Speaker 1: Gooday, and welcome to the tennis For our AO Rewind episode. Today, we're going to be winding back the clock and the tape and reliving some of the great moments from the first Grand Slam of the year, from the great on court battles to some of the emerging stars of AO twenty twenty five and everything in between. Enjoy this episode as we hit rewind on Australian Open twenty twenty five. What better place to start than with one of the most highly anticipated quarter finals in recent memory. On day ten, ten time champion Novak Djokovic took on a young man with his own claims on being the best player of his generation. Carlos al Karaz.
Speaker 2: And now al Kharaz got the middle of the core. Coss Cot Poirot jocoviych al Karaz and loopy Ball took Pickpoin up the line, cost cop back here from el Karaz pipe the other line jog wis costco.
Speaker 3: Point to the ras.
Speaker 2: This firement says we've seen on this course. No Bak Djokovic, thirty seven years of age, ten time champions now so exactly why he is dominated.
Speaker 3: On this god for so long and continues to do so.
Speaker 2: Here's twelve semi final appearance at Belmourt Park.
Speaker 1: He is certainly not wearing him.
Speaker 2: If you keep cocking down, you keeps riving the chargers at him, and he keeps rising to the occasion he is summ athlete. The fecial scene four six six four six or ee six four twenty hours and thirty seven minutes. Tomaclos Overras Loback Djokovic a own twenty five semifinalists and he walked over to Andy Hurry and just hunted him and roared at him.
Speaker 1: It was thanks to a Grand Slam first to open twenty twenty five that Murray and Djokovic's other coaches, plus a select few from the Djokovic camp, could be right there on the court, just meters from the baseline. And we also heard from Conchita Martinez and her protege Mirror Andreva about the new initiative.
Speaker 4: It's great because we can get closer to the players. We have a really good view from there. Some of the big arenas, I feel like the coaches are far away. So now that it's allowed to talk a little bit or coach a little bit, I think it's a great thing to have.
Speaker 5: Such a fresh She liked it as well.
Speaker 6: I hear everything she says and it's not really what I want now, but if we're serious, then yes, of course it's it's better because she can also tell me stuff that well obviously I need because if she talks, it means something's wrong.
Speaker 7: For us.
Speaker 4: It's great to be actually at the end of the court. I mean I can really see them much well.
Speaker 6: Her being closer. I feel like it's a good innovation. When I don't want to hear anything, I just don't come there and I think she understands. And so after she doesn't talk about that. Then as soon as I come to the towel, of course she sees that, well I'm there, then it means that maybe I want to hear something, and she starts talking.
Speaker 4: She sees the good energy, and you know, sometimes it's just come on reassuring that she's doing good exactly.
Speaker 5: But that's an opening win in Melbourne for Mirah and Driver.
Speaker 1: There was one name on fans' lips more than just about any other at IO twenty twenty five. Collins, the Australian Open runner up from twenty twenty two. This year, took on Ozsie qualifier Destiny Iava in the second round, and while most of the parochial ossie crowd were in Iava's corner, Well the animal responded the only way she knows how. Collins back and cross.
Speaker 3: I have a digs it out, but it's into the net.
Speaker 8: And Danielle Collins, Oh she's got some attitude.
Speaker 3: Oh my, listen to this crowd.
Speaker 9: She's blowing kisses to them. She says, great match, and I don't think any hostility between the two players, but Colin's giving it to this assie crowd and she's walking right to them.
Speaker 10: Nor kisses blown an applause.
Speaker 1: Oh this is fantastic roll and oh she oh my, she just kissed her hand and then smacked her rear.
Speaker 4: Wow, she said, enjoying.
Speaker 3: Want into my pair.
Speaker 1: She's got a big smile on her face.
Speaker 10: I love it, she says, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah we are Dannielle congratulations.
Speaker 3: Uh that was a roller coaster.
Speaker 11: Barad Yeah, I mean Destiny.
Speaker 12: You know, I was thinking during the match, I was like, hmm, if I'm out here, I might as well just take that big fat paycheck.
Speaker 3: And uh, Cocoa and guy love.
Speaker 13: We love a good.
Speaker 12: Five star vacation.
Speaker 13: So part of that check is going to go towards that.
Speaker 12: So thank you guys, thanks for coming out here and supporting us tonight.
Speaker 9: At Did you find the crowd during the match and tell us about Actually, I loved it.
