Speaker 1: Britain, Laura and come on.
Speaker 2: Oh hello, hello, hello everybody.
Speaker 3: Hi guys, are day.
Speaker 4: It's hump day. I'm feeling good.
Speaker 5: You know. Britt was just showing me this new David Attenbor documentary that he's released, and we were having a cry because he's so beautiful.
Speaker 3: The animals are so beautiful.
Speaker 4: He's so beautiful.
Speaker 6: Seven guys ninety seven and he's releasing in doco.
Speaker 7: Yes about it, Praise the Lord, Thank god he's still here.
Speaker 2: But he released a docco a couple of years back and said it was going to be the last one. He was like, I'm never doing another one, and I reckon, it's a marketing ploy.
Speaker 4: He's gonna be one hundred and seven, still releasing, going this is my last one, or it's not a marketing it is. He's ninety five. He thought he was going to cart it. He's ninety seven. Now he's like, where may as well throw?
Speaker 3: That's something all old people do every Christmas. Mind then says this is my last and then gives me a five dollar note on a box of choking.
Speaker 2: You don't get angry the year after when she's still there and you said it was going to be your last I just think ninety seven, mate, have a rest, retire sleep when you did.
Speaker 3: I think he's not harassing them. You know what. He's like one of those great tortoises that the Galapagos tortoises.
Speaker 4: To one hundred and fifty or something.
Speaker 3: You'll never die. I'm here for it. I'm here for it.
Speaker 5: Well, are we ready for a big Wednesday show?
Speaker 7: Ross Noble an amazing comedian. He's on today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's very funny. He's on Thank God You're Here, which is back on Channel Tan. It's back tonight. Hamish Blake the Goat. He is like the og Thank God You're here contestants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Ross Noble's very good at improv so I reckon he's going to give him bit of a run for his money.
Speaker 5: All right, let's test him out. Ros Nobles joining us next ahead of his TV debut tonight. It is the pick Up with Britt, Laura and Mitch right around Australia. Welcome high rushing to Chemist Warehouse. This Father's Day for big brand Fragrance is at the lowest price. This is Chemist Warehouse, Great savings every day. We were talking about this show when it was announced it he's back on Channel ten Thank God You're Here It is continuing tonight seven point thirty.
Speaker 3: Such a funny show, Big Ausye comedian feature love it.
Speaker 7: I was obsessed with it when it originally aired, and the fact that they brought it back is brilliant.
Speaker 5: It's so funny tonight joining the lineup that we've had him on the show before. Comedian actor the one and only Ross Noble is here. Hello, Ross, Welcome to the pick up.
Speaker 4: Hello, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Hey, how you feeling. I feel like we've had you on the show before. Ross.
Speaker 5: You are a hilarious comedian. You handle Heckler's really well when you're up on stage. So this improvised environment on Thank God You're Here, I feel like it's built for you.
Speaker 1: Oh Like I was exactly like I did the Shore back when it was like fifteen years ago and people have been seeing to me ever since. Field was just what's the most fun, Like, what's the like of all the TV shows, what's the one that you have the most for art? And now I've always Thank God here, so I jumped at the chance. So yeah, it's great. We get to play dress up and there's a load of people in the room that are living in a world and you just get to join in.
Speaker 2: I once read that you said that preparing you for your shows was like writing four wards down on a piece of paper.
Speaker 4: So I think that this is the environment that you thrive in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, weirdly, that's sort of rather than writing forwards on a piece of paper and then going, right, that's what the show is going to be tomorrow, Like you go on and then you like, when you come off, you go, I was a good idea, I was, that was the thing. I'll write those four things down and then out of those four things the next night you go on stage and think, oh, yeah, those things that came up with last night, one of which you'll remember what it was the other three or just random things that you have no recollection of saying. So that thing. But yeah, no, it's great. I think what people forget about that show as well, is you know, they focus on the They focused on the comics, on the guests that are coming on doing it ross.
Speaker 6: When are you think, in the worst moment you've experienced the stand up.
