Speaker 1: I Heart Podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free I Heart.
Speaker 3: App Got anything good?
Speaker 4: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Patsy, Good morning, and Happy Friday, Alex Modding, all right, thanks half an hour on our show. When we do this every Friday, it's our recommendations, might be a book, a TV show, a movie. It's the things that we're really enjoying at the moment. Rio, What are you into?
Speaker 5: I drink a lot of wine, but I have never.
Speaker 1: Heard just red wine, only read wine. But I love red wine.
Speaker 6: I've never really understood it, especially in the way I hear you and Caitlin, the way you guys talk about it, and you're so eloquent, articulate, you know all the bits about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know that much. Actually I know a lot. I'd love to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know a lot more than I do.
Speaker 6: And even when I don't know if you guys feel the same way, When like a Samelia comes and they go what sort of wine?
Speaker 1: They're so intimidating, so intimidating.
Speaker 5: And I don't know what wine I like.
Speaker 6: I just good or bad. That's my only sort of binary for it. Yeah, so I started watching it's brilliant. It's on YouTube. It's called Andre Max World of Wine. It's by the bon Appetite guys who do a lot of great like very accessible, relatable food content.
Speaker 1: Really well made.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, a lot of like high budget.
Speaker 1: Oh I'll be on this.
Speaker 2: I'm finding that I'm watching more and more YouTube. Now it's on TV. Yeah, it's on your TV. Yes, yeah, you log it now. I've got the membership so it's a it's ad free and you can download it as well.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: Right on the flight, downloaded some YouTube. Yeah, it's like TV.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was watching this on the fly.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 6: And it's this guy Andre Mack. He's very cool American guy. Where's a beanie, not your normal sort of familiar and he talks to you not like an idiot, but very.
Speaker 2: Like casual accessible wine. When it's done badly, it's so elitist and snobbish, right, and this is how it's been for years in the UK, and it's all like there's some kind of like elitness about it. What was great when I moved to Australia is there's none of that. Yeah, it's in any one. So I like it when you go and wine shops here, or even bottle shops, you see tradees who know what kind of wines they like.
Speaker 1: I really like that. It's not like that in the UK.
Speaker 2: There is horrible snobbishness about it, you know, Whereas here it's not like that because and you've got some of the world's greatest wines.
Speaker 1: I only drink Gazi red.
Speaker 2: Wines now because you've got some incredible wines here and you don't have to spend much money to have a great bottle of wine. Yeah, yeah, yeah, So who is it I'm going to be watching? This is my new favorite show?
Speaker 5: Then Andre Max World of Wine on YouTube?
Speaker 2: Now is it my WiFi world? Is it going to make you want to drink more red wine?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yes, I am fanging for a winery to.
Speaker 2: And so what if you are you learning about wines from all over the world like Italians?
Speaker 5: Yes, Italian is the one I just watched.
Speaker 2: I don't understand the difference between like a barollo and a nebiolo.
Speaker 1: I don't know understand them all the o's I.
Speaker 6: Haven't got to that yet. I'm currently in the Piedmont region. Oh, yes, where they have a climate where in the daytime it's cool, but you know, in the daytime it's very hot and in the night time it's cool, which to a lovely acidity on the tongue. Okay, yes, yes, I can't stop watching it. I really really want to get into you.
Speaker 2: You know we should do right when you've watched a couple more episodes, you should host the wine tasting for the team. All right, yeah, and yes, deal great, use the knowledge, Yes, the knowledge.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Friday Morning's The Christian O'Connell's Show. We're doing double thumbs up. We go around the team, we share our recommendations.
Speaker 1: Shaniels as well. What are you enjoying at the moment? Oh?
Speaker 2: Four seventy five three one oh four three for me, it says finished season three, outstanding drama of the Diplomat.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so good that show, absolute masterclass. Brilliantly cast, great writing, killer cast. You got two former stars this season of The West Wing in it as well. Great to see c J and Bradley Whitford in it. They're so good but brilliant, brilliant show. Cannot recommend that enough, really grown up, smart drama, really tense and unfortunately it's one of those shows where you're going to bed late.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're just not strong enough when it goes.
Speaker 2: Next episode, I'm not strong enough. Yeah it's terrible, but then you it's like a cake. You wolf it down in one sitting control, gorged it, godged it. But absolutely brilliant, really good Patsy, what are you giving you a.
Speaker 1: Double thumbs on too?
Speaker 8: You finally got around to seeing Poor Things with Emma Stone, which absolutely scooped the Oscars.
Speaker 9: She got Best Actress, that got Best Film.
Speaker 8: Anyway, we felt like watching something different just as a family, and Chris said, let's have a look at this. We haven't seen it yet yet. Rave reviews all these awards. Anyway, when you sit down and turn it on, you think.
Speaker 9: Oh, this is weird.
Speaker 5: It is so weird.
Speaker 1: So what's it about.
Speaker 8: So it's about a young woman and this doctor who essentially so she takes her own life and he gets her. It's set in Victoriana, London, and he essentially gives her a like puts her baby's brain because she was pregnant at the time.
Speaker 9: It's very dark, I know, but it's fascinating.
Speaker 1: It sounds nothing but dark, I know.
Speaker 9: But puts another brain essentially in her.
Speaker 1: Head, telling them about the wines of the right.
Speaker 5: But she gets baby's brain witch room.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, yes, and then it's like her awakening and she like, it's weird. It is really strange. There are dogs with ducks heads on them.
Speaker 5: I'll say no more, I'm in it's really.
Speaker 2: Are you sure? A funny chime? Stop that's drunk on a plane.
Speaker 1: The other days.
Speaker 2: You've had one of these cheese dreams. That's not a movie. An oscar.
Speaker 8: It is weird, and we're all sitting there in the opening sort of minutes of it, going wow, this is weird. This is like nothing we've ever seen before. But it is gripping and you can't stop watching. She is so amazing, no wonder she got the oscar. But it's beautifully made. So it starts out as black and white and in transitions to color like it's stunning.
Speaker 1: So she gets the baby brain of her dog.
Speaker 8: No with ahead, she gets the brain of her unborn baby.
Speaker 2: And whyould anyone want that won't be formed? I mean, you can't walk or talk, so it's weird.
Speaker 9: It's William Dafoe it's got Mark Ruffle.
Speaker 1: Let me guess William Defoe is a doctor.
Speaker 2: Yes, some kind of creep.
Speaker 8: And there's a really funny dance scene with Mark Ruffalo, who's her love interest initially, and it is absolutely hilarious. So it's it's weird, it's like creepy.
Speaker 1: It's you know what you brought me over the edge. It's nicely stuff.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's different and that's what we just sort of, you know, watch the same stuff and eat the same food.
Speaker 8: General all the time, and it takes you out of out of that space.
