Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Fun at the Funeral. We want your stories.
Speaker 3: Then, sometimes in life you can find laughter in the most unexpected places, like funerals. So sounded him into quite a few, and sometimes they can be giggling there and it's this relief and you're reminded that you are actually lucky to be alive with a joy And what a thing we take for granted is so today Fun at the Funeral, any stories, that's what we want to hear. We lost to Alzheimers early this year, been ill for a while and he always loved to laugh and when he was well, I'm sure he would appreciate what happened when we were lowering his coffin into the ground this year. The coffin was started to go in slanted and as the men lowering it, they couldn't get the rope length.
Speaker 2: Even as they were doing Dad was going to feet first, but then suddenly the rope at his head.
Speaker 3: End suddenly unstuck real quick aside unraveling a pace, the coffin's heading hit the bottom rapidly and that was just shifting and thud from the inside of the coffin. The vicar then announced he's in and everyone burst out laughing. Mild Man would have loved this Christian. He loved to laugh and he loved in the sense of attention. Perfect way for him to go out. Debbie, thank you very much for sharing that.
Speaker 2: That is. That's beautiful, Judy, good.
Speaker 4: Morning, good more in Christian.
Speaker 1: Here are you going?
Speaker 2: I'm good Judy, so fun at the funeral? What's your story for weet?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: You look, well we got it was it was COVID times and then look, you know dad was a big man, so he had the extra large coffin. And so we get to the grave side and there's only four handles on the coffin, and so the you know, the lady looks at me and goes how far is it to the grave? And I said, look, they're fifteen mates, and she said, we'll need some people on the end. So there's only four hands.
Speaker 3: What you want to And also, can I just say any when you see we need an extra large one?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that they came in like medium.
Speaker 4: They have them for fat people, Christian, they have them for fat people. Costs more as well, like seriously talking about a rip off. So we did it, so me and my partner on the end, we're shuffling along ride and we're all trying to walk and we get to the grave and pretty much got Deab's story. We start to lower him down and then you get over the first hump and then you actually have to lift to get up the second. Now we're all we've got no handles on the end, so.
Speaker 3: We've got It's really hard work, isn't it.
Speaker 4: So we've almost just shoved him in the whole school in the hole basically, and and but we're lucky we didn't lose my stepdad in the hole as well, but.
Speaker 2: Because we didn't see him tuesday, brother.
Speaker 4: The best thing was Christian Dad was seriously playing in the art as he lived, and I thought he would have loved it. He just went down. Everyone's fussing over him, you know, everyone's stressing, and it was just like it's getting a hole.
Speaker 5: You bugger.
Speaker 2: And those were the final words. Yes, well told Julie. That really made us laugh. Bless you.
Speaker 3: Thank you Judy for sharing that and sorry if you lost this year as well, and we send your prize.
Speaker 4: To No Worries.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much, Thanks Judy, Leanne good morning.
Speaker 5: Hi, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good, Leanne. Thanks for going the show so fun at the funeral. What's your story for us, Leanne?
Speaker 5: Well, my son died earlier this year, and oh, thank you. He was such a unique person. So the three songs that we had were as people were walking in, we had the same song to the Muppets, monomena phenomena.
Speaker 3: We love that song so much week do you know this now? We opened the show yesterday. The first song we played at six am Monday morning yesterday was two and a half minutes of this phenomena. So when your sons here us people go in to pay their respects this.
Speaker 2: And did he love the song?
Speaker 6: Lea?
Speaker 5: I did, he really did. And because it was only a couple of minutes and it was quite a large funeral, we added fraggle rock on the end of it.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's like a festival. Oh, it was an amazing So many people are, you know, playing airsps but you're tapping a foot to frog at right, throwing shapes.
Speaker 5: There were people in the pews bopping along.
Speaker 2: I can't see you at the back.
Speaker 5: And then as we're leaving the chapel, he desperately wanted monstermash, and I always said to him, well, I'm not going to be around, so I don't care what he had. And of course I had to put mon smashin, so we followed the coffin out with months smash.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: That that is a celebration of a life, Leanne. You're showing us all how it should be done. That's quite incredible.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of thought when in the that one love, a lot of time. Yeah, that was good, this was his It was great.
Speaker 3: Ah, good on you, Leanne. Thank you so much for trusting us with that and sharing that with us. I know it must have been a very sad time, but and I hope you well as well at the moment too. It's tough times. At moment the answer will be thinking of you. But thank you so much for making it bringing a smile to our face with that.
