Speaker 1: Hey, Legends, Welcome back to The Mason Cock Show. Big episode today. The million dollar men of the AFL have been exposed. How many of them? We will get into that in this episode. Taylor Swift is coming on the weekend. Super Bowl also happened just recently. There's plenty going on with that. And also the last thing, and one of the most important things, is the Goggle Gang expanding. There's a few players that are now saying they want to join the Goggle Gang and we will break that down and decide whether or not we want to let them in. So anyway, on this episode, check it out. Starting now. All right, Brandon, We're into it. Let's start this podcast. There's a lot to cover here, including you becoming famous.
Speaker 2: Step aside, Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: There's a big cocks in the building. Uh yeah, I was actually noticed, not for the first time, not for the second time. I've been noticed a few times now. You know, people know me deal kind of.
Speaker 1: A big deal. TikTok. You heard of it.
Speaker 2: We're on it. So yeah, I was actually driving home from the studio and our boy, what was he Billy.
Speaker 1: Turner, Billy Tyner. Shout out to Billy tyner.
Speaker 2: I was driving home in the van, big unit it's like a boat with wheels, and I left the room for him to kind of swerve through look back to give Billy the thumbs up, to be like you can go across, mate, And he was losing his ship. His head almost popped off his shoulders and he was pointing at me and giving me the thumbs up, and I was like, mate, go go go. So he drove off and he was just losing the plot. And it wasn't until I got home I had a DM from Billy and he was like slipping to the DM. It was me in the car and he was just losing his shit because he was a big fan of the pot. So I wanted to shout him out off the top because it is a big deal when I get noticed, mate. So just every single person that notices me, they get a shout out on the podcast. I can't say the same for you. If every person that noticed you got a shout out on the podcast would be here all day.
Speaker 1: Well. I did have someone recognize me on the streets the other day, and it was bad on me because I was in a bit of a rush, didn't see anything. Then they sent me a DM. It was Clint stand Away out he was at a car he's driving past as one of those I didn't really get to get a good look at him, you know. And then he sends me in messsaries that was me in the car, and I was like, oh, well.
Speaker 2: He's easy to forget.
Speaker 1: Well, Hey, shout to Jason Lauren going and over telling you man, well deserved, excited, well deserved. I know I haven't got the call up, but that's another situation. But talking about celebrities like yourself, Brandon, the Taylor Swift Bonanza concerts coming this weekend, I could not be more excited. Don't give a.
Speaker 2: Ship we talk about the Taylor Swift concert or are we going into the Super Well, because she's I don't know, she's everywhere. So she we did the whole round trip. We didn't talk about it. We talked a little bit about the beads that you're going to give her your name on the beads. Isn't that how it works?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm hoping something maybe happens in Vegas after Kelsey's you know, won the Super Bowl, she becomes single looking for a rebound.
Speaker 2: Hey, well that's my theory. Here is like something happens now. There's the tragic breakup, and then a new album.
Speaker 1: Banger album comes out a Dell style from the huge breakup, and it's one of the best yet.
Speaker 2: So you're hoping that happens really soon. There's a quick turnaround, comes down to a Stine daze of referably looking on the rebound and she's literally just looking out over the crowd and there you are. You stand out like a beacon, all seven foot three hundred pounds, and you know you throw the beads up.
Speaker 1: I reckon, she's one of us. Only if you sold this footage at the super Bowl the she was chugging a beer whenever the camera got to her.
Speaker 2: Maybe one of you I would never drink irresponsibly.
Speaker 1: I feel like your future wife will definitely chugr beer at some point.
Speaker 2: He's a bad influence on these.
Speaker 1: Kids, on these get It was exciting.
Speaker 2: I like, I'm one of the subscribers to the fact that she's bringing new people over to the sport. People are watching it, people are buying merch. It's only good for both parties.
Speaker 1: I mean Tyler breakup.
Speaker 2: Clearly they're both in it for love.
Speaker 1: But I think I actually think they're great. They compliment each other pretty well, I will say that, and they look lovely, and I think they're awesome. But you know, if something tragic would happen the next five days, why I'd be upset right now at all.
Speaker 2: I don't like you wishing track.
Speaker 3: You can say wish she said. If it happened to occur, it would be a bit officiary.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 2: So what are you feeling about the Super Bowl? Did you watch the Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: I did watch the Super Bowl. Incredible game over time, Chiefs win on a touchdown and forty nine Ers had quite a few opportunities when it they lacked in the ability to finish the game.
Speaker 2: So you're saying they choke. Did the forty nine ers choke?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they had like kind of domin the first half, didn't put it on the scoreboard, and then it all started to capitulate.