Speaker 2: So poor things now understand, it's not it's poor things as.
Speaker 1: In p A W.
Speaker 2: No, oh, they missed the truth.
Speaker 9: But it's weird.
Speaker 8: And then they turn they turned Mark Ruffalo into half man, half dog.
Speaker 10: At the end of it.
Speaker 9: It's you've got to watch.
Speaker 1: It, he says, like it makes sense.
Speaker 5: Obviously they turned my buffalo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just presumed it ended with him as half Mark, half dog, which half half.
Speaker 5: I loved it.
Speaker 1: Were you smoking anything, Pats? He loves the vapor at the weekend. Oh that raspbery one again, isn't it?
Speaker 2: I can smell it on you down that faith store at nine am looking.
Speaker 1: On the windows. Sweet all right, we're going to take a break. We'll be back.
Speaker 2: We find out what Alex is into at the moment as well, and you can share yours on Double thumbs Up. We do this every Friday, Our recommendations and yours The.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Friday Morning's to Christian o'connells Show. We're doing double thumbs up. We go around the team, we share our recommendations, share yours as well.
Speaker 1: What are you enjoying at the moment?
Speaker 2: Oh four seventy five three one oh four three, all right, let's get the leasers from now, Alex, what are you into?
Speaker 7: When we first arrived here in Melbourne, what we didn't realize is that a lot of Melbourne CBD was demolished, destroyed with the Wrecking Ball. And there's this famous story, a lot of famous stories.
Speaker 5: It's called the.
Speaker 7: Lost City of Melbourne and it tells the story of the golden Age of Melbourne. It's demolition and then it's preservation. It's on Netflix and it's a fascinating walk through history of this great city. And if you don't know much about Melbourne, which we didn't, it's a really good way of finding more out about it. So what's Melbourne famous for. It's laneways. Who knew that all these laneways in Melbourne were all different names. So there was Exhibition Street. It used to be called Stephen Street, really really dodgy area. They changed the Exhibition Street because they wanted to sort of, you know.
Speaker 1: Perfect it up a bit rebranded.
Speaker 7: There was Bilking Square that was a really really awful place that was in the city as well. And bilking was the practice of taking a man's trousers off and taking all his money.
Speaker 2: Exactly he gave them his money, told us that they stole this money. Pilking that's what he was up to in that you know, one man's pilking time. It's one man's pilking time. It's nothing to do with us. What you did with those three guys.
Speaker 1: In that fauna.
Speaker 6: They're renaming the sauna now. They didn't like a sound of it before the rebranded Pilking Room.
Speaker 1: Bringing pilking back. It was really interesting.
Speaker 7: And so and all the old picture theaters they are all demolished, like the Padua Theater. Our older listeners will probably remember that in Brunswick, replaced by a shopping center.
Speaker 1: So I just.
Speaker 2: Really enjoyed the history.
Speaker 1: What's it called again, So it's on Netflix. It's called The Lost City of Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Great, Okay, we'll take the latest news to sport and please share what you're into at the moment.
Speaker 1: Four seven five three one oh four three The.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, six thirty two Christian O'Connell's show. Can I just talk about the last hour of yesterday's show. It was an hour of high drama as we were trying to give away trying to give away, trying to give away a five point two million dollar grand prize. You're part of the Rowboy Melbourne Hospitals Grand Prize to Rowena. She hung up on us and we called her live on air. She thought I was a sam a scammer, so she hangs up. We spend the next hour trying to get hold of her. Someone from the Raw Murban Hospital home load of the actual organization texted hers saying we need to speak to you. Are you available to chat to the next hour? She said, I've got to go to an appointment. You can call me in twenty minutes time. When we finally spoke to us, she was all slightly guarded and then we had this amazing chat, one of my favorite chats out seven years of giving away the grand prizes, which you can hear during the next hour. But in despite all this going on and then finally getting hold of her and surprising on air the number one thing that people were messaging with You didn't mark the time wastes and we didn't yesterday. We ran out of time, the show ended and we had to go. So time wasted to yesterday Fast food Movies. We're going to market next. If you missed it yesterday but you want to win out will pass to go to the Red Hot Summer Tour. You can take part now. It's fast food Movies four seven, five three, one oh four three will mark them next twenty five to seven Friday morning, it is Oasis Day.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Patsy.
Speaker 2: So I heard your weather, so twenty one showers yeap hashtag Melbourne warm rain for us all today.
Speaker 1: At LISTA Galaghers will feel like their back home in Manchester. Not warm rain, but the rain.
Speaker 2: They felt like a long way from home and yet feels only the rain on a Friday night.
Speaker 1: Then what's it like over the weather pats over the weekend.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow partly cloudy twenty one similar on Sunday, a little bit warmer, so you know, a little bit could be worry, a little bit gray, but not.
Speaker 1: Yesterday was a love yeah, really really warm all right?
Speaker 2: So top the past your Red Hot Summer tour next year in February at Werry part you got Paul Kelly, Missy Higgins and Lord Boy.
Speaker 1: Can get your tickets on Ticketmaster.
Speaker 2: You can win a pan Now Fast food movies on the very late.
Speaker 1: Time waste stuff. We ran out of time.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we finally managed to give away a five point two million dollar home.
Speaker 1: Christian. I've just been enjoying slow horses. Christian. I'll see you there tonight, Ryan, you will, all right? Then?
Speaker 2: Fast food movies. By the way, team, what is your go to when you do have fast food?
Speaker 1: Perhasly? What would you have?
Speaker 9: I do like a curry?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I wouldn't call that fast food?
Speaker 5: What about like junk food?
Speaker 9: Junkie junkie food?
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 9: Is it offensive to call guzman?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's great?
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you wouldn't say joy through macas? I love them at crispy God, it's so good.
Speaker 5: Yes, Maccus has a really great mayo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is that special mayo? And herbs. There's herbs in there, as the Americans call them. Ava. Tartar sauce.
Speaker 5: That's a very good gold.
Speaker 1: My dad used to just consume so much tartar sauce.
Speaker 2: A vaulting fish paste, Chippy long Stocking, Silver, Lord of the Onion Rings, Bronze, crispy business.
Speaker 1: I love that Mark, well done. Ten things I hate about drive throughs.
Speaker 2: Silver, Freddy got Finger looking good early in the morning, Life of Pie and Sauce, Bronze, Wappa Heimer gold, Sam The Hunt for the Red Rooster Silver, Ronald and Juliet takes the image of that as well him beneath her balcony, that big the big wig. That's James, the Goodsman always rings twice a Portolheimer Gold, Uncle Peaking Duck Tracy, well done, good grilled hunting Silver, Dead Fae Society silver, The Wedding Singer Gold, Pizza on the Orange Express Gold.
Speaker 1: Could that be gold?
