Speaker 1: Laura, come on, here.
Speaker 2: We go highlight.
Speaker 3: How are we?
Speaker 1: We are good? How are we all?
Speaker 2: We're real good?
Speaker 4: We're all reeling after the news today brand new word of the year has been unveiled.
Speaker 1: No, I read this and I don't even know what it is.
Speaker 3: Well, tell us the word.
Speaker 4: The word of the year, as per Oxford Dictionary is riz.
Speaker 1: Okay, what this is meant to be? A gen Z word? And now you like to call yourself a little gen Z gen Z, I know you're not. But what he's actually me.
Speaker 3: He calls himself whatever suits? I know you actually have no loyalty to a generation.
Speaker 2: I identify as gen Z and I have.
Speaker 4: Rizz Is what a word you'd use to describe someone confident, charming, sexy, someone you want to date like that.
Speaker 3: Like Lauren myself?
Speaker 1: Would you say say that they are riz or they're riz?
Speaker 2: The fact that you've got to ask means you've got no ris. I've got no ris.
Speaker 1: I'm not riz.
Speaker 3: So would you say, yo, like I enjoyed tonight, you've got real riz.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't start with you?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, would you call me rizzless?
Speaker 4: You guys are aging. Actually the way that you are speaking now is aging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're both.
Speaker 3: No one listening to this in a car right now knows.
Speaker 4: What someone's said that I had Riz on a date. Yeah, but I didn't get a second date, so maybe it's a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, maybe he called you something else and you thought.
Speaker 2: He said maybe maybe. Yeah, he said this is this is I'm not around, I'm not four rees.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Anyway, look coming up. We do this every week on a Thursday, gets Out, Asked and Cut. It's where one of you call in with your biggest, darkest, deepest problems that we do our best to answer it. And this week we are dealing with a bride zilla really doozy.
Speaker 4: Everybody that's on the way to pick up listen, it's Thursday, girls, Shall we do this?
Speaker 3: Ask cut?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: So ask going to cut is something that we do every It is where one if you call up with your big, dark, scary dilemma and we do our best to answer it. And this week we have Justin on the phone and he's dealing with a brideziller.
Speaker 3: We have a guy, Hi, Justin, Hi.
Speaker 2: Just Hi, guys, We're good.
Speaker 5: What is happening? And who is the bride dealer? Is it your Bridezilla.
Speaker 6: It is my Bridezilla. We're engaged. You know, I obviously love her, but she's starting to show me a bit of a sight that I didn't see before. And I'm just wanting your advice. Is it just because of the wedding that she's turning into a bit of a bride dealer? Or is this the real her? You know, we sort of have a nice, easy going kind of relationship. Did you starting to turn into a bit of a crazy person around the whole winning? And I'm just not sure if I'm up for a life.
Speaker 3: Of this, justin what is she doing? Like, what is so drastically scaring you off?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: I mean there's always a bit prickly with my family, and so she's sort of said that my family are only allowed to give money as a president as her father, the family can do gifts, and so that's sort of really awkward. No kids are allowed. You know, I've got nieces and nephews that I would have loved to have involved that she's sort of come in pretty hard with, like, no, I don't want kids at the wedding. You know, we will have kids of our own, hopefully one day. But she's sort of ruling the matter of the wedding. So I'm wondering if if there is something more than worrying about costing a lot of money as well, Like it's blowing out. I didn't know what was going to be this fast.
Speaker 5: That's why she wants your family to pay someone's favor. How long have you guys been together for? Because I feel like when you've been with someone for a long time, they kind of show you all their sides. But if you've only been together for a little while, this could be more read from.
Speaker 6: Being together for like a couple of years, you know, and engaged for the nine months. It'll end up being we've been engaged for a year when we get married, so you know it's been a while or not. You know, it's not heaps of time. But I would have thought long enough to have seen everything. But I'm seeing some new things now.
Speaker 2: How is she in the sack? Justice's working in that regard?
Speaker 6: Everything everything fine in that regard. Yeah, it is a little less frequent now though, as we're sort of.
Speaker 2: If everything else is good.
Speaker 4: Weddings are social, okay, Laura, you've been married, was your Mattie Ja?
Speaker 2: Your husband is gorgeous. You love him. A different side of Matt appear when you got married.
Speaker 5: And you know what, if anything, because usually it turns out to be, especially in hetersexual relationships, it's usually the woman who ends up organizing everything because we're the ones who often have had an idea of how we want our wedding to be, whereas like my husband, Matt, he organized everything because I didn't have any idea or any clue about what sort of wedding.
Speaker 1: And that's what I think could be happening here.
Speaker 5: Justin like, maybe your partner has this really specific idea around what she wanted for her wedding, and so it's getting really out of hand because in her mind she wanted to be this big, amazing thing that she was only going to do once.
Speaker 1: I think you just got to talk to us.
Speaker 3: Do you think it is getting cold feet justin Oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, there could be a bit of that. I mean, I've enjoyed the single off and certainly have a TV schrattle there and looking forward to it. But yeah, I mean she is to be fair organizing pretty much all that I'm not doing much other than what I'm asked.