Speaker 12: I like, you know, I've been doing this in my whole life, and I love playing in a crowd that has energy regardless of what side they're on. And I'm somebody to like, you know, it kind of just like motivates me even more. So It's kind of a good thing, especially when I'm not playing that well. So I think it really helped me in the end and just helped me concentrate more and challenged me at times and just yeah, pushed me kind of through the finish line. I was really happy to like in the end, when I finally got momentum, I'm like, well, I'm going to be out here for two and a half hours and putting up with all these people, I might as well just take the bigger paycheck right.
Speaker 1: Io twenty five will forever be remembered for the emergence of the ATP next next generation. Remember the names Dual Fonseka, who eliminated the three time quarter finalist Andre Rubelev, in the first round, or Yahu Menzik who took care of the sixth seed Casparud in the second round, and of course the fairy tale story of the tournament. Learn at ten, who will forever be remembered for moments such as this one against Daniel Medvedev on day five.
Speaker 14: Ordinary?
Speaker 2: What this total of produces, inch and every time learn it to you. In the nineteen year old match points he served down the middle, picked up by midbde but oh real, sixteen so smart, the monocos, resilience.
Speaker 3: And primary beyond these years, so.
Speaker 2: Compose, You're right to the very last he has beaten Daniel Meberdeve. What a performance from.
Speaker 8: This American four hours and forty.
Speaker 2: Eight minutes six to three seven six six seven, one, six seven, six ten seven. In the METS time, write learners.
Speaker 4: In take a bown.
Speaker 9: I mean, I was definitely hoping it wasn't gonna go to a fifth that breaker, but you know, either way, just really happy to get a win. I know I made a lot harder than maybe it could have been, but you know whatever.
Speaker 1: Well, plenty of new names sprung up for AO twenty five. We also welcome back some familiar faces for the Ao Legends Cup producer Alexia Mitchell met up with a few of the players. Here you'll hear from Sam Stosa, Andrea petkevic Eva, Maoli Marcos Baghdatis, Daniella hunter Kova and Alisha Mullick.
Speaker 15: Who's been your favorite breakout performer here in Melbourne? Um breakout performer, Let's go with Destiny Lerner Tian.
Speaker 14: There were a few upsets.
Speaker 4: There were a few young American boys winning on the men's side. I have to say Swetolina beating Paulini the other day, Fonseca.
Speaker 14: Um bellin dumont urbentit look.
Speaker 15: I've loved watching Ketchmanovich the fact Madison Keys is through because I always felt like she's a player that can win multiple slams and now we're finally seeing some of the best of her. Breakout player breakout player Emerson Jones. It's been great to watch her play at this level too, and she's more than worthy of it.
Speaker 1: Alisia Mullick there with glowing praise for Madison Keys, who at that stage of the tournament had just reached the quarterfinals. Well, she went on to the semifinals just days later, where we would witness a pulsating three set battle with ion.
Speaker 5: Tech water match we have coming up Tech up against Madison Keys.
Speaker 13: My whole goal matter what when I lose. I've held the game plan.
Speaker 11: Keys with the terrific story.
Speaker 3: Snatch was long, so you had many different.
Speaker 4: Changes of momentum.
Speaker 5: It's a good state tanas Yagishron Tech halfway there.
Speaker 13: I didn't want to have any regrets for not really letting it all.
Speaker 3: Out of all things getting interesting now.
Speaker 13: And the second Sad I'm noticed four s gravel friend decision and she pushed.
Speaker 4: Me and we're going the distance.
Speaker 13: The way that the match happened where it was, you know, such a close one and so hard to fought.
Speaker 5: So it's match point for Ego, not done just yet.
Speaker 13: It just kind of feels like everything is happening very quickly.
Speaker 3: Heartbreak here for s Fianceech. It's first to ten.
Speaker 13: I would be lying if I said that there wasn't doubts.
Speaker 16: Can you believe that volley?
Speaker 13: I kind of just kept telling myself, just just try to get the next point.
Speaker 2: The winner of her life, Madison Keys is into the Australian Open finals.
Speaker 14: Just really proud of myself for that match.
Speaker 1: Oh Keys kept building the momentum, and just two days later, she took on the two time defending champion Averinga Sabolenka in the Women's Championship match. It was her first final since the twenty seventeen US Open. But the Americans certainly made the weight worthwhile.
Speaker 17: You kind of got the sense that they were both going to rise to the occasion, and they did so. I didn't think I was at surprise that it was going to be a very close third set, because Sabolenka played a lot better in the second.
Speaker 11: The serve was a big factor.