Speaker 2: It doesn't work until they just chunked a fast food on as well, say sway on the old foot lawn on the trolley cart.
Speaker 1: Throw Mama from the sushi train.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, silver plus.
Speaker 1: Daniel mcrigler on the roof. You know what that is now do I?
Speaker 2: Uh? And this one here is Rio's cast up for sale. This genuine old guy. He messages me yesterday but here on the Drama last half and out he wants your details. He's interested in buying it.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is a follow up with you after the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, who is winning?
Speaker 2: Who's got the pass off to red Dot Summer to all Live? James with Ronald and Juliet love it, Well done, James.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Yesterday. What's the phone call?
Speaker 2: We do every couple of months for the row Meurburan Hospital Home Lottery the grand prize giving away the five point three million dollar grand prize to beautiful home in Camberwell and you get fifty thousand dollars in gold.
Speaker 1: So if you've been listening to the show for a while, you.
Speaker 2: Know that we do this. In these you get to overhear these phone calls. Somebody's life changing in a ridiculous fashion.
Speaker 1: It's just too much for them to process.
Speaker 2: It's crazy that someone calls you out the blue and not just during the day. But also by the way you live on the radio, you probably react everyone that says she's listening right now, staring at you, shall I tell you feeling spain immediately real time? It's too much, isn't It's why most of them are going, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: It's easy to believe it's not happening than actually is happening.
Speaker 1: So anyway, yesterday, how this works.
Speaker 2: Then about an hour and a half before we do it live and their lawyers come in independently and they give us a name and a number and nothing else, and then we do call them live. And sometimes it's taken a while to get hold of people, but I've never had a situation like yesterday. The lady that was winning the house Rowen a beautiful woman. However, she hung up on me. She thought it was a scammer, and then we called it back. She f flicked it to voice smell, couldn't get hold of her. This was off about twenty five minutes. We couldn't give away the five point three million dollar home. Lots and lots of you were like, I'll take the house. I'll have the house. Someone even said if they're going to be like that.
Speaker 1: You's just moved. What it's like. It can't work like that. You can't run the world like that.
Speaker 2: Well, actually there is someone who runs the country who would do that.
Speaker 1: Change the law.
Speaker 2: Then the actual you know, the organization got hold of her and said, look, we do need to speak to you, and someone's trying to call you. Can you take the call police, And she's like, I've got an appointment for the next twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Call it eight forty five. Get hold of her.
Speaker 2: This is the phone call eight forty five yesterday morning. Even when I get hold of her, she still doesn't know what it's about. Slightly guarded, but have it listened to this call? She is and her whole family what a deserved winner. And I don't know what you've been through this week, but this this lit us all up yesterday, which is why I want you to hear it again today here as you're winning by the way, everybody, and there's so many people that get tickets who try and win the big prizes, but also know this. You didn't win it yesterday, you might win it next time. She only bought one tickets. Most of the people who've won this have brought several tickets. She brought one ticket. That's all you need to win it. Thank you very much to everyone who supports a great work the Royal Melbourne Hospital.
Speaker 1: Do this is the winner? Have I listened to this?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: Now I have called a couple of times.
Speaker 2: I think maybe you're worried it but a robo call or a scam.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did think.
Speaker 10: I did get a call this morning, and I did think it was a scam.
Speaker 1: That was that was me. Sorry, that's quite right, that's kind of I totally understand.
Speaker 2: Now do you know why I'm calling you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 10: I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 2: Maybe I should have led with that and you might have took the call. You've won the Royal Melbourne Hospital Home Lottery Grand Prize.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I haven't you have. I've been trying to tell you for the last hours.
Speaker 2: That is the big house, the five point three million dollar house, that's yours.
Speaker 10: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Very I've been trying for an hour trying to you.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry, I apologize.
Speaker 1: It's all right, it's all right, you're the winner.
Speaker 10: I can't believe that. I know great, that fantastic we are. We are very hard working farmers that we've been working hard for thirty eight years.
Speaker 1: We've just.
Speaker 10: We've just had our thirty eight wedding anniversar.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, thank you, and we we have worked.
Speaker 10: Very hard, like a lot of people do all our lives.
Speaker 1: But farming is hard, hard life. That's really hard it is.
Speaker 10: And we've actually brought our son back into our farming business, so you can imagine that it is a struggle.
Speaker 11: So that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Come on, I'm so happy that we're so happy that you're happy to take my call and that you trust me now, but also that you're the winners.
Speaker 1: What a great source do you? Mummy? Ask him? Where are you? Then your farmers? Where are you?
Speaker 10: We're up near oneo or find Yeah, right, I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: I know, I know it's it's a lot of process, so just some money. What isn't it is beautiful? It is the grand price. So it's a five point three million dollar, beautiful home, fully furnished in Camberwell, I.
Speaker 10: Can't believe this, I really can't. But yeah, it's not a scam.
Speaker 2: You sure, I promise you you really have won it. Yeah, I wouldn't do that to you. You also win fifty thousand dollars in gold. Oh really, yeah, Now, the farmers love finding gold. It's the gold that you really want. It's incredible news. I'm so happy for you and your family as well.
Speaker 10: Oh look, thank you, and thank you very very much. And I honestly can't I can't believe it. I only bought one ticket.
Speaker 1: You're kidding.
Speaker 10: I bought one ticket.
Speaker 1: Where did you get it from? Because you must be in the middle of a nowhere if you're farmers, it only.
Speaker 10: Takes one ticket. We're in Victoria's high country, so I'm not sure if you know that area or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're you're hours away from us.
Speaker 10: Then yeah, we're ours right, we're actually, interestingly enough where we've left home and we're on our way to our son's weddings.
Speaker 1: Oh, you've got to be kidding me. This weekend your son's getting married.
Speaker 10: It's tomorrow.
Speaker 1: No wonder, you're a bit stressful this morning. You haven't got time for like people bringing.
Speaker 10: Up that you don't know absolutely, because we've got a bit, you know, a long drive, and because we're farmers, you know, you have to make sure all the animals are all right.
Speaker 2: It's a lot to worry about and anytime the phone goes, one of the animals has got loose. And plus you've got to drive to You've got to drive that wedding in that tractor that you drive around, that's a car.
Speaker 10: No, we've got something a little bit faster than the tract of it.
Speaker 1: Well, you can get something a lot faster. Now your life is going to change.
Speaker 10: Oh, but I think I'll have to not tell them because I don't want to steal their thunder because it will be such a beautiful day for them, and I don't want to, you know, spoil that for them.
Speaker 2: But what you could do, you know that tabe But the wedding gives maybe chuck a few gold bars, They go, Mom, Mom, what have you been up to?
Speaker 1: We found on the farm.
