Speaker 1: Question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Things your Mum Said? You know, those mum warnings often made up just to stop us doing something they don't want to do. So it's it's kind of like behavior they don't want extreme situation will happen. That's the equation, isn't it. You know, it's like a really big threat. If you do a certain thing equals death or slow agonizing pain. Face is being stuck that way for life, losing your sight, taste, something happening to your stomach. It's all of that, isn't it?
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 5: Always? My mum didn't want us to drink out of soft drink cans because the fear of wasps flying into them.
Speaker 1: And let's just let's just say this right. Nature is beautiful, wasps our fish past. What is the wasp's problem with us?
Speaker 5: That's what see? This was the warning I always got that they would go down my throat and on their way down they would sting the sides of my throat.
Speaker 1: Come on, wasps, what if we do? Where does this come from? What are your problems? Wasps?
Speaker 3: David Apps to record his nets Netflix special By the way, Patsy what's it? If you please tell us the Santa Claus One.
Speaker 5: Mum always threatened with us with Christmas Eve if we wake up before it was daylight to open our presents, that Sanna would be there and he'd throw pepper in our eyes. So we were terrified.
Speaker 1: This it's like something of a horror movie.
Speaker 5: Broke, I can't.
Speaker 2: See, believe I saw him, and then take my sight with Pepper to.
Speaker 5: Be the happiest day.
Speaker 1: I was just so excited, So.
Speaker 5: It's like, don't you dare wake up or you'll be blinded.
Speaker 3: It also just means that basically had one sack for the toys and then some abundance of ground Pepper on the bell on a pouch, you know, like a gun singer.
Speaker 1: So it's either president or Pepper. Peel pee, take your pig kids, peel.
Speaker 5: P and he's waiting for you behind the couch in case you come down before daylight.
Speaker 3: You sneaking bur in your eyes. That's ap for Christmas, Santa out mate, Drop Louise.
Speaker 1: So what did your mom say?
Speaker 4: Well, she used to threaten us. She had five children Christian in a small three bedroom house, so she used to threaten us if we'd leave our things lying around, she'd open the back door and throw them.
Speaker 6: Out the back door.
Speaker 7: Well guess what she used to do it, Christian, I love you mom.
Speaker 1: That is great. Carry out with those threats, carry out with them.
Speaker 4: But I just wish that I used to do it to my kids. Yeah, I wish I did it, but no, I didn't have mum's starts. So yeah, to this day, I can still remember it, Christian, And yeah, I say good on your mom. Yeah, and I'm fifty nine and I still remember it to this day.
Speaker 3: Christian, I spent a lot of time going out the back yard getting all your gear back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, definitely, So I say good on your mom.
Speaker 3: Awesome, all right, thank you very much, Louis Ys go to Melinda. Thank you? How many times you said my name? By the way, I was doing a drinking goin then I'm drunk, Melinda. What did your mum say?
Speaker 6: Let I say it to my children. So when we go past a fast food outlet like macas or anything, and the lights are on, that means it's fully booked. And if we happen to go there, if we happen to go there, I've already pre booked.
Speaker 2: The chef's table right by chip please no more table, sir, Yes, pieces Valentine's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't pre booked, sorry, honey. But also it works close for the rides within the shopping cinemeter. Those lights a flashing, it must be broken.
Speaker 4: You're listening to the Christian Know Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Waiting for us. Now we've got chantel. What's your mom's threat at the airport at.
Speaker 7: The value claim?
Speaker 4: And if I tried to walk on or put my feet on the baggage claim.
Speaker 7: The floor, burglar would come and rip my arms and lips off.
Speaker 1: That again, is something from a horror movie. Chilling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, as kids, they were so fascinated with that baggage claim. I really wanted to get on it and go back through the strap on the other side. Yes, it was my Narnia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, just underpaid people lugging suitcases.
Speaker 1: That's what's there, Narnia. Ah right, chant out, thank you very much?
Speaker 3: What man's na I can easy arrange you to go and spend a day in that Narnia.
Speaker 1: They'd love to have another guy helping them out.
Speaker 5: Not so many lines more.
Speaker 3: Joe were talking about mom warnings today. What did your mum say well.
Speaker 7: It was actually myself and my young children would absolutely beg me to take them to the indoor play center, so I would pick up the phone, give them a call, pretend to give them a call, no call being made, and oh hello.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 7: Yes, oh gee, that's terrible. I hang up the phone and sadly say to the children, I'm sorry. It's been closed because a child has had a little accident in the ballpit, had a story.
Speaker 5: They wouldn't just accept it.
Speaker 1: Action number one? Number two? Did they vomit or is it diarrhea?
Speaker 7: Call them that's a little number two?
Speaker 1: You had that one ready? How many times you to do this? Now I'm just calling dizzy lad now they.
Speaker 7: Mean, well many many times, many times.
Speaker 1: The kids your favorite the world Daffy Ducks has follow through. We can't go, we can't go. This is amazing. Every day there was some other phone call the kids you go there? So from mum the stream pools are just been emptied.
