Speaker 1: Life Uncut podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Speaker 2: This episode is recorded on Gadigal Land of the Aurora Nation. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life on Cut.
Speaker 3: I'm Laura, I'm Brittany Imitch and.
Speaker 2: This is our Saturday morning radio show which we do every single week, all packaged up in a nice little sexy morsel for you.
Speaker 3: This one's not sexy, I don't think. Ah, there's actually nothing sexy about it.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: We did talk about big dick energy again here is it. And we did do a good ask gun cut.
Speaker 2: Actually, oh okay, the ask gun cut's very saucy. We were supposed to do this on Thursday and then we ran out of time, so we saved.
Speaker 3: It for the radio show. Yeah, it was a big one.
Speaker 2: Also, we put brit on the spot and we got her to tell us all the behind the scenes goss of the challenge and honestly, you.
Speaker 3: Came with the goods.
Speaker 1: You pretended that we had a guest in from the talent. I was like, I was like, oh my god, who's it going to be? I thought you can bring something?
Speaker 5: Would you have done if we did get Ryan gallaher coming Galla Gallagher?
Speaker 3: Whatever it is?
Speaker 6: Whatever?
Speaker 3: Why Ryan who gagged? I probably would gigger? Yeah, Ryan Gager.
Speaker 7: Tried to no, like to stop it from talking.
Speaker 5: Oh, I thought we mat like a sexy gag and I was like, fual Anyway.
Speaker 2: We did also have Sammy Jade on the radio show. She recently got married. She loped and it has been ten freaking years ten years since, and you know what, she could have ended up working in a stock factory.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was interesting.
Speaker 3: Counting well, I'm not going to say I won't. I won't give it a we won't give it away.
Speaker 7: Hold it, hold it.
Speaker 1: My favorite part probably of today today's show was Mitch Churi's story about blocking on Instagram.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happened with that? That was I mean, that's very unlucky.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was bad.
Speaker 8: But half of my coming out story on the show, my trauma would just I'm a dumping on you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a real therapy session. For us all, but there is so much more in the show and it's all coming up now.
Speaker 7: It's the Lie Funk Cut Radio show around Australia.
Speaker 8: Brittany Hockley and Laura Burn Very soon, Samantha Jane is going to be joining us.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to that.
Speaker 7: In the meantime, our hunt's beginning.
Speaker 3: I love to be open.
Speaker 7: Yeah, BDE.
Speaker 8: We're talking all things BDE, which is big d energy. Do you guys want to explain what that means for people who don't know.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: The reason why we're talking about this is because on last week's show, we were talking about Pete Davidson and how he started dating m Rada off.
Speaker 3: The map of every hot woman in Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Literally, he broke up with Kim Kardashi and started dating m Rada. And like Pete Davidson is, he's attractive. I'll give him that, but he's not the most attractive man in Hollywood, but he dates the most attractive women in Hollywood consistently.
Speaker 3: If he wasn't Pete.
Speaker 1: Davidson and he hadn't dated attractive women and he walked past you on the street, I do not think you would look twice.
Speaker 2: No, but maybe you would because there's something about in his energy. Okay, I also have a theory on this though you're like a semi attractive man, why you're looking at me?
Speaker 3: When if you're a.
Speaker 2: Semi attractive man and you date a really attractive woman, it sets a precedent to other women that that person can date really attractive women. It almost like they almost have this like confidence that then is built that that's the people that they brand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do that make sense?
Speaker 1: The American school call it the cheerleader effect, where when there's a bunch of people together and some of them are good looking, all of them all of a sudden seemed like a hot.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, that's a good analogy.
Speaker 3: Yeahlock, Yeah, the cheerleader effect. But if you pulled them all part in, one on one, maybe they're not so hot.
Speaker 8: But together whether when the choir sings, you go, aren't they beautiful?
Speaker 7: But if you had to isolate for the kids in.
Speaker 8: The cross so many Pete Davidson's over in the US, we thought maybe we should find the Australian version of Pete Davidson.
Speaker 3: And who would have thought that this would turn into a segment.
Speaker 2: Two weeks later, Australia Sir Okay, we had so many people, I said, Tommy Little, you threw out a whole lot of random ones. We had a few people slide into our dms, and this has become quite a thing in the socials.
Speaker 3: Now, you guys threw a lot of names in the ring, and I want to read out a couple of them that've been We whittled it down to the most popular names. Okay, Karl Stefanovic, Oh yeah, can you feel that he was obvious?
Speaker 1: I think some of the obvious ones were like Liam Hemsworth, Sam Worthington.
Speaker 7: Now I don't like them, Cookie Cutter, No.
Speaker 3: Russell Crowe, Chris Brown, hom Gleases.
Speaker 8: Oh hold on, wait, doctor Chris Brown is good. Tom Gleason is in Redhead funny Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the guy who won the logis a couple of years back. It offended everybody.
Speaker 3: I'm vetoing that one. I don't get the BD on that one.
