Speaker 1: Good Mornings a Christian o'connall show podcast at.
Speaker 2: I'm usually in my jarmies by five.
Speaker 3: That is a.
Speaker 1: Great idea on holiday secattle. Good Christian o connall Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Good morning, six minutes past six Thursday morning, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Jack Post, Good morning, Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Patrina Jones.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 4: In check right, So before we get into the show, this is exciting, this is exciting. We need to get into this because dammit, I was offering an exclusive yesterday evening and the TV breakfast show Sunrise. I try to muscle in there before my exclusive yesterday, even though I'm going through the emails as they come in, catching up with all the emails have been sent by our lovely listeners all over the world here in Australia and the podcast listeners all over the world. I'll see one come in some jet heading one hundred year old man.
Speaker 5: So I'm thinking this is about our producer.
Speaker 4: It literally did seriously, no Joe, I did thought it must be a cart out Brad and how he accidentally gave away a thousand dollars of other day because that's what a one hundred year old producer would do. Then I see it's about one of our listeners whose granddad was. You know sometimes how news supporters they count the streets and they just do vox pops.
Speaker 3: Just stop random pible on the street.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes they ask them like really important, you know, questions about geo political issues. And they just asked some guys wandering around outside a Baker's Delight at two in the afternoon who had nothing better to do.
Speaker 5: We don't need that guy's opinion.
Speaker 4: But anyway, they were doing some vox pops and the reporter in Wales gets chat to an old guy and the old guy drops in the fat that he's one hundred years old, and the reporter cannot believe that his luck, that he's talking to a one hundred year old man. And when you see the video clips going all over the world. Right now, when you see the video clip, this guy looks like your granddad, a very fit, very sharp mentally as well, granddad who's maybe in his mid or early eighties. He does not look like a hundred year old man. Now, the reason why this guy is email me it's our listener's granddad.
Speaker 5: Wow, the granddad.
Speaker 4: The one hundred year old man is called Owen Filler and his grandson Craig listened to our show. He's listened to me on already for years, and he's followed me over here as well. So he was letting us know, saying, look, this clip is going all over the world. It's my granddad. He was just out walking to his grocery shop on Monday spies. The TV crew starts chatting about his life, and it's now become a big start all over Apparently I've just read it's going to be on Jimmy Kimmel. What messy anyway, I haven't listened to this listen to this guy. Then this is the first moment where the reporter is going it's probably saidly, come around, here's some old guy. He just wander around the street. That's going chat to this old.
Speaker 6: Dude, be all my life. I'm Andrew years old.
Speaker 4: I can yes, I what is the age? By the way, the old elderly people let.
Speaker 3: You need to tell you, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's once you get past eighty five.
Speaker 4: Maybe they've become like old age mentioners, don't they were They've got a mention in the age but if you're a hundred, rightly, so drop that.
Speaker 6: Oh I've been all my life, I'm man threw years old. I can, Yes, i am, I'm hundred years old. I can remember the trams running down Nella where there's rickslat the actually dred years old.
Speaker 7: Yes, I have.
Speaker 5: What's the time?
Speaker 4: Can we time it before the guy actually goes looks at and case he's hundred years old?
Speaker 6: I've been all my life. I'm and threw years old. I can, Yes, I am, I'm hundred years old. I can remember the trams running down Nella where there's rickslat the actually dred years old. Yes, I have right across the road.
Speaker 5: One hundred years old.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a it's a classic prank for not persons into one of the streets pretending to be one hundred.
Speaker 5: How many of us have been scammed by them?
Speaker 4: And this was because he's at one hundred years You think about what he's been through and what he's now experiencing with COVID nineteen coronas where it's literally great war.
Speaker 8: I can walk the river back and it's dead flat, or I can go on my scooter. I've got electric scooter. But it's like having a car and just jump on and it's better than walk. It's natural the legs of a walking, aren't they?
Speaker 5: What did like?
Speaker 4: And also ever listened to you, you appreciate these are one hundred when you hear this about his kids.
Speaker 7: And aren't my four kids are all pensioners?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 9: Sixty nine, seventy one, seventy three, seventy five, four kids pension?
Speaker 7: Do you all get them in the primary?
Speaker 4: So this morning we got to find out who is our oldest listener? Right, because bear in mind it is gold. I bet there'd be people listening.
Speaker 3: Going lines are full ten.
Speaker 4: And the old folk they like to get up early as well, don't they. So we've got to find our oldest listener. And also do we think we have any listeners that actually other than owen over in the UK and Wales he's got a hundred year old granddad. Do we think we have any listeners who have a relative who are older than one hundred? Do a quick during the song Jackie Boy, do a quick Google search. How many could we no matter how many over one hundred year olds are there even in Australia, because it can't be that many people who are over one hundred in the UK used to get a letter from the Queen on your birthday, which always thought was a lovely thing. I don't know if they still do that now, because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do that here as well.
Speaker 5: Well she sends you a letter as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe so. Centurions get a letter from the Queen.
Speaker 5: That's great. Do you know what? And apparently now it's a record number of letters she sends out every day because more and more of us are living older and old analogy to medicine.
Speaker 3: That's what Google's saying, a sharp rise in Australians centenarians and twenty eight well in Australian Australians.
Speaker 10: Are you serious?
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Christian Iconnoll the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 4: She's just played a clip of a guy's going all over the world. I was wandering the streets and then one of those voxpops TV news crew to start chatting to them. They're talking to a one hundred year old man. I've just shown chat the photos and the video. Describe what he looks like.
Speaker 3: That doesn't look a day over, seventy five, brightly, yeap, happy, he looks youthful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know he does. He looks. He looks like he's got a zest for life as well.
Speaker 4: I mean, do you think you'll hit one hundred. I know I would put money I will not get to one hundred.
Speaker 3: I would love to think that I'm like this at one hundred. Yeah, brings me joy to think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's like, he's just he's with it and he looks happy. Does he looks really really young? So this is one of our podcast listeners over in England. It's his granddad who just happened to be walking to his grocery shop spies a film crew starts having a chat to them. Now it's going all over the world because the fact he's a joyous man who's one hundred.
Speaker 5: He's got four kids who are all pensioners. Count the ages.
Speaker 4: This is amazing this bit where's talking about how old his kids are, just to put it into context.
Speaker 7: And my four kids a lot pensioners.
Speaker 9: Sixty nine, seventy one, seventy three, seventy five.
Speaker 5: That's amazing, is it? You think what he's been through.
Speaker 4: And at the end they asked him about what he thought of Corona because he's lived through the Great War?
Speaker 5: Is this one scary?
Speaker 7: Yeah, very scary. Yeah, this is Rufflin Warren.
Speaker 5: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: All right, So this morning we're looking for our oldest listener and also, do you have a relative who is over one hundred?
Speaker 5: Jack's found out there are just under what five thousand.
Speaker 3: Four thousand, eight hundred in Australia.
Speaker 5: Nine four one four one oh four three Steven, good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 11: Here you go mate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm good. So Steven, you got an elderly relative.
Speaker 12: Yeah, my guys got grandmother is the hunter and ten up in ten till still spokes and drinks like a trooper.
Speaker 11: Mate, wow.
Speaker 3: Ten.
Speaker 13: Oh, she's got the she's got the terror that comes around and texts on her and she still speaks out on her death and most and SPRINTO gombag.
Speaker 7: Apparently that is amazing.
Speaker 3: One hundred and ten what's the record? Somewhere in the one hundred and is like seventeen sixteen, but she must be getting up there.
Speaker 5: How old is the good? Look, Joe?
Speaker 4: How old is the world's oldest lady? I thought they run like hundred twelve hundred and thirteen.
Speaker 14: Yeah, she would definitely.
Speaker 11: I've never met her myself that I'm definitely.
Speaker 14: I think she's lost their mind a little bit that as you would at that age.
Speaker 11: But she's getting the.
Speaker 3: Oldest living person one hundred and seventeen one hundred and thirty two days as of May twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have to do that daily counters. Well, it's not a title.
Speaker 4: They ever want that one as well, because it means for you to get it. It's not like you've beaten someone or you're the new title holder.
Speaker 3: Gness, don't even bother sitting out the.
Speaker 5: Pis if they're at your door.
Speaker 4: You don't even want to open the door to find the other new, current, very temporary holder of the world's oldest person.
Speaker 5: All right, Stephen, that's a great one. Thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 1: We have a good day The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Time for some of your emails play.
Speaker 4: All right, you can email whenever you want about some of you've heard us talk about on the show. We called it late to the party today. Then off with this maps. We've talked about this two days ago about map reading and the ancient art of map reading. The young millennial Jackpost was stunted to know this, so we used to navigate our ways around using atlases and roadmaps and meilways Christian. Back in the early two thousands, my best friend and I were driving to a friend's eighteenth birthday party on a Saturday night. Neither of us have been to the house before, so we were using a map to get us there. We arrived at what we thought was his party, but it turned out to judler. Poor map reading skills led us to a lady's fiftieth. We shed a few lass with them on the doorstep, then set off again search for our friend Tim's house. When we finally arrived at the correct party, we'll be disappointed. See everyone was just sitting around watching a movie and having a really dull night. We left not long over. Using the map, we went back to the fiftieth asked if we could join the party. We had a great time to tasa hours and had a lot of birthday cake. We were only seventeen at the time. Cheers Jody, Jody, that's great. I love, that's fantastic. This comes from Matthew Couchman, Christian and my geography teacher and some of the kids' favorites. Lesson is a group task to measure distances using string on a big map. I even have os maps or various areas around the world.
Speaker 5: I lottle know.
Speaker 4: In fact, some map makers used to put fake roads on their maps so they can prove they've being copied by rival companies.
Speaker 3: I heard that. Isn't that so cool?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Matt the geography teacher dreading going back to work. Yeah, I bet you speak for all teachers there.
Speaker 5: Pajama time.
Speaker 4: This is Patsy telling us how she's in pajamas at five o'clock in the evening. Christians and Patsy talk about the pajamas at five. I'm a farmer out in rural Victoria this time of year. We're planting the crops, so crazy hour as an attractor and whatnot. I love that phrase and whatnot. There were certain phrases that I worry will die out. Whatnot is a great one, wasn't it?
Speaker 5: You know? And whatnot.
Speaker 4: In regards to where my pajamas go on, it is normally between the hours of one to three am, and they come off at seven am when I go back to work. We plant away from our home, so a lot of time I will finish at one to three am.
Speaker 5: That's true, hardow, I mean, that's a proper job.
Speaker 4: And have a shower in my cabin, then sleep and do you know what I've often thought about this? Then sleep fuddy clothed, ready for the next morning so I can sleep.
Speaker 3: What a great idea I would that overnight?
Speaker 4: Do you know what that's next? For ten or five minutes, isn't it? I'm wanting to try that tonight. The jeans, socks, jumper all go on. Not comfortable, the jeans, socks and jumper all it wants.
Speaker 3: Also in regards to these save a minute, Really it doesn't take that longer pulse.
Speaker 4: It's not a minute. If you was during the day, it'd be a minute. It's a slow kind of two minutes. It's stagging around at one leg trying to get the other leg into your underwear. And that This is from Jacob's twenty three The Farmer regards to when you say good morning and good afternoon, do you know what you crossed the line yesterday in the meeting that we had with the boss. You sided with the boss about that?
Speaker 3: No, I no, I didn't. It was really I did.
Speaker 4: Always side with you, even if I think you're on, because that's how we are.
Speaker 5: You broke the pack yesterday.
Speaker 4: You were on your own now, and I'm going to say something to you that only you and I will.
Speaker 5: Know what this is code for. Okay, go ahead, No, I'm not going to say it. I'm not going to say it.
Speaker 3: Can I just bend myself quickly? She pointed out paths, which was fair. Christian said, we've had an overwhelming amount of calls that are saying good evening is five o'clock. She pointed out that we took three calls, two of them said good afternoon, and one of them said.
Speaker 4: And he went, he should have said, no, I don't think that's right, Sue. We move on, and he went, yeah, that's right, Sue. Yet did you notice that throw me under the bus?
Speaker 5: She'd have to voicemail at seven o'clock yesterday evening saying good afternoon the boss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's what how much she now realizes that there's not a strong unit here.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm gonna say, I'm going to say the code word.
Speaker 3: Now, dividing Jack Darwin, Darwin.
Speaker 5: Do you know what that means? Yes?
Speaker 4: It does, Darwin. Bye Bye, Jack, Hello Darwin. Get for the Jack post of the morning show. Anyway, back to Jacob the Farmers and his jeans socks and Jumper.
Speaker 5: He just wants to.
Speaker 4: Say that when you say good morning and good afternoon, all of the opinion that the good afternoon stops when the sun goes down some Jacob I can fill him under my overwhelming majority. Christian, this is quick and easy method to calculate the nine Times Stable. Listen, don't go any more. Please know more about the Times tables. It's boring to begin with, and I do not want anymore. Please don't waste your precious time emailing me about Times table hacks.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: To the Sweets Mount Rushmore will be debate with you for trying to find the top four, the very definitive best four in a certain thing each weet what would it be?
Speaker 5: This week?
Speaker 4: With the sad basting of the great Jerry Stiller, Francus Stanza from Sein found one of the greatest sitcom dads ever, we thought we'd do TV dads in memory of the great Jerry Stinner. So we're going to go around the team that we'll ask you, who do you think is the greatest TV dad?
Speaker 5: And don't just call us and tell us a name.
Speaker 4: I want to know why you think that's the greatest TV Dad, Ever, would you want that TV dad as your dad?
Speaker 5: Per's he going to go with? First of all, I'm going.
Speaker 2: To go with Peter Griffin from Family Guy.
Speaker 15: He's the stereotypical blue collar dad. But then that's an insult to blue collar dads, isn't it. We're a big fan of this show in our house. My favorite episode would have to be I remember he was trying to christen one of the kids and didn't want to christen them a devout Catholic because he's Irish heritage and his.
Speaker 2: Dad was a devout Catholic.
Speaker 15: So he thought he'd set up his own religion, and he called it the United Church of the Fonds. I don't know if I have We've got audio of that.
Speaker 5: We have got audio of that nicely queued up as well. Please rise, now sit on it.
Speaker 1: The fines be with you and with you let us a.
Speaker 2: I just love this show.
Speaker 4: It's a really, really, really really smart show. It gets that family guys sometimes gets a bit sniffy, doesn't it. For some people think you know that it sort of came in the wake of The Simpsons and South Park, But I think it's a it stands on his own family guy, so many great characters in it.
Speaker 3: It definitely.
Speaker 15: Seth McFarlane across the creator and voiced a lot of a lot of the characters on it. He's such a clever man.
Speaker 2: But love it. And you know, the.
Speaker 15: Kids are so so awkward, Chris and Meg and and he's so awful to Meg. He constantly puts her down. And then there's Stewie and of course lowest to the wife, the redheaded Wife. But I love it. And there's a lot of the family. Yeah at our house correlate Chris and Presley my husband, and dog too, Peter and Brian, his best mate, Brian the dog who talks.
Speaker 2: If only your family dog could talk? Could you imagine that?
Speaker 15: But it's how many episodes? Now, there's a lot of episodes. Are they still making it? I think they're still making it, aren't they?
Speaker 4: Also feels like I've just tuned into a podcast about it. Actually, I just want to know the TV Yeah, I mean, who was a head writer for seasons one to five? Okay, great Caul for that one.
Speaker 3: Jack, I'm going to go to the original Peter Griffin. Then at the top of the mountain is Homer Simpson.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The legend is never try.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I think you're right.
Speaker 4: He's automatically up there to the great Homer Simpsons.
Speaker 5: Would you want Homer as your dad? Though? Jack?
Speaker 3: He was my TV dad growing up. I watched that show six o'clock every night without fail. He was my dad and when I was growing up, even as recent as last night, having a discussion with my brother and sister about what the best series or what the best era of the Simpsons was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you argue about which the best seasons were? Which is what is your favorite episode?
Speaker 5: See?
Speaker 4: I love the Monorail episodes, which is one Conan O'Brien wrote, and also the I love the ongoing series I used to have with the tree House of Horrors one, two and three, really really really smart.
Speaker 3: We had tree House of Horrors on Taper is the only VADs we had of the Simpsons, and we wore it out in between the showings on chol Ten. Yeah, the Monorail episode and the episode where Homer goes into space.
Speaker 5: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're talking about the best TV dads. If you had to pick us four, the greatest TV dads to go on Mount Roshmore. Who would be on there. We're definitely saying that this guy has to go on there.
Speaker 3: Kids.
Speaker 10: You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is never try.
Speaker 4: Homes definitely up there. I'm worried about playing a family guy. Yeah, clip again, Okay, said takes Patsy Don another five minute Memory Lane season two episode.
Speaker 5: Sell Annim was David.
Speaker 4: He's gone for episodes one to night see some one. I make a strong case for one of the best sitcom dads ever. We lost him this week, the great Jerry Stiller.
Speaker 5: This is a place of business.
Speaker 1: I told you'll never.
Speaker 3: Come in here.
Speaker 5: I watched that episode Serenity Now.
Speaker 4: Yesterday Stan grouped up all the best Frank Stan's episodes, which was a great idea into a top ten and you can work your way through them.
Speaker 5: There's so many great ones.
Speaker 1: The tradition of fest of Us begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with your people too.
Speaker 5: You're going to hear about it.
Speaker 4: I reckon Frank's Kistan's has got to go up there with Homer. But for me, in terms of the greatest TV dad. I'm gonna go for this guy. If you've seen the Sopranos, a deeply complicated fine and psychopath. However, he loved that family. He loved that family. He's a role model dad. For me, he's a dysfunctional psychopath or the head of a dysfunctional family, which is this radio show sometimes, so I'd grow as greate as TV dad. For me, I'd go Tony Soprano. Let's go the lines, Christian. What about Phil Dumphy. Yeah, Phil Dumphy has to be up there for Modern Family, one of the greatest sitcoms ever, Such a funny show that I have tattooed on my arm.
Speaker 5: What would Phil Dumphy do?
Speaker 3: Amazing?
Speaker 4: We're trying to get hold of this guy. I need to see a photo of that. That's awesome. Coucy and what sonya Ed O'Neill, the great actor Ed O'Neil himself in Modern Family as al Bundy to me the real life Homer Simpson. Yeah, the originators and creators of Homer Simpsons said the Macroner said they based it all on Ed's performance as al Bunda. They said, if it hadn't been for married with children, there would be no Homer Simpson. They just literally stole a lot of it from him.
Speaker 5: He's great.
Speaker 4: Ed O'Neil was great in Modern Family as well. Paul's on the line. Good morning, Paul, Good morning guys.
Speaker 10: How are you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're good. I hope you're having a good week. Paul and TV dad. Who's the greatest one for you?
Speaker 11: It's got to be read formal from that SEMNII show.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was a good show.
Speaker 14: That crack up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, nice one. Yeah, I thought about that one. Paul. Thank you very much. You cool. Have a good day.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Simon, good morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah good.
Speaker 13: I was Tim the toll Man Taylor from Home Improvement.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what a great show that was. I love watching. Yeah, funny, funny, funny show.
Speaker 4: Tim Allen was the kind of TV god for me at that certain age when that came on. It was a huge show all over the world. I used to love that show. Yeah, really really good. Who's the guy over the fence? You just saw the hat Wilson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was very very good. Simon, thank you very much. You cool. We've got another one here. Uh shame Jamie coome oning, come on, God, Yeah, we're good. What's your favorite TV dad.
Speaker 16: Randy Marsh's Youth Park.
Speaker 4: Oh well okay, yeah, Randy Marsh is South Park. Yep, that's a good You were calling us on a c B radio. No, A right, that's what is Yeah, that is better, Jamie, have a great day. Thank you very much to call him. Christian O'Connell shoe podcast.
Speaker 5: Great news, Patsy about powder Finger.
Speaker 2: Oh isn't it huge?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They always said they wouldn't.
Speaker 4: And I even remember on Who's calling Christian when stupidly and naively I asked her Darren when he called him Darren Middleton. I think he called him because his it was it his mum who listens to the show, or it's his mum's neighbour listened to the show.
Speaker 5: Byron.
Speaker 3: But you also asked Bernard himself or Bonnet Fanny. He said, yeah, will you ever reform? Powdered, and he went cold on you straight away, and then you had to him back over.
Speaker 4: The So you know, basically, Patsy, I'd like some credit for you know, I think he did start to think about it. Bonnet Fanny thought about it after that call, you know, and.
Speaker 3: He's he's let it run around their brain for a year, and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it is great news.
Speaker 4: So May the twenty third, they're streaming alive come a home concert thing like music from the Home Front on.
Speaker 15: YouTube on their YouTube or yep from seven pm Saturday week one night, lonely concert.
Speaker 5: They're calling it awesome.
Speaker 4: That is really really great news. We should say we can stream that or something the rest which it will sound brilliant.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: Then Jack's got a conundrum.
Speaker 3: And now you don't need to know what times of the day I go to the toilet. But for this story, do you.
Speaker 4: Have like a set time I go when I need to go. I don't have a set time. Oh it's pool clock.
Speaker 3: I'm usually pretty regular, pretty regular. It's the first thing I do in the morning.
Speaker 2: Are we talking? Number two?
Speaker 3: Is Jack number two?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: My wife is always She won't said to me, I envy that about you. It's just how within twenty minutes of waking up, it gets done, the system gets flushed. She actually said I'm that, but went, don't you us.
Speaker 5: Oh no, not every day like that? On clockwork, clockwork.
Speaker 3: So I'm usually clockwork like that as well. Yesterday I had a surprise afternoon.
Speaker 4: Pooh, stay with this story. When he told me I don't need to know, but then we got into the conundrum. I'm like, okay, it's a brown conundrum.
Speaker 3: So I sit down and start, and then I hear a knock on the front door, and I can hear the muffled voices of Bianca going down the hall and opening the door. It sounds like her friend. I can hear their voices, and I can hear that her friends are over.
Speaker 5: It's just a planned visit.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't know what's happening. So now I'm like, oh, there's friends here, I better hurry up. Then I can hear through the muffled voices, so that the bathroom pretty much opens onto the living area, so they're on the on the other.
Speaker 5: Thing, it's because sometimes you can open it and go way, put the cat on. I'm going to be in there.
Speaker 4: A whifle opens the living room, person, so sometimes you can angle the door, watch the TV whatever.
Speaker 3: Dub honestly could figure that out if you trained your neck enough. You consider around the door. So anyway you're I'm on the toilet, I can hear the voices on the other side, and I can make out it sounds like they're coming. Her friend is with her boyfriend. It sounds like they're coming just to pick something up. So I thought, okay, this is good. I'll let them just grab what they need and I don't even have to announce myself. I can just stay in here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you can't say hello from in there. It's really odd.
Speaker 3: So then then five minutes passes, and I'm starting to worry that maybe it's not just the picking something out. Maybe they are going to sit down and have a cup of tea.
Speaker 5: Suddenly you're going to merge after a really long fire. I didn't know you. How long have you been in there? And it's odd. So I've got to se you were waiting for them to leave as well.
Speaker 3: I've got really difficult decision to make. Do I come out now and announce myself? Obviously I've been doing a perose. I've been in there over five minutes.
Speaker 5: And also, if you are going to come out, you've got to come out really quickly.
Speaker 4: You don't want to get any back draft my smell going out into the living room.
Speaker 3: Area, or do I stay and wait it out. The worry with that is if they do sit down and have a coffee or a tea, they could be there half an hour, and then I'm then I'm stuck in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Has he got like a window? You could have just got out and gone for a coffee or something I seriously would have done.
Speaker 3: Because then the other scare is say they sit down for a tea and then they just naturally.
Speaker 17: Every house coming up for an hour, guys, jacksonan.
Speaker 5: In is he okay with jack?
Speaker 15: See in that situation, I would get stage fright. I wouldn't be able to finish the business.
Speaker 3: No, I was already, So say I'm ray the opposite.
Speaker 4: You can do that rain or that is one thing performance anxiety doesn't worry about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So now I'm actually getting that weird thing where I'm sitting on the toilet without doing anything.
Speaker 5: Business, be clear what you're doing. You're hiding.
Speaker 3: So after about seven and a half minutes, I thought, okay, I'm going to pull the pin because if it's the half hour situation where they sit down, it's going to be too embarrassed. So I did exactly what you said, got up, do the door open, quick, door close, and then have to pretend like nothing wrong.
Speaker 5: Guys, And if your wife said anything.
Speaker 3: To you, like everyone politely didn't mention it great.
Speaker 1: Okay, Christian Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 5: What was the last time you're actually in this radio station? Was it March? End of March?
Speaker 2: It would have been March.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before we went into lockdown and you stayed out there in the world.
Speaker 5: You have missed? How many management meetings have you missed with Suth the boss? You have missed what ten? Twelve?
Speaker 3: You should have to make them all up when you finally come back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were with this team a lot of meetings because we're kind of it's normally when when the office is full, obviously there's hardly no one in the office now rightly so, like the sales team at the radio station, they're all working from home. It is mainly just the team on the show, and we're all social distance and as we should be.
Speaker 5: But it means that you can't as easily. Does it feel like you and I.
Speaker 4: Are having a lot more meetings? My New Year's resolution for last year was meet less, do more? Gone out the window? Gone out the window that you were anyway, we're having a catch up with the boss yesterday Patsy and she hits us with this idea. You know, we're just talking about how you know, a strange time we're in right now, and you know she was we were talking about how you know, people are being to see each other at the weekend, Like you're going to see your mom and dad this weekend today?
Speaker 5: Are you seeing them today, aren't you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're coming up this morning. Yeah, I'm very excited.
Speaker 3: But you still have to practice social distancing and keep away from family members.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't hug them, Patsy, No, I know. No are you are you thinking about hugging them?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, just give them the high five in the air.
Speaker 5: Okay, by the way, what's going on with the caked about? Yes? So you're going to make them some dried older.
Speaker 2: Carrot cake, now stop it. I couldn't get carrot cake mix, so I got orange.
Speaker 5: So your mum and dad are high five in each other right now. And they bought it all off the shelf. They knew you were heading there. They're like, gut it quick, get in the car, headed off at the past.
Speaker 15: I went for a nap yesterday under strict instructions to the love God into odds, please don't touch the cake. It's for gg tomorrow. And then I get as Grandma, Grandad. We call them GG. And then I get up and open the fridge and someone, namely the eight year old in the house, is scraped off half.
Speaker 4: It's the best that they should just sell packets of icing. You should just be by blocks of icing. It's a great thing. So anyway, Sue says about all this, and she says, what was the line that she said at the beginning.
Speaker 3: When she said, I can't believe a company hasn't yet made a domestic hazmat suit that you can put on to hug your family members.
Speaker 4: You know, as in the kind of thing you know, like have you seen a hazmat suit they are it's like a diver's it's bigger than a divers.
Speaker 2: Out there a spacesuit.
Speaker 5: It's a spacesuit as well.
Speaker 4: You can't if the idea is so you can hug, that's even odder than just being two meters apart going hey how are you?
Speaker 5: I missed you.
Speaker 3: Actually even mind pulling on the gloves of the has met ye and then showed us how you would have your loved work.
Speaker 4: Inside any clear reactor with the isotopes, you know, and the big PLI.
Speaker 5: It was like, hey, mom, I love you Mama, it's been too long. Cush.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much for leaves texting me saying you can buy tubs of icing the Betty Crocker brand. What I need, ideally is a wooden spoon that I press a button and it just sort of shoots out that kind of icing on it is that it's off that wooden spoon. I like licking the icing off the wooden spoon. I need a constant supply from a spoon that just sort of poo palls it out the portmo said poo.
Speaker 5: On this morning, it's Jack's can untrum eard you on the show yesterday.
Speaker 4: We're talking about when suburbs just suddenly move and get renamed, And we had anonymous call from someone who works a council and her job is to rename streets.
Speaker 3: Renamed suburbs, renamed streets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got this email yesterday yesterday evening film Sharon Morgan Christian just as a follow up, heard you talk to lady yesterday Normouslady about renaming streets and suburbs. And also Jack was talking about Australia Post and the promise he had last week with his delivery the itch cream.
Speaker 5: How's it all worked out. By the way, cream onm hitch gone, it is gone. This is great news. What a day, What a time to be alive? All right?
Speaker 4: Anyway back to Sharon Morgan Christian yesterday had a phone call from a guy who had received my meal. He lives at a Rugby Crescent. I live at a Rupert Walk. Fortunately this was an Hones person who rang to let me know so I could collect it from him.
Speaker 5: How hard is this?
Speaker 4: Streets and next to each other, but in Google Mats it gives you directions pretty easy. However, haven't said that. I think Australia Posts overall is doing an outstanding job. That's some Sharon. Yeah, I mean you hear about this quite a lot, don't you wear People have like if they live in flats, whether it's flat one A, two A, three A and you're ordering a pizza and it must be a nightmare where anytime you go to order anything over the phone you have to do that one or two line explaining it. Oh and by the way, when you turn up, don't press the buzzer for flat one eight that is our address.
Speaker 3: It looks like one twenty three bits one twenty three A. You got to go round the back up the stairs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I always thought it must be awful if your dress is a nightmare where you have to explain it to someone on the phone. I don't leave it there, or wear that buzzer or it says that, or you'll post go somewhere else around the corner, a couple of streets away, and you have to once a week go and get their posts.
Speaker 3: Well, often in a suburb, and I hate seeing this when they've got like a Barkley Crescent and a Barkly street, you know, two streets from each other. That must get confused all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also live at a number eight, the house that we have before we moved here. Lived there for ten years and it was sort of just opposite. This ridiculous. I don't know what the town plans are doing, but it was just opposite. I lived on Dorking Avenue and there was a Dorking Road opposite my opposite R road down.
Speaker 5: Why would you do that? Anyway?
Speaker 4: One day I get a text on the garage that have been servicing my cargo and we've dropped your car off and I think a snow car outside, So I ring them and go. You can't dropped it off and they went, no, no, it's been dropped off. The young lad said he dropped off but the keys, so letterbox went there are no keys more bortanly no car And then for two hours they can't work out the guys that he dropped off at your house.
Speaker 5: And then on Twitter, get this.
Speaker 4: I just see a tweet from someone who follows me going, we've got your car. I tweeted about going DM me, I have actually lost my car. They say we live at number eight Dorking Avenue. I was at Dorking Crescent, number eight. They happened to be following me on social media and listened to the show. Someone has just dropped off a car and put the keys through the letterbox and bug it off.
Speaker 5: They had my car.
Speaker 4: The occasionally would get my post, but the car is a bit much so this morning.
Speaker 5: Is your address?
Speaker 4: Or have you ever lived at an address that was one of those nightmare addresses where you had to constantly go and get your posts them somewhere else, or stuff as being misdelivered, or whenever you ordered a pizza, you had to explain in a sentence or two where you lived.
Speaker 1: Christ O'Connell Show podcast we're.
Speaker 4: Talking about nightmare addresses. Did you ever have a nightmare address? One of those where you always have to explain it to people and how to find your house or your flat or your apartment. Christian, not for now, but can you do one day nightmare phone numbers? I used to get calls from a business. There was like a one digit difference and it was a It was a business for men called Bodacious Babes.
Speaker 5: And two or three.
Speaker 4: Times a day I'd get calls from men inquiring about Bodacious Babes. Yeah, we do nightmare and around phone numbers tomorrow on the show, Today's Nightmare Addresses.
Speaker 11: Mick, good morning, Good morning, Christian and Crow.
Speaker 4: Hey, welcome to the show. Mick, tell us about your nightmare address.
Speaker 11: It is a nightmare. I have an address. It's a rural property in Paradise. Lovely place in Paradise. But my miles does not get to me. My last letter that I had sent to me took just over a month and it was returned through Australia Post three times. It also had three mile stamps to say that it had been returned. It had hexta crossing out the bar codes and saying send two address, and it still took over a month to get there.
Speaker 4: See, this is what I used to think when I should watch TV shows as a kid about Australia, like Flying Doctors. I'm just presume this was Australia.
Speaker 3: Sorry, mother, Dad, I'm going to three. You probably won't be able to contact me.
Speaker 5: So why is the address in Paradise? I'm so hard to find me?
Speaker 11: Look, I don't know. It's got something to do with the Australia Post system, but Australia postontents basically don't have Paradise on the list as a mailing area, so it sort of bounces around between a couple of post offices.
Speaker 4: That's what you're saying is make is Australian post does not recognize Paradise live.
Speaker 3: How many people live in Paradise?
Speaker 1: A few?
Speaker 11: Like one hundred?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's worthy enough. Surely have a post yeah yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, We've got to have postcode. But up there the postcode sort of covers about five different areas, so as long as it gets to the post office, you know, they sort it out there. But it doesn't even get to the post But.
Speaker 4: This must mean like Christmas, Birthday cards and like bills and stuff that must be a nightmare for you.
Speaker 11: By the time I get bills, they're overdue.
Speaker 3: That's right. When the day collectors come, hopefully they can't find your front door exactly.
Speaker 11: That's it. That's the way I look at it like if a letter can't get to me, like you know, no one else will be able to camp.
Speaker 5: Nick.
Speaker 4: Do you know what we're going to do. We're going to experiment. I'm going to send you one of our breakfast show mugs today. All right, all right, when you get it, when you get it, I don't know when this will be.
Speaker 5: When you get it, bring me.
Speaker 4: That day and we go, Mick the Mac Paradise, When did we chat to him. We're going to send it today. We're going to send it to you today. And there's this time how long it takes to get out to you in Paradise?
Speaker 5: Okay? All right, Mick, lovely to talk to you. Okay, a thanks mate.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: We need to find one of our listeners who knows his way around air conditioning units because I like to have it chilly in this studio, okay, But we have this very very temperamental it's like strangely working with another team member, isn't it that we can never control fact? Similar to Jack, But this thing, we set it to a temperature and it ignores us. Sometimes there's other so hot in here, but it says eighteen degrees, but it's like a sauna. Other times when we try and get it cold, like it's I just went to tourn it come back and it is so cold.
Speaker 5: You've got a thick hoodie on. I'll just put a jacket on.
Speaker 3: It's like walking into a phraser room in the back of a ust.
Speaker 4: Yes, honestly, it's really cold, but just all of a sudden, it's like an arctics.
Speaker 3: There's only really two settings. Pretending it's doing something where it's making a sound, but that doesn't change any temperature or ice cold.
Speaker 4: The only sitting that thing has is it decides what it wants to do day to day. All right, So we're talking about nightmare addresses this morning. By the way, Dane has just texted in in block capitals, which means it's something urgent.
Speaker 5: Christian.
Speaker 4: Have you discussed powder Finger reuniting? Yeah, we have, Dane. I was excited. You are great news this morning. If you're a powder Finger fan. They said they would never reunite.
Speaker 5: They are.
Speaker 4: They're doing a special gig for Beyond Blue, which is a great clause. Course, week Saturday, seven o'clock on their official YouTube channel, they're doing a whole live show, which would be amazing. We're trying to dig out the audio of when Bernard Fanning was on the show last year ye August last year, Yes, last year for Who's calling Christian? And I asked about the reunion and he almost hung up on me, So we dig that before it. But yeah, great news, Dane. So a week Saturday, seven o'clock on their YouTube channel made the twenty third Meg.
Speaker 12: Hi Christian, how are you going?
Speaker 5: I'm good, Meg, So tell me about your nightmare address.
Speaker 12: So we live on a property that's subdivided into two, but with each one has a house number. We love arrowbeats, and we're definitely not vegetarian, but our poor neighbors are and they keep getting our deliveries.
Speaker 4: So what you're ordering burgers, but it's going to your vegetarian neighbors.
Speaker 12: Yeah much so they're they're opening their door to things like bacon, hamburgers, fried chicken.
Speaker 5: To think you're actually just trying to make a point. Are yeah exactly? Yeah? Are you getting there?
Speaker 4: Are you getting the vegetarian options coming your way? They're like mung bean salad.
Speaker 12: No, but they did send over a really lovely dull curry the other day.
Speaker 5: All right, meg, lovely cool. Thank you very much. We have a good day you two. Thanks Diane.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning Christian from where beest.
Speaker 5: Neighbors?
Speaker 18: Yes, next to the love God.
Speaker 3: God mine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dane.
Speaker 18: We had a nightmare address when we first moved into our state because they left a letter out of our street name in the mailways and maps, so no one could find us when they looked it up.
Speaker 4: How can you have a typo with the map book, mailways? That's shocking the n What was the street address or your address?
Speaker 18: It's actually Minstrel, but it was spelt mistrel on the maps. So when we would give out our address, especially when we had our housewarming, we had so many people ringing us up, saying where are you? We can't find I don't exist. It's terrible.
Speaker 5: You're an invisible house. How did they ever find where you lived?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 18: There used to have to ring us and I have to stay on the phone.
Speaker 5: And on the phone. It's like landing a plane.
Speaker 18: Of them through the streets to our house.
Speaker 5: Oh that's brilliant, Diane, Thank you very much. You cool, have a good day.
Speaker 18: Thank you bye.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 5: I want to talk about pem pals.
Speaker 4: I don't know we got this yesterday someone was talking about pen pals and parents aways.
Speaker 5: Tell us about how she used to.
Speaker 4: Have one when you were younger, a little fellow in Scotland and you bonded over the nineties boy man.
Speaker 2: Ross, who is a girl Rachel.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's hard a tell with the Scottish's very cold up there and its hard to tell.
Speaker 5: Uh, And so we want to talk about it. Did you have a pen pal? After eighty? This morning?
Speaker 4: Got this? This is such a great email. Listened to this from Lee pempals because I was listening to show this morning. This is in the past, of course yesterday you know I was listening to show this morning yesterday and you were talking about pempals. I will tell you about my mother in law. My mill short for mother in law. Gwen lives here in Australia started writing to Doreen from England when she was seven years of age. This was a school initiative during the war. Anyway, they've been writing, exchanging gifts, photos, and keeping up with each other's lives for over seventy years. Seventy years now, yeah, I normally they didn't last more than a couple of months stood there, maybe a year, but seventy years. Never met in person for Doreen. Okay, So Doreen is over in England. Okay, she's the English counterpart of this. We've got Gwen the mother in law here in Australia. Doreen's eightieth a granddaughter got in touch with Michael McIntyre. Now Michael's come over here on The Biggest Comedians. She's pro probably the biggest biggest comedian in a Britain's Michael. He's a brilliant stand up and told the story. It does a Saturday night TV show, really really good one told the story. Next thing is Gwen gets a phone call asking if her and her husband would like to be flowing over to England to be on his show as a surprise for Doreen, who was going to be in the audience. They paid them to come over and be part of his big show. Her granddaughter kept it a secret for everyone just said that they'd want some tickets to go and watch the show. Doreen was randomly picked out of the audience to play a game called Soap or Nope, write that one down Jack with Nickless. People were put on a covey belt and she had to say her part of a soap proper soap or nope pass us for TV entertainment in the UK came. When it got to Gwen, she said yes, but then hesitated. Michael walked her closer to the stage and then she recognized her panpal of seventeen years, saying there were tears from everyone in the audience that she got to stay for ten days and they hung out together. Had an amazing time actually hanging out together and get to know each other in person. They still write letters now as well as emails and of course lots on Facebook.
Speaker 5: Lee, thanks for sharing that story.
Speaker 2: Isn't that a yeah goose bunt yep.
Speaker 4: She sent us a clip as well too, were the TV bits, So I'll put that on our Facebook page as well.
Speaker 5: I saw it last night. You will shed t is so moving.
Speaker 4: You know when people they actually don't know what to say where they're taking it in, They're just trying to process it all like the apple little update pin will going on.
Speaker 5: But that's a lovely man.
Speaker 1: Christ You O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Past of all love this a couple of years ago and when my teenage sorts were a lot younger. They must have been like sort of ten and eight. Me and two other families we had a part share in this pony and they were pony mad. Every weekend I'd be the pony dad. I'd have to go to these really really really boring Jim Carner's like eight hours with all these parents. I did not fit in with turn up in range rovers and with horse boxes. Tough years they were. You know, they thanked me one day, right, I was a pony dad. Often I had actually have my own high vised jacket. I used to run the car parking with another dada at half six on Sunday morning with stinking hangovers directing the traveling. But anyway, they were pony mad with this pony. Now they started to get this pen pal and he was a little African lad and a very poor Africa village. And only was he there pen pal. I sponsored him as well, so he got money from us every month and he would write these lovely sweet letters about his life. And then his life compared to my two daughter's life with their pony, was very, very different.
Speaker 5: And so this went.
Speaker 4: On for about six months and then I got I got a great gig to be the voiceover guy for the TV adverts for Macas in the UK for three years. Right, it's a three year deal and it was a great contract. And so to celebrate, said the kids, So I'm going to get next to special treat. Dad said some really good news and they were like, we'd like a news taddle for that pony. Now the think about a pony is the pony only cost me a couple of hunchred bucks. Anything to do with that pony so much money. At one point I had to pay for a pony chiropractice to go and see it. And I think, come on, a pony a car approke, someone's wrong with I'll just take some tablets.
Speaker 5: But anyway, I got to buy this saddle. I don't want to tew much.
Speaker 4: It was right, of course, an absolute bomb because I said I'm getting it anyway. So it was this beautiful kind of cow hide, immaculate saddle. They put it on the pony and it's it's not good. You remember when you get leather shoes. They haven't got a lot of giving to beginning, not one in you imagine this is a brand new squeaking. It was a bit uncomfortable long time anyway, I said, wonder, what's happening.
Speaker 5: You haven't heard from Malawa? Where's the where's the letters on the benbell?
Speaker 14: Go?
Speaker 4: Oh, he hasn't written back for ages. I went, oh, you're just to write every month. What was the last time you wrote to him? And they said, oh, it's like two months ago. So what did you actually say in that one? They get this right, No, wonder that little lad in Africa hadn't written back.
Speaker 5: He must have tore that up.
Speaker 4: They wrote to him saying, hey, Malawa, things have been pretty tough here. Our dad bought us a brand new pony saddle and it's really uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: He must have read that and go on, guys, get load of this. Read this. Wow, that's that's what he called first world problems the pony. So we never wrote back, we never heard from never again ended.
Speaker 4: I think the ps was plus my dad run out of virgin olive or the other day as well.
Speaker 5: It's been quite tough quite off week.
Speaker 1: Hello Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 4: Podcast from our Facebook page. Thank you very much everyone who leaves comments for us on our Facebook page. You do check them out. Matt James, he had a French pen pal. His parents owned a Champagne vineyard. Hell that is great in Riem, which is a beautiful part of France, southern France.
Speaker 5: He didn't like football. We didn't get on. My parents were devastated when I broke up with him.
Speaker 4: You can imagine a mama down in the morga and keep it going week for the invite.
Speaker 5: Let's us get the invite.
Speaker 3: I'll write the letters.
Speaker 4: I bet mom and dad were a devastated Matt. That's very funny, right, let's go to the lines. Amy, Good morning, Hello Amy, Hello, hello mate, Welcome for the show.
Speaker 5: So tell us about your pen pal.
Speaker 14: I have one hundred and fifty pen pounds from America, UK and Ireland.
Speaker 5: What's that You're running a company one hundred and fifty employees. How did you correspond with them?
Speaker 1: All?
Speaker 14: I write letters to them. They come in like sparingly. Obviously no one writes at the exactly the same time. But Christmas is usually the most expensive time for me because Christmas cards to send overseas are really expensive, so it cost me about three hundred dollars plus to send Kricklin.
Speaker 4: That's amazing, Amy, So give us some of the highlights. Where are they dotted around the globe.
Speaker 14: So we've got some in Belfast, We've got some in London, Texas, California, I've got some in Las Vegas. I could pretty much stay in every single state in America with free of charge, and I've got accommodation everywhere.
Speaker 4: So do you know what's You obviously know what's going on in all their different lives as well.
Speaker 5: Must be really interesting. Yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they're all kind of really stressed at the moment with the whole COVID nineteen thing, but we're kind of keeping each other teared up. And I actually share a birthday with one of them, so we call ourselves time twins, Maudie. They're all in their fifties and that, and I'm only thirty.
Speaker 3: So, Amy, do you feel like you have a personal connection with all of them or do you get a letter for them? Sometimes they go all.
Speaker 14: Right, Mary, connected to the more I know about their kids and their kids send me photos that they've drawn a kinder and and I get photos of their school photos. I've got to hit a whole book full of.
Speaker 5: A sort of extended family for you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'm kind of like the weird Australian aunt present.
Speaker 5: It's lovely, Amy, that's great.
Speaker 4: Hey, Listen, sometimes if you ever get some interesting stories or about that from them, send us some of the highlights who call us up and read some of them anonymously.
Speaker 14: Awesome.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I will surf all.
Speaker 5: Right, Amy, Thank you very much for cool Thanks, folks.
Speaker 4: I've just thought of another second one this week Adam Sander movie Time Twins. Him and Kevin James have to pretend to be time traveling twins. Oh far this week with Adam Sander Movies. Cheryl, Good morning, Cheryl, Good morning? All right, Cheryl, us about your pen pal.
Speaker 13: Pen pal's in primary school and then when he lost contact after a few years, met up again on Facebook fifty years later, and we're both going through breast cancer.
Speaker 5: Through you're in recovery, both of you. Yes, God, what a journey you've been on together.
Speaker 13: All through the same treatments and yet happy ending at the other end.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm glad that you're both in recovery. That's amazing. So remind me again. And so you became penpals in primary school?
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, we did. And then a couple of years later, of course, you know, being teenagers, you'd lose contact and when Facebook come around, I went, oh, my one, if I could track it down, and managed to and we've been friends at the tint.
Speaker 4: That's a lovely story. And tell me this then, Cheryl, where is she in the world? Where is your pen pal?
Speaker 13: She was in New York when we were children, and she now lives in North Carolina.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's incredible.
Speaker 4: I think that's an amazing story there, Cheryl, thank you very much for sharing it with us. I'm glad you recovery as well. Friends as well.
Speaker 5: Thank you all right, have a good day. Thank you for calling. Simon. Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: There are you going?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're good, Simon, tell us yourate your pen pal?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, my.
Speaker 16: Best mate thought it'd be really funny put my name in smash Its magazine in the early eighties and I ended up with four and a half thousand replies.
Speaker 4: Now smash It had it was a weekly music magazine, brilliant, really smart, funny music magazine for teenagers and it got it had millions of buyers every week.
Speaker 5: It was huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was the pempal section, so they took out a little spot classified advert for you looking for lonely looking for pen pals.
Speaker 11: That's right.
Speaker 3: So did you ever ride back to the four thousand they came in?
Speaker 14: Not all of them.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 16: I did make some nice friends out of it, and I still keep in touch with one or two. The postman really hated me at the end of the two week period.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, logan all that up your driveway to give you those all right, simon, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Have a good day, mate.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking, why don't you and I ask our lovely listeners would they like a pen pal from a pen pound relationship with Jack, with me and Patsy, each of us will be assigned a pen Poald have to write when was the last time we write a handwritten letter? It takes ages, actually physically.
Speaker 5: Hurts your hands. You just used using your thumbs these days.
Speaker 4: If you'd like to be if you're listening around the world, I know we have a lot of listeners all over the world listened to the show and the podcast now and you'd like to be a pen pal. We'll each get one of you, and we have to do it for twelve months. You've got to stick to it to at least twelve months. Once a month, you've got to write them letter.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right?
Speaker 4: Email me Christian at Christian o'connellshow dot com dot au, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 5: I've met this morning.
Speaker 4: There's a big spike from Google for condiment searchers. Jack and I have been browsing, going scrolling. Now all the various condiments you can have on the table. Today's condiment movies.
Speaker 5: You got some goodies.
Speaker 3: I've had fun with this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, me too. All right, condoment movies. You'd like a condiment pass?
Speaker 2: I do like a condiment like a marmalade.
Speaker 4: Oh, the nice tang of an orange marmalade. Yes, yes, okay, condiment movies. Mustard powers, Come on, Mustard powers.
Speaker 3: Silver.
Speaker 4: This is a gold get ready, get that gold medal out now, ready to hand shining it. Zat zek driver, zat zeki driver the Greek dipsa's zeke for taxi driver. Yes, zat zeki driver culture.
Speaker 5: I know it's a stranger here.
Speaker 3: Only because I've already shined it up. You can have the.
Speaker 4: Gold, the forty year old Extra Virgion Silver plus. Thank you, Chili Wonka and the cheese factory.
Speaker 3: See that's funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, zat Zeki drivers were smart. Bride of Chutney, that's gold. Horror movie Bride of Chutney. Mayo Brother, Where art thou Mayo Brother?
Speaker 5: Where art thou?
Speaker 3: Plus?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Jack, what have you got?
Speaker 3: You've got Mayo better? Ten things they hate about you?
Speaker 5: Oh, that's very good, and a little bit of culture there. French source, very good, Gold plus.
Speaker 3: I spit on your gravy.
Speaker 4: Gold plus great. They're a gravy one in there. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: And Chutney Chutney bang bang.
Speaker 5: Oh, very good number gold, I reckon you all golds there.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Rio young Gum producer on the show is a showing Jack and I a kind of line of the huge spike in Google searches in Australia seven minutes ago at eight thirty six when we said today's time waster was condoment movies.
Speaker 3: It's amazing Google trends. You can see how many people are entering that search into Google.
Speaker 4: There was a huge button also region by region, Which states which answer them are here in Victoria, but also in Queensland who was listening and doing it as well. The fun we can have with this now we just get a random word and get people to type it into Google and to see what happens to Google's metrics.
Speaker 5: All about condiments today is condiment movies.
Speaker 4: Sometimes even an average meal, you pour enough sauce on, it can be right, Just pour it on, stir it.
Speaker 5: In, all right, mister hollandais is open?
Speaker 3: Gold?
Speaker 5: Kate, that's very good.
Speaker 3: The relish father silver, that's a bronze.
Speaker 5: You marked it down? You mean, man, what does it hurt?
Speaker 9: You?
Speaker 5: Exist?
Speaker 3: Before I think about it? It's just and kremball. Try again tomorrow.
Speaker 4: The horse Radish whisperer, Now that is smart, horse Radish, revolting kind of mustardy thing.
Speaker 3: Silver, that's a gold one.
Speaker 5: Then the horse Radish whisperer. No, you be told, men who stare up for sabby silver, stupid ferrist builders.
Speaker 4: Mayo off silver plus Jason, No, that's not very good.
Speaker 5: Bruce l vegamity, brucel vegamity.
Speaker 4: Silver plus what Okate in Brunswick dejon in sixty.
Speaker 5: Seconds gold, that's very very good.
Speaker 4: Marty Wilson, Sandhurst and Sandhurst, well done. I know what you did last Hummers Silver, Uh, the talented mister Dipley gold plus very good, Mickey Boy out and Geelong. Nice work, My cousin Vinegar gold Mark in Parkdale, well done, The Curious Case of Benjamin Butter Gold and Andy Mount, Martha Worldham condimant Air.
Speaker 3: Oh a great movie. Yeah, Silver plus.
Speaker 4: Amanda Rosebud Tabasco and Cash Silver plus. Dude, where's my cardermon Cardamoon's carman again?
Speaker 5: It's a herb a spice, sorry's a spice.
Speaker 3: Ah Silver.
Speaker 5: You might put it in some porridge in the morning, why not?
Speaker 4: Yes, Hot Sauce, time Machine, Silver Inglorious Mustards. That's the mustard while the God much better than mine. Vince very good. That's really good in glorys Mustard's Sartine night Fever.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's very smart. Jay, And you're right there, Yoda. Ah, you hit Patchy then.
Speaker 4: Holland Days, just going through the change, Holland Days of Holland Days of Thunder Silver, Mike and Geelong Driving Miss Gravy.
Speaker 3: Silver, Pas Silk Fiction Silver, catch up if you can Gold.
Speaker 4: That's very Funny Willie Wonka and the Chipotlo Factory.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 5: Well done everyone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 5: It's the end of the show.
Speaker 4: There we go, Okay, tomorrow, it's Friday.
Speaker 5: I just wonder it's Friday so quick.
Speaker 4: It's a different kind of feeling about Friday. For the last sort of two months have been in lockdown.
Speaker 3: Men.
Speaker 4: Really it's meant another day, isn't It's Friday? He goes back to a kind of Friday tomorrow because we're all were doing something different this weekend that we haven't been able to do over the last couple of weeks. All right, So to be continued on tomorrow's show, We're going to send out our mug to Paradise today to make in Paradise. He might not get it for four or five weeks, but we are sending out from Richmond to Paradise today. I just love the fact there is actually a place called Paradise that is beautiful. Also, looking for your pen Pal stories and if you do want to be at pen Pal with me, Chack and Pats, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au and also Nightmare addresses Tom on the show. We might do nightmare phone numbers as well. If you've got a digit difference from a different from a business as well, let me know.
Speaker 5: You can email me.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much for listening. Title today's show is the Brown Conundrum.
Speaker 5: Take care.
Speaker 1: We speak to tomorrow he Christian O'Connell Show podcast