Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Kate Torber and coming up on today's show, Tali Escane Shock's followers by listing Dream Barley Villa for sale, the surprise contestants set to appear on the New Bachelor spin off, and Megan Markle's Mad March continues.
Speaker 2: But first, Molly May and.
Speaker 1: Tommy Fury have all but confirmed their back together after jetting off on a family holiday to their happy place, Dubai. The reunion comes seven months after the Shock split following Tommy's issues with alcohol. So if, an eagle eyed fan was the first to raise the alarm on Thursday, spotting them at Manchester Airport.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This photo was all over by fu page and it showed the family of three lining up to board their flight. Now. UK tabloid The Sun ran with the photos straight away, reporting that they were accompanied by a nanny so they could spend more alone time together. The tabloid also spoke to online One Sauce said you would never know the troubles they've been through. They look like just a normal couple. Tommy was very protective of Molly and Bamby, and then Nanny helped with the luggage. Boarding the Emirates flight, they took the fast track lane and flew business class, but were recognized by other passengers. Another said people were delighted to see them together, but they kept to themselves. I wonder if this was a situation where people just felt too awkward to ask.
Speaker 2: For a photo. Oh yeah, I would not have gone off.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people aren't really socially aware when they come across celebrities, and they wouldn't have respected that it was awkward. Well, they don't appear to be hiding the fact they're away together, because both of them are posting about being in Dubai. They haven't yet posted any photos of them together, but all of their photos are in the same resort. It's with their daughter Bambe. Well that's the thing, because straight away the mainstream media started touting this as a secret reconciliation holiday. So I think that they both thought, well, everyone's talking about it, we may.
Speaker 2: As well post about the trip.
Speaker 1: Did anyone notice that Tommy's photo were a lot better now on his Instagram story?
Speaker 2: I was like, clearly Molly has.
Speaker 1: Taken this, but it's not a shot of his Sunday roast with a Coca Cola. Well, he's been taking some pretty nice photos of her as well, and you can read a lot into the captions because Molly keeps calling this her special place. And Tommy also uploaded a video of him with Bambi and he was floating on a pool toy with her and he said the dream. So I just think that they are trying to soft launch that they're back.
Speaker 2: Is not a soft launch, this is a hard launch.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they are contractually obligated not to publicly say that they're back together. Perhaps perhaps Prime has said you can't say it until we air this docor otherwise no one's going to watch. I think they know that they're giving the fans what they want as well. I think they're confident that everyone's going to be a static, Well most people are going to be a static that they're back together, So they feel okay to be posting it because it looks like the most wholesome true I just hope they're vlogging it. You know, maybe they can't put it out right away, but common can you imagine if you were at the resort watching this, This would be the best people watching ever. Well, Molly actually put up a photo of Bambi playing with this older group of kids and was gushing about how beautiful it was and they took such good care of her.
Speaker 2: I wonder if the parents of.
Speaker 1: Those kids were like, go over there, now, what's going on.
Speaker 2: Another photo on Molly's story caught my eye.
Speaker 1: It was of like a can of coke and then what looked like two watermelon cocktails, and I was like, are they mocktails or karely they're mocktails. At first I thought maybe the soft drink was for Bamby, but now I'm thinking maybe it was for the nanny. Maybe they were all just having a drink together and maybe they were mock taps. Look, they're pretty loaded. They might just have bought two drinks. Molly might have bought two drinks for herself. Oh, I was just more concerned about the alcohol and it just had her mum in the docker ringing in my ear. That every occasion seemed to turn negative with Tommy and alcohol. So I'm very much hoping that they are mockedtails. It's kind of a strange thing to post. If you're back with Tommy. It seems like they've chosen Dubai for a specific reason. It was the first holiday that they went on with their daughter, Bamby. She was only three months old when they took there, and at the time, Molly described it as the happiest time.
Speaker 2: Of her life since she'd given birth to Bambi.
Speaker 1: I feel like they're trying to recreate the magic of.
