
Speaker 2: A lady will tell you a sponge is the hardest thing in the kitchen. Why didn't you tell me that, yesterda, I wasn't going to tell you that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mum said the same thing, you too, are all Why wouldn't you tell me?
Speaker 4: I thought this was very simple.
Speaker 3: At the time. I didn't know when my mum said, last sight, sponge is very hard to get right to real art?
Speaker 4: Do you know I how to do this? S morner. Right, So to make the in the middle between the two sponge pancake bit's right, you've gotta whip up cream, right and jam and so to whip it up, my wife's got one these what you called handheld blender. She said, you have to do it in the morning. You can't make it the night before because it might sort of break down. And so I thought, well, I don't want to wake up I don't want to wake up the family at five. Whipping up cream not going to go down. Well, right, there'd been moaning about that for the rest of the weekend. Right, so the only place to go find that was quiet. I had to go into the garage, shut the door, plug it, take the plug out the freezer. Right now, I'm panicking. Did I even put that chat thing back? Oh god? Anyway, I used the so good that to plug this thing. And now I don't make you go with the light in our in our garage, right, if you don't move a lot sense the lights, it goes off. No. So I literally, because I couldn't fling my arms around because I'm holding the cream and the whisk, I actually sort of kicked my leg out. So this isn't I'm not enjoying this. You don't see this in that tent on baker now. You mentioned your mom was around yesterday evening. I shared a couple of photos of how I was getting on right, trying to make it all up, and it's not gone very well. For a guy that likes to take photos of everything, had a photo shoot Sunday as his gift to his wife on Mother's Day. No photos, no no.
Speaker 3: I promise you my.
Speaker 4: A song to the talking here, but I smell no rat in the Yeah, mummy, rat was my mom was round yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mom came around when the yo yos were already well and truly in the oven. I promise you I made those. I whipped them up all by myself. She did help with the icing. Come on, mummy, Hell she did help with the icing, just to show me the way that she likes.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, keep on showing me, mummy, Keep on show Jill rats jack rat family.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows that baking is the hard part is why didn't you do that? A lot of them?
Speaker 2: I do believe last time we did the cakes. You accuse me when I put the video of audio mixed, she just speaks for five seconds, mummy, can I mix?
Speaker 4: Can I mix?
Speaker 2: And then there was a big conspiracy over that, wasn't that yours?
Speaker 4: That yours looks aspiciously good?
Speaker 3: Thank you? And I did that myself.
Speaker 4: There's no way, there's no way, Jill Post let me grandma posts and stuff.
Speaker 3: I made them myself. And if I don't get.
Speaker 4: Your mum did some of your homework and school projects, like if you had to make a volcano, Mama Post is doing it.
Speaker 3: That's you know what? In year seven I got this thing called the English Award for a story I wrote. Came up with the story.
Speaker 4: What's a story I'm tying to know? It was?
Speaker 3: It was about two ant hills adverse each other, and it was kind of a metaphor for the US occupation in Iraq, and.
Speaker 4: It described in a few ways about the unjust war and some of this, however, not between two rival and hills.
Speaker 3: To be honest, it kind of went over my head, but it didn't go over the English teacher's head because she gave it the English War in front of the whole school. I collected this prestigious.
Speaker 4: Did you tell even any of your mobs? I couldn't know because they tell someone they spent. Well, we well, he's got former guys.
Speaker 3: But the biscuits.
Speaker 4: I last night and hell mom was back and hill Mom is back. So this morning you can go and taste the cakes were talking about. So your mum made no, I made yo yo to catch them out. Then see, I've seen yours. Have you seen them?
Speaker 2: They're like tear drops, tear drops. Theres making them. I can tell you I had to throw out the first batch. I think I overdid it with the vinegar.
Speaker 4: Peratsy had the toughest gig, right, Okay, an ancient recipe that was barely in English of we're not working us up, six hundred year old recipe for medieval donuts. They look evil.
Speaker 3: Obviously back in the olden days they didn't know what a donut was meant to be. No, they don't.
Speaker 2: Look it's evolved since then.
Speaker 4: But they look what do they taste like?
Speaker 2: That batch is actually edible? The first just simply.
Speaker 4: Was not actually recorded this yesterday with her and a daughter in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: This first batch is it absolute disaster? Come and have a peer, Come and have a tape. Here, grab a sperm. It's the vinegar in them. No, but don't think like Duncan Donuts or Krispy Crane.