Speaker 1: Comedy is there was a woman sat down the front and she wasn't looking at me, and she had her head down. She's looking away, and I said to her, and she was quite an attractive woman, and I shouldn't have mentioned. I should have said, I said, why are you looking? When every time I talked to her she wouldn't look at me in the face. And I said, look, I said, what's going on? I said, you'd stop hiding your face. You're a very attractive woman. And a friend went and she as this woman looked up at me, a friend went, what about me? That really odd that a friend would say what about me? Trying to take the trying to steal the glory off her friend. But I realized why she did it was because the friend looked up and where I should have been like I should have like literally her eye was literally just skin going across there, and I just went, you're a very noway or gets worse. I said, why are you shying away? You're a very attractive woman. And a friend went, oh shit, I need to get this back on me. She goes, what about me? And I actually said to her, as this woman looked at me, I went, not a patch on her? Stop literally like the worst possible thing. But the trouble is it was such a perfect punchline that both of them started laughing. These two women laughed, but the rest of the audience, who thought that I'd said it on purpose, The rest of the audience are going you are the worst human being on the base of the planet, whilst these two girls were rolling around laughing because they knew I hadn't done it on purpose. Yeah, if you want, there's the answer.
Speaker 4: So what I'm taking from this is maybe you should scripture jokes.
Speaker 3: Yeah that is God.
Speaker 5: Well, you can get more of Ross tonight. It's going to be completely improvised, completely, there will.
Speaker 1: Be nothing absolutely horrible as potentially Yeah tonight, Hamish Blakes on as well. Hamish. Yeah, you know. So is it a competition or.
Speaker 3: I think there is a trophy Ross, Yeah, it is a competition. It's a competition.
Speaker 6: You need to go for gold.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks all right, seven thirty tonight, Channel ten. I thank god you' here is back with Ross Noble, Hamish Blake, thanks for coming on.
Speaker 3: Rass chat. Soon's mate. What a legend is funny?
Speaker 6: Imagine when you've just said that, oh, no.
Speaker 3: Brilliant, all right.
Speaker 5: Next on the show, we've all been in that situation where we've been sat next to a child on an aeroplane, or there's been a screaming baby on the flight.
Speaker 4: It's usually mind Laura more than ever.
Speaker 3: I was about to say very you, Laura. However, that could soon be a thing of the past.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you why next on the Pickup Hates the pick Up with Britt, Laura and Mitch here thanks to Chemist Warehouse. Why don't you do yourself a favor and heading today great savings every day.
Speaker 7: Hey guys, Hello, I have some amazing, amazing news, probably more so for you, Mitch.
Speaker 3: Laura is probably only.
Speaker 4: Need less impressed.
Speaker 7: There's a European airline that has started offering a flight route where you can pay a little bit more to pay for a child free zone. Oh okay, this is an airline.
Speaker 6: I haven't heard of it actually, so that's a worry.
Speaker 7: But it's called Corandon and they're starting off by just offering this one route from Amsterdam to the Caribbean to like this one particular island, which is a very particular route. I reckon it must be a real family destination obviously if this is the route they've decided.
Speaker 3: To put it on.
Speaker 7: But you can pay an extra seventy five dollars to get into an adult only.
Speaker 4: Zone of the airline. I think this is the best thing I've ever heard of.
Speaker 7: I would pay way more than seventy five dollars to know that I could get on a flight and be in a zone with no little kids.
Speaker 2: But I'm not against this. I mean, yes, I think it comes as a benefit to parents as well. And the reason why is because I cannot tell you the amount of times that I have trudged onto a plane with my two kids. I have a four year old and two year old, all our bags. One of them is having a little tantrum about something, and we've sat down next to a stranger, and their whole demeanor, their body language, their face, everything about them without them actually saying something is I can't believe I'm sitting.
Speaker 4: Next to these kids. And I get it, I don't want to sit next to other.
Speaker 2: People's kids, but I really, really, really hate it put them into an adults only section.
