Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast next week. You know, I'm excited to the fact that next Thursday or week today, the show marks two years, which is incredible. How for me personally it's gone so quickly. It's been an insane two years, but most exciting to have followen two years of my life and of living here in Australia's big new adventure. But the show is two years old next Thursday, which is incredible. But then tomorrow throwing me shade is Patsy who marks ten years here and surviving in Breakfast Radio is a real You've got to be a rare breed. Patsy is a survivor in so many ways of that. But ten years tomorrow, which Patsy, We've got to mark this on the show. Ten year of Patsy on Gold is amazing. Do you feel proud? You most do.
Speaker 2: I do feel proud because there's a lot, not only professionally, that's happened in that time. And I've got to say I'm having the time of my life working with this team right now. This is absolutely the best, hands down, and I'm not just saying it.
Speaker 3: Yeah you said indeed.
Speaker 1: And now me, yeah, no, I.
Speaker 3: Did not this.
Speaker 2: This is just beyond my dreams what I'm doing right now, to get to do this at such an honor and a privileged but personally as well, Like I've got married. Oh, hang on, no, I haven't got married.
Speaker 1: In had to say it. So you've got two husbands. This is breaking news. We didn't know about that.
Speaker 2: Bigger massas for this show.
Speaker 3: But no, you know, I've had my little Audie in.
Speaker 2: That time, and a lot's happened in that time. But yeah, it's gone fast ten years.
Speaker 1: So and what turned up in the post yesterday, I just need everyone to stop what you're doing right now, think about Radio Gold is a big legendary station here in this city. Right It's been here for years. It's the number one radio station. This is the number one breakfast show. So you know, we're thinking if someone has served the company, the radio station for almost ten years, ten years tomorrow, what did they send you?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I got very excited because you usually just get bills in the mail. So I got this lovely parcel yesterday from Gold and I thought, oh, I wonder what this could be. And I'd totally forgotten about the anniversary that hadn't hadn't remembered it opened it and in it was the gold foil balloon with the logo on it, you know that you get when you clock up an anniversary in there, but of course it was deflated. It was just the foil balloon, the round foil balloon and the bit of string to tie it up with.
Speaker 1: They sent Pats to see your Crystal clear a deflated.
Speaker 3: Balloon for her yourself, you blow it.
Speaker 1: Up yourself, Okay, yep, you do it.
Speaker 3: It's so we put it on the Facebook page.
Speaker 1: Paths. I can't laugh. Actually, I'm only bringing this up today as a kind of therapy. But someone's had to fold it, shove it in the post and think, yeah, it be ten years Pats Gold employees.
Speaker 2: In the back office to compliment slippers.
Speaker 1: There's like well done from management or no nothing. I didn't know this otherwise I'm not even sure I would have brought it up. This is really just this is this bleak, yes.
Speaker 2: A lonely sad balloons.
Speaker 3: I actually think it would have been less insulting to get nothing and just didn't remember.
Speaker 1: You could understand with lockdown or what's going on the world, Corona is right off to that. But the fact that someone's gone out of the way to make let's not forget I know, if she's working from home. Let's make sure date for diary we send it a couple of days before the anniversary. Let's make sure we do send her something. And then folded, deflated helium balloon. Basically no compliments, slip.
Speaker 2: No card, no slip, no slip.
Speaker 1: You and the air and helium as well. Imagine you've got loads of helium supplies out how many way out west where you go to the petrol station, air water, helium.
Speaker 2: Maybe they thought I've got enough hot air to blow it up myself. It was like a Degas station anniversary present. It's like there you go, there's all the bits you put it together.
Speaker 1: I don't know that is that's something else ten years of working on this radio station, all on breakfast.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, there was a bit of drive in there as well.
Speaker 1: I didn't know about the drive years. Yeah, is that before we came along. When you're under that toast, they shove you in that closet here and we had to turn the light and go, who is that lady in there? Growling? Because she did the news. So you just got a deflate a balloon that's it. Yeah, Well, tomorrow on the show, we're going to celebrate ten years off. You need to write a jack song, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then a good thing. The bar is said, so low with a gift that she's already got. How they have to put any effort in it all?
Speaker 1: Yeah? There you go, a tribute to.
Speaker 2: Pats Can we have like a whole hour dedicated to Brian Adams and Ebba?
Speaker 3: No asking too much?
Speaker 1: We didn't even think about it or look at each other going should we do that? I'll be nice? No, No, you'll get another deflated blue and you carry on like this Tomorrow, Patsy, We're gonna we're gonna right this wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, okay.
Speaker 1: In the meantime, lame work gifts. I bet you've had a lame work gift from your company? Is this the way the world said it shouldn't be?
Speaker 4: Not this?
Speaker 1: But it is? Has anyone got I don't know if we get anyone ringing in with anything. There's actually a sad, almost insulting to send someone. It feels like a threat, doesn't it. It feels like a threat. Have I got a deflated I'd look around like are they watching me right now? It's just from Eddie Maguire or fiefe Is. Someone said this is a warning, like a happy two years here pon me, but a deflated balloon like someone's going to ruin my past.
Speaker 2: It is It's almost like the horse's head in your bed, isn't it?
Speaker 1: No, it's not like what's Christian I connor so Christian O'Connell show so tomorrow. But Trina Jones, are Patsy ten years on this radio station a real survivor choppy waters these working and surviving in Australian radio that could still chew me up. Who knows, But anyway, Patsy's ten years tomorrow, which is remarkable, as is what this radio station center in the post yesterday wants more Patsy. What was the delivery?
Speaker 2: Yes, a foil balloon deflated with a piece of strings separate, folded up.