Speaker 4: That's I know, but that's actually revolting that this is a dog table exactly all right, So if you want to taste them this morning, they're actually out there now, aren't they. Yeah, they're on Patsy's ones. I've just walked out of the building becomes self aware. Where are they Hoddle Street at the Magic Car or.
Speaker 3: The Magic cow Wash next to the Hungry Jackson Hoddle Street, Punt Road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, so they're out there now. You'll see the Black Thunder. Taste them. Let us know what you think of them. The reason why we're doing all this supporting a great cause this month and next month do this as well, support Councer Council by taking part in Australia's biggest morning tea. You can do it your way May and June with Councer Counsel.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 4: The Time for Knockoff Friday. Whill we ask you the best question of the week. What time are you down intools knocking off today? And then what is the highlight of your weekend? Patsy, what's it for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got to block. I've got to get cleared today. My chakras having an my chakras are blocked. I'm going to my heeler. I sought out this magnificent guy down the surf coast over easter and had a massage and he worked on my chakras. My seven points, which one was blocked?
Speaker 4: Let me guess your route one or your base?
Speaker 2: All of them said, I was very clogged up. So I'm going back.
Speaker 4: To I'm now trained to do shakle clearing. Never one and two. I can actually change money and treat people.
Speaker 3: You should be doing this during the songs.
Speaker 4: Then got stuff to do.
Speaker 3: Clear seven blocked up, She's funny, blocked up, unblocked the news reader.
Speaker 2: I'm going there today and for you, I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Jackie boy archery, Yes, like a young Robin Hood. I'll be getting my eye in at the archery park tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Another fact, he's still self identifying as young twenty four. He still thinks less impatsy's denying young.
Speaker 3: Well, how old was Robin Hood?
Speaker 4: His twenties? Yeah? Probably fictional character? Remember him? All right? So I'm off for lunch today with a guy. You see me my boss about twenty six years ago, before I ever worked to radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what job was it?
Speaker 4: I worked in sales and one sounds an enthusiastic team member, and I know he had a real problem with me. I used to have a lot of those. You know there's one on ones. They sort of take you through attitude and not want to be there. Anyway, we're meeting up today for lunch. We now now we're both in this country. He is running a rival mob.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, we're both here and sleeping.
Speaker 4: You just having lunch with Sony. I don't know how the lunch is going to go. He is a very attractive man. You showing I desert today.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Question highlight my weekend and arrived yesterday a brand new drone to chase the pesky possums around my house. What are you? Samity Sam?
Speaker 3: What's he going to do with that in the roof and try to follow up them and they come out.
Speaker 4: Like one am when they're not scuttling around, You're gonna what the lights of the drone? And that just pursuing them around the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and how dex style do you have to be the fly drone through the raft as if your roof.
Speaker 4: And also what was that word? Jack just said? Dex stars no textile fabric dexterous.
Speaker 3: But to have dexterity.
Speaker 4: Exist, that's the word.
Speaker 3: Yes, well they should make that word.
Speaker 4: Come on, dictionary weavers. All right, knock off Fridays. What'll tell me you knocking off today? What is the highlight of your weekend? Nine four one four one o four three? Ray?
Speaker 5: You're good Christian?
Speaker 4: Here you going? We're good? Ray, welcome to the show. Ray, what tell me you're knocking off today? Sir?
Speaker 5: I'm knocking off of five o'clock and then I'm heading up to a Chuka for the Southern eighty.
Speaker 4: Now what is the Southern eighty at a Chukah?
Speaker 5: The Southern eighty is a water ski race on the Murray River. They average about a one hundred miles an hour. Oh my god, water skiing?
Speaker 4: What one hundred do you mean? One hundred ks an hour? One hundred miles?
Speaker 3: Now miles an hour?
Speaker 5: One hundred and sixty kilometers?
Speaker 4: What and someone on water skis is going at that speed? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Why didn't you know a boat could go that fast?
Speaker 5: Oh, they're pretty quick boats bloody.
Speaker 4: Quin boats eno musk powering it or something. And so for eighty k's you're hanging on to the skis and that little handle.
Speaker 5: Yeah pretty much. Yes, How long.
Speaker 4: Will that take to do eighty ks?
Speaker 5: About thirty minutes?
Speaker 4: What your water skiing NonStop for half an hour?
Speaker 7: About that?
Speaker 5: As far as I'm aware, I've never actually been.
Speaker 8: I'm really easy.
Speaker 4: It's a real vague about it. Actually, one. I don't think that's the speed any shoe was going on. Imagine you come up just they're finding bits in me for weeks afterwards, I found another eye here.
Speaker 5: They do say someone dies every year when they come off.
Speaker 4: So that's the advertising slogan for some of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not in to advertised that. I'm just going to have a good drawant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the specter of death looming in the air went fun, right, Yeah, you take care and if we don't hear him next week, we're not ended. Your mate say, can we look into the can anyone just.
Speaker 3: Verify what it is?
Speaker 2: A massive race? But I don't know what speeds they get.
Speaker 3: Olympic websites they's skis regularly reached speeds of up to ninety five miles per hour. Okay, so he was giving a little color of mayo, but not that much mayo.
Speaker 4: I know they go that fast for half an hour. It's so far that is extreme, all right, Rachel? Good morning, Hello Rachel. Yes, hello, hello Rachel. And what are you up to this weekend? What's the highlight of your weekend? Mate?
Speaker 12: So I'm on my way to work now, She would finish around ten ten thirty tonight. I'm thinking now I want to go to a chooka.
Speaker 4: Break the speed.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so, but no, I'm a big Eurovision fand so a couple of the girls from work are coming over bright and early and we're gonna watch it live hopefully.
Speaker 4: So live is like early in the morning here, isn't it?
Speaker 12: Yeah, about six am on Sunday?
Speaker 5: I think what you got?
Speaker 4: The girls come around at like five or six am to watch you Eurovision? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Well hopefully.
Speaker 4: And what are you going to do? You're not having drinks or anything at six am?
Speaker 12: Well, I'm working Saturday night as well, so I might just not go to sleep and then it doesn't count, right, Nina.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you try that. See how next week shapes out for you, Rachel. But Rachel, enjoy Eurovision with your mates on Sunday at six a m. Great, thanks guys, and we have another Rachel here. Rachel, Hi, how are you going good? It sounds out you want to chew cut the back of a jet ski And Rachel, what time are you knocking off today? Knocking off at four oh six? It's so precise, four six y four o six.
Speaker 12: Because I work childcare staves up and those are the times.
Speaker 8: That's the time on my roster.
Speaker 7: So hopefully I've enough children to go on home.
Speaker 10: I can go home at four oh six.
Speaker 3: So accurate. It's if the day ends at four. But if you don't get your child by four oh six, too bad.
Speaker 4: We're god.
Speaker 11: Up.
Speaker 8: There's other lovely educators there till six pm.
Speaker 4: And then then what's the highlight fore you reach this weekend?
Speaker 12: Practicing, cooking, thanking for my morning.
Speaker 13: Team next weekend?
Speaker 4: Hi, you're doing it like we're doing today for Cancer Council.
Speaker 12: Yes, that's right, but I'm hosting nine atsus crossing McDonald's.
Speaker 10: There.
Speaker 4: That's and when is it next weekend? Ten thirty Saturday morning?
Speaker 14: That's right?
Speaker 4: All right, we'll give it another plug, but you just make a note to give that another plunka for next Friday. What are you going to be making next next Saturday? Yeah, next Saturday. Sorry, that's right, And what are you making?
Speaker 14: I'm going to be making butter cookies.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you if you're going to have you it's Jack Jack.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I heard that.
Speaker 4: I made myself can to cancer. We'll hear this as well, like the Angel.
Speaker 14: Sorry, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 4: She listens to the morning.
Speaker 12: Actually listen to your station every morning by working four key.
Speaker 14: Thank you very much on the love of the drove.
Speaker 9: Yeah, chuck it on, yeah, check it on.
Speaker 4: All right, Rachel, thank you very much. Having a good weekend.
Speaker 1: You took Christian Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: A lot of people on text, a lot of emails, all talk about the Southern eighty after old Mate there earlier Christian. David just emailed me even though old mate was a bit vague. I love the phrase. It's such a great Australian phrase. I've come to love old mate, Christian, even though old mate was a bit vague. I have friends that go up to that extreme race every year, and I can attest good word David. I kind of tested everything he said is true. They really do go at insane and highly dangerous speeds. It's unbelievable, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Like, if it's so dangerous and actually people losing their lives, how does it keep going year after year?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Do you think that's because it's a little bit further out than the city. Yeah, it's kind of you just get away with it, you know, like where Patsy it's it's lawless. That's when you're documentary coming this weekend to SBS Christian O'Connell's Lawless Australia. Right, sorry, we're doing knock on Friday watch, I mean knocking off today? And what is the highlight of your weekend for some of you hunting possums around your house with a new drug? David, good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning Christian, Jack Petty it off?
