Speaker 1: A good pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn.
Speaker 2: Brady, what our windows down?
Speaker 1: My worlds in the dust, only good fabs down.
Speaker 2: I don't much, but yeah I'm not. I'll and what I want.
Speaker 1: It don't matter where. This is the pickup.
Speaker 3: It's that time of day everyone, it's the pickup with Britt Hockley and Laura Burn.
Speaker 1: Do you know what has been really in my brain today?
Speaker 2: What what's happened?
Speaker 4: I just can't stop wondering if Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's daughters have an Australian accent or an American accent?
Speaker 2: Why Ie it's taking? Why is this your Roman empire?
Speaker 4: It's my Roman Empire at the moment, because obviously Nicole and Keith are Australian, and I know they let like flutter in and out of Australia. But the girls grew up in Nashville, so do they have like a Southern drawl or are they Aussie?
Speaker 3: Keith Urban has like a bit of an American accent if you listen to him speak. But what is not like it's not Australian. I think that just sounded international.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Where has this come from?
Speaker 4: I think I just saw a picture of them because they've been modeling and stuff, like her daughters are on the runways and stuff. Now, so I think I saw a picture and I was like, I wonder what they sound like?
Speaker 1: Are they Aussie or are they American?
Speaker 4: To be fair, Oh hang on, we've got to produce a grace is going to put this to be.
Speaker 1: Out of here.
Speaker 2: Thank god, the internet's come with some answers.
Speaker 4: And name Sunday Rose Kim in Urban and this is my first show.
Speaker 2: They're fully American.
Speaker 1: That was like a like a Southern Twain.
Speaker 3: The thing is, though, kids, accents are really malleable. So kids pick up whatever accents they've been around really quickly, like far faster than what adults do.
Speaker 2: So if you are Australian but.
Speaker 3: Your kids are overseas or vice versa, they usually adopt that type of twang to the accents.
Speaker 1: Imagine if my kids are German, because Ben.
Speaker 2: I've only yeah, actually that was weird.
Speaker 3: Look, I want to know, have you ever accidentally mixed up words that mean completely different things? Maybe you were flustered, maybe you just didn't know that the word was not the right word that you were using, but in it in context, it was completely the wrong thing that you said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's an example of this.
Speaker 3: My husband was trying to say that he was cynical the other night when he was sitting on the couch, and instead he kept on saying that he was senile. And I was like, hey, le, I have a very funny story about.
Speaker 2: This coming up of your neck.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: On the weekend, I went to I went to one of my beautiful girlfriend's baby shower and I got into a very funny conversation with another woman who was there who was telling me about something that had happened to her on the weekend. And I have secondhand embarrassment for her. She's a mom, she was stressed, she's got two kids, like you know, she had a six month old, like it's busy. And she was saying that she had an SUV like a bigger car, and there's rules around And I didn't know this, but apparently there's rules around loading zones.
Speaker 2: So if you have an.
Speaker 3: Suv or bigger you can have up to fifteen minutes in a loading zone without having to prove that you're a work car or all, like you know, you're there for trade or anything.
Speaker 1: Even if you're not loading.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, oh, I didn't know this.
Speaker 3: Apparently you don't get booked for fifteen minutes. It's like a little bit of a it's like a little bit cheeky, but you can get away with a very short drop off in a loading zone area.
Speaker 2: News to me, News to everyone.
Speaker 1: Maybe get an suv.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're driving an suv right now, jump on into a loading zone fifteen minutes. So she had to run into the chemist to go and get nappies, emergency nappies for her little six month old. Realized she didn't have any. It was like a very inconvenient time of day. So she gets to the Chemist and right out the front there's a loading zone and she's like, okay, I'm just gonna nip in. So she pulls up, gets a kid out of the car, runs in, gets nappies, gets back into the car, knowing that she's got this like fifteen.
Speaker 2: Minute time zone in a head.
Speaker 3: And when she gets back to the car, it's a bit awkward because there's a truck that's pulled up and he's waiting there to go into the loading zone because he legitimately is allowed to use it. So she gets into the front seat and this guy comes up to the front window and he goes, oh, look, what are you doing parking here? You know you're mount meantu and she yells at him through the window, I have.