Speaker 2: The first trip.
Speaker 1: Was they filming for Prime still? Like they mentioned about a YouTube, but is this going to be on the show? Hopefully, surely it will be part of the documentary that winding up shots. It will be like and they all lived happily ever after.
Speaker 2: Imagine if Tommy.
Speaker 1: Proposes over there and that's the next series you have to propose again now that they've broken up, or if they get going together, does that mean they're still engaged. I know we're all very excited about it, but I do have a few concerns. This relationship only broke up seven months ago. I wonder if there has been enough time to iron out a lot of the issues that Tommy's had with alcohol. It seems like there were further issues with their relationship with his partying as well, and potential women that he'd been with. Well, we'll probably find out more in the documentary. And Kate, to answer your question, I think if you've broken up for seven months, you have to do another proposal.
Speaker 2: Another ring. Surely not that ring is big enough.
Speaker 1: Well, Molly's seemed really happy in a recent vlog, and she actually gushed about the upcoming holiday, saying, this.
Speaker 3: Going to Dubai with Bambi and we are going for a little holiday. But I feel like I'm going to like really have like some like nice time off and just like really switched off, Like I'm still going to post and stuff. It's needed this little trip. And I'm actually like very much as you guys know, like a home girl. I love my time at home. I never really crave the need to go away. Like I'm so content when I'm at home. It's at my happiest times. But recently I have been craving a little getaway and just some time to kind of just like.
Speaker 2: A skate I saw.
Speaker 1: There was so many comments and they were all like, I'm so happy to say with you with Tommy, have a great time in Dubuy with Tommy. Well, she did admit the fact that she was going with Tommy and again it really does make me think that they have signed something with Prime. Well, the general consensus, I feel on TikTokers everyone is happy about this news. There was a TikToker who actually spotted the couple in Dubai, and she shared a post saying may or may not have just witnessed our favorite blonde with her baby girl and man in Dubai. I'm all and this led followers to write, I genuinely feel like they're on a make or break holiday. We're all rooting for them, whilst another said I love this one couple I want to work. There are, however, some people who don't actually think that this means that they're back together, and maybe they're just very mature and a co parenting way. There is no way you wouldn't be talking about how special this holiday is. You'd be talking about how challenging it is to be there with your ex well spare thought for the nanny, regardless of what kind of trip this is or what relationships sat as they are. It'd be fucking awkward, wouldn't it. But maybe it's good that there's someone else there to bounce off and you know, you kind of put more of an effort in when there's a third party.
Speaker 2: I never got that, Natty.
Speaker 1: But she's probably off with Bambi doing stuff, letting them have their alone time. I don't know if they're traveling around this So I think you need to spare a thought for Molly's sister Zoe. It is going to be really awkward for her because she was very vocal on the Prime doco about how she didn't think that they should get back together and that he was bad news and that she clastered with him. Well, what's even more awkward is that Zoe recently put out a vlog where she revealed that she and Danny are actually moving into Molly's house with her. So they live in quite a small apartment what looks like an apartment or a unit at the moment. And she said that now that she's an influencer, she's so inundated with packages and receiving goods that they actually don't have room in their house, so they don't have enough storage, so they were going to rent a house, and Molly called her up and said, well, hey, have you ever just considered temporarily moving in with me? So a lot of people are saying, well, does this mean that Tommy and Molly aren't getting back together.
Speaker 2: If they got a sister moving here.
Speaker 1: But this is also called Zoe and her husband are looking to buy a house.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean maybe it'll be for the short term.
Speaker 1: Maybe they need a buffer, Kate, as you were saying with the like, maybe they need Zoe and Danny there. You're not going to bring in a buffer who does not like your partner or ex partner. True. I think it's just a temporary fix while Molly needs a help of other babysitters.
Speaker 2: Really spend the morning with me. As a self employed Australian living in at.