Speaker 4: So well, what time are you knocking off today?
Speaker 5: I had knocked off. I've just dropped my wife at the train stace my uh workday.
Speaker 4: And what is the highlight of your weekend now that you drop your wife at the station?
Speaker 5: But my wife is organ almost I believe a surprised wee team that I've cottoned onto that we're catching up with some family members on setting in the city. So We're going for two nights tonight and catching up with some family members that I have did a bit.
Speaker 4: That's why she's kept us a surprise. So I just said, it's these people that I'm not going to that it's a really nice surprise, and we've got two nights.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit, I think. But anyway, yes, I.
Speaker 4: Understand today, David is really hard to understand. With your mobile make We're going to have to let you go. But good luck with the old mystery meet up this weekend. Dear David Brett, Good morning, Brett's good.
Speaker 6: Morning, Good morning Christian, Patsy and Jack.
Speaker 4: Is this our old friend Brett Timmins him of neighbours fame. That's the one get person lovely to speak to you always, Brett. What are you up to this weekend? Mate?
Speaker 6: Mad I'm very excited. I'll be knocking off at about midday today. My partner will be coming down from Mansfield. We'll come down, we'll go out to dinner tonight and then tomorrow night.
Speaker 5: Very excited.
Speaker 6: Got a party on and to dresses the decades. It's a friend's twenty first, twenty first birthday party.
Speaker 4: You're going seventies seventies.
Speaker 6: I'm going seventies.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and have you raided in.
Speaker 4: The neighbour's sort of wardrobe to get a really great out there? Missus Mango's dress.
Speaker 6: I should have partaken in a few items from that place when I left it.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 6: But funny enough, though, I've got a couple of mates, my same mates, who have still got some of the shirts from the seventies, so I'm going to borrow a couple.
Speaker 4: Awesome. Ah, So that is a great idea. Well, enjoy, Brett, have a lovely weekend. Joy your party. I will too.
Speaker 6: A fantastic face, guys, cheers.
Speaker 4: Jenny, Hello, radio call it Hey Jenny, welcome to the show. And what time you knock it off today?
Speaker 8: I've knocked off already.
Speaker 4: How come I was dinner?
Speaker 8: I worked night shifts at the hospital and I'm looking after mums and their babies.
Speaker 4: So your midwife. Yeah, ah, what a great service you do. Thank you so much for are you and your team and all the amazing, literally life giving work you do.
Speaker 8: Oh, it's the best job in the world.
Speaker 4: How long you have been doing that, Jenny?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 8: More years than I'd care to mention.
Speaker 4: And did you have a couple overnight.
Speaker 8: Well, are you help with the birth? Yeah, one berth overnight, looked after the lady afterwards. So yeah, no, it's really nice. Lovely, beautiful, beautiful baby girl.
Speaker 4: Gorgeous and Jenny have a lovely weekend. Enjoy week end.
Speaker 8: Thank you well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: So yesterday me, Jack and Patsy, we're in our kitchens yesterday evening struggling baking. Take a bark in Cancer Council's Australia's biggest morning Tea for a great course happening throughout May and June with Cancer Council. I hope you get involved. Do it over the next couple of fridays. If you are let us snow we'll give it a plug, tradees, fieries, wherever you are at working a Friday, get involved it. It's really hard, but I have to say it was good fun, all right. So I tried try to make something called a Victorious sponge and quintessentially British kind of cake. Jackie boy, your mum made for you?
Speaker 3: No, I made some yo yo biscuits or by myself and Mum helped us a couple. But the hard stuff is definitely the best.
Speaker 4: You all know that kid at school is Mum helmed a bit in the school project, and Patsy had the toughest thing to do.
Speaker 2: Yes, as always six hundred year old medieval donuts.
Speaker 4: But to be honest, you brought this recipe People Show last Friday. You were raving about.
Speaker 2: It in double say make them, but you're urging.
