Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 3: Sweet guys, hope you feeling well and healed after Matilda fan Fair. I don't know what's going to happen in our lives will unite us in such a way, but looking out for it coming up though, cutting your toenails in part.
Speaker 2: Of your friends and in the public.
Speaker 4: I did say, I've seen this in real life, never had it done in my exact presence, but definitely have been an auxiliary member of the public witnessing this go down. And I'm telling you it's not pretty.
Speaker 1: I like that word auxiliary.
Speaker 2: I means I've said it three times today. That's all right, you're with FLEXI and Frooms.
Speaker 5: Let's go, ladies and gentlemen, it's time for flexies.
Speaker 1: Big question of the week.
Speaker 3: One thing you may or may not know about me is my purpose for living is to have a bit of a chat and a giggle. Yes, and I think that I'm living in alignment every time I ask a question that makes somebody think. Because what I really like and what I've got to the nook and cranny of is I like getting to know people behind the mask skin. I think that people don't realize how much they tell on themselves when they have to justify who they are, what they like, and why they like them. Now do I really care about the answer?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 3: I just like the sense of vulnerability when somebody says I'm going to answer it, because bear in mind, you could say no, I don't want to answer that question, probably not going to be friends. But you could definitely say no, and that becomes the end of it. So thank you in advance for participating as you do every week, miss from Miana un Pleasure. The question of this week, though, is why do your friends like you? Last week we took a deep dive into insecurity to fortify a sense of self by asking what's the worst way someone could describe you? In this way, we go upstream into optimism and positivity. We find outur qualities that we think are attractive the people who care about us the most. I really implore you not to ask your friends until you've answered first.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 3: This is not an opportunity to go and data mine. Just think about it, like, what is it? Is it the fact that you are reliable? Are you just a good time to be around? Are you consistent? Are you open minded. Do they feel safe around you?
Speaker 4: Who know?
Speaker 3: Like they might not even tell you the truth if you were if you were to ask. Maybe it's just for clout and proximity. Maybe you just look good. Maybe it's just aesthetics.
Speaker 2: I mean sometimes it can. Sometimes it can usually the teenage yet and that's what you do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's like I do sometimes just habitual. You've been around, and it's weird to let you go.
Speaker 1: Are we gonna answer it right now?
Speaker 3: We're not gonna answer it right now, but what we are gonna do is pop the question in our Instagram story. It's flex and frums in there. You can answer the question and then we'll go through your answers. It's very exciting. We do love this process very much and it will commend you if you choose to share your thoughts on how brave, hot and sexy that is, because people don't. They really don't howaven and I'm judging them, like, not in a mean way, but it's definitely a making a character assessment.
Speaker 4: Every now and then on the show, a demonic, vile, rancid story comes across our desk, and we must share it with the community at large. This is from a listener and I'll read it out. Hey, flex and frooms. I'm a relatively new listener to the potty.
Speaker 2: And I am obsessed.
Speaker 1: Welcome.
Speaker 4: Must be nice. You get me through the job. I wish I could leave, and I need your stage advice. On a bit of a pickle sandwich I was forced into without consent.
Speaker 2: Mind you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was over to a girlfriend's house and we were watching Riverdale. Normal twenty year old girl stuff. Great to know we've got an audience in the gen Z community. But then out of nowhere, she whips out nail clippers and starts going at her toes. I'm thinking, okay, we're pretty comfortable hanging out. Even though I hate feet, I'll ignore it. Tell me why capitals? I hear crunching. We are not eating anything. There were no snacks out, so I turned to her. I said, what are you crunching? And she's like my tongue? How when I go to leave no toenails inside? What do I do? Can I move past this? She's a really good friend. For the sake of my friendship, can we keep this anonymous.
Speaker 2: Out?
Speaker 4: Just hearing the like little tiny minute crunches of a little toenail.
Speaker 3: That point she made about like them being friends so they can be comfortable around each other.