Speaker 4: I think this is a great idea. Every flight should do it, but you need to pay more.
Speaker 5: Adults section makes it sound like they're all making out of the front of the plane. Is there a velvet curtain that closes and then does a disco ball drop?
Speaker 7: From You know, when you book a resort and it's adults only, you think it's like just the problem is though.
Speaker 4: You're like, what's going on on the holidays for it?
Speaker 7: Heaps of resorts and hotels are adults only, and you always wonder, rumor has it there's swingers resorts.
Speaker 6: We're getting off track. Let me not back to the plane.
Speaker 4: It's because kids are jumping in pools and being annoying. That's swingers.
Speaker 6: Let's get back to the plane.
Speaker 7: Yes, I would pay extra, Yes I think you should pay extra, but it doesn't bother me. And I know what you're saying, Laura, like it's it must be so offensive and upsetting for you when you're the parent and you see someone walk on that looks at you like, damn it, I'm next to the kids.
Speaker 6: I would be shattered.
Speaker 7: If I jumped on a flight was a long distance flight and there were kids next to me, one hundred percent, I would never let that parent know, and I'd never show them or say anything. But this flight is ten hours. Ten hours is a long enough time for me to pay more to not be around screaming babies.
Speaker 4: I reckon your face would say it all.
Speaker 2: I remember the time that we got onto a long haul flight and the woman sitting next to us when Molly was only three months old, she could not have made it more obvious that she was so angry by the fact that she had to sit next to us and Molly wasn't even crying at the time, but her body language and the way she spoke, and then she was like, oh, I can't believe I have to sit here as though I can't hear her, and you did you give it back? I was too embarrassed, but also like I was a new mum with a newborn baby, and I just felt I was humiliated, really, and I was like, she's not even doing anything wrong yet, how's this woman going to react when she does have a period where she cries later on?
Speaker 5: See No, I'm actually with you on that point. I hate crying kids on a plane, but like they got to travel. You can't put them in a dog crate under the under the airplane with her bags. You know what I saw on TikTok It was this plane. It was in the US. This was on her dad's lap, wearing a light up onesie in the middle of a plane in the middle of night service. So it was pitch black. This baby had a neon led onesie on flashing like a real stroke warning. And if that was me, I'd open the exit door and I'd be out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is the point where where a flight attendant needs to come over and say control your kids, like most parents are not being terrible parents on a flight.
Speaker 3: All right, Pole of the room, would you pay the seventy five dollars for child free? I would?
Speaker 7: I reckon, I'd pay seven hundred dollars n a lot, but one hundred percent without doubt.
Speaker 4: I'll pay it and leave my kids at the back of the plane.
Speaker 3: No great parentinggl and here we come. All right.
Speaker 2: Next on the show, my husband has been doing something in his sleep. Now I want to tell you, Maddy j my beautiful husband, he's done something in his sleep and it is causing some true.
Speaker 4: Relationship problems between us.
Speaker 3: Oh god beit a real issue.
Speaker 5: That's next on the show. It he's the pickup Britt, Laura and Mitch. Here Hey, rush into chemist Warehouse this Father's Day. It'll sneak up on you and he's coming. Get big brand fragrances at the lowest prices. Chemist to Warehouse, great savings every day.
Speaker 2: I have a question I want to pose to everyone, What has your partner done in their sleep that has monumentally pissed you off?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm single, so thanks for that.
Speaker 6: I didn't have a partner for ten years.
Speaker 3: Disappeared, so I sleep every night. So actually there's nothing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, look I talked about it the other week.
Speaker 7: Was like I didn't literally want to answer.
Speaker 4: Sympathy Either that went on for way too long, or it's like, well for those of us in love with it, we're.
Speaker 2: Still talking about the break, come off, get off, all right.
Speaker 4: So the other week we were talking about Matt and he's terrible snoring.
Speaker 3: The beautiful husband he's been on the show heaps.
Speaker 4: This is what it sounds like.