Speaker 10: We have we have put a lot, you know, anything that we've been able to make over the years, we've really put back into our children, out their education. And they are two great kids. So you know, I'm really happy to share any of this with.
Speaker 1: Them and my husband A Rowena. I'm so happy. It took us quite quite a while to get to speak to you.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad that I finally managed to get to speak to you and we all heard your and your family's story. What an amazing story as well, Ossi Farmer's doing it hard, but incredible that you're the winners.
Speaker 1: You really really deserve it.
Speaker 10: O Well, thank you very much, thank you very appreciative.
Speaker 2: And listen enjoying your son's wedding this weekend. What a crazy couple of days for you and your family. So obviously you're going to tell your husband.
Speaker 1: Don't you.
Speaker 10: He's in the car, he's listening, he's on speech phone listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, so I.
Speaker 10: Definitely wouldn't be keeping that from him.
Speaker 1: He's probably by brand new farm equipment right now.
Speaker 10: No on the accountant in the family, keep an eye roll over.
Speaker 1: Here yet you can you get a Maserati tractor like Clarkson?
Speaker 10: Oh no, we both have a two nice weekends in Melbourne instead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, more than if you could do you buy the hotel, buy the hotel, staying in listen Rowena, congratulations, you're a really deserving winner. And I don't understand that from I think that everybody listening, everyone who wanted the house, I think would be glad that if it wasn't going to be then it was someone like.
Speaker 10: You, and it was a beautiful home because I remember looking at it in the pamphlet thinking I don't have a ticket in every lottery, but when I can, I do. And I really like the house, so I thought, I'm definitely going to have money.
Speaker 1: You now own it. That's yours.
Speaker 10: No, I'm not processing that.
Speaker 1: No, not sing the party is the wedding. You can get the house next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Oh wow, Well.
Speaker 2: Hope you and your family really have a special day for write your son's wedding.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: What a great deserved winner.
Speaker 2: That was the winner of the Raw Melbourne Hospital Grand Prize, the five point three five point three million dollar at home in Camberwell rouen Or. What a great winner. I really hope she does manage to keep it to just do her and her husband. I love that she doesn't want to overshadow her son's big day today. They have a great day.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Twenty minutes time, then People's Playlist wherey Friday you beat the songs so we give you a theme. We've got a great one come up in twenty minutes time. Then at eight Oasis tickets not one but two pairs to be one. They are here no one is entourage having lunch yesterday at Flower Drum, which this week did Patsy's News One Melbourne's best restaurant. Yes, an amazing place there, institution, great, great, great food there.
Speaker 1: No one's there. Then he went see the penguin parade. I love that, you know. We were joking like are they going to tick off tourist stuff? Yes, they are one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And apparently Liam was spotted this week going for a walk on Sorrenter Beach.
Speaker 5: Oh beautiful.
Speaker 2: The news article not that I be google and stalking. The boys said he was trying to shake off jet leg How would they know? Yes, exactly everything asked him in his bucket out. All right, So that's coming up. But right now one thousand dollars up for grabs. It hasn't gone yet this week for our instant Caller of the week when we hear a great story. So today there's two ways you can share your stories for the next twenty minutes. On thirteen fifty five, twenty two, So yesterday Rio was telling us a story about how we had to go to Sydney this week and Rio stayed the night before this big do we had on on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: And was involved in an incident in a sauna.
Speaker 5: Yes, I went down to the hotel sauna.
Speaker 6: As I go in, there's three men, older men, I should say, very very naked, not hiding anything, just sitting there, everything on show. I'm in my board shorts, so I panic a bit. I think, oh, it's a naked sauna. I didn't want to be the only naked person in there.
Speaker 2: But that is ridiculous. It's no dress code to be how you want to be in there. Just cause three old naked in there.
Speaker 6: They've said a precedent, and I feel like i'd be sitting there they'd be judging me, like, oh, look.
Speaker 2: It's not compulsory to be I also, men of the age, don't they just get naked.
Speaker 1: They don't care the drop of a hat.
Speaker 6: Yes, well that I didn't think that through, and I just thought I didn't want to be the only I didn't be the odd one out, you.
Speaker 5: Know, So I just pop out, strip off.
Speaker 1: Where did you leave your board shorts? Just on the floor.
Speaker 6: The sauna was in the locker room, so I just popped it in my locker, pop back in. I'm sitting with these three naked old blokes. No one's saying a word, but everyone's lovely, having a peaceful time. Ten minutes later they all leave. I've still got a bit of my session to go. A few minutes after that, I'm sitting there naked alone, loving life. Then three younger guys come in and they are they are not naked at all. So they opened the sawner door look at me like I'm a freak, Like I've never.
Speaker 5: Seen the look on their foot.
Speaker 6: They were confused, they were horrified, but I think maybe the younger they were maybe like twenty two any one, and they like, just like, what is this Guy's a guy? He's a nude guy, so they said, and it is. You never feel more naked than when you're the only person that's naked in the room. I've never felt more naked.
Speaker 2: Form of vulnerability is asked, strips of everything, dignity.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're all clothed, and said, there's this this silence that I have to acknowledge it.
Speaker 2: So I try to hang in the more than a moisture and heat, So I try to explain myself like you are now naked.
Speaker 1: And afraid by the teeth show, but in a sauna.
Speaker 6: They're a bit afraid too. I think, oh, I said, I think it's I think it's supposed to be a naked So.
Speaker 1: You're trying to coerce them. You're trying to coerce them.
Speaker 6: They didn't because in my head, I'm trying to explain why I'm naked, because the silence was unbearable.
Speaker 1: But you now made it worse better than hey, just get your catslef.
Speaker 6: I was just trying to explain why I was naked. I wasn't trying to say, you get one new dude, four new dudes. But that's clearly how they took it, because they didn't say.
Speaker 1: A way to take it. I think you were trying to come on to me.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying, this is why I am naked.
Speaker 1: Trying to another relationship. Too many those in Sydney stas in Sydney. Oh no, at the Grand Star Hotel, I got.
Speaker 2: Scandal as if you were really famous, that story gets out. You're going, I'm just trying to encourage those young man.
Speaker 5: I was explaining. I was explaining my own actions.
Speaker 1: We're getting lost in some antics. Did you encourage them? No, I didn't take that pan.
Speaker 5: I was just explaining why my pants we're only like two.
Speaker 2: Months away from broadcasting to Sydney. You introduced them to introduce yourself to him naked.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm showing my it's a mean Greek with Rio. Literally at least it wasn't cold.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow. We so yesterday we got the first part of the story that you got naked because you felt like you had to with those old guys. And I thought that was a story. As you went into the ambut Ria goes no, no, no. By the way, that's not the end of that story. That's not even the weirdest bit. And I'm like, what I said, We've got to go back.