Speaker 4: Listeners to all right, so do we want to go back down to Hoddle Street where these cakes all are? Right now? Look outside? You want to go on? Oh my god, you see a day like that? Starve Will Smith. I'm a get a movie just them and a dog. The only thing that survived you are no.
Speaker 3: As I was driving in this morning, I was driving down Panade and thinking, who's gonna want to get out of their car to try? Some mankey bankers on a day like.
Speaker 4: This actually always be upselling everything.
Speaker 3: So I drive past the Magic Wash car wash where the bake sale is. They've got a sign up there that we've put up there that says please don't queue at the punt Road entrance. Harry stars kind if we're putting it on a final at the MCG.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I didn't know that, all right? So do we want to hear what people are saying about our cakes. Yes, let's go to George who did go on to detour too magic car wash on Hoddle Street where you can still do that as well. George High Christian, it's George.
Speaker 3: Was just trying to sponge and it is delightful seven out.
Speaker 4: Of ten delightful for the sponge. Erica.
Speaker 1: Hey, Christian, it's Erica.
Speaker 15: I think today I'm going to be voting for the Victorian sponge cake.
Speaker 7: It's a bit tough, but a plus.
Speaker 3: For effort from me, so that's getting my vote today.
Speaker 4: Thank you. What lovely people.
Speaker 3: I don't like I smell a rig as well. You're in control of the buttons and I know there's like put these up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, Christian, I'm looking at all these trades now. Your sponge looks good, but a bit flat. It's very donuts Sta like donuts and all. They look like we're mean to old scullops or something. Jacks are the best.
Speaker 4: We post chair. There's a for thieves.
Speaker 15: Sally Hey, Christian, it's Sally here. I just tried Jack's Yo yo's because to be honest, they looked the safest of all the options. They were quite buttery, but not too dense, So I reckon they're a clear winner.
Speaker 4: Worried your mum about that? Just on that butter old chill.
Speaker 3: I'm so annoyed because I actually did bake, put the time in.
Speaker 4: The photos. No photos were shared For a guy who takes photos of everything.
Speaker 3: My hands had icing sugar over.
Speaker 4: Guilty hands have got no rhythm. That was their line. George Michael threw away from Killer's whisper Marie. Hey, it's Marie.
Speaker 2: I've just come down to check out your baked.
Speaker 15: I tried the donut and it wasn't really donuty, but it was great.
Speaker 4: That is gray, and Patsy did her own, so well done, Patsy Mitchie.
Speaker 3: High Christian, it's Mitch.
Speaker 16: I just tried some of Patsy's little donut things here. They're they're a little tough, probably a four out of five for me.
Speaker 4: Five is high. Listen.
Speaker 3: He has even trouble calling it a donut. Listen to him again, High Christian, it's Mitch.
Speaker 16: I just tried some of Patsy's little donut things.
Speaker 4: Don't look like don they do like tried old crushers. I love the guy. Michael described this really old scallops. Do you know what I think Patsy is the winner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you put in the most efforts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, many years affair to your mum. Your mum worked very hard. God take Jill Boast. Ease up on that, butter.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: There's a mural that's going up promoting the show with my mug on it. It's almost done now on Ackland Street and the team that they've flowing in from Sydney have actually done a very good job. I look about one hundred years younger. I look, I've just been born, actual reborn. Sense of surgery there actually hasn't yet been invented. It's a man of the future.
Speaker 3: Have they finished you? We know if they've finished yet.
Speaker 4: That they just knocked off. There was a great bit tin of paint at the corner of my chin as well.
Speaker 3: Because maybe they're coming back tomorrow to age you. So if they are just standing.
Speaker 4: Down, yeah, I might drop them off so they can so they can see how I am now. So the reason why we're talking about this this week as well. Otherwise, what do you care is that actually we're giving you the chance to have your own mural, and we had lots of great calls this week or what you'd like on your own warm The wall is an amazing street in this great city, which is Ligon Street. So the mural will be painted next week and lots of the calls we're talking about people that would love their dogs up there, because if you have a dog, you love your dog and they love us. So we thought, what's better than one dog is an entire wall of your dog. So we have a wall. It's on lig On Street. We can fit twenty one dogs in. We've been asking you simply just to pitch. You know, your pooch almost said what we were working the corner, but obviously couldn't few It's Friday and we does he have had thousands enter Bitch your.