Speaker 1: Which cost him the game at the end of the day. And then the poor clock management and stuff, and then Patrick Mahomes did Patrick Mahomes thinks and just trotted down the field scored a touchdown. Game oversee you later, and Travis Kelsey tell the swift kiss and yeah, I hold off the trophy. Is anyone else playing a touch to anything else that's going on in the game? Is it just? There was about twenty cuts to the swift, about twenty cuts over to her, and I think the NFL that's the only reason they were really filming the game.
Speaker 2: Let me take you through so first half. Travis Kelsey has done nothing, hasn't been cited. You think in his mind? Right, do you reckon? He's on a different level or is in his head he's like super Bowl, biggest sporting event in the calendar. Yep, I haven't had a touch. It's halftime teams losing. Everyone's tuning in to see my girlfriend celebrate every time I do something? Do you reckon? In his head? There was some demons because he ran up and he bumped into his coach, and it was a weird thing to say. I couldn't imagine you just going up to Fly and just checking him and yelling in his face.
Speaker 3: I would consume Fly, He'd just be like a bare hud could Fly would just be gone.
Speaker 2: I think the one thing that saved the Chiefs coach was he's a big boy.
Speaker 1: He is a big boy, Andy Reid. He's had a few Burgers in his day. But yes, he was like I think it was one catch for one yard at like quarter time or something of that, solid numbers, and he was not too happy about that and he ran up just essentially he did what I did to Radical Head one of last year. Just get a little chest bump, let him know. And I think he finished the game with over one hundred yards in like ten receptions. So not saying it didn't work, not saying it didn't work. Will I do that to fly? Nope.
Speaker 2: Trying to think of some big coaches that you'd want to steer clear of. I don't think he'd be standing over horse Na.
Speaker 1: I feel like Can Henkley's just you know, he's been exciting. You know, he's doing his jig and stuff whenever they win. But he's one of those people I feel like, if you got him, you know in the ring, he would fight till death.
Speaker 2: Dimmer could scrap. I reckon Bev. Bevo's got Bevo for sure. You don't screw with a guy with handle by a mustache.
Speaker 1: Well, moving too. I want to talk about this though, because there was a halftime. There's this big deal called the halftime show, right thirty years in the making is what Apple Music kept telling me. Yeah Usher, you know who Usher is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well I what yeah?
Speaker 1: What? What was?
Speaker 2: What was the song that you were looking forward to?
Speaker 1: Just getting around Confessions his Confessions like part one into Man That's what I love growing up to. Yeah, that was That was the og stuff. And it was a pretty good halftime show. We will say that did it? Was it better than last year's. I think the best hit halftime show, I'll be honest with you straight up wasn't ever. It was in La and you had like Snoop dog fifty cent, you had Dre there, you had everyone that was like what made rap what it was and what it is all one big show was insane.
Speaker 2: That was special.
Speaker 1: I will say Alicia Keys shout out to her one of the best singers of all time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think yeah, And like the power of Rihanna last year to be able to just breaknan to run the show, like you know, it's great that they wheeled out all the old rappers, but like you know, they each lifted each other up. You know, you had one Fitty Sense song, one Snoop Dogg song, one M and M song. You can all get around and do a song. Rihanna was up there prego just like smashing Smashing Usher.
Speaker 1: Also Katy Perry twenty twelve, that was a really good one and the Shark. Remember they had the shark and then the roar of like the line that I came up and I was like, that was an epic.
Speaker 2: I mean, but like, so do you reckon? The Usher? Was strategic going for that the female audience with you got the Taylor Swift, you got the Usher coming out taking his shirt off, getting all down with it.
Speaker 1: He ripped the shirt off. He was he was more excited to actually rip the shirt off than sing yeah, and he was. He was drenched in sweat at that time. I had friends that were losing their mind over him, just like, oh gosh, my childhood sweetheart, which just shirtless of the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Cast your mind back to the you know, the typical audience in the olden days where you were back in the States watching the Super Bowl? Do you reckon some of the you know, the old blokes will be watching around the TV. Yeah I should get into it, take that shirt off.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, but I think Alicia Keys jumping in there and jumping on that and just say again a little cameo saved it, saved it, saved it. They had to have some kind of female artists in there, and I think who else Luda Chris was there, who was a big one? But I ask you this, right, let's say us was probably not going to come to a Grand Final show, right, but like, who's an act that you would love to see as a half time I guess pregame show for an ANFL Grand Final.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they brought like this always gets brought up at this time of year, and should we have a night Grand Final and all that. I was actually extremely surprised by Kiss last year.
Speaker 1: Yep, like very good? Were they see it? So?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They were really good? Oh yeah, you were busy. So I reckon in that vein, don't like go away from who's a bigger name him and gravitate towards who's done stadiums? Yeah, okay, like that's what because they have clearly they have stadium experience and they smashed it.
Speaker 1: They rocked it.
Speaker 2: So I feel like pick someone that has stadium experience now that narrows it down a fair bit.