Speaker 1: Let's dead that before you get carried away.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: I feel like in your most sacred friendships, that's where you need to be extra mindful of your behavior. It's not about I get to be comfortable because I've earned proximity. It's like I respect you so much, I'm gonna choose to be vulnerable or to be open, or to let a wall down. We didn't have shame. I guess it's if you think about it, it might be like a replenishing angle, like the it's made from me and therefore it feeds me. I feel like a toe nowl eater is the same. Uh, Like, it's not eater. Somebod who picks their nose and eats the same community.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid, used to sit and usually no, I would like bite my toenails off.
Speaker 1: Do you ever see kids do that? They're like, how old were you? She's gonna say fourteen?
Speaker 2: No, like grab the foot and then like chew it off.
Speaker 4: Very very appealing, fantastic, No wonder I like yoga as an older woman. Anyway, do we think this is acceptable behavior? I'm gonna say no. I think in that instance you could have said something. I would have made a light joke and say, hey, where are the toenails gone? Because it could be it could be a misunderstanding. Maybe she put them into a pocket. So you always have to ask the question.
Speaker 3: Is the issue the tonail eating or the tone oil cutting? I thought the tonail cutting was like the peak of the misdemeanor. The eating is incidental to me, serious absolutely. I feel like if right now you whipped out your feet to cut your toneails, I think that's grossing me out more than if you were then to just have a little I.
Speaker 2: Did say it once.
Speaker 4: See someone on the on the Glo Waverley line, which is the one I used to live on.
Speaker 1: Cut their tone of what is that a train?
Speaker 2: A train? A train line? Like put their feet up on the seat and clip. That was a big moment for me, shadowing moments.
Speaker 3: But I want people to be comfortable, But the more comfortable you get, your level of awareness needs to increase as well, like the same time, same time. Otherwise, if you get more comfortable and your level of awareness doesn't increase, you're now making everybody else uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: At what cost?
Speaker 2: It's not looking good above.
Speaker 1: Mummaye, can I listen to flex and Rooms? Flex and Rooms?
Speaker 2: Okater we Mickey found this.
Speaker 3: Articles is working over time for through me? Do you ever hear me say Mickey found this article? You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who love giving and you take yourself? That's a real my additional research, I really do.
Speaker 3: I read the articles Mickey fans through and then I claim them as my own.
Speaker 2: I'm doing a library act.
Speaker 1: Train.
Speaker 4: This founded article in a youth publication that shall not be named for legal reasons.
Speaker 1: I hate yourself a youth publication.
Speaker 4: And maybe it was like a compilation of people's pet peeves at work. A little read through the article wasn't wasn't some of the best work I've seen. The pet peeves were like the very obvious ones like I don't even know what they were. Didn't hit me, but got me thinking about my own pet peeves. I had to reflect and think about an office experience that I had many years ago. Let me tell you the story. Everyone picture this twenty eighteen. I'm in a tuna girl phase. I tuna every single day for lunch, oftentimes for dinner as well. Because you were on a scant budget.
Speaker 1: That's your brand or was your brand?
Speaker 2: Crazy? Think that was my whole part. Do you remember that? Yeah, we totally John West right, No, that I just knew.
Speaker 4: It were.
Speaker 3: Beef with your to the point where I wasn't a tuna eater, and when I decided that I would, I would eat tuna for the first time as an adult picky eater vibes. I was like, I have to get both just so I can understand what the comparison is and I get what you're saying, Like Serena is like more mushy, has a lot of flavor.
Speaker 2: It's it's more more dense, it's more flaw.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's more dense and it has a lot of flavor. I like the oil better. But I think John West is it's easily incorporated into salads and what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I was.
Speaker 3: Eating with pumpkin, so I kind of like the textual thing of like just the slot.
Speaker 2: I cannot with John West. That is why tuna has a bad name. Anyway. Anyway, I say sort of say absolutely.
Speaker 4: Loved eating tuna every single day, and I went through a phase where I would heat it up in the microwave.
Speaker 2: I made a salad with rice and veggie stunning the tuna on top. Why do we get quite a tense email from Yeah.
Speaker 4: Everyone in the leadship position saying, hey, I I sit right by the microwave. Can you please stop doing that? At the time, I was sensed. I thought, how dare you police my eating habits? It's quite sensitive about at the time, and I made a clapback song which actually we can play. Okay, here we go, shall I.
