Speaker 1: Spots Sports team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is the Big Freeze coming up now. Of course this is the huge fundraiser for MND research and it is the first one without Neil Danaher who had all started over. We have Dan goringe on who's going to be part of the Big Freeze this year.
Speaker 1: Morning Dan, Hello by Dan, Good morning Hill. Thanks on me on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, so it's on Monday. You've been announced during the week as one of the big freezers. What does it mean to get chosen and are you scared of getting into that water?
Speaker 1: Yeah, terrifi absolutely, Terrifi. Never like the ice fasting in my playing day. So to be going, you know, headfirst or down a slide at a rapid rated terrifying. But obviously he just said Neil Neil passing and around again is obviously we all think it'll be the biggest one yet to pay on it to Neil and to be asked is just a massive auditor. So to play a small part in what is such a big day and a big cause and absolute honor I know.
Speaker 2: And everyone in all the NRLs obviously was really hit by Gi Arrow, who's also just recently got diagnosed.
Speaker 3: Well, he was on our show last week. It was really so hard to ye.
Speaker 2: My heart was breaking for him and he's going to be at the big Freeze at the MCG.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's massive. You know, I think more and more of Neil at his side and our Jay Arrow kind of that you know, cross code, kind of acknowledging that this disease exists and it takes people's ability to talk and move and eventually unfortunately takes their life. So I think given Nil and with Jai will have kind of both codes and both stands across all sports in Australia tuning in and each year seems to get bigger and bigger and bigger. So hopefully we.
Speaker 3: Feel about that like it's good to finally have because the A fell and l our enemy, I know, the TV right Steel is being discussed at the moment and from what I hear, Rol just wants to make sure that they get more money than the AFL, even if it's by a dollar. But having the AFL and and R roll together is good. Do you think it could be an ongoing thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I think so it's good that we can finally maybe one day for this you know's birthday eventually down the track come together and not be enemies once and actually work towards one thing. But yeah, I think I think hopefully one day, you know, maybe it's the Big Freeze with both codes and then people who represent both kind of codes on downslide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now listen, Dan, everyone who slides down this slide into the freezing cold ice usually kind of dresses up in some sort of costume.
Speaker 3: Have you got any idea what you're going to be wearing.
Speaker 1: I actually bought ten costumes, so I've got no idea. I'm still at the very start, I know. So the theme is people you admire or who inspire you. So a lot of people said go down. As Michael Voss, who was the ex coach at Carlson, he didn't really inspire me to watch Culton, so he's out. We'll come with something. I've got a couple more days to finalize it. But yeah, I'm going through a few of the.
Speaker 3: Moment and what do you think it's going to be like the first Big Freeze without Neil Danaher there, It's going to be a very emotional one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, massively emotional, I think, you know, emotional. Hopefully everyone who can go and get a beanie or donate to the virtual Beani links that are out there. At the moment, going to be super emotional, but I think, as everyone says around Neil, he wants us to play on, wants to enjoy the day, to celebrate his life, to honor him the best way we can. So a mix of emotion and celebration.
Speaker 2: And Dan, you've got Dan does Footy the podcast which is just like insanely popular, and now you're going to do a live show. What are you planning for that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty crazy. We're very, very lucky to have a big commuity people who actually tune in and listen to me talk. I can't even speak, so it's amazing. No, I don't at all. I've got four thousand words in my head and that can come out in Yeah, great big shot. Margaret Court planned obviously we're talking about the football, and then all the big guests, music guests, all these different acts and personalities on that final, all that Thursday before the Grand Final, so me massive and.
Speaker 3: Mark report alright, it is so fun. Good on you man, Dan Gorange. I enjoy Monday. It's going to be an emotional one, so we'll all be watching and of course you can head to fight mnd dot org dot au to donate today dan Gorrange, thanks you mate, have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Thanks guys Seeking Birthday