Speaker 1: Welcome to them Christian No Com Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Sometimes our mums, bless them, say quite strong warnings. A lot of them are, aren't They often made up just to stop us doing something they don't want to do. So it's it's kind of like behavior they don't want, extreme situation will happen.
Speaker 1: That's the equation, isn't it. You know, it's like a really big threat.
Speaker 2: If you do a certain thing equals death or slow agonizing pain. Face is being stuck that way for life, losing your sight, taste, something happening to your stomach.
Speaker 1: It's all of that, isn't it?
Speaker 3: For me? Always? My mum didn't want us to drink out of soft drink cans because the fear of wasps flying into them.
Speaker 1: And let's just let's just say this right. Nature is beautiful was our vish past. The wasps the wasp's problem with us, that's what see.
Speaker 3: This was the warning I always got that they would go down my throat and on their way down they would sting the sides of my throat.
Speaker 1: Come on, wasps, what if where does this come from? What are your problems? Wasps?
Speaker 2: That's what David Apps to record his nets Netflix special by the way, Patsy, what's if you please tell us the Santa Claus.
Speaker 4: One mom Mum always threatened with us with Christmas Eve, if we wake up before it was daylight to open our presents, that Senna would be there and he'd throw pepper in our eyes. So we were terrified.
Speaker 5: This it's like something of a horror movie. I can't see saw him and then take my sight with Pepper the happiest day.
Speaker 1: I was just so excited.
Speaker 4: It's like, don't you dare wake up or you'll be blinded.
Speaker 2: It also just means that basically had one sack for the toys and then some abundance of ground pepper on the bell on a pouch, you know, like a gun singer.
Speaker 1: So it's other president of Pepper pee Pee.
Speaker 3: Take your pick, kids, and he's waiting for you behind the couch in case you come down before daylight.
Speaker 1: You sneaking in your eyes tap for Christmas, Santa out might drop. We were so scared, have.
Speaker 2: Been terrified the thought of Santa, such a lovely guy, turning on you. Like the Christian Connell Show podcast, we're asking to Sworning about your mom threats and warnings and things your mum said Christian things.
Speaker 1: I'm say just.
Speaker 2: From word, Greg. If you eat peanuts before bed, you will die.
Speaker 3: There's no even creativity with that one. Sometimes they linked to the thing like you watch too much.
Speaker 2: Time, you picking up some tips about how to be a pair of Hey, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Oh you die? So do you want to die? You want to end yourself? Carry on doing that, young man. If you eat peanuts before peds, you will die.
Speaker 2: Your body can't digest them and then you'll cough them back up and choke on them while you sleep.
Speaker 1: Greg lived above a pub.
Speaker 2: His mum and dad ran the pub, and they didn't want him going downstairs to the night eating all the peanuts that were miss sold behind the bar. This is what mums do, right. It was extreme extreme action if you did.
Speaker 1: The thing they didn't want you to do.
Speaker 2: So thank you very much for that, Greg, Ryan, my mom told me not to whistle at night, as it summons bad spirits. He's genuinely frightening, aren't they bad spirits?
Speaker 3: The kids just trying to be happy.
Speaker 2: It's a joyous sounded child whistling. Obviously, Ryan's mom didn't like it. What about Chris and his dad?
Speaker 1: Sorry? His mum, if you point at a rainbow and it will disappear. Christian. I was told if you.
Speaker 2: Ever pricked yourself on a rose, my mom said you would die. I once landed in a rose bush when we my friends are mucking around, got up. There was a little fall sticking out of my hand. I was running around screaming.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die in front of my friends. Christian.
Speaker 2: My mum warned me that if you look into a microwave whilst it's on, radio activity will burn your eyes out.
Speaker 3: It's the subdley. I think that I like best about Parents of Yesteryear.
Speaker 1: Rob Sais.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize this was a lie to Rob and then the classic from Simon. Wait at least sixty minutes after eating a sandwich before we go back in the swimming pool. All right, No four one four one oh four three Louise, good morning.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Christian. How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? So what did your mom say?
