Speaker 1: Okay, do you want to tell everyone what you got up to over the weekend because they wouldn't believe it?
Speaker 2: Oh that thing, Yes, I went to the Formula one.
Speaker 3: See, I wouldn't know that. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Did you happen to get into the Mercedes Benz.
Speaker 3: Marque as well?
Speaker 2: It's called the Star Lounge?
Speaker 1: Oh right, yeah, yeah, you let everyone on bloody socials know that, didn't you.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, not the humble brag. But here's where I'm at. Where are you losers? You're commoners?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I did have to actually go through the common area to get to the Paddock Club, and it was quite dusty and dirty. I did, actually on the buggy because of the road that you go on is really dusty. Ended up with sort of dust on the shoes and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So not those Swave River's shoes that you always were.
Speaker 2: I've got a second pair that look the same, so dusted those off and for the next day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did give me that text, going, God, I'm going through a Bogan soup right now.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I know how you feel common enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I asked you what GA stands for because I saw it a lot when we went.
Speaker 1: Then you ask me what VIP stands for. I'm like see it all the time in the Pokey's room. I've got a picture of Paul. Can we put that picture up. Let's have a look at Paul. Oh wow, showing off the F one. I'm at the F one. Guys, let's read this. Had an awesome time at the F one today. Can confidently say it's the best race I've been to. You are in terms of atmosphere and absolutely loving it. The weather was perfect.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 1: That is the sort of update I require from now on. Paul and his double chins and he's lanyar.
Speaker 2: Oh jesus. Well, anyway, I just wanted to give a quick shout out to Mercedes Bens for putting on drinks and food. The Star Lounge was amazing, So the Star Lounge.
Speaker 1: I want to give a quick shout out to Mercedes ben S thanks for the invite touts. Thanks to that, guys really appreciated. Apparently it is because I urinated my name on the wall last time. I told you last time that could have been any bodies.
Speaker 2: Well, there were plants there, so you were just watering the plants. Yeah exactly, but yeah, it was it was an awesome experience and it was interesting in in the paddock. I tried to get some photos with some of the F one drivers but pretty much none of them were interested in talking to me.
Speaker 3: No, everyone snubbed you.
Speaker 2: Yeah they were like this guy doing so. But in all seriousness, the F one this year was fantastic. The weather was really good. There was a huge turnout and I think it was still capped, like the government still capped it somehow.
Speaker 3: That doesn't sound like Daniel Lander's work at all, but yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It was a wicked event and actually a pretty good race. With the changes they made to the track, it made for an actually interesting race and not just a boring thing where Lewis Hamilton just one of the high time. How weird is the bouncing thing with the arrow I like that, Yeah, it's strange. The cars were just literally pounding along at like three hundred k's an hour, looking like they were getting ready to hop and skip over you know, the fence into Albert Park Lake. So yeah, bloody strange, but a very good event and can't wait to get back there next year.
Speaker 1: It looked like it just looked like a stunning event, Like what a day. I feel like Melbourne deserved that, Like after everything everyone's gone through, a proper f and the way they canceled it last year. Robbie Williams is still pissed off. But it really just the with the with the weather and just that there really was a buzz in the air. It was a brilliant It was a brilliant.
Speaker 3: F one too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good. You know. The interesting thing because I lived just around the corner from there. Each year I'd be used to the FA teen flying over and scaring the shit out of everyone. The F one has actually banned military displays globally, so that's why there was no Fat team there this year. They had like a pretty tame display over the weekend. It wasn't really all that interesting. So yeah, a little bit disappointing that we can't have that jet that scares children when it's still like fifty kilometers away.
Speaker 5: As an engineer, did that just break your little engineering hot?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: One sixty three all.
Speaker 2: You really are a bit y.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: So there you are with your little lanyard and your box seats and now moving into the ventures of NFTs. I say, oh, right there, come with Danny lo musk Let's go to that one.
Speaker 3: Hang on, is this.
Speaker 2: Whole episode going to be reading back my By the way I'm putting this on the screen, Do I have to pay you for this? I should charge your royalty. That's actually not a bad idea.
