Speaker 1: People do some weird shit.
Speaker 2: Would you like to try vape? Why would you take up something that is going to be addictive and expensive?
Speaker 1: I think that I'll tell you what. Yeah, because you're young and stupid, some things make more sense than others.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that your goal was to be healthy, and I just don't know. How can you figure that's going to happen when you're ordering a chocolate moose? No?
Speaker 3: You know, I had it in the car on the way home and I didn't have a spood, so I was like an hour a dillo trying to get ants out.
Speaker 2: Of a whole.
Speaker 1: Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adultsthood.
Speaker 3: Bean fingered is an awful sensation. You haven't been thinking about the right person.
Speaker 1: Goodness, may this is just still to blay a couple of mitches.
Speaker 4: Hi, it's Jenna.
Speaker 5: Please don't forget to include my name in the opener this season.
Speaker 1: Sorry. He is Mitch, Julie and Mitchell Koob.
Speaker 3: Hello everyone, welcome back. Mitchell Kooh good a, good a.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 3: You know what? You look good? You got a high pony on. You're quite miss congeniality.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you? I did love that film Miss Congeniality, too rubbish.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen it. This is the one where she's a cop, but she's actually gone on a beauty pageant.
Speaker 2: So good Sandra Bullock, ah amazing.
Speaker 3: I get that confused with the one that Reese Witherspoon's in, Miss Legally Bond, because.
Speaker 2: It's like legal I haven't seen that, neither of I haven't you.
Speaker 3: No, I've never seen that. But Hayten always goes whenever we can't find a movie to watch, he goes, let's watch Legally Blond. Like I couldn't be bothered. I don't know the premise, I don't know the plot, but the artwork annoys me.
Speaker 2: I watched Charlie's Angels for the first time the other day. Oh not the old one, like the Cameron Diaz through Barrymore.
Speaker 3: One, but I mean the only one it might be.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, what a fucking ridiculous film, Absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 3: It is done when you think about it, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I was that annoying person watching it going that wouldn't happen. That makes no sense. That's not realistic.
Speaker 3: Also, as if you'd work for someone that you've never met, especially in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Like okay, Jarlie, No, especially in twenty twenty two, you would like, you know, remote working.
Speaker 3: Oh true?
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, yeah, I actually said that they were ahead of the pandemic Charlie's angels. Charlie was always dialing in remotely.
Speaker 3: He was working from home the whole time.
Speaker 2: I never met the bastard and.
Speaker 3: There was a little cameo at the end. I like that. And you know that movie is so horny and sexy, like there's just such a sex about it. Don't do much for me, really, Oh no, I love the outfits and the skimpy dresses.
Speaker 2: And it's possible that you're bisexual. Potentially you've dabbled with BOW.
Speaker 3: I have dabbled with BOW, and I can't appreciate, you know, the other form. And that's why Jenna's here for eye candy for me and for the straight listeners high price.
Speaker 2: Keep their wheels back. I can appreciate Jenna's glorious busies, make no mistake gorgeous. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Really, I worked hard for them.
Speaker 3: So you paid for them.
Speaker 2: To Jenna, I can't believe that you ditched me in the last two weeks when really I needed it more than ever. I lost my fucking voice and had to do more talking to pick up your slack.
Speaker 7: I apologize, but I am back, Thank god?
Speaker 3: Where were you?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: She actually gave us no reasoning at all.
Speaker 4: So last week recording day was the Queen's death.
Speaker 3: Hold on, are you saying that the day the queen died? Jenna was m I a.
Speaker 8: Jenna?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Where were you at three thirty am? Our time?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Where was I?
Speaker 3: Bal Moral?
Speaker 8: How do you know?
Speaker 3: I knew it?
Speaker 2: Classic speaking, which we've got a talk back teens coming up, because remember when Prince Philip died, we did a comparison of how all the different radio stations broke the news. We're doing the same for the Queen Steff this time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny here at the radio station because obviously we were a podcast. I work at Kiss. We had plans in place because she was pretty ill for a couple of months and a couple of years, a couple of years. Yeah, And we had plans in place and the theory was that would happen during my show because the time zones. So I got prepped up quite heavily to you know, this is where we had audio packages ready to go. This is what you'll play. This is what happens. This is a protocol. Here's a black tie to put on like it's radio like, just to wear it. And I went home at eleven o'clock at night, and then the notification went out of eleven thirty. The family are rushing to the queen. Shit. I almost could have been the voice that broke the queen's death.
Speaker 2: I reckon one less thing that's stressed about is good, though I wouldn't want to be that person breaking that news.
Speaker 3: Imagine me breaking that news.
Speaker 2: Let it right now. The queen feels too soon to joke.
Speaker 3: No, I know I'm not just her death.
Speaker 7: I got the call it three forty.
Speaker 3: You're a staunch Monica's two. Are you upset? I was devastated beside yourself. Well, you were at her coronation, Yes, I was there, So it checks out that you'd be upset.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, I was there at her birth with the queen's mother.
Speaker 3: Really and the coronation. Interesting time six years ago. I don't know how the timeline works out there, but okay, all right, so we're going to listen to some of the moments that the world broke the news.
Speaker 2: Correct that's coming up a bit later on.
Speaker 3: Also, if it's your first time listening, welcome to Is it just me? Every week meet and I bring an I GEM and I I JM because I'm still getting itg em same. The fuck? Is an it germ like a new fucking pandemic.
Speaker 2: I've got an acronym.
Speaker 4: Yeah, acronym acron Yeah, acronym yeah.
Speaker 8: Is it's just me?
Speaker 3: Something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. And mine is I was watching a movie, Mitch, and it's something that I noticed. And you know what, I'll say it it's something that I hate. It's a jewel.
Speaker 2: I don't know what mine is. Oh, I think it's noticed, it falls under notice, but I do hate it as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I'll go first because mine is really short and sweet. And that's a pun. Once I say it, you'll understand.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's not keep us waiting.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Is it just.
Speaker 3: Should Willie Wong could really be fat.
Speaker 7: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: The man runs a chocolate factory, for God's.
Speaker 4: Sake, and he'd have to try the stuff is selling a lot.
Speaker 3: Of sampling, and think about it. You don't go into business into something that you don't like. The man likes candy quite clearly, so he'd be tasting it all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but over the years running a chocolate factory, he would have developed quite the will power. Potentially he can say no to the temptation. Potentially, maybe he was diabetic and he slimmed right down. But I know if I was running a chocolate factory, I'd be fucking monstrous.
Speaker 3: I would be sure I'm monstrous, and I don't own a chocolate factory.
Speaker 2: You're currently clutching amandain or you were throwing it up and down. And I was like, does he really want me to point out that he's eating fruit? Like he want everyone to know. He's like, look good, I've got me to look good. I've got he would make me so obvious.
Speaker 3: You know, people vegetables when it gets caught in their teeth. Sometimes I just put vegetables in my seat. I eat vegetable. Yea vegebles all the time. No, but he should be fat, like what Hollywood producer, when you know what, let's just make him slender with a slick bob as wide as can be, tall, skinny. It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 7: He's super skinny, super.
Speaker 3: Skinny and making a remake. I was looking into this because I was watching the original with Gene Wilder.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, you said the slick Bob. You're talking about the Johnny dep point, aren't you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we've had we're gonna have three.
Speaker 2: And have you seen the original? That's what I was watching, which really want could you prefer?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 7: The original?
Speaker 2: I would say so too. I found Johnny Depths one really weird.
Speaker 3: It was creepy and the cgi on his face, why did he look like a porcelain dar Oh my god, that's my point. He really should be fat and be he should have terrible teeth. That's yes, the tea doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Remember in the original Ka I've got a quan.
Speaker 3: And I will say, for a short period of time, you could get Wonka bars in coles and woolies.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was exactly like the movie.
Speaker 3: It was exactly you want to You'd go to a factory and you'd be with you know, flirtatious.
Speaker 2: Bloop, flirtatious bloop. Who are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Violet Barbergard, Violet barber Guard? And then who else was there? There was that.
