Speaker 1: Hihart podcasts, Heem More Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app. I need to talk to you about something that has been plaguing my relationship.
Speaker 2: Well, lucky we.
Speaker 3: Are together now on a radio show. Then we talk, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, what are you doing about?
Speaker 1: So we've all heard of like the man look cute. We all make jokes about it, men who can't find things in the house.
Speaker 2: Like you've had a man's look. Yeah, you've had a man's look.
Speaker 1: You know, you tell someone exactly where it is and then they can't find it, and it's the quote is it's a man's look. This has become a real point of contention in my relationship with Matt, and I don't know whether it's getting progressively worse, whether he's I don't know, maybe the testosterone is increasing in him and therefore he just can't find things anymore. But it is something that we deal with frequently, to the point where I feel as though I could not be more specific about where I tell him something is, and he will walk downstairs, wander around looking at the ceiling and then say, oh, I can't find it, can't find it.
Speaker 3: It must be bad too, because you're bad. So if he's if he's worse than you like, because in our relationship you're like, have you seen my such and such? And if you're guiding him, then like the.
Speaker 2: Both of you, there's problems. Yeah, where are our kids?
Speaker 3: Has anyone seen?
Speaker 2: How many kids do we have?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 1: That's why we're having another one. Just replace them because.
Speaker 3: You've lost the other one.
Speaker 2: She'll show up. She's under lowed.
Speaker 1: No speaking of Okay, so we were putting. I was putting a lot of the girls to bed the other night, and Lola specifically has a drink bottle you know that she has in bed with her when she goes to sleep. They both do, but they're usually always in their beds. Anyway, I'd brought them downstairs and I had washed them, and so i'd put them away instead of taking them back upstairs and just putting them next to their bed. I called out to Matt and I was like, Babe, can you get Lola's drink bottle?
Speaker 2: He's like, I can't find it.
Speaker 1: And I was like, okay, well, it's as he sits on allow and literally literally and I was like, it's in the cupboard where the drink bottles are we.
Speaker 2: Have this one cupboard in our house?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know because we have we have so many drink bottles. He's got a million drink bottles for his Boddy protein shakes or everything.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's just full of drink bottles, nothing else. Yep, everyone has that cupboard.
Speaker 1: And I was like, it's in the drink bottle cupboard. I hear nothing for a second, can't find it. And I was like, okay, well, why don't you just grab one of the other drink it is in there, grab one of the other drink bottles. I know that there's five kid appropriate drink bottles in there. There's no drink bottles in here. And I was like, I'm sorry, are you telling me that there is not a single drink bottle.
Speaker 2: In the drink bottle in the drink bottle.
Speaker 1: Cupboard which I just restocked. And he was like, yeah, can't find it.
Speaker 2: Okay. I was like, and this is what you do, right.
Speaker 3: You go?
Speaker 2: If I walk downstairs.
Speaker 3: You know it's bad, child, but you know it's bad if you start with mate.
Speaker 2: So I do.
Speaker 1: I walk downstairs, open the drink bottle cupboard full to the brim of drink bottles right in front of five kids drink bottles. My husband turns around and says to me, oh, I didn't know they were in that cupboard.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you've lived in the house for two years. We mutually live in this house.
Speaker 1: This is the cupboard that has always held all of the And now I realized the reason why he keeps buying more friggin drink.
Speaker 2: Bottles is because he didn't know that.
Speaker 1: He thought he was losing them, and he didn't realize they were just going into a cupboard.
Speaker 2: Sorry, you don't live in the royal Palace. The kitchen is not that big. He could have figured it out. I know I'm calling it. I'm going to use the term weaponized in competence.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I mean let's not let's not sorry big terms around that some people might not know the meaning to.
Speaker 3: You can tell what I've learned something new, I will drop it.
Speaker 1: Matt said. You know, I might have had a man's look. He's like, but I really try this time. I thought I was looking in the right covert rubbish. And I think that there has to be more to this, because it can't just be weaponized in competence. Men out there, surely they're just as capable at.
Speaker 2: Looking for things as their female counterparts.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're lazy and they're not as smart.
Speaker 2: That's odd.
Speaker 1: All the men in the car like turning over to listen to I don't.
Speaker 2: Know who else is on the afternoons.
Speaker 1: No, okay, look, there's minimal research on this topic, which might come as a surprise, But there is a theory.
Speaker 2: It's called the hunter gatherer hypothesis. So this is what it says.
Speaker 1: Some researchers suggest that men inherently struggle to find things more than women. However, some researchers suggest that men's brains might be more adept at identifying distant, rapidly moving objects like prey, while women's brains are better at recognizing nearby static objects like berries and household eyes.
Speaker 3: Whatever. Because we have lost me at pray, do.
Speaker 1: You learn are out they're catching balls and women are catching drink bottles.
Speaker 3: I mean that's literally what my husband does is gold key by catches balls.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's my first thought.
Speaker 3: Why the hell are we doing research studies on why men can't find stuff?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 3: We haven't done them on endometriosis, we haven't done them on menopause, we haven't done.
Speaker 2: Them all I'm all for this that he need to be done. No, come back to me, come back to me.
Speaker 3: We've done research on menopause, then we could talk about why men can't find stuff. I literally just got off the I mean you were in the break, Laura, you were listening to my conversation with my husband. He's at my house and left him out some keys, and I'm trying to talk him through where they are and I'm like, no, Ben, they're right in front of you. He's like, I can't see them, They're not here. It was infuriating. I could see them.
Speaker 2: In the FaceTime. I'm like, they're they're there. He couldn't see them.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, what is wrong with men? But I'm glad now we've got the research that he can't find a berry, but he could catch a.
Speaker 2: Ball and find the prey.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've made this very heterosexual. But what about if you're in a same sex what if it's two men they never find anything, but Grace, you're in a same sex relationship, Surely there's someone in your household who just can't find anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I suck at looking for things, and my partner's like, if I find it in three seconds, I'll be so mad. That's an empty threat, because you know you are mad. Nah, but you win them over, and I know you would. To you that your eyelids, I'm very lovable.
Speaker 2: Proclaimed Just look, we're getting out of here. I've got shit to look for anyway,