Speaker 5: I share some I've just acquired an NARF two that I've collected Lush Lucks. Lush Socks is one of my favorites us.
Speaker 1: All right, that's Paul trying to be cool, but really he's just expanding his investmentfolio. Yeah, we should talk cars, that's what we should do. Toyota have been issued with a bit of a fine, just a bit, just in the billions. It's to do with diesel filters.
Speaker 2: Yes, so just so we don't get sued as well for the billions. They haven't been issued to find just yet, the Federal court has ruled that yes, Toyota DPF filters on a set number of vehicles were indeed faulty, and they are the high lux Prato and Fortuna. So they're saying over two hundred and sixty thousand of these vehicles that were sold in Australia were fitted with faulty diesel particulate filters and just as a bit of background. What a diesel particulate filter does is as the particulates go through the exhaust system, it captures them and then at certain intervals it increases exhaust temperature and burns all of these particulates off. And the particulate filter is designed to do that on its own. What a lot of people were doing because they wanted to buy a high lux to be cool, they were basically driving it around and not driving it for long enough to initiate this burn and as a result of that, the filter became clogged. And if you see a high Luck Soprieto or a Fortuna out on the road that is pumping out white smoke that smells incredibly bad, that is one of these vehicles with a faulty DPF. So there is a class action happening at the moment, and we're seeing here the case summary. It was trying to quantify the damages and they reckon the average is seven thousand dollars per car. Now, if you do the sums on that, it could be an award of more than two billion dollars if they're successful. So it's highly unlikely that it will go that far. But when you think about this and the people's lives that were affected. If you drive a high lux and use it as a work vehicle, I mean, who knows how many thousands of dollars worth of damages you've had as a result of this vehicle being faulty. And also pedestrians, if you're driving passed in one of these with a shagged DPF, you're basically pumping these carcinogens out into the air that should otherwise have been filtered. So I think just everyone here needs to get compensated something for this. In my opinion, would this.
Speaker 3: Be something that would have been covered under warranty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, it is covered under warranty, But from what we've heard from some owners, Toyota was making them go back two or three times before they actually deemed the particular filter to be faulty. Particular filters are incredibly expensive because they have precious metals inside and they're hard to make. They're very expensive to maintain if they do break, but when they work, they work fine. Now what Toyota has done they've fitted a manual burn switched to these vehicles, and also basically they've made the burn process happen a whole lot more often so now when we drive any of these Toyota cars every fifty one hundred k's or so, it's initiating a burn. And you can't just stop at mid burn. You've got to let it finish.
Speaker 1: So it sounds like half of these trades the bond during smoke O. Anyway, got my Monster Energy drink can here, might initiate my own little burn. I'm extremely jealous of you because one you got to leave the house and you also got to hang out with a whole bunch of the Ford Raptor Rangers or Ford Ranger Raptors. I should say some big pricing has been released for this.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have the chance to head to a place called Loveday in South Australia. Not a whole lot goes on there except at the Loveday four by four Park. Yeah, and this is basically a place where Ford Endurance tests the Raptor and they do things like jump it. They basically have a seven kilometer circuit where they go flat out ten tenths in these cars with roll cages to performance tune them. And they also use a place in Alice Springs as well to do the same. So it was a good experience to be able to go there and experience the car and get a sort of look and feel for it. And I enjoyed it so much that I've decided I'm going to buy one because they are absolutely unreal. So I've got a dealer helping me out with getting me one in the first allocation. So we'll do more content on that once it comes around. But Ford has announced pricing for the entire Ranger range. It kicks off from thirty five nine hundred and thirty and that's for the four x two single cab chassis, so it's up about a grand. But the interesting thing is that it rolls all the way through to the Raptor, which is eighty five four ninety. I genuinely thought it was going to be another ten grand on top of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought it was going to be a little bit more too.