Speaker 17: I knew the serve was going to be a huge factor in the third just because of how one side of each set was and the serve, and so they both knew that they both served better in the third set. But I think you could feel the tension, and I was feeling the tension. I mean, I was nervous for both. You didn't know what was going to happen. But I do think I can't remember exactly was it was maybe three. All I want to say in the third that Madison started I felt like up to the pace even more, and that was one of the things that she was so proud of herself against Fiontech in the semifinals was that she didn't back down. She wanted to either win or lose, but go down swinging, and that's what she did against Sian Tech. It paid off, saved a match point. I think she forgot she had a match point against her, But that's how much she was in the moment, just knowing exactly what she needed to do, because you can handle it when you go down swinging. If you lose a match that you gave it your all. And she remembered that semi final the US Open against Sablenca where she didn't do that, and that really hurt her. So she wanted to make sure she just backed herself and she did it and it paid off.
Speaker 1: Here, Leva, your team has a metric called pressure points, which the bright points all the previous Yeah.
Speaker 16: Lady, to lead to a break point. Yeah, and keys talk about going down swinging. I mean eight to two in terms of pressure points. She was winning those very crucial points. Interesting though, Yeah, like no break points until that final game, and I just thought that was pretty crazy. It was just neck and neck holding comfortably. But you mentioned, yeah, your guy instinct was right. Her fourhand speed. Actually she increased. It's crazy, you know, one twenty seven in the first set she got to one thirty two, and the third set she was really hitting that for hand hard.
Speaker 1: J You're just looking at the path to the final where she's beaten the likes of Daniel Collins in the third round, a former finalist here in twenty twenty two, Elena Rabaikner in the fourth round, former finalists here, and then Spittalina Fiontech, the world number two and now the world number one. It's hard to imagine a much more difficult path for someone to break through for their first major.
Speaker 17: Yeah, very difficult, but that can only make you stronger, I think as as the tournament goes on. And also, I love you that you brought up all these players because a lot of them are very different styles, and I think she had to adapt so differently to say a rebarking a to a Sidelina who's really consistent, to s Fiantec who brings the heavy fourhand. You know, So there was a lot of different things that Maddie had to adapt to, and the fact that she could adapt is something that I think that's improved in her game. I think her defensive skills have gotten so much better. She's moving so much better along the baseline. But the fact that she's throwing in the slice as well, so it's not all all. It wasn't all about Bang Meng Meng all the time that we've seen maybe like I don't know, seventy eight years ago. She has different things that she can bring to the table to adapt to the different styles, and I think that helped her win the tournament.
Speaker 1: Well, congratulations to Maddie Kays. Let's hear from the twenty twenty five champion. Following her trumph followed by the runner up.
Speaker 13: Finally kind of getting past that hurdle of the semifinals and getting back into a final and doing it the way that I did it, I just felt like, this is my moment. I can absolutely do this and I just wanted to run with that.
Speaker 6: What are your thoughts on the tank klos of silver that you've got here and where will you.
Speaker 3: Put it in your in your house?
Speaker 13: I've been getting a bicy of workout carrying it around. It's been quite nice. Actually, I'm absolutely going to make space for it in my house. I might have to have like spotlights on it so that everyone that walks in the house. It's the first thing that you see. But yeah, it's a it's a pretty one. Yeah, it's a very pretty one.
Speaker 18: I think when you get to the point of finals, it's trophy or nothing. You know, nobody remembers the finalists, you know, and nobody put like next to the winder like a finalist name, you know. So I mean that at this point, yeah, I mean I I go for titles, but of course I have to be.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 18: I have to be proud of myself with the finals, three finals in the row. That's something crazy. And I hope that next year I'll come back as a better player and I'll hold Daffney one more time.
Speaker 1: When Coco Goff defeated Belinda Benchic in the fourth round, we all thought she was destined for a semi final rematch against Arena Sabalanca and what a match that would have been. But Paula Bodosa had other ideas, eliminating goth in the quarter finals in straight sets.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 1: A day earlier, Coco Goff's father, Corey, joined Matt and viv on the sit Down to speak about his experience in raising a superstar.
Speaker 8: Have you had to sort of temper Coco's own expectations along the journey.
Speaker 3: No, I don't you know. I always try not to be a dream killer.
Speaker 19: I think my parents, our parents were probably dream killers because they always kind of went in everything with a you know, secondary third plan. Watch your backup plan was plan B. What I had one plan Plan A, and plan B was to make sure a Plan A worked. And so you know, we laid it out kind of our plan in our future for her. I mean, she's where we thought she would be. She you know, she's she's it's not she didn't want it, then you can't push them to it. But because she wants it, then my job is to kind of clear out all the debris and all the obstacles to make sure she can get to what she's doing instead of.