Speaker 10: British assault and Mike TV. Who's Mike TV, the one who was in the TV with all the.
Speaker 2: Rat Yeah, he was obsessed with video games and shit, oh you're so right, Oh he was.
Speaker 3: He was a spoiler, little brat with me, little brat.
Speaker 2: I didn't like the way that the Olympics treated Mike TV, being like, why don't you try reading a book? And I was like, there is an eighty HD kid like I fucking hate reading. There's something wrong with that. Yeah, I mean, technology is emerging idiots.
Speaker 3: And I also just addressed the fact that Augustus seemingly just died in a chocolate river.
Speaker 2: No, there was no like welfare check afterwards. It's just like, ah, well, off you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he passed away and then didn't his dad? Did his dad follow on the tour of them?
Speaker 2: Now his mum they took her away. I found it a bit unnerving how fucking runny the chocolate river was, Like, you shouldn't have to swim in tea. It just looked like sewage water. You shouldn't be able to swim in chocolate like that.
Speaker 3: Have you ever had liquid chocolate? It's probably the sign of a true fatty.
Speaker 2: Have you no hot chocolate?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: At buffets? I love a buffe. I'm going to my birthday with marshmallows. Yeah, they have like fancy buffets. They've got multiple buffets I've been to. They have a fountain of chocolate.
Speaker 2: Oh the chocolate fountain.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Still, you couldn't swim in it.
Speaker 3: That's my point. You put a glass under it and then it's liquid and by the time you drink it, it almost sets in your throat. Yeah, it cools down.
Speaker 2: It's like that melting magic shit ice magic.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I just think if guys remaking the movie, They've cast Timothy Challow may the skinniest white no you've ever.
Speaker 2: Seen, and he already looks like a porcelain dole. Yeah, even without the CGI.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: God, I do love me a bit of Timothy Chalmet. Don't worry about that. Oh my god, gorgeous. I feel like, however young, Yeah, I will.
Speaker 3: Play Willy for someone to own a chocolate factory.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I thought maybe it was like a prequel, like a Wonka origin story, or is he just straight out Willy Wonka Google as an England he looked twelve char.
Speaker 3: Wonka New Willy You Willy Goodness may not On the work computer. It's called Wonka in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so is it a prequel?
Speaker 3: The story will focus on a young Willie.
Speaker 2: There we go. That makes sense, doesn't it? And tell May playing Willy Wonka before he became an old creep inviting kids into his fucking factory.
Speaker 3: Well says how he met the umpa Lumpas on one of his earliest adventures, oh at a gay sauna in Billy. I added that last night, do.
Speaker 2: You know what I can hand on heart say that I've never ever fucking wondered how they met. I don't really care.
Speaker 3: Imagine a group of Hollywood directors going no, what people want to know is how Willy met the Umpas.
Speaker 2: Oh god, they're just doing remakes of everything. They're like, oh, they knew WILLI Wonka. Did you see the other day that they announce some new Lion King film. It's it's called Mafussa coming in twenty twenty four. I felt very on the pulse because I saw that tweet from Disney two minutes after they tweeted it.
Speaker 3: I'll saw you were the first time.
Speaker 2: I'm never on Twitter, but the time I was on there, I was like, oh my god, breaking news. But what the fuck's me Fussa?
Speaker 3: Also, can I be honest, the only time we really liked Murfussa was when he was in the clouds, so I wanted to be den the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, well I've got this croaky throat.
Speaker 1: I can do that simber.
Speaker 3: You deliberately distill beat me and what's worse, you.
Speaker 2: Put an alone danger. That's good, that's wow amazing.
Speaker 3: What can I do? The Hyaena? Jenna? You have to do Raffiki?
Speaker 2: I don't know Raffiki does the yah yah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Give up?
Speaker 3: Jennein really nailed it anyway, Jenna, truly, it's fine. All about Wanka. It's coming next year, so I true can't wait to see that film.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Should we getting deminds that this man blad you're in the mood for singing, Jenna because the mind's musical related, let's do it?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: Are there not enough happy songs that you can belt?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Because you know me? I love a belter.
Speaker 3: I know you've introduced me to a couple of belters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, of course it's my area of expertise. It's like, my favorite songs are always the emotional ballads that you can just absolutely passionately scream at karaoke. I'm talking like total eclips of the Heart, Winner Takes It, all those sorts of things, but they're all quite depressing by nature. They're all about like death, grieving, heartbreak. And it occurred to me only the other day. I was like, gee, it really can't be good for one psyche to constantly be consuming that shit. Yes, and I thought, okay, are there any uplifting, happy themed songs that are belters? And no, if you google oh the best happy songs, it's fucking for Well Williams because that. And I'm like, I can't stand that shit. I want a happy song, like a good uplifting meaning behind it, but it's like a belter so far, I'm trying to make a playlist and I can only think of one song. So I'm going to need your help.
Speaker 3: What's your song?
Speaker 2: First of all, I've got it over there for you on your AM I wrong, yeah, yeah, yeah, seven. I'd be singing along if it weren't for my crook throat. But this song slaps, so this is this is the rubric. Yes, okay, uplifting songs that you can belt. I can't think of any others. I'm going to put the playlist in our Facebook group in during Idiots so that anyone else can contribute. The playlist is called yeah, and I've got another playlist called NAT, which is when I'm like, that's the sad songs, but this one's yeah that works.
Speaker 3: I've got one me that you actually introduced me to. Yeah, it's very uplifting it Shania Twain. Yes, God, you remember Mitt. We went on a road trip years ago and this is when I was first introduced to Shanaia Twain. Today is your day.
Speaker 2: This one is very uplifting. Your right.
Speaker 9: It takes you.
Speaker 3: It starts off. You've got what it takes. You can win big.
Speaker 7: What it takes you can.
Speaker 3: Today's your day to begin.
Speaker 8: Don't give up here.
Speaker 3: I'm so uplifted. It takes a lot to uplift me.
Speaker 2: You need a fucking crane. It just gotta make up your mind.
Speaker 7: Today is your day.
Speaker 4: Come on, hell, nothing can stilled in your wind. Today is you know that's.
Speaker 2: Going in the game.
Speaker 3: Whenever I need to be uplifted or I've got a big thing on that I'm not feeling confident for, I play this song.
Speaker 2: Yes, I forgot this exists that. I'm so glad you reminded me, Jenna, what you have?
Speaker 4: What about Unwritten by Natasha bedding Field.
Speaker 3: Oh is that a happy song?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is it? Yep?
Speaker 4: It's the future is Unwritten?
Speaker 3: So oh yeah, yeah that's good.
Speaker 2: Not bad, Jenna, not bad.
Speaker 3: Do you have any other editions? Man, surely you're sitting on a few.
Speaker 2: Let me see what's already in the Yeah playlist? Hang on? Oh yeah, this is fabulous Happy Together by the Turtles, which is quite simply dreadful band name. But you know this song.
Speaker 3: It's by nineteen sixty seven.
Speaker 2: You know it.
Speaker 5: Imagine meah, imagine me.
Speaker 9: I do.
Speaker 8: I think about your day and night.
Speaker 2: But it's also a bit about it's not about general happiness, it's about simping for someone. So I don't know if it counts.
Speaker 8: That's happy? I was good?
Speaker 2: Can that saying that? Yeah playlist?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll add it in. Yeah, I've got one.
Speaker 2: I've got another one, oh do you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, if anyone's going to add anything to this playlist in our Facebook group, make it something I'm likely to know. I don't want your triple j shit.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I'm adding setting for the great. I had a great set at Falls Festival.
Speaker 2: Fuck, am I going to know this one? Now?
Speaker 3: This is gorgeous. This is one of my favorite songs. And I'm not even joke. It goes for seven minutes forty two. Do you want the whole thing?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: It's the epilogue from La La Land. Oh no, even that happy Please listen.
Speaker 2: It's a bit evanescent.
Speaker 3: No, it lulls you into Wow. I'm really depressed.