Speaker 7: WHOA.
Speaker 4: Now, I thought couldn't get worse.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm already at times sleeping in the other bedroom right because he keeps me awaken and annoys me.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's unpack that.
Speaker 2: No, we love each other. Our relationship is solid, and we love each other. But the other night I was laying in bed next to Matt and then I heard something and I could hear this like then a little like like the TV was on, and what time was it. It's like three in the morning. Oh god, the TV is on downstairs. And I was like, oh my god, we've got ghosts, like there's somebody in there. I turned it off. I turned the TV off, and so I get up and I'm listening. I'm like, what is that? And I walked downstairs and there's Molly May, my beautiful little four year old, sitting there with an iPad on the couch watching YouTube kids.
Speaker 7: She got out of bed, went down the stairs, got the iPad, propped herself up on the lounge and watch YouTube.
Speaker 2: And had and she was a bug eye like she had been sitting there watching YouTube kids for probably forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, had you a forgotten just to put it a bed in general?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: No, no no.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, sweetie, what are you doing. It's the middle of the night. And she was like, mom, I'm watching YouTube kids. Like what do you reckon I'm doing? And I was like, no, no, no, we don't have iPads. So I'd go to take you the iPad off.
Speaker 4: Her screaming downstairs.
Speaker 2: Screaming, and I was like, honey, it is four in the morning. We are not having iPads. And she said Daddy said I could, and I was like, I'm sorry what. And she's like, Daddy said I could watch the iPad. And I was like, well, that didn't happen. Daddy would never say that.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 4: We go upstairs, she stops crying. I turn the iPad off.
Speaker 2: I pick her up in my arms and carry her upstairs and we go into the bedroom and I'm like, Matt, he's completely asleep.
Speaker 4: I make Matt.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, still asleep. I'm like, did you tell Molly that she could watch the iPad?
Speaker 4: He's like yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I was like, Marley just asked Daddy again. And she goes, Daddy, can I watch the iPad? And he goes, yeah, honey, I watch the iPad? Oh Man, completely asleep, man, So apparently this has happened. He sleep talks two nights in a row. I got it out of Marley that she'd gotten up the night before and had been watching the eyepap because Matt in the middle of the night is like, yeah, honey, it's all right, you can go date those boys at you go out the front door. He's just agreeing to whatever she is because he's asleep.
Speaker 3: She's had a bend of two nights in a row. Was she have an espresso in the morning.
Speaker 4: She has been a barrel for two days straight.
Speaker 2: And it's because Matt has said it's fine for her to watch the iPad and he doesn't know he's doing it because he's completely asleep.
Speaker 5: I'd be interested to know if this is because we've all had partner and excess and that have done weird things in the bedroom.
Speaker 3: Right Ben, your boyfriend Britt, does he do anything?
Speaker 6: Ben's an angel?
Speaker 7: But before Ben, I was seeing this guy briefly that I remember. In the middle of the night, I heard him get up and then I could hear sh and I sort of like put my phone light on. He was just standing next to the bed, winging on the bedside table, onto the bedside table, onto.
Speaker 6: The bedside table he thought I wanted to do.
Speaker 7: I tried to wake him up, but he was so deep and then I had this flashback, and I'm like, I've heard that you're not supposed to wake people up when they're sleepwalking his sleep.
Speaker 3: Pissing, shake him.
Speaker 4: You can wake them up.
Speaker 7: I think you can.
Speaker 3: What if he had a knife to you and I better not wake him up. He's having a night terror.
Speaker 6: I played by the rule.
Speaker 5: Also okay thirteen one six five, let's pull the country. What does your partner do while they sleep? What are the weird things they're doing while they're getting some z's. We'll take your call's next at the pickup It is the pick up around Australia. Laura and Mitch. Here after your Wednesday afternoon or thanks to chemists warehouse heading today great savings every day, Laura.
Speaker 3: On the brink of a divorce. I feel like we say that all the time.