Speaker 8: Oh wait, we have a call. Actually, Shelley's called through on thirteen one or six five. Hi, Shelley, you want to add someone to the BD list.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 9: I don't know if it's said, but I'm going to have to throw out Kyle Sandalan he's hot.
Speaker 3: Oh, he doesn't need any more compliments. A lot of people think he's hot. I love you, Kyle.
Speaker 2: Don't get it, Kyle sandalanz One. It's like the confidence that comes when you are the king of radio.
Speaker 3: I think have BD. I just don't. To me, I don't think look at him and think he's hot.
Speaker 7: Well, he can't be on the list. He can't be on our list.
Speaker 3: Brittany's getting in trouble on Monday. Put it that way, Okay, scrab that stream?
Speaker 8: All right, we need to do a top three. I think I think Karl Stefanovic should be in the top three. He is the king of BD in this country.
Speaker 3: I do very much agree. I'm going to put it out there.
Speaker 2: I think Dr Chris Brown has some pretty good BD, although I don't know if it's a cheating one because he's quite attractive as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that's the doctor energy. What about doctor Carl.
Speaker 1: Well, doctor Carl, that name was mentioned, you know, the scientists with the glasses and he does the he does the radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah him, But I kind of get it. Okay, what do you get about it? Because I know it's not.
Speaker 2: We're not talking about physical we're talking about the energy that somebody exudes.
Speaker 1: I think for him it's the knowledge and how intelligent he is. He says everything with confidence and you just know that man has seen some shit.
Speaker 3: That's what I think.
Speaker 8: Okay, So we're going to lock in our top three contenders from Austral's been there, Doctor Carl, Dr Chris Brown and Karl Stefanovic.
Speaker 7: They're our final three.
Speaker 3: We have a thing for doctors.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm producing missus.
Speaker 8: Waving her hand around. What's happening out there.
Speaker 3: Let's get doctor Carl on. I've got his number.
Speaker 1: Do you and ask if he actually wants to be the king this drollanking of BDE.
Speaker 8: Okay, let's call doctor Carl next. If he wants the title, does he get a park or?
Speaker 1: I feel like he's going to be so confused everyone. I have a lamination machine, so I can laminated something.
Speaker 7: Okay, we'll find out.
Speaker 8: The search continues, we'll whittle it down next and the hunter's on. Yes, we're looking for Australia's Pete Davidson, which Ossie Man has BDE. And we've compiled a quick little list, haven't we.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a long list, little list of ten. But now we have a short list.
Speaker 3: We've narrowed it down somehow, top three.
Speaker 7: Top three.
Speaker 8: In the middle of that list is doctor Carl.
Speaker 3: I think doctor Carl is an unassuming BDE. That's what he is.
Speaker 1: That was a surprise ad for me. I wasn't expecting it, but I get it now. But I do want to have a chat to him, if it's possible to.
Speaker 8: Carl has been doing science on Australian TV and radio for decades.
Speaker 7: We actually had his numbers. Someone in the.
Speaker 8: Buildy had so talk to Carl is here.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the show. Hello doctor Carl.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm so on, Doctor Brittany does Rory thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like, I mean this first time anybody's ever called me a doctor, a doctor of absolutely nothing.
Speaker 2: Doctor Carl. Now we are talking about something that truly has well. I mean I would say it has no science behind it, but maybe you can prove me wrong.
Speaker 3: I reckon it does b d E. What is the science behind attraction?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Ah, well, we've got to go back to some of the deepest philosophers of all mankind, of all humanity. And of course we're talking about Frank Zapper.
Speaker 3: I did not know who is yeah, Frank. I haven't tuned to him in a while, but has been.
Speaker 7: Who's Frank.
Speaker 6: One thing he said that was very clever, that your main sexual organ is your brain.
Speaker 3: I do believe this is doctor Carl.
Speaker 1: I'm going to put my hand up and admit you want the first person come to mind when I was compiling a list of BDE but your name did come up, and we did just look at a photo of you when you were I don't know, maybe twenty twenty five photo.
Speaker 3: Look at this, Laura, you are smoking man. Doctor you were hot.
Speaker 6: Doctor Carl since said, I have kind of helped put this gently degenerated a little, so rather than looking like spoking hot, I looked more like a badly packed sack of potatoes.
Speaker 1: Well, you did say, you just said that the brain is a sexist organ. Do you think that's why people think you have BDE? Because I know that you want a Nobel Prize and you want it for something very interesting. I reckon what you want it for. Do you think that that turns people on?
Speaker 3: Do you guys know what you want? The Nobel price?
Speaker 6: What was that?
Speaker 3: What don't you tell everyone? Doctor Carr?
Speaker 6: Okay, it was the Noble Prize, which is given for research that candor should not be done for by ground breaking researching the billy button fluss and why it's almost always blue. And Harvard University, which awards a surprise, was so impressed that they slewly and provided all the way to Harvard from austral They flew me to Harvard and provide accommodation entirely at my own expense.