Speaker 1: Coldplay, Blink one two, they're in town this weekend. I think they'd be good. I think the number one that I would love to see Bruce the boss spering.
Speaker 2: He's so American.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's so good. Imagine if we're playing a Grand Far and Bruce springs, I'm actually coming out of the locker room to watch him sing Born in the USA, and they'll come back to before the coaches a dress.
Speaker 2: I reckon, I feel that's fair. I reckon, I'll give you that pass.
Speaker 1: That's not. Yeah, I mean, I think that's only only right to be honest with you. I think at one point I will say, this is a funny side story is on July fourth, a couple of years ago, whenever I ran up the race. I don't know who runs the stereos and stuff. At the MCG, they started playing Born in the USA. Someone was watching to be roll out like kids, you not. And I would more hype for that game than any other game. I feel like I've ever played DJ Charlotte on the decks.
Speaker 2: But saying that if they picked Bruce Springsteen, the only American in the league is in the Grand Final, It's almost so perfect you could say it was scripted.
Speaker 1: Mace Well. There was rumors that Bruce was going to play last year yeah, I don't know if you've heard these.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 1: Yes, there was rumors Bruce was given an attractive offer to come play, and like many things, it was not enough.
Speaker 2: That is also fair, But you did ruin my perfect segue into it, because I was going to say scripted, Macee, because there's obviously I don't know if it's a meme or if there's some underlying truth to it, but a lot of people they think the NFL is scripted. Now, obviously the Chiefs probably weren't the strongest team going through the playoffs, and yet they found their way into the super Bowl. The whole Travis Kelcey, Taylor Swift thing, NFL just they would be over the moon with the scripting. So I want to, you know, bring that into the AFL. Do you think if we could script the AFL, what would make the best stories?
Speaker 1: What would make the best stories? Now? A lot of people have told me this after last year, right, and there was you look at the last four teams involved. You know you got Us, WS, Brisbane, Carlton.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, hypothetically if it was Us winning that game in the prelim and Carlton winning their prelim, the Callingwood Carlton like match up in a Grand Final we've talked about on this podcast before. The city's burning to the ground. No matter what happens, whatever team wins, whether it's Carlton or Collingwood, there's going to be a hell of a lot of people pissed off. Things would be a help, a lot of people really happy, and the town is unfortunately not going to see the better end of that.
Speaker 2: It was actually borderline made me sick actually thinking that it was a possibility, because it's like, as good what does it would be to win the flag? Just the thought of losing it to like your biggest rival. I don't know about that. It's yeah, it's all or nothing, like you literally you win the flag or you will never not hear about losing the flag ever again. Yeah, but that would be a pretty big fairy tale.
Speaker 1: I think what would be the biggest fairy tale?
Speaker 2: I think personally, the biggest fairy tale would be Dimmer going up to the Gold Coast and winning them a flag. Boys like I Actually, it's it's hard to say it with a straight face because it seems so.
Speaker 1: So realistic and it's maybe going to have it.
Speaker 2: So hard to fathom. But I I think I heard that Ben King looks likely to sign a new contract and you know Thummy's nose to the free agency period, which you know, that's pretty interesting. Start retaining a few of those players, start to build upon it, and a lot of them are like, for lack of a better word, the castaways of their old clubs. They go up there, they you know, a fresh start on the Gold Coast. Now they've got the you know, the proven coach up there that has won a flag. As a history of winning flags, yeah, it would be you know, as special special premiership and the first premiership in the history of the Gold Coast Signs.
Speaker 1: Huge. Well, they have to make finals for the first time.
Speaker 2: To which would make it even more incredible.
Speaker 1: And I think they're going to do it. I said it last year and I'm just gonna double down that this year the Gold Coast Signs are making the top eight. Baby, it'll happen. Come on, come on, baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't think of I think the biggest horror story would be Carlton miss finals.
Speaker 1: Oh god, you said it up me. There's been a bit of news there's come out of the AFL this week. Nineteen players yes, nineteen players are now and then millionaires club for the year. What's your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: I'm guessing the way that you're phrasing the question, you're not one of the nineteenth.
Speaker 1: Not even close.
Speaker 2: So I want to play this little game. I want you to guess, because I've got the list here. I want you to have a guess at let's go with five of the.
Speaker 1: Players, five of the nineteen.
Speaker 2: Five of the nineteen million dollar AFL players.
Speaker 1: We'll start. One is going to be Dustin Martin. Yes, I think that's pretty well known. Yeah, Gary Abbot's out, Buddy Franklin's out.
Speaker 2: Your castoms back. There's nineteen.
Speaker 1: That's a Dangerfield, Patrick.
Speaker 2: Dangerfield, who's the president of the AFL PA. No, he's not the top nineteen, not in the top nineteen.