Speaker 5: Today my pleasure. I have a great day, guys, all.
Speaker 2: Right, and you take care of the am by bye.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're looking for your stories what happened at the funeral. Fun At the funeral, sometimes there is unexpected laughter in the sunders of places, and we've had some amazing stories this morning. If you got one for us. Firstly, thank you for trusting us with us, but we'd love to hear it. Coome on to Santo. Christian was actually a photographer.
Speaker 2: Over of this.
Speaker 3: Christian was actually a photographer and a family friends grandmother's funeral. They wanted me to take photos during the service in the funeral.
Speaker 2: It was so awkward. I heard, like, you know, the wedding photographer, all right, you know you don't care. I mean everyone everyone's around the coffin. You can't get quick selfie with me the coffin, please, it's very strange. Center Peter, good morning, Good morning guys.
Speaker 3: Good morning Peter. Welcome to the show. So fun at the funeral? What's your story?
Speaker 6: All right, We're at a funeral and there's an ex work colleague, and we're on the way to the burial and in the process, one of the funeral cars looked inside running there on the Hume Highway, ended up cleaning up a truck which was carrying cabbab meat. All the kabbab meat went all over the road. He then in turn come across hit the hearse, put the hearse into the wires on the median strip and it shut off to basically the Hume Highway. No I could get through the hearse couldn't move anywhere. They had to call another hearst up to transfer transfer the carfket into another herse in the meantime. In the mean time, we missed their burial plot because he had to be there by two o'clock.
Speaker 2: The whole how many squash at four, So you'll have to get yourself now we we missed.
Speaker 6: We missed our plot. We missed our burial time for the attendance and the priests and all that.
Speaker 5: So we waited the gun.
Speaker 3: So what did they do in the end Once them actually get the coffin obviously into the backup hearse, drive around all that kebbab meat that I've forgot about this all over the Humor Highway.
Speaker 6: And then what happened, Well, the kabbab meat was trying to there was trying to get thrown into the people with back of cars. So they said, oh, this is an opportunity. And then the coppers are saying, the coppers are going through people the boots, open your boot, Oh you've got combed meat, put it back on the.
Speaker 7: Other side of.
Speaker 6: A STRAYA yeah, And I said, and one of the people's. One of the people. One of the people's actually said to the girlfriend at the time, is he still on the clock? Is he getting paid overtime for all this? And that is I sitting in the car?
Speaker 3: Incredible scenes, Peter, that is an unbelievable story. Thank you very much for sharing, Peter. Take care mate, thanks for killing him.
Speaker 2: Have a good day, Sandy, come oning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm good Sandy. I hope you well as well. So fun at the funeral. What's your story for Sandy?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: We to do with the ashes. My dad loved the apartment, he loved the river, and that's where he spent his final years. So when he eventually passed, we heard his ashes down the river. We had a chocolate it clearing our hands because that's what he used to do, and we used to go and visit him and half a bottle of stout that he left passed away through half a bottle of stout, and we were told that the ashes they don't blow, they're not as light as you think, but we did. We started eating the Claire through the ashes. Of course, augusta wind came up threw it back in our faces into the chocolatedy Claire. So we've got these pretty chocolate y Claires. No, we were just we were laughing so much. And the stout also was mixed in with that. It was a blowing up the bottle of stout that my nephew was pouring into the river as well. So we had Chocolady Claire. And then across the road a cow, because we're in the country, gave birth to a calf at the same time.
Speaker 2: Those two events might not necessarily be created. That's just nature.
Speaker 3: I mean, the cow didn't think I'm getting it out now so much. I knew their dad looking at cows given birth, was having a stout.
Speaker 1: And Claire, my poor nephew, was down there on the base of the rivers putting poor Poppy's ashes, kidding the get in there, sweeping them off the bank of the river.
Speaker 2: What a scene.
Speaker 7: He was determined to get him into the river so and he would have loved it.
Speaker 2: About to say, what a moment he gave you all.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, it was in view of the pub and on the.
Speaker 1: River that.
Speaker 2: Sandy, you are a you're a treat. You are very cheered us all up this morning.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sandy, Thank you Christian take care Sandy will send your Brye.
Speaker 2: Look after yourself.
Speaker 5: Thanks for the Christian O'Connell show podcast