Speaker 2: I don't need to be loved.
Speaker 3: Wait for the draft. It's truly sensational.
Speaker 2: Can you do that thing that I love on YouTube where you scroll across the little timeline and see where the biggest humpy. It's like where people watch the video mak.
Speaker 3: No, No, I know where the humpy is. Just you were it's coming.
Speaker 2: Go to the hump.
Speaker 3: Now you need to let it be Mitchell.
Speaker 2: I'm desperate for a hump. There's no lyrics.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's no lyrics in the whole thing. What's not lyrics?
Speaker 2: Joking? Yes again? No, belter, how can I seeing this at karaoke?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 3: I think I miss the memo. Nah, I thought I now that all right? Is it just me?
Speaker 1: You got something on your mind?
Speaker 11: Hit up at a couple of mitches on Instagram to get yourself on the show.
Speaker 3: All right, get in touch with us. Harry has done it. This week he'll be featured on the show. What a legend Harry is. He'll be winning himself a prize. He needs to DM prize keeper Jenna.
Speaker 2: Yes, I hope you're listening, Harry, because if you hear yourself on the show, whether it be as a caller, in which case you know you're on, or if you hear your voice message being played, you got to hit up prize keeper Jenner and she'll send you a little prize.
Speaker 3: And your win big. And this is your chance because you hear us do something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate, And it really is your chance to have your say something you've noticed, something you hate or something you appreciate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the prize could be anything. I've got a couple of spaking young days downstairs. I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Ye, Well that's actually we could reveal. That's where Jenna's been. We said it a high ondie to really nail the deal. And you've got Tomionic fives.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do good on.
Speaker 4: A total of fifteen downstairs. But I can get more.
Speaker 2: She had a meeting to get these cards, but she chickened out, so she just burgled the joint out of hours.
Speaker 3: Is that what happened, Jenna?
Speaker 7: Yeah, well Alice, I got you had.
Speaker 3: The whip right, and then you went to the whip and then they had the working progress.
Speaker 7: Yeh, and I had a literal whip.
Speaker 2: A medieval whip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all rights to Harry. This is not Harry said this in Is it just you?
Speaker 12: Is it just me? Or do you find it so random when turists take photos with the most random ass shit, Like for example, I went to the nine eleven Memorial in New York the other day and there was people taking photos with like basically the buildings up in flames, smoke coming out of them. There was like a picture of that on the wall and a family like put their kids in front of it took a picture. Like what why are you taking photos in front of two buildings that are burning and up in smoke in like a terrorist attack. I just don't understand what they're doing with that picture. Where is that picture going? If you post it on Instagram? Like what people gotta comment on that, Like they gotta like it just just random?
Speaker 1: Stuff like that.
Speaker 12: Like, I feel like people just need to check what they're taking photos of before they go ahead and do it.
Speaker 1: It just is a build.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's weird because if I've been somewhere and I leave, I often beat myself up, going, oh, I forgot to take photos I proof I was ever there. Yeah, But and yet my camera roll is still always chokers. So yeah, I wouldn't take photos of random shit. I wouldn't take pictures of a landscapes either. I used to love doing that, but I never do now, you know what.
Speaker 3: That's why I love TikTok so much because I saw a video of this sounds very green. But Oschwitz concentration camp. No, I've been there. Do we go there on Kentucky?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And I took a few photos laughing at me.
Speaker 2: You went there on a Kentucky I didn't know. I was asleep on the bus and I woke up and I was like, what the fuck? This wasn't on the itiner area.
Speaker 4: I was the same.
Speaker 2: Do you know that annoying bitch that was on our tour that was getting photos in the concentration camp like of her?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: I was disgusted at that, like disgusted She.
Speaker 2: Got a photo of her at the exit of the concentration camp and then uploaded it on Instagram captained it, I'm lucky enough to be the ones that said they walked out of here and the life my heart goes out to everyone. I was like, oh my god, that is so timed out.
Speaker 10: It was Disgusted's so bad.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I mean. I see tiktoks of people walking through with somber music and I go, that's how you do it. You don't stand in front of the Berlin Wall.
Speaker 2: But I think Harry means people just taking photos with them, not in it, just of random shit. I remember once we were on holidays, my family and I. We were down on the coast somewhere and mum and dad went into the cibermarket to get a few things. My sister and I waited in the car and there was the tourist bitch going around just taking pictures of everyone's number plates. Why fascinated because you know how there's a little slogan underneath a lot of them all different. She was going around going oh new southwest of the first stead like she was just fascinated by all of them, And I'm like, what are you gonna do with these pictures? Because this is back in the day when she would have had to have gone to the chemist to get the photo developed. I'm like, what are you gonna do with these photos? Imagine being the poor fucks in her family being like, oh god, going through a photo album looking at all these number plates.
Speaker 3: Now, but you know what's funny. Normally, when you've got someone like that the family, you start looking out like you'd look out for number plates. You go, oh, damn, my fam one at the pop state, you know. Yeah, I tend to agree with that. I like take photos everywhere. In one of those I like, oh my god, I've got such a bad memory. So I genuinely take photos of everything and anything. So I go back to try to find an actual photo on a trip, and I can't because it's filled with photos of everything. I ate signs and I found funny the sunset. It's stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I used to love taking landscapes and shit, do you know another wonderful thing about me? Though? What are you laughing at?
Speaker 3: Just the way that you said that. Let me add it to the list.
Speaker 2: I always about as short as the list of vegetables you've eaten in your lifetime.
Speaker 6: Head.
Speaker 2: No, I make a point of whenever I'm hanging out with friends and I see a nice moment, I'm like, guys, smile. I'm always taking nice photos of people. I'm always the photographer, never the model. There's never any cute photos of me. Every time I leave something, and.
Speaker 3: You'll stop, sit up a bit. You look great right now, just because you know you never want to be hunched.
Speaker 2: Smile portrait mode please, Okay, already I'll be talking to Jenna ready laughing.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: You actually do look good. He got the miss congeniality hair. I'm serious.
Speaker 2: Oh that hair really makes me look like a bitch, doesn't that?
Speaker 3: Do you look like funk?
Speaker 2: I look like a fucking prefect in the library, you look like that.
Speaker 3: I'm going to post this on Injuring Idiots our secret Facebook page, Jenny, you look lovely.
Speaker 2: All those photos will be in the Facebook group a long with the playlist. Yes, so yes, it's the place to be in during Idiots. If you're not already there, and.
Speaker 3: If you want to get in touch and be featured on the show, hit us up. A couple of mitches on Instagram. We'll have you on next week Winna Prize.
Speaker 2: Now, Jenna, I'm glad you're here because I was telling a story a couple of weeks ago on the podcast and Mitch just did not give one fuck about it. He literally said to me, I've got nothing to say to that. He could not relate, and I realized the reason he couldn't is because, unlike us, he's never been to a therapist. Oh and someone who heard that and did feel my pain is Rose and she's on the show.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 2: Rose, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Hi, Wait, are you going to pitch me a therapist?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, because she had the exact situation that I was talking about. Happened to hers. I was talking about whenever I arrive at therapy, Patrick comes out to the waiting room to get me and he's like, Mitchell, how are you? And I was like, Fuck, that is a very loaded question to ask someone in front of other people when I'm literally here for therapy. I'm clearly not well. And this happened to you, didn't it, Rose?
Speaker 5: It did not that long ago. Actually, I was feeling particularly sensitive this day.
Speaker 2: O God, So what actually happened when she came and found you and said, oh, hi, Rhodes, how are you.
Speaker 5: I burst into tears, but then she still were not a great day.
Speaker 2: Then, it's so awkward having to make small talk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like a doctor going, oh, Mitchell, and how are you feeling today? Come on in, That's why I'm here.
Speaker 10: It's so funny because I thought I thought it was just my therapist who did that.
Speaker 4: Sums out and says, Jenna, so how are you?