Speaker 1: Wow, Marcus Bonton, pellyont is in crips, crips is in Nick de cast not in, not in, not in yet, not in yet. We'll be in Gold Coast Science. Who go Tuck Miller? Now no two? No, No Gold Coast Sons player, Lucky Neil?
Speaker 2: Can we just no Gold Coast Sons player.
Speaker 1: They're a team, They're a team.
Speaker 2: Surely you got to start, as it happens if you lower down the list.
Speaker 1: That's two million on a mill. I don't know out there pretty much ever seen.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're all on nine hundred k.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wild is on the list.
Speaker 2: He's on the list.
Speaker 1: Isn't the list? Let's get it? Toll Ford, who's like the best toll forward? Tom Lynch as Tom Lynch.
Speaker 2: Os Tom Lynch is on the list.
Speaker 1: I'm killing this. Two from Richmond?
Speaker 2: Two from Richmond. Wow, didn't That's not even the most surprising thing, Brady goer under which is an interesting one because I don't know how many clubs are paying his salary.
Speaker 1: Three I think I would have a guess and say three three? Sure, I'll have to ask him who else? Who's off the West coast?
Speaker 2: What about a Collingwood player?
Speaker 1: Is there a Collingwood player on a mil?
Speaker 2: There is? How are you surprised?
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a good question, Brandon. I'm trying to think Scott Penderbury wouldn't be on a mill, would he? Not?
Speaker 2: Anymore?
Speaker 1: Surely I hope we recruited recently. Not Tom Mitchell. Is Darcy Moore signed it to your car? Not? Not quiet? Eric Quinn or some five.
Speaker 2: Years Darcy Moore is on the list?
Speaker 1: Is he a? I don't believe that. How's that a question?
Speaker 2: Hold?
Speaker 1: And here's a question. Contracts are not public, So how is this confirmed? How is this news? This can't be true. Some one should be suing whoever came out with this list because they are in breach of someone's contract by releasing information that shouldn't be published.
Speaker 2: Surely you one hundred percent, No, it's managers that leak this information.
Speaker 1: So then the manager should be sued by the players because they shouldn't be releasing their information.
Speaker 2: And get your percentage back.
Speaker 1: I think you get a lot more of the percentage back. They make four p forty grand right there. Banks managers only make four percent. Cheers up those percentages. That's like twenty percent of any other deal outside of that.
Speaker 2: Ah, I get that. That's what we've got a few others, not five. Five didn't Jeremy McGovern. You've got to put that money somewhere, that's the thing. You gotta put that money.
Speaker 1: Oscar Allen, he's not on there. Surely you start moving that money to Oscar Allen. He's literally twenty different positions on.
Speaker 2: The field not on there, but three GWS players are on there. Three can you guess? No, Toby Green, Toby Green, of course, yeah, Stephen Knelia Cogs, yeah, and Josh Kelly. Josh Kelly, great player, slick players in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and you got three on a team though.
Speaker 2: That's interesting couple from West Coast.
Speaker 1: But you do if your extra dollars thrown out to the from the IFL ToJ WS, is that how it works? Do they get extra money? Yeah?
Speaker 2: One, they would have to be very top heavy. There's still got a.
Speaker 1: Lot of great million Yeah. I know, they've got a lot of good players. Interesting question marks IFL let's check the financials.
Speaker 2: Petrarca and Oliver Us.
Speaker 1: Crack and Oliver yeah, Oliver still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tim Kelly over there in West Coast. So you have a couple that you've got to give them money to. That's pretty much it. That rounds it out. So nineteen players, but there's apparently there's going to be a lot more next year, Like we're just seeing more million dollar players.
Speaker 1: At what point do we just kind of get over the million dollar mark? Like the players are just going to make a million dollars and it's not a big deal because I feel like when we go okay, it was like, remember there's like four or five in the league. It was like, oh my gosh, these five players are like superstars. Right, but now we're at like nineteen and it's probably gonna be over twenty next year. Like do we just get to the point where we kind of accept that players are going to make over a million dollars?
Speaker 2: I feel like the start of like GWS and stuff, where they had to lure people up, like like Tom Scully or somewhere going up there, Like there would be people on the list that you're like, I don't know if they're really like the top five players in the camp, but they were getting it because they were you know, had to be enticed to go to Gold Coast and GWS and like they had Carmichael Hunt and Izzy for Loaur and you had to get them up there. I went up when they first started, and if you saw their training facilities, you couldn't pay me a million dollars to go train at Gold Coast Sons. They were training out of shipping containers and portables like portable classroom type setups. They were like yeah, and they're like eighteen year olds and they're like you know, go on and have a crack. It's very interesting. But I feel like the quicker the AFL, can you know, start paying more players at a million dollars, it just raises the whole level of the competition. I will ask you the question, out of all of the AFL players, who is the most marketable AFL player and who's bringing in the most muller for the league?