Speaker 8: Now that's bda that's how highly regarded it was.
Speaker 6: And what we found was that billy button fluff is a mixture of dead skin cells, good to get the fibers of your clothing. And the reason that it's usually blue is because most people wear blue clothing. But if you do the experiment as I did, and where rich shirt read underwear, red sox were read everything for a couple of days, you will generate red billy button fluff. I don't know what use this is to making the human race better, but on the other hand, it's interesting but fruitless.
Speaker 8: We need to ask you one question because there's no point talking to you about this. If you don't want the title, do you want to be Australia's Pete Davidson?
Speaker 6: If I can use this to make the world a better place, to make people happy, to leave to enlightenment. But I don't want to boot out Karl Scheffanovik and doctor Chris Brown.
Speaker 8: I know, okay, you know what about it. You can concede.
Speaker 7: You can see doctor Carl stay as a doctor. You're also on TikTok.
Speaker 8: You've also got a book, doctor Carl's Little Book.
Speaker 7: Of Climate Change Science.
Speaker 8: I think you stay better put as a doctor, don't you, Guys.
Speaker 3: I think so, And I think we're going to have to continue the hunt. I guess looks whether or.
Speaker 2: Not we give you the award, you can still emanate it in the presence of whoever you're in and hopefully better the world.
Speaker 3: Carry that energy for Thanks Doc searching.
Speaker 8: For belly buttons, flash and all the holes on the body. Thank you, doctor Carr. You're a superstar.
Speaker 6: Laura, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: That's literally all it takes is for another doctor to tell you that you are well.
Speaker 7: The hunt is not over here.
Speaker 1: It wasn't expecting him to concede, but I feel like he was a little bit confused.
Speaker 7: I agree, ladies. Right now, we play a little game.
Speaker 8: There's something trending on the internet, and you know how I love to bring trending things the game.
Speaker 2: Look here with his little trending game show music.
Speaker 7: Any chance I get to We never know.
Speaker 3: What you're about to do, miss Truer, and I don't even know if I'm going to like it.
Speaker 8: Well, what this is is the top questions you should know about your partner, So a relationship expert out of the UK, he says.
Speaker 3: That're circling me out of this. Obviously I don't have a partner.
Speaker 7: No, No, here's the thing.
Speaker 8: These are that you should know the answer to these questions about your partner in life.
Speaker 7: Here's the thing.
Speaker 8: You guys work so closely together and spend so many hours together, you're essentially partners.
Speaker 2: Rinny, you are my work wife. We are spend more time together than I spend with Maddy Jay.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right, I'm going to read you out the question and then we'll do a countdown and then hit us with your answers. Laura, you'll be answering about Britt. Britt will be answering about Laura.
Speaker 3: I reckon, we know each other pretty well. I reckon. I think we will do okay.
Speaker 8: So let's right, let's see first one. Do you know how your partner likes their eggs cooked.
Speaker 3: Three two? What scramble poached?
Speaker 7: Is she right?
Speaker 3: I am scrambled. I'm poaching, bloody love yourambled egg my fav. You're looking at me like that's disgusting.
Speaker 7: It's just weird that you guys knew that.
Speaker 2: Oh no, we know a lot about it, a lot of egg Brittany told me on record yesterday we were recording asking she ate four boiled eggs in one breakfast radio sitting.
Speaker 3: I will boiled eggs disgusting, and.
Speaker 8: Then you cry about being Brittany.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, all right.
Speaker 8: Next question, what was your partner's dream job in primary school?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: Shart magician?
Speaker 7: I wanted to be here.
Speaker 3: Do you think I wanted to do a magic?
Speaker 1: Do you know what?
Speaker 3: I couldn't think of a single job, so you went with the obvious anything? Okay? What did you want to do? A vet? I wanted to be a vet.
Speaker 1: I wanted to be a spy, my very dumb, very dull okay, magician, Yeah.
Speaker 7: Why do you have a spy?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 8: Next one, how does your partner like you to flirt with her?
Speaker 3: What she wants me to laugh at her jokes?
Speaker 2: Brittany wants me to stare into her eyes from across the room, then look away with a smile, then look back and stare a little bit longer, and then giggle and then come over and ask her, you know, if she if I can.
Speaker 3: Buy a drink or whatever. I did that on Kyle this week on air two.
Speaker 7: Out.
Speaker 3: That's exactly how Britt flirts. I don't know how she wants people to flirt with her though, No, it's how do you flirt with? How do I want you to flirt with me?
Speaker 2: Every so often, when Britt stares at me really longingly into the eyes, I'm like, oh, that's what she wants.
Speaker 1: I think Laura just wants a little bit of eye contact, but you mainly want me to laugh at your jokes.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's a flirt I want.
Speaker 7: Gets her feet out.