Speaker 3: Having all these roadblocks. You kind of see that with some of the people on tour, even now that you know, roadblocks getting the way they hadn't removed. They've had some missteps along the way, and their parents maybe have made some bad choices along the way, may not intentional, but you know, nevertheless, it was a choice that they probably made that kind of interrupted success or slow down success. So you see that and then you know, we try to be you know, try to try not be those parents that get in the way, but try to aid in a bed the successful route that she's taken and kind of, you know, give her room. I always tell parents, at some point, you got to lead from the back, and if you lead from the back, you're just kind of making sure the flock goes where it's supposed to go. And if they get out of line, then you got to step up and lead from the front, but just kind of make sure they stay within the lines that they can be successful.
Speaker 11: She is extremely successful. And if you look at where she is in her career now at just twenty, she's already a Grand Slam champion and she's now the world's highest paid female athlete. So her career already, she was to stop right now, would be a success on so many metrics.
Speaker 3: So what's next? What's trotting that alleviate pressure? Right?
Speaker 19: But yeah, I mean of more when you just want more, if you want more, and so you know, I'm not gonna let her be satisfied as that. If your dream is here, then go get it, you know, don't sit around a way like that, Like for a parent of me I'm like, you stop tomorrow.
Speaker 3: You got generational wealth on your own.
Speaker 19: Your great grandkids will see some of the finances that you've been able to produce from. But if she played for the money, she probably wouldn't be playing that so well, So right now she's not playing. She plans for the love of it, And now I think it's you know, it's important to make money. Obviously that's a byproduct of being successful in sports and being a superstar, but you know, trying to make a difference in people's lives. I think the thing that she wants to do most is to try to make a difference. And whether she does that finely or by her presidence or by supporting the cause, I think that's one of the next steps that she wants to be a part of, you know, the global culture, a national culture or ethnicity, and her culture to make a difference in people's lives.
Speaker 8: It can't be easy being a tennis parent at times and watching from the sidelines. We remember Coco's run to the US Open title in twenty twenty three, and there was one point where you left the court and you got nervous. I think, as I understand it, how are the nerves these days, what's it like watching it still gets.
Speaker 19: A little nerve wracking. I mean, this is the first time, so I've been doing this so long. I wouldn't attend the matches in the juniors because you know, it could get contentious when you're the dad and the coach and you have an opinion of about how you should play and need to play, and they often look to you for something expression or reaction, and so, you know, I started thinking about it, and you know, it can never be about the parents. And I know some parents try to be out front, even some coaches try to be out front. Can't be that way for them to be successful. So you know what I decided. I talk to my wife. I said, you know what I feel like when I'm sitting in her box and I can't help, but coach, that's a dad, right, I'm gonna say something or I'm gonna do something, and it's all with good intent, but sometimes it could be bad. And I started to realize that and say, you know what I feel like because I am very actionary when I play sports and when I watch sports. Even when I coach my son's basketball team, I walked the sidelines, I talked to her. So I'm very engaged into the process, and so I thought that, you know, I think that maybe my emotions and my energy's probably costing her a few points, costing her a little bit of intensity and focused. So if I remove myself from that, then maybe we get four or five points back that we don't get it, maybe she wins. And so it ended up being successful. We tested it that summer. Like I didn't go to the DC tournament before the US So I went to the prep before and then I removed myself away. Then I went back the next tournament two month you all and I sat and watched she lost in the quarterfinals.
Speaker 3: I said, well, share it is me. You don't want that to be the case, right, And it's okay.
Speaker 19: If me not being there meeting my kid could be successful, then I don't need to be there.
Speaker 3: That's I'm okay with that, okay, And so I said it might be me.
Speaker 19: So then I just kind of took this position, and I'll do all the things leading up to you know, I'll still do scatter reports, I'll still give a feedback from that way, but then when it's time to go play, it's your your show.
Speaker 3: I don't want it to be about me. It's to be about you.
Speaker 1: With a party like atmosphere. As always, the AO once again delivered on its promise to be bigger and better than ever before, Like it has been almost every year. The attendance record was once again broken with one point two million fans through the gates of Melbourne Park, and our producer Harper Pesninger went to ask some of the fans the tough questions.