Speaker 3: To stressful, I think it's not in all honesty. I have not been married. No one has ever even asked me. But I don't think this is abnormal. I think from all accounts, from what I hear about my friends and stuff, it's a really stressful time. Most people hope that they only get this one wedding, like they hope that they're not having more than one. They think they're marrying for life, so they want it to be perfect. It gets stressful. I think give her a little bit of grace. But having said that, it's your wedding too, so you still do need to meet halfway. Like, if you feel really strongly about something, then I think you need to talk.
Speaker 2: To about that.
Speaker 5: But give her a bit of grace and but also I think the other thing that I would add to that is that if she's doing everything and this is not because I think some of the things she's saying are a bit crazy, like trying to have rules around what one family can do not the other. They're not having kids if you want kids, they're like. I think that there are some things you can definitely talk to her about. But I think ultimately, if you haven't really showed an interest in the organizing, you don't really have an understanding of how stressful it can be, so I think also try and be involved in it, and then it's not just you being told how it's gonna play.
Speaker 3: So you're saying, Laura be better, Well, I mean it could be I've just been throwing your relationship away because your partner's gotten stressed out over the wedding and is being a bit crazy.
Speaker 2: Research prenups justin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're a great alternative and a good option, and I reckon you can get involved.
Speaker 2: Hope that helps God stressful.
Speaker 7: Times things can be stressful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Still, you know what else is stressful? Well, I'm going to tell you after the break I'm being proper triggered by something at the moment. My stress levels through the roof.
Speaker 1: It's got nothing to do with weddings, does it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And almost wedding. Yeah, you've the closest I've been to a wedding.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow, all right, that's next here at the pickup.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm in a bit of a conundrum, you two, Maybe you can help me out. My partner Ben, obsessed with him, love him, he is the best boyfriend. I can't fault him, except the fact that he lives overseas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's a minor problem, isn't it.
Speaker 4: So you can't fault him for the fact that he leaves anywhere near here to be faulted.
Speaker 3: No, I can't fault him. But part of him living overseas means bless his soul. He constantly sends me little gifts to my house, like they'll just turn up surprises to be like I'm thinking of you, like I love you.
Speaker 1: He's very sweet.
Speaker 3: He's very sweet. Anyway, I'm just gonna call spades, babe, I'm proper triggered. Yesterday the Bachelor ad was playing, and for those plane at home, like I got horrifically dumped on the end of The Bachelor. It didn't work out well for me. Not everyone is Laura Burne who got the happy ending, No.
Speaker 5: Okay, And Brittany was on the honey Badger's seat many moons ago and she got to the very very end and the Honey Badger we.
Speaker 1: Know what he did.
Speaker 3: Look, I was the only person doing the Bachelor and not actually win anything.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 3: So anyway, the Bachelor ad is playing, and then there's a knock on my door and I opened it and there's a dozen beautiful roses. You could not have got the timing more impeccable as the Bachelor, And I was like, I was proper triggered from Ben. He sent me something being like thinking of you as the Bachelor's playing, It was all a bit of sense. You're overload. Ben seems to be adverse to sending any other flower other than a rose, and I don't know do I say something. I should just be appreciative, right.
Speaker 5: I Mean everyone says it's the thought that counts, but I do think that if you're going to send a girl who's been on The Bachelor, who had dunes on there some red roses, it's kind of a thoughtless gift.
Speaker 1: But I would also say, like, it's been a long time.
Speaker 5: I don't know why you were as triggered as you are.
Speaker 1: You didn't get dyed Dora, you got two kids in a marriage.
Speaker 5: I think about it sometimes and I'm like, maybe it's because of moments like this.
Speaker 3: Right now, I can't give one hundred percent of me to you. I'm a little bit lost, and because of that, I have to say, this time has come to an end and let you go.
Speaker 2: As triggering as that, maybe.
Speaker 3: I have not listened to that since the night that I got dumped. I've never listened to that back until this moment. I don't understan and why guys just did that to me. I also, I don't understand why he's treat me like I'm a fish. I gotta let you go. I caught you being people. I gotta throw you back in.
Speaker 4: Was was that moment triggering to listen back? Or was maybe is this moment more triggering?
Speaker 2: He didn't receive a race, so sorry, I just had to I just found it.
Speaker 3: Okay, you guys finding humor at my expense.
Speaker 1: I also have this bunch of red roses here.
Speaker 3: No guys, come on, my best friends not making me.
Speaker 2: Really, we've gotta laugh you because you found love. You know you're not in a moment, for example, like this again, I have something.
Speaker 3: I need to tell you that's almost laughable. He didn't think I can think nobody I'm laughing?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Sorry, it's not funny, But it's been long enough we can laugh.
Speaker 7: I think we finally hit the point six years on where we can laugh about it.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. It is.
Speaker 7: That is definitely something someone would say that got married from the bachelor.
Speaker 3: You cooked. I'm going back to Ben.
Speaker 2: All right, up next, other pickup?
Speaker 3: He didn't receive it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, no, really, up next. You'll never believe we got stuck in this man's collar.