Speaker 1: To it tomorrow. All David, like, what the hell happens? Did he do it? Does he fall in love with one of those old guys?
Speaker 5: Give you a sugar, daddy?
Speaker 2: I never would have known this out extraordinary? All right, So how do you win the one thousand dollars? Do you want to get naked in a sauna with Rio? No, we're looking for your nude.
Speaker 1: Course. I don't know what I'm expecting here, but it's Friday. We're all a bit giggly.
Speaker 2: Nude calls for one thousand dollars for nude calls, and we're Patsy fainting this week on the flight back.
Speaker 1: It was quite a dramatic trip. We nelsed to do a lot. Actually in twenty four hours, Sydney. We're putting you on notice on the Great Way.
Speaker 2: Actually, so we're looking for your stories about fainting and nudity. Give us a call. One thousand dollars up for grabs. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian of I got a story about nudity for you. Another person who texted enough to hear in Rio's extraordinary story. Someone has said you should have one thousand dollars for that incredible story. Someone said, Christian, this is why I listen to your show for stories like this. I would never tell anyone that story.
Speaker 5: Probably should have kept it to myself.
Speaker 2: These are the best stories. So stories about nudity and fainting. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two. Someone didn't hear the show. Yes, why we talk about why it pants out faint? She'd been really hitting the Bundy and coke.
Speaker 9: Listen.
Speaker 1: No, I'm fed up of lying for you.
Speaker 9: No, you need to start with these false us. You're spreading across the community.
Speaker 8: No, I just hadn't eaten enough or drank much water, and had about six cups of coffee.
Speaker 1: You know, you know you, oh, I don't eat much.
Speaker 2: You know, how do you at that bar they have a little snack or anything, and fellow having some food. All right, so fainting nudity. Maybe someone's pullost you together the double barrel. That's thirteen fifty five twenty two. First of all them, we got a Helen, Helen, welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Thanks guys. So I've got twin boys and they're about five and they are ready for school, and I thought I'll quickly jump in the shower. Jumped in the shower. Next minute one of them runs him quick quick, mum, mum, neds. We've kicked the footy on the roof and neds on the roof of the shed. And I don't know how you got up there, a tree or something. So grab a towel, run out there, seem up on the roof. Oh my god, quick, get the ladder there. Climb up on the ladder and half of course, halfway up the towel slip down. Some standard butt naked reaching up to try and get.
Speaker 1: The child off out of an image. I've got to say.
Speaker 11: Child survived as I was moved. As I was I'm going down the ladder with him. I turned around and there with the neighbors walking.
Speaker 1: Quick wow up the ladder as well.
Speaker 2: It's yes, angle, it's not just nudity, it's some kind of examination as well.
Speaker 1: You pull a thing, Helen, it keeps going. Actually, don't know about the ball. I don't want to play football. Are stay up here forever sport Helen. Great story, Thank you very much for sharing.
Speaker 11: No worry.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys, have a lovely weekend. Shane. Welcome to the show. Shane, Yes, good morning. Hi.
Speaker 12: Many years ago I was doing my diving course up in Noosa and we had to get kidded out in a diving shop and snorkeling, and a whole lot of people in the shop were going on a snorkeling trip, so we were just getting fit out of the gear.
Speaker 4: So they've had some.
Speaker 12: Low petitions where you just sort of try your wetsuits on and all your diving gear. And I was wearing board shorts and put the wetsuit on and as I zipped up it was a spring suit. So the zips on the front. As I zipped up the front of the spring suit. Unfortunately, those that have seen this movie are something about marry the we got a bleeder, frank and beans got caught, and so I didn't yellow. Yep, I'll be able to get you'll be able to get it. It's a bit like sort of in the when you go camping in the summer and you've got to get caught the zipper and the sleeping bagging, and you start, you start panic, you start panicking. So I panicked. So what goes through your mind? Of course if you've seen that film something a mirror. I thought, do you zip up or do you zip down? I thought, okay, if I zip up, maybe it's going to come loose. Well, because I was wearing.
Speaker 1: I would have zip down.
Speaker 12: You zip down in that, Well, well that's what you thought, so you correct. So I went the wrong way. I zipped up more of it, more of it got stuck, and then they heard me. So the dive instructor came over and a few other sort of notice. So the only choice was to zip back down. But as I zip down, more of it got I mean, so the only way, the only way to get out was to take the wet suit off with my board shorts, which was very uncomfortable. Wet suits aren't easy to get off. And so there I'm standing in the shop and the only thing that's attached to my body is the wet suit and the board shorts which still attached to the frank and beans, excuse me. And then of course there was a volunteer someone to get to Paris is just to cut it off hit and it was the worst part about it. I did decide going diving, with an expensive trip and so forth, and of course it wasn't practicing first day and soon pulls out in the ocean, the salt water.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it did not help.
Speaker 12: And then when I when we got back to the to the hotel where I was staying, when I did so how was the first day? And of course I told the story. She didn't believe me, and I dropped my pan a kid.
Speaker 1: A boat's motor or something. Never a propeller.
Speaker 12: Story is never, never wear a pair of board shorts. If you're going to wear a spring suit, is make sure wearing budgie smugglers because they do ride up and your hundred percent, Chris, don't sip up further.
Speaker 2: The only the only hope for freedom is going down and try and release the little fella. You know, my gosh, you poor man, poor man and everything cocaine.
Speaker 12: Now diving gear. Don't I never have worn a wet suit.
Speaker 2: The diving days are over. Hey, listen, we've got to give you the one thousand dollars. It's an incredible story. You are this week's caller of the week, Shane. You just want one thousand dollars. Go back to do so much, go back diving.
Speaker 12: Go back to get into some decent work too, Shane.
Speaker 2: Enjoy spending your one thousand dollars here this week's call the week. Great story, very well told. Have a lovely weekend, mate, thanks for showing it. We do that every week, Calling the week thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick. Take advantage of the guaranteed trade and offer that beat anybody else's offer by five thousand dollars more. That's Mercedes Benz sperit. We got news headlines coming up next. Thank you, Shane.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Right now, though, time for this week's people's playlist.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they were listening and calling and choosing the music and just when hit eh, somebody fake the station charting?
Speaker 5: Where the people's play listen?
Speaker 6: Christian calling right now and help Christian dig the songs for Friday show.
Speaker 2: All right every Friday on the show the last hour eight to nine, you pick up the songs. We give you the theme today. Songs were three words in the title. Songs are three words in the title. What do you want us to play? Thirteen fifty twenty two, Patsy.
Speaker 1: What do you reckon? I?
Speaker 9: C DC has several in their catalog. You shook me Highway to Hell.
Speaker 1: You shook me all night long? As six you shook me, called you shook me, You shook me all night long?
Speaker 9: In brackets all night long?