Speaker 12: Pooch, bitch your puppy, Palmer Radians and huskies to get their faces painted.
Speaker 4: On our wall. Now, we hate giving you bad news on a show, but there is only room for twenty one dogs. There has to be a limit. And I guarantee even if your dog doesn't go up there, you're obviously a dog lover. I hope you will support the wall of dogs out there because it is going to look amazing. The dogs are all going to look up there, look so good up there, painted in mural form. Here are some of the ones who haven't made it on so far. Have got the good news yesterday who had the dog.
Speaker 16: In wood He has actually died and come back to late before.
Speaker 13: My thing hond dog Henry, and Henry really really great at his work.
Speaker 11: That'stra boy.
Speaker 14: He's almost seventeen. A marveless family dog.
Speaker 5: We'd love him up there.
Speaker 10: My dog was Sabi made. She's an icy chuana.
Speaker 7: Differ it.
Speaker 1: She actually saved my life back in two.
Speaker 2: Thousand and I Doug is ready to rip the dogs of Melbourne on the Wall of Dogs.
Speaker 16: My boy Nuka deserves to be on the wall purely because he burkes in people's mouths if he doesn't like them.
Speaker 4: Nuka also, I'll always remember that that dog as well. It's a feld Bomb dog. Obviously at the top gun Bomb Dog Academy. They rinsed him out and he now just likes watching The Simpsons. I love Nukah, the feld Bomb dog who can also beouching people's faces that he doesn't like. They deserve to go up. The dog that came back from the dead and that spicy chawower. All right, So we now have some tough calls to make and some good calls to make. We have a load of you on hold, eagerly waiting to find out if your pooch is going on that wall about to be the most famous wall of dogs in the world. He's going to Lind the first of all.
Speaker 9: Linda, Hello, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Linda, So remind us of mister Fiji. Why would mister Fiji deserve to go on the wall.
Speaker 9: It's mister Fuji, and he's a beautiful, a squeishy pug, and he's got such range. You've seen photos of him as a bunny rabbit, a plum pudding. He's been a cowboy. He's got a little high vis vest so he can come to construction sites with me. So I think he needs have one of these beautiful photos.
Speaker 3: It is essentially the village of people of pugs.
Speaker 4: Doesn't he looks so pissed off because you've dressed him as a Frenchman And he.
Speaker 9: Always looks that happy when he's dressed up.
Speaker 4: No, pugs always look like they're already just to launch in you and dig you up with the right hand or something. But he looks he's off a beret at a jaun tyangle and a neckerchief. He looks filthy.
Speaker 9: He's filthy. He hates it, so does he's Dad.
Speaker 13: I'm in charge.
Speaker 1: So it's happening, Linda.
Speaker 4: We need a piste off Pug in the wall. Amazing everyone, Pug on the wall in he's in the angry French pug. He's up there. His expression is one of my favorite ones, is going to be on there. That's great, Linda, Thank you all right, thank you for telling us about your also and dog. Let's go to Bill right now. Bill, I love seeing the phototos of you and Boff.
Speaker 17: He's he's a big, gentle giant. He's basically an eighty seven kilo lap dog.
Speaker 3: Crush your leg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is a very very big dog, So Bell, Why should Buff be up there on the wall of dogs?
Speaker 17: Oh? Buff was a rescue dog, mistreated before we picked him up. We've given him the best life he could possibly have and it brings us joy. Just looking at his big buffhead, I think that I just don't know if that wall is big enough.
Speaker 3: For his bullhead.
Speaker 4: I tell you what I love about his buffet. He looks like he's got this again on the pug, a very intimidating frown on him.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we are actually last Christmas for walking through the Christmas lights in our street. And this little kid come up and said, oh my.
Speaker 5: God, that look a giant a bug.
Speaker 4: Huge. We need on the wall that big old buff head. Oh mate, thank you very much. Buffy is on the wall with his big thank you, Greg, frowning at anyone who comes near him. He has to be out there, gorgeous dog. And good on you for someone rescue dogs as well. Thank you, Bill, Thank you. All right, let's go to Lisa.
Speaker 12: Hello, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good?
Speaker 11: Well you you've got to have Bruno on the wall.
Speaker 12: He's just the biggest Stays fan ever. He sits and watches the TV with us.
Speaker 4: But wait, you had me.
Speaker 3: I hate this one just because you put him in the demon.
