Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so sorry. Michelle the Witch of Love's Lane and Moira Major how the Witch Bitch.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of How to Witch Bitch. Michelle the Witch of Moon's Lane, How are you good? Lots of people are messaging us saying that we are being their friend while they're cleaning.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: I love that too.
Speaker 2: So if you are cleaning, get you jiggle on, you know, enjoy get that bleach out.
Speaker 1: I don't know a horrible cleaner.
Speaker 4: Just put it in the corners. That's what I do and then go, hey, I'm clean. I haven't got time to be cleaning.
Speaker 1: And tips. Black garbage bags are great because no one can see what's in there.
Speaker 3: It looks like bodies.
Speaker 2: I am not dexter all right, TikTok, Mama hulk nick I love it, Mama k m here and makeup whimsy cats on Instagram, Suki Poppet Locks and Mamma Meals, which is wonderful as well. We've also got our favorite female Randall meant number of Randall's over the years, and this is female wondering. If you're able to come up with a list of your favorite helpful books.
Speaker 3: Oh okay for Northern.
Speaker 2: And Southern, which is okay, that's an episode that's coming up. Randall, thank you. Everyone's still loving the episode where you hexta penis.
Speaker 1: Not a sentence. I thought I'd say, maybe we.
Speaker 3: Should do it testical next time. Could make them impotent.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, that's terrible. That's horrible.
Speaker 2: Well, I just want to say I love you podcast. This is from Sydney, which is nice. Butterfly Sydney. I was a few episodes last night well cleaning and Cooking and had a giggle when you mentioned a.
Speaker 1: Listener said they listen when they're cleaning.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's just cleaning everywhere. We do love all of your comments. We read all of your comments too, so thank you very very much. Anyone who loves spells, tarot silly behavior, make sure that you share with them this particular podcast now today because I mentioned monkey Brain, and also you and I run a very busy life.
Speaker 1: With both mums.
Speaker 2: We've got multiple jobs, we do multiple podcasts, everything else. We're going to talk to Tom Cronan from Sydney, who is a meditation coach. Oh, this is exciting, this is very exciting. This guy's got so many followers as well. He've been researching him all day and he's absolutely fascinating.
Speaker 5: He really is.
Speaker 2: So he had a really different career and then got into meditation and now he teaches it around the world. So this will be really great and hopefully you can give us some tips on how to just do some simple meditations to get started, just.
Speaker 3: To start and then you know, go from there.
Speaker 4: And I always believe to you know, to take that at your own paste and sort of get upset that maybe you can't fall into a certain level at a certain time. Yeah, you just take it at your own pace, because you know, that's the last thing we're trying to do meditation because we're stressed out.
Speaker 3: We don't want to stress out. We can't do meditation.
Speaker 1: Well that's it. Yeah, you're stressing out whilst doing it. Going at my doing it right?
Speaker 2: Everyone's like remember those group meditations used to do at school and you all line your back and they'd be like, okay, visualize a cloud, and I'll be.
Speaker 1: Like, what kind of cloud? Is it gray? Or is it white? Or is it big?
Speaker 2: I hang it, it looks like a fluffy dog. I'm not sure am I doing this right? Did you say cloud or clown?
Speaker 3: Am I not on the cloud?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Or am I?
Speaker 1: What am I doing?
Speaker 3: Monkey Magic Pigsy, I love Funky Man.
Speaker 2: All right, look, goodness, we've completely anyway, let's have a chat with Tom.
Speaker 1: Hello. Tom, thank you so much for joining.
Speaker 5: Us, Thanks for inviting me along, for doing this conversation today.
Speaker 2: You have a massive amount of followers, You're a keynote speaker, you are a meditation coach and everything else.
Speaker 1: Let's get back to how this started for you.
Speaker 2: Was around about nineteen ninety five, I think it is or ninety six where you found meditation.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Absolutely, I was entering into what some people would call a dark knight of the soul. And that was after ten years of being a wolf of Wolf of Wall Street style broker on a trading room floor. So I started the same year as Jordan Belfort, the Wolf of Wall Street in nineteen eighty seven, when I was only young. I was nineteen, and I just got swept along by the current of what life was like on a trading room floor back in the late eighties early nineties, and so it was very fast, very hectic, a lot of partying, drinking lard late nights, and this culminated eventually as I started sort of getting wear and tear on my nervous system, my mind and my body. And then this kind of continued to culminate with the I guess, the poor lifestyle choices, and eventually in ninety ninety six I went into a really dark place, sort of suicide ideation and really deep depression and paic attacks and anxiety, and I was sent to psychiatrists and doctors and put on medication. But I came across meditation at that time, and that was a really pivotal moment in my life, where not just any meditation, because I tried a few techniques, but when I found this particular style was a deep transcending style of meditation otherwise known as Vedic meditation, that I really saw significant changes in my life. And that was a big turning point in my life.
Speaker 2: Huge, Absolutely, that energy must have been exhausting leading up to that, and then you know the meditation being the drug almost to help you through that. Different types of meditation as well. I know you mentioned that, how is this one different?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is what we call transcending. So I put meditation into kind of four main categories. So we've got ones where we're concentrating, and we're focusing on trying to empty the mind of thoughts or trying to focus on the breath or zero the attention into one single point, which is very, very difficult, particularly in our world today with the amount of information flow, and it's something that's actually quite unpleasant. It's not very enjoyable to do because you're using a lot of resistance and force. Then we've got things like visualizations what I call contemplation meditation. So these ones we're thinking, but we're thinking about Chuckra's realigning or gratitude or asing some future outcome. This one is surface level because we're still thinking and we're thinking about the world around us and how we can make our world better because then we want to feel good. Nothing wrong with that. I still do them, but it's just not a deep meditation. Then we've got chanting meditations where we might be doing some chanting after yoga, where we're saying something out loud. Again, we're not going that deep, and it's still a beautiful practice, but just not a deep meditation. And then I found these deep meditations where we use a particular sound or resonance called mantras, and that takes the mind beyond. We transcend beyond the idea of your own existence and your own identity. We transcend thoughts, transcend, emotions, transcend even the limit of staying in occupying this physical apparatus called our body, and we go into what we call the void or an unbounded spaciousness, which is really deeply RESTful and deeply blessful.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Just thinking Michelle as a psychic, and you know you have things coming into your mind, and your mind is very unique. Having been a friend of yours for many years, places you never know what you're going to get, Tom, do you can you meditate or can you do you have to turn off your psychic switch and you can actually chill.
Speaker 4: I say yes, and I say no, okay that because it's kind of like I can't be hypnotized either, which I found quite I wanted to be hypnotized. I've been hypnotized three or four times for smoking. Couldn't be hypnotized to smoke. It was only because I promised my daughter that i'd give up on her twelfth birthday that I actually Then she came out and said, hey, you've got to realize how powerful the mind is. Then, because I was just swept. Yeah, I have to do it for her, so I haven't done it. But I can meditate to a certain point and then I find that I fall asleep, so I just go into that type of thing. But yeah, no, I find it quite difficult. I think they call it the monkey mind. I prefer just to just let all my thoughts go with without doing anything. Like you know how they do the guided meditations. I just can't do guided meditations. I can do the meditations where I just lay on the earth and just let everything go and I just imagine I'm part of the earth.
Speaker 3: That's my type of meditation.
Speaker 4: And I just feel the sun coming through here and I just imagine my Sharkra's being online.
Speaker 3: But that's kind of as far as I can go with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But in saying that I do astro travel, now, I don't know how I do that. I blocked it for a long long time. But that's just something that I can do.
Speaker 5: Wow, the all beautiful meditations and all meditations are going to play some role of some sort to make our lives better. One thing we noticed with most meditation is there's still an eye high astral travel. I do this meditation, I feel this when I'm meditating, So in transcendence, the one thing where going beyond is the eye. There's no more eye, there's no more duality. So it's a very accessible pathway to discover what is ultimately fundamental truth that there's this reality at atle Field beyond the world of form and phenomenon and duality. That's the relationship ther eyes having with the world around it. I love that.
Speaker 4: And how would be the best sort of thing, quick way that you would suggest people to do that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, there's really not many pathways that will get us into such a profound relinquishing of the identity. I believe there are certain states that I've certainly experienced at times myself using breath work. I've also had the experience of plant medicine, and of course I meditate every day and have this experience. I just meditated literally ten minutes ago deep in that space as well. So my apologies about that, and so the best and my successful ways using this vading meditation practice, because I can be on a trading room floor, go to the boardroom, drop into transcendence, and he come out of the trading room floor, go back on out of the boardroom, and go back onto the trading roo floor. But I couldn't do that. If I did plan medicine breath work, you might be able to do that, but you'd need a little bit of time to integrate the experience. But there's something about that dear excitement of the mind and the nervous system, because breath work is still quite activating, yeah, an activation process, whereas this meditation's a deer activating. We're going into the quiet.
Speaker 1: So you're still doing the broker stuff as well, it seems.
Speaker 5: For sixteen more years after yeah, wow, sixteen years just taking the drugs its meditating.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's amazing how he went out and figured out what was happening out in the world and came back in and went, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Know what the word?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just I find it amazing that you or combining those two, just knowing the intensity of that. So now to meditate, that's kind of your your so to slip out and slip back in as well.
Speaker 1: That seems fascinating because I can just there's.
Speaker 4: Probably a lot of practice on his part. I mean, you know, I don't think that if you're just new to it you could do that. I think it does take practice to do that, to get out of the first stages of the monkey mind and things like you were talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, most students will drop into those quiet states within the first couple of days of me training them. So most students will experience some degree of transcendence in that first few sessions. What's so powerful about using this technique is that it's not about running away from the world. Oh now I'm meditating, so I can't go into an intense environment. In actual fact, we find cells relishing the opportunity to go into those intense environments because we start to cultivate a state of equanimity. In Sanskrit, it's called ta ticture, which means to be unruffled by circumstances in life. It's a really nice way to sort of put this to a test to reach that level of sovereignty where my state is owned by me. I've cultivated a state of inner peace, and the world's fluctuations, the world turbulence around me isn't having this ruffled effect on my state, and so it means that we're actually more capable. And this is something why I work with a lot of corporations now. Problem in the staff reduce that stress response, reduce that alastatic load so they can actually reach peak performance.
Speaker 3: So that would help. That would be something that would be good for PMS.
Speaker 4: It would be Now we keep getting a women coming in, we do what's the spells for this? And we do all that type of thing, and I always say meditation, Yeah, I think that this is probably a better form of that.
Speaker 2: And as well, the mantras something that I know that I used, and particularly with anxiety and things like that. Is it wrong to ask how do we do this? Because it just sounds fascinating, It sounds like everyone needs it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do we start?
Speaker 5: Yes, Usually there's a process where we don't just give you the meditation, off you go, because it really underpins the practice itself is having a lot of knowledge. So the course is usually delivered over four ninety minute sessions, either on zoom or in person, and some teachers don't even teach on zoom. I teach on zoom and in person to give people around the world access to this beautiful five thousand year old practice. But ultimately what happens is the student will get a particular mantra or sound relevant to their age. When they're born and when they're learning the techniques, that will be how they are where they get I guess the receive the mantra, and then there will be a lot of knowledge over those four ninety minute sessions to sort of underpin and support their practice, give them a deeper understanding about how to optimize their meditation, how to understand why they're going to get certain releases out of their body as a result of the meditation, which will lead to a lot of thoughts or emotions arising or physiological sensations arising during the meditation. So there's a lot of knowledge that needs to come with the practice. So you wouldn't just say here's something you can go and do, off you go, see you later. It's really about supporting the student with not just the course itself, but ongoing supports. All my students get ongoing weekly support if they want it on a zoom call.
Speaker 4: And so would meditation also be a bit like the reiki where it's sort of like because you're sort of going through in your sort of healing the body without as well.
Speaker 3: So that's also something an added bonus and why.
Speaker 4: You probably need to talk to them afterwards because things are coming up that were maybe restricted or blocked within the body.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, it's really good that you pointed that out. Because the body is like a warehouse. It has all the stresses in it, and these are what we call in Sanskrit samscaras. These stresses just to continually compound and accumulate, and they can be lifetime stresses that we've experienced from the time we came out of the womb, so also inherited stresses that have come through from our ancestry, our parents and grad parents, and so our body is holding them in the physiology. And what happens is when we go into these dear excited states that occur in meditation, particularly deep meditations. Body's got a natural inclination and tendency to heal and optimize. So if it identifies and finds these stresses in the body, it will start to release them and clear them out of the system. And that releasing is usually showing up in some sort of sensations and it could be tears, it can be jolts, twitches, spasms, all sorts of physiological expressions that come with their releasing.
Speaker 3: That's really cool.
Speaker 2: Is it different for men and for women? Meditation, any form of meditation.
Speaker 5: Not that I've been aware of. And I've been using this for thirty years and pitching it for about fifteen and one thing, we've found that there's no difference between men and women as far as their experience of the meditation, whether they're going deeper or not. But yeah, I haven't been able to notice any differences with that.
Speaker 4: So is there something that you could say maybe for someone that's anxious and maybe about to have an anxiety attack or something like that, and they can't sort of switch in in or do any meditation becaus I haven't done it until they come to you. Is there any sort of mantra or little chant that you you say to yourself at least?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Look, there's definitely some things people can do if they're feeling overwhelmed or even just on a daily basis by listening to this. And the first thing, which is really simple, is to just bring the mind into center. So I'll give everyone just a simple walk away meditation that they can use. And this is if you're just having a hectic day, just pull over on the side of the road into a quiet street. Blood you can't do this practice, or you can just you know, find yourself on a park bench or on your lounge rim at home. But really, the first thing we do is we close our eyes, and that reduces the stimulation of the sensors. Ideal, if you've got noise canceling headphones or somewhere quiet, it reduces noise stimulations. So we're trying to reduce the stimulation for all five senses. And then we start to bring our attention to the breath moving through the nostrils. And what we'll find it as the breath moves in and out of the nostrils, it's this gentle, effortless ebb and flow. Don't force it, don't try. Your body knows what to do. It knows how to breathe trust the body. And then what you'll find is it moves in and out of the nostrils. You're going to bring all your attention to the cool skin around the rim of the nostril. And what we're going to do here is by doing this, is just going to focus on that one single point of the air brushing the moisture inside the nostril, slightly cooling the skin, and then we're going to just keep on that single point. Now, your mind will not enjoy this, so it will move away, it will drop away from that single post place and will go to other locations. But we're going to use a lot of force here, and by using a little bit of muscle flexing and keeping that mind on that single point, the whole nervous system, the mind and the physiology is going to start to de excite and calm down and become more orderly and cohesive. And that's really what we want in the body, a cohesive body. Wow, Michelle, and you could do that for five minutes, five ten minutes.
Speaker 1: Of How did it feel good?
Speaker 2: I was just straight at my nose, not look straight at you. You're not looking at the top of your nose. You're feeling it, feeling we feel to you know, a clown mate?
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Sorry? Tom, I'm gotta do you. I was like you to try, I would like you to try.
Speaker 3: I'm going to do it. I'm going to do it tonight.
Speaker 1: Okay, there, you got to do it.
Speaker 2: When it is a good time to do meditation, at the start of the day or the end of the day already time I recommend Yeah, that's.
Speaker 5: A good question. I generally recommend one in the morning, when when we wake up or after we've done sort of some sort of exercise in your morning routine, and then usually as we start fading throughout the day. So I just had my second meditation just about forty minutes ago, and that's when we're sort of reaching that sort of a little bit of a fade time. So anytime in the afternoon, is it, or before dinner time, or you could do it before better thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's usually yeah, exactly the actual coffee. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Outside mate, I'm working radio. It doesn't mean I'm kidding exactly. Well, I think that's been absolutely fascinating. I really want to have a look at this, and also I think it's so important for mental health and for stress, anxiety, everything like that. To just like you said that that phrase walk away. I liked that phrase being everything comes at you so much that if you just stop for two seconds and just let it settle.
Speaker 1: I think that's so important as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you know, when we think about dada of physical health, part of physical health, would you do involve some sort of repetition, So it's either lifting a dumbbell repetitively, or walking repetitively, swimming repetitively, and the same thing would apply for mental health. If we wanted to have very good mental health, we would do something like the repetition of the mantra, or the rep petition of focusing on the breath. This repetition on a single thing is going to be so healthy for the mind because our mind is very scattered now in our world emails and doing you scrolling through feeds and constantly moving from thing to thing, like you said, the monkey mind. And so for really good mental health, I would really encourage people to think about a daily process of closing their eyes, sitting still somewhere and doing some form of repetition for the mind, and that would be the mantra. Learning with a really good teacher, I know a guy, you need to.
Speaker 3: Tell us where to find you find.
Speaker 1: You, do I know a.
Speaker 5: Or just doing your own breath that I've just given everyone for five or ten minutes. It's going to make a difference. If you just did that alone for five to ten minutes, it won't be comfortable, it won't be busy because the mind wants to look for all this entertaining things. But do something that's good for your mind, not what your mind wants.
Speaker 2: And kids as well, This would be great for kids, particularly learning at a young age to manage because I know how full on the kids' minds are. I'm watching my kids, you know, on TikTok on things like that. Everything's so quick, they never stop. It's every YouTube dah da dah dah. And this would be something that would be huge for them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're seeing extremely dire scenarios unfolding for the youth of the world. Now. The you know, kids these days at the ages of three and four given iPads an iPhones keep them quiet. And what we're really underestimating is these children's brains are still developing all the way up until the age of twenty four to twenty five, people haven't fully formed, and to be giving them that amount of information flow, particularly you know, twelve to eighteen year olds a really critical stay. The development it's going to already is having huge ramifications. And unfortunately, our approach to dealing with this, for most people are not to completely discourage the idea of this. But I don't think it's a great singular pathway to take is just medicate someone, Yeah, when we can really just look at really healthy alternatives, which is why don't we just give children at least less technology and more practice with meditation.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. All right, Tom, how do people find you?
Speaker 5: Instagram is a great place. I love connecting with people, so I answer all my message on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were very surprised that you actually replied to Michelle.
Speaker 1: We were very impressed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a beautiful, king wonderful community. And I like, you know, connecting with the community. I think it's an important part of the work that we do and that level of it authenticity and integrity. So my Instagram is Tom Cronin and my website is Tom cronan dot com.
Speaker 1: So very easy, wonderful, Tom, thank you so much. That was really great my pleasure.
Speaker 5: Thanks for sharing space and inviting me for an important conversation like this.
Speaker 2: Particularly with the kids as well. I think that's so important. Is amazing, all the best, Tom, Thanks so much for your time.
Speaker 5: Thanks dn oh likewise, futuo and thanks for listening. Everyone appreciate it.
Speaker 1: That was great. I'm going to try that and you said you're going to try it tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's see how we go. Remember the inside of your nose to Michelle on the outside. All right, let's check the stars for the week.
Speaker 4: Okay, so aries this week nudges you to slow down just enough to notice what's really mattering in your life. You're on full momentum, but a thoughtful pause midweek will help you make smarter ideas. So trust your intuition. Taurus, Comfort meets opportunity. You may feel pulled between staying in your safe zone and trying something new.
Speaker 3: Lean slightly towards the unfamiliar.
Speaker 4: It could bring a pleasant surprise, especially in your relationships. Gemini, your mind is buzzing with ideas, but not all of them need action right now. Prioritize what really excites you at the moment. A conversation later in the week will open doors that have felt shut before. Cancer emotions run a little deeper this week, but there's that's not a bad thing. In fact, use this as seidivity guide that can actually help you get weight off your shoulders. Someone close may need your support, so you may want to realize and spend a little bit of time with them. Leo, you're stepping into the spotlight moment, whether you've planned it or not. Confidence comes naturally now, and so humility will be on your side. A creative spark will turn into something bigger.
Speaker 1: Urgo.
Speaker 4: Details matter more than usual this week, and you're in the perfect person to handle them. Just don't get stuck in overthinking. Progress beats perfection any day of the week.
Speaker 1: Libra.
Speaker 4: Balance is your theme this week, but you may feel slightly off at first.
Speaker 3: A shift in priorities helps you realign. By the weekend, things are a.
Speaker 4: Lot more smooth for you, and you are getting more connections and you feel more at peace with yourself. Scorpio, you're in a powerful position to let go of something that's been weighing on your shoulders. Whether it's an old habit or just a situation, time to release it. Expect a renewed vigor and a new world of control afterwards, or feeling control afterwards. Sagittarius, adventure calls, even if it's in.
Speaker 3: A small way.
Speaker 4: Try to break a routine, Try something new, be spontaneous. A new perspective will lead the charge this week for future planning. Capricorn, responsibility is front and center, and you're more than capable than making good decisions. The key this week is not taking too much on Delegation could be a key to you feeling peaceful this week as well. Aquarius, your originality will shine through and people are paying attention and they're drawn to you, So share ideas, even if they're unconventional. Collaborations will be great this week and turn into something special. Pisces, your intuition is especially strong this week, as it is in all other weeks. But remember quiet moments, just to have some clarity, do not rush, take time, lay luck, Brocolo, and they are your stars this week.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much, Michelle, and for you listening to us. I hope that this episode in particular will probably help with a number of different people, which is great. Yeah, a bit more pull over, like you said, yeah, angry, feel free to rate the podcast. Next week, we are going to be doing You're going to be doing a reading for one of our new friends to the podcast, Patrick. She's been doing a little bit of spell work as well, so you up for that for a bit of a reading.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds like fun.
Speaker 4: And then I'll go and investigate some of the books that I've liked through the years.
Speaker 3: But there's a lot of.
Speaker 4: Really good ones that have come out too, and I mean I sell them in my shop and both two stores and Carra, So I'll grab some books that I actually like from there and bring them in.
Speaker 1: And you actually horn how they're recently doing a signing of her book.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she came in and she does with a coven where the witches gather and things like that, which is really good. So I can have a look. But I think definitely spell books things like that that can get them different types of variances, because which is all do it very differently. You know, you have your basic sort of what we did. I mean, go back to episode one, the basics of what you can have for your alter.
Speaker 3: But I think, you know, maybe we need to really look at that as well.
Speaker 1: Alters, alters and things like that. Yeah, we could do that.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 2: We've just one some show planning on the show, which is great. Look after yourself and and I hope you have a great week, Michelle.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: You Di Darling.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm so sorry.
Speaker 5: Good work.
Speaker 3: Podcasts