Speaker 1: I'd say he's probably making the most money. Christopher Troca would definitely be out there at the moment. I see his face representing everything. And also Melbourne has some very financially wealthy people supporting them helped.
Speaker 2: He's a good image.
Speaker 1: He does the cookie, doesn't screwed up like does it on Cooking Show and stuff. He's a wholesome guy. No issue with.
Speaker 2: That, right, But is he dragging in the most money? Who would be like, you know, obviously it would have been like Buddy Franklin before he retired.
Speaker 1: Still is still one of the most iconic players to ever play and will forever get paid for that, right as you should. Most marketable right now, I think you're probably looking at well the day Coss family right now is like such a feel good like story in the AFL at the moment, I think either one of them right now you're looking at they're probably the story everyone's looking at just winning a Grand Final as a team and a family and it's just such a such a nice, you know feeling right now in the AFL with them. Everyone loves the day Cost family, what they do on and off the field. I think that's the two most marketable groups. Maybe the couple, I don't know if you'll put them as a couple, Nick and Josh, but the day Cost family, I think is when yeah, it's one of the most marketable right now. Look at yeah, you look at the big players. Bond is definitely very marketable. I think Nat five. I know he's in a smaller market in Perth, but he just he's a typical Aussie. He loves to surf, he loves to beat the beach. His dad, he runs a trucking company with his pops. Like he is the wholesome Australian man, right, long hair, like, very attractive human being.
Speaker 2: Then you got the bad boy. You got Dustin Martin does the Bonds commercials.
Speaker 1: Yep, yeah you got Dusty. You got from the Bulldogs. You have Bailey Smith Cody Wetman. Also, those are two. They're very very attractive young males.
Speaker 2: Need the need the up and comers. We're talking about a fair few old dogs here.
Speaker 1: I want to shout out Paddi Lapinsk. He needs to be in a Bonds commercial. Up man. I've been trying to get on GQ Australia. I don't know how to do it. I've tagged him in a million times in all his post I need to get him on some kind of cover. He is the most attractive male. I'm telling you. He just he gets his outfit and everything sorted. He just knows exactly what looks good.
Speaker 2: I thought you said Isaac Quaina was the most attractive male last week.
Speaker 1: He's got the best physique I think. But Palo Pinsky's got the best, you know, facial features. Let's go with that. It's get a bit.
Speaker 2: Weird, Diggle. So do you think you're going to have some challenges for Melbourne's most eligible Bachelor?
Speaker 1: Well, a Quaner's single, Palea Pinsk's not. I think Quain's got me beat for sure. I'm probably a bit more desperate than that.
Speaker 2: I think they just give it to the older blocks for.
Speaker 1: The yeah, well, what's his name? Old mate from the old guy? What's the old guy?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is pre season this podcast we are dusting speaking.
Speaker 1: Of this week, all the clubs are starting their intra club matches. Yes, now this is something I love because it's just a bit of fun between the club Actually, I actually think they're a great time. I do. You get to play on like two different teams, You get to play different players like and I think there's usually you get like an idea of kind of who maybe he's in contention for AFL, right, he's at some point one of the quarters. You might play four quarters, one of the coreters will have like a bit of an AFL team, and then they'll kind of mix a match after that, you know, or maybe that's at the end. But it's just one of those things. You know you're not gonna get killed in it. People are playing hard, don't get me wrong, But if there's a contest where you can stick a kne in the back of someone's head, you definitely pull out of that contest. Try to save your player's life, right, so you know you've got a littabus security there. It's a bit of fun. Everyone has a laugh like different players get to kick goals and people get around and the fans are there and it's just a feel good experience, right. I actually don't mind it.
Speaker 2: It was always one of my favorite nights of the year when I was back working at Collingwood. The crowd shows up, they turn out, and it's normally that nice twilight time. It's normally this time of year. It's warm, but you get the nice, cool breeze coming through.
Speaker 1: I want to say, Wednesday night Collingwood Centric Club. I want to say I should know that, but Wednesday night, you'll be there, be there because I'll have to be so.
Speaker 2: Because the best part is if you're a Collingwood fanatic, you don't have to watch another crappy team versus your team. You just get to watch your team no matter what, No matter what you're on, the winner.
Speaker 1: The black or white team gets to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I was going to ask that, how do they pick the team? So you start to get a bit of a notice, You're like, oh crap, I'm on the white team. Or start or do you like go stand over near the bibs and you're like standing near the black bib It's like, oh yeah, I just grab one of these.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: Is there like a bit of there is a bit of strategy to the teams.
Speaker 1: It's no, it's I think they're usually at the beginning they put it evenly split, right, so you get the AFL teams kind of like mixed between both the black and the white team. But then I think towards the last quarteral kind of have everyone can emerge together. That's probably gonna be looking like the team that plays in the first preseason game. Yeah, and that's looking to play as the AFL team. So I think there's a bit of that. But they want a competition, right, so they want players to be, you know, justin for jobs. Like we still have SSP guys that are still trying to get a contract, you know, and still get on our list. So these guys are killing it, putting everything on the line, Like we unfortunately just have one of our players, you know, pop his hamstring. He's gonna have like probably eight weeks out or something like that. So you hear these kind of things, and these guys that are training so hard and putting everything on the line for something like that to happen is it's quite sad, and it's like jarring, you know, to to try to put yourself in those people's position. But yeah, it's gonna be interclub like it doesn't people don't not go one hundred percent like people do, flight out go each other and you'll see you guys getting like murdered out there.
Speaker 2: What's it like? Because it's an interesting one because you're there's some guys still fighting for selection, still fighting for spots on the team, but so they want to go one hundred percent, but you also can't go full one hundred percent and like risk injuring someone? Is it a weird kind of dancing with your sister? Guys at a moment where you're like, I can't really win if I don't go like one hundred percent, and I'm sure boys get competitive.
Speaker 1: You go one hundred percent. But the two things you probably don't do sling, tackle, need someone in the back of the head, right, Yeah, two things that are going to cause injuries between players, right, And if someone would do that to me, I would oh, I would not be too happy. There's there's common sense with it, right, Like if you're playing against the opposition, you have a free shot at someone's back of the head, Like you're going to take it, but whenever it's your own team eight, like, you have to look after it, right, So I think that's the biggest thing. Like everyone's playing at one hundred percent, But there's certain situations that you would go into someone like and try to break them in half that you're not going to do that in the intra club, So yes, is it going to be afl level? Like, yeah, everyone's going to be going at that pace. Is there going to be probably a contest where maybe like a Scott Pennbreer or myself would not try to kill someone in front of us? Like yes, you know that's going to happen to make sure that we're you know, have as many fit guys for a round one as possible.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen anything bad go down in an intro club You've been around for a lot of years now.
Speaker 1: For ten years. Not too bad, Like I've seen some guys jump in the back of someone else, But the thing is, as soon as they do it, every other player pulls them up on it, like and it's one of those things, right, you like kind of cross the line. You're in that game mode. People are finally getting that first sniff of being able to play like a full game kind of scenario and you kind of get lost in it. Sometimes you're like, oh, I'm in the moment, you know, like and there's the moments, so I guess where you probably should pull out. But in a game, you would never do that. So that's happened once or twice, and you probably pull the player up and say, look, man, like, don't do that again. Kind of scenario. But it does get heated. It gets heated out there like Entry Club is not. You know, it's not a lot of smiles and laughing and screwing around like it is. Quite the competition between the two teams.
Speaker 2: I did see Pendles once hit a top off one step from about fifty five sixty and I went through and I was like, I don't know if you're trying that in.
Speaker 1: A real game, not trying that like Jaden Stevenson. But yeah, the reasons he has, reasons of the day, he definitely did.
Speaker 2: So you know that it's a good it's a good chance for everyone to see, you know, players come out for the first time. Have you seen any blokes come out? Maybe they're wearing the goggles this time this year. We know we're recruiting people and I did see a video getting around from Tom Mitchell of a bunch of boys wearing the goggles. Are they trying them out? Are we going to see more Goggle Game members?
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell this story, so it's Team Feltoday, right, and I'll rock up and like I'm like one of the last people all to kind of get back there. I was doing on radio and I was like rush them to the club. And I walk into the locker room, I see like ten to fifteen guys kind of like huddled around my locker, and my locker's kind of at the end, right, There's not many people that kind of hang out there, right, your kid, there's no one that would be a dress on. Bobby Hill's put it on before and he goes down past his knees and I'm sitting there and I walk in. Everyone's kind of looking at me like, oh, snap, how's he going to react to this? Is he going to be pissed? And I walk in there's like ten guys that have pulled out all my goggles from my bag that I have of them, and they're all wearing them and they're standing together on the bench like it's a grand final day taking the photo together, and I just started pissing. It looked like it reminded me legitimate if I walked in there, and if you ever seen the minions and all the minuons like look like with everyone wearing my goggles. It was one of the funniest things I've seen in the locker room. And then I think the boss are just like half a second of like, is he gonna be pissed? Is he gonna like throw a fit here? Or is he just gonna let this be? And it was no, it was good, fine, And it was a bit of a play because there's two things that happened on Grand Final Day that I haven't really talked about. And I didn't realize this utunn until one of the players told me. This is whenever we got our team photo before we played the game. So you get the team photo on the ground and then you go out and you line up right, and I was in full game mode. I was like, now I kind of forgot about the photo. It wasn't like front of mine. I was like, na, time to kill Brisbane, and the guy was on I was like, fool, ready to go. I'm not taking things off to the photo ball boy no smiling, just dead pan, right, I look back like Leggy's holding someone's hand like everyone else got a smile on. I was like, totally read the room wrong, just totally screw that one up. And then the other story from it I learned this week was not only was I just in my mind game ready, there was another player that was extremely game ready, and that was Tom Mitchell. He took the photo with his mouthguard him He's ready to run, he was ready to rock from before the photo for this centerbouts, he was just locked in Tom Mitchell, and we both looked like idiots compared to the Actually I think so. Yeah. He was full like mouth god in, just like totally in the zone, ready to play, and I respect the shit out of that. Jeez.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: It was funny. It was a pretty good list the Goggle gang that was like represented, so it was pretty cool to see.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to become more popular, and we have seen Adelaide, former Adelaide skipper Rory Sloan come out and say that he's gonna be wearing the goggles this year, or he might might be.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's one hundredercent confirmed. He did have a detached retina, which is the exact kind of stuff that I had, and he had a little bit of an operation on that in the off season, and that was meant one of the main reasons that I started wearing goggles. So he asked me after a game about it once and nothing. Obviously hasn't worn him, so nothing really came from it, but he did mention, I think in a press conference or and mention it somewhere in the media that he might be wearing it. So the Goggle gang might go to two members. I feel like initiation is pretty tough.