Speaker 1: I've thought it was sort of going to be like load of mid nine's, and I thought they've done pretty well with it, to be honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's only about five grand more than the current top spec Raptor, which is called the Raptor X, and that's a two letered diesel and nothing on this in comparison to tech and all that sort of stuff. But the other fascinating thing as well, the premium for the V six diesel was only around three grand, so it's pretty exciting to me that customers are going to be able to head out there buy two LAD diesel if they want, or just drop another three grand from XLT upwards and get a V six d SEL that'll be class leading, so that the pricing is really sharp. And if you're looking down the lower end of the range with the XLT, which is their volume at the moment, and the one that a lot of people are buying, it's only up seven hundred bucks and you're getting a whole lot more technology inside the cabin there. So yeah, look, it is exciting stuff and I really am looking forward to having a proper drive of these and seeing them on the road. They'll go on sale from June this year for the Ranger and July for the Ranger Raptor.
Speaker 1: And Paul will be definitely driving one before they even go on sound, no doubt, thanks to this shonky little deal you've got with your quote dealer. Let me guess, was he your plus one in the Marquee?
Speaker 3: No comment? Right, moving on, look I agree. I think it's really well priced.
Speaker 1: I'm glad they're priced it like that, exactly what you said, given the amount of tech and given the jump in tech and what these cars are generally loaded with. Look, it's a good deal. They're going to be popular, no doubt. I wonder how long the weight is on these Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So what I've heard now from a stock controller at one of the biggest four dealers in the country is that with the Raptor, for example, they're getting eight vehicles, so I know at least ten people that have orders on one. So I think that these things are going to be sold out pretty much immediately. And I think that if you do genuinely want a new Ranger or a Raptor, you've got to be in there right now and putting your money down, because if you leave it any later than this, you could be up for something like a six or twelve month weight. So yes, get on to it sooner rather than later.
Speaker 3: Hey, should we check out some cars, Yes, let's do it. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's start with the Toyota gr Corolla. Photo's got le or not leaked, but I guess released this week. Looks good. One point six leter turbo charged, or we'll drive. I think on this one big breaks. You can see on the pitchers. They're three hundred horse power two and twenty killer waits three seventy meters of talked.
Speaker 3: Look, it's a beast of a car.
Speaker 2: I don't love the way that it looks. I think it just looks like someone's gone to super cheap Audo and gone, hey, can I just have every spoiler you sell and then just put it on this Corolla for me?
Speaker 3: Mate? What do you think the bloody audiences? All right? What do you think the audience is?
Speaker 2: Well? What do you think about the three exhausts?
Speaker 3: Love?
Speaker 1: It should have been more, should have been six, Bring it on. I love the fact that two of them are different and they're just like, let's put another different looking one in the middle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Civic Type R has three exhausts as well, and there's a technical reason for it. So I'm hoping this is the same all will drive though one point six later I thought maybe a little bit more than the one point six just because you know, the Corolla is a significantly bigger car than the Yarras j Yarras, and you know the power outputs are not too bad. But yeah, I just wonder whether this will be as engaging as the Arras is to drive. Hopefully the seating positions better. With the arras, you basically sit on top of the roof because the seed is just so high off the floor. So yeah, I'll be keen to see how it goes. We actually had Chris Akinson, former World Rally Championship driver. He did a GR Yaris up against a w r X st I at the track for US and the GI Yaris did surprisingly well compared to the REXI.
Speaker 1: So well, you know me with this WRX, this latest one just doesn't impress at all.
Speaker 2: No, it's not impressive. It's an impressor.
Speaker 1: You know what, every time you say something stupid. From now on, I'm just going to throw up that photo of you holding the lanyard.
Speaker 2: They just leave the jukes to me.
Speaker 3: Can we put that up? Thank you? Where should we go to?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: What should we look at next? Let's roll up another one bmw X seven.
Speaker 2: So you know how sometimes people say that you have a face for radio.
Speaker 3: No, no one's ever that's radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the BMWX seven they've kind of gone. Okay, So normal cars have two sets of headlights. What we'll do is multiply that by two and then we'll separate them. It seems to be a trend now for some reason with car brands where they're just trying to make stuff look very strange, and the X seven falls into that category. I think with the right color, it actually doesn't look terrible.