Speaker 1: Bali, Talius Gaines has shocked her followers by revealing her three story villa in Iluatu is up for sale. The Bari based influencer has been documenting the build for the past two years and touted the luxury villa as her permanent home now. So if this villa was featured heavily in Talia's Gone, yeah, because a huge part of Talia's channel has been documenting this villa build. So she moved to Bali with her boyfriend Jake Sajano over two years ago and they've really taken followers along for the ride. We've been a fly on the wall for all of the site checks, the slab being laid, We've seen the pool going in recently. We also saw a bunch of custom furniture being installed and intry influencer style. They also made up a home account for the villa, which has six thousand followers, and they gave it a name because we know that Talia likes naming her village, because she had a villa with her ex boyfriend Mitch Third, which was called Villa Tami was at a combination of their names.
Speaker 2: I can't remember that it was Mitch and Talia.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now this villa is called Casas Sue, which means home at the end of the river.
Speaker 2: So even in the name, it has the word home in it.
Speaker 1: So there was a general vibe that this was going to be there. Maybe not forever home, but they're home for.
Speaker 2: At least a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Why does a distrmin me of ecken Sue Sue?
Speaker 2: What's bloody nice?
Speaker 1: When you say villa, you kind of think of, you know, a small maybe one or two bedrooms. This place is massive and the view is absolutely insane.
Speaker 2: It is so luxurious. Yeah, I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Would love to live in this house. It looks incredible. Tylia said that she wasn't actually planning on opening up about the sale so soon, because she said there's still several months until they officially move out, but she said that she'd been inundated with so many questions about the villa she felt as though she needed to open up, so she wrote in a Q and A on Instagram casas Sue actually just and up for sale. So many bittersweet, conflicting emotions. Sue is the most incredible home. I am beyond obsessed and she exceeded Sorry, for some reason, it cracks me up. They refer to the house as a woman, and she exceeded all expectations. I've honestly dreaded this day since before we even started building. But I'm also super excited for the future. That's a bit of a weird thing because it gives off the impression that they were always going to sell. Well. It comes as a shock to a lot of people because they only just completed the villa in September of last year, so they've really.
Speaker 2: Only lived there for a couple of months.
Speaker 1: When it's been completed, and there was a lot of speculation that maybe Talia and Jake might be moving back home, but they later confirmed that they're staying put in Bali. Well, he is a property developer and this is his bread and butter. But as you said, it was always touted as being their home. I wonder if they'd just got an offer that was too good to turn down. Yeah, it's really confusing, Kate, because they never promoted it as an investment property. As you said, he is part of a development company in Bali which describes itself as his premiere property developer, called the Local Villa Group. And as you said, maybe it shouldn't come as such a surprise, but they never said it was an investment property. They said it was their dream home that they were building. And even up until recently, Taralia created a broadcast channel for Casasou and she wrote that she was struggling to sleep at night because she's that excited about the new house and she said it's my dream home and she just can't believe that she gets to wake up to this every day. Something is going on behind the scenes. I mean, I remember when Leah Atsinas put her house up on the market and then suddenly she's obviously moved to the Gold Coast, so there's always something going on. Maybe she doesn't want to be in Iluatu anymore. I wonder if either a really great opportunity for land in a better spot has opened up, or there's a villa that they really want to renovate, because she mentioned in a recent YouTube video that she's working on a new project that she's not going to open up about until the end of the year, and she teased, if you like the journey of Casas Sue, you will like the latest projects. So maybe they see developing these villas as part of a content strategy and as part of her brand, and now that it's done a people going to lose interest in her content. So how did they actually make money? Because I understand if you are not a Balinese local, you can't actually purchase land. Yeah, it's really interesting because Australians can't own land outright in Bali. They have to be listed as a lease holder, so they can only acquire property rights through this leasehold agreement, where basically the property owner grants them the right to use and manage the property for a fixed period of time. In the case of Kasasu, the property has a lease hold until December twenty fifty six.
Speaker 2: Wow, it's a long time await.
