Speaker 1: Cata, Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 1: Happy Tuesday, Darlings.
Speaker 3: Do your friends have to send you calendar invites to hang out? It's an affirmative from making Do you think this.
Speaker 4: Is similar to people who talk about scheduling intercourse? You know, some people are in the camp but like, if you have to schedule it, it's not sexy, but others are Like, if I don't have a responsibility, if I'm not accountable to it, I'm not going to do it.
Speaker 3: I think that's very important and I stand by that as well. Yeah, romance, romance after the six months, like you need to work on that, say all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's go. You're listening to Flex and Frooms on KATA.
Speaker 4: If we're best friends and I want to hang out, do I need to send you a calendar invite?
Speaker 1: Yes, listen to this. If this is wrong, I don't want to be right.
Speaker 5: But even if you're my best friend and we're just gonna go grab a cup of coffee on a Saturday morning, I want to send you a GCL invite for it. I want your email and I want to send you a calendar invite because otherwise, Like for me, I don't know if it will happen otherwise.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was a TikTok from just hopping along. You vibe with that one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: I don't want to give you any margin vera to say oops, I forgot.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 3: My time is precious and I don't like being alone when I have chosen to be with someone else because I allot my personal time. So and when you're eating into my social time and I could have been hanging out with someone else, I getting very struppy.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 4: I don't think I need to receive a calendar invite from someone, but I need everyone to start using calendars because the thing that I'm fine, like you want to bail on a haying, do what you need to do. I don't personally want to begrudgingly do anything, so I don't want to begrudgingly encourage anything. But it is annoying if for the third week in a row, it's like, oh, oh, I didn't put that in my calendar. That being said as someone who religiously uses a calendar, I still get it wrong.
Speaker 3: I want to know does anybody over the like, does anybody not use a calendar?
Speaker 1: I don't have a calendar.
Speaker 4: Miking calendar is so corporate vibes, like the more do you know what it is? Because we're freelancers and business owners will use calendars. I would not use a calendar for my personal life if my professional life wasn't bleeding over. Really, yeah, of course things are loose, be loose, have a good time. The calendar is to ensure that I actually make time for myself. But if I didn't have a job that was demanding, then I would just like do whatever I want for my time.
Speaker 1: Miki.
Speaker 6: I just keep everything in my head, which is actually kind of psychotic, but like that's what I do and that's how I've always done it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what people do before you work in a corporate.
Speaker 6: I don't only ever miss an event.
Speaker 1: I think once because you didn't want to go.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: I think that was like truly the only time I've ever like miss an event. I remember, I was flawed. I was so confused. I was like, I've never missed anything.
Speaker 1: It's uly my head.
Speaker 6: But also, like events were stored on Facebook back in the day. True, that's the other thing we're all running around all in the different platforms is now harder I think to keep it all in my head.
Speaker 4: And it's not unusual to keep information in your head. I know for a fact the reason why we know our friends' birthdays, and we used to know their phone numbers and their house addresses. Maybe you didn't because you're a negligent friend, but for the rest of us we knew because that's where you put the information in your head. It's like, oh, of course, I know my best friend's number ends in these three digits, like it's in the head. So I don't think it's a crazy thing to do. But in this instance, I was writing the top comments of that TikTok, and yeah, it's fifty to fifty people, Like best I can do is a ten minute. Hey, we're still on message, which is totally fine if you live within a five k radius of each other. I like the security of putting things in the calendar when I know I want to do them.
Speaker 1: I feel trapped.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I know you don't getting a blowback from the two besties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because there are some people I know I want to hang out with desperately, but I also know that some people live week to week paycheck and socially, I'm living month to month each year. I know what's happening in two months time. So if you don't put it in the calendar, I don't ever make it out the grip chat. And that's annoying for people who are kind of like, I want to hang out today, I don't really care what's happening in December, and that's unfortunate.
Speaker 1: And that's on busy lives.
Speaker 4: We are still in the year of click bait headlines. Saw one from Vice talking about how potentially dying could help you reach new levels of living. I said, what is this something that I was interested in skim reading? And so I eventually did. What I came to find out is that near death experiences, they're definitely trending again the timing exchange, but basically, scientists have witnessed brain patterns in dying patients that may correlate to what other people have said before about having lucid visions or out of body experiences as you near the end of your life, memories flashing before your eyes, seeing a bright light coming towards you. So they're all kind of validating the same exact story.