Speaker 2: No, I I'm not on the brink of a divorce. But look my beautiful husband, Matty Jay. He has started doing something in his sleep that he is completely unaware of. And what that is is that he tells our four year old that she can do whatever the hell she wants. She started watching YouTube kids at four am in the morning because daddy said it was fine to get the iPad out.
Speaker 3: In his sleepy state.
Speaker 4: He's like, baby, whatever you want, just don't wake me up.
Speaker 2: And she's downstairs watching four hours of Bluey So funny.
Speaker 3: What does your partner do in the bedroom? Hey, Sarah, what's going on?
Speaker 1: So my partner's a fairly animated sleeper, and the other night when he was waking up, he started seeing if you're happy, and he know's got her hands and flooded cropping on my stomach.
Speaker 6: Oh my, oh my, gosh's so cute.
Speaker 3: That's kind of but that is cute.
Speaker 4: That could be worse.
Speaker 3: How do you do it? That's so good?
Speaker 4: Makes She wondered what he was dreaming about.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know, I'm Naomi. What did your partner do in this sleep? This is great.
Speaker 8: My partner and I have been married for five years. And he picks his nose in his sleep and he wipes the snot on the bed head.
Speaker 2: No, that's not okay, lazy? Is it still there in the morning? Like he wakes up and you're like, he's evidence it is.
Speaker 8: And I make him get up there every morning and clean it off with chucks and disinfecting himself. But he is honestly completely oblivious to it. Like it's you know how people sleep walk and sleep talk? Ye? Yeah, Well, he picks his nose in his sleep and he wipes it on the bed head.
Speaker 3: Naomi, he knows he's doing that.
Speaker 2: He just kind of better on the bed head than on the douna cover, tea and what's your heart you've been doing in his sleep?
Speaker 9: So it was like Christmas night at my mom's house and we were having a few drinks the family, and we thought o sleepover, so we set up the sofa lounge in the laund room, and like next to the sofa lounge is like.
Speaker 8: The laundry to the laundry door, so as if you know, if you're in bed, it would be.
Speaker 1: You're on sweet at our hate.
Speaker 9: So my husband, yes, yes, So my husband's sort of gone to bed, and me and my mom are sitting outside still having a few drinks, which you can see through, and I'm like, what is he doing? And I've watched him stand up, like completely asleep, stand up and walk into my mum's laundry and I'm like, okay, you know, and I'm thinking he's been in there a little while.
Speaker 8: I've got to go check.
Speaker 9: So I come in and I open the laundry door and here he is, completely eyes closed, asleep, sitting in the stand up laundry.
Speaker 4: Bask number two at.
Speaker 9: Number two in my mom stand up laundry basket. And I'm like, honey, he's going to wake him up, and he is just like out of it. And he just gets up, pulls his pants up and rolls back into the bed. Nah did not, Oh my god.
Speaker 8: I.
Speaker 2: Will take the iPad and Mary made doing a bender any day of the week.
Speaker 3: The laundry and can when's the divorce being finalized?
Speaker 9: No, I know my four moms. She's like, just throw those clothes out, get rid.
Speaker 6: Of the the basket.
Speaker 5: It's worse, not the good limen. All right, have you missed the show today? We need to get out of here. Ross Noble was on with us earlier.
Speaker 3: A comedian. He's on Thank God You're here tonight.
Speaker 6: Huge is so funny. He was on with Hamish and Andy.
Speaker 3: Actually what a great show that would be?
Speaker 5: Yeah tonight you can catch that on Channel ten podcast Our Chat on the iHeartRadio search to pick up and when cold and flu strikes, Damerson gets it done, always follow the directions for use.
Speaker 2: And coming up next, it's Will and Woody the Boys. What's on the show today?
Speaker 10: We continue pranking Dad's in the lead up to Father's Day, seeing if they will bring up the thing they always brag about. Got a brand new one today about a guy who claims to play football with Carlton when he was nineteen, it'll be on the show very shortly.
Speaker 6: Sounds amazing, have a good one team US