Speaker 2: That it's like people be sleeping on it. Like I reckon, there's a lot more blind players out there than we realize. Obviously, Rhys Stanley came out and said that he has eye issues. You know, Brodie Grundy is always wearing his glasses and he's he said before that he has struggles seeing the ball. So it's like how special players are out there that can't see the bloody pill maze but they're too embarrassed. You're you're at the forefront of this, the goggle movement. Yeah, you know, you're changing lives out there. A player might be ready to be delisted. They chuck on a pair of goggles, they can actually see the pill and exactly what happened to me become a superstar Premiership player.
Speaker 1: There is another rumor that the Doggies player might come out. I don't know if someone tweeted this to me, so extit to me. I know what we're going on now, exed it to me that there might be a Doggies player wear in it too.
Speaker 2: See they're coming out of the woodwork left right in the center. But if they come out, there's a you know, a strict well obviously you've got to go through the AFL and they're very strict.
Speaker 1: Just sign a contract saying that no one void if anything happens.
Speaker 2: But if you want to join the club, you're going to come to the lead founder member, Mason Cox. He'll let you in the club. It's not that hard. You just wear the goggles, you're in the club. I feel like that's the best. It's I don't feel like we're turning as we talk about it. That's the only thing we ask of you. We're not turning your way. If you rock up and the goggles and you like take them off, take them you're a disgrace to the Goggle fraternity.
Speaker 1: Now we won't we won't make fun of anyone that wears and we're big fans of it. We're going to support twever it is that is the next person that wears them and yeah, who knows, maybe it's a movement.
Speaker 2: So we are getting close to the start of the year. The Intry Club is where everything starts to lead up to the round zero and we start.
Speaker 1: We've got weird terminology this year, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've got the practice games coming up, So practice game, I believe to talking all that shit about Arden Street and the hype going back. I think they moved it to Collingwood. And then you've got a what's your first one back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, North Malware, and then we've got Richmond rich.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we're back into it and we're up to the showground. So I feel like, what about this because we're getting close. Yes, I think next week is our last opportunity to have a real debrief one on one with the fans. Oh love that we get the fans to message in all your questions leading into the twenty twenty fourth season. We can do a comprehensive answering of everyone's questions and then we're in because we go practice game practice game round zero, we're on.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're talking about like Premiership predictions outside of Collingwood. We're talking like top eight predictions. Are we're going to decide who are Golden Team of the Year is. Obviously you had GWS last year, I had gold Coast. I could comfortably say that you won that bat pretty good. We need to choose our Team of the Year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and not only that, we gotta we got to look through the new draftees and pick out the new Fallast members that have joined this year. There's got to be Alice Team of the Year. We gotta, we gotta, We've gotta have Pelic members that were.
Speaker 1: Bringing in the poster. I told you some guy gave me a poster with the all Fouls team.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Do we need to put in the background next week it's happening.
Speaker 2: Don't forget. If you do see me in the street, harass me and you're going to mention on the podcast. But besides that, what else we.
Speaker 1: Actually want to want to bring something up I talked about at the beginning of this I have come to a conclusion, Branden. And this conclusion is it's kind of it's a sad moment in my dignity of life. And the conclusion is that I've officially become old. I have got into the three things that make you old, Breden. Do you know those three things?
Speaker 2: You already drank tea, so I don't know if that's a new thing.
Speaker 1: Well that's yes, maybe four things. Maybe four things. I've got into golf. I've got into bike riding.
Speaker 2: I wore I don't know mechanics, so that way mornings.