Speaker 1: Before.
Speaker 4: It felt as though one person had experienced it, and the rest were just talking about it like gossip. But studies have shown it actually does happen. What also happens with these people who've experienced near death experiences is that they come back with a renewed sense of understanding, almost like a wisdom that has somehow been injected into their brain and their synapses.
Speaker 1: And we've lost through me, or we even lost her.
Speaker 4: Listen, wait, wait, wait, it's NYU has been doing this university sounds fake. NYU Landgun Health Research has observed five hundred and sixty seven patients in twenty five hospitals. Most of them underwent CPR after suffering cardiac arrestes. Like some similarities and some links there with their experience, and so what they found out was that the transition from life to death can trigger a state of disinhibition in the brain that appears to facilitate a lucid understanding of new dimensions of reality, including people's deeper consciousnesses or memories, thoughts, intentions, and actions towards others. From a moral and ethical perspective, if you got someone crabby in your life, someone ungrateful, somebod who just doesn't understand the gift that life is. I don't know, not insinuating that you do anything with that information. But people are saying, if you almost die, you come back grateful.
Speaker 3: I guess because unlocking what's underneath your consciousness could actually be diabolical make you want to blow up your life anyway, so it's probably good to just know. Oh, at the end, I'll figure it out like a little slide show. I'm really into the slide show area like I would love actually, as the excerpt from life, you get to go to like a movie cinema, right, this is all imaginary exercise and get your favorite food like death row meal macas. You got the whole cinema to yourself. You got your besties, but you're all in gold class, so like not touching it stunning Unless you have a partner. Then you guys can be on.
Speaker 1: The same gold gold yes couch a couple.
Speaker 3: See you get like the hot dog that comes into the goal like love when they bring in the hot dogs to the goal.
Speaker 4: You hot dog juice in the afterlife Lil sold you with it.
Speaker 3: Then I get a slide show sensationalized best moments naturally.
Speaker 1: How long do you want the movie to be? Two hours? That's it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, because we're getting of your life.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I'm gonna want at least a five season you know, award winning production.
Speaker 1: No way, I've already lived it. Yeah, but you haven't. You only loved it from your perspective.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see the other uncut? But what's really lovely because there'll be little testimonials cut with you like carve Ashan sul and then she said this and that made me feel this way, like and that one. Guys, I think because this might not happen. You know, we all believe there's different things when we die. I reckon you should go home and look through a photo box and think about your life a photo box. Yeah, you got a box of photos at your parents house. Oh, unique experience.
Speaker 1: Potentially. I go back and watch it, and I say, have you.
Speaker 4: Updated the photo box since nineteen eighty nine?
Speaker 1: Memories in there.
Speaker 2: Ladies and gentlemen, It's time for Flexi's Big Question of the Week.
Speaker 4: This is one of my favorite activities because it means I get to ask you a question and you get to answer it.
Speaker 1: And why do I do that?
Speaker 4: Because it is my sole purpose, my life's purpose, to have a little chitty chat to have a little conversation. You know what, I'm sick of having conversations with people who are doing performance art. If you ask them a question, they derail it, or they find any way to not answer it, or they bring in a hypothetical scenario that does not even compute in order to confuse you so you get over the topic. I don't like that, So now I'm making you all responsible for answering this question. All right? What is an incorrect assumption that people make about you that you're using to your advantage? She writes questions for a living everyone.
Speaker 1: It's Reflex.
Speaker 4: You can get it from shop flexmimi dot com more of the good stuff. Because when I wrote that question, I said, you were saying because it's one thing for you to get stuck on the stereotype or the incorrect assumption and be mad.
Speaker 1: At the world.
Speaker 4: But there are a few in there where you're kind of like in the second you might just work in my favor and I'm happy if you're happy.
Speaker 1: Should I listen someone? No, I think, I mean, would you like to or do you want to save it? We'll save it? Yeah.
Speaker 4: We can give some examples for people because I think part of what I realize when I write questions is I know exactly what I mean, but I can reinterpret it differently for someone else. So for an example, let's say you have a colleague at work, right, and because she's very mild mannered, everybody thinks that she's really nice and she's really sweet, and she's like really gentle and kind to be around. She's just not really great at articulating herself. So when you're in a private she's the snarkiest person secret service that you would ever meet. But it doesn't benefit her to let anyone know that, so she maintains being quiet. Like I, I have friends of mine who pretend that they are daft, so people don't hold them to any account. Like they don't mind being the butt of the joke because they don't like the pressure of being like the person who like does better. I know some people who know how to like arc up and come across as really like mean and aggressive, so nobody.
Speaker 1: Like comes for them. Yep, important, these are all great skills to have.
Speaker 4: But yes, so what we're gonna do is on our Instagram, Flex and Rooms will put up a question box. You can put your question in this box and then coming up later in the week, bull unpack them all and maybe you share our own.
Speaker 1: I feel like I had one real quick. Oh yeah, this one. Don't make me bring it up again.
Speaker 3: Guys, we put it on the socials when a straight individual comes through with the partner chat.
Speaker 4: Mick and I are looking at which is so dead pair right now? And like I'm trying to understand, I'm looking at.
Speaker 1: You trying to say, is when you're like queer baiting?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, So when a straight person uses the word partner, we make the incorrect assumption that they are in fact queer and they use it to their advantage.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh yeah, you ate I ate you ate you so much? Yes, she did, so we're gonna aswer it later in the week. Absolutely you are. With flexing frames on Kita.
Speaker 4: We are giving away cold hard cash to the tune of five hundred Australian dollars because right now Fanta is running a fabulous flavor hunt. They've made a limited edition mystery flavor and want you to share your guesses on social media with the hashtag what the Fanta Now. To celebrate, we've asked you to share with us the most silly, wild, or confronting all innovative ways you add flavor to your life. During a very average week, we had a ton of listeners DM us and go to the website and enter, but we picked a fair few who made an impression on us and might have the chance to win the five hundred dollars on the phone. Right now we have Tilly. The crowd goes, wow, Now, Tilly, do you remember what you wrote about how you add flavor?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I essentially like to kind of conflate worlds of fact and fiction. So thank you. I like you a lot too. And I also like to mess around with what people might think of me by telling embarrassing stories of undisclosed identified people like pretty gruesome, horrific, embarrassing habits or stories stunning. And then when I'm tested to reveal who this person is, I'm uncomfortable doing that for this person's own privacy, and so I just falsely admit that it is mine.
Speaker 1: Oh you're good.
Speaker 4: We've got a method actor. And I used to be a chronic storyteller when I was in high school. One might say it, but I didn't lie about anything real. I would just say things like, did you hear about justin bieberating, and then I would just like keep sharing things that were potentially convincing, and then we're self convinced. I would say, oh, I was just joking, but my friend pulled me aside and said, one day you're going to tell the truth and no one's going to believe you, And then I stopped. What's the best reaction you've had to one of these stories?
Speaker 7: Best reaction was actually, you know, it's a bit silly, but it's actually from you girls.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, so.
Speaker 7: Like, okay, this is kind of unrelated but also very related. See distracted fiction mingling all very messy. I have I like to think of myself as a team player, and I have contributed to the podcast. Before my supplying material I inspired. I like to think I inspired an episode that was titled something like the worst DM We've ever received, and I falsely consessed to making someone I knew their partner's first whole VI dog bite.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 1: You're a real one.
Speaker 4: You are incredible, and this is the ingenuity that I want for everybody else in the world. While you're sitting around trying to find a story that's you know, equally parts entertaining and real. We have Tilly's in the building. You craft award winning stories just for our entertainment. And for that reason, Tilly, you are winning five hundred dollars.
Speaker 7: No no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll take it back.
Speaker 7: I'll take it, so please please, It's.
Speaker 4: All you and that should be a reason to keep lying. Everyone have some fun with life because you just might not know when you'll be rewarded for your.
Speaker 1: Wrongdoings or right tests.
Speaker 4: If you missed out today, we are calling people back all week, so jump online to cater dot com today you for your chance to win, and everybody, infuse playfulness into everyday life and join the fabulous flavor Hunt from Fanta hashtag what the Fanta? Tilly, thank you so much and congratulations.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, tune Indicator on da B or stream it on iHeartRadio.