Speaker 1: Fifteen minutes and an STD, which is not what she.
Speaker 2: Meant to say.
Speaker 3: She meant to say that she had an SUV, but STD came out, which sounded even worse considering the fact that she was right across from the chemist.
Speaker 4: Do you know what, if anything, he's probably gonna let it go, like the STD is probably where he's going back sat Sorry, ma'am, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: He didn't committians rampant at the moment. Off you go as you were.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but if you have fifteen minutes and an STD, you can run into the chemists take twenty minutes day your time.
Speaker 1: That's way better excuse than saying you've got an SUV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true, it's true.
Speaker 1: Do you know what? Do I do it? And I only discovered it this year.
Speaker 4: We've spoken about it before, but I spent my whole life thinking that the saying was nip it in the butt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I noticed about you.
Speaker 3: If you say it a lot, nip it in the butt because I was grown woman straight in that buttole, you're right in there, like.
Speaker 4: On the butthole, but like a cheeky little pinch on the butt, like if you nip it in the butt, that that person will hurry up and you'll get things going. So I always thought it was like nip in the butt, like let's just get this going. It wasn't until this year where I found out it was bud. It makes less sense to me, Like it makes so much less sense to saying.
Speaker 3: I think it's to do with like cutting back a tree. So if you like nip it in the I got it now. Okay, alright, look, give us the call. If you haven't mistaken something, if you've accidentally used the wrong words, we want to know about it. Maybe you also nipped it in a butt. We want to hear about that too. We've got Haley on the line.
Speaker 2: Hailey, what did you confuse? What did you get wrong?
Speaker 5: Hey? Girls? Yeah, until quite recently thought the saying was stabbed in the duck. I know I now feel bad that this poor duck in my mind was being stabbed instead of the dark.
Speaker 1: How did the duck make sense to you?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Where did you think that saying came from stab that duck.
Speaker 5: I'm really not sure. I think I just misheard the word one day and was like, you know what, that makes sense?
Speaker 2: The call hailey, hi, Emma, what did you get wrong?
Speaker 6: It wasn't me, but it was my brother in law. I had a friend conversation with him and he finished it with from the gecko. So I was like, ha ha, that's funny. I thought you said the gecko and he said, like, here I did, and I said, you fool, it's from the.
Speaker 5: Get go, not the get goo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So he was like I always thought it didn't make sense. Now I know why.
Speaker 4: I always wonder how, like myself included, how did we get to like this part of adulthood and no one ever called us on.
Speaker 3: It because maybe you didn't use it frequently enough, or like you know, if you say, like from the gecko, maybe someone just thought they must have said get go, because no normal person would say gecko.
Speaker 4: You know what else I said, far too long I used to say when someone sneezed. Because we didn't grow up in a religious family, I always thought it was bless you, like b l e sh bless you.
Speaker 1: I used to say, bless you cue. Yeah, no one had corrected me.
Speaker 3: We are playing this the Pickups Quest for the Best. It's the Pickups Quest for the Best, all thanks to Disney, and this is your chance to win five thousand dollars for someone who is truly incredible, whether it's a friend or someone from the community. We are looking for the unsung heroes among us. And all week and the last couple of days, you guys have been nominating so many people, like incredible people in your life, are in the community who you think are deserving of this incredible prize.
Speaker 4: Yea, it was really hard to pick one for today's nomination, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: They were all incredible.
Speaker 3: Well, we've been shortlisting, We've been reading every single entry, and we have shortlisted today's nomination. We have Braiden on the phone and she is nominating Amy.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Braiden, welcome to the Pickup.
Speaker 7: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 2: We're so good. Who is it that you're nominating?
Speaker 7: I'm nominating my friend Amy. She is a working mum of three girls, and she's been at both of my births of my babies. But then she cooked for me for like six weeks after like my whole family and then she'd clean my house, cook her a fresh dinner. My sister had two babies. She flew to Queen's both times, dropped her freezer. Like if a neighbor has a baby, she'll make the mill is going back. You would know after having two babies how important that is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like, especially in that time, Like I mean, that's when you need your village the most, right, And it's so amazing that some women who have been through it themselves, who have their own children, who know how hard like the fourth trimester and postpartum is, step up to the plate and become these incredibly nurturing, wonderful women in everyone's lives. Like, but what a selfless thing to do for the people who are around you.
Speaker 4: I don't have kids, but I know how much I love it when someone stocks my fridge, So I can't imagine how nice it would feel if I did have two little kids at a newborn.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my husband keeps saying we should have another one just so she can cook for it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't give the trade offs quite worth it.
Speaker 3: Well, Brandon, thank you so much for nominating Amy And what that means is that she's gone into the draw to win this five thousand dollars, and just because of your entry and making it through, you won yourself some tickets to go and see Disney snow White. It's in cinema from March twenty and Amy is in the running for that five thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Now, look, if you guys have nominations for yourself, it is still open.
Speaker 2: There is still time.
Speaker 3: Please nominate that person that you think is just truly incredible and deserves that recognition because you could win them five thousand dollars, which really is just such an awesome prize.
Speaker 1: Yep, so easy.
Speaker 4: Just head over to the Kiss Win page and that is where you can put your nominations in and we will be giving one lucky person five thousand dollars thanks to Disney.
Speaker 1: I'm in a pretty big predicament at the moment. Why you asked Laura question, I know why.
Speaker 4: So my Hens is coming up soon, and there's a lot of things I know that's happening at the Hens.
Speaker 1: But there's a lot of things, well, there's not a lot of things. There's one thing that I've been asked, do I want a stripper? I'm just gonna put this all out there.
Speaker 2: No, you, this didn't happen.
Speaker 3: You didn't ask whether or you're not you wanted it or didn't want a stripper. You've said specifically, if I'm having a stripper.
Speaker 4: There's only one man I wanta, Queen Channing Tatum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were like very specific about the person.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me set this up.
Speaker 4: This has been going on for a couple of months because I have become very involved with a stripper in Australia. We're very connected at the moment. I just don't know whether I lock him in and commit. So a few months ago, Laura and our podcast producer Keisha were saying, hey, like, do you think you want a stripper for your hens?
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, I don't know. I was like not really. It was like I personally don't need a stripper.
Speaker 3: No, but you're so generous you wanted it for everyone else attending.
Speaker 4: But there's like thirty women coming and I thought maybe they want the entertainment, And I said, I made the comment on the podcast Life Uncut where I said the only stripper I would ever have he's fake Channing Tatum.
Speaker 1: He's the guy that works for Magic Mike's stage show. Like he does the dancing.
Speaker 4: He looks identical to Channing Tatum and he's become quite famous. His name is actually not fake Channing Tatum. His name is will Puffey, Will Puffe.
Speaker 3: He sounds like a lovely, delicious little pastry Will Puffe. Yeah, he's a real stripper. I think we had a magic mind. Yeah, I know, just the way you said it made it sound like he was a fake Channing Tatum and a fake stripper. It's not just some random dude. But he's got like three million followers. Now the guy is legit famous.
Speaker 1: No, he's he's properly.
Speaker 4: He's like one of the main guys in the Magic Mic Show. But anyway, I just made the comment in passing, saying, hey, I don't want to strip, but if I had anyone, i'd have fake Channing Tatum.
Speaker 1: Fake Channing Tatum heard it.
Speaker 2: And he answered the call and he messaged me.
Speaker 4: He literally was like, I'm in like, name the chair and I'll lap dance on it. And so we started talking and I was like, this is weird. I can't lock my own stripper in what.
Speaker 1: Am I supposed to do?
Speaker 4: Act surprise when he walks in I'm like, oh my god, guys.
Speaker 1: I can't believe fake Channing.
Speaker 2: Tatum is here.
Speaker 3: Well, we spoke about it again on Life on Cut podcast the other day. The conversation came up, and then we posted that piece of it to socials. Anyway. Will Pafe, the man, the one and only himself, answered and he said, the lap dance is waiting, so he is keen.
Speaker 2: So if you are keen, he is keen. We can make this happen.
Speaker 4: It gets worse when I posted it to my socials, I posted this really funny real of saying, should we get fake Channing Tatum or not?
Speaker 1: I asked a collaborate with Will. I don't know him, but I just asked and he accepted it.
Speaker 4: So now my face asking if I should have a lap dance from Will is on his Instagram page with three million followers, and the people have spoken. The people have said it would be a travesty for me not to have it.
Speaker 3: But I want to know how does Ben your fiance feel about this, because like, it's one thing to want to have a stripper at your hands or at your bugs, it's a very different thing when you're extremely specific about the stripper and You've then been dming the stripper specifically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I told him it was a work expenses tax deduction.
Speaker 2: We're just doing it for content, I said.
Speaker 1: Babes for radio. I've got to commit now.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is no.
Speaker 4: Ben's actually fine, and I make all these jokes. I would never do anything that made him fee uncomfortable. I have had these conversations with him beforehand. I have conversations with Ben about if I can even post videos joking about a stripper. Like everything that I put out to the world, I approve from Ben because I obviously care and respect his decision.
Speaker 1: He couldn't care less. At the same He's like, I get it, it's fine. I trust you.
Speaker 4: It's not like you're doing anything wrong. If you and thirty girls want to go and have private magic mic.
Speaker 3: Show, He's like, go for it. And this isn't for you, it's for me. It's for me anyway, So it's fine. It's to come to Ben's. I don't know if.
Speaker 4: It's puffe that is a French dessert. I don't think his name is puffe. It's pa r fai t. I feel like it's parf a parfet.
Speaker 1: Puffet.
Speaker 6: You can over.
Speaker 1: So now I'm like, okay, you I don't even mean that. I don't want it either.
Speaker 2: I'm a happily married woman who has zero interest in getting a lap to.
Speaker 1: The reason I wanted him was because he's not an average stripper.
Speaker 2: Please don't tell me it's for the art of stripping and not because it is very hot.
Speaker 4: Because I've been doing Dancing with the stars having you found appreciation for the art of dance, and Will does amazing dance.
Speaker 2: Moved, Yeah, you want him to chart our on your hu HAA lovely?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: Wow? Well that went X rated. I don't want him to chart on any huha. I just want him to do his worm you know. Oh wow, that's.
Speaker 2: You dig up.
Speaker 1: Stop this is radio Live.
Speaker 3: It's actually never happening. Like I feel like it's gone too far now, it's too embarrassing and you actually can't have him as your stuper because.
Speaker 2: We've made it uncomfortably awkward.
Speaker 1: Now you're just trying to throw me off the scent.
Speaker 3: If he's available, I don't will give you guys an update after it.
Speaker 2: I mean, how far off are we? Like two months?
Speaker 1: I don't know you should know.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything. I don't even know where my birthday is soon.
Speaker 1: It' sit a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: I think it's next week.
Speaker 4: We have about two months to my HENS, so there's plenty of time for Will to rearrange his schedule.
Speaker 1: Watch those space.
Speaker 3: The story that everyone is gripped by is Ben Affleck trying to rekindle his love life.
Speaker 1: I thought it was if I'm going to get a strip before my hen.
Speaker 2: No, I mean we've moved past that one.
Speaker 3: But the new story that everyone's gripped by is Ben Affleck trying to rekindle his love with Jennifer Garner.
Speaker 1: We're surely not.
Speaker 2: So There's been quite a few articles that have come out off the back.
Speaker 3: Of some relatively cute family photos, like it looks like they're co parenting really well, they're getting along really well. And then a undisclosed source has said that Ben would really like to rekindle his relationship with Jennifer Garner. She's not interested at the moment, but he holds hope that in the future.
Speaker 4: That was that her public statement morea well, I'm currently not interesting, you know, come back, circle back after the next gen.
Speaker 3: You know, when it's an undisclosed source and it's just totally made up by the journalist that actually no one's ever said this.
Speaker 1: She's in a relationship. Yes, that's why she's not interested. She's very happy.
Speaker 2: She said.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, that's interesting because, like I mean, he does have a track record of this, right, Like he has a track record of going back to exis very famously, he married Jennifer Lopez.
Speaker 2: After a what like twenty year hiatus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's married a thirty five times now.
Speaker 3: Yeh, I know, but blessed, maybe they've really ended that now, Like maybe it's properly dead.
Speaker 2: In the water.
Speaker 1: They're never getting back together.
Speaker 2: Taylor's getting that together.
Speaker 4: But I don't actually think, you know, I don't think he pinballed between the gens as much as we think he did.
Speaker 1: I think he kept going back to the same gen.
Speaker 4: But I don't think he's ex Jennifer Garner ever actually took him back.
Speaker 3: No, I agree, But I do think it raises questions because a lot of people do seem to gravitate back to old relationships, even if those old relationships weren't very good in the first place.
Speaker 2: It seems like sometimes we.
Speaker 3: Have this very romanticized memory around old relationships or maybe they're just like an easy springboard when you're lonely and like needing someone to fill a hole.
Speaker 1: Not really wow, feel a gap in your heart like a life whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I say this.
Speaker 3: There was a really interesting article that Body and Soul published around this, and it was like a lot of people talk about it as though it's like divine timing. The relationship didn't work out in the past, but maybe in the future you come back together and you get this second chance of love that I often think it just doesn't work out because I don't necessarily agree that it's divine timing that one person slipped into the other person's DMS. I think it's usually that one persons single and you go back to familiarity, and usually you go back to something that you have romanticized. Is that it's like going to be a better version, or you remember all the best bits about the relationship, but you don't remember all the crappy bits and all the reasons why you broke up in the first place.
Speaker 1: It's the devil. You know, it's a comfort, it's easy. You've been there. You know you can fall back into it.
Speaker 4: You don't have to go and do the PowerPoint presentation again from like this is where I grew up, this is what I like, this is my job, this is my history.
Speaker 1: Like you just pass all the bs. I don't know if I agree with you so much because talking about divine intervention.
Speaker 4: I had a friend who was like the pleb version of Jen and Ben is in exactly.
Speaker 2: What you want to be called in life.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're not in the public eye. They're just normal people. But they got married at like nineteen twenty.
Speaker 4: They were school sweethearts, and they were together for a few years and then realized this is not it. We're too young, Like we want different things, We're growing in different directions. So they divorced proper divorced, didn't stay in contact like dated other people had other relations, not even like maintaining They were like, we don't We're not in each other's lives, didn't fow each other on Instagram like.
Speaker 1: They just moved on because they were young.
Speaker 4: And then probably a decade later, she had had a relationship with someone else, had had a baby, like fully moved on, and she was in the supermarket in this new town and she went down the aisle and she ran into her first husband of when she was twenty and they're like, oh my god, like, how you being whatever like and he's like, oh, you got a kid and she's like yeah, but she's like, we're not together anymore.
Speaker 1: Whatever. They ended up remarrying and having more kids together.
Speaker 2: So that's crazy, genuinely for them.
Speaker 4: Was that right person, wrong time They needed to go and live their lives and then they came back together.
Speaker 1: They'd be married now for like eight nine years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think there's always exceptions to the rules. But I'm a bit of a cynic about it. And I think the reason for that is is because like in my twenties, I was like the relationship ping pong. So I would be in like a long term relationship.
Speaker 2: We would.
Speaker 3: We would break up because obviously it was not a good relationship, it was not going anywhere. Then I'd have like five years of dating other people and one lonely night, I'd be like, Oh, what's that guy up to?
Speaker 2: And I'd go back.
Speaker 3: I often would end up redating people that I had had long term relationships with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have analyzed you over the years, though, it's because you were a monkey brancher from relationships and if there wasn't a new relationship for you to monkey branch too, you monkey branch back I did.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, we don't need to psychoanalyze me on the show.
Speaker 1: We've already. I've spent six years psychoanalyzing you.
Speaker 2: I know I was a hot mess in my twenties. Everyone, it was not good. Thank God for that Bachelor show. Look, that's the end of the show, guys.