Speaker 1: You touched on before, Kate that maybe Jake and Talia got an offer on the villa that was.
Speaker 2: Too good to be true.
Speaker 1: But they've actually listed it through a very popular Balinese realtor at the moment, so it's all over their social So it looks like they don't have a current buyer and they're putting a lot of marketing into trying to get the best price possible. It doesn't mean that they haven't been inundated with offers though, because Georgie Stevenson recently had some trouble selling her Gold Coast mansion. She's now actually renting it out. But it was actually passed in an auction for the first time they put it up for sale.
Speaker 2: But she had said that they had had so.
Speaker 1: Many different offers over the time that they owned the house, and they.
Speaker 2: Were really big offers.
Speaker 1: So they probably had a few offers come in that they're like, we actually can't turn this down. Let's put it on the market and see how many more come in and pit these people.
Speaker 2: Against each other.
Speaker 1: I get the vibe that they plan to just sell this property all along, but maybe they thought Talia's followers would buy in more if they thought we're following the journey of you building your dream home as opposed to we're following the journey of you building an investment portfolio on property.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think that's a pretty earnest look at it. I think that there's more going on behind the scenes than we know. They might have run out of money and need to sell it's a heritage brand, but we're bringing it forward into twenty twenty five. Anticipation is growing for nine's new spin off of The Bachelor. The new series, called The Golden Bachelor, will see older contestants can heating for love with one familiar face getting viewers excited. Yeah so none of it than Abby Chatfield's mom, Laura, has been papped on the set of the new series, which is being filmed in Sydney.
Speaker 2: What an absolute get from the producers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, it seemed like it was only going to be a matter of time before we saw Abby's mum popping up on a reality show, because in twenty twenty one, Abby actually created a petition for her.
Speaker 2: Mom to become the Bachelorette. Oh I forgot about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then in twenty twenty three, Abby did an interview with the Sydney Morning Herald and she was talking about how amazing her mum would be if there was a Golden Bachelorette. So this was off the back of The Golden Bachelor being commissioned in the US, so they've obviously headhunted her for the show. Yeah. A lot more of Laura also popping up on Abby's Instagram and TikTok. There was this funny video where Laura had purchased Adam and Abby this sex dice. Basically it had all these different positions for them to.
Speaker 2: Strive for her daughter. Yeah, and I was like, oh my god, what a character.
Speaker 1: It's very clever because Channel nine are going to get so much free social media publicity with Abby sharing about this series, and I think the connection to Abby is going to draw a lot of viewers in well. Abby has a connection with Chatel nine. She is a judge on the show, the mask singer, so it ties in really nicely for them. What's amusing is that the casting director has come out and said what a struggle it was to actually find contestants for this show, and it has a lot to do with the age demographics. So the original call out said that they were looking for people between sixty and seventy five who were looking for the last great love of their life. The issue is that a lot of the people who applied apparently didn't know how to upload photos and videos online, so they've had to go to quite desperate attempts, so they've started contacting retirement homes. They also handsed out business cards to race goers at Royal Randwick and started advertising on the oldie radio stations like two GB and three AW to fill out this cast. I suppose the oldies also don't give a shit about their social media following, so they really do need to find older people who actually want to fall in love, and I think that's what's actually going to make this show good. People are going to be there for the right reasons and not to get fame on social media. That's one of the big reasons why The Bachelor got acts from Channel ten because people had enough of the series, because they were finding that most of the people who went on were only going on to become influencers and people were actually missing that true love story. Surely a lot of these people's kids are applying for them. Well, in the initial call out it did say if anyone knows of anyone that should be on the show, So surely these people's kids or grandkids can help them upload a video. Yeah. Well, ironically, the Golden Bachelor himself is actually a lot younger than what the casting agencies originally wanted, so he's only in his fifties. He's an infrastructure engineer from Sydney and he's been dubbed as a passionate sailor who has three sons between the ages of seventeen and twenty one.