Speaker 8: That's how she flirts my feet, she shows those toes or last one?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 8: Oh, this is a bit of emotional one. What is your partner's biggest stressor in their life?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 3: What Kyle Sandalan And I said me, No, you're not my stress. I think yours. Yours is worked, and yours is also worked. But it's Breakfast Radio with Car.
Speaker 8: Alright, beautiful, you guys love each other with the perfect celebrate.
Speaker 3: With some eggs. You get to say and be my work wife forever, the poor boiled eggs for everybody.
Speaker 8: All right, up next, guys, it's over to you. We are are getting some help on the air with an ask gun cut. So if you have an issue, we've got the unprofessional answer, truly. Dms are open now now it's time for this ask uncut.
Speaker 1: Ask gun Cut is something we do every single Thursday on the podcast at Life on Cut. It's where you the listener writing your deepest, darkest burning questions and we do our best answer. Very uneducated, but we are very passionate about it. And Laura is jumping out of her seat. She's got a good one.
Speaker 3: I love this one so much.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this girl she hooked up with a guy on Tinder. She they slept with each other a few times, had a few flirting nights and nothing serious. But it was you know, hangs and banks, and it's with benefits, friends with benefits. Fast forward six months and she meets a new guy who she has feelings for. She thinks he's great and things are starting to escalate that but it's very early stages of flirting anyway. She's just found out that it is her hangs and bangs brother, and she wants to know whether she should tell him before they go on a date, because he's now asked her out, and she doesn't know whether she can go without telling him that she boned brother.
Speaker 8: She's looking up with.
Speaker 1: A guy for no feelings and she maybe someone she has feelings for realizes they're brothers, and now okay, but.
Speaker 3: The brothers don't know. So the guy who asked her on a date, who she actually likes, has no idea that she has boned his brother.
Speaker 8: She has to say something because then family Christmas is going to be so awkward.
Speaker 2: I reckon, go on the date, just wait until he falls in love with you, and then be like, oh my god, this is so I never knew he was your brother.
Speaker 3: That's so crazy.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Laura Burns, start that relationship with lies.
Speaker 7: That's the foundation of every relation.
Speaker 3: This is a tricky one.
Speaker 1: But what if, I mean, the odds of this happening. I just can't think this has happened to you. I can't even mean one let alone too.
Speaker 3: Maybe they live in a very small town. They definitely do. Maybe she's got a type. Obviously she's type, the same last name, the same DNA.
Speaker 1: Are you sure that they don't know, because if they're pretty close, it's pretty weird to if you're noting and dating.
Speaker 2: And would you say, like, I mean, would you think that your brother, for example, would they know every guy that you've had hangs and bangs with. My sister back in the day, would not have known every single Tinder date that I went on a couple of dates with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is true.
Speaker 1: Look, what I think you should do is I'm not encouraging starting a relationship with lies, but I think maybe withhold the truth a little bit, go and see if you actually do like him. Just go on one date, because you might go on the date and not vibe, but he might not vibe and it might.
Speaker 3: Not be an issue.
Speaker 1: And then go from there if you really like it and you want to keep seeing him is going to come up pretty soon if you want act surprised like you didn't know, because then it's what you let me look at your Google search if googled us. No, but I think that that's I think you needs to need to get a little well.
Speaker 2: But also I think if you do tell him too prematurely, like before you even go on a first date, it's going to end up being finished before it started. And if you really want to see if there's some potential there, wait until he's a little bit.
Speaker 3: Invested and then tell him that you screwed his brother.
Speaker 8: Well, I've hooked up with the same girl as my sister on the side night.
Speaker 1: You're such you Raspberry Tart, You and your sister both made out with the same woman.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was when I was in my experimenting days and I didn't know what I wanted and we hooked up with the same girl on a Kentucky tour. So what happens on Kentuckies it's not real.
Speaker 3: Seconds I did.
Speaker 7: That's what turned me gay.
Speaker 6: I see.
Speaker 8: If you want to get in Touch Life podcast, Sliding too, the DMS and we'll help you up, help you.
Speaker 3: Up, We'll help you out, will help you up out. We may tell you to lie, but you know it might not be helpful. Who knows.
Speaker 8: I'm still to come. Today, Samantha Jade is dropping by. It's been ten years since the X factor for her? Can you believe that? Actually?
Speaker 3: Can a decade?
Speaker 8: I know today she's on next plus a star from the Challenge on Channel ten.
Speaker 7: Brittany, the show you're on.
Speaker 1: I don't like this sneakiness you guys have got going on. Look at people behind my back.
Speaker 2: Nah, you don't tell us anything, so we're not telling you who we've got on.
Speaker 8: Yep, surprise guest on the Way the lifeund Cut radio show. Guess who's here?
Speaker 3: Guys?
Speaker 8: That's the new one from Samantha Jade, singer, songwriter, actor and ten years. This week she want to expact her Can you believe ten years?
Speaker 3: Sammy Jaye Hi said, Hi, guys, how are.
Speaker 2: You welcome back to the show. We love having you on here. Now can you tell us how? I mean, obviously, so much has happened in the last decade. You've recently just get married as well. But how did that moment on X Factor change your life?
Speaker 9: Oh my gosh, it changed everything. Like it's actually crazy. Like when I thought about it, I was like, because someone in my team was like, you know, what's been ten years? And I was like, wait, what ten years just sound? I mean it is.
Speaker 6: It's a lot.
Speaker 3: So how quick time goes though.
Speaker 9: Time goes so fast, and when I think about all of the different things that have happened, and yeah, like it's pretty amazing. I mean, I'm just grateful really to be still working in music, because you know, it's kind of like the show's a great moment and it's kind of staying in it. It's kind of the hard part. So feel nice to still be doing this as a job.
Speaker 1: What do you can you'd be doing if you didn't win? Do you think you'd be in music somewhere?
Speaker 3: Would you be acting? You've doubled in that as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I've been trying my luck at acting, but I don't reckon. But I think it's so hard.
Speaker 3: So hot.
Speaker 2: I know, what was the job that you were doing though? When you when you applied for X Factor?
Speaker 3: What were you? What was Sammy Jay on the weekends?
Speaker 9: Do you know what?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 9: I had lived in la for like ten years prior to the show, and I just decided because all I did was singing about my whole life, and I just decided I'm giving up music. And I moved home to perse and I was like, had nothing on my resume. I was like, oh my gosh, I can't do anything this thing. And my dad, who was working like he was like managing this like mining place that like you know, has nuts and bolts and they send things for the mind, and that's what he was doing. And he was like, well there's a place in the store room if you want to count count all.
Speaker 3: Of you would have been counting bolts.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, honestly what I was doing, I was doing stock take yeh awesome.
Speaker 3: And also you just got married. Congratulations, it's thank you you married Pat Hanlan. What a beautiful and special thing. But you guys a eloped.
Speaker 6: We ere loped.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know what was so nice?
Speaker 4: We for ages like it was.
Speaker 9: So hard of COVID, so we had to just keep like because I'm from Perth, so to keep canceling the wedding. And we were just like, oh, you know, it's just gonna you know, take forever to and we've been engaged like four years and then yeah, right, that's right, well yeah we've been We were like, was going to Herope and Pat goes, do we just do just do it and then we'll have a big party at home, and I was like, let's do it. So it was really special and he's really shy, so it was actually perfect because he was able to, like you know say all that he wanted to say and feel really comfortable, and yeah, it was lovely.
Speaker 1: You had Jewels and guys Sebastian there were they. Yeah, I didn't know you guys were so close. But were they the only guests that you had there?
Speaker 9: It was just us for because we were going on a holiday there us four. So I've known guy since I was turning sixteen, so like in Sweden years ago, and we were both their songwriting so we've known each other for a really long time. So they're like, there are lifes that really amazing people to us.
Speaker 8: Did they know that there was a wedding wool or did you just go, hey, we're going to skip wrecky guys, we're getting married.
Speaker 9: We kind of said, like I think that we're going to do this, and Jewels was like, we're one hundred percent doing it. Oh my gosh, what do you need?
Speaker 10: Like it was really nice and really fun, but it was very.
Speaker 9: Low key, like such a last minute decision a few before we left, but that was exactly what we wanted.
Speaker 8: Well, listen, there's so much happening for you at the moment, Sammy. You've got the new music out, the EP Love Sick which came out this week on the day of the tenth year anniversary.
Speaker 3: Let's hear it for the boy.
Speaker 7: Oh we love.
Speaker 8: It's such a good time for you and your.
Speaker 3: So much happening. You're getting married to love of your life.
Speaker 1: You're also just a smoke show, so like, congrats on it all.
Speaker 9: Yeah, oh guys, I love coming on the show. So it's so great about myself.
Speaker 8: And you've got great hair and your eyebrows and eyes.
Speaker 7: I'm sure your tournails are painted.
Speaker 8: I don't know what compliments new stuff from Sammy, Jada's out now, Love Sick. Congratulations on the ten year aniversary. I'm sure we'll see you very soon. Sammy, thanks for coming on, Thank you, thanks for having me all right back after this around Australia.
Speaker 7: It's the life funk. She wants more compliments.
Speaker 3: We're all boys of an angel.
Speaker 7: No, we do have to go semi sorry. We really have to get out of.
Speaker 8: Here next and there's been a big blocking in the celeb world.
Speaker 7: We're going to unpack that. How are we doing, ladies, We're good, doing pretty good.
Speaker 3: Minturie, how are you doing.
Speaker 7: I'm doing great?
Speaker 6: Are you?
Speaker 3: It's been a big week.
Speaker 2: Do you know who's not doing okay, em Rata and Celeste Barber.
Speaker 7: It's a model.
Speaker 3: We've been talking about her on the shoulder and Pete Davidson. There's been a running theme of em Rada this week. She's a supermodel. She is unbelievably good looking.
Speaker 2: But there's been quite a few articles that came out this week and I love a little bit of a celebrity feud. So a little while back, Celeste Barber had posted one of her parody photos. So if you don't know who celest Barber is, she is an Australian comedian. She has a very famous Instagram account, millions of followers, and on that account she parodies other celebrities.
Speaker 3: But it's like a she takes that piece out, you know.
Speaker 2: So if a celebrity post like a bit of a silly, whimsical photo, she will take the piss out of them.
Speaker 3: Now, the one that got her into a little bit of trouble.
Speaker 2: A while back she posted a photo and it was on one side it was em Rada looking beautiful, just in a tiny little g string bikini pushed up against the wall with the gorgeous glistening body, and then on the other side it was Celeste Barber, who is you know, a lovely.
Speaker 3: Beautiful looking, like normal woman.
Speaker 2: She has a normal woman's body and she's pushed up against the wall with no top on, and she says, this is the caption. She wrote, we are sick of you objectifying our bodies. Also, here's my ass and em Rada turned around and unfollowed her. She not only did she unfollow her, she blocked.
Speaker 1: Her, oh heavy, because she did not like the joke whatsoever. It was a big piece take it was, and there was a lot of backfiring at that time, whether it was misogynistic, it was putting down a woman, it wasn't women supporting women.
Speaker 3: All of that fire. But it just makes you think blocking people.
Speaker 2: On Instagram can really backfire because this happened a little while ago and it's now come up and he's all over the news.
Speaker 6: Rap. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh, blocking is messy, But sometimes it's better not to know, isn't it. No, I've got in a lot of trouble with a blocking situation.
Speaker 3: Did you block?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 8: When I came out about I was twenty three, so.
Speaker 7: Like four or five years ago now.
Speaker 8: When I came out of the Big Brother House. Not because I should have clarified. It was a bit rocky with the family to start, right. They're amazing now, but.
Speaker 7: It was rocky.
Speaker 8: And I actually had a partner, a boyfriend, and this is the first boyfriend I'd ever had, and we booked a trip to Melbourne before I came out, and I thought, oh, that'll be fine.
Speaker 3: And so no one knew that you had a boyfriend.
Speaker 8: No one knew secret boys very still because I just come out, and I thought, well, let's let the family sort of come to terms with that before I hit him with hate.
Speaker 7: He's coming to Christmas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, let the dust settle and then be like, here.
Speaker 7: He is truly.
Speaker 8: So he went to Melbourne and I blocked my entire family on social media just for the seven days.
Speaker 2: On Instagram, there's that function that you can pick and choose on your stories who you want to actually block from certain stories. So if you put a story out there, you can say, oh, I don't want my aunt Mildred to see that one.
Speaker 3: Yep, because my backsides in it.
Speaker 7: Oh I did that.
Speaker 8: I did only Chris, I did cousin Crystal, I did my sisters, I did my mum, my dad, everyone in the family that I thought would see this content.
Speaker 3: But your mum's obsessed with you. She's gonna want to have looked at you.
Speaker 7: What happened happened?
Speaker 8: So Mom went to lunch with her best friend and Arnie Anne, and I forgot to walk Arnie Anne social media.
Speaker 7: So it gets so much worse.
Speaker 8: So Mom and Annie Anne are sitting at the table having their lunch, enjoying the scenery, and Anne goes, oh, Mitch looks like he's having a great time down in Melbourne.
Speaker 7: Who's this boy that he's with on his Instagram?
Speaker 8: And my mom went, oh, Mitch hasn't posted anything as far as I'm concerned. Oh, get so much worse. The waiter at the restaurant walks by, coincidentally and says, oh, ladies, sorry, I hate to you know, be a nosey Nancy, but how do you know that boy on your phone's one of my friends?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: You so you're on the phone any Ane's phone?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, was it you? Or was it was?
Speaker 8: It was Hayden and my partner, And he said, how do you know him? And when we don't, is on you know, Michelle's son's Instagram And he went, oh, that's Hayden he's down in Melbourne with his new boyfriend.
Speaker 3: No, which is you? Just me and your mom? Found out that Hayden was coming to Christmas? Mitch was gay?
Speaker 7: Oh no, she knew that I was gay. She knew that I was kidding? Did she was a fresh wood? Was it was rough?
Speaker 8: Mum took a selfie with this waiter and said, can't wait to meet Hayden.
Speaker 7: Take it to my phone.
Speaker 3: But was that in a cute supportive way?
Speaker 1: Like a piece of aggressive? I know you've blocked me and got a boyfriend. Ya, I just feel like blocking. It's okay to block an X, it's okay.
Speaker 2: To block an ex employee. You don't want them to see things that you're doing. But sometimes blocking can well and truly backfire for you, and in your case, that seems to be the case.
Speaker 8: A well, long story shot, we're all good now, we're happy now. But took some took some time, but the block was messy. So let's take some calls. Thirteen one oh sixty five. When did your block backfire?
Speaker 3: I reckon, there's going to be a that's going to be some bad one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's take your calls next. Right now, ladies, we're talking when did you block backfire?
Speaker 8: Not like the Block TV Show's Scotti Family, although that did backfire this year.
Speaker 3: That I don't think I've blocked anyone.
Speaker 8: Well, I got I blocked my whole family when I went away with my boyfriend, and then mum found out that I had a boyfriend. It was a mess and we didn't talk for months. It was a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Do you know who blocked me? Ryan Gallagher from the challenge. I know you've got a bit of beef with him. He blocked me because quite a while ago I called him out on something and his response was Laura Burne, who he knew exactly who I was because he'd gone and blocked me. Oh hang on a minute, I thought that made celebrity.
Speaker 7: Be that's a block blessed.
Speaker 3: I believe he just blocked you. Now for the back of the challenge. He blocked me ages ago.
Speaker 2: We had we had a bit of a online off the back of you.
Speaker 3: I don't yeahka, great, all right?
Speaker 8: Thirteen one sixty five, we thought, when did your block backfire? Will take some calls, so Sophie's called, Hey, soph when did your block backfire?
Speaker 1: Kay?
Speaker 4: So my backfight hardcore I had a falling out with my best friend and she got married last week White Laura, and as soon as she got married, she blocked me off everything. I couldn't see the dress. So my dad thought it was a great idea to use his Instagram account and go on her public profile and she checks who views, so she reported, she reported.
Speaker 3: Him, But like, why did she block you though? What was the what was the reasoning?
Speaker 4: We had a falling out, so I was meant to go to her hands night. I'm not a drinker. I'm quite anxious. We had a big discussion about it and it came into a conflict. I made the decision to step back, and then it just back.
Speaker 2: That's very messy. Also, you got your dad to go full stealth mode for you.
Speaker 7: I agree. I'm how did you block backfire?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: So I got blocked on social media by one of the girls at work and then I don't actually know to this day why what like what kind of happened there?
Speaker 6: For me?
Speaker 10: Being may I went up to her at work and I was like, hey, like, did you block me on?
Speaker 1: I love that I'm because I would never do it, So I'm glad that you didn't.
Speaker 10: Yeah, No, I was just like I thought it was, but anyway, it absolutely was not. But she got the friend told me that this was not the place to do that, and I was like, oh, okay, no worries. I walked away, and then I went and told the other girls, like how funny it was that I'd been blocked on social media by this worker. And she actually ended up being in the room next b telling the other girls. So next day I'm there at work in the classroom and incomes my boss asking to sit down and have a mediation about the situation. To this day, I actually don't know why I was blocked, but she was quite upset about whatever had happened.
Speaker 2: You know what, I think communication is key in these situations.
Speaker 3: Blocking is just so final.
Speaker 1: I guess at the end of the day, you can can block reof you, what really can't you?
Speaker 3: Your media blocky mars.
Speaker 7: She also really slid over the fact that she was in a classroom.
Speaker 8: They were children trying to be taught, and then you've got two teachers.
Speaker 7: In the tea room.
Speaker 3: Do block ex boyfriends?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I would never would you block exses? Well, the one that was marrying someone else at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I unfollow people if I don't want to watch their content, but I don't think I think I've blocked one person ever, I can just patrol. I don't block people. I just think good on you, like unless it has to be pretty bad.
Speaker 8: All right now, Britt, you're on the Challenge Australia on Channel ten. You're doing a great job. Laura and I have a star from the show standing by to join us on the show. They're going to be here live in studio.
Speaker 3: Going to find out all behind the scenes details.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we're going to interview them about the sh because one.
Speaker 3: You don't like that's one. Can you see the panic on my face? Ryan Gallagher from Maths? What if it's rying Gallagher? Actually if he walks in, I'm walking out.
Speaker 8: They're known for being a bit of a bitch this person.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, bit confrontation, confrontational like the drama. Not you don't call I guess a bit before I come on air. I feel like this is in a very warm welcome. Sorry, I hope they're not listening. Well, I'm packing next.
Speaker 8: The start from the Challenge joins is at the Lifeline Cut radio show around Australia. Or you've been watching the other Challenge on Channel ten, starting out very own Britney Hockily.
Speaker 3: I actually don't. I don't know if you have watched it.
Speaker 2: I have watched fifty percent of the episodes so far, but to be fair, cut me a break because it was over my wedding.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, I'm not even actually really on it yet, so don't worry.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Well, look, there's been a couple of episodes. I feel like the ones this week. You got a little bit more airtime, not a lot, but a little bit more.
Speaker 1: I mean I got I think I had like three seconds. I looked pretty good in my dress on the dance floor. That was about it all I saw.
Speaker 7: Well, you just watch to look for yourself, don't you.
Speaker 3: Although I watched to see the edit.
Speaker 1: They're the only reasons you watch, Right, You're like what because you know what goes down on the show, but you're like, what makes it to the TV s.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the exactly what we wanted to know.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we wanted to get some backstage goss because you're not really giving us much, Britt. So Laura and I organized an interview with one of the stars of the challenge in Channel ten. Let's welcome them in. Now this is our celeb. Guess let's get him in. Guys, welcome to the show, one of the stars of the Challenge Australia.
Speaker 5: What a privilege it is to have bring me Hockley here from the Challenge to tell us all the behind the scenes, to tell us the inns, the outs and everything that has been going down, the true story of the Challenge.
Speaker 3: So hang on, no one's actually coming in. It's you, yo, Thank god.
Speaker 7: The only way we can get her down. She's that famous.
Speaker 3: Now, you guys.
Speaker 1: Preface this by saying the guest was a bitch.
Speaker 3: No, no, he says, she's here for the drama. He's just got a bit carried away.
Speaker 7: I was just joking drama.
Speaker 3: Okay, you are currently on one of the biggest reality TV series that is on television in the world, in the world. Move over, cud Dash.
Speaker 1: You told us absolutely nothing to not fair, You guys.
Speaker 3: Have shown zero interests.
Speaker 7: We haven't.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I want to know some stuff about the behind the scenes. I actually went down when the cameras were rolling.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I want to know like the amenities, like did you sleep on bunk beds?
Speaker 7: What did you guys eat? What do they feed you.
Speaker 1: So you're in a mansion. As soon as you get in, you have to go and fight to the death for your room. The rooms with bunk beds maybe about most rooms had four beds in them. Some lucky people got two. One bathroom in each room.
Speaker 3: So I was in a room. How many people are sharing a bathroom? So I was in the room with four people, men and women.
Speaker 1: I had David Yeap and then I had Meghan and Kiki. So there were three girls and David and one bathroom.
Speaker 2: Okay, So we saw a bit of a love story unfolded this week with Conrad and Meghan. Were there any other love stories that went on behind the scenes when the cameras weren't rolling. Did anyone else hook up off screen?
Speaker 3: No one hooked up. But I think people are hooked up now after the show. Who do you think? I'll just say it.
Speaker 1: I'm I think Ryan Gallagh and Seabomb I think they're together.
Speaker 3: Oh we've got a headline. Yeah, what makes you think that? Someone told me?
Speaker 8: I believe.
Speaker 3: So exclusive. It's not.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be starting rumors, but I will and I'm not saying this has not come from me. I have not witnessed it with my own two eyes, but they were heavy flirting in the show, one hundred percent. That was everyone saw the flirting, and then I think they've gotten together. I have another question about the whole love situation.
Speaker 2: Was there any conflict between Brooke and meet because obviously Brooke and Conrad hooked up on the Bachelor, and then Meghan is also from the Bachelor. Was there any sort of love triangle conflict there?
Speaker 3: Nah, everything's like to bed. That was so far. I mean like Conrad had moved on with another relationship.
Speaker 1: Brooke didn't pick him. Brooke didn't care. That was no one cared about that.
Speaker 8: Who did you have the biggest beef with in the house? Have we seen it yet unfold or is it going to.
Speaker 3: I think it's next week. Yeah, A bit at hard time.
Speaker 2: Well, and I know when Brick came off the challenge, the only little parts of it that she told me was that she had a really hard time with one person in there. And so in the lawrence, I think it's Ryan gallaghh.
Speaker 3: This is I called you in the show.
Speaker 1: Remember you get one call and I chose you when I was in tears, like you're in prison.
Speaker 2: We had one zoom call on me. It was away after a month and I was like, just leave. You don't need to do this.
Speaker 7: You told Britt to leave the show.
Speaker 1: Because there were some people in there that were so mean to me that I said, I don't know why I'm here, like it's so horrible, and Laura said leave and I was like.
Speaker 2: You don't need to be treated like that. If somebody is treating you so badly, Yeah, that's just.
Speaker 7: Leaps and that'll unfold Monday night.
Speaker 3: I don't know what level, but yeah, all right, well what.
Speaker 7: A great guess. Pretty hotly was.
Speaker 1: I really love getting the behind the scenes scoops from the absolute in a sign the show.
Speaker 8: We're okay, all right back next week for our final show of twenty twenty two, and of course you've got the podcast out on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Yes we do. And you know what, I'm not even on this episode of the podcast.
Speaker 8: Well I am.
Speaker 3: I'm on this. I'm on the start of it, but I'm not on the middle of it.
Speaker 2: Britt and Keisha, who was our producer, interviewed Logan Yuri.
Speaker 3: She is a dating coach from Hinge. You're a single person.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't want to learn to this one, Logan's brill and you know the drill.
Speaker 1: Guys, So your mum, tell your dad, tell your dog, tell your friends, and share the love.
Speaker 3: Because we love love.
Speaker 8: We love loves to say