Speaker 3: What do you think terrible?
Speaker 1: Even in the blue, even in the blue, even in the black and the charcoal gray, and even white.
Speaker 3: I think they all look terrible to me, you know how.
Speaker 1: You know, for instance, you get say some of the Chinese or Korean car brands, and they will try and take elements of European cars and put them in this.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is a European car.
Speaker 1: That's like, well, we're going to do the same back back to you and incorporate a whole bunch of odd sort of Asian market features on our car.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like they've kind of done that with this car. It just there's no cohesion about it.
Speaker 2: It just okay, hold on, let me throw this at you. Would you prefer the seventy headlights that it's got or the giant grill from the M three and M four, Like if you had to pick one of those because this has a normal sized grill.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say giant grill. I think it would be hilarious to make this car look even shitter.
Speaker 3: So that's where I stand on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, look, I don't know. I need to see it in person. I have a feeling based on the spy shots we've seen that the seven series is going to look exactly like this as well, which is highly disappointing because the seventh series always had a classy look to it. It was never something they were daring or outrageous when it came to styling. So yeah, hopefully it looks better in person, and I hope they slow down with all the wacky stuff that they're doing at the moment.
Speaker 3: All right, last one? Where should we go with this one?
Speaker 2: Okay? Last one? I've sent you a link. I want you to click on the click on the link. I promise it's work safe.
Speaker 1: And I'm just reading the link now. Paul Marrick slash noodles of doodles what.
Speaker 3: He's sending me? We can't send this stuff anymore?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Whoa is that not the most What is that a ram?
Speaker 2: Yes? So beneath the skin. The as Non Palladium is a one point five million dollar Italian made hyper luxury suv. It is the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. So my mate Damien Reid, he's a journalist based in Dubai, he went to this reveal event and the first sale has gone to a chic yeah, businessman. So it's based on the RAM fifteen hundred Limited. They then strip it all down and then make it into a luxury four seater off road saloon. And the best bit is with the engine. What they've done. They've taken the RAM fifteen hundred out, replace the five point seven liter V eight and put in an engine from the TRX, So it's it's then beefed up to six point four liters with a pair of turbochargers. That is even though the TRX engine is already supercharged.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's insane.
Speaker 3: I love this car.
Speaker 2: It is insane. And have a look at the interior. It is just the most remarkable thing I've ever seen. It's it is truly comical. So yeah, I would love to drive this. I don't know where. I think you could only drive it in the UAE because anywhere else it would cost you an incredible amount of money to fuel it.
Speaker 3: But wow, look at that, Look at those seats. Yeah, we killed several crocodile. Don't make this for real.
Speaker 2: So yeah, please head to car expert dot com today you and just look up as non palladium to have a look at what looking at now it is. It is truly a remarkable thing.
Speaker 1: So I don't know about the back seats though. That looks like a bloody couch and a cheap hotel. Actually it looks very familiar. It looks like a casting couch I've seen somewhere.
Speaker 2: The travel lodge. Yeah, it is weird how the seats are like right next to each other. Normally in these uber luxury cars there's like a giant divider between the rear passengers. But this is like you're basically up against whoever is next to you, which I guess depends who's next to you. But it may not be such a good thing.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling you don't like to be hugged, not by you. No, come on a little bit of a tickle every now and then. You love a BELLI rub It's the only thing that calms you down. You called me up and be like, oh, I've had another fight with my missus camire Yes, Scully wag and then you do a pool on.
Speaker 3: The carpet and it's very awkward. Um, should we talk here at EB six Yes? Oh there's your famous yes.
Speaker 1: Roll it sexy voiceover lady from New Zealand.
Speaker 6: The twenty twenty two Kia EV six six not six six. I'm still working on it. Prices start from just over sixty seven thousand dollars for the base rear wheel drive, or the one we reviewed, which was.
Speaker 1: All will drive GT line round about eighty two thousand dollars. This is the sibling to the Yundai Ionic five. You know what's weird? Before we talk about this, I saw another car journo compare this obviously to the Ionic five and saying that how similar they are.