Speaker 2: And that's a sad.
Speaker 1: Story because his wife, Audrey, passed away in twenty eleven after being diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumor.
Speaker 2: That's all for.
Speaker 1: What I found funny about the marketing of this show is they're trying to portray It's like all these oldies coming on. But this guy, he's not your typical fifty year old. He looks a bit like Tim Robarts, he's got a six path. Fifty is pretty young. But the fact they were going around to retirement village is to try and cast.
Speaker 2: For this show.
Speaker 1: I wonder how he's going to feel. I wonder if it's going to have a bit of a cougar vibe. If the cast of females are going to be in their seventies and he's only his fifties, it will.
Speaker 2: Be a bit weird.
Speaker 1: Well, apparently a source told The Daily Male that his sons are always complaining that he's bringing around the wrong kind of girls that are too young and hot for him. Oh so he's into the younger ones. Maybe he's on there to build his profile.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 1: Well, he is a lot younger than the US as Golden Bachelor, so he was seventy two and he ended up marrying one of the contestants on a TV special, but they got divorced a few months later. But The Golden Bachelor was a massive success in the US. It brought in over six point one million viewers for its finale episode, and that was the most watched Bachelor episode in three years. I think nine are hoping for the same success. It's because we want some good personalities, we want a real love story, and I think that it's something a.
Speaker 2: Little bit different.
Speaker 1: Well, I think they're going for a bit more of a feel good vibe because they've got rid of Osha Samantha Armitage is hosting the show if I like that. She recently hosted Farmer Wants a Wife and that was very popular for being a bit more wholesome and authentic. They just need to get the casting right and also the promotion, because I always think the Aussie Bachelor has never been as good as the US one because they didn't go there with like the Fantasy Suite. They never had the Fantasy suite and the opportunity to forego their separate bedroom. I think The Bachelor was pretty good in the early stages, like the series where Maddie j got his heart broken.
Speaker 2: It was probably one of my favorite.
Speaker 1: It was good, but that's because we didn't have a streaming service and everyone was watching it at home together and it was like that water call the moment, like I remember at work before The Bachelor would air, everyone would have kind of like the Melbourne Cup where they cut up all the faces of the contestants and everyone would get one and see who won. But I think these contestants are going to be so much more likable because, as you said, Kate, they're not going to be looking for Instagram followers. And also the older you get, the less shit you give. Like I feel like there's going to be a lot of people who are going to be really genuine on there, and that's what people are calling out for. I mean we've even seen it. With Love Island UK, there was a lot of talk about how people aren't really wanting to tune into it anymore because a lot of the contestants are second guessing themselves because they know so many people are watching. I feel like the oldies know that people are watching.
Speaker 2: Maybe they just don't care shit.
Speaker 1: But look at say Molly May's grandma on her docco like she was performing to the camera, but it was comedy gold Like they just don't even know how funny they'd Yeah, and there was that popular reality show I think it was called My Mum Your Dad, Remember where the kids would watch their parents' interrouct I feel like it's going to be a bit like that.
Speaker 2: Queen, what are you saying?
Speaker 1: Quinn, Queen?
Speaker 2: You're queen, So I'm not here, I'm not Queen you you ean? Oh Queen, I'm actually a duchess.