Speaker 3: Tomorry guys, But what do you want them to say? How are you? Is it common and welcome for me?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I'd like to figure out. If they're therapists listening. What the fuck can you say in small talk? Is? I don't like the question how are you? In general, because I don't think anyone actually cares about your answer. No, what other small talk phrases are there? Though, when just goes, oh, how are you?
Speaker 5: But my psychiatrist, on the other hand, it's very good. She'll just compliment something that I'm wearing and then say.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on through, Oh my god, that's Jesus.
Speaker 4: And then the.
Speaker 5: Speaking happens as I'm walking to.
Speaker 3: The room, and then I break down. But I've got a good theory. Tell me if this tactic works, And it's similar to what Rose does, because I interview a lot of people for my radio show, and saying hey, how are you is a waste of thirty seconds because you know you only get five minutes with these celebrities, So I always jump in with a compliment. So I go, oh my god, Marley Cyru's so going to see you look gorgeous?
Speaker 2: And I feel like at a therapist's office, like Groth said, they probably need a bit of a pick me up. Oh you look lovely today?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What else is there that you could say instead of how are you?
Speaker 5: You could say anything anything? But then so the receptionist was there right and obviously witnessed the whole ordeal. And now whenever I go in there, she doesn't want to ask how I am.
Speaker 2: She's like, don't pake this bear? Fuck me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what if you just say what they're a bit of a joke about. What if I go, Jenna, get in here. You see a head? You see it? Any your fun brain?
Speaker 2: Come on, any you look like you need to be you today.
Speaker 3: Come on, Jenna, Oh shit, glad you're back. Get any you bitch?
Speaker 8: Is it just me?
Speaker 1: The rude shocks of young adults food.
Speaker 3: All right, before we move on with the show, we have a talkback things coming up, which I will say I'm excited about because we haven't done one in months.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, it has been a while.
Speaker 3: It's been a long time. So that's on the way.
Speaker 2: And that was voted in our Facebook green Bity poll. Apparently that's everyone's favorite segment. But this one's not so funny. It's a bit green. It's about the Queen's death, so it might not be that laughable, but yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 3: You know it is laughable. I haven't told you that I was going to do this, but the fact that Jenna, our beloved Jenna has in fact met your new boy, yeah.
Speaker 7: Or I have it's true.
Speaker 2: It was an accident to be fair.
Speaker 3: Well, you're meeting the boy or Jenna meeting the boy?
Speaker 2: Well both?
Speaker 3: Well, hold on, no, you don't speak Jenna. What was he like? Tell me everything, because Mitchell Spinnett tell me what.
Speaker 2: No, just don't say we're not there yet.
Speaker 4: No, he's lovely. He's so nice and I'm not just saying that. And handsome too, yes, very he's genuinely such a nice guy.
Speaker 3: What was your first impression, just so lovely.
Speaker 2: He was a bit gushy about meeting Jenna. He was like, oh my god, is that the Jenna? Oh my god, Jenna.
Speaker 4: And in my mind I was like, oh my gosh, is this the guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And I was with him the other day and he was equally tough when he saw a notification come through Jenna Benson College of my Instagram.
Speaker 4: He's so lovely.
Speaker 3: Your mum also met him. Your mum's a great judge of character because she lives in that mansion, so she didn't deal with people all day for contractors. Did she like him?
Speaker 4: She loved him. She kept going on and on about him all night.
Speaker 2: So it's not that I chose to introduce Janna to him first. It says that we're both at six the musical. Yeah, And so I think you're hiding him from here? No, No, why are you jealous?
Speaker 4: So nice?
Speaker 7: He's such a nice guy.
Speaker 3: Not jealous at all. Just think you know, you introduce him to your business partner and you know, work wife. Technically he has met all right, hey twice? Oh really, now you're jealous? Haw's he actually? Yeah's that true?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Are you afraid that all this is how else I'll talk to him. Last week we spoke about me when I first met me. Hello, how are.
Speaker 2: You good to finally meet Oh my god, No, I'm not afraid to introduce him to you. It just hasn't happened naturally, because like it was a miraclely met Jenna. She never goes out, she never goes to social events. So point actually, so there's no context in which it's been able to meet you because you don't do things.
Speaker 3: God, I think him meeting me will be the final, and I know for you meeting me, he's really important. It's meeting me and then the family shortly thereafter will Should we go for a dinner? Should I be nice to him? Do you want me to play the bitch card? No? I don't want you to do what your intentions with my michell it your intentions. I can play nice, I can play hard, don't play anything.
Speaker 2: Let it let it be, Let it happen.
Speaker 3: So great to meet you, Rected.
Speaker 2: You know what we should do. We should be using our censor beef right now? Oh yeah, okay, instead of a bee? What's ours again?
Speaker 3: It's this the party popper.
Speaker 2: That's how we beat things out now for one.
Speaker 3: Can't wait to meet.
Speaker 7: He's a lovely person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna make it really long, so it just to elongate the buzz We didn't quote for a long buzzerer either.
Speaker 2: Fuck are we ready for talk back to? Well? As we know, Queen Elizabeth passed away last week. That's very big news. It was all over TV. They really didn't have much to say. They just kept repeating everything.
Speaker 3: Remember it was live action of the coffin driving through every suburb.
Speaker 2: Did you find that a bit off? The helicopters following the coffin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's now driving through lencast Year, where she last visited in nineteen seventy one for the sheep shirt. God would she want this? I throw meme on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Someone replied, come to Brazil, that's the queen.
Speaker 3: That's horrible. Do you know that that coffin is lined with lead because so people don't smell her her. She was consulted upon. They said, you've had the most experienced with corpses out of anyone.
Speaker 7: On earth, and I've been in a coffin myself.
Speaker 3: True, Jenny, what would the queen be experiencing right now? As someone who's lived.
Speaker 4: It, it's quite comfortable.
Speaker 2: That's a weird No, it is very don't have to actually picture in the coffin, do we I have been? I have no.
Speaker 3: Let's for a second, it wasn't a tragedy that she passed away. We're celebrating her life. God Rest the Queen.
Speaker 2: Yes. So what we wanted to do was compare how different radio stations broke the news. We did this name when Prince Philip passed away. Yes, and first out you might have seen there was this viral TikTok floating around showing how BBC Radio One Dance covered us.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: I saw that they were basically implying that they briefly interrupted and then went straight back into the duff Doff music straight away. So this is the TikTok.
Speaker 1: BBC News. We're interrupting our schedules for the following announcement. Buckingham Palace has announced the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: I no, okay, so I can't confirm. Wait that's bullshit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, good, because that is not.
Speaker 2: That TikTok flew up and the same thing happened when Prince Philip died. Someone edited it to make it sound really abrupt. And insensitive that didn't actually happen. What most stations did was just similar cast the BBC. A lot of Satans in Australia did that. They just BBC was just the go to I actually heard. Is it a rule that or protocol or something that BBC has to be the one that breaks it first and then all the other media pick it up from there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think because it's owned by the government.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yes, all eyes and are on BBC because they were the one to break the news first, and so two gb that's what they did. They were in the middle of some interview to GBBING, you know, the big talk backstation in Sydney. They were in the middle of some interview and they just had to cut away to BBC. This is how it played out.
Speaker 1: And served in Britain for quite a long period of the war. He didn't come back and he served on the Australia in the Pacific.
Speaker 3: We interrupt this interview with Jim Hayes for some very important news.
Speaker 1: We're not going to cross to the baby C. We understand news is broken on the health of the Queen.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Jim, this is BBC News from London, Buckingham Palace, has announced the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth. In a statement, the Palace said the Queen died peacefully at Balmorrel this afternoon. The King and the Queen Consort will remain at bal Moral this evening and will return to London tomorrow. BBC Television is broadcasting this special program reporting the death of Her Majesty the Queen.
Speaker 2: And then in comes the song the national anthem.
Speaker 3: Name which is now changed to God Save the King.
Speaker 2: So they've yeah, they just let BBC do all the talking. They're just like, yeah, he can break the news over on three AW, which is the big talk back station in Melbourne. Yes, they it was a little bit less smooth sailing for them because they had the guy that does their overnight shift, Tony Mclair. He was on air and he was just absolutely winging it. He was just reading out emails and then spotted up on his TV screen that she had died. But that's all he had to go off, just the three words that was written on TV. You gotta be careful, but yes, this is what happened on three AW in Melbourne.
Speaker 13: Hi Tony, all the listeners on three W you have a nice weekend. That's from Nathan. Now the sky News is reporting that the Queen has died. Jesus says, up on the screen, the queen dies. So that is the moment, her majesty, the Queen has died. It has been it has been released. So sky News has gone to a shot of a smiling queen and they are just those simple three words, the Queen dies. So clearly it has been released, it has been confirmed.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 13: I'm just going by what sky News has got here. There are no images. I imagine this is covered by protocol as well, so there will be music played and we now, I guess, have to await the statement from the Prime Minister.
Speaker 3: Fuck.
Speaker 10: So yeah, he was really flailing, but also there's no photos what of her dying?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, there's a smiling queen. Literally, that's all he had to go off. I don't know how many producers were on staff at three thirty am that morning, but he was just looking at the TV screen going, fuck, this is all the information I have, and I reckon that was the point that we heard earlier. They were just playing the national anthem and he's like, God, I've got nothing to go off. He did it as cut to the BBC like every other station that is rough.
Speaker 3: I do feel free, because that's hard when you're live live.
Speaker 2: Also, that guy Bloody Tony, he doesn't really have the most delicate way with words, does he. Yeah, it's just been released that the Queen has died.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's got to be. So it's dead, just dead. Just those dead words Queen carket it. That's the words on the screen, those three simple words Queen fell over.
Speaker 2: Read it and weepad Australia dead.
Speaker 3: I also don't think he should be trusting sky News for facts. Yeah I know, well sky News have reported they've called fact.
Speaker 2: Got imagine how much shit you could get into if you just repeated everything sky News.
Speaker 3: Reported breaking news. Scott Morrison is the king.
Speaker 2: So you know that guy that broke the news on BBC, Hugh Edwards. Apparently there were a few people online saying that because he did such a marvelous job in breaking the news that he should be knighted. Oh come on, and I was like, okay, let's just listen again and be the judge. It wasn't exactly like you did a bad job, but it's not like exceptionally just read the news. Maybe he's just emotional and shaken, but he sounded unprepared.
Speaker 3: Okay, here it is BBC First News.
Speaker 6: The BBC is interrupting its normal programs to bring you an important announcement.
Speaker 2: Is this night worthy? You tell me?
Speaker 6: This is BBC News from London. Buckingham Palace has announced the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth Second.
Speaker 3: Now he's doing a good job.
Speaker 6: In a statement, the Palace said the Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, night, the bastard, the King and the Queen consort.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this evening.
Speaker 3: Trust me, this audio will play in museums forever. Television, now give him the night.
Speaker 4: I'm against it.
Speaker 3: Given awards out for leirs, have they.
Speaker 7: For less than reading the news?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's because I feel like he in the UK is quite popular, so there'd be a lot of people over there that just feel like, oh, he's our Tracy Grimshure, we're loyal. Like if someone said let's make Tracy grimshare a night, is there a female equivalent dame a dame? If someone said let's make Tracy Grimshure a dame, I wouldn't even ask why, I'd just say fucking do it. So maybe that is really loyal over there, and they just like, yeah, make him a night.
Speaker 3: But I'm like, really, well did you hear because the code word and the sort of programming for when the Queen dies was code worded London Bridge has fallen. And if you were told that, then you go into the protocol there is because you know how she was an announced ill like I was still awake at eleven o'clock at nine than about four hours later she died. The theory is she died at that point she was already dead, but they had to wait for the family to arrive and none of the family got to see her apparently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we were told, well, it came out on BBC at three point thirty am that she'd died, but Dominic Perrete said he got a phone call at ten minutes or three, so she'd been She wasn't like she died and everyone instantly knew. There was a little bit of leeway there, Yeah, because the protocol is certain people need to be informed, thirtain people in fucking high office.
Speaker 3: Well, I've heard of TikTok. I've seen a TikTok where in the middle of BBC programming the news, they're talking about the weather, and you hear in the background in the earpiece of the journalist London Bridge has fallen.
Speaker 2: Really, really, I don't believe everything you say on TikTok. We just played that bloody doff BBC Beats radio or whatever it was.
Speaker 3: And it was at one o'clock. So the theory is she died well before.
Speaker 2: No, no, she definitely would have.
Speaker 3: Here we go, so this is it, news reporter whispers in the earpeace, London Bridge has fallen ready.
Speaker 6: She's also head of the Commonwealth. All of these areas are served by World A War of the forty.
Speaker 2: Two churches did I talk over it?
Speaker 9: Go?
Speaker 6: Yeah, are served by World A War of the forty two churches are served by World A War of the.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't even an earpiece. The dumb bitch literally walks out to me, goes, he.
Speaker 3: Miked up lady one o'clock and then after that he got in black, so they knew, oh it was after that. All the comments going that he got in black after.
Speaker 2: Oh, so really, Hugh should not be knighted because he was withholding information. He's there. I mean, like we don't yet know the condition of the queen. For like two hours almost before he finally broke the news. Now fuck his knighthood.
Speaker 3: Fuck it, he knew the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take off.
Speaker 3: You know what, I think mitch our coverage last week deserves a knighthood. Let's send that to BBC Royal Press and get.
Speaker 2: I think Hugh should get one before we do.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 2: It really does not affect my life one bit whether he gets knighted. And I said, bloody do it. I don't even know what being knighted me?
Speaker 3: All right? Hot take? Do we think we should all become a republic now before we end the show, before we go into you know, no, King, you don't think we should?
Speaker 2: No, Okay, I haven't really looked into it. I don't know the pros and cons of either.
Speaker 7: But we'd have to change currency, just all different.
Speaker 2: We'd have a prime minister. I don't know, we'd have a president instead of a prime minister. It just feels like the logistics involved just seem like I've got a headache and I don't even have to do anything.
Speaker 3: You no, My initial response is yeah, sure, why not? But I have looked into it, and apparently all former monarchies that became a republic have fallen.
Speaker 4: Yes, I read that.
Speaker 3: What you mean, none of them have worked. No country that was led by the monarchy then became a republic has worked. Greece, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't really what it's not working about Greece.
Speaker 3: Well, Greece's economies in the fucking stink horrific. But that was their royal family. They weren't under the monarchs. The British royal family.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like as Australia, we'd fuck it we'd fuck it up if we were on our own.
Speaker 3: Can I just say I will say this. I know they did some more awful things in their time, actually, and they have a lot to answer for the royals. However, I like having the drama of it all in the world, Like, come on, imagine the Royal family is so theatrical.
Speaker 2: I did love seeing people analyzing the body language when Harry and Meghan and Will and Kate were spotted together, yea being like, oh, Will and Kate don't do PDAs, and I'm like, when have they ever? They were saying that Harry and Meghan looked more in love because Will and Kate weren't all touchy feely, but like, do you remember Will and Kate's fucking first wedding kids. When they were out in that balcony right, Oh god, I've had more romantic kisses with my mother. I swear to god. It was the most unfucking There was not one spar between Will and Kate. There never has been.
Speaker 3: Well have you heard the rumors that he is a bit fruity.
Speaker 2: Likes being pegged? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, I mean that'll put a strain on in relationship, especially if she's not also fucking around me.
Speaker 2: Maybe Apparently the rumor was that she didn't want to do the pegging herself, but she's quite happy for him to be pegged outside the relationship and to have that need for filled elsewhere. And she because she just doesn't want to do that. She's too much of a lady to, you know, use a strap on and stab one up her husband.
Speaker 3: Have you heard women to end the show? Have you heard the controversial the leaked audio of Charles and Camilla's phone call? Of course, ah want to I want to be your tam paks. Yeah, yeah, inside.
Speaker 2: Harder and harder.
Speaker 3: I want to be with you A year for you.
Speaker 2: So there was no audio of the phone call leaked. It was just a transcript, yeah yeah, and in written, you know how things that often don't translate and writing, Yeah yeah, it's pretty fucking filthy when you read there over the phone sexting.
Speaker 3: Should general and I do a dramatic reenactment of it?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'd like to see you do a better job. Kyl and JACKIEO did this once and it was the funniest fucking thing than re enacting the Royal dirty phone call.
Speaker 3: Okay, Camilligate transcript, I love that. Yeah, all right, the Camilligate Jennet. Oh no, I just I went male female? Sorry, why don't you be Camilla and I the Charles.
Speaker 2: Na go on, Jenn, I'd like to hear this. You're trying to be filthy.
Speaker 3: Jenna's got the whimpers down, Pat.
Speaker 2: I don't think Camilla's wimpery. She's quite bought. Really look at us.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get some royal music for these, okay, Camilligate transcript pdf download. Can you just text me what you've got, Jenne, then we can go off the same one.
Speaker 10: Yep.
Speaker 2: It's not the direction I saw the show taking. I thought we were going to do a very tasteful reflection on how the Queen Seth was reported, But here we are re enacting the new King's fucking sexy phone calls. Imagine doing this on a landline. Il yuck.
Speaker 3: All right, I've got some royal music. I'll be Charles bringing ringing.
Speaker 2: No, this is hanging up. You've been talking for a while, okay, because you're a past child is off on busins.
Speaker 3: You know. That's the sort of thing one has to be aware of and sort of feel one's way along with it. If you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: You're awfully good feeling your way along.
Speaker 1: Stop.
Speaker 3: I want to feel my way along you, all over you and up and down you, an in and our particularly in an hour.
Speaker 4: Oh that's just what I need at the moment, is it? I know it would revive me. I can't bear a Sunday night without you. Oh it's like that program Start of the Week. I can't start the week without you.
Speaker 1: I'll fill up your tank.
Speaker 3: Yes you do, then you can cope.
Speaker 4: Then I'm all right.
Speaker 3: At about me? The trouble is I need you several times a Mitch.
Speaker 2: You just sound like Mitch Cherry with a British That's.
Speaker 3: What about me. The trouble is I need you several times a week, so.
Speaker 4: Do I I need you all the week, all at all.
Speaker 3: I'll just leave inside or trousers or something.
Speaker 2: It will be much easier. Water.
Speaker 9: Are you going to turn into a pair of niggas? You're going to come back as a pair.
Speaker 1: Of Oh God, my.
Speaker 7: L idiot, what a wonderful light.
Speaker 3: Do you might like to be chucked down the lavatory and go on and on forever, swirling around at the top, never going down until the next one comes through.
Speaker 9: Perhaps you should come back as a box, sort of box so you could just keep going, feating yourself. Oh, darling, I just want you now, do you.
Speaker 8: Desperately? Desperately?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: I thought of you so much at the araby?
Speaker 9: Did you simply mean we couldn't lead that together?
Speaker 3: Darling?
Speaker 7: I do love you, Love you, darling, knight, love you.
Speaker 1: I love you too. I don't want to say goodbye.
Speaker 4: Well done for doing that. You're a clever old thing and awfully good brain working. There isn't there, Oh, darling. I think you ought to give the brain a rest now, Night to night.
Speaker 3: Night, darling.
Speaker 8: God.
Speaker 7: I do love you and I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 7: Don't be silly. I've never achieved any of you know I haven't.
Speaker 3: The greatest achievement is love.
Speaker 7: To me, Darling, easier than falling off chair.
Speaker 3: You suffer all indignities and tortures.
Speaker 7: Oh, Darling, don't be so silly. I'd suffer anything for you.
Speaker 8: That's love.
Speaker 7: It's the strength of love. Night to night, night love you.
Speaker 3: Oh. I don't want to say goodbye.
Speaker 8: Neither do I.
Speaker 7: But you must get some sleep.
Speaker 1: Bye, Darling, love you, bye.
Speaker 7: Hope really talked to you in the morning.
Speaker 4: I do love you tonight, No, love you forever.
Speaker 7: No goodbye bye, my darling.
Speaker 4: No, no tonight, no bye bye, going you're going.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Pressed the but going to press the.
Speaker 8: God.
Speaker 4: I wish you were pressing mind.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I wish I was.
Speaker 4: And hard Darling.
Speaker 2: Night night.
Speaker 7: Love you. Press the tit you No.
Speaker 3: I'll read that out verbatim, Jenna, What does it say?
Speaker 7: Follows the kids are farted.
Speaker 3: Charles hangs up the phone and saying, I was disgusting.
Speaker 2: I love how they wrote all farts air like, well, we're not really sure cut the.
Speaker 3: World music was glorious. I'm so glad we did.
Speaker 2: That now, Jenna, as a woman is having your tit pressed something that he's actually enjoyed because it's like, oh, I want to press the tits. She's like, yeah, harder and harder. I'm like, is that achieving anything than you can? I just press your tips?
Speaker 3: All right, let's go. I'm getting on that note. Yeah, I'm that on that point. Let's get the fuck out of here. I'm thinking of listening to everyone. Please give us a five star review. If you love the show, write something too. Please write us a lovely kind message.
Speaker 2: By the way, apparently Diana heard about that because she was alive at the time and heard about this filthy phone call and she was disgusted.
Speaker 3: Wait was this while they were cheating? This is when she was cheating.
Speaker 2: Nine they were together for ages.
Speaker 3: I've never seen the Crown, but I think I might dabble. I think I might go.
Speaker 2: I just start from season four, the Diana years. You don't can watch the other ship, I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, thank you for listening. Guys, We love, love, love you. We'll be back in a week. And yeah, plenty of episodes there to catch up on.
Speaker 2: And our final episode of Drag Grace Debrief, our little bonus episodes of a Monday afternoon because Rupel's Drag Grace down Under season two is done and dusted, Darling for now, for now, but.
Speaker 3: Hope you you've enjoyed that. Guy's a little bonus episode. It's a week otherwise, we'll see next week. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: Cat to the Idiots, Bye bye?
Speaker 4: Is it just me a podcast by a couple of meches.
Speaker 11: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to add brief. This is our secret segment on the end. We pretend that wrapped the show and then just keep talking ship. There's nothing planning here. This is the bit where we're meant to go rogue. But I would possibly describe that part as rogue reading out the royal phone call, sexy phone call.
Speaker 3: It was really an add brief sort of thing. What are we doing now? You know you're living, It's part of history.
Speaker 2: You just go where the mind wand does I feel?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I agree, I agree.
Speaker 2: There's no one here saying wrap it up.
Speaker 3: Hey, the new iPhone update came out this week iOS sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bit confusing.
Speaker 3: You get your phone up, make sure you do not disturbs it on?
Speaker 2: Okay, hang on, isn't on? And jot it off too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no you doesn't. It can be on some I don't mind. Did you get the textage you see?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 2: Yeap?
Speaker 3: What did it say?
Speaker 2: Fuck you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Try to read it now?
Speaker 2: Ah, but it says Mitch Cheerry uncentered message.
Speaker 3: Still, you don't know that I was sending you fucks well I as I called it, Yes, but that was purely for demonstrative persons purposes. Can you can unsend messages? How good?
Speaker 7: In a timeframe?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You got fifteen minutes.
Speaker 7: Oh that's good.
Speaker 3: You can also edit, So if I sent you that message and said hi, I can edit it and go hi, fucker. And then you can then see the edit history if you click it.
Speaker 2: Ah. Oh yeah, it shows you the history, I say.
Speaker 3: The edit history. You can also add the battery percentage. See my battery in the top left. You can add the number now.
Speaker 2: Oh, I swear it always was.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I remember someone showing me that hack when I was in your fucking ten. Yeah, but they removed that I did that. I don't even know.
Speaker 3: It's been gone for a few years.
Speaker 2: I just edited the message that I sent you. What is it?
Speaker 7: What is it?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: The messages? Have you lost weight, which is yes. And the edit that the originally sent was you must have been thrilled that everyone wore black when the queen died a fat person's f Yep, yeah, I guide you edited that. I would never say that normally, you know, you wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: Well, what's the point of editing it if you can see the history? I don't understand what that achieves.
Speaker 3: I guess if the message isn't juicy, if it's like, Hi, what time for lunch? Like, am I going to check the edit notes? It's not going to be I hate you and your children. Surely they just said munch or something, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I will always check if I see that it's been edited, I'll check out of curiosity. But that really undes one of my favorite things. You know how, it's like MSN culture. I still do it, Yes, to hear the little stars, just to correct what you said.
Speaker 3: It's the death of the asterig.
Speaker 2: They're trying to murder the asterisk.
Speaker 3: Well, in America they've no more SIM cards in iPhones. SIM cards are gone. Really Australia, that.
Speaker 2: Just made me disassociate. I was like, how that is so confusing?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't have a SIM card. I've got an AIM.
Speaker 7: Hell, I'm confused.
Speaker 3: It's just you just scan a QR code when you get your phone at downloads the SIEM into your phone.
Speaker 2: But then what if you want to put your SYM in another phone?
Speaker 3: You just you just go to settings and you go to get your QR code back out and you're there.
Speaker 2: But then how do you scan a QR code when you're on your phone? Because then where do you put the QR code?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Well, this has always barked me whenever people put on an Instagram post like a QR code or something like oh tickets to my comedy show? Scan this code? And I'm like, but if I'm on my phone, I'd have to print off this fucking photo to be able to scan it, or have a second phone. Yeah, how would you do that?
Speaker 3: I don't know, go to the Telstra store. I'm not obtious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of which, you know what I thought we should do? Yeah, because I've got two phones. I kept my old one just so and it's been so handy just having a second camera. Yeah, and I thought about getting a SIM card from my old phone and making it the iGEM phone so people can like text in there. Is it just OK, that's quite fun, or like call leave a voicemail or something like that. We should buy a voice of the Gem hotline.
Speaker 3: That's really quite fun.
Speaker 2: Yes, but then I just obviously put it on silent at all times. I don't want idiots. That's I say that love our listeners to the idiots. I don't want idiots calling me at all hours.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, you'd probably have to turn it off and then only turn it around when you need to solicit for call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do it, yeah direct, I won't put it on the kiddie and what Yeah, I figured that people can I message their fucking they just use they don't have Instagram. You've got a good point there, No, I only have good points. Yeah, it was the last time I made a bad one. I've tried many times to put a foot wrong. It doesn't seem to be able to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good point, great point. Your voice is still going strong.
Speaker 2: It's back enough that I can use it, but it's only nine to percent.
Speaker 3: It sounds fine to me.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it's back for my Brisbane gigs, which is sold out. Think, oh yeah, tell us about the brib I haven't done them yet, so there's not much to say other than I'm doing them on the twenty third, twenty fourth or September and they're sold out, bitch, so too late if you haven't got a ticket.
Speaker 3: And no point promoting them because people won't be able to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, it's actually it's a very weird feeling selling out this far in advance, because I'm too much of an EmPATH. People the message mey being like, oh my god, I missed out, and I'm like, I'm sorry, honey, I wish I could do something.
Speaker 3: Can you do extra tickets at it?
Speaker 2: Or no, no, I can't. I've asked. They literally said, no, we don't have extras.
Speaker 3: Well, someone posted on and you're an idiot saying I've got a spare to a ticket, so maybe if you don't have fuck yeah, I know why.
Speaker 2: And they said we've lost interest in Middle's career quite frankly, but yeah.
Speaker 3: But they might still be there, so go to our secret Facebook group. Also if you're a.
Speaker 2: New listen, I don't know why you call it a secret Facebook group. By the way, we've never made it a secret.
Speaker 3: We never used to talk about it.
Speaker 4: No, I think initially you've.
Speaker 2: Got the secret segment. But the Facebook group it's not a secret, but you have to listen to add brief to get in because the entry question is what's the name of the secret segment? Oh yeah, and people right like, oh Jane's dunk.
Speaker 4: No, no, wrong, incorrect, I'm be stupid.
Speaker 2: You're not allowed in bitch unless you know ad debrief.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. I was at the Billie Eilish concert last night and I bought merch on the way out, and I went, oh, how big you two excel will fit me into it. Yeah, it'll fit you, Mitch, And I went, oh, oh, I listened to your podcast and radio show. That's because it was so bizarre because she called me by my name. I might do have a name tag on I'm close friends with Billie Eilish, but I don't have a name tag and and you and I love it. I listened to your radio show every night, not tonight though, because I'm here and I have the podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh god, love it. Do you remember her name? Or did you not? Ask?
Speaker 3: God? And I didn't pay either. Took it around.
Speaker 2: Well, hello lady, if you're listening to Hi lady, we love you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was very cute. Standard Yeah, it was sweet. Anyway, have you broken the news of anyone's death? Twenty one? Did you break the news of the Queen's death to people?
Speaker 4: I told my mom before she turned the radio on. Also for a Livin in John, Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, what about you.
Speaker 2: I don'tink I've ever had two. Nah.
Speaker 3: Now, I remember where I was when I was told that Steve Irwin died.
Speaker 2: I was in the school bus. Yeah, I was at school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was getting my bag from the bag room in Missus Mass's you two class and someone told me, we.
Speaker 2: Just have this grumpy bitch busdriver at Bergen out Public missus hit chick and she loved ABC News on the hour MM in the half hour, and it was always quite down. I'm trying to listen to the news, and she'd like crank it. And this time it was like she actually said to us, wait, wait, listen, listen, and yeah, we heard on ABC News you know this bloody bus driving out at it right in the middle of nowhere. Yep, the crocodile hunter see Erwin has pulsed away, and we're like, fuck, you're joking.
Speaker 4: Backtrack a bit. You said you were in year two pack trick in two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, yeah, you two? Maybe year four or three.
Speaker 7: That would make more sense.
Speaker 2: Because I was in two thousand and two, was when I started kindergarten. But you are a year older than me, so you would have been.
Speaker 3: I started in two thousand and one. Yeah, graduated school in twenty thirteen, and there's twelve years of schooling. So two thousand and one is kindergarten. So two thousand and two is you two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was in two thousand and six, Yes, you would have been older than old was been you were ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got one of that thinking out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm really glad Jenna that because I'm fibbing.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: It's a good point.
Speaker 3: It's a great point.
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 3: You know. Missus Massey was my school teacher, who knows what. Yeah, and her husband was the groundskeeper. So there was mister and Missus Massey and whenever there was like an assembly, they'd stand next to each other. And then they got divorced and there was like.
Speaker 2: Tension with muz Massy.
Speaker 3: Mister Massy and Massy. Yeah, do you remember your teachers? I had to get this. I had Missus Cortes's, then I had mister Knobs. Ah, Then I had brow up Missus Massey, then I had Missus Moon or I was scared of Missus Moon, And then have I said Cortess yet?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not really listening because I don't care. I can't remember your teachers I had, I had missed But you could say any name and I won't know if it's true or not. I'm not going to say, no, you didn't have her.
Speaker 3: They're always fun names, Jenna, who did you have?
Speaker 4: I had miss Beth.
Speaker 2: They's only fun if you throw in a quick tip bit about the person, not just saying their names is so boring. You made a read out a phone book.
Speaker 4: Miss Beth was American and she was a bit controversial because she was really young.
Speaker 3: Teacher.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a good tidbit.
Speaker 4: More t smith yep was pregnant.
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, she threw out of wedlock.
Speaker 4: She threw up in the bathroom question.
Speaker 2: That's fine. I hate this conversation.
Speaker 3: Keep going.
Speaker 7: You know, this is fantastic that it was missus Humphrey. She got cancer.
Speaker 3: Oh, Jenna, that's not a tidbit.
Speaker 7: All the rest.
Speaker 3: I mean, she'll give us some teachers and some tidbits because she gave us missus McFly on the bus and her tidbit.
Speaker 2: It wasn't missus McFly, it's missus hit chik.
Speaker 3: Chick, good name. All right, more, these are good tidbits.
Speaker 2: There was missus Noakes. I'd be truly surprised if she was still with us, because she was already on borrowed time when she taught me in kindergarten. I distinctly remember her fucking teaching us how to blow our nose correctly because she hated sniffles. She hated sniffles. Students were going to learn how to blow our news. She was so old and with it, and she'd be like, right now, block your left nostril and blow.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 2: She I use her advice to this day. Really, I love her every time.
Speaker 3: All right? Who else these are good?
Speaker 2: Who else did I have? There was missus Turner. She was a fat thing and she was hanging up paintings on the wall and thought she could stand on one of those tiny little fiberglass chairs they have in classrooms. Obviously, she snapped the bar set and fell through and broke her achilles tendons. So old Missus fat Turner was put on leave for two terms, and we got this new fresh out of Uni. Miss Bunting, I loved her.
Speaker 3: She was so much fun.
Speaker 2: And then when missus Turner was back to full help, that was devastated. I loved Miss Bunting. Yeah, that's sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember we had miss McDonald who would check all of our underdesks.
Speaker 2: Remember underdesks, yep.
Speaker 3: God, and she'd come in to check we didn't have food in them, and she'd take it, confiscate it and eat it. And she was a big girl too. And this is true. She had to go on psychiatric leave because been there. We were all waiting at roll call one morning and she didn't come to pick us up. So we all sat there, going, we can't find miss McDonald. So missus Dennis Burke, Mister Dennis Burke took us to the room and she was in the room eating. I remember it vivid, I can smell it. She was eating Donut King donuts, a twelve pack and sobbing, sobbing. He went, all right, kids, stay outside, and he went into talk miss McDonald off the ledge and yeah, she was, you know, eating her feelings.
Speaker 2: But also, Judy, okay, you can't just leave the kids unattended.
Speaker 3: No, of course not. But she was also the public speaking teacher. Not sure how that adds to the story.
Speaker 2: We had this hideous subteacher who I swear was like she was so old Missus Davis, and her breath constantly raked of Siggy's and I swear she must have had the early onsets, because sometimes she'd just wander off and start teaching a different class and we'd be there because she'd be a subteacher. She never really knew which class was her. She just walk in and goes, I got you, Like no, Missus Davis. She'd find us eventually. And you know, speaking of the undertrades, you know how some people would make letterboxes like you that have an envelope and sick it to their desk. I didn't, and people could like put little notes in your things.
Speaker 8: Nah.
Speaker 2: One time she went through someone's letterbox and found like a bullying one and she read it out to the class without sensing any of the words. She's like, now, who would write this. Michaylae has just handed me this, and someone put an a letter box it says fuck you bitch. Mak who wrote fuck you in Michayla's letterbox? Who would say fuck you bitch?
Speaker 3: March to Michayla. She should have it's not appropriate.
Speaker 2: We're like, oh my god, the hearing this is David and a siggy breath saying fuck you, bitch. March just made our day.
Speaker 3: I told you what happened to me during inter Relate, which was like Relate. Interrelate was an external company and they'd have people in different regions come to class. I think it was year four.
Speaker 4: Five, five, five and the six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was Relate, Yes, it was. They called it that instead of sex sit.
Speaker 7: It was in Relate I think come back to and interrelate.
Speaker 4: The company, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: The schools didn't have to have it in their rubric, so they out correct.
Speaker 2: Like the Life Education van. We don't want to tell you do drugs. We'll get a fucking giraffa to do it.
Speaker 3: Get someone with a hand up and felt dra to do it instead. Anyway, we had the Interrelate local lady come and come, no to come attend, well, she definitely came. Anyway, you had to come with you go with a parent, right, you couldn't go alone. So I went with my with my dad on the first night and the lady came up and Dad got really awkward, and I was like, oh, she gets up and she goes, you know, interrelate. You know in school, you've got lots of relationships, relationships she'll have when you're young until you get old. And you know, I can see Mark Jury here and I had some of these relationships with Mark Jury when I was an ol MC. She fucked my dad.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, but why was your dad at the sex ed class?
Speaker 3: You had to have a parent because it was I know, she had to sit next to your I'm and dad. Anyway, the next night Mum came because Mum wanted to stare up and down Judy because she knew about Judy and so mum, my, mum is so great, Michelle. When Judy said we need a volunteer, Mum's hands shot straw.
Speaker 4: I love her.
Speaker 3: So Mum got up there with Judy.
Speaker 2: Happy to help you. Mark's old slam pee.
Speaker 3: Literally truly, and yeah, it was just funny. Mum had to hold up vagina cards in front of Judy. It was very confusing for me. Now I understand it was a fuck situation.
Speaker 2: We didn't have anything like that. We just had normal sex set and one time we had a local cop come and address the assembly about cyber safety, specifically sending nudes. And she really made a point of saying, now, I think there's nothing wrong with a ponis. I think a pony's a beautiful thing. I'm quite fond of a ponois. But you shouldn't be taking far of your planis and sending it to other people. You never know where that far of your plonis is going to end up.
Speaker 3: Who was she?
Speaker 2: Just the local female cop and she's just going on about how much she loves cock. And we're all just like giggling because this lady in uniforms up there going, oh, I love a penis. I think ponis is beautiful.
Speaker 3: And this teacher's going here.
Speaker 2: That in Marris School, a Catholic. She's going, now, how good's ponois? Boys and girls? Don't take a photo of it?
Speaker 3: And I have I'm going to put them in letther boxes, in all your letter boxes. Did you have sex? Said Jenna.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we had interrelate and it traumatized me. So the lady came in and I've stayed ever since.
Speaker 2: She said not I'm contiquing.
Speaker 10: We're gonna watch this video, oh god, and it's a woman giving birth I remember.
Speaker 2: Them doing that, but I found it fascinating.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, the body can do that, and I'm a little bit jealous that I could never get pregnant. I was like, wow, that looks like not fun, but like you know, No, I just found it fascinating.
Speaker 3: It was magical.
Speaker 7: This woman giving birth was quite disgusting.
Speaker 4: Jenna, No, she was. She's pretty foul.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a rancid bitch giving birth.
Speaker 4: Jenna, No, she was, And like, actually thinking about it, I want to where that child is now.
Speaker 2: And knowing that everyone's seen you escape your mum's more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's quite harry. For I have a friend that we all know, not really a friend, an ex coworker who had a water birth, which is great. I love that and that's awesome. There's benefits to it. But put up photos of her in the bloody water with maybe in her arm.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's my A lot of childbirth photos of black and mite you can't see.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love sharing it, but it was very it was confronting and good for them. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: I just always found it, even in movies and stuff. I was like, wow, that is so cool that they can do that. And there was a period where because I found it so fascinating that I was like, I want to be what do you call it?
Speaker 3: The doctor?
Speaker 2: That no, the doctor? Like the is it obstitution?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: A pro album? Yeah. I was like I want that to be my job. And then I found out that I have to be good at science and maths and I was like fu fa, no way.
Speaker 3: All right, shall we go everyone, it's been a big episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this podcast made you for at least two percent better today.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: That's all we can ask.
Speaker 3: As we do, so we do so, so we do?
Speaker 2: There, we go. For God's sake. You know, Mitch nailed it when you went here. I did the last two weeks. How did you get it wrong? As we do.
Speaker 3: I haven't had my fruit for the day, so I'm going to go in and I'll be changed. So we did, We do?
Speaker 2: So we will? We will?
Speaker 1: God saved.
Speaker 3: Then, all right, everybody, we'll see you next week. Leave us a review. We love you, See you when I.
Speaker 2: Chat to you soon. Idiots catch you in the Facebook group.
Speaker 3: Is It just Me?
Speaker 11: A podcast by a couple of Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.