Speaker 2: Do you hear them at any moment during that song going you shook me, you shook me, shook me?
Speaker 5: It's absolutely you shook me all not long.
Speaker 9: Anyone knows that, Oh well, you shook me Highway to Hell? Backing black, You know what.
Speaker 1: What fainting might have been two days ago? But Lulu, maybe.
Speaker 9: On the radio, you'll be De Lulu tonight at Oasis.
Speaker 2: Well i'd be de Lulu, but I know I'm de Lulu, and I learn that song Champagne, Champagne, Champagne, champagne and don't look, don't look.
Speaker 8: We're off to say Akadeka on November sixteen, just like you're off to see Oasis tonight.
Speaker 1: You can sing it.
Speaker 5: You shoke you should you shook me.
Speaker 1: What's that other bit they're doing Fools.
Speaker 9: Blooded Us.
Speaker 5: Extended version.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is fust mean, someone remixing.
Speaker 9: It first time ever at e mc g November sixteen. There have the T shirts already.
Speaker 1: Alex, what's if you mate? I wanted only the Lonely by Royalbison, but I was just told it's not in the system. You know what.
Speaker 2: I'm stunned some of the stuff we play. Honestly, we pay shake a town feather. How dare they the big o doing that? It's a great I don't know who the hell that Look, it's a howling dog.
Speaker 5: Sixty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's still sound session a ways, just do it as a covered tonight.
Speaker 1: I've got no doubt.
Speaker 2: Only well Pat Wow, I'm gonna I'm gonna play into the system.
Speaker 1: On Monday to get it on vinyl. Well, I'll tell you what though.
Speaker 7: The other one is Katrina in the Waves with an absolute classic walking on sunshine.
Speaker 2: As Patinos are simply walk. This is more like a big Friday song. Now, if you're thinking about songs, they all need big Friday energy b F E.
Speaker 1: E yeah, yeah, yeah Friday energy. This has got it.
Speaker 2: Only the lonely has got it in Ladle too much, I say for this week radio station.
Speaker 5: Can we aleast get a kip of only when we come back?
Speaker 2: Do dom dumb? They need to bring that back to music, bring back the old dude.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yeah, let's get it going again. Guys, Ria, what have you got?
Speaker 5: I got a big song, a hot big Friday energy BF.
Speaker 6: This has got BFE written all over it from two thousand and fives in your honor it is best of you Foo fights.
Speaker 1: This has got big Friday energy. So what songs Jules play?
Speaker 2: You gotta have three words in the title, not just half the song title. The actual song title is three. It's not my parentheses go score thirteen fifty five twenty two. I take us back to nineteen ninety two. If you go on YouTube right now, sixty million human beings have watched the video for this.
Speaker 1: He's not medically trained, but he gave us his medicine. Dr Alburn it's my life.
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 1: I wrote this on a single, a single. Anyone remember a cassette single and.
Speaker 9: They were yellow last Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've still got a box of my CAS singles. I might have royalbertson that the big O. Remember when who is called it? Christian? He calling from the gym. It's in the gym.
Speaker 2: Someone recognized Dr Auburn in the gym. And all right, lines up and now and give us a call.
Speaker 4: A Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Twenty minutes ago.
Speaker 2: I've got a lure on my phone from Ticketmaster saying it's today. Oh Downoads, your phone is your ticket Oasis. I'll see it down the tonight. It's going to be incredible. I cannot believe they've actually stay together. They are together, They're and just seeing the phonos of them in Melbourne, you know, Noel at Flower Dram with his entourage yesterday and Liam apparently walking down in Sorrento Beach. They are amongst us. Yeah, and tonight the smell of Gazelle's in the air. Everyone cleaning off their adida's gear. Gets your bucket hats ready, you've got yours. Look, I've got my didas oats. I cannot wait for tonight and enjoy the shows over the weekend as well. We have not one, but two Pazzit tickets to give away after eight o'clock this morning. But right now it's time for today's People's playlist for every Friday on the show.
Speaker 1: You pick all the songs, we give you a theme. Three words song titles.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they were listening and calling and choosing the music and just when hit eight, somebody pay the station chatty play the.
Speaker 5: People's play Listen Christian calling right now? When help Christian Big the songs for Friday show.
Speaker 1: Three words, song titles, You say it, come you saying? Rio would love to hear this.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's the soundtime.
Speaker 1: Deep pand boys deep pans. That's just my und if. Rio's phone went off for this is the.
Speaker 2: This is Rio, bring turns dud, you gotta go on side and during the show, come on and the sauna short player, can you just turn it off?
Speaker 1: Thanks mate? Again? All right? Then what do you want to hear?
Speaker 2: Songs are three words in the title. They must the ultimate test here be f Big Friday Energy, this and the Boss. I think it is the out There Brothers because they were out there looking for the next hip hockey teacher.
Speaker 1: It's appropriate this How is this in the system?
Speaker 2: And only the lonely Lizard come on through? The Boss righteous, This is in the system. Someone requested this Rednecks. Have you seen the movie, The Springsteen movie. This is Big Friday energy. The Boss.
Speaker 4: Lean on me.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Bill Withers did the original club who voted the great cover version in the eighties.
Speaker 1: This is a great.
Speaker 2: Vivad, A brilliant three words on my cold blay? How about fact? Noel Gallagher's favorites Coldplay song can you tell Me? Once an interview, when I asked Liam about Coldplay, he said they're a bunch of bedwetters.
Speaker 1: I said, you don't really mean that, You're a grown up. They grabbed coup Then he goes check a look at him. He's a bedwetter.
Speaker 5: I imagine him liking Ay.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take some calls here we got kicking.
Speaker 1: Off this morning. Jane, welcome to the show.
Speaker 10: Good morning, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good, Jane, and thanks for calling up. What would you love us to play?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 10: I think I belong in the grammarphone era or with Alix.
Speaker 3: Actually, I've just realized that.
Speaker 10: On the morning chosen, but I'm going to give it a go.
Speaker 3: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 10: Twist and Shout by the Beatles.
Speaker 2: Now turns out to the Fairest Baron's Day Off as well the Carnival parade.
Speaker 1: This is a brilliant song.
Speaker 10: Is great for a Friday to get Oasis?
Speaker 3: Give me the Beatles, Wow the.
Speaker 2: Beatles the song Jane, thank you very much. You can have a lovely weekend. Let's go to Laura. Laura, Welcome. What do he want us to play?
Speaker 11: Good morning guys, I love you play start me out Rolling Stones?
Speaker 1: I love the STU. Great choice, Laura. Let's go to Brendan. Now, Brendan, welcome to the show. Good morning, morning Gods, Happy Friday. Yay be man on boards. What should we play?