Speaker 1: Now Mega Markles mad March continues. In the space of a month, she's released her Netflix lifestyle show and announced a second season, as well as rebranded her product range this week, she also revealed she's dropping a brand new podcast on April eight. For those following Megan closely, it's probably not a huge surprise because in February she signed with an American podcast distributor called Lemonader Media. I had never heard of them before, but they're best known for producing Julia Lewis Drivers' podcasts Elane from Seinfeld, and they also have about forty other podcasts within their network now. At the time, Meghan said that she was happy to be supporting a female founded company and continue her love of podcasting. It is unclear, though, how much this deal is worth, so her previous deal with Spotify for Archetypes was worth twenty million dollars. Well, they ended up dropping Megan's podcast in twenty twenty two or in The claim was that they mutually parted ways, but it was later reported that Meghan and Harry had failed to meet Spotify's productivity benchmark. But that's despite the fact that it seemed to actually rate quite well. I mean, I think there was probably a bit of hate listening going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 1: Personally listened to a few episodes and I was like, I don't really, I don't have an interest in listening anymore, but if people do want to listen to it a part of this new deal with Lemonader, they're actually redistributing archetypes. Remember there was a huge break between podcasts episodes because I think it was when the Queen passed away, and out of respect, they paused the series for a while, so it was really difficult for her to build any sort of momentum. Yeah, and it's kind of like her lifestyle show. A lot of people were annoyed that it was just this place to push her famous friendships because she had Serena Williams and Mariah Carey, Mindy Cator.
Speaker 2: I was interested to see.
Speaker 1: What Megan would come out with for hern X podcast. And the show is called Confessions of a Female Founder and it will be released weekly. So it's an eight part series and it's set to feature candid conversations between Meghan and other females who have launched successful businesses, because, as we know, Meghan is launching her new business, so the podcast is basically her picking the brains of other women who had great success in business. It's kind of like that as someone who is a female that has two businesses. I'm really excited to hopefully hear some insightful interviews, but it does have that two thy sixteen girl.
Speaker 2: Boss vibes, which I don't like.
Speaker 1: What I find amusing about the whole thing is even in Meghan's new show, they were kind of acting like she just started this small business, but it's like you were literally the duchess. Well, to be fair, when you look at it, she started off by selling jams, so that is a very small, local type of hus but with a huge in built following, it's got a bit of a head start on some of the smaller businesses business owners it.
Speaker 2: Might be listening.
Speaker 1: I'm interested to see who she's going to interview because she has been criticized for the guests that she's had on her TV show. A lot of people have said, all these are meant to be your best friends, but seemed like none of you know each other. And then when it came to her podcast Archetypes, it was that she had two big of A celebrities on there, So I'm wondering what sort of entrepreneurs she's going to have on there. One thing that Megan and her team seem really good at is inclusivity.
Speaker 2: We saw it on the show.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to hear from a wide range of women from all walks of life, which will be great. Well, unsurprisingly, she's already been called a copycat by the media. Everything Megan seems to do, they seem to say, oh, someone else has done that. It's like, no, shit, it's a podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, it's an interview format. I mean yeah, it's run of the meal.
Speaker 1: Some people are saying it's very similar to the podcast Confessions of a CEO, while others are saying that she's stolen the podcast idea from YouTuber Katie Meet, who has a YouTube series called Confessions of a Female Founder, which is the exact name of Megan's podcast. I'm guessing the press is google the name of the podcast, and then they came across this YouTube and they're like, right.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Katie has publicly stated in her opinion that it's just a coincidence, and when asked about the similarity, she said, I completely understand why people are during connections and truly appreciate the support and understand their intention, but I also understand coincidence as well. This highly unlikely Megan ever came across my channel, But I am flattered by the thought. What does concern me is how quickly this is turning into another reason to drag a woman down. That's not something I want to contribute to. I know firsthand what it feels like to have my work actually copied.
Speaker 2: This isn't that.
Speaker 1: I love that she stood up for her. I know, it's so nice and it's very true what she said. It's like every time Meghan releases something new, everyone's on this witch hunt to find a problem with it. Well, particularly for Katie, who's built a YouTube channel on uplifting other women in business. She wouldn't want to look like she's dragging anyone down. To point out she has just over two thousand subscribers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like thet big thing.
Speaker 1: It is not like Meghan's probably one of those and his copied. She's probably loving the exposure for her YouTube channel being mentioned in these articles. And I mean, at this point in podcasting, nothing is a new idea. I mean is so oversaturated and there's only so many ideas that actually suit an audio platform. So many podcasts overlap. I mean, I remember when we first started and we were told that we were copying shameless and Shameless were told that they were copying Mama Mir and The High Low. It's like, you know, people can have an interview podcast where they talk to female founders. It's going to be different. It's not going to be exactly like the out there. The draw card is Megan. Yeah, why people are going to listen? As you say, Okay, it's just a genre of podcasts. But do you notice that this type of criticism is only usually leveled at females. I mean, I've never heard anyone accuse any of the sports shows of copying. Yeah, like, oh that footy podcast, probably because no one wants to fucking listen to that. But in terms of this concept, what do you guys think? Is this something you want to hear Megan talk about or is there something else you'd prefer. Well, it's difficult for her, isn't it. Well she's dis the dirt on the Royals, which is what I want. I mean, yeah, that's that's the number one thing i'd want to hear. I'd love to hear the behind the scenes of suits and her acting career. I want to hear more about her and her life. I don't necessarily want to hear her interview other people, But from the perspective, as I said, of someone who runs a business, I will be interested to hear the insights from other women. And we've seen from her shows and her in the media that she's very smart, she's very articulate.
Speaker 2: I think she's going to do a good job interviewing them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think what people want from her is authenticity, and podcast format allows you to be a bit more off the cuff, to be relatable, and I think that she really needs to show a more unpolished side of herself and to be a little bit more self deprecating, and maybe be talk about the struggles that she's actually had with her business, particularly the trademarking issues, which are clearly a big issue. I mean, the fact that she hasn't even released any of her products in line with her Netflix show is clearly a big problem for her. I would really love to hear what has actually been going on behind the scenes. Maybe that's why she's delayed and not actually spoken about it.
Speaker 2: She's saving it for a while.
Speaker 1: I highly doubt she'd be talking about this. This is going to be more of an inspirational podcast. One other thing I would like to hear from her podcast. If I could have my pick is her in Harry Oh, I would just find it fascinating. I know we heard a bit about their love story in the doco they did for Netflix, but I'd like to hear more about it. I'd like them to do Is it that one hundred and fifty questions that make you fall in love? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, that would be amazing.
Speaker 3: You do what did you say the question?
Speaker 2: Yes? UK.
Speaker 1: Love Island contestant Luca Busch has sparked debate about extravagant proposals after setting up a lavish display for his Love Island co star Grace Jackson. So Luca pulled out all the stops during a pay trip to Abby Dab with a stunning floral setup on the beach. It was very reminiscent of when Travis Barker proposed to Courtney Kardashian, except it had a white theme. Instead, there were a lot of white roses. There was a huge neon sign. It looked absolutely stunning. I mean, it was quite clear that Luca had nothing to do with actually setting it up. It would have been some sort of party planner. But the kicker to all all of this was the sign read will you be my girlfriend. So this wasn't even a marriage proposal. This was Luca asking Grace to be his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Well, this isn't new behavior from Luca. Bish.
Speaker 1: Last time he was on Love Island a couple of years ago, he did a very extravagant girlfriend proposal to Gemma Owen. Yeah, so people are slamming him. They're saying he's just rehashed the same proposal he did for Jemma. But I had to look back and I actually think his first girlfriend proposal was more extravagant because he did it at her family home, which is this huge mansion in the UK, because her dad is a famous soccer player yeah, not short of money. Yeah, and he had a cello player there. He had a Cartier bracelet waiting for her. There were balloons in the pool which spelt out will you be my girlfriend? And he even hired a videographer. So I wonder if Grace would look back at that and go, wait a secon this wasn't as nice. Another Saw point might be that this post appears to have been sponsored, like the whole trip they were on was sponsored in Abu Dhabi. So on Instagram, he shared the photos and wrote I'll keep this one, and he tagged a beach club saying thank you for bringing my vision to life so perfectly. Wouldn't have wanted to do this in any other place. I'm not surprised that this was sponsored. It's clear that as soon as the guys leave Love Island and they're with a partner, some party planner or event person reaches out and says, hey, can we do something extravagant? Because I saw Ronnie and Harriet they had the similar sort of thing where Ronnie had filled the whole room with balloons, like it's nothing new.
Speaker 2: And what's quite.
Speaker 1: Interesting though, is jen Za's in particular think that they need to have a really grand way to ask people to be their boyfriend or girlfriend. It's the same with Valentine's Day. Now you've got to ask someone to be your Valentine. You don't just assume. And it was quite interesting because I was looking at the comment section and there are a lot of millennials saying I didn't even have a conversation with my partner about this, like I'm about being boyfriend and girlfriend.
Speaker 2: It was a shoe.
Speaker 1: Well, one of our listeners said, my husband just changed his Facebook relationships data, and I was like, Okay, I'm guess I'm his girlfriend now. But isn't this a step up from what we used to experience in our early twenties because the guys that I dated never ever wanted to put a label on something and then you had to have this awkward conversation about what are we am? But I actually think it makes it harder because it makes it look like it's an even bigger deal to just be in a relationships at the end of Instagram, because it looks like it's some massive.
Speaker 2: Proposal at least she proposed.
Speaker 1: At least it's kind of like, well, this is the done thing, so we mustn't be boyfriend and girlfriend because I haven't. But I just think it shouldn't be that big of a deal to be boyfriend and girlfriend. I mean in saying that I expected for my husband now boyfriend at the time to ask me to be his girlfriend, but he said he didn't know that that was a thing.
Speaker 2: And I think it's because my first.
Speaker 1: Boyfriend asked me by giving me flowers and it was a big deal on sign Well the reason but the reason that he made it a big deal was because literally rewind a couple of weeks before, and he was off on a med camp sleeping with a bunch of about the girls. So I think that I was going to ask Kate, how did res ask you to be his girlfriend? I think I was just a general understanding that we were boyfriend and girlfriend. I don't think we'd use the label when I visited his parents, and I think once you're visiting the parents, you are. That's the day I lasked me. He literally said, will you be my girlfriend? I mean, it wasn't as grand as Luca Bish's a proposal. What do you do if, like say, Luca Bish ends up with Grace, what's he going to do for the engagement?
Speaker 2: Like, you know, how do you top that? I didn't watch the full.
Speaker 1: Series of Love Island. I had to tap out because it just got quite boring. But Luca Bish is one of my favorites, and I really like Grace as well.
Speaker 2: I have watched both of.
Speaker 1: Their seasons individually, and I don't see this relationship lasting.
Speaker 2: I like them together, I don't like them together either.
Speaker 1: I think that they're both lovely individually, but they just don't seem to match well. And I think that this will be a very short lived relationship. I think that this might be similar to his relationship with Gemma Owen. I think that this big grand proposal could be the kiss of death.
Speaker 2: Maybe it might.
Speaker 1: It might give the part the girls a bit of the One listener compared the proposal to you remember on Laguna Beach, Remember when they'd.
Speaker 2: Ask if they'd go to prom with the That is such a good call.
Speaker 1: It was cute, though it wouldn't it be so great being a high school and the guy that you like does something really creative and cute, like yeah, again, if you're on the other end of it and no one asks you quite heartbreak. I pulled our listeners on Instagram and I asked, is the girlfriend proposal over the top? And eighty nine percent of you said it was over the top. Well, eleven percent said all guys should do this.
Speaker 2: I think this.
Speaker 1: Reflects our strong millennial listener base, because I think that there's a lot of listeners who probably weren't even proposed to win such a grand way like this and think it's it's.
Speaker 2: Almost seems very showy and all.
Speaker 1: For Instagram, a lot of people said it's just cringe. It is cringe. Well, that's where we're going to leave things today. Thank you for listening to another episode about Spot. If you do enjoy the show, we would really love it if you could leave us a review and.
Speaker 2: Also share where you're listening from.
Speaker 1: This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Plains.
Speaker 2: We pay respect to elders past and present.