Speaker 1: As Patsy says when she's not happy. It does feel like a sort of thing that you would send somebody Patsy. You know, second threat, isn't it? Christian? With Patsy's anniversary tomorrow, maybe get Patsy gold bullets after she was recommending you get bullets, the copper bullet for your wife last week and your wedding anniversary. That's on the goose. Good morning and thank you Goose. All right, we're going to the lines now about lame work gifts. By the way, you know, I've asked you commission you to do a song for Patsy tomorrow. You know there's that song that's the way I like it? Can you change it to pats the way I like it?
Speaker 3: The way I like it?
Speaker 1: Uh? Huh? Can we have that to mime Michael lame work gifts? Good morning, Michael, Good ay, Christian, how are you? I'm all right, Maddy. We're sad to hear about Patsy's deflated balloon. What's your lame work gift?
Speaker 5: Ma, Patty's gift is a step up from mine. My my blame gift was a tee towel and a small chart of jam.
Speaker 1: When you say small, jar Man, do you mean a standard size, because that's not really that big. Is it smaller than the standard size of jam? No?
Speaker 5: No, no, it was probably hand and fifty millsworth. I suppose, not like.
Speaker 1: One of those hotel ones you get.
Speaker 5: A breakfast no generous nick size up.
Speaker 1: Wow? We so tetow and jam jar and what was this marking? What kind of anniversary I've worked on a.
Speaker 5: Course another time. I have two hundred people. That was the Christmas gift?
Speaker 1: That was your Christmas gift? Ahead of I think it's ahead of.
Speaker 3: The tea tail is actually useful?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, well not really, something like what house doesn't have teatails?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And was it one? We're just like the company logo Australia Animals. Oh that's actually actually like that Marshal appealings on and so I don't mind the sound of that.
Speaker 3: Grateful Michael, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: No future merchandise bread for show. Teatowls love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't even get the magnets made yet, we're now we're so far ahead of ours.
Speaker 1: I work. I'm laying down tracks for twenty twenty five at the moment. All right, let's go from Michael to Sam. Good morning, Sam, Good morning, How are you guys? I'm good Sam. I hope you having a good week. Welcome to the show. So we're talking about lame work gifts. What did you get?
Speaker 6: So I'm a primary school teacher and at the end of the year, when we're all exhausted, we look forward to our interview Christmas gifts from colleagues. This year we had or one year several years ago, we had a budget of about twenty five dollars a person, and my anonymous gift was a set of baby pink plastic measuring cups from the shop.
Speaker 1: That's a couple of bucks, top surely.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, absolutely, I'm still scarred.
Speaker 1: See, I still think all of this is above what person.
Speaker 3: Even though they're cheap something yefu.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're always looking for them when you need to measure out half.
Speaker 2: A couple or lasts like two days.
Speaker 1: Top. Well, that's it. If you inflate at the moment, it's just like they're crying empty. Peter, Good morning, Peter, Good morning Peter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hiiight, Chris young Jack, that's there.
Speaker 1: You go, Yeah, we're good, Peter. What's the lean work gift?
Speaker 4: The lines work gift I got? I worked at a dairy and one year they gave us a box of out of date products.
Speaker 1: It's a dairy. You could go and get current dated stuff from the dairy.
Speaker 3: Shocking, it would still be a cheap gift if it was in date.
Speaker 4: No I was there. I think they just didn't want to play for the rubbish that week.
Speaker 3: How far out of day was a pitter? Could you eat it?
Speaker 4: Technically you probably could have. It was probably a week a week or two hour day.
Speaker 1: A lumpy, lumpy milk. That's amazing. I think that might be worse than the deflation for looton. Actually, Peter, that's a great call. Have a good day, mate, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: True Christian.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast two. Last calls about lame work gifts. Katrina, good morning, Good morning, Like.
Speaker 6: Patty, my colleague was celebrating ten years and what did she get for it?
Speaker 4: Some US pops and pans?
Speaker 1: How did you tell they were used like stains or left a dried pasta in the bottle of right? You watch these and you deflat and you inflate this balloon. That's shocking, horrible, Katrina, thank you very much. You cool. Have a good day. Dean, please cover off quickly. Brad Dean, good morning.
Speaker 7: I like Christian, how are you, mate?
Speaker 1: I'm good. It's like a trap door sometimes who's called to fall through? But sorry, dear, we're having a few technical bombers. Dean, welcome to the show. Buddy. What was your lame work gift? Well?
Speaker 7: I think I can beat Petsy. I did forty six years of service at one company, and the boss came up and said, oh, yeah, Dean's reached a milestone. Here have a chocolate Royal. Just a chocolate Royal, one chocolate roy not the whole packer, just one chocolate Royal, ru.
Speaker 1: Chocolate roy Wow. For forty six years fifty Yes.
Speaker 5: I was wondering about that.
Speaker 7: Who I was on on me way. I'll be forty seven this year. I'm still at the same company. He will be forty seven years and I just wonder what will I get for fifty years?
Speaker 1: And what do you do? Dean? What have you been doing for forty six years?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 7: I started off as a pal and then I moved up into the office. There's an estimator, so I look after sessers and sping like that.
Speaker 1: Insurance had a little bit vague for a job you've been doing for forty six years. Yeah, yeah, it's incredibly you don't really have, Dean. You don't really get people like you anymore where you have a job that long side of these days. Years ago, like my parents had a job for life. They just they just left school and they did that job. That's it. And they retired with a clock or a watch. Well that's what you've got, which now you don't really have that kind of lord because you get spat out by the machine. And that's incredible number, just a number of my friend, this is.
Speaker 3: The number is one biscuit.
Speaker 1: Right, that's the meaning of life. A Christian O'Connell show podcast