Speaker 2: What about a bit of Simple Minds Alive and Kicking? Friend and brilliant song Simple Mind's Alive and Kicking. Let's go now to Kirsty. Good morning Kirsty.
Speaker 1: What can we play Christy? Christy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: After watching Rob Thomas at the Forum last night, I'd like to hear Lonely No More.
Speaker 4: Rack.
Speaker 1: Oh, I haven't heard this in ages?
Speaker 5: Great song?
Speaker 6: Well, Rob Thomas always comes when a massive artist is in Melbourne and Taylor Swift overshadowed and.
Speaker 1: I bet he was great last night? Was he was playing the Forum?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 2: Yep, Okay, we're really roud you didn't he Yeah, new feature one word music reviews Thomas, Yeah, put it on the posters.
Speaker 1: Let's get to Richard now, one last one, Richard, Happy Friday, Ician.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday. May What would you love us to play? Song with three words on the title?
Speaker 12: Any good reasons by Thirsty Murky.
Speaker 2: This is a brilliant suggestion. Great choice, Richard, Thank.
Speaker 1: You very much.
Speaker 2: All right, we're going to start playing these after the news. Sport and Oasis tickets not one two beds of tickets to be one from eight this morning.
Speaker 4: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian rich Here.
Speaker 2: I won the first pair of Oasis tickets last year on the show Jim, we had the very first pair of tickets giveaway. I'm there tonight. What time we meeting on beforehand for a pre match Shandy? I won't be on Shandy, my friend.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Oasis tickets you can still get some tickets at livenation dot com dot au restrictive views, but you can stall by them. Livenation dot com dot au. We have not one, but two double passes to give away this morning.
Speaker 1: For the fans.
Speaker 2: So if you tell me, why, why, why why do you have to have these tickets? Call me thirteen fifty five twenty two at first?
Speaker 1: Who we got here?
Speaker 4: Lee?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show, Christian, How are you? I'm good? Lee? So Oasis? Tell me about the band? Are you a big fan?
Speaker 14: I've been a massive fan since the nineties. I grew up with nineties music with Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, all those and then Away Come along with their album the first album, Bloody Else with super Sonic on it, which is still probably to this day my favorite song definitely maybe is the album. But I've just been trying to call all week. I'm lot shaken now because I've been trying so hard to go and see him. Never seen them live and just would absolutely go nutsy if I've got the chance to go.
Speaker 2: Lee, You're going to go and see them. Get your Gin and Tonic, you can feel supersonic.
Speaker 1: Lee, you there? Enjoy? Yes, you got them? Oh my god, You're exactly who I wanted to.
Speaker 2: Call a proper fan. Shaking so much. Enjoy call me the next day.
Speaker 1: Let me know what it's like. Okay, I won't be alive word only enjoy Oasis.
Speaker 14: Thank you so much, Christian made on Europe fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm that tonight. All right, let's go to Nicholas now only it's going to Nicholas.
Speaker 3: Good. How you doing, big man? Oh my god, I'm shaking with excitement.
Speaker 1: They're all going to use this now, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, my heart's up thumping.
Speaker 2: Tell me some good news, Nownsen. First of all, let's just rewind. So what's your favorite Oasis song? You grew up with them or are you in a recent.
Speaker 3: Wonderful easily by far. I had a walk then when I was a little kid, I reckon. I talked through so many Double a's listening to that. I wore that small little magnetic tape out. I went over to London and they'd broken up by that time. Trying to buy tickets here and it's impossible, like all those Russian scammers.
Speaker 1: You're talking all the Russian YouTube. He's got our Oasis tickets.
Speaker 3: And like me to actually get through today, I'm mind blowing. I'm feeling like I'm dreaming.
Speaker 1: Well, the dream continues. You've won the Oasis tickets.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I need nappy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is fannastic getsing you double A's fire up the Sony Woman, Oh my god, Dobby surround.
Speaker 1: Sound and there's the orange headphones.
Speaker 3: I'm going to cry. My partner and I We're going to go through the moon. You rock, guys, You're roight.
Speaker 2: Hey listen, have a great time to enjoy Oasis. Thanks recording, Well done.
Speaker 3: God Bless.
Speaker 1: No one has ever said that God bless. Wow, it's that big God. We gave a woman a five point three million of my house yesterday. She did not see God Bless. That's how big this is.
Speaker 2: Now all right, we got the answer and when we come back, we are for songs of three words in the titles. This is coming up next. Lean on Me the Club new Vaux version, brilliant song from the eighties.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show one podcast.
Speaker 2: The show is on a break next week. My week off begins tomorrow. My target twenty thousand words if I can get a wiggle on must be written.
Speaker 1: Eight days starts tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Seems like a lot.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what You'll know if I've hit that target. When you see me a week Monday. If I'm a.
Speaker 2: Little bit twitchy, I didn't do it to busy staring out the window. I'm going to bury my phone for the next eight days.
Speaker 9: Are you gonna look at? How do you do that when you're right?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 9: Do you need an absolutely quiet house to focus?
Speaker 1: You've got family's so do you like you start that? Chris?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: Are you found the dog? Shakespeare didn't have put up with this.
Speaker 5: I remember last book you were writing, you went into the car park.
Speaker 1: Now the beature every day. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember once when I wrote my first children's book, I hired a hotel for two weeks. I went around the corner from where I live, right all those cheap motels. They must have thought it was a serial killer. I didn't sleep there. I would just use it as a quite obvious Actually rang them and said, what's the cheapest room?
Speaker 1: They went, oh, but it's got a view of the car park. When I don't care.
Speaker 2: I want that, but tell the maid not I won't be sleeping in the room, right, They were, like what I said? And also can she not clear up anything from anything in there? Because you know what's post it notes everywhere? So on the wall they build these post it notes and the story arts and stuff that they must have thought, this.
Speaker 1: Guy, what is going on? And I'd been like, I'm here to write child's book.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I made whatever the DJ killer once my.
Speaker 1: Wife came to see me and have lunch again. And that isn't his wife.
Speaker 2: Motel with the cheap view classy lay? All right, so Rio, what are your weekend planers?
Speaker 5: What are you up to Saturday? I've got an interesting double act.
Speaker 6: We're going to Oasis and then straight after legging it to a Halloween party.
Speaker 1: Oh to be your age, No way, Oasis doesn't finish to the level. It's bedtime.
Speaker 6: That's the least about warriors, because what do you what are you where to? That fits Oasis?
Speaker 5: And then I wonder how many.
Speaker 2: People are doing that tonight as well? You know, going to Oasis then to a Halloween party?
Speaker 5: What are you guys like? A spooky nineties zombie.
Speaker 1: God? That is a long night, it will be yes. Do you think you actually will go to the party? You know what? That is chance?
Speaker 2: I'm feeling too well, too many fizzy beers and frothies.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow Oasis sing along to the songs.