Speaker 2: Alright, that's next on the show.
Speaker 4: This next story that I'm about to bring to the table ladies in Australia serves as a great reminder to get a colonoscopy now, Laura, you yourself have received a colon recently.
Speaker 5: I had some things going on downstairs and had to get a little check up.
Speaker 2: Yep, britt if you received a colon in there.
Speaker 3: I have had a yeah, and a gastroscopy I've had, but it's not something you just walk in and get like it's a surgery.
Speaker 1: You get good under They go in.
Speaker 2: And have a look and they look for things. They look for polyps and things that might cause concern.
Speaker 4: They look for stones, They can look for bacteria, but you wouldn't think they'd look for I don't know an animal so much. Three year old man who booked in for a regular colonosciby. He went to his GP and went, I've got a bit of the runs. I want to get a camera up my bum which is a normal conversation people had. They went, no worries, will book you in. They booked him in. He goes to get his colonoscoby in one of those modern hospitals. Great little probe with a GoPro at the end of it's got.
Speaker 2: A camera on.
Speaker 4: See straight up there, the doctor's a probe in his butt, looking up inside the colon. They're actually in the traverse colon, which is the portion located under the liver, transverse colon.
Speaker 3: One of the medical He was traversing the colon.
Speaker 2: They were playing twister in his colon.
Speaker 4: Anyway, what they found on this camera was a wiggling, live, buzzing fly, just living.
Speaker 3: That is just I'm looking at a photo that's in his colune.
Speaker 2: Look at the photo. They found a live fly inside his colon that they removed, pulled out and showed him after they found a real life fly.
Speaker 3: I mean to be clear, He like, for those plant at home, I think it has entered via the mouth.
Speaker 1: I didn't think this. I was like, how does it get in there?
Speaker 7: Like, what's one's activity for a fly to end up in your color?
Speaker 3: I'm more surprised that it's alive. So much acid and stuff in the colon that you'd think that it would have killed a fly even if it made it in alive and made it down you throw it and esophagus and all the way down to the what is it.
Speaker 2: Mitch transverse colon.
Speaker 3: You would think that the acid would have killed it.
Speaker 4: Well, apparently he recorded eating a salad two days before, which was unusual for him, And they believe that there were eggs in the salad which then obviously made it through his digestive tract. They didn't get burnt, and because they were little baby eggs, and then they developed and the lava grew into a fly in his colon.
Speaker 5: Okay, but Britt, if for anyone who's done I had a colonoscopy, you know, like you do this thing called pico prep, right, so you you drink so much liquid beforehand.
Speaker 1: It's like litters and liters of liquid.
Speaker 7: I am amazed that this fly hung on for dear life, Like there's a real flush that happens when you get a colonoscopy.
Speaker 2: Oh, brit you've also worked in like radiography rooms. You're a nurse for years. How would they get the fly out? Is there like a little tongue?
Speaker 3: Firstly, it is not rare for people to have things in their column. This is not I have never seen a live animal in a column, but I have seen all the wonders of the world in somebody's column.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Absolutely like looking into it on Oxford Street.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about it at work?
Speaker 3: At What I will say is I can only imagine the capturing of this fly because I was a theater radiographer, so I was doing the operations with the surgeons, right so, because they can't see what they're doing without you. But what I would say they're doing is going to put a camera in. Now, when you go and collect gallstones, I say collect them or things like that, stones, kidney stones. They have these tiny little baskets. You know when you go to an arcade and you put the money in and you get to go up and pick that toy with the claw and you have to go over and pick the teddy up and capture it. They have baskets like that that they go in and it's like the surgeon's playing a video game, right They're looking in the camera and they're opening it up and they go and try and collect the stone and pull it out. It's actually incredible, But I can only imagine I am no fly surgeon, but I can only imagine that they're using this kind of a basket to try and capture the fly.
Speaker 5: But this one would have been a particularly tricky one because still, this is a.
Speaker 7: Fly that's buzzing around, and then you're there, like golstone, gallstones move around, they're not necessarily stationary.
Speaker 3: It's a rock of source. This is like tumbling around, but it's not flying around.
Speaker 2: It's not like do you reckon? He could hear it. That's why he knew there was something.
Speaker 1: It would be tickling. Imagine a little like his stomach was buzzing.
Speaker 4: They're like, yeah, your tummy, it sounds like there's a motorola razor in your tummy.
Speaker 2: An actual fly.
Speaker 4: He's fine, and he's made a full recovery, and he's sworn off salads for life, by the way, and I can get up board that.
Speaker 2: I can join that train. All right, Shall we all go and book in a coop? Alright?
Speaker 1: Off we go, Yeah, eat your salads.
Speaker 2: We'll see you guys tomorrow for Friday, last show of the week.
Speaker 4: If you missed any of our show podcasted on the iHeartRadio aut we took Britt down memory Lane and you know, reminiced on her time on the bat Shop.
Speaker 3: I really thought you guys were my friends, but you love to trigger me.
Speaker 1: Beautiful memories, beautiful time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's it from us.
Speaker 2: We will see you all tomorrow, say guys,