Speaker 6: Well, she used to threaten us. She had five children, Christian in a small three bedroom house, so she used to threaten us. If we'd leave our things lying around, she'd open the back door and throw them out the back door. Well guess what she used to do it, Christian, I.
Speaker 1: Love you, mom. That is great. Carry out with those threats, carry out with them.
Speaker 6: Com I just wish that I used to do it to my kids. Yeah, I wish I did it, but no, I didn't have mum's guts. So yeah, to this day, I can still remember it, Christian, And yeah, I say, good on mom. Yeah, I'm fifty nine and I still remember it to this day.
Speaker 7: Christian spell.
Speaker 1: I spent a lot of time going out the back yard getting all your gear back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, definitely, so I got on your mom.
Speaker 1: Awesome. All right, thank you very much, Luise. Let's go to Melinda.
Speaker 2: Thank you? How many times you said my name? By the way, I was doing a drinking again.
Speaker 1: Then I'm drunk, Melinda, Good morning morning.
Speaker 8: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? Yeah, Melinda, what did your mom say?
Speaker 7: I say it to my children. So when we go past a fast food outlet like macas or anything, and the lights are on, that means it's fully booked. And if we happen to go there, if you happen to go there, I've already pre.
Speaker 9: Booked the chef's table right by chip Please normal table sir, yes, peaces Valentine's.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I am pretty book, sorry, honey. But also we're supposed for the rides within the shopping center. So those lights a flashing, it must be broken. It's going to be broken.
Speaker 2: Just light, don't flash now, Melinda, right right now, you were right slapping in the middle of the school run. There are loads of mums making notes here. I think you come up with a great idea, Melinda. Thank you about We'll send you a two hundred dollar voucher for Interfloras much all right, Melinda, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You killed very funny.
Speaker 7: Thank you well.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast talking this morning about mum threats and warnings. They are extreme, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Imminent death, imminent death, irreversible damage.
Speaker 2: It's irreversible death, death plus nine that you're going to get if you eat peanuts before your bedtime.
Speaker 1: All right, let's take some more of these. Who we got here? Chantel, good morning, good morning?
Speaker 8: Hi are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good Chantelle? Thanks for calling in. And what's your mum's threat.
Speaker 7: When we're at the airport at the baggage claim?
Speaker 6: And if I tried to, you know, walk on or put my feet on the baggage claim.
Speaker 8: The floor burglar was come and ripped my arms and legs off.
Speaker 2: Again is something from a horror movie.
Speaker 3: As kids, they were so fascinated with that baggage claim. I really wanted to get on it and go back through the strap on the other side. Yes, it was Nannia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just underpaid people lugging suitcases.
Speaker 1: That's what's there, Narnia. Ah, I chant, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Man's I can easy arrange you to go and spend a day in that Narnia. They'd love to have another guy helping them out.
Speaker 3: Not so many lines more.
Speaker 1: Joe, good morning, Good morning Christian. Okay, we're talking about mom mornings today. What did your mum say?
Speaker 8: Well, it was actually myself and my young children would absolutely beg me to take them to the indoor play center. So I would pick up the phone, give them a call, pretend to give them a call, no call being made, and oh hello, good morning. Yes, oh gee, that's terrible. I'd hang up the phone and sadly say to the children, I'm sorry it's been closed because a child has had a little accident in the ball pit.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't just accept a number one number two did they vomit or is it diarrhea?
Speaker 1: Call them.
Speaker 8: That's a little number two.
Speaker 1: You had that one ready. How many times you to do this? Now I'm just calling now?
Speaker 7: Well many many times.
Speaker 5: Many times the Daffy Ducks has follow through.
Speaker 1: We can't go, we can't go. This is amazing. Just get the thing. Every day there was some other phone call that gets you going. It was so hard from our mum.
Speaker 5: Never just take away anywhere. The swimming pools are just been emptied.
Speaker 3: Let me guess, mom, another pooh, Yeah, another pool they have closed Tullo Marine Airport.
Speaker 1: Poos everywhere, all over the wrong way. Joe, I'm going to give you a two hundred dollars interval voucher as well.
Speaker 8: Beautiful, thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: I know I've just searched him into Flora. Shut poo's in the bouquet.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast