Speaker 1: It is Valentine's Day, and we do love love, and we love hearing all the love stories. But there's a bunch of people out there that don't want to hear that. There's a bunch of people out there that are not loved up that want to hear Valentine's Day Gone wrong thirteen yeah, thirty one, oh sixty five. If you have a story about a Valentine's Day present that was horrific or Valentine's Day gone wrong, let me know. Last year, for me, I was in a very new relationship with my partner Ben. We probably only like six weeks deep, and he lives over in Scotland, so we're long distance and it's new, right, honeymoon phase, obsessive phase, you know, like want to do the best impression. So Valentine's Day comes. Last year, it's the day before it's Valentine's Day Eve, and I'm driving to work in the car with my friend and we're talking to Ben on the phone and we're just having a fun conversation. I'm like, Ben, have you ever gotten like a bad Valentine's Day present? And He's like, not really, I don't really get a present, have you? And I said, Oh, not a bad one, I said, but there are those presents that just give you the ick. You know, those presents that you're like, why do they exist? Why do people send them? I don't get it. He's like, what do you mean? It's like Teddy Bears? Dumb? Why do people send adults teddy Bears? They're juvenile, they're for children. No adults put in a collection of Teddy Bears on their bed, right, Laura.
Speaker 2: I mean some people like Teddy Bears, but they're not for me. Okay, I feel like it's any The problem is it's any traditional Valentine's Day gift, like as in and I'm talking like the real stock standard stuff like the little weird Teddy Bears you get from service stations.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, I'm like Teddy Bears dumb. Uh. Flowers in a box dumb who sends a flow? And I don't thank flowers like roses that are put in a box to have protection. I'm talking about those little flowers that come in a box that's like five centimes high and the flowers just are stuck in.
Speaker 3: There that's full of water.
Speaker 2: Because you can't try out.
Speaker 1: It's very practical, not really cute flowers belong in a beautiful vase. So I just don't think those little, short, stubby flowers in a box, I don't ube them.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you're on a ranch in the car and.
Speaker 1: Then the topp I was and I was like, look, because I love flowers, I do love them, but I'm like roses. They still triggered me a little bit. I was on the Bachelor, I got dumped, you know, first person to not get picked ever, Yeah, the history of ever trigger. So I'm going on and on about this to the band. I'm like flowers in a box Teddy bears roses. He's quiet, he's quite quiet, and he's like, oh, okay, think nothing of it. Valentine's Day comes the next day and I get a delivery of literally flowers in a box of roses in the shape of a giant Teddy Bear. I meet a high everything I said to Ben and I felt I've never felt worse. And I called him and I said, oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: He's like, no, you don't, I know you hate it. And I said no, no, no, no, it's actually beautiful. I was like, I'm gonna put it in my lunge room. So I had it there. Okay, I mean I witnessed this first hand. It was hideous, But also I think it's a satire. N Yeah, look, it's you don't want to criticize because like, it's so nice to get something, but if you get something that you're like, oh, I'm probably gonna throw it on a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Well what do you do with it? I reckon this was satire. I think he knew and he was like, giant sized novelty teddy Bear.
Speaker 3: Flowers not in the country, so you can just dump it because he lives overseas.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, that's what I thought. So I had it up for a week because Laura came over.
Speaker 3: And she's like, what is that.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that is a monstrousity. It took out the whole middle of her dining table, like it was so over the top.
Speaker 3: But that's beautiful to grand gesture.
Speaker 2: It was a very.
Speaker 1: Grand It was beautiful gesture. Yes, and I loved the gesture. I don't want anyone to think I'm ungrateful. But after I left it, I left it for a week, then I threw it out. Then Ben calls me one day and he's like, show me how the flowers are going, and I said, oh, babe, I'm so sorry. I literally just threw them out today. They'll probably be in the ben days ago.
Speaker 3: He said they died.
Speaker 1: I said they died. I had to turn it out. And he's like, oh, but but they said that they were preserved and they last up to three months. That's why I got them for you, so you could have them long term.
Speaker 3: They were ever last day? Were there ever last chemically treated roses? I've said that, So I just.
Speaker 1: Burnt the whole thing, threw it out and he's like, he's like, you hated it?
Speaker 2: You hold on?
Speaker 3: People are calling Natalie. I'm thirteen one six five. Did this happen to you? Did you have a V Day go wrong? Oh?
Speaker 1: V Day went terribly wrong.
Speaker 3: My husband I said that I needed a new washing machine, so he gets one delivered on Valentine's.
Speaker 2: DAYE that's not kid, I love that, No, Sane.
Speaker 1: I guess you have to stay home because I'm getting the washing machine delivered.
Speaker 3: Getting something delivered with small washing machines.
Speaker 1: Oh so you even have to stay home? Nothing last ye.
Speaker 2: Nothing says love like that weekend weekend you go are you guys still married now.
Speaker 3: I love him. Happy V Day Australia, no matter what you're doing, maybe a single and actually I actually hate that. Like V Days sometimes can get you down, you know.
Speaker 1: That's why one of people's worst moments. It's like you're people at home that are like, stop being lovey dovey. You don't want to hear it if you're single.
Speaker 2: Yeah, won't there be people who were like, I'll take anything. Think about all the people who got nothing for Valentine's Day.
Speaker 1: They'll be people that hate me right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're like, you've got a massive thing of flowers in the shape of a teddy Bear. I would have taken a washing same