Speaker 1: It's not often we get an Australian icon on the show here every day.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Hilarious because you're going to take your own joke. I could see exactly what you were doing there.
Speaker 1: Did you notice that I tried to make it about myself too, like except I sit here too. We wanted to do the icon. This is an icon bigger than the three of us one. This is a real one, you know. Innocent Eyes a top the ARIA charts, maybe one of her nine number one singles. Her new song by the Way Hearts on the Runner's So Good Delta, Good Droom, Life from London is here.
Speaker 3: Allo, del Time, Welcome, Welcome to the pick up Delta. This Do we just have a single at the moment? When is the album coming?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, always working on new music, but this song kind of represented what was happening in my life. We were sort of like an always on It was go go go last year week, jumped from tour to tour.
Speaker 2: I sort of wrote the song with that sacity that was like, when.
Speaker 4: You think you can't go any further, you just got to keep breaking your own boundaries, keep going forward.
Speaker 2: And this song kind of has that relentless energy about it with this song as well.
Speaker 3: I mean you play alongside your partner, your fiance, Matthew, how do I know? But also like how do you manage it? Like how do you manage the working together, the living together, the writing music together. It's a lot of together.
Speaker 4: It's all very easy, you know, I think when you it's just sort of where, you know, very.
Speaker 2: Just so proud of the work we do. And it's natural.
Speaker 4: You know, we both came from being creatives with music and it's that passion and so I think it all just intertwines with our world and and we create where we have love with us that we travel.
Speaker 2: So it's just a great.
Speaker 4: Group of people that we love doing and we love and whether it's you know, on tour or at the moment where in the UK for a month or we were in the state side for a month, and it's just that's what that's what we want to life, right, just with great people. You get to hang out all the time and and talk and have fun.
Speaker 1: It's each other. I wish you could see the truth behind the scenes we all find.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I love my husband. I think it's remarkable because I love my husband to death. I don't think I could work with him every day. We probably would kill each other.
Speaker 5: My boyfriend I see once every four months.
Speaker 1: I'm going to kill you. The guy I'm dating's in university, so there's all no issues. Is studying very heavily, Shelter.
Speaker 5: You did make your Netflix debut in Love Is in the Air, not that long ago. I loved it. I watched it. I also auditioned for it. You got the role, but let's not talk about that, and I was like, damn it, I lost out, but I lost out to you.
Speaker 4: So oh well, there's always a role in any movie I'm doing for you Brits. So just the next one we're doing, we'll check in together.
Speaker 1: Audition, watch yourself.
Speaker 2: She'll come for you with that audiship. Make your audition. See you in.
Speaker 5: More films on TV. You're going to make your way back into acting again.
Speaker 2: Music is always my my, you know, my heart and soul.
Speaker 4: But acting is also a part of the craft that I deeply enjoy and and that was really fun getting to do the rom comment.
Speaker 2: I'm so grateful people watched it. It was fantastic.
Speaker 1: I loved it. I thought it was really good, you know, and we still love you, like from the Neighbours days. What I'm loving now is I was on TikTok the other day and this video came up. If you Delta, you in the BBC studios in London and they obviously love neighbors over there. Ya right, Delta was on the radio. I actually have the moment if you missed it, this is it live on on UK Radio with you. Delta made you sing the theme.
Speaker 2: Song so cute.
Speaker 1: And so good.
Speaker 3: He's so nice of perfect, should be bad for.
Speaker 1: There was a petition, you know, make it the national anthem put this on the radio every day. The petition was Delta for President, Delta, Delta for Prime Minister's.
Speaker 2: The next single off the new album. I really feel that.
Speaker 4: It's, you know what, let's let's really full circle moment.
Speaker 1: This The people love it. People love it.
Speaker 3: It's a true It's an Australian nostalgia piece.
Speaker 1: That's what that one is, honestly is well listen, Delta, we we love you. Great to catch up with you. I hope all is good with you and we're so excited. Hearts on the runners out now if you guys go stream it and then fingers crossed for an album, But thank you for coming back to the Pickup.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. Love you.
Speaker 1: Delay all right, everyone back after this on the Pickup stand by