Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch Up podcast.
Speaker 3: We have a car based submission by one of our listeners. She espouses that she will not let certain people in based on their car on the road.
Speaker 4: And let's clarify what that means, because the first time I read that, I was like, I don't understand what you're saying. So when somebody is merging, she won't let them gracefully merge into her lane if they don't drive a here under.
Speaker 3: Correct odd she goes on high flexing. For me, I would love to hear your opinion on driving etiquette when considering the differing cost between two vehicles.
Speaker 2: This is so much.
Speaker 3: I own a Heyundai I thirty trophy, a truly sick car that cost me twenty three g's I a Heyundai driver will under no circumstances give way too or allowed to merge in front of me, or otherwise show a single sec of consideration to another driver who owns a car that is more expensive than mine. I don't know why I think this way, It's just the way I think.
Speaker 1: Is Is this weird?
Speaker 3: Or do myself imposed driving regulations have merit?
Speaker 1: Love this?
Speaker 2: She sounds like one of yours. Well, I was.
Speaker 4: Reading this and feeling seen i'd heard, Like, it's so meta, what's happening here. It's one thing to admit to having road rage, but this is intentional, specific class based road rage.
Speaker 3: I mean class It's kind of like a Robin Hood type energy.
Speaker 4: When this listener mentioned the price of her vehicle, I thought it was to be a flex to say that, like here, this is a Baddy vehicle twenty three K. Now you're saying I'm not gonna let a vehicle more expensive merge.
Speaker 2: Are there less expensive vehicles on the road these days?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: There is?
Speaker 2: Can you get a car for sixteen nineinety like you could in twenty twelve?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't think you can after COVID little ten k mos. Not after COVID used.
Speaker 4: Cars are up to seventeen eighteen nineteen K because they can't get them imported.
Speaker 2: A lot. She's not letting a lot of people merge, is what I'm hearing.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I think to go more for the Lexus community.
Speaker 3: There are some gripes against the Lexus community and the BMW community as well.
Speaker 1: I think this is hilarious.
Speaker 2: I think it's.
Speaker 1: Fantastic to be so.
Speaker 3: To be so self aware and really step into your power.
Speaker 1: As a Hyundai I thirty driver trophy.
Speaker 4: What we will do now is profile people based on what cars they drive. It's meant to be derogatory, so if you take offense, just take it on the chin.
Speaker 3: We have a smart car here in a lime green colorway. This is the kind of car that Tilda Swinton would drive. No way, definitely, in a bit like in between movies. She's taken on a mortgage is a little bit more expensive than she ought to, so she had to make some concessions.
Speaker 2: Enter I'm googling, not Carti's tatter Swinton drive.
Speaker 1: The green car.
Speaker 3: This is also likely imported, so a terrible choice because it would be difficult to find parts.
Speaker 1: Okay, Up next is a message I.
Speaker 2: Listen to that everyone.
Speaker 4: That's really good advice, because I bought an imported car. It was a two thousand and one Nissan Cube imported from Japan, and it was terrible. I lived at the mechanic and for what and for what? Tilda Swinton ambassador for Mercedes in twenty fourteen, She's too cool for that sleek long line S class coup.
Speaker 3: Would I let the person in the smart car in yes, because I'm afraid of your safety. It's a very dangerous car to drive. My dad said, never get a smart car.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Up next we have the Mazda. It is a white colorway four door hatchback situation. This is a fantastic calf for grandma's who have little, tiny grandchildren that need the booster seat. Would I let this person in? I'm gonna say, surely. It's like quite an unbecoming. Yeah, it's quite an unassuming.
Speaker 2: It's for every person car.
Speaker 3: I definitely got quite a later model, so perhaps a little retirement pay out there.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Number three we have the Cube Lilian's car piece to resistime.
Speaker 2: Not the Govey, not the Guvey, the.
Speaker 3: Govey car like, No, this is actually a flex marks a flex.
Speaker 4: Car for sure. If I could have a Cube now, I would go and get one. They're just hard to get in Australia. We'dest car ever for you.
Speaker 2: I think it's perfect, Like this is like.
Speaker 1: A glitch in the system that you ever had this car.
Speaker 4: I think this is the only car that actually makes sense for me. Of course, now I drive a medium sized luxury suz but that's only because I was like scarred and cursed with the experience. I said, I can never go to a mechanic again. But I even struggle with servicing.
Speaker 3: This car is like the car that you see on maps when there's like a car moving.
Speaker 1: I fade this car.
Speaker 2: I hate this car. I create this car.
Speaker 3: I would let the merge out of jos and hate this car. I let the merge out of pity. Nicky loves this car. You guys have no sense about you.
Speaker 2: I think people would think you would also love this car. Okay.
Speaker 1: Next we have the Ranger over.
Speaker 3: This looks like a twenty fourteen to fifteen model. It's certainly not the highest of the range. Probably should have traded in by now and went for something a little bit more within your price.
Speaker 2: Trade in, How does the trade in even work it? That's a myth.
Speaker 3: Am I going to let someone in a luxury car that is an earlier model than twenty twenty in No, because you are running through Okay, the.
Speaker 1: Hyundai gets yellow model to door.
Speaker 3: The other gets actually quite an expensive car to buy secondhand. I did look at them after my car was ransacked. Rip to my nises.
Speaker 2: Because it's reliable, it's a reliable car.
Speaker 3: It's very good value for money and a very great petrol efficiency.
Speaker 2: Where's the Toyota Camri?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Can we just have just to edge this video off?
Speaker 3: If you have funds, if you have parents, will buy you a car. If you have like a little tiny bit of a nest egg situation happening and you'll want to buy a new car. If you need a second hand.
Speaker 2: Car, get a Camri.
Speaker 3: Buy a Toyota Corolla. It will last you forever. A Yarus is also a good choice if you can't go for the full Corolla.
Speaker 1: But if you ever need I didn't get.
Speaker 2: A Corolla and you regret it?
Speaker 1: No, I just it just wasn't. It wasn't what I wanted to pay.
Speaker 2: Can I give my bit of advice?
Speaker 1: Is your family in the crentistry?
Speaker 2: And she meant it too, And she meant it.
Speaker 3: Combined my father and I combined fifty years in the car industry.
Speaker 2: You had your six month stick.
Speaker 4: I just want to say, in my experienced buying cars, both secondhand and cash up.
Speaker 2: Frump, you can't buy a car for.
Speaker 4: What it looks like on the outside. It's what it feels like in the inside. I bought No, I didn't know. I bought a Cube because I was like, I want a square car.
Speaker 2: That was my own. That was my only criteria. I wanted square car.
Speaker 4: I got the square car, and I was like, fabric seats, this isn't eating. I don't know about this. I bought my new car, which will not be named. The outside is like nondescript, medium sized black suv, but inside, leather seats, pushed to start. It's got RGB lights everywhere, ceramic coding, It's got this panoramic sun roof. It's just luxury inside. And that feels better because you're inside the car when you drive it exactly. I also think that growing up, I was like.
Speaker 2: Ill, no, I think we're actually done. You said what needed to be said. I recovered from the band.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you for cutting me off right when I was going to become incriminated.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 3: For more, Tune Indicator on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.