Speaker 5: Let me guess, mom, another pool, another pool they've closed.
Speaker 1: Tullo Marine Airport. Poos everywhere all over the wrong way.
Speaker 3: We got time for one last call about mum warning. So it's Danny, Danny, thanks for holding on, mate, What have you got for us, buddy?
Speaker 7: Well, my daughter went to a stage of slamming her bedroom door quite regularly, and I got a bit sick of that, and so the next time she was dad, I said, well, you did that one more time and you won't have a door. So the next time she did it, I let it slide, and the next day, when she was at school, I took the door off.
Speaker 6: And she never got it back.
Speaker 7: Towards three and a half years years no door, that's right. She had to earn it back and she never earned it back.
Speaker 1: So there's a new TV reality show.
Speaker 8: Earned the door, the door, Win the door, and I could gain brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast. Yesterday.
Speaker 3: I was enjoying a nice doze on the couch about half four and then one of my kids, the fifteen year old loist, didn't.
Speaker 1: Even say excuse me or I, she just went you wake up? I was like, what, you wake up? Need to go to office?
Speaker 6: Works?
Speaker 3: When everything's now with teenagers, right, there's no in a minute or we do that an hour's time or.
Speaker 1: Now I'm like, now we need to go what? Why? Now? I need a I need a scientific.
Speaker 3: Calculator, was like, oh god, so we go to look for these calculators, right, and do you know much this calculator?
Speaker 5: I bet over one hundred easily. Yeah, two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: You know, unless you're going to be trainee for NASA. This kid hates MASS.
Speaker 3: I failed MASS. She's sort of a long line of dim witted people. Are no good mass. Two hundred dollars. I could hire a nerd to stand by and crunch the numbers. That two hundred dollars right, this calculator and it does look very scientific.
Speaker 5: You didn't have the scientific calculator at school?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did. I still don't know what that's do you remember that? Is it sign or sin?
Speaker 5: But I would not know my way around that one bit except for.
Speaker 3: Writing boobles, you can do that on any I don't know what I know to do with a calculator. Are there other functions on there? Two hundred dollars to write boob let's want to rip off?
Speaker 5: We had a guy at school who could put games on your scientific calculator. So you puts on a version of Daytona where you kid, you could do a race course, but to do actually sign and tangents.
Speaker 1: Is it sign or sin?
Speaker 5: Sign? Said, I just remember CO sign?
Speaker 1: What is what A what a sign stand for?
Speaker 5: CO sign? I know it something.
Speaker 1: What to sign stand for? This is what happens.
Speaker 3: If you don't pay attention at school, you'll lend up in a job like this on the line right now, probably horrified as a math teacher, a mandate sign? What do sign stand for?
Speaker 9: On the calculator, it's actually S, I and E, So that's why it's sign rather than sin and causes actually CO signed, but ten's not abbreviated, so they're not going to try and fit all the other letters onto the calculator.
Speaker 10: That's why it's abbreviated. But that's why it's fine. And it's about the relationship between two sides of a right angle triangle. So thousands of years ago, Postagoras discovers that basically, if you have a right angle triangle where you've got your corner. Effectively, if you were to take a piece of string, stay and take it off the top of the building and you attach it to the ground, if you know how long your string is, if you measure the angle between the string and the ground, that will actually tell you the relationship, and you'll be able to find out exactly.
Speaker 9: How high are.
Speaker 5: Pothagris theorem Christian to know what you've written down there, because I saw you writing while she's talking. There's no resemblance to.
Speaker 1: Take that back. I've actually written.
Speaker 5: Just throwing a triangle and written right angle.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm having to get top marks from teach today, Amanda.
Speaker 5: And you spelled sign wrong. You've written s I g in.
Speaker 1: It's phonetically. Because I keep saying shin, I keep saying what is sin? People are going to go. I know he's a Christian, he's obsessed with sin today? What's happening? And why must I sind you?
Speaker 10: Sorry not teaching religion today?
Speaker 1: That I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: We don't have to spend a lot of time whine about right angles when we at school didn't we right angles?
Speaker 5: Right angles is big businesses right angles.
Speaker 1: Okay. So that's what SIGN stands for.
Speaker 10: That's what it stands for. And the other thing I wanted to mention for you, I really hope you didn't buy a scientific calculator yesterday. I hope it was a CAZ calculator because the CAS calculators cost about two hundred dollars, and one of the reasons that kids love using them is because if you know how to press the right buttons, it does all of the mass for you. That's the I got good because the scientific ones should cost you no more than about twenty oh no, no.
Speaker 1: No, I got the cheatish one. I got the two hundred dollar megathine do all the for me. She just picked it out, so she needed this one. I don't know.
Speaker 10: That's why, because it does most of the mask for you. Don't have to understand the thing you just pressed about them.
Speaker 3: Noble for that technology do the a right angle.
Speaker 5: Technology has got it. They know how to calculate.
Speaker 3: In the way of that, you know, shut out technology, Move out Pythagoras. This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast.