Speaker 1: I heard podcasts, hear more kids podcasts, playlists and listen live on the free ihard.
Speaker 2: Ap the Will and Woody podcast.
Speaker 1: Timberland is a performer and he was doing producer.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he does perform. I think he just came in the background.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is so interesting you bring this up because I know he's known for being a producer, like behind the scenes. Right, So why then was he performing at a Polish summer festival. Right, It's like, surely you're not the singer he is though, So he gets on stage and he famously is on a song with Nellie Fatado called say It Right this one?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 4: Sorry, so that's him he does that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's more of an A than a year. I'm hearing it.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's an A.
Speaker 3: Or no, hang on, it's it's a It's not yeah. You've yelled yeah, because I don't I know what your phone joping is now, so I know I've taken a big pill in it. But I think everyone agrees it's an a. It's not a yeah, everyone else, Yeah, it's not a. Yeah, it's not a yeah. You're trying to play ball now, you're trying to play ball, it's oh, it's a no, it's yeah. You just wanted you just want to be on my.
Speaker 2: Team, which is the back half of yeah Yeah Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's a short back half. It's a short yeah y. I want to I want to give you a laugh.
Speaker 1: So he's in poland make me laugh, don't touch me there he plays he plays that song okay, and it's just the backing vocals and him on stage just going listen.
Speaker 5: Wow, wow, wow.
Speaker 3: Going How many does he how many does he do?
Speaker 4: I like, well, the whole song. He does, the whole song.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's joking or not, but it's inspired me will because he's obviously saying yeah and not a.
Speaker 3: On the live cut, you can really hear what it is.
Speaker 4: Thirteen one oh sixty five is our number.
Speaker 1: What song has the best year in it?
Speaker 4: It's a go to for so many songs when you hear.
Speaker 3: It's a really well timed yeah can make a song.
Speaker 1: Absolutely and case and point from my boys, the Backstreet Boys, this is comfortably my favorite year in any song.
Speaker 4: Play it.
Speaker 6: Yeah Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: I really like it when they did that bit where he goes.
Speaker 1: I am a sex you are Yeah, because it can really split up a dance for who are the yeah people?
Speaker 4: Who are the lyricists? And I personally love that.
Speaker 1: Thirteen one oh sixty five, though, over to you guys, what song do you believe has the best year in it?
Speaker 4: And A Lisa? I believe you've got an example?
Speaker 2: Yes, my favorite one is from the script Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah what.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one even thinks it's a yeah.
Speaker 4: The more subtle the year is, the better.
Speaker 3: I disagree, you guys. That means you guys have just got poor music knowledge, and you can ower. I agree. It is easily the best year that's ever being center So yeah good, yeah, really good. Yeah, unbelievable, really good, unbelievable. Yeah, doesn't gk any better than that?
Speaker 4: Joe, Joe, You've got a Yeah.
Speaker 7: Every time I hear this song, I say, hell yeah, Oh yeah, that's a.
Speaker 4: Real it's a real in your face yeah. I mean the song is called yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Over to you guys, thirteen one oh sixty five, what is the best yeah in a song?
Speaker 4: And we might accept it A it's just gotta have.
Speaker 3: I think we'd have to.
Speaker 4: It's gotta have.
Speaker 3: That's what Timberland says.
Speaker 1: It's got to have seventy five percent of year in it, so yeah or oh whatever, anything goes.
Speaker 4: He's on the stage for the whole song just crazy.
Speaker 3: I was reading before that. Tim Land was born in the seventies as well, so let you think about it. It's just a sixty year old man crazy, just back there, just going and Pauland loved it.
Speaker 4: Pauland loved everyone of their shoes out shaking their shoes. Don't you put your shoe up? Song of the festival.
Speaker 3: So that's that's just a Meridith music festival things? Is that rights an indication of how many music festivals you've actually been to?
Speaker 4: Which is any?
Speaker 3: Which is lovely? Not many?
Speaker 1: Let's go to Sophie here, Sophie, what song do you think has the best?
Speaker 3: Yeah in it?
Speaker 8: Well it's an older but a goodie the Beatles?
Speaker 9: Who loves you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I love it?
Speaker 4: You love the repetition of the year as well? There, don't you? Sophie?
Speaker 9: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: And you know absolutely Sophie well played Amy Analyst recently did the fact.
Speaker 3: Actually, Sophie, she's a Beatles and I'm not sure if she's still there, but so I'm not sure he's still there, but analyst went to London recently to go to Avy Road. Im, she walked the wrong way across the crossing.
Speaker 1: Devastated. Ay, here got the photo? Don got the photo?
Speaker 4: Can you flip the photo to make it look better?
Speaker 2: Obviously I didn't do.
Speaker 3: It when you saw everyone else walking the other way though.
Speaker 2: Well no one did. I wasn't the only Actually no, now that you point that out, but I didn't even think of that.
Speaker 4: Was no one quelling on this side of the road. How strange loophole your thoughts. Let's go to Amy here, Amy, what song do you think has the best?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: In it?
Speaker 8: I'm bringing Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do we get the wrong part of the song?
Speaker 9: Wait for it?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: Is that tim Blanta could be?
Speaker 3: Oh god? I mean, do we have to do it all? We know it's in there somewhere. I'm done, I'm done. We've got to hear No, we don't. And also justin teim late get on the nose, on the nose. Okay, let's go to Sophie. Sophie, Sophie, what song has the best year?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: By Outcast?
Speaker 9: Definitely?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that the year? Is the year? The ya? Is that what you're saying, Sophie? Yeah, I get there. I mean again, we'll go back to hang On.
Speaker 1: There's a bit where he goes on the ladies in occurred say hell yeah right, hell yeah ye. The song though, I think it's yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: It's close enough, Sophie, I don't think it is.
Speaker 3: And this is where you were with Timberland at the start as well, and Nellie it's a and it's yeah, they're different words.
Speaker 4: But Sophie's Will.
Speaker 3: If you're in South if you're in South Africa, Sophie, I give it to you. But we're just not.
Speaker 4: Hey, y'all, we've got a lot of South African did you get No?
Speaker 3: There are there are lots that's got Jonathan. Hey, that's how they say you keep down big.
Speaker 4: Hello to West South African listeners.
Speaker 1: Jonathan, what song has the best year in it?
Speaker 4: Jonathan?
Speaker 3: I heard Lenny Kravitz, I heard fly Away.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, good, it's dub that's easily the best one.
Speaker 3: Actually, Full Convert Battle of the Gens is right up next year. Your producer analysts in here, it's Will and Woodies Battle of the Jams.
Speaker 1: So it's basically who's more in touch with pop culture? Yes, just two is in touch?
Speaker 3: Need to be pop culture.
Speaker 1: It's just the things that all should know. To be a human being on this planet should know these things. So first one is an audio question at least, and the question to you before you before you.
Speaker 3: Fire off, there was I just wanted to give analyse, but a live feedback.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I had a confident from a friend the other day. I love that bit that you guys do with the chick with the brown hair.
Speaker 2: Oh that's so nice. Yes, oh my god, how lovely.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, well it turned out. Yeah, I was surprised, but yes it was you.
Speaker 2: That is me. I did change your hair color recently for a while, and that did not nobody cares.
Speaker 3: Let's do the first bit.
Speaker 4: It's an audio one.
Speaker 1: Okay, while you're listening to this, the question is which president said this speech?
Speaker 3: The fourth of July will no longer be known as an American.
Speaker 10: Holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice, we will.
Speaker 3: Not go quietly into the night.
Speaker 5: This is a we will not vanish without a fight.
Speaker 4: We're going to live on.
Speaker 3: We're going to survive.
Speaker 1: We got it from ut celebrate our independence day?
Speaker 2: Was this when fourth of July became Independence Day?
Speaker 4: But who said that? Which President said.
Speaker 2: That, my gosh, So before question is when.
Speaker 3: Did fourth of July become Independence Day?
Speaker 2: That's a good question, I'd say, like the sixties. So I'm going to say it's JFK.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I can't. I can't give the straight raising more John Kennedy before before.
Speaker 4: He was assassinated before. Yes, so that's JFK.
Speaker 2: Well, I was going to say, but can I can I say my first initial thought that I thought it was I thought that was an AI version of Donald Trump. It's definitely it's probably not exactly what it sounds. It sounds like Donald Trump.
Speaker 4: It's not Trump, it's oh my gosh, said Donald Trump. Okay, can do you whann to lock in Donald Trump? Or doohn to lock in JFK?
Speaker 2: I want to lock in JFK because it feels more timely.
Speaker 3: But can we first of all, first of all, can I can before we get into the actor, can I just just because we said it was relevance in general, America did not become independent in nineteen sixty Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, like.
Speaker 3: Seventeen seventeen seventy six. I'm pretty sure that's when they changed up to their independence of their decoration.
Speaker 2: So is this like is it Martin Luther King.
Speaker 3: It's not Martin Luther King. There's a few things flying around here. So first, thank you, I'm loving everyone. Any other? Any other? Does anyone outside?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Do you go on?
Speaker 11: Let's know, I guess I feel like it's a trick question.
Speaker 3: Is that look at your all? A movie?
Speaker 4: So well?
Speaker 11: I love it to be.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a great real on social media already, Sexty ask is lighting up over this one. He won't know that.
Speaker 4: It's not a trick question.
Speaker 3: It's not a trick question.
Speaker 4: Have said to you? Is which president said this speech? Do you have an answer?
Speaker 2: Joe Ronald Reagan?
Speaker 3: Awesome? This is great. Better than that. We should take some calls which president made that speech on thirteen one and six five? How do I know?
Speaker 4: I just don't know which ones to put across because I don't know what the answer is. Just put them straight on? Yeah, it was put him straight on?
Speaker 3: Yeah. And maybe if, if we'll play it again on the other side, and maybe you can tell everyone why he's referencing Independence Day. That would be cool as well.
Speaker 5: We will not vanish without a fight.
Speaker 4: We're going to live on.
Speaker 3: We're going to survive.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 3: We celebrate our Independence Day.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now, before the song you went with JFK.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He then thought maybe Trump.
Speaker 2: And then I thought Ai Trump, and then I.
Speaker 4: Think I think there was Martin Luther King in there as well.
Speaker 3: That did get thrown in it get if we had to, if we really had to. One of the producers written, Abraham Lincoln in the.
Speaker 1: Chat apparently Joe, so your brother texts you Joe, Oh yeah, my brothers is seeing he's twenty three.
Speaker 2: He said, Abraham Lincoln.
Speaker 1: Should we go to the call like this? Shrawd will rub further asault in the wound. I think when we see like the phone lines are full, the.
Speaker 3: Millennials have picked up, they're thirty and they have come roaring in Danniel Which president said that speech? Thomas Jefferson, Thomas, No, no.
Speaker 1: No, Dannyelle's got Emily, Emily, which president said that speech?
Speaker 12: It's the actor Bill Horman in the movie Independence.
Speaker 3: My God, thank.
Speaker 4: You so much, Emily. So many more people have got that.
Speaker 1: Now analy's based on that school Emily. Have you ever heard of the movie Independence?
Speaker 2: I have heard of the movie Independence Day.
Speaker 4: What's it about?
Speaker 2: Well, based of that audio that we just heard, it's actually not about America going independent. It's about the world going independent and they're all having a day where they are independent and.
Speaker 1: So and so sorry that the movie is just about American You think.
Speaker 2: America was It's like America's Independence Day. But then I think they were like, why just have this for us, Let's have this world thing love, and that's why he says the world has independent stone and.
Speaker 4: Then everyone needs a global thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, So then on July fourth, in Independence Day of the movie, everyone celebrates independence.
Speaker 4: So what actually happened in the movie though? Such just a political.
Speaker 2: Movie, That's what I would say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you.
Speaker 1: Think this is one of the at the time, one of the highest grossing movie movies made every and you think lots of people just went to go and watch a political drama.
Speaker 2: I think that sometimes because like you know, you look at The Crown on Netflix and everyone watches it. True truth, everyone loves that.
Speaker 3: Look at the crowds, you look at the Crown.
Speaker 4: Who's in it? Do you know? Do you know who's who?
Speaker 2: I keep tricking my brain with. I keep thinking that Matthew McConaughey is in it because he's Interstellar. But I keep thinking Interstellar was Independent.
Speaker 3: Why do you think interstell is why there's a link. There's a link between Interstellar and Independent State.
Speaker 2: The director Christopher Nolan.
Speaker 3: Christ Independent State.
Speaker 4: If I said to you Will Smith, Will Smith, Smith, Will Smith, is the movie coming to you now? I said, Jeff Goldblum.
Speaker 3: Name, just give me, give me, give me one give me. There's a there's a big thing in Independence Day that you're missing. Give me one word that you think it is, and this one word and I'll tell you what it is afterwards. One word that is Independent State. You guys can ever guess outside as well. If you looked at the movie up.
Speaker 2: I'd say flag or something.
Speaker 4: Flags say America, America, America.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes a big thing that we're missing it.
Speaker 4: What John is it?
Speaker 3: It sounds a drama. It's not a drama. It's not a comedy. It's Independentation.
Speaker 4: Listen to the speech.
Speaker 1: It sounds a bit like he's rousing the crowd, Like when would you rouse a crowd to like, come.
Speaker 4: On follow me?
Speaker 2: Comedy show, thriller.
Speaker 3: You're getting closer, horror closer.
Speaker 4: Mixture of that, mixture of both of those things. Thriller, horror, yes, and what happens the world Expo.
Speaker 3: Close.
Speaker 4: Will it's about aliens, Aliens in Back against the Alien.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what I'm saying. It's a link there sci Fi.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Fi it's a great movie. You should watch it.
Speaker 2: I will. I put it on my list, so will.
Speaker 4: Bird flu it's a thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to warn people like this, This amazing idea does spawn from some pretty sad news.
Speaker 4: So bird flu is absolutely Athense. It's back. It's back, and there's birds. Sorry, why is it in the birds? No idea, ask a scientist.
Speaker 1: But basically there's a mass not on birds, not with birds anyway. There's been a mass culling of flocks of geese and poultry across East and Central Asia. Okay, like I said, sad news speaking that has led to an increase in the price of shuttle cocks. Why right, Because shuttle cocks use bird feathers. The legit shuttlecocks use sixteen feathers from the left wing of either a duck or a goose. And because of the culling of ducks and goose, geese, geese, the price of shuttle cocks is skyrocketing. Okay, William, And let me tell you something else. A decade ago. They x as thirty, which is a specific type of shuttle cock. Yeah, used to cost thirty dollars for one. Huh, yes's expensive, mate. So it's it's sixteen feathers of a bird and they can only take three from each bird.
Speaker 3: I can. I can get myself a chook from red rooster for ten dollars. You can so thirty dollars for a shower cock. Seme stick. That's a whole bird.
Speaker 1: Feather a little bit off the left, a little bit off anyway, that's the price, mate.
Speaker 4: I don't set the price mate.
Speaker 1: With a shortage of birds, are you putting the dots together yet?
Speaker 3: Buy the shuttle cocks now and sell them back later we go.
Speaker 1: We've got a number of a badminton store here and going to buy as many cocks as I can. Okay, and then twenty four hours, like literally tomorrow, resell them.
Speaker 3: Okay? How many? Hi?
Speaker 4: Did you say? Your name is Mountain Cook?
Speaker 8: This is badminton. Click?
Speaker 4: Oh, badminton?
Speaker 3: Click?
Speaker 4: Yes, Yes, that is the story I'm trying to call. I do want to mention.
Speaker 1: I'm just here with a friend of mine, Will, and we're calling from a radio station.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 3: Yea Great Mountain.
Speaker 1: Do you I just wanted to ask you a question about your sale of shuttle cocks? Yep?
Speaker 4: Do you have the x as thirty? Yes, we do, awesome and just want to confirm that's that's used with real feathers. Yes, amazing.
Speaker 1: Have you recently increased the price of those of those shuttlecocks?
Speaker 8: Probably a year ago?
Speaker 4: A year ago? Interesting for a year, not recently.
Speaker 3: How many of you got.
Speaker 8: Are you looking to purchase?
Speaker 4: Yes, definitely, Yeah, we've got a few.
Speaker 8: How many it depends on how many you're looking to get.
Speaker 1: Let's say, if we wanted to buy one hundred, would you would you be able to service that order?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: No, we don't have one hundred.
Speaker 3: About fifty, yes, we probably.
Speaker 4: Do do fifty.
Speaker 3: Okay, how much is fifty?
Speaker 8: Sore? Where did you say you were calling from.
Speaker 1: We're going from a radio station, Will and Woody if you've heard the show.
Speaker 9: Are you guys playing or yes, we're.
Speaker 4: Pretty keen to get into badminton.
Speaker 1: That's that's exactly right, and we just want to bulk shuttle cocks.
Speaker 3: No, I think she says, like, are you playing?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 3: Are you playing a joke on me?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Sorry? No, Jo no, no, no, no, there's.
Speaker 3: No We're actually interested in buying fifty shuttle cocks.
Speaker 8: So they just count. If you buy it, unfoult be one hundred dollars off of the three thousand and eight hundreds and fifty.
Speaker 1: Dollars, it'll be three thousand and eight hundred and fifty dollars and fifty dollars.
Speaker 8: Seventy seven dollars, bitch.
Speaker 4: Okay, So do you mind if I put you on holders for two seconds? Yep? Thank you so much. Gibe. We never got her name, did we?
Speaker 3: Mountain?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 4: Are you keen?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Because I'm interested.
Speaker 1: Ok So, if we buy fifty shuttle cocks, I promise you tomorrow or even we leave it a week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll be able to sell that for double.
Speaker 3: Look, dude, we spent ten thousand dollars on a crap prop from Gladiator. This feels like actually a sound investment compared to that.
Speaker 4: I come was just ok it, okay, bring it, Okay, how do we can you?
Speaker 1: Can you keep those fifty shuttle cocks behind the desk for us?
Speaker 8: Yeah, no problem, I can keep them on hole for you.
Speaker 4: Amazing, You're sorry? What was your name?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, you're amazing. That okay, great, Thanks so much, Jess.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll you tomorrow tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Thanks you, You're amazing, Thank you so much. Plays play celebration play something like taking candy from my baby. You want shuttle cocks, come to the boys tomorrow, black market shuttle cocks.
Speaker 3: Yes, I don't have to be.
Speaker 4: But Bob purchases hundred dollars cock, no doubt about.
Speaker 3: Make those T shirts back in no time.
Speaker 5: Baby.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a wonderful story here. Look, I'm gonna to get everyone across a couple of the characters that are involved, because there are a few people that, honestly, they're at either end of the spectrum. On the one hand, if you're not a if you're not an older generation person, you're not cultured. Do you want to know who David Lynch is. He's a very famous director, movie maker. Yes, Mulholland Drive is probably the big one.
Speaker 1: Movie twin don't understand it, but great movie twin peaks. It's kind of like a like cinema, a cinema cinema person really like he really is, So he's kind of loved and adored in the filmmaking space. Diet last year actually the other person that you need to know about. I just don't care much about this person. But Dylan sprows her analyse will love who He's.
Speaker 3: A Disney boy. He was doing he did he did a show called The Sweet Life of Zack and Cody Sweet s U I t E. And then you did another one called the Sweet Life on Deck. Imagine was on the boat Riverdale. I don't care.
Speaker 2: That's his brother.
Speaker 3: No, don't do good. Walk away from him, walk away from not cool. He's talking on a podcast call Me Puppy or whatever the hell it is, and is that that was?
Speaker 2: That was not skinny?
Speaker 3: But not that Oh what is this anyway?
Speaker 2: Terrible nome.
Speaker 3: It's really annoying that I have to introduce that guy. I should have said, some guy who used to be famous on a podcast?
Speaker 4: Sure, sure, Sure? What did he say?
Speaker 3: He's talking about this encounter that he had with David Lynch, And as I said, David Lynch is like God for anyone that were in that space. He's sitting out in the back of a place having a cigarette, and this happens.
Speaker 12: David Lynch walks into the smoking section and he goes, excuse me, young man, do you epen have a cigarette. It's like, do you ever have a light anything? Laura Darren walks in and sits down across from him, and she goes, do you mind if I He pulls out of his pocket fresh pack of cigarettes, hands are one, he lights for a cigarette for her, and I was like, what you know? They get up and David walks out and he goes, I just want to tell you you're very polite, Thank you, and he walked out. He gave me the most elegant understanding of how to approach someone that's fangrilling over you.
Speaker 9: Possible?
Speaker 2: You think so?
Speaker 12: And maybe I want to quit smoking because I'll never have a better cigarette than that.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, pretty cool. What I loved about it, though, is David Lynch walks out there with a full pack of dots and then goes on us these poor parts, can I please have a secret from you? And then Laura Dern walks out does he go, I've got a fresh practice since right here. So I want to try and put this spoking is not cool though, no disgusting habit. I just want to stress that, and I don't know why anyone would think that disgusting anyway. What I love about that story is that moment where someone's you want to impress someone, and then because of that, you want to impress some so bad you go above and beyond your capacity in that moment. But anyone else you'd be like, absolutely not. And then it's often a monetary thing. I give you my favorite one of these woods was you, because you are the biggest tight ass I've ever met, quite comfortably. You are a penny pincher like none other. And you and I, You and I were at a cafe downstairs from the radio station a very long time ago, and we were on nothing pretty much weekends. We were harving our petrol money to get to and from the station. Yeah, and the CEO of the company.
Speaker 1: Rees tolerant, happy to say it, I'm happy to say it. I was like, got it toasty.
Speaker 3: And then you said, can I buy your lunch, mate, which you would never normally do, just expecting him to go, no, no, no, I'm the CEO. I'm on millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: Let me cover your lunch because I'm I'm about to sack you potentially, let me cover your lunch, right, But then he was like, yeah, that'd be great, mate.
Speaker 3: You paid the fifteen dollars for the toasty yes, which was well above your means, and then he actually did end up.
Speaker 4: Sacking this literally like a week later.
Speaker 11: A week later.
Speaker 3: It's just pretty funny. No, it's not, He's not funny. It's an amazing moment at all. You shouted the CEO of sandwich, and then he dubbed you. It was it's about as good as a guess. So these are I'm sure moments that everyone can remember because they're so they burn you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I actually, hilariously I got a cigarette.
Speaker 1: Example, I don't smoke, by the way, and smoking is disgusting, but when I was in Buffalona there was I met a Russian girl and she said to me, have you got a cigarette? I was so keen to spend more time with her that I was like, yes, I do, but I'll be back in a second. I left the bar we were at ran because I'd seen these guys selling cigarettes on the street. Paid one hundred US one hundred US for a packet of cigarettes. Wow, got them, ran back to the bar, gave her a cigarette, and then she was like, do you want one?
Speaker 4: And I was like, I don't smoke. She finished her cigarette and then Golden Cabin left. Wow, yeah, always stay with me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean so, it obviously can be someone that you're trying to impress, who's famous or wealthy or whatever, that you go above your means. But women, yeah, I think, yeah, there's a few that come to me.
Speaker 1: But my now wife took me because she hated the way that I dressed. Totally fair enough. I wore board shorts to our first date and she was like, hey, everyoneted to change your style. I didn't, but I was like, yeah, I'm open to it. She took me on a shopping spree. We spent four hundred must spend four hundred and seventy dollars on clothes. I've never worn those clothes ever again, Oh my god, for because for a few weeks I'd wear them to be like, hey, look I love it. I love the anklet socks when you show off your ankles, and I love these oversized shirts that you put in me in.
Speaker 3: So really I think it's the new me hated it. Let's take some calls. Did you let down your tight ass wall to impress someone? I didn't have any money. I was nineteen and I was going to go and see this woman who I knew was older than me, but she didn't know I was younger than her. So I drove my car down with my Pea plates on, and I parked it around the corner because I couldn't afford to drink, yeah, and I couldn't afford to like have a taxi have a taxi home, So I was like, I'm going to drive the car rock up and then set a strong intention and just tell her I'm not drinking at the moment and whatever mysterious I got in there, she had a bottle of wine over and she's like on a glass, and I was like absolutely. The problem then was that she then asked me if I was into tapis and I didn't know what tapis was because I was nineteen, of course, so I said yes, and then I realized it was share plates, so I was all of a sudden sharing the bill with her. And then it got to a point where I realized I drunk too much so I couldn't drive my car home there. So then I told her that I was actually nineteen, and I drove my car there and I couldn't get home anymore. So she drove me back to mom and Dad's.
Speaker 4: Then you just run home.
Speaker 5: So annoyed.
Speaker 3: But she had like a responsibility to a minor at that point to get this book home. I've got him drunk. Now I'm going to have to drop him off thirteen one of six. Five Have you ever spent to impress someone?
Speaker 5: Joe?
Speaker 3: I know you've got one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't know if I was trying to well, I guess I was trying to impress this person. But I used to produce another person's radio show. It was quite famous and now has a really successful podcast. It was my first ever producing job. I think I was earning like forty grand a year and they came in and.
Speaker 2: Just asked me for like a week to buy their lunch.
Speaker 5: What yeah?
Speaker 3: And I was just like, oh, like, I guess, and then they just never paid me back. What can we call them? Sure? Yeah, No, who is it? Because they feel if I had this bit, who is it?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you off air?
Speaker 4: Hang on successful podcast? We know where she used to produce.
Speaker 2: No, none of those.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Actually that's actually not an uncommon thing for because I've heard this from other radio producers before that the people on air will often just be like, can you get me a coffee and then just not give the company card or their card, and then they just expect the coffee. And then the producers like, you earn twenty times what I am. Five dollars for me is a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was.
Speaker 2: That was so another another colleague of mine. It wasn't me, and it was a different show.
Speaker 7: But they ended up having to get like a monthly like installment from this like a different person to buy their lunch and coffees because it was happening that much happens all the time's wild.
Speaker 1: You guys have Sorry, we're in a position where we could ask you guys to get us lunch.
Speaker 4: Awkward.
Speaker 1: Let's got to bend here, Betty, when did you overspend trying to impress someone?
Speaker 9: So I was a couple of years ago in Vegas at all places. So me and my are over there. There was was Halloween actually setting the scene, so was playing was relevant playing? He got in competition.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm there. I feel like I'm there, So.
Speaker 9: Halloween save We went there, mate, having a real good time. Yeah, first night in Vegas anyway, we're trying to get into the private booth areas, which we found out were like eleven k u s or polish. But we we went going. We're just dancing on the in the in the front of the plays. But anyway, couple lets him, boys, let us in. You know, we'll have the time whatever.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: They're like, boys, let in some more girls first, you know, would also we'll say we go later. You know, the mate bails, he's gone. Also, there were part around with a couple other people. Anyway, so just go like, all right, let me in, let me let me and he goes, all right, come in, come here opens the rope. But for me, let's carry you know. Yeah, he's all good. He's good, and I feel special. Now I'm good. I need to pay these guys back. So I'm like, all right, boys, I need to get a bottle or something. I need to get something. They go, now you know, if you want. I was like, yea, yeah, let's go, let's go. We're on, let's go. Anyway, lady comes around, Let's get a bottle, bulk again. Sweet, she comes back, give me the bill. I'm like, sweet, yeah, I'll start it. I'm pretty hammered at this point.
Speaker 4: Responsible of course, we're going yeah.
Speaker 9: And I'm like she's like, oh, that's your gootuity. These guys are looking around me and going, you're good, bro, You're you're right man, you know, like yeah, you're sweet, You're just sure, and I'm like, yeah, yeah, yeah, let's go, let's go. We're on. Anyway, said the good twenty four it that ten percent tip, there was a minimum whatever, Yeah it is was twenty was what was it two hundred and eighty odd or something dollars a US So we turned out to be two thousand something eight hundred.
Speaker 4: Odd US a bottle you had to pay And did you pay that?
Speaker 3: Ben?
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, I just tapped. You're just praying it'll.
Speaker 1: Bounce, you know, in those situations where it's too much money, you're like, this is way more than I wanted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'd pray for bounce. You just please don't go through nearly five thousand dollars. But that's out crazy good story from Ben.
Speaker 11: Oh.
Speaker 4: He's told that a few times, hasn't it. He's really tightened it up, which is great.
Speaker 3: Woods. I'm going to say our favorite woman at the moment, outside of our wives, maybe outside of our wife, maybe.
Speaker 1: Children throw children in their two but outside of that, outside of blood and wife, this is our favorite woman.
Speaker 4: It's Artsimon everybody.
Speaker 11: Ah, hello, how are we going boys? Long time?
Speaker 3: No three, it's been a long time.
Speaker 13: I know we've had a very interesting history together. You know, I was almost your housemate for a second year.
Speaker 4: That's not true.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we've done it all. We've done it all and you can't get rid of me.
Speaker 3: No, and we wouldn't want to. And right now you're taking all the drag queens of the world. Right now, drag Race down Under is verse the world on stan.
Speaker 13: Yes, we've got four or five down Under queens competing against Spain, the Philippines, the UK, the US to work out who was the best out of them all.
Speaker 11: And I'm still in the running. I haven't been eliminated yet.
Speaker 4: Go Australia.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So is there a difference to Australian's drag queen that differently to people overseas?
Speaker 14: Ah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think we do.
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 11: I mean we take the piss.
Speaker 13: We're just a bit silly, we're funny. We're very campy and colorful and bright. You know, we come from a long lineage of interesting drag queens. You know, we've got Dame Medner, We've got the whole Priscilla Era as well, even Auntie Jack. You know, our ancestors in the drag world are a little bit how's your father? So you know, it does mean we end up a little bit weird, and you don't realize it till you're competing in a competition with people from across the world. The competitor from the Philippines, she is the most beautiful thing you've ever seen in your life. And I have never looked more like a man in address than I do when I'm standing on a main stage next to her, And I have realized that, yeah, maybe I am Auntie Jack after all runs in the blood.
Speaker 3: You're back doing Drag Race now, you've been on Drag Race before, and I know you're on Button Button Push of Tommy's podcast. Hell are you talking about your romatic exit from drag Grace last time? Listen to that audio, it's it's almost a surprise to hear that you're back doing it. Can you talk through what was traumatic about leaving drag last time? Why do you come back?
Speaker 11: Look, I think I have a lot to prove this time.
Speaker 13: Last time, I was eliminated very early and then came back mysteriously and.
Speaker 11: No one knew why, and then I didn't win anything and last until the end and it.
Speaker 3: Was a bit of a flop. But why will you eliminated?
Speaker 11: I just don't think report liked me, really. I think she just looked at me. She's like, what's that?
Speaker 3: Am I right in saying it was? It was during snatchgames.
Speaker 13: I was trying to avoid answering that. Yes, and it was a very good one. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 11: I'm really good.
Speaker 3: At me and the irwins. We go way back.
Speaker 11: We're great friends. How you going, Robert, Good to see you, litl Bro.
Speaker 13: She did tweak me and say she was very honored, and then she also recorded a clip where she said my impersonation of her was inspiring.
Speaker 11: Oh god, I don't think she's seen it.
Speaker 3: For you did win stat game. Most recently, brand new edition of Drag raced down Universe the World on Stan.
Speaker 11: Playing Miss cathday Night nice.
Speaker 13: Beautiful for legal purposes, Jane Turner, Sorry, yeah, yeah, just just for legal purposes.
Speaker 1: And there's obviously a character that you love playing because you're also touring Fountain Lakes Live as caf October this year until the end of the year.
Speaker 4: Yes, if you're on tickets got a Fountain Lakes Live dot com. So obviously you're very happy with your cathday Night.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 13: I've been traveling around the world as miss catesday Night, spreading the good word of our Tizzy overlord. So you know, I feel like her and I are one and the same cut on the same cloth. Besides Auntie Jack.
Speaker 3: But we've got a few.
Speaker 11: I had two parents, Auntie Jack and cathday Night. Yeah, yeah, it's me.
Speaker 3: So we've got a few half quotes here.
Speaker 11: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: I just want to see if you can, if you know it well enough to finish them all.
Speaker 11: And if I don't, please still come.
Speaker 4: To the show.
Speaker 11: It's really good.
Speaker 10: Okay, you go.
Speaker 3: He's the best. Frid.
Speaker 14: I've done the research, Kim, you do the math.
Speaker 13: Well, this is when she's saying that she's a Dutch sea waller, dark on a bike if you like. But I don't know if that's the exact thme a friend of Gertrude. You've thrown your handbag in the river. It's all around that, but I don't know. I know that's the conversation that's happening.
Speaker 11: Read your history books.
Speaker 14: I've done the research.
Speaker 3: Kim.
Speaker 2: You do the math.
Speaker 14: You're a homoseex.
Speaker 11: I was in the right theme. I'm sorry, I just like jumping to the down on the bark of you.
Speaker 5: Handbag.
Speaker 11: Here's another one on the other inside. There's another one.
Speaker 14: Here by Lady Bump. Lady Bump, he thought, Rod.
Speaker 12: Very good.
Speaker 11: I am a lip syncer. I'm sorry, as you well know.
Speaker 3: Okay, final one here playing Cat from K and Kim. Here we go, last one, and here we go.
Speaker 11: I'm very proud of how I look. Yes, I am high maintenance, but I think you got a Bertie and frankly, I enjoy it.
Speaker 5: All.
Speaker 9: Enjoy it right.
Speaker 3: Well, Water Club master class. Go and see art on drag Race, down Underverse the world on Standing at Arts podcast Concealed wherever you get your podcasts, and of course go and see art playing Cat Fountain Lakes Live dot Com October thuring the entire East Coast, get your tickets. Love to see you.
Speaker 11: Thank you for having me coming in again. I see always a joy.
Speaker 3: It's always a joy.
Speaker 11: I think on more TV shows, so I come and see you more often.
Speaker 3: All right on drag Race, good luck, Thank you to my the WLA Boddy