Speaker 3: They basically share the same tech.
Speaker 1: To me, like, we kind of savage the Ionic five quite a bit.
Speaker 2: I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I honestly think you couldn't get these cars further apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I completely agree. I mean that, yes, they share a lot of technology, but it's all beneath the skin because they look completely different. Inside, they're completely different, And I found to drive that they really weren't that similar either. So yeah, I understand the logic of it being comparable, but ultimately the key of very much stands on its own.
Speaker 3: I agree. I look, I was. I was really impressed with this car. I love it.
Speaker 1: I genuinely love it, to the point I actually asked the car I asked her if I could buy the Press car.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 2: I really go for you.
Speaker 1: Well, here's the deal, here's my reasons for doing so. How long do you think you're going to have to wait for one of these cars?
Speaker 2: Well, it's like over a year, one to two years.
Speaker 1: I called up two dealers. One was a drug dealer, the other one was just a local. And I can't play this for legal reasons. Unfortunately, our lawyers really sort of told me not to. But I literally said, if I put down a deposit today, how long am I going to wait for this car? He said, two to three years, twenty two model in twenty twenty five. Where tech's gonna change, stuff's gonna move on. Yeah, just insane. There's the weird thing is about this is there's such popularity for it, such a demand for it. Why have they taken it to market? If they're putting a curfew on numbers.
Speaker 2: Look, the problem is that it's a curfew that's kind of put in place overseas because at the moment they have all these laws around emissions in Europe and they're directing all of their stock to Europe in the US, so there's plenty of cars there. Australia is so low on the pecking order in terms of emissions requirements that Kia simply says, well, why would I send any more of the stock that I'm selling lots of to Europe where I have to sell it to Australia where I don't have to sell it and they can just have a little bit. So unfortunately, geographically and with our emissions laws, we're kind of getting screwed at the moment in terms of allocations. But in saying that Tesla has no issue sending us, you know, thousands of cars a month, So that's.
Speaker 1: A record for you. It took us to sort of three quarters of the show for you to mention it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, in all seriousness, it is simply the car companies just not really putting their best foot forward. One of the things I like with the EV six over the Ionic five is that you actually have. It has the same vehicle to load systems. You can power things from the outlet, but with the key you actually have a power point inside the car between the two rear passenger seats, whereas with the key under you have to plug it in outside.
Speaker 1: So it's like an adapter that you put in well, I guess where you charge it. It's a what do they call powder load. It's kind of a different adapter, right, great car. In terms of size, it's similar to the It's similar I guess to the Ionic five, where it looks a whole lot smaller than it actually is. I'm trying to think of size comparison. This would be very similar to maybe a Keia Sorrento flat wide, very similar looking to Paul in that respects.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say, it looks like you damn it all.
Speaker 1: Right, Chod, come on twenty inch wheels. I just think the front looks badass. I absolutely love it. I love the flush door handles on it. How they I mean, I know that's a common thing, but it does look cool. It looks really great. The interior is brilliant. It's I think parts of it are made from plastic bottles and stuff.
Speaker 3: Like that, like they did with the Ionic five.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of a who gives a shit, but I think they're kind of doing it as a nice pr move.
Speaker 3: The back looks really cool. To be honest, this entire car.
Speaker 1: When I saw it, like let's say, six months ago, I wasn't convinced at all at first sighting photos, I was like, nah, but damn, when you're in front of it, it's got presence.
Speaker 3: It's got serious presence. The back of it.
Speaker 1: I remember thinking, God, the back looks ugly as hell, but when you're there, it's really cool. It's got that kind of DBX vibe about it. The I don't know how to describe this, like the kind of rear three D diamond things on the back.
Speaker 3: It's kind of you know where the indicators are, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean that looks cool.
Speaker 1: At first glance, you think it's just kind of part of the plastic and stuff like that, but it's actually functional, so there you go, the kind of duct tail swoop at the back.
Speaker 3: I just think it looks really cool.
Speaker 1: It's just got a presence about it that no other car has got going for it. Right now and wise it's look. I loved it. I genuinely love the drive. I do have a question though, Yeah go on, I am really looking forward to the GT version of this because that's going to be insane. But one thing I did notice is the way evs accelerate. How it's so smooth and generally has one gear. What's your take on the power that these things have. One thing I noticed when I jumped in this after a week or two to drive in my Stinger, you realize how well how much intuition you get generally from a traditional car. Yep, sound, feel everything, you can gauge speed, you can feel speed. This apart from, like you know, the sort of pinning back, I guess definitely holds a point because you don't realize how fast you're going in these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's part of the problem. Like you said, normal cars you have noise, you can kind of get an idea of what's going on, but here you don't have any of that. And I think that if you remove the speedo, you would not realize how quick you're actually going in comparison to an internal combustion car, So it'll become a problem down the track. Because if you have a think about something like a Tesla Model three Performance and how quick that is. If you basically go ten or fifteen years down the track where a teenager is going to buy this like they would buy a Commodore now or something like that, you can end up with some very quick cars on the market that young people have access to. And it's going to be a very different landscape because the speed you can get now in some of these high end cars was reserved for supercars and hypercars, and we're now going to be handing these down to a young generation. I'm just curious to see how that's going to play out in terms of the road toll and how people end up driving in the future when these things are so quick.
Speaker 3: Avoid shortlist by what do you stand?
Speaker 2: Okay, so it depends on the weight. If you could get one tomorrow or had to wait a maximum if let's say six or twelve months, I would buy one because I think they're a really good car. They have great technology inside. The charging speed is fantastic. It's capable of doing like two hundred and thirty kilowats of charging or something so and.
Speaker 1: This stage too, the range is really good as well. I think it depends on the model, but roughly between four hundred and eighty and say five hundred and twenty kilometers you'll get depending on the model.
Speaker 3: The range is really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean from that side of things, it's good. But yeah, I don't know that i'd wait three years for one, because you know, like you said, by the time this rolls around, technology will have this segment. Technology is volting so quickly that it's just impossible to really know where we're going to go. So yeah, I think it just depends on the wait time. If one pops up, they're definitely worth the money, But yeah, would you wait that long for one? I just don't know.
Speaker 1: The same again, and I think we kind of have to take their stance on the car for what it is right here, right now. The wait time is unfortunate and it seems to be affecting everyone.
Speaker 3: Two to three years.
Speaker 1: In my view when I heard that is just it's kind of unacceptable.
Speaker 2: I mean, hold, who's the second you call up a dealer and they go, okay, it's a two to three year wait, Who in their right mind goes, oh, excellent, Well just pop my name down here as a deposit and I'll see you in two or three years.
Speaker 1: Say they get an allocation of six hundred per year. They've got an allocation of six hundred per year that has exceeded significantly to the point where it's they've taken deposits as it stands for eighteen hundred cars. So he's saying three years in theory, given that they've got an allocation of six hundred per year. So yeah, three years. But who knows. Things could change somehow, somehow they could get a whole shitload of sevconductors or an extra factory or whatever.
Speaker 2: But also, there's one hundred Kia dealers in Australia or thereabouts, so you have to divide the stuff that's coming in by one hundred dealers. There's got a lot of stock to go around, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, Look, I think as it stands by this car, I loved it. It deserves all the accolades it's getting. Obviously, Europe and the US scat to see these cars and get to review these cars before we do. And there was a lot of good talk about this, and so I was weary because I saw that with the.
Speaker 3: Five and then I jumped in. I was like, oh, what is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, I believe it deserves everything that's getting. I genuinely love this car. I think it's great. If you can buy it the GT line, the all wheel drive, you're just going to get the boot. You're not going to get really in the front because of that second engine.
Speaker 2: It's twenty seven leaders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well you'll get the charging cable in the front.
Speaker 3: But that's about it. I love it.
Speaker 1: I love it when it's specked up and they've thrown everything at it. So yeah, great car. Let's just hope they can get one. Let's just hope they can get these on the road.