Speaker 1: And the third thing is I've officially become a fan of the Broken Stock. Oh god, it's a sign that I've aged, Braden. It's a sign that I'll be single and die alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm right there with you. I haven't. I haven't committed to golf for the sole reason of once you start, everyone says you get addicted and you can't stop. So like, I'm not. I just don't want to get into it, even though everyone's like, I played golf on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a commitment, it's a time commitment.
Speaker 2: I'm parking that. But I did join the Birkenstock gang and it was you know it took me a while. The first person that I knew that was really in the gang was Pendle's and I just.
Speaker 1: You know, I used to make all them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're so comfy, they're not company when you first get on it, and you've got to wear into it. But mine broke, so I haven't been getting around in them, and I really miss him.
Speaker 1: I mean these are massive, these things are huge. Seriously, their flippers you could wear them in the pool. They're like size fifty. I think, I don't know. I think I'm like a fifty two shoe, but these are fifty and just fit me. So the moral of the story is Brandon, I am an old sack of shit, yeah, doing old people things, But you know, someone some day it's going to happen. Some day it's going to happen. I've finally given in and now I am now officially a broken socks man.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you meant to wear socks with it, well, I.
Speaker 1: Am today socks. I've seen people wear socks with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the long socks, not the ankle sucks. I feel like that's a nick.
Speaker 1: Is it? Maybe we should go into X next week?
Speaker 2: We did. Yeah, I actually got good feedback off the dating segment, something that was like so profound. I had to stop and reassess the thing because I did mention I did get some good advice off the back of last week's dating dilemmas. But yeah, someone reached out on our YouTube comments, which I will get to saying that, like my brain is now wired to be all about online dating and the apps. Because he said, you know, people back in the day, that's how they would meet down at the coffee shop, down at the bakery. Down at the end, I was like, oh crap, Like, I fully shut off anyone outside of the apps. If someone does say anything to me in person, I'm like, I'll see you on the apps.
Speaker 1: I'll see you on the apps.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is true. The generation we're in now is just becoming so much about convenience, right, Like we can sit on our phone and just literally look at people's faces go yes, no, yes, no, yes, no.
Speaker 2: It's dystopian.
Speaker 1: It's pretty wild. It's going to lead to a lot of divorces. Yeah, pretty brutal. On that note, we might finish the podcast.
Speaker 2: It was a fun episode.
Speaker 1: It was all over, it was all over the place behave taylorst this weekend, totally stoke for it. Saturday night, be there once again. Apologies forever sitting behind me. Do you have beats to give?
Speaker 2: Other beats?
Speaker 1: Diabetes? I've I shout out to the people out there because people listen to this podcast have come to realize that I'm a Taylor Swift fan and they've been showing up to training in appearances I've done and given me bracelets or is Billy Brownless would call them risties? It's a whole thing, Triple M did.
Speaker 2: Don't except risties from people at training.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's so. It was a wild segment. It got real weird, real quick. But that is Billy Brownless Triple M. And yes, so I got a few risties from Okay, well I did, I did. I got a few.
Speaker 2: So what happens just before we wrap up and a real quick summary of it. Does she just get absolutely pelted with these risties at the concept.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're supposed to throw them at her. You're supposed to trade them with other Swifties. That's the idea.
Speaker 2: So it's like a frank cult thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think what I'm gonna do is I'll have like one arm that's like maybe like an Instagram handle, and then like one arm that's like my phone number, and then you know, depending on if they're.
Speaker 2: Calling Jason Travis, Travis just comes down.
Speaker 1: Jason is a cool one. Travis is the lover. Travis is the whole thing. This is cool. Jason's the best. But you trade them, so yeah, a few. But the problem is, I don't think there would be as many women my age there, but you to.
Speaker 2: Trade them with someone that you like, like or something.
Speaker 1: Just someone else you Yeah, you hang out with her people around here where it is, it's just trade bracelets with them. It's the whole thing.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm looking forward to it because it's just going to be so fun just sitting here listen to you talk about Taylor Swift all week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna have a lot of riskies next week. So good.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you get a risty from Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it'd be a golden risty, golden risty.
Speaker 3: Brain.
Speaker 2: I hope people listen to the context of this conversation.
Speaker 1: That's an embracelet, everyone, risky bracelet. That's the translation. Well anyway, thanks so much everyone for listening to the episode. We're gonna end on that wed in just weird note, it's been an epic week. There's going to be intra club next week. We'll go through that and we'll end up doing the fan questions next to me. All about you, the listener, So make sure you check out our socials, be involved, get your question in, what you're going to think about the year, one of the important things you want to know, and plenty of other things. So we're excited about next week giving back to you. The community does make this so great, so make sure you get on the socials, check them out and call them on all the different stuff of what you want to hear next week. We will see you later. Enjoy the way nice