Speaker 20: Novak Djokovic would be pretty much anyone here at tennis. But if you were going head to head versus Novak at anything you want, what are you going to beat Novak in?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 13: Gosh, I would definitely beat the Novak at an informational interview.
Speaker 8: I'm a recruiter and so I think I could definitely interview his socks off.
Speaker 13: Oh you know, I'm really basketball free throws, he'd be done.
Speaker 18: He can't post up, that's for sure.
Speaker 12: There's no way. I reckon I could go.
Speaker 18: He's got the hyde, But I reckon, I got the jumpers.
Speaker 12: I've got the.
Speaker 20: Jumpers, got the hops. Yeah, Oh, guitar hero on the PlayStation.
Speaker 3: Look, I reckon he spends all his time playing tennis.
Speaker 1: So I'll do a quick one B one in fortnite twenty meters sprint in high heels.
Speaker 5: I've seen Novak in high hills.
Speaker 1: I don't want to say where or how a man can move.
Speaker 9: I got him. I reckon I could beat him doing a backflip just on the floor. I've never tried it, but I don't reckon he has either.
Speaker 12: Painting any sort of arts. I'm pretty I'm okay at art, so doing any sort of painting, I think I could possibly win table pins.
Speaker 20: I think so eurekity skills don't transfer to the table.
Speaker 9: I think I'm good, you know, And yes, I would like to see him, know, if he can manage to win, I'd.
Speaker 1: Back you in Greg for sure.
Speaker 11: Putting makeup on competition, see who looks the best with it.
Speaker 20: On, you know, write Novak and drag Ah.
Speaker 8: He does have a figure for it, but no, I think I've I'm pretty positive in my case as well.
Speaker 1: With excitement building after Novak's quarter final upset over Carlos al KaAZ Day thirteen s or a tantalizing semi final matchup against Alexander Zverev, but experts and fans came out of the match with more questions than answers about the future of Djokovic's career, as we discussed on the Tennis Spotlight Now today, we saw what looked like it was going to turn into one of the great epic men's semifinals, a first set that went first eighty minutes and ended in very quick circumstances when Novak Djokovic first mad an unforced eerror into the net on the volley, and no sooner had he done so than Alex Vera wins the tiebreaker and Novak Djokovic pulls the pin. So seven to six was all we saw. I think, this is it, This is It's over.
Speaker 9: Can you believe it?
Speaker 1: I think you were halfway down into the commentary booth and you didn't even realize what was happening.
Speaker 10: So Peter mccarto and I were just coming down the stairs. We'd watched this unbelievable first set, so competitive, we almost an hour and a half for one set of tennis. It'd gone all the way to the tiebreak, so we're making our way down. We literally missed two points and by the time we got to the commentary booth to see Steve Pearce and Kate Kerns the match was over. It was shock and you could see by Alex Zverev's reaction when he was sitting down, he was in shock and he just got going. What a shame, I think, for everybody in the crowd, for Novak, for Sasha. Of course, Sasha is so happy to be in the final having played just one set, because he's going to feel relatively fresh. But no one, no one wanted end to end like that.
Speaker 1: So what inside could we glean then from the minimal data that we have from the first set, Where was this match heading?
Speaker 7: Well, you mentioned the struggles that Novak was having in terms of first serves landing in the court. I think he was down at fifty four percent of first serves in play throughout that opening set. But really once the points did become extended and we saw a lot of them, it was trouble for Novak. So we know with our naked eye what we thought we saw in terms of the movement not being as explosive. But when the rallies got extended to five plus shots, it was twenty six for Zeriv and sixteen for Novak, so he put a margin of ten on them in those lengthy exchanges when it was short, Novak's right there, so serve and return twenty six to twenty three Novaks favor. So that doesn't or wasn't auguring well from the perspective of Novak, as Candy says, thinking about what's going to be required to get this done now in four or five sets, I've got another three or four or five hours in front of me of that type of physicality, and I just think it was a bridge too far for Novak.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 1: He was asked a question whether this might be his last Australian Open, and here was his response.
Speaker 3: I don't know, there is a chance. Who knows.
Speaker 21: I'll just have to see.
Speaker 3: How the season goes, and.
Speaker 21: Uh, you know, I want to keep going. But whether I'm going to have a revise schedule or not for the next year, I'm not sure. I normally like to come to Australia and play, and I've had the biggest success in my career here, so if I'm if I'm healthy and motivated, I don't see a reason why I wouldn't come, you know. But there's there's always a chance if I want the first set, I mean, and maybe I would try. I don't know. A few more games, half a set, maybe a set, I don't know, but it was just it was getting worse and worse. So I knew, even if I won the first set, that is going to be a huge uphill battle for me, you know, to stay physically sit enough to to stay with him in the rallies, you know, for another god knows what, two, three, four hours. You know, I don't think I had that unfortunately today in the tank.