Speaker 2: The only problem, Hey, by.
Speaker 1: The way, do you like constantly walk around with that lanyard on.
Speaker 3: Like or do you alternate?
Speaker 1: Do you sometimes go like the F one Paddock Pass and then other days you go like the AMG.
Speaker 2: Like I said before, you are a bitch. Well, can we talk about some some reviews that have been left for us?
Speaker 3: We do fan mail at the end of each episode.
Speaker 1: Lately, No, but these are good then, okay, because it always like it always puts me in a bad mood, especially when last time, I.
Speaker 4: Don't bloody care for his humor of that Gordon character Genant. I don't care for his smutty yum jo. I'm here for the automobiles. No friggin' locker boys, Hume.
Speaker 2: So thankfully, none of none of that accurate feedback. But we had one here from goose Oz, who wrote best car podcast in Australia. That's all I got to say about.
Speaker 3: It, Giesse.
Speaker 1: Goose guess us little legend, true facts.
Speaker 2: Another one here from says Ann who wrote my new favorite podcast. My husband and I stumbled across this podcast on a road trip and it's brilliant, informative yet hilariously funny too. Can't wait for more. I assume she's talking about me. Yeah, so excellent. Keep the feedback coming. So if you listen to us on a platform somewhere and there's a button there that says leave a rating, click that and then five stars as long as it's out of five, and leave a witty comment for us to read out later on. And you can also email us at contact at the Drive Show dot com. Today we both see those.
Speaker 3: I got an.
Speaker 1: Awesome email from a listener and I reckon, I'm not going to read it out. I promised him would I'd read it out this app, but I'm going to save it for the next one because he brings so much to the tables, so many amazing questions, and yeah, we'll go through it.
Speaker 3: We'll go through it.
Speaker 1: I forget his name, but I promised him i'd go through this email this app, and I'm sorry we're not, but we'll definitely do it the next one.
Speaker 2: We actually got an email from Peter who was asking about by D because we spoke about that the last episode where he went to the launch and there was the lady with the dog. He said he saw one on the road a couple of days ago in Melbourne and said it looks pretty good in the flesh. He said he's looking forward to ower review, but he had some questions here. He wrote, it all works through my car and even then only a select few stores. Sounds a bit suss, I reckon. They have actually signed on ap Egers though, which is Australia's biggest dealer groups. I suspect there will be some integration into dealership somewhere, but yeah, the whole my car thing's weird. He also wrote there's no prefusion to trade in your existing car, which is a really good point, and then he wrote, will the local variant have a spare wheel? Now that's an interesting question because a lot of the time we publish reviews, people go, oh, does it have a spear wheel? If you live in the country, it's probably something you want to know about. And a space saver, I can tell you they're a pain in the ass if you're in the middle of nowhere and you stick it on the car and you can only do eighty k's an hour until you get to your nearest my car to have it fixed and buy your BYD.
Speaker 3: So you know what I did.
Speaker 1: That was one of the things when I was opening the boot and the old woman with the dog was like, oh fu, and I said, stop looking at my bottom, lady. I did look for the spare tire, and from memory, I don't think there was one in there.
Speaker 2: It is troubling, isn't it.
Speaker 1: But anyway, look, here's what I will say, because you keep rubbishing these guys, and actually.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I will just before you say that my tesla or my tesla that I just sold doesn't have a spare tire at all. No, So there he goes.
Speaker 3: And you've been fine for two years.
Speaker 2: I had one flat tire.
Speaker 3: What did you do there?
Speaker 2: Ten minutes after I bought it? You call the number and a guy just brings you a brain new wheel and tire and takes your old.
Speaker 3: One elon musk just arrives in a rocket.
Speaker 1: Yes, like comment, chare please do all that because it ensures that Paul will show up every week.
Speaker 3: And let's go home.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening.
Speaker 3: Someone's brought me a sausage roll. Oh my god, pull.
Speaker 2: Moment on the lips, Lifetime on the hips.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's not the sausage roll pulled your parents? U? Would you Paul,