Speaker 5: It's an easy out as well. You can just be like that will be drunk. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Alex.
Speaker 4: What are you?
Speaker 1: Are you out and about tonight on the streets with the kids. Yeah, it's all ahead of me. Christian, I can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Halloween.
Speaker 1: You dressing up? I am.
Speaker 7: I'm going to dress up as the evil flying Monkey, one of them from the Wizard of Ours.
Speaker 1: Well, Jo, that is good dad skills I've taken.
Speaker 7: I've taked the temperature. It's nineteen degrees. It's going to be hot in that suit, really hard.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but are we are?
Speaker 2: The kids really will see the flying monkeys? Thoughts and prayers, a little buck mushroom down the nasty kids, look away kids, anyway, that is not a trick, nor is it a treat.
Speaker 1: It stinks, oh my god, dripping in sweat, but it's arm pitch obviously.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a lot, isn't it with the young kids. Thoughts and prayers for all the Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also it's like nighttime, just because you have to work so hard to maintain that nighttime routine, and then you chuck in energizing them with way too much sugar, way too much sugar. Dumb idea Halloween and chocolate? Is it niver mumps and ridiculous?
Speaker 7: And it's all going to be done by four thirty five o'clock because apparently that's when all the lollies go.
Speaker 1: That's when they're all done, So earlier the better ride the high and the low as well with the sugar low and get them to bed.
Speaker 2: Is it sad that I'm glad I'm out tonight so I don't have to put up with those annoying kids?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: True, have become that person out the streets just to love how weeen kids and it now I'm like bloody kids again. I get really irritable because some of them grab like a big old fist for the sweets.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are one.
Speaker 9: I tell Audrey one or two. One kid took our whole cold room on you too, a lot of them, Bob cratch it save enough for everyone else?
Speaker 1: Was he like a thirteen year old?
Speaker 4: Boys?
Speaker 9: It was a young teenage boy.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is grab grab hands.
Speaker 9: She took the whole thing he did. No one else got any see him?
Speaker 1: Do you also still Pats go to a different suburbs.
Speaker 2: You remember Pats used to go suburbs for all chross linked balls.
Speaker 9: Yeah, go to Malvine, Alex. That's where all the best treats are.
Speaker 5: Seriously knock over those joints.
Speaker 8: They will give you link balls, they will give you chocolate blocks, none of I.
Speaker 1: Don't recognize you. What you doing, Petrina? Haven't seen you? Why around the corner number fifty two train there or something.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you've got to go to the affluent suburbs to get all the good trades.
Speaker 2: All right, we got the latest news and coming up next and today's Halloween theme Time Wastster.
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell Show one podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, I'll see you Oasis tonight. Traveling from the country. Three hour train ride to Melbourne. How exciting. I'm going to check out the pop up store as well. Meeting up with some friends in Melbourne. We're all going to the show, staying overnight. Back to the country tomorrow morning. I cannot think of anything else. You don't need to shallow hyper bump into you down there tonight. If you are going and you see me, come and say hi as well. All right, time wastter No no no, no, no, no, no not appropriate o happy halloy.
Speaker 1: Yeah that counts back.
Speaker 5: I've missed him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's always back this time of year, day for calendar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, red Hot Summer tour bor Kelly, Missy Higgins.
Speaker 1: Where all Ghules are Verab.
Speaker 2: Park's where we sleep, Indie Crypt where every park Tickets at Ticketmaster. Today's Halloween time. Waste Spook a movie funny, funny, funny.
Speaker 5: We laugh.
Speaker 1: The girls were a show. Gules gor Spook, who's talking?
Speaker 2: S Goo's talking? Scary poppin comedy We Wada boo.
Speaker 11: Boo.
Speaker 2: Vampires like soft pornography, erotic fiction to read.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: I tried to read fifty sights of grain of grain.
Speaker 1: You get it? I should be gone bye? You real? What have you got?
Speaker 6: Sauna friend trying to get into character finding Dory.
Speaker 15: Buddy, Oh yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah comedy but Cinderell Yeah yeah yeah yeah. You can't scare a vampire. You cannot scare because I dead.
Speaker 5: Scream girls.
Speaker 2: Screaming with his name, comedy name comedy, Winnie the Boo boo ah ah Gold Spooky movie on they radio next.
Speaker 1: Oh so.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 2: Back in this juned house. Mam bye, my my our seven five ah three three.
Speaker 4: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Monitor.
Speaker 2: Joanne Brown currently suting car outside of parents house. Christian, you are all particularly craze today. Shot the first message I've heard. Darryl texted in twenty minutes ago, saying Christian, and are you high or is it tonight? I think it's both actually and of course high on the greatest struggle. There is gold one I four point three. I'm mainlining every day six or nine.
Speaker 5: Just great drugs.
Speaker 2: Cut me up lead gold one of four point three. Now I should say good luck to a very special young man. There's a great young engineer here called Ben Lawrence. He leaves next week, but we're not going to be here. Ben has been this joyous presence around the show, dreamt of doing what I do. He's always wanted to get on here, and he's leaving to go and do that. He's been an engineer. He's quite a big character, very very very very very very very funny guy. Yesterday bizarrely was leaving here just go and get a coffee on the way home and I bumped into him and we having a chat where were getting coffee.
Speaker 1: He was saying, ow nervous he is.
Speaker 2: And as we were chatting, I realized he's got such a high joke IQ. He's like you, real, extremely smart, extremely funny. Ben is going to be a big star. He's going off to start where we all have to start out in the regions where I did twenty seven years ago. He's off to Tasmania, Devonport. Yeah, is he on CFM, Like, I don't know the name he's on CFM Ben Anyway, most important thing is remember this name, Ben Lawrence. Trust me with the next couple of years to be back on a Metro breakfast show kicking our ass.
Speaker 1: Ben. I will see you down the dial one day, very very soon. But good luck.
Speaker 2: He's an awesome guy. And if you're over that way, tune in Ben Lawrence in Devonport. All right, then, today we're looking for your spooky movies. Mary Coffin's Gold, The Big labuski Oh Silver Gould, Runnings, Gold Draining, Miss Daisy Gold Plus, Ferris Pooh, Louisdale Silver Plus, Ingorias Bastard's Gold, Suck Your Blood, Diamond Bronz, The Zombie Movie Bronze, How to Train Your Vampire Lielo Needs Stitches Ane That's very good. John weejer not John Wee, John Weecher and Bite at the Museum.
Speaker 1: Gold all right, who's the winners? Who's off to red hot summer tour next year?
Speaker 5: Out of Werribee Park draining Miss Daisy.
Speaker 1: All right, we are back in a week's time. Enjoy this weekend, See you anyway, Sis
Speaker 4: Christian Our Connell Show Podcast