Speaker 1: The retirement of Djokovic paved the way for a men's Championship decider featuring the top two seeds in Melbourne for the first time since AO twenty nineteen Novak versus Nadal. This time around, Alexander Verev was the second seed, winless from his first two major final outings, against Janick Sinna, the top seed, who is two from two.
Speaker 4: One hundred and.
Speaker 5: Twenty eight men wanted to be here on Championship Sunday, But are there are just two men who can realize that dream tonight? Will it be third time lucky for the world's second best player, Alexander Zverev, who is through to his third major final. The defending champion, Janick Sinner is looking for his third consecutive hardcourt major title. He is the world's best player on hard court.
Speaker 14: I feel more comfortable now. I think that's we can see.
Speaker 19: Well, this is good stuff, isn't it?
Speaker 21: No other way to describe it. I really thought I had a very good chance because I was feeling good.
Speaker 4: That was pretty special.
Speaker 5: Like Yannik resists the firepower from the German and he makes the first move and the yeah to the Big Four's crown, takes the opener against Feev.
Speaker 14: You know, when you get up, you know one set, you know this gives you, you know, the confidence. He's the best player in hard courts right now.
Speaker 3: And it's as simple as that.
Speaker 5: It's not a bad approach shop but not bad doesn't get it done against Sinner.
Speaker 14: Die Break got a bit lucky there, but you know how I hell, every situation on the court, don't live to day. In the final back in general was what's very.
Speaker 5: Nice, both at their brilliant best, and it's the best sport in the world, precise, perfect and powerful, and that is center all over.
Speaker 14: I don't want to end my career as the best player of all time to never win a Grands name, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: Since nineteen seventy three, Center could become the first player tonight to claim ten consecutive straight sets wins over ATP top ten opponents.
Speaker 3: The facts speak for themselves. He's in a different universe right now to anyone else.
Speaker 5: I didn't have pure sizzle, but it just had enough. And the dejection is obvious on spare F side of the court.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean today he completely unplayed me.
Speaker 14: What's in performance?
Speaker 5: From my side, it's a second but Center down under it's a third major and he was quite simply unstoppable.
Speaker 14: Amazing run again here in Australia and extremely happy and and I was showing this with the team here and family and the people I love.
Speaker 3: It's it's amazing.
Speaker 1: To finish up. One of the most heartwarming stories of AO twenty five was undoubtedly from ever Lease. She was a lucky loser who was supposed to be on the plane back home, but she stuck around. She forfeited her plane ticket and she got the call five minutes before her first round match.
Speaker 11: With Kim Berrell.
Speaker 1: She ended up beating Burrel, then Gratcheva, and then Christian to book a spot in the fourth round. That was all before this magical viral moment with Lucky Wills.
Speaker 13: But I'm incredibly happy.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm four.
Speaker 2: Hundred and twenty grand, fourth round, four hundred and twenty Australian dollars, so it's about two ten euros turner in ten thousand euros?
Speaker 11: Did you not know that?
Speaker 3: Oh shit?
Speaker 11: Will we rolling?
Speaker 3: We kind o a natural reaction.
Speaker 21: Yet, that's good, that's a viral moment.
Speaker 3: Let's publish.
Speaker 10: Jesus Christ, I just know you didn't know if no one's brought that up.
Speaker 13: Because I've never went that far in a tournament.
Speaker 5: I'm just looking at the quality numbers, story like you're gone from the flying like maybe fly back, maybe not too Yeah, four two.
Speaker 17: Grand, it's insane.
Speaker 21: That is insane.
Speaker 13: That's a number I have never even heard in my life.
Speaker 3: Ye, now you're rich.
Speaker 1: You can't script moments like that. Wonderful piece of footage from our team and great to have ever lease as one of the shining lights of AO twenty twenty five. Well, that brings to an end our AO rewind for this year. Trust, you've enjoyed all of those moments from throughout the tournament, and you've had some time to rest after what's been a hectic Australian Open once again a reminder that we're now on YouTube, so if you're listening to this episode on your podcast out you can watch the full episode in its video glory on Australian Open TV and be sure to hit the bell so you never miss an episode throughout the year. And I'll catch you next week for more of the tennis