Speaker 2: People told me I couldn't achieve my dream. They said, listen that it's not possible.
Speaker 3: To eat you every single day for lunch. You'll talk.
Speaker 1: They told me. If stank out the office.
Speaker 4: On one occasion, I was referred to as a fish bitch. Oh to the haters, I have a message.
Speaker 2: I hope your ears are open pretty good because here it is, and it's really actually pretty rude.
Speaker 5: Stuck my.
Speaker 2: No, I'm making new song, so maybe.
Speaker 1: Send me more for lunch for me. You were such a tastemaker. This is what year was that?
Speaker 2: Tenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: They're not ready for this. They're really not ready for this. Instagram was not yet Yeah tailored for video. When I was asking questions on Instagram, they weren't ready. When you're doing this self producing, mixing, mastering, and making video clips on the company.
Speaker 1: The company.
Speaker 4: Also imagine like that was so unprofessional, insane for that how with that?
Speaker 2: That's a bully, Like I bullied that woman.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you said it that well, but now we're friends.
Speaker 1: It runs deep.
Speaker 3: But this is the energy you want. It's Hubrius, the Hubris young adult Hubris is really amazing.
Speaker 4: Anyway, thanks guys. Didn't really go anywhere, but very very important stuff.
Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 3: Is it weird to go on a first date on your birthday?
Speaker 1: Rooms? Yeah, it is. I don't really care how you spin it. You could try.
Speaker 3: I'm open to having my mind changed all the time, every single day. If you can tell me an occasion where it is not weird. It is the opposite of weird. It is socially acceptable and socially praised to go on a date a first date on your birthday. Dm us flexen Frooms on Instagram. I'm happy to hear it anyway. The original story came from a TikTok user Chelliste c h E l E.
Speaker 1: S t E, who.
Speaker 3: Said that she was asked by a man to go on a first day on his birthday, and she was you know, going to the brain to trust to figure out if it was weird or she's just reading it wrong.
Speaker 1: She has an update for us.
Speaker 5: Listen, you guys got in my head about flipping birthday boy, and I was literally thinking, maybe the student's weird.
Speaker 2: It turns out he is weird.
Speaker 5: We rescheduled because I was like, look, I don't want to really meet you on your birthday for the very first time.
Speaker 1: Whatever.
Speaker 5: I'm chatting with him before the date, right, and I was like, Oh, what did you get.
Speaker 1: Up to here over the weekend?
Speaker 2: Listen to this?
Speaker 5: He goes, I've been busy for the last two months, super busy. And I was like, oh, cool, what have you been getting up to? Thought i'd find out a little bit about how he spends his time. Man's goes, I've been going on so many dates.
Speaker 1: Can you not imagine?
Speaker 2: Why would you say that?
Speaker 1: Understand?
Speaker 3: And this is another thing I recently came to the conclusion that all forms of conversation is trying to like get people to understand what your agenda is. All right, we are very picky with what we choose to share and not share or for our own personal agenda.
Speaker 1: Why in this instance, like, was he trying to be.
Speaker 3: Like I go on so many dates and you know you're special because I'm gonna go on this date with you on my birthday?
Speaker 1: Is that the.
Speaker 3: Angle I can't I want to understand, I really do. I want to get it. Or perhaps he thinks a birthday is just another date, it's incidental, and I want to go on a date. I don't want to be at home doing nothing. I want to have a loose time. I want to be celebrated.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can't even find I can't even find the mind space.
Speaker 2: Yep, the mind frame even.
Speaker 1: Let's find this man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will say I do think someone almost asked me out on a second hand on the birthday a few months.
Speaker 1: Ago, and then because they were like, what are you doing on Friday night? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh, I'm like doing this thing. I was like okay, and then I messaged them on Thursday being like when's your birthday and they're like, oh, it's tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It's in Friday.
Speaker 2: I was like, why were you asking what I was doing? Never got to the bottom of it.
Speaker 1: There's still time.
Speaker 2: I could definitely inquire further. But cause ship has sailed, you've been listening to the Flex and Froom's daily podcast. For more, Tune in De Catera on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.