Speaker 4: Put hate them up random?
Speaker 3: You think them random, and I thought.
Speaker 7: Get out the.
Speaker 4: Angry Bombers fan. Don't worry about.
Speaker 5: That dog.
Speaker 12: He's a celebrity when he walks down the street.
Speaker 4: He's got that winning scarf around his neck. Bruno, the d super fan.
Speaker 3: The Elephant Man was a celebrity.
Speaker 4: Oh no, who's that dog hates her today?
Speaker 12: And when he wants to wake you up, he sneezes and.
Speaker 4: Delightful like all the Steve fans. Lisa, Bruno's on the ball in his d scarf. Gods that that's priceless, that is brilliant.
Speaker 14: I'm his nanny anyway, I'm not his owner. My son is his owner.
Speaker 9: Leon Leon.
Speaker 12: Leon's holiday in Queensland, so Bruno's having a holiday without.
Speaker 4: Dogs.
Speaker 5: So he's my fair agent.
Speaker 4: His agents receiving the good news right now, Do let Bruno hope he's still supporting the D's this Sunday, do let Bruno the news. We catch up with him on that holiday. He's on a sun lounger right now.
Speaker 12: We'll take him up to make sure the portrait's done perfectly and he gets his best angle.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, all right, Lisa, lovely stuff, all right, the squeeze in two more, Jake, morning, Christian, tell us about your royal dog Tink.
Speaker 13: Tink is my son's best friend. We've had Tink for about ten years and she and my son and my son's twelve. They joined at the hip and during COVID. She was his best friend when he was doing school from home. We got that particular picture was made for him for his birth. It's proudly above his bed, looking over his bedroom, which is also tinks.
Speaker 4: It's true what this is. Just you understand. It's a royal portrait, isn't it, with that high collar like a king Charles called King Charles.
Speaker 13: But she's Jack Rustle across Foxy, who didn't grow much beer than football.
Speaker 4: It's a tiny little pee head up there as well. To make up the books. We got to have balance up as well. But a boy's best friend, a kid's best friend is a dog. If you've got them, that's a great one. Jake, he's on the wall. Awesome, tell you by you can go and see it next week. Tink will be up there.
Speaker 13: Excellent. Thanks very much, Christian.
Speaker 4: Thanks you, Jake. Have a lovely weekend. And let's go to who we got here?
Speaker 14: Miranda, Miranda, how are you going all right?
Speaker 4: So tell us about Barry. Great name for a dog.
Speaker 9: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 14: So my dog's Barry, the border Collie, and he is the most handsome dog in Melbourn. So every day we go for walks up lots of people tell me he's handsome, even if I'm holding my daughter.
Speaker 8: That are interested in her.
Speaker 14: Just Barry and everyone wants to breed him. So Christian, if you want your wall to look beautiful, you need Barry on it.
Speaker 4: Well, Miranda, I'm sorry, we've got no more places on the wall. Is a beautiful dog, Barry. We saw it yesterday and he is a stud.
Speaker 14: Thank you, thank you, And he's really well behaved. And I actually have Jack Post to take for that. Yeah, from your segment was ages ago. I actually was pregnant and Barry was a nut case. And I remember you talking about your dog and a dog trainer. So I met this you on Instagram and got the dog trainer. Now he's amazing.
Speaker 3: He knows dog.
Speaker 14: Legend.
Speaker 4: Is he quite a character, isn't he. He scared me when he came out.
Speaker 14: She scared the whole household, including her.
Speaker 4: Barry is genuinely one of the most beautiful dogs I've ever seen. He has to go up on that wall.
Speaker 14: Prime, yes you, thank you. You'll have to call him his work or let him know he's just he's electrician dog.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, do you know what you two and up to a side with that. You're cheering and everybody it is a genuinely gorgeous dog, beautiful eyes. That's great, Randa marries up on the wall. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast today is Southern Hemisphere Animal.
Speaker 4: Friday comes around just the last year, talking about it all right, So we're looking for your animal celebrities. Oh, who's in the undergrowth? Shrew jackman shrew woodland like vole like creature. Who's a triple threat? He can sing, act and dance. You've seen four weddings and a funeral? Is it raining? And I hadn't even noticed? That's right, it's Andy mcowl.
Speaker 16: Tell.
Speaker 4: It's very hard for this celebrity to kick a man roundhouse when you're duck Norris silver? Right, So, oh, who's that in the outback? It's one of the beetles.
Speaker 3: What's he doing?
Speaker 4: It is Dingo Star gold, jack Yak gold mertal sheep silver. And who's this a little fishy type mollusk? Oh, and it can do martial arts. That's right, it's John Claude van klam Gold Jackie boy. What have you got animal celebrities?
Speaker 3: Our next animal is driving at quite some speed.
Speaker 4: What it's mangled.
Speaker 16: Mum?
Speaker 4: Do this one for you like the cakes.
Speaker 3: It's Ben Weasel. He's driving.
Speaker 4: He's doing a Southern eighties silver.
Speaker 3: Our next animal loves to make fried chicken. Colonel Pandas No, that is gold.
Speaker 4: That is great. Ipe. There's a chicken place called Colonel Pandas with a deep fat friar is the logo.
Speaker 3: For the chicken fans. Dwayne the Cock Johnson.
Speaker 4: Could have gone wrong with the pronunciation, but you hit it right. Was that the one you check with Rio? When I think you miss what he did on air while you on maternity leave, do not check with him again that we had an incident.
Speaker 3: And animal celebrities Gary Moosey, Harry Mossey.
Speaker 4: Gold as well, well done.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're looking for your animal celebrities today on the time waist. Let's mark them, okay, Simon Scott's animal celebrity, Scott Morris swan. Let's keep politics out as please, guys, Come on, Squirrel, I am square, I am very good, Janette, Jean claud van Ram silverf like, Nathan David hasselsloth, very very good, Matty Dolphin.
Speaker 18: Lundgren silver almost, Michael Cainine silver, Benedict Rabbit Hutch No no, no, Silvester Stallion silver, Bruce Walrus silver plus, Yeah, Salamander, seafried silver, Charles and Gorilla.
Speaker 4: Gold. That's rude cam in the middle of this, Christian, I'm going to a two day ninja competition. Same here. I see you there, my friend, and just polishing my throwing stars at the moment and picking up the old nunchuks and the dry cleaners after the show. Love flat, Yeah, you can have the ticket's going to jo I'm marry with my ninja friend, elm Swan silver, Simeon Lemon silver, Chris Hemsworth going to this Chris Hemsworth becomes Chris Hippopotamus. It doesn't absolutely And finally, our Ficino Olina doublin great is our last minute winner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, last minute tickets to top Gun.
Speaker 4: Well done, nitty 're the winner. Well done. We see you Monday night on a.
Speaker 1: Brighter You're listening to the Christian o'crls show podcast.
Speaker 4: Before we head into our weekends, say goodbye. We have one last important thing to say to you guys. Great fun this week in giving away a wall Oprah gave away cars. This show gives away a wall What a wall in nine On Street. The wall of dogs will be painted next week twenty one amazing dogs. Thank you Insights, all the people who have gone for time to tell us about their amazing dog, what they mean to you and your family, and the gorgeous photos. We could only fit twenty one up. However, we are going to try and work out what we can do with a load of the dogs as well. Whether there's a couple of little things we can put up you can download with your dogs up there. We're going to try and do something, but I appreciate it's it's tough news to some of you. There's loads of dogs who could have been up there, but we can only have all the dogs were twenty one at nice Amazing Dobs of Melbourne. So that wad be painted next week this weekend. If you were if you're anywhere near Saint Kilda, go via Ackland Street. Waits, is that Danny Zuko or a young Richard Nixon on the wall? No, my friends, it's how I look. It's how I look. I really look that young and fresh. You can have your own wall. We have another one to give away, so Ligon Street gets painted next week. The week after that going up will be a brand new moral mural on commercial roads, commercial road, very busy road, commercial roads. There's a wall there. We own the wall. The painters do not know what they're gonna be painting. We don't know what they're gonna be painting. It's up to you. What would you love on your own wall? It's not just the wall, it's an amazing Have a look on our Instagram or Facebook page. See what those artists have done with is my face? When they do the dogs next week, it is going to look incredible and in whatever the next rule is, whatever we decide from your suggestions, it will be an amazing mural in a city that's got some good and bad ones. If we're really honest, these aren't going to be good ones. So what would you love on there? Your own mural? We've done the wall of dogs? What do we do next? It's up to you. Email me this weekend, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. We've done dogs? What else can we do? Have a great weekend?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast