Speaker 1: Chris Jenny, Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast. If you can hear this, this is young Jack, right, who's just coming to studio twelve year old Chap to take on Jack in his first ever game of chess. As I showed him into the studio, he saw there was a Rubik's Cube on a shelf here right, that none of us have been able to do. He goes, do you wonder if I complete that? I think we've got some sort of.
Speaker 2: Boy gen.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 2: Can we interrupt you for a moment during the Ruby Cube just to chat?
Speaker 1: You know? Yeah? Yeah, hey, Jack, thank you very much for coming in this morning. So you're going to be taken on Jack in about ten minutes time at a game of chess. How long have you been playing chess? Jack?
Speaker 2: A couple of years?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: Who taught you?
Speaker 2: Pop?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And you beat Dad? Now you're that good. If you've overtaken has the Jedi overtaken the Master?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And how do you think you're going to take on Jack post?
Speaker 2: Well, I've got a couple of advantages. He's never played a game in real life, and well I already.
Speaker 4: Know what he's going to do.
Speaker 1: So what do you mean.
Speaker 2: Hold everyone on the radio because I told you. He told me this outside, because I said what my user name on chess dot COMAP was. He went and looked at you can look at everybody's game. He looked at all my opening moves.
Speaker 1: And did you when you saw that, did you think, actually this is going to be even easier than I thought?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah? All right, okay, so Jack is only very good when he's the first person starting it.
Speaker 2: I like to play with. Why what do you like to play with? I can play either, but ambidexterous?
Speaker 1: Are you going to take it easy on him? Or you're going to try and beat him as soon as possible. I love the that you. I'm kind of in the way, aren't I? With these questions? You just want to do that Ruby sco And.
Speaker 2: You just finished the roo.
Speaker 1: He's just done the rub that has been undone in about two years in the studio. He's done it a couple of minutes. And you started up a chess club at school. I, when I was your age, started a chess club at school and no one came, so I folded it. No one, No one came. There was a teacher who saw me in there by myself, sat down at chessboard, felt sorry for me, came in, played chess with me, beat me, and after that I never played chess again. So that's because have you got mates that turn out? What is it once a week at school? It's every Monday, every Monday, chess cub. And I think you are so relaxed, aren't you? Jack? I'm not Jack is not. Okay, you two look each other in the eye and say good luck. When we come back, we will have the coin toss. Okay. We have an independent adjudicator called Hartley Shawcross. Are you guys familiar with him in chess circles? Okay? I think it's a made up name, Hartley short Cross. He sounds like an eighties detective is going to come here. Here be the umpire. You've got it, the umpiring you need up.
Speaker 2: Well, no, you just have the person that starts your clocks at start. Oh we don't do that ourselves.
Speaker 1: Well no, well you can, but he's now running the show. You basically run the next half an hour every best for all of us. Okay, all right, you two look each other night and say good luck.
Speaker 2: Good luck, Jack, honestly, good Black, sweet thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's on next the Christian O'Connell show podcast. There's too many microphones. Jack Post has two microphones. He's got as normal one I turn on to do the show with him. Then I've got another one that's is titled at my very state of the art studio desk. Here Chest Jack Chess test test.
Speaker 3: There is chest Jack.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a completely different Jack, Chest Jack. All right, what is about to happen? Then it is a chess game on the radio. His challenger is just yawned, just now. He's so relaxed. That is also called Jack, Young Jack, twelve year old Jack. You're ready, my friend? Yeah. Also presiding over this was a man with an amazing name, Hartley, Show Cross Hartley. You happy with everything the way it's been configured and set up? So far?
Speaker 3: Everything looks great here? Yep, absolutely and hardly in a minute.
Speaker 1: I'm going You've got a coin there to do the coin toss to decide who goes first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so put the coin.
Speaker 2: I'll call tails.
Speaker 3: It's it's heads.
Speaker 2: Is Young Jack automatically white or does he get to choose?
Speaker 3: So he yeah, he gets to choose.
Speaker 5: And but you know, look at this configuration I'm assuming Jack wants to be black.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what?
Speaker 2: Do you want to be? Young Jack?
Speaker 4: You what?
Speaker 2: All right, let's put the water around there.
Speaker 1: Okay, they're gonna flip a blow around. They're playing their opening music, Hello and Corner.
Speaker 4: Standing six foot four and whang in at eighty five kilograms thirty three years waves loveless, Lock up your bonns.
Speaker 1: It's the King Killer of Cobourg.
Speaker 4: He'll give you the scares on all sixty four squares. Playing online under the pseudonym Greg Internet. It's j.
Speaker 1: Give up Jack Post, a local favorite. Jack Posts will take on. Let's meet his young contender.
Speaker 4: He love Corner. Standing at four foot six, I'm weighing in at forty five kilograms of age. He's the boy Wonder from Delada.
Speaker 1: He remains uneating any school chess club.
Speaker 4: It's a preteen from Dorian. It's Jack All attack to a park mill.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, we're about to get underway here. Chess fans all over the world tune in for this amazing game. They are playing for this beautiful trophy, the Chess Club Champion twenty twenty one. Check that out, guys. Nope, they've got their company bother to look at me. All eyes are on the board. We're talking. Must stop now hardly what happens.
Speaker 5: Next' So I will I'll start the clock. Please, I'll just I'll just actually just get Jack to do it, because.
Speaker 1: So I just hit this button.
Speaker 2: Ne'll start Jack's clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's out the clock yet.
Speaker 2: All right we get ten minutes each on the clock. Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a bit yeah, it's a bit nuts.
Speaker 2: But yep, alright, good luck young Jack your hand first.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: It's like three two one, let's chess boy, Chess.
Speaker 3: On the radio.
Speaker 1: Okay if you commentate.
Speaker 5: So the has been moved by young playing.
Speaker 1: Long at home, hopefully drawn out of Chess boar classic opening.
Speaker 3: It's just the kids pawn opening.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: So the Scandinavian very you know, Jack knew it.
Speaker 1: Scandinavian.
Speaker 5: Yeah, straight to Europe and now I'm pretty I'm pretty I'm pretty lost already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought you from Melbourne chess clunt. I mean I could have done. I've got a good all this for Hartley.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, so this is it's just it's just the opening stage F three is a bit strange.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I found that all the time. Jams on my keyboard. I've told about it. No, no, no, by Jack, I.
Speaker 3: Mean Jack who played their three? Just Jack one? Jack two or just Jack?
Speaker 1: Should they have taken a couple of pieces by now?
Speaker 3: It's it's it's going very.
Speaker 2: I am attacking, Christian, I repeat, I am attacking.
Speaker 3: He's not hardy.
Speaker 1: Can you confirm? Is he a? Is Jack playing more aggressively and better than you thought so far?
Speaker 5: This is it's that well, they both got knights on pre only French words, I know a chess related French words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's been a side details for all of us this morning, I know, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like opposite. That's a good another French word.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, if we could focus on the chests. That's you come from Melbourne French Club as well, you run two clubs there.
Speaker 2: I'm actually in trouble here.
Speaker 1: Seventeen hours a week.
Speaker 2: I think I'll capture my first piece.
Speaker 3: Yea take that last night? Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, now at the moment we've had silence from young Jack. Young Jack is just a picture of concentration and zen the board.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's we've both captured the same night on opposing side.
Speaker 1: It's a night off, Young Jack. How are you feeling right now? You're happy with your move so far?
Speaker 3: I would like to play differently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've shook him.
Speaker 1: And when we come back we see how they're doing. Hello, Christian O'Connell show podcast, Jack Post, how you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm in a terrible position, is the easiest thing to say. My king is out in front of all my dangerous pieces and hardly you know that that's a bad position.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you, you're in quite a bit of trouble. He's just powering through. It's just pressure, pressure, pressure.
Speaker 1: It's not the d's right now, young Jack.
Speaker 2: Is like the d's in football terms. How far down?
Speaker 5: I so like to put it in perspective for everyone. You were what you would say, be up by seven goals. You would have been up by seven goals with fifteen minutes left to go in the final term, and you're now down by five goals.
Speaker 1: Big last quarter and utter silence. Right now you just listen to the voice of Hartley Shortcross from Melbourne chess cub. Young Jack, how are you doing right now? You're happy?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty happy.
Speaker 2: I've got him in a solid position. Well, he's already put me in check three times, and so three times have you put him in once in check?
Speaker 1: No, Jack has to have been playing chess for three months, eventeen hours a week to get in this position where within four minutes it's almost over.
Speaker 2: So I'm moving down to check now, but I feel vulnerable.
Speaker 3: You look like you're in trouble man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the official chess tam when they say you look like you're in trouble man. That was the catchphrase, of course of caspro chess fans all over the world.
Speaker 3: Oh no, this is not great.
Speaker 2: Hardly, Am I correct incident?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You're right, it's right, you're right.
Speaker 2: Oh no, my young opponent, twelve year old Jack, I believe with this queen move?
Speaker 3: Oh no, is that check man's check mate?
Speaker 1: Can I just say something I don't like? What'sating right now? Two grown up men are laughing about one of them beating a twelve year old boy. Shame on you, Jack, post But.
Speaker 2: What a comeback. I was, so, I was Jack, great game, great.
Speaker 1: Game, Ugly scenes here, ugly scenes.
Speaker 2: I can't believe that because I saw the checkmate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, talking to what's happened, young Jack? What happened? What happened? What happened, Jack, take me through it. You had it all.
Speaker 3: You had him on the ropes.
Speaker 5: I was trying if he didn't move that rock down, I would have had imagined one move to move him off there, and Chick made him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were way ahead. He honestly did have me on the ropes, and then you slipped up. I'm always looking for a weakness.
Speaker 4: I do not like this.
Speaker 1: I don't like winning, Jack post.
Speaker 2: Oh great game though, Jack. I don't want to celebrate too much.
Speaker 1: But you have already face shame on you. You're thirty two, man, have a look in the mirror when you get home. How are you thirty three? Hey, young Jack, don't be disappointed. I know what you did. You just something very nice. You let the older guy win.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's what you do with relatives sometimes Christmas time. You don't want tears. You care about the wrestler show what he is going to be like? Well done. I know what you did. You could have easily polished him off that show is just what a young gentleman you are. You let Jackie boy win good like at school to day mate, patronizing sign that was reminded he's going to go to school.
Speaker 3: I don't like this, Jack, So do I have to give this to Jack? Then?
Speaker 1: I'm afraid you have to give it to Jack Post. Yeah, heartly handed over.
Speaker 3: It's gonna you probably just need to like put a bit of stuff on it first. Anyway, there you go.
Speaker 1: Jack is actually holding it by I said, like he's on the winner's podium at the Tokyo Olympics, clinging for me to it in the red bandana.
Speaker 2: Winner, Jack Post, this means so much to me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can tell you can hold hey, young Jack, thank you? Hey, you don't you did? You did great today? Okay? I think maybe like you know, all the cameras lights also put you off to Okay, but you were brilliant. Did you enjoy coming in this morning? I definitely? Are you really annoyed that he won? Yeah, it's not nice seeing it like this.
Speaker 3: Is at the advantages before you even went in and I just blew it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't blow anything. You did brilliant. Okay, you did great because he was ahead you and not. I gonna have a word, all right, Thank you very much, young Jack. You're brilliant. Okay, thank you very much for coming in. I don't like this